I love being on FC!

I love being on FC!

in WvW

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

I don’t know what ArenaNet did, but so many weeks in a row of ridiculously close matchups for Ferguson’s Crossing… I love it.
Look for yourself..
http://mos.millenium.org/servers/history/48

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

I love being on FC!

in WvW

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

Moobs, stop looking at ppt and score. It does not tell me how much fun is had.

How were the quality of the fights?

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

I love being on FC!

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Hey, some people like playing for score/PPT. Different idea of fun. Seems like OP finds that PPT is his thing?

I’ll never understand why people play purely for PPT. It’s nice to see your server is ticking high, but it’s nicer to farm bags or have intense, closely fought battles.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

I love being on FC!

in WvW

Darek.1836

No I never play for PPT. But its nice to know everyone is making a difference. Fights suck btw, transfer to NSP, Belle, we get matched with them every week!

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

I love being on FC!

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

IMO T5-T7 has almost always been a solid place to find good fights. T4 and up has far too many zergs and usually a big population and/or coverage imbalance. I would move back down but my friends simply don’t want to pony up $20.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

I love being on FC!

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

No I never play for PPT. But its nice to know everyone is making a difference. Fights suck btw, transfer to NSP, Belle, we get matched with them every week!

Wait, you don’t play for PPT, but fights suck?

Anyway, the best is to play a hybrid of both PPT and fights. You can get good fights by hitting structures and luring your enemy server out to play. Or you can force fights by bashing down gates/walls and force them to defend, or on the other side, defending a structure is a hell of a fight as well.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

I love being on FC!

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Augus.5917

Brutal Augus.5917

I have to agree, Lately we’ve been getting pretty balanced matchups(not IoJ and HoD) for our servers general WvW population. Playing bigger servers will never deter me from playing, but it is nice to play teams closer to our size.

[varX] Limitless Potential

I love being on FC!

in WvW

Posted by: Mochann.5298

Mochann.5298

Eredon Terrace will soon claw up to T7 and face you again. Be ready!

#ELEtism on Eredon Terrace

I love being on FC!

in WvW

Brutal Augus.5917

We look forward to it

I love being on FC!

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Anyway, the best is to play a hybrid of both PPT and fights. You can get good fights by hitting structures and luring your enemy server out to play. Or you can force fights by bashing down gates/walls and force them to defend, or on the other side, defending a structure is a hell of a fight as well.

It depends on the servers you play against. Down here in the lowers, there’s less people to go around, so each server tends to develop a stronger “personality” (for lack of a better word) than in the upper tiers where you have enough players to fulfill all types of play.

For example, the current matchup: GoM/AR/FC. Anvil Rock doesn’t really care much for PPT, but loves to paper things up. Shortly after primetime each night, they will happily give up their own borderland to run around and knock out enemy garrisons because they find it fun.

FC’s particular flavor is their small groups. While their zerg is running around, small groups of Ferglings will set up shop in high-traffic areas and just pick fights regardless of score. One group, in particular, loves to cap north camp, drop a box o’ fun, and treb the enemy citadel until people come out to play. And if you fight them long enough, everyone eventually turns into moose (meese?) and starts running around.

Down here, you tend to get to know your enemies a bit better because… well, there’s less of them. Aside from the grand-scale fights that happen during a 2-3 hour window in primetime each night, WvW pretty much shuts down and the borderlands become giant playgrounds. That bizarre randomness that happens during the off-peak hours, not the scoreboard, is what makes some servers much more fun to play against than others.

I love being on FC!

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

IMO T5-T7 has almost always been a solid place to find good fights. T4 and up has far too many zergs and usually a big population and/or coverage imbalance. I would move back down but my friends simply don’t want to pony up $20.

With the decline in WvW population in the lower tiers you could go entire nights without finding any decent fights. Things would get particularly bad later in the matchup week.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

I love being on FC!

in WvW

Brutal Augus.5917

It depends on the servers you play against. Down here in the lowers, there’s less people to go around, so each server tends to develop a stronger “personality” (for lack of a better word) than in the upper tiers where you have enough players to fulfill all types of play.

For example, the current matchup: GoM/AR/FC. Anvil Rock doesn’t really care much for PPT, but loves to paper things up. Shortly after primetime each night, they will happily give up their own borderland to run around and knock out enemy garrisons because they find it fun.

