Gates Oil Cannons Mortars way to squishy

in WvW

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

I have been wondering why you can’t damage a wall without siege but you can damage “Metal” Cannons Oil Gates etc

and While I was defending a tower with reinforced gates and there were about 40 people just hacking and slashing away and it was melting pretty good. I was thinking about how much has changed from a year ago and how the base WvW objectives haven’t changed at all.

why are the gates able to be DPS’d down and not the walls?
then I was thinking what about all the other stuff that is damaged easily

necros can life siphon lifeless siege, ele’s can burn down a mortar, rangers can shoot cannons etc.

I mean we all know how wild some of the towers are ( QL anyone?) I know they are working on the new map. but can we get the old map stuff fixed and updated.

I DIGRESS!

Hey ANET how about some Love and get some reality back to Tower/Keeps defenses.

an example, SW Garri Treb spot for Bay, you put a big block up there, but then neglected to notice that an AC can still hit INNER SW gate Siege from a mile below.

just re-balance some some stuff that hasn’t been touched since release is all i’m asking

Sincerly, Me.

in WvW

Posted by: blurps.2340

blurps.2340

I have been wondering why you can’t damage a wall without siege but you can damage “Metal” Cannons Oil Gates etc

Because keeps and fortresses would be almost impossible to take otherwise unless you have a huge advantage in numbers. Defense is very strong already if the attacked side actually bothers to show up.

Currently they lack incentives to do so, but that’s another issue entirely.

Cannons and oil being vulnerable to siege only would just strengthen the Vizunah-style ( i.e. PvD at night and bunker in the keeps and towers during the day ) even more and I think we can all agree that wouldn’t be a boon to WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: urzen.7096

urzen.7096

Because keeps and fortresses would be almost impossible to take otherwise unless you have a huge advantage in numbers. Defense is very strong already if the attacked side actually bothers to show up.

Currently they lack incentives to do so, but that’s another issue entirely.

Cannons and oil being vulnerable to siege only would just strengthen the Vizunah-style ( i.e. PvD at night and bunker in the keeps and towers during the day ) even more and I think we can all agree that wouldn’t be a boon to WvW.

Well that was the whole point of building a castle. And you know people would just zerg siege instead. The issue is really whether WVW should be easier or harder. How you accomplish that isn’t really relevant.

Personally I think taking keeps and castles are the most fun fights because of the difficulty. When you fight for a few hours and win, you feel like you actually accomplished something. Unlike zerging a tower.

Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Still waiting for a repair skill on those keep upgraded sieges. I mean a skilled attacker could just have some roamers attack them all to 1 hp and you can’t repair. Then they come with zerg. Destroy them. Attacking the objective… and of course there is no new build site respawning cause it takes time.

Yeah: Either make them invulnerable. Let us repair(my preferred option) or let build sites respawn immediately.

Repair would be best. Just give an additional skill while using the weapon that takes away some supply. And let it only be used when not in combat so you can’t counterrepair it immediately while attacked.

Also cannons need to be a bit higer… sometimey they have very limited angle. You move them a bit to the left and they hit the wall they are mounted on instead of shooting to the target more away. Should be usable 360 degree.

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Even if Oil were more durable it would just delay an attack for a few more seconds.

The problem with Oil as I see it is that it is rarely used for it’s intended purpose. It’s incredibly effective, which is why it’s the first focus target of an attacking zerg.

But the position make it extremely vulnerable.

Maybe making it immun to player damage would work, but in turn making it take damage from Ballistas (hell knows they need a purpose).

Then a Zerg would need to decide whether to take it out using a Ballista or risk the threat of an Oil attack.

in WvW

Posted by: Sreoom.3690

Sreoom.3690

If I were King I would build towers with no doors and employ mesmers to port my army in and out….just say’n.

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger