Incoming: WvW Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Lutto.8745

Lutto.8745

This fixes nothing and its only going to make things worse.. no fights and everyone is going to tryhard for points.

WvW is about points. If you don’t like that don’t play WvW.

Sorry but that statement is just stupid.
Its mostly about points yes but its not all and it should abosolutely not be about points.

Member of [SoZ] GM of mEIGHT [mEJT]
S1/S2 Legend Engineer @ Gandara EU.

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

This fixes nothing and its only going to make things worse.. no fights and everyone is going to tryhard for points.

Its mostly about points yes but its not all and it should abosolutely not be about points.

WvW is about objectives, siege weapons and points. Deal with it.

If you only want “fights” and don’t care about objectives, siege weapons or points, then what you want isn’t WvW.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in WvW

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

It sounds about as exciting as WXP…

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

If you only want “fights” and don’t care about objectives, siege weapons or points, then what you want isn’t WvW.

Might as well just do away with player weapons then. Everyone just carries a supply bag.

Sounds fun.

WvW is about massive fights and points are just a mechanic to bring them about. Deal with it.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

(edited by Ragnar.4257)

in WvW

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

Just another quick cash grab, they know people will transfer to win for rewards..

This game is becoming more about how much money can go in ones pocket.

I miss the good old days when actual game developers (not market consultants) developed the game for the game and not money.

Looks like I will just PvE from now on..

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

in WvW

Posted by: Amelia Knox.9362

Amelia Knox.9362

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO need more info but no rewards for winning if you can’t still transfer

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Kimhyuna.1035

Kimhyuna.1035

This is terrible, anyone not at the top of their repective tiers are gonna get smashed. This is just another way to encourage server stacking and solves nothing. I can see the monetary gains for anet from this decision though.

Minion

in WvW

Posted by: playandchill.3908

playandchill.3908

THEY NEED TO REMOVE REALM XFER OR THIS IS PLAIN BULLkitten

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

in WvW

Lutto.8745

“World versus World (also known as WvW) is a Player versus Player game mode where players from three different servers, or worlds, battle in the Mists. It features open-world combat”

Not only about points and siege but you have a point, I want GVG but since anet replaced it for wvw and is never going to do gvg this is all I have.

Durr deal with it.

in WvW

Posted by: Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

So basically the point you’re making is that you should play a video-game not to have fun, but to win in the virtual scoring system, kinda like a job…It’s the same as saying that if you don’t want another Legendary you shouldn’t PvE.

[Scnd] Use Your Illusion

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

Doesn’t start till October.

Pray to the gods of development, that something is added to bolster lower ranked/popped servers.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Mif.3471

So basically the point you’re making is that you should play a video-game not to have fun, but to win in the virtual scoring system

Meanwhile you’re saying in a competitive league, we shouldn’t focus on winning, we should focus on “having fun”.

You might like the idea of little league “everyone gets a trophy” day, but I much prefer an actual competition where people put in effort and care about the outcome.

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

So basically the point you’re making is that you should play a video-game not to have fun, but to win in the virtual scoring system

Meanwhile you’re saying in a competitive league, we shouldn’t focus on winning, we should focus on “having fun”.

You might like the idea of little league “everyone gets a trophy” day, but I much prefer an actual competition where people put in effort and care about the outcome.

A competition that’s stacked before it even begins, and where individual contribution is meaningless?

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

in WvW

Mif.3471

Not only about points and siege but you have a point, I want GVG but since anet replaced it for wvw and is never going to do gvg this is all I have.

If you care about GvG and not WvW then your opinion on WvW is irrelevant.

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

I don’t understand this at all.

A 3-4 hour match between 3 teams of equal size would be fun with some major modifications to siege mechanics, upgrades, and sPvP gear. Try this and then make a league if it works.

This does not sound fun at all. It sounds like more mass transfer drama, server communities being wrecked, and anet generating revenue with gem buys from bandwagoners. Good kittening game.

in WvW

Lutto.8745

If you care about GvG and not WvW then your opinion on WvW is irrelevant.

Who said I dont care about wvw? I only said I wanted GVG.
But you can keep fighting for a boring game which only a low % of pop actually wants.

in WvW

Posted by: playandchill.3908

playandchill.3908

Plz Anet if you read this Devon, please confirm that players who xfer during the season wont get any reward.

You need to remove the big rewards for players who XFER in order to win OR we ll see massive bandwagon once again.

You cant make a league or whtver when players can wfer, even if they pay.

This is a total non sense.

xfer = no rewards.

Plz you can do this.

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

xfer = no rewards.

Plz you can do this.

Also make it more expensive to transfer to the servers who are winning/have recently won (as well as no reward for transfering mid season). Why does transfering still depend on PvE at this point anyway?

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Ugh. It’s confirmed. There’s no way this is going to end up “fun” for T8 matched up with T1.

So you basically get a reward on your server because you’re stacked. Unbelievable. It’s just…..mindboggling. Stacked servers will now get MORE stacked because they want the rewards.

Did anyone actually THINK about this change before doing it?

Try not to be negative all the time. Let’s wait until the details come out. There hasn’t been any news on how awards will be given or what happens if someone transfers in the middle of the league.

in WvW

Posted by: Morabi.4568

Morabi.4568

Please for the love of…Don’t make Gold league have the best rewards out of all the leagues…make it even…Last thing we need is MORE BLOB, MORE SHINNIES, LET’S BLOB TO GET THE SHINNIES. Suddenly all WvW is dead below gold league. I don’t think they would be that dumb. Guess we will have to wait and see.

Castiel
Sea of Sorrows – [EP]
It’s time to end this with Tempestoso.

in WvW

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Just wondering say if hypothetically Sea of Sorrows wins silver league and say Dragonbrand comes last in gold league would that mean SoS and Dragonbrand will swap for the next season?

For this to work the difference between t1-t2-t3 really needs to reduce, especially t1-t2 so maybe reduce the queue size like now to help people settle in.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Just wondering say if hypothetically Sea of Sorrows wins silver league and say Dragonbrand comes last in gold league would that mean SoS and Dragonbrand will swap for the next season?

For this to work the difference between t1-t2-t3 really needs to reduce, especially t1-t2 so maybe reduce the queue size like now to help people settle in.

I don’t think they are comparing the leagues against each other in terms of moving people up and down from one league to another. So, the bottom of silver league will be the exact same as the bottom of gold league and vice versa for the top. So the server at the top of gold league will get the same reward as the server at the top of silver league, because the league’s won’t be ranked against each other at all.

The leagues probably won’t be altered on the fly. They may be reorganized like once every 6 months.

in WvW

Kimhyuna.1035

Plz Anet if you read this Devon, please confirm that players who xfer during the season wont get any reward.

You need to remove the big rewards for players who XFER in order to win OR we ll see massive bandwagon once again.

You cant make a league or whtver when players can wfer, even if they pay.

This is a total non sense.

xfer = no rewards.

Plz you can do this.

Considering its a month away, whats to stop players from transferring now? Whats to stop guilds to start stacking on particular servers now?

Minion

in WvW

Le Rooster.8715

I don’t think they are comparing the leagues against each other in terms of moving people up and down from one league to another. So, the bottom of silver league will be the exact same as the bottom of gold league and vice versa for the top. So the server at the top of gold league will get the same reward as the server at the top of silver league, because the league’s won’t be ranked against each other at all.

The leagues probably won’t be altered on the fly. They may be reorganized like once every 6 months.

I’m sorry i didn’t quite understand. What you mean is that the gold league will be 6 random servers and silver league will be 6 random servers and it won’t be organzied via ranking?

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

Ugh ppl complain so much.

Have a little faith! Enjoy the kitten changes you all bark and beg for so much

Commander Nachonix

in WvW

Kimhyuna.1035

Ugh ppl complain so much.

Have a little faith! Enjoy the kitten changes you all bark and beg for so much

Faith is something I have for the PvE/Living World team, that has chugged out some incredible updates. Faith for the wvw/spvp team? Yea …. no, I dont think so. I will wait to see more, but really cant get as excited for this as I do for, say, something like SAB.

Minion

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

TON of transfers from PvErs that want to get rewards.

Article clearly states you have to actually play WvW to get the reward.

He said it would be 2×12, not 4×6.

“Europe will feature three leagues and North America will have four leagues, each league containing several worlds.”

This would be 4×6.

In before T1 servers are all magically “full” and all other servers are “very high” population.

T1 is already Full, and its close to impossible to transfer to the top three populations JQ, BG, and TC.

I could have sworn he said that NA would be two tiers of 12…. 4×6 doesn’t make a ton of sense since EU has more servers than we do.

In any case, it doesn’t change the fact that we would know the winners as soon as the matchups were announced.

in WvW

Posted by: vanzan.1250

vanzan.1250

Will the 7 week league just consist of 7 weekly matches just like it is now

OR

Multiple point type events such as

- random daily matches with special win bonus
- hold an objective for x hours special bonus
- kill the most dolly’s over a day events
- cap the most points over x period
- kill the most players over x period
- catch the leader specials where chasing servers get points multipliers by taking the leaders stuff

Please be this creative!!!

Please add more ideas guys?

(edited by vanzan.1250)

in WvW

Kimhyuna.1035

TON of transfers from PvErs that want to get rewards.

Article clearly states you have to actually play WvW to get the reward.

He said it would be 2×12, not 4×6.

“Europe will feature three leagues and North America will have four leagues, each league containing several worlds.”

This would be 4×6.

In before T1 servers are all magically “full” and all other servers are “very high” population.

T1 is already Full, and its close to impossible to transfer to the top three populations JQ, BG, and TC.

I could have sworn he said that NA would be two tiers of 12…. 4×6 doesn’t make a ton of sense since EU has more servers than we do.

In any case, it doesn’t change the fact that we would know the winners as soon as the matchups were announced.

The winners will be the server that gets the most transfers between now and the start of this league.

Minion

in WvW

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

Devon said in another thread that your rewards are based on the server you’re on when the season starts, so that should help stop people from bandwagoning mid season, hopefully.

in WvW

Posted by: Hamham.7504

Hamham.7504

I’m in a league of my own.

Its called the Platinum Awesome League.
You’re all welcome to join me, once you have solo’d Stonemist of course.

I don’t have the APM to get out of Bronze, my zergling rushes don’t seem to get me very far.

Zergling rushes still happen in SC2 right?

On topic, I’m not sure how I feel. My server only had it’s first win ever recently and it took a server losing most of it’s guilds to happen.

Just how banana am I.

in WvW

Kimhyuna.1035

Devon said in another thread that your rewards are based on the server you’re on when the season starts, so that should help stop people from bandwagoning mid season, hopefully.

In all honesty, NA will obviously be a 3 server battle (between BG, SoR and JQ) for the gold league or whatever, there is nothing to stop people from stacking now.

The more I think of it, the more intrigued I am as to how they can even this up, if at all.

Minion

in WvW

Le Rooster.8715

In all honesty, NA will obviously be a 3 server battle (between BG, SoR and JQ) for the gold league or whatever, there is nothing to stop people from stacking now.

The more I think of it, the more intrigued I am as to how they can even this up, if at all.

I suggest reducing map caps by 20-30%

in WvW

Posted by: Ciuffo.6384

Ciuffo.6384

nice, but now we have some weeks to choose the right server for day1 then transfer back to our server and let the original member of the server win the rewards for me.

I already have the gems ready :-P
Good move a.net

Ciuffo
GM and Commander of Leoni Bianchi [Lion]
Piken Square

(edited by Ciuffo.6384)

in WvW

Posted by: Konrad Curze.5130

Konrad Curze.5130

ANet’s WvW is about points. If you dont like that, you possibly are a former DAOC/WAR player who remembers when WvW wasnt an absolute crapfest designed by morons for morons

ftfym

in WvW

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

but for god’s sake, no rewards for the winning server.