FC’s particular flavor is their small groups. While their zerg is running around, small groups of Ferglings will set up shop in high-traffic areas and just pick fights regardless of score. One group, in particular, loves to cap north camp, drop a box o’ fun, and treb the enemy citadel until people come out to play. And if you fight them long enough, everyone eventually turns into moose (meese?) and starts running around.

Down here, you tend to get to know your enemies a bit better because… well, there’s less of them. Aside from the grand-scale fights that happen during a 2-3 hour window in primetime each night, WvW pretty much shuts down and the borderlands become giant playgrounds. That bizarre randomness that happens during the off-peak hours, not the scoreboard, is what makes some servers much more fun to play against than others.

I have to admit, this^^ is actually very accurate.

I love being on FC!

in WvW

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Also, Kill Box and Club Orb! I enjoy the smaller fights and the ability to defend without any side being completely slaughtered.

I love being on FC!

in WvW

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

Moobs how much did you get paid to do this

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

I love being on FC!

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

And taco never comes to play anymore. Never ever.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

I love being on FC!

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

And taco never comes to play anymore. Never ever.

Well, I certainly can’t livestream anymore because you guys are jerks. :P

I love being on FC!

in WvW

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

With the decline in WvW population in the lower tiers you could go entire nights without finding any decent fights. Things would get particularly bad later in the matchup week.

Lower tier doesn’t mean last tier. Even though you all transferred, that DR QQ still pulses through your veins.

And Taquito, you still owe me some fireworks. Next time? :]

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

I love being on FC!

in WvW

Darek.1836

I felt like bragging

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

I love being on FC!

in WvW

Posted by: JahRo.6432

JahRo.6432

I felt like bragging

i miss ur rage ;_;

Morn [BFF][VLK]
Maguuma
(Insert other useless !@#$ here)

I love being on FC!

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

few people claim they play for fight and not ppt, but they transferred off to T1 when their former server was overwhelmed most of the time…

staying on their former server could have provided the fight they are looking for right ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

I love being on FC!

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

I think it’s just t6/7 being 2 very competitive tiers. Darkhaven has gotten many good matches as well. This matchup is the least competitive, but it’s not short on competition during primetime (when people go to sleep, Darkhaven throws a party).

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

I love being on FC!

in WvW

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

WTF, you tell me fights suck and then tell me to transfer to where fights suck?

IT’S LIKE YOU’RE TELLING ME YOU GOT FOOD POISONED BUT HERE TRY SOME OF MY LEFTOVERS.

I am very happy on Maguuma. I love the server a lot. It is full of very funny trolls and I don’t see very many ppt try-hards here.

PS: Sorry to necro this thread. I have been trying to wean myself off forum warrioring so I could be more productive so I missed the replies to this thread.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

I love being on FC!

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

Hey, some people like playing for score/PPT. Different idea of fun. Seems like OP finds that PPT is his thing?

I’ll never understand why people play purely for PPT. It’s nice to see your server is ticking high, but it’s nicer to farm bags or have intense, closely fought battles.

Well, most people play a competitive game in order to win, and in terms of WvW, PPT is what determines winning and losing. If that is what people like, then there is nothing wrong with that. If PPT is all that is fun, then people will get bored quickly, as PvD isn’t exciting for hours upon hours everyday.

Battles are fun, but you can’t have 8 hours of constant massive battles non-stop in WvW (except, maybe t1). So, if only battles are fun then people will get bored quickly when the battles aren’t there.

If farming bags if you thing, then why the hell would you be in WvW anyways? You can farm more bags in PvE, at a constant rate, and not have to try and find fights in order to get them.

Now, if you combine all 3, PPT, Big Fights, and Bag Farming, then you can achieve the most fun.

I love being on FC!

in WvW

Posted by: Muramasa.6487

Muramasa.6487

Terguson’s Outhouse.

I love being on FC!

in WvW

Posted by: BirdSong.2541

BirdSong.2541

I don’t know what ArenaNet did, but so many weeks in a row of ridiculously close matchups for Ferguson’s Crossing… I love it.
Look for yourself..
http://mos.millenium.org/servers/history/48

Can you ask members of FC to transfer off NSP if your server is so good and stop destroying golems, draining keep supply and tagging our commanders for certain guilds -cough- war zones -cough- for the past matchups.

No accusations of course, it just looks kinda bad.

Commander Rob
ZoS Guild
Northern Shiverpeaks Nightcrew