Incoming: WvW Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/08/31/pax-prime-2013-guild-wars-2-prepares-to-blow-your-mind-all-o/

Looks like someone jumped the gun before it got announced on the pannel.

I’d actually like to see a period of free transfers at the end of every season, it could add more diversity to WvW.

[Scnd] Use Your Illusion

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

LOL!

I really hope they merge some servers before this crap starts. I can already tell you the exact order of the bottom 4 servers which will likely get nothing out of this.

in WvW

Posted by: IDarko.4709

IDarko.4709

Sounds quite awesome actually!

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]
Gandara – WvW Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

1. SFR
2.VIZUNAH
3. DESOLATION

I called it first . :P

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Yeah…..leagues when the servers are as imbalanced/stacked as they are right now sounds like a horrible idea. The winners will be decided before the fight even starts….

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

inb4"organised battle league"

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

For anyone too lazy to go find it.

Over on the WvW front it’s much more exciting. The goosebump-raising news of the day is that the first season of WvW is to come, and as such, the team will be dividing up servers into leagues that will compete for huge rewards over a span of seven weeks. Europe will feature three leagues and North America will have four leagues, each league containing several worlds. The idea here is to look at recent WvW ratings and match up worlds in similar levels, with a gold league, a silver league, and so on.

As the first season progresses, each world will have a shot to earn points every week based on its standing. First place awards the most points, but your side will still get some points for lower rankings too. At the end of the season, the points will be added up and the world with the most points will get a cool trophy and a unique custom finisher. However, there will be smaller rewards doled out along the way, and even if you don’t participate in WvW, you could be on the receiving end of some goodies if your server does well.

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Apparently a gvg taskforce has been set into motion to. If they implement the WvW version of 20v20 and screw over the pvp population….

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in WvW

Hickeroar.9734

Ugh. It’s confirmed. There’s no way this is going to end up “fun” for T8 matched up with T1.

So you basically get a reward on your server because you’re stacked. Unbelievable. It’s just…..mindboggling. Stacked servers will now get MORE stacked because they want the rewards.

Did anyone actually THINK about this change before doing it?

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

If they implement the WvW version of 20v20 and screw over the pvp population….

You mean like how sPvP has screwed over WvW since launch?

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

(edited by Mif.3471)

in WvW

Genev.2450

Apparently a gvg taskforce has been set into motion to. If they implement the WvW version of 20v20 and screw over the pvp population….

src?

in WvW

Mif.3471

Ugh. It’s confirmed. There’s no way this is going to end up “fun” for T8 matched up with T1.

Um… with “2 groups of 12 servers” for NA, I don’t see how T8 servers will fight T1.

in WvW

Atherakhia.4086

May as well call it Night Cap League. There’s no balance whatsoever in WvW :/

in WvW

Hickeroar.9734

Um… with “2 groups of 12 servers” for NA, I don’t see how T8 servers will fight T1.

He didn’t say they would be cut in half…..

in WvW

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1lhh8z/wvw_converted_in_a_league_system_with_three/

In that article apparently.

And how did we screw over Wvw resource-wise? We have gotten nearly nothing or kitten stuff.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in WvW

Posted by: playandchill.3908

playandchill.3908

THEY NEED TO REMOVE REALM XFER OR THIS IS PLAIN BULLkitten
LETS DO THIS

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

(edited by playandchill.3908)

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

If this puts an end to T1/2 servers being matched with T5/6 then it sounds pretty awesome.

It still leaves a ton of stuff broken and in need of fixing, but at least it’s a step in the right direction.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

in WvW

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Whilst I didn`t expect a new map or some real balancing to the server match ups, I thought the big news would be something better then this joke lol

Ah well, can`t say I`m not remotely surprised at just more fluff…

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

So you basically get a reward on your server because you’re stacked. Unbelievable. It’s just…..mindboggling. Stacked servers will now get MORE stacked because they want the rewards.

My guess is that the 4 leagues will be 1-6, 7-12, 13-18, 19-24. T1 isn’t going to be matched up with T8 unless someone at ANet is a terrible troll.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in WvW

Posted by: banana.9038

banana.9038

Being on Ferguson’s Crossing is finally going to pay off! Oh wait… never mind. Lets reward servers with more players and have a couple months of people getting roflstomped.

In before T1 servers are all magically “full” and all other servers are “very high” population.

in WvW

Posted by: Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Now with more info…this is a REALLY bad idea, the winning server will get a TON of transfers from PvErs that want to get rewards. This might end up ruining the experience for everyone.
Imagine for instance you were someone that enjoyed killing Embers in Curshed Shore (rofl, I know this example sucks, but it’s the one I could came up with), and then the patch came and suddenly you have 300+ players spamming “GUARD LFG”, and can’t even see enemies anymore, all because of players chasing easy loot. This is how I feel for anyone that enjoys WvW, we will get swarmed by scavengers looking for shinies.
Personally , I’d like to see a system where every 7 weeks, free transfers are allowed, and everything is fresh, that could help balancing out servers, but for god’s sake, no rewards for the winning server.

[Scnd] Use Your Illusion

in WvW

Hickeroar.9734

My guess is that the 4 leagues will be 1-6, 7-12, 13-18, 19-24. T1 isn’t going to be matched up with T8 unless someone at ANet is a terrible troll.

He said it would be 2×12, not 4×6.

This makes no sense AT ALL in any case. We already know how the servers rank. I (anyone) will be able to tell you the winners, and which order they won in, before a season even starts.

WvW is a completely stacked system. You’re basically rewarding servers for having more players with a league system. It’s not a fair matchup system anyway, and then you throw this in and it’s just abhorrently bad now. I’m flabbergasted.

ANet is definitely more interested in just getting raw player numbers into WvW than supporting their long-term, dedicated playerbase.

in WvW

Hickeroar.9734

Now with more info…this is a REALLY bad idea, the winning server will get a TON of transfers from PvErs that want to get rewards. This might end up ruining the experience for everyone.

There’s no “might” about it. This will completely ruin the little remaining spirit left in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

When the league starts!

Less trolling! Moar killing for me!

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

in WvW

Atherakhia.4086

This makes no sense AT ALL in any case. We already know how the servers rank. I (anyone) will be able to tell you the winners, and which order they won in, before a season even starts.

WvW is a completely stacked system. You’re basically rewarding servers for having more players with a league system. It’s not a fair matchup system anyway, and then you throw this in and it’s just abhorrently bad now. I’m flabbergasted.

Yea, unless they open up free transfers from specific realms to others (can’t just open up free transfers to the bottom tier and expect a balanced outcome) it’s a bust. I’m not looking forward to fighting against 8 of the 12 servers we’ll be paired with. The population disparity and night time coverage is abysmal.

It’s like they’re intentionally trying to drive their game into the dirt. It will just annoy whole servers of WvW’ers when they’re paired against such lopsided servers.

in WvW

Hickeroar.9734

Yea, unless they open up free transfers from specific realms to others (can’t just open up free transfers to the bottom tier and expect a balanced outcome) it’s a bust. I’m not looking forward to fighting against 8 of the 12 servers we’ll be paired with. The population disparity and night time coverage is abysmal.

And throw away all that money? Ain’t gonna happen.

in WvW

Posted by: Tellerion.8102

Tellerion.8102

Massive server-transferring incoming.

~~Ayeres~~

(edited by Tellerion.8102)

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

TON of transfers from PvErs that want to get rewards.

Article clearly states you have to actually play WvW to get the reward.

“Europe will feature three leagues and North America will have four leagues, each league containing several worlds.”

This would be 4×6.

In before T1 servers are all magically “full” and all other servers are “very high” population.

T1 is already Full, and its close to impossible to transfer to the top three populations JQ, BG, and TC.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Lutto.8745

Lutto.8745

This is the most useless and worthless announcement I could ever hope for.

This fixes nothing and its only going to make things worse.. no fights and everyone is going to tryhard for points.

and does this also mean that my rank14 server dosent have to fight rank 3 servers anymore? can we get rank 1/2 aswell and have even more fun?

Member of [SoZ] GM of mEIGHT [mEJT]
S1/S2 Legend Engineer @ Gandara EU.

in WvW

Posted by: Requiral.7689

Requiral.7689

Jade Quarry vs. Yak’s Bend vs. Borlis Pass…. fun matchup for all!!!!

Requiral

I Swear She Was Eighteen [Gwen]

in WvW

Vena.8436

This fixes nothing and its only going to make things worse.. no fights and everyone is going to tryhard for points.

How does one go for points without fighting the people defending the points? You’re not going to win by just bunkering in Hills 24/7.

[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Mif.3471

Massive server-transfersing incoming.

So the 2 hour queues on T1 servers will become 5hrs.

I fail to see the difference it will make.

in WvW

Posted by: banana.9038

banana.9038

“Europe will feature three leagues and North America will have four leagues, each league containing several worlds.”

This would be 4×6.

T1 is already Full, and its close to impossible to transfer to the top three populations JQ, BG, and TC.

T1 is not full. Click “world selection” and it says “very high”.

Edit: Would not surprise me if servers were “full” yesterday.

(edited by banana.9038)

in WvW

Mif.3471

WvW is about points. If you don’t like that don’t play WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaleygh.1524

Kaleygh.1524

Dont worry guys, the next big wvw announcement is about new arrowcart skins for only 800 gems
All jokes aside, they really need to fire that Devon guy.

Kaleygh – MNMN
3 wvw kills

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

This would be 4×6.

Yeah, unfortunately for you, that’s not what Devon said. Thats what the article wrote, but not what Devon said. He said 2×12.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

in WvW

Vena.8436

T1 is not full. Click “world selection” and it says “very high”.

I can’t really check atm, but I’ll take your word for it and stand corrected.