No rewards? I thought having something to fight for was a problem with WvW… all of sudden it isn’t?

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in WvW

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

You know that people will bandwagon before the season starts anyway so it doesn’t mater. But this may end up messing with the Server more than helping it because, if the wrong people are in WvW during primetime and the people/commanders that actually get stuff done can’t get in, then the server just ends up losing.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I really hope that material rewards are based on participating rather than winning. If the end of the season does not reward any items/gold/etc, then I can’t see much of a motive for bandwagoning. tPvP back-ends its rewards, hotjoin doesn’t, for a reason, and WvW is far more analogous to hotjoin than tPvP.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: ViRuE.3612

ViRuE.3612

Can we get someone at Arena Net who has a clue about what WvWvW should be about please. Is that really too much to ask? A couple of devs who realize there is enough PvE in the game and start putting the focus on where the FUN is in WvWvW (and in case you don’t know the fun isn’t karma training around in a massive blob, seriously you can do that crap anywhere in PvE).

What is the point of the leagues, we already know that 24/7 coverage wins games and 24/7 coverage will win the season. You announce this now and it will just be a scramble to transfer to other servers and I fear some some of the better guilds on lower tier servers moving up and destroying good communities

It all just smacks of desperation to appear to be doing “something” for WvWvW, I guess you probably only need to borrow a living world dev for an afternoon to code it up. Maybe not even that seeing as you can already control the matchups and just need someone to write the results down on the back of an envelope each week.

Not sure if that was a PR given to that site but “huge rewards”? What, we all getting a precursor? “WvWvW rewards” is an oxymoron and has been for some time. But way to go, you manage to reward the PvE players without even needing to play WvWvW (as usual).

This game is ALL about PvE. PVP is on life support, WvWvW has been hobbling on crutches for months begging for some medical attention and this latest announcement should see it admitted to intensive care, stat.

You want ascended trinkets – PvE (faster, and hey you can use your achievment points badges to get them cheaper if you just WP to WvWvW and leave). You want gold – PvE. You want achievement points – PvE. Skins – PvE. Crafting mats – PvE. Karma – PvE. Want a legendary? PvE, you get enough badges from your achievement chests now anyway. New content? PvE. Dev resources and devs that understand your part of the game? PvE.

Promises, promises, and more promises. New stuff is always on the radar but it is ALWAYS bread today and jam tomorrow.

The players that still WvWvW despite all of this, who enjoy the elements of WvWvW you haven’t dumbed down or ruined deserve more. Much more.

(edited by ViRuE.3612)

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Excitedly waiting for further specifics.
I think this is a massive step in the right direction.

Also I hate to bring it up again, but WvW being made semi-competitive, this makes it somewhat more important that ever to give GvGers a separate game mode so that we don’t get bad blood for them taking up map slots.

I really hope that material rewards are based on participating rather than winning. If the end of the season does not reward any items/gold/etc, then I can’t see much of a motive for bandwagoning. tPvP back-ends its rewards, hotjoin doesn’t, for a reason, and WvW is far more analogous to hotjoin than tPvP.

It sounded like the reward is something that only PvPers would want like finishers and likely WXP/badges anyway. In fact, even if it turns out to be regular loot, I would prefer if the whole server receives a slice of the pie too. Less than an active player, but still a little acknowledgment. It’s the ideal promotion to get people to join WvW, to make them notice it’s even there, since the crafting/gathering/etc. bonuses evidently don’t.

Can we get someone at Arena Net who has a clue about what WvWvW should be about please. […]

How about you tone it down a bit?

(edited by Jamais vu.5284)

in WvW

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

I really.. REALLY hope Anet is at least on the ball to know that the different leagues should get ALL the same rewards.

If you place first in the 4th tier league you get the same rewards then if you placed first in the 1st tier league.

Please please please dont tell me they are out of touch by THAT much. Devon… give us some reassurance here, or we will take your silence to mean those in the gold tier will be getting more rewards… and stacking will get even worse then it is. Give us on the lower tiers at least SOME hope that yous till care for us.

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

in WvW

Posted by: Blanche Neige.7241

Blanche Neige.7241

The idea here is to look at recent WvW ratings and match up worlds in similar levels,

Problem is there is little similarity in levels between servers.

Each league will end up like this :

1 or 2 servers that will always finish at the top
1 or 2 servers that will always finish at the bottom
and the rest that will always finish between those two extremes.

As long as there will be no mechanisms to even up the strengths between servers, this idea of creating leagues will not works.

I’m wondering if the Anet peoples in charge of WvW are even taking a look at how that part of the game is going on, sometimes….

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

The idea here is to look at recent WvW ratings and match up worlds in similar levels,

Problem is there is little similarity in levels between servers.

Each league will end up like this :

1 or 2 servers that will always finish at the top
1 or 2 servers that will always finish at the bottom
and the rest that will always finish between those two extremes.

As long as there will be no mechanisms to even up the strengths between servers, this idea of creating leagues will not works.

I’m wondering if the Anet peoples in charge of WvW are even taking a look at how that part of the game is going on, sometimes….

This assumes that the server populations will be stagnant. Hopefully there’ll be some kind of incentive for guilds to move around between servers, both in and out of the league. It might sound kind of weird, but I think that GvG will probably be the best way to actually encourage people to bounce around season to season, assuming there aren’t more changes in the pipe to GvG.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

where do i get info about this league?

I took an arrow to the knee

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Yay! That sure is interesting. New WvW maps to go with that please!

in WvW

Posted by: renmei.3102

renmei.3102

I’m kind of nervous about this, I don’t know about other tiers, but I know a lot of the “off hours” time zones stack on tier 1 looking for fights. If guilds like ATM, WM or NYS end up in a matchup where there are no one on SEA or OC to fight.. they’re going to either have to start splitting up and transferring servers (not sure how likely), or they are going to just quit GW2 out of boredom.

in WvW

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

I don’t get the thought process at all. “WvW match ups are terrible, ppt means nothing and we’ve done nothing to fix it yet, so why don’t we tie some exclusive rewards to it!”

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

(edited by rfdarko.4639)

in WvW

Posted by: Erastmus.3785

Erastmus.3785

I’m not one to cry wolf before I’ve actually met it… But I still remember the catastrophe which was the free server transfers and its influx on wvw that basically screwed up not only our server but others as well. With the imminent thing I expect this is going to happen again, with hours upon hours of long queues, guilds that will get fragmented and that won’t be able to raid due to it … I have no idea how you plan or think things through for the future of wvw and where it’s going but lately it’s gone the completely wrong turns.

Since you’re now stepping it up a notch and are going to give out rewards in a league form, I take it that you’ve solved all the bugs that’s been plaguing wvw for months now like Keeps that can be glitched into, a system that allows for reporting of hackers, watchdog system for hack programs, that kind of stuff. But as developers, you should know not to build story upon story on a house with a poor and cracked foundation right? So I wouldn’t need to tell you that.

Or are you “still discussing” it? If so then discuss it with your players. They apparently know more of your game than you do. At least it’s them that keeps it alive.

Prissie – floppy-eared Asura elementalist
Crtitical Emergence [CE] – Gunnar’s Hold
My elementalist videos… http://www.youtube.com/user/erastmus/videos

(edited by Erastmus.3785)

in WvW

Posted by: Vi Au.8341

Vi Au.8341

Most servers atm are fairly stable in ranking unless they have some sort of drama occurring.
So I think if they reward each server base on how much rating point they gained or loss.
Of course that only encourages more arrow cart siege but, as much as i hate it, it is what wvw is all about.

If some low server gain 50 rating points while a higher server loses 20, the lower server should be awarded a greater reward than it’s opponents

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

However, there will be smaller rewards doled out along the way, and even if you don’t participate in WvW, you could be on the receiving end of some goodies if your server does well.

Anet, WHY would you add something as stupid as this??? This is just another reason for PVE carebears to populate winning servers and do absolutely nothing for it.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux