Incapable or Unwilling

Incapable or Unwilling

in WvW

Posted by: Darius.1430

Darius.1430

to stop the increasing amount of blatant in-your-face hacking/cheating.

Not just complaining, I seriously would like to know.

If Anet is incapable of doing anything, I might as well leave now, because it is getting rediculous. However, if they are unwilling, then there is a chance this could get turned around once Anet figures out why gem sales begin to drop.

Incapable or Unwilling

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

There will never be a game that is immune to hacking/cheating. No matter how much time and resources you spend on it there will always be people that manage to bypass it somehow.

And lets be honest here: Would there really be much point banning people without figuring out how to deal with the actual hack first? If they ban a bunch of people but the hack is still available new people will just fill the spots of those that were banned.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Incapable or Unwilling

in WvW

Posted by: fightveryhard.8975

fightveryhard.8975

I’m seeing a lot of complaints pop up about Guild Wars 2. I stopped playing for 7-8 months and just recently came back to start up a new character and check out the new content. I agree, there’s a lot of problems with lack of content and issues with in the game but ANet won’t do anything about people who complain and keep playing. They want you to keep playing. But the game is still growing with lots and lots of people playing. What do they honestly need to change if the population is growing? Why don’t you guys who complain just stop playing? If they see an exponential decline in the game’s population they’ll be forced to do something about it. But it’s the exact opposite. So, until you get a little rally together, nothing will ever happen – nothing will ever change. Accept it.

Incapable or Unwilling

in WvW

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

The latest thread about cheating with 100% proof of the cheaters cheating has been deleted and Anet won’t be taking any action. The people who posted the videos to report the cheaters probably got their posts infracted or might have even been temporarily banned.

There is no way to report cheaters in this game. Emailing Anet at the “exploits” email doesn’t actually do anything.

The cheaters win again.

Incapable or Unwilling

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

The latest thread about cheating with 100% proof of the cheaters cheating has been deleted and Anet won’t be taking any action. The people who posted the videos to report the cheaters probably got their posts infracted or might have even been temporarily banned.

There is no way to report cheaters in this game. Emailing Anet at the “exploits” email doesn’t actually do anything.

The cheaters win again.

Such a thread would be deleted simply because it is a rather clear breach of the rules of both the game and the forums.

There is a way to report cheaters and hackers, and if people would actually do that instead of raging about it on the forums it would most likely have quite a bit more effect. Keep in mind however that they still need to investigate and make sure what is happening before just blatantly banning an account.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Incapable or Unwilling

in WvW

EvilSardine.9635

There is a way to report cheaters and hackers

No, there really isn’t.

Incapable or Unwilling

in WvW

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

There will never be a game that is immune to hacking/cheating. No matter how much time and resources you spend on it there will always be people that manage to bypass it somehow.

- Alright, it may be theoretically possible to hack every game in existence somehow, but how many games have you played where you’ve witnessed hacking yourself? If you’re seeing it, then the security must be very compromised indeed!

Incapable or Unwilling

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

I have yet to see any online game (where I have seen other people) where I have not seen hacking/cheating at least once.

Quite beside the point though. The fact remains that there is no system in the world that is immune to hacking and cheating and just banning people without fixing the hack is quite pointless.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Incapable or Unwilling

in WvW

Posted by: Torgrim.3642

Torgrim.3642

And lets be honest here: Would there really be much point banning people without figuring out how to deal with the actual hack first? If they ban a bunch of people but the hack is still available new people will just fill the spots of those that were banned.

As far as I know GW2 are still B2P and not FTP, if people are getting banned others might take it easy with the hacks because who want to lose a fully geared lvl 80, you have to buy a new account and start over.

Yes hackers will always be around but as it is now GW2 are hackers heaven.

Incapable or Unwilling

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

The cheaters win again.

Such a thread would be deleted simply because it is a rather clear breach of the rules of both the game and the forums.

There is a way to report cheaters and hackers, and if people would actually do that instead of raging about it on the forums it would most likely have quite a bit more effect. Keep in mind however that they still need to investigate and make sure what is happening before just blatantly banning an account.

We have tried this way. Hundreds of people have reported the person that was specifically mentioned in the deleted thread where video of him was linked. Emails sent to exploits@arena.net. Support tickets submitted with stock GM responses telling us to post here. He’s still playing.

There really is no way to report it. I’m going to have to go with “unwilling” here because all they need to do is delete his account. But they don’t. There are half a dozen videos of him out there now and yet I login, and there he is in EBG speedhacking all over the place.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Incapable or Unwilling

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

Not just complaining, I seriously would like to know.

Both. Because I kept the chronology – the complaints about hacks, videos included, started February. They have had plenty of time to take measures. Instead all they do is delete posts, asks for emails to trashcan@arena.net and bury their heads in the sand.

Incapable or Unwilling

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

After all this time and all the threads about hacking and cheating the hacks that where around at the beginning are still around today.

Anet isn’t going to do anything about it so there is no point reporting it and there is certainly no point complaining about it.

I used to be passionate about reporting and coming to these forums and complaining but now I’m just resigned to the fact that Anet doesn’t give a rats behind about WvW.

(edited by Colly.4073)

Incapable or Unwilling

in WvW

Posted by: Typhus.3502

Typhus.3502

I think I’ve seen one or two hackers since release. Is it really a huge problem?

[TW] Pumped

Incapable or Unwilling

in WvW

EvilSardine.9635

I think I’ve seen one or two hackers since release. Is it really a huge problem?

A few cheaters in most games are no big deal because they are banned very quickly.

There are people in this game who have been cheating for over a year. I’m not talking on and off cheating. This is blatant non stop cheating every moment they are playing. They brag on the forums and in game about cheating. Countless people submit videos of them cheating and report them as best they can and nothing has been done.

So yes, the one or two cheaters you’ve seen since release is a huge problem because THEY STILL HAVE NOT BEEN BANNED.

Incapable or Unwilling

in WvW

Posted by: Sunreva.8714

Sunreva.8714

I understand the frustration. It’s sorta like how someone may go years without witnessing or being victim to a burglary. Obviously until that happens, it’s not really a huge problem warranting attention or action.

Incapable or Unwilling

in WvW

Posted by: roxybudgy.8205

roxybudgy.8205

As others have said, most games have cheats/hacks. Build a better mouse trap and nature will build a better mouse.

I used to be a GM for a F2P MMORPG, and we would often get reports from players about people hacking. Most players would supply screenshots or Youtube videos which don’t really show much, making it impossible to verify whether any hacking was going on in the images/video supplied, thus no action was taken.

When the images/video provided give a clearer indication that funny business is going on, we were required to issue warnings to the player prior to any banning (the only insta-bannable offences were ones relating to cash shop fraud, go figure). the developers/higher-ups would attempt to observe for themselves the hack in progress so that they can find counter measures.

All in all, it was a very long and tedious process. It may take many months for the developers to implement ways to stop the hacking. As for the player using the hacks, we had to issue a warning first, second warning, 3 day temp ban, 7 day temp ban, 1 month temp ban. Usually never got to the temp ban stage because either the hacker stopped hacking, or the other players can’t be bothered reporting the same guy again and again.

But Guild Wars is not a F2P game and I would imagine they have more staff than those on a F2P MMO, so who knows~

Incapable or Unwilling

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

I worked on a competitive multiplayer game that shall go unnamed about 10 years ago, and anyone caught hacking (it was an FPS, so it was mostly aimbotting) was immediately removed from the game. While we couldn’t simply delete accounts from reports without evidence, videos would cause us to put GMs on watch on their account and follow them discreetly to get an actual eye on what they were doing so that:

a) We could work to figure out what the person was doing so we could patch the game to prevent it from happening again.
b) There was an actual staff member at our company that could vouch that the person was hacking/exploiting. This would lead to automatic account deletion.

Sadly, Anet does not appear to have any such system in place. If there are ingame GMs, I don’t know who they are or if they even care enough to respond to a message about something like this. I have seen them in PvP. They wear the dev tag, though, so it’s likely that anyone that would generally be hacking/exploiting would not do it with them around.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Incapable or Unwilling

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Both incapable and unwilling. (Remember the dev thread that asked for automatic solutions to siege trolling? They are clearly not willing to create a GM system. The thread was total fail as expected, by the way.)

Incapable or Unwilling

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Let the cheaters destroy the game, bad reviews will kill the game.

Incapable or Unwilling

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Reporting cheaters/hackers to anets email is the same as writing down their name on a piece of paper and throw it in a bin. Useless waste of time.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Incapable or Unwilling

in WvW

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

They are capable of deleting accounts, therefore they are not incapable of taking action.

Clearly it is the latter. They just plain don’t care.

Incapable or Unwilling

in WvW

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

Both incapable and unwilling.

Incapable is due to the design choice to have client side handling the data calculation. Any band-aid fixes are only to delay the hacks for a couple days. Can’t fix it unless they replace w/ better engine which makes absolutely no-sense for an out dated product on the down slope of its existence.
Unwilling because hackers don’t compete w/ Anet’s treasure department like botters, so it makes no business sense to pour resources into things w/ no return. They don’t even have any option to report hackers even though hackers and their techniques were around since day 1 and is no secret to any one wanted to find out. (Implying it’s not important to warrant a change in a report option).

People are too serious of their knowledge.