[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: FrankieBonez.8361

FrankieBonez.8361

Emotions and speculation are running high right now in this thread, but i’ll stay calm and wait to see exactly how they implement this.

“North America will have four leagues, each league containing several worlds. The idea here is to look at recent WvW ratings and match up worlds in similar levels, with a gold league, a silver league, and so on.” source Joystiq

So rewards will be based on the winner of each league (bronze, silver, gold, etc), not the absolute #1 as we have now.

Wait a minute . . . did they just bring tiers back?

Overlord Sorin | Sorin Rising | Ansorin
Elephant Ambush [EA] | Dragonbrand | GW2 YouTube!

(edited by FrankieBonez.8361)

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

I’m in a league of my own.

Its called the Platinum Awesome League.
You’re all welcome to join me, once you have solo’d Stonemist of course.

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

in WvW

Posted by: Tellerion.8102

Tellerion.8102

So the 2 hour queues on T1 servers will become 5hrs.

I fail to see the difference it will make.

The difference will be the lack of people in the lower tier servers, as the only thing this will encourage is for people to stack on already high-stacked servers, as WvW is purely about coverage.

So basically we are going to see more ghost-town servers such as Vabbi.

~~Ayeres~~

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

Wow I actually suggested something like this some months ago (look at my signature)

Shame they forgot to fix the population imbalance across the servers (like I also warned it had to be done), this way the league will just serve to create even more stacked servers (the PvE farmers will just farm tons of gold, convert it to gems and transfer)

2/10 it wasn’t THAT bad

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

(edited by Chiolas.1326)

in WvW

Posted by: Caliburn.1845

Caliburn.1845

Potentially good idea, but depends entirely on how it is specifically implemented.

The differing WvW populations are the big problem, but they could start to be fixed if the WvW team is creative enough. One method would be simple. If you transfer mid-season to a HIGHER ranked server you are locked out of WvW for the duration of the season. If you transfer to a lower ranked server you can still play.

Or, even harsher(and better imo) just lock transfers entirely for every server that wins its league and season. Meaning that the next season that server will be facing servers that are potentially stronger, while the winning server remains exactly the same(weaker in practice due to attrition).

What absolutely cannot work is just allowing certain servers to win each respective league and get stronger each repetition. That would lead to even more staleness and boredom in WvW.

Caliburn.1845, Monsters Inc.
Darkhaven>Dragonbrand>Blackgate>Maguuma>Yaks Bend>Stormbluff Isle>Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

League system where you can transfer to a winning server by just paying gems = failure

Imagine any team sports where all the members of the winning team are rewarded handsomely. There is no upper limit how many members the team can have and you can pay a bit to transfer to the winning team. Who would ever want to transfer to a losing team? Nobody.

This will just lead to the already stacked servers becoming even more stacked.

When does Arenanet developers understand this:

Best 24/7 coverage = Win

The weekly WvWvW victory has very little to do with skill. It is mostly decided by how many players actively play that game around the clock.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in WvW

Posted by: Kalorian.1935

Kalorian.1935

So much speculation in this thread. Wait to hear how the match-ups, scoring and rewards are going to work before getting too worked up.

Here’s the part of the Massively article I found most curious:
“However, there will be smaller rewards doled out along the way, and even if you don’t participate in WvW, you could be on the receiving end of some goodies if your server does well.”

If everyone on the server is going to get some rewards based on WvW performance, can I get in on some of the Living Story loot bags while in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

League system where you can transfer to a winning server by just paying gems = failure

Imagine any team sports where all the members of the winning team are rewarded handsomely. There is no upper limit how many members the team can have and you can pay a bit to transfer to the winning team. Who would ever want to transfer to a losing team? Nobody.

This will just lead to the already stacked servers becoming even more stacked.

Plot twist.
Bloated servers will be Bronze tier.

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

in WvW

Genev.2450

And i quote
and even if you don’t participate in WvW, you could be on the receiving end of some goodies if your server does well.

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

It will be interesting to see how this pans out. I can see lower servers having some population boosts to earn point and “screw over” higher population servers from points.

Not to mention – Devon already mentioned that there is going to be something coming that will help lower population servers with transfers so the will be interesting to see as well.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in WvW

Posted by: Slomo.1029

Slomo.1029

If i wouldn’t need 15 characters I would simply written:

lol

~ Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Grav.3568

Grav.3568

Tiers, RNG, leagues, it doesn’t matter. No match-up system will ever work for as long as the server populations remain as horribly imbalanced as they are now. Which they will, for as long as transfer costs don’t change.

in WvW

Posted by: Lutto.8745

Lutto.8745

How does one go for points without fighting the people defending the points? You’re not going to win by just bunkering in Hills 24/7.

Then you havent played against high ranked servers.. they nightcap and stay in your towers with upgrades and stupid amount of siege and avoid fights until they are 3-1.

And yes bunker keep and towers and you win.

Member of [SoZ] GM of mEIGHT [mEJT]
S1/S2 Legend Engineer @ Gandara EU.