Feature Pack WvW

Feature Pack WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

I really hope that golem mastery, commander tags, and new traps are not all we see… There has been silence for over a year now on “stuff” that was being worked on by the “wvw team”. The new commander tags could literally have been done in less than an hour. Heck 2 if you include making it account bound. What do you all think, as they say this is a WvW / sPvP Feature pack… if these 3 changes are all we see, will you also be upset?

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

Feature Pack WvW

in WvW

Posted by: VOLTCIEAGE.3029

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

I will be .we dont need different colors , we need new squad,cmd system !!!

Feature Pack WvW

in WvW

Otaur.9268

I will be .we dont need different colors , we need new squad,cmd system !!!

That’s what I’m talking about… We even had a CDI about it. Which was closed after 3 days only.

Feature Pack WvW

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

We will see it soon. I want to believe

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Feature Pack WvW

in WvW

Otaur.9268

We will see it soon. I want to believe

I’m going off of what has been posted by devs, what has been told to mmorpg.com and several other sites with same information, supposedly directly from developers. Including Guardian spirit weapon buff. But I guess wait and see it is… Please ANet, let me be wrong. If it took a year and 3 months for colored tags, we need to talk.

Feature Pack WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

The WvW team is actually one guy who usually works on the gem store, but occasionally during his free time he messes around with adding stuff to WvW.

1 year of development, a single siege mastery, 3 woooah colours for the commander tag and a 1200 range grenade that disables siege in a 450 radius. Haha.

Feature Pack WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

The WvW team is actually one guy who usually works on the gem store, but occasionally during his free time he messes around with adding stuff to WvW.

1 year of development, a single siege mastery, 3 woooah colours for the commander tag and a 1200 range grenade that disables siege in a 450 radius. Haha.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to disable siege and buff golems does not play wvw

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

Feature Pack WvW

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Disable sieges was a good idea. But just because cant make sieges to not damage through gates

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Feature Pack WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Trick.9370

Trick.9370

Pretty happy with the update. You can find me using a golem I think at least 80% of my playtime so every buff is very welcome! Also during raids we dont use the commander tag so I’m very curious how the other colours will look like! I’m also very curious how the new traps will work out because that is the one thing we all have been waiting for

Xcefior – dd ele
All alone in space and time.
There’s nothing here but whats here is mine.

Feature Pack WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I am reminded of this post… https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Questions-questions/4247758

I am going to jump in here answer these as honestly as I am able.

1. We can’t talk about that right now. Once the in-development features reach a state where we, as a company, are comfortable talking about them, we will.
  2. Some player requests are under development. What those are and when they will be completed, I can’t say at this time for reasons mentioned above.
  3. Devon is very busy with his job duties and only has limited time to devote to reading the forums. If he spent the time demanded of him responding to threads on the forums, his work would suffer. My job duties have me reading and reporting on the forums regularly to ensure that Devon and the rest of the team are aware of active concerns within the WvW community. I do this for other parts of the forum as well. As has been mentioned a multitude of times previously, our developers read the forums as much as they are able, but time prevents them from responding to everything they read.

So now we know what the big secrets were.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Feature Pack WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

I am reminded of this post… https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Questions-questions/4247758

I am going to jump in here answer these as honestly as I am able.

1. We can’t talk about that right now. Once the in-development features reach a state where we, as a company, are comfortable talking about them, we will.
  2. Some player requests are under development. What those are and when they will be completed, I can’t say at this time for reasons mentioned above.
  3. Devon is very busy with his job duties and only has limited time to devote to reading the forums. If he spent the time demanded of him responding to threads on the forums, his work would suffer. My job duties have me reading and reporting on the forums regularly to ensure that Devon and the rest of the team are aware of active concerns within the WvW community. I do this for other parts of the forum as well. As has been mentioned a multitude of times previously, our developers read the forums as much as they are able, but time prevents them from responding to everything they read.

So now we know what the big secrets were.

You know re-reading that post from Mark, you can take away the fact that there is no WvW team, just the single dev.
Why say Devon is busy instead of the WvW dev team? unless Devon is the only person who’s supposed to be working on WvW.

But to get back on topic, yes, seeing that all WvW got in the first feature pack was account bound WXP, only getting 2 things this feature pack, DOUBLE than last time, makes sense. We should praise them, I mean him, for giving us twice as much updates this time round!
Remember that commander tags are for PvE as well, so counting it as a WvW only update is really grasping at straws to fill a sinkhole.

What will be even better is the backlash Mark will get for his post about not being able to talk about updates if all we really do get is the above. Even including the coloured tags, we cannot believe you were told to be silent over such mundane and basic updates!!!!
Here’s hoping, lol yeah right I’ve given up on that for this game; that we get some real updates revealing in the coming weeks, for WvW!

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

(edited by Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054)

Feature Pack WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

2. Some player requests are under development.

This is the point that makes me laugh, and makes me wonder if Carver and Katzbach are drinking from the same water tap. They should get that thing checked out.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Feature Pack WvW

in WvW

Posted by: brandon.6735

brandon.6735

I have a feeling if this Feature pack doesn’t have something big for WvW then we may see a huge drop in population for WvW.

Guardianhipster
Thiefhipster

Feature Pack WvW

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

There has to be more to the commander system than just color tags. DC asked during the CDI if people would rather see a quick fix (new colors) or a more in depth change. Given that ANET didn’t implement the quick fix, they must have spent the time with the longer term changes.

Feature Pack WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

I’m going to point out what you people have failed to realize due to your lack of attention span…

There still hasn’t been a blog post/official reveal of the WvW updates. HOLD your sniveling until we actually get the information. Right now what you know is from bits and pieces of interviews/leaks. Hardly something to finalize your opinion about.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

Feature Pack WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I think the “explosive finales” thing will be fireworks are now usable in WvW. Hmm.. maybe that’s asking too much.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Feature Pack WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I think the “explosive finales” thing will be fireworks are now usable in WvW. Hmm.. maybe that’s asking too much.

It will probably be new finishers you get with ranks. All for looks and no new maps or real gameplay improvements.

Feature Pack WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Whoever thought it was a good idea to disable siege and buff golems does not play wvw

A page of thumbs for you, sir/ma’am!

Attachments:

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Feature Pack WvW

in WvW

Posted by: saratoga.4872

saratoga.4872

I’m going to point out what you people have failed to realize due to your lack of attention span…

There still hasn’t been a blog post/official reveal of the WvW updates. HOLD your sniveling until we actually get the information. Right now what you know is from bits and pieces of interviews/leaks. Hardly something to finalize your opinion about.

the Commander tag, Siege Disabler, and Golem mastery were discussed in great detail and demonstrated on a video at the european games convention… so as far as these three items there is No Need to wait…. we KNOW what it is…

Now if there are some additional changes then thats great…though if they are on par with these changes maybe not.

Feature Pack WvW

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

Upset? Nobody is going to be upset, because nobody is waiting anything else in this patch, nobody is waiting anything else in WvW ever… The whole community already accept that.

Feature Pack WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

beeing very excited of the upcoming patch looks like this
http://i.wyral.net/H6S/Uvl06y2.gif

but beeing upset is not an option either.

went esports

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

Feature Pack WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Mian.1945

Mian.1945

Do they even WvW?

The disabler grenade isn’t going to empower defenders, if a defending team has sufficient forces to drop off the walls and get within range of attacking siege and use grenades, then they have sufficient forces to just smash them anyway. If the attacking force is a monster zerg then all these grenades are good for is a thief buying 1 min of extra breathing space (ie useless).

What it will do is empower the attacking zerg. Whereas now a smaller defending force can set up an arrow cart/ballista choke, now all you need to do is send in a couple of stance warriors with grenades, disable all the arrow carts and then roll that zerg right in.

It will have the opposite effect to the one these clowns are expecting.

/All hail the final triumph of the map-blob meta.

Feature Pack WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Golem Damage Mastery, finally doors will melt faster than the loading screen >:|

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Feature Pack WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

This is an awesome feature, except for K-Train zergs. This will allow a server to get defenders to the objective, and then a fight will ensue. Keep fights are awesome.

Feature Pack WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Monty.8263

Monty.8263

Agree with OP. Also the outmanned buff needs to do more, especially with the disablers coming into play. Possibly make traps and tricks only usable by a world which has the outmanned buff? What do you think? The disabler just makes the more populated world stronger.

Feature Pack WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

This is an awesome feature, except for K-Train zergs. This will allow a server to get defenders to the objective, and then a fight will ensue. Keep fights are awesome.

If you think about it, it also empowers attackers if it is a throw AOE. Everyone knows that AOEs overlap onto wall tops so you can just bury the walls in grenades and disable every AC, ballista and treb up there then roll your zerg up to have all your siege disabled by the same grenades and PVD some more. Basically, the only things you’d have to fight would be burning oil and cannon and those will last 10s against focused fire.

So basically, you end up with two sides trying to carry as many grenades as possible and disabling each other’s siege to the point that siege is unnecessary and it’s all blob fights and PVD

Feature Pack WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

If you think about it, it also empowers attackers if it is a throw AOE. Everyone knows that AOEs overlap onto wall tops so you can just bury the walls in grenades and disable every AC, ballista and treb up there then roll your zerg up to have all your siege disabled by the same grenades and PVD some more. Basically, the only things you’d have to fight would be burning oil and cannon and those will last 10s against focused fire.

So basically, you end up with two sides trying to carry as many grenades as possible and disabling each other’s siege to the point that siege is unnecessary and it’s all blob fights and PVD

well. Defensive trebs and ACs are usually placed beyond the reach of any other siege not to mention grenades. All I expect is less PvD and more intense defending/attacking. IMO it may be very interesting feature.

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

Feature Pack WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Doesn’t bode well for us that they are stretching out line item release note items as major headline features. I really hoped part of the color tag change would come guild tags or similar.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”