Injustice in Season 1

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: AdrianoAz.7985

AdrianoAz.7985

It is unfair complete all of the achievements of the Season 1 and not win any bag/chest to open with the key we received because our server was not in the top 3.

I propose:

1) Give 4 chests for the 1st place instead of 3
2) Give 3 chests for the 2nd instead of 2
3) Give 2 chests for the 3rd instead of 1
4) Give 1 chest to the other servers, by participating and not be in the Top 3.

Who supports this idea?

Leader of the Brazilian Guild [AcA]
Principe Adriano and Rei Adriano
Server: Borlis Pass

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

No. 1st place should get nothing. The honour of coming top is reward enough.

The best rewards should go to the bottom teams, to boost them!

Also:
Reward-hungry people would transfer to low servers who need people, leaving the top ranking servers and freeing up the queue.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Have the WvW rewards ever been detailed?

I thought everybody was going to get the same stuff, including the mini dolyak, but the winners would get a special finisher.

Makes no sense to give the people who roughed it out on the losing servers nothing, unless the want future mass migrations and destroyed communities. Anet does make some money on transfers but the communities are why players stick with year old and older MMOs.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

There shouldn’t be rewards. This is coverage wars. Rewarding a server because they have a higher WvW population is nonsensical in the extreme.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

I like these ideas, borrowed from the other threads.

1. Give winning server players 1 free transfer, usable until the start of the next season and.

2. Give the server the prize pool, and give each player with a key a share of the pool, So for example. BG: 1000G, split among 10k players, Mag, 850g, split among 300 players. (Totally made up numbers)

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

It’s my understanding that everyone is going to get some sort of consolation prize. Hopefully it’s a ballot we can cast to vote if there will be a season two.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Garrisyl.7402

Garrisyl.7402

Hopefully it’s a ballot we can cast to vote if there will be a season two.

They will rig it to make it seem like people actually enjoyed season 1.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

“The best rewards should go to the bottom teams, to boost them!”

This sounds like my nephews Tee ball games where they don’t keep score because everyone is a winner… rofl

“2. Give the server the prize pool, and give each player with a key a share of the pool, So for example. BG: 1000G, split among 10k players, Mag, 850g, split among 300 players. (Totally made up numbers)”’

What is with “reward the bottom servers?”

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

This sounds like my nephews Tee ball games where they don’t keep score because everyone is a winner… rofl

“2. Give the server the prize pool, and give each player with a key a share of the pool, So for example. BG: 1000G, split among 10k players, Mag, 850g, split among 300 players. (Totally made up numbers)”’

Because every person knows that the “winners” are winners only because of coverage and to reward them would only encourage people stack even more to those servers.

Presumably your nephew’s T-ball games involve teams of equal size, in which case (IMO) they should be keeping score.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

In the tee ball league, can all the kids just sign up with the team that won last week and then show up to an empty field, wait 2 hours, then collect their prize?

No? Then I don’t think you appreciate how kittened up this situation is.

Right now the game rewards people for switching to winning teams. Giving incentives for people being on a bottom team helps spread the population around and only fixes the unbalance.

Gate of Madness

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

life isn’t fair. is it fair that I was born this way?

OP’d thief, lol

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Tyops.5894

Tyops.5894

That’s the kind of logical equivocation I would expect from an angsty 14 year old.

The long and short of this argument is that the outcomes for most of the leagues was already known well before the end.

Servers at the bottom of their tiers, especially silver league, were doomed to 7 weeks of getting steamrolled by everyone above them (bottom of bronze have essentially no WvW anyway, and bottom of gold can at least muster up decent populations).

So yes… roughly 1/3 of the servers was awarded 7 weeks of horrible unwinnable WvW matchups. Everyone knew this would happen, locking them in for the worst rewards is just the worst.

ANet should apologize for locking those servers into 7 weeks of suck.

NSP Why bother?….

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

So tired of this WoW reward mentality.

It’s virtual pixels in a game.

If this is absolutely THE most important thing to you, you had ample time to transfer. They even had a sale on transfers the week before leagues started. You had all the information you needed to make the right choice for you — be it community or prize (sometimes both). There are also three leagues with winners, not just T1.

From Sept. 1:

I can’t comment at this time as we haven’t finalized anything. In addition, you should look at it this way, if people flee lower league servers to get into the top leagues, it opens the opportunity for people to move to those lower leagues and finish 1st or 2nd, rather than being in the top league and finishing 6th or 7th. The rewards for finishing 2nd in the Bronze League will be markedly better than the rewards for finishing 6th in the Gold league.

This feels like people want that little league thing, where every kid gets a medal for showing up. Lol, drives me nuts, because it smacks of entitlement.

Fact is, everyone DOES get the same prize for completing the WvW achievement meta — the mini dolyak. Other prizes are dependant on your servers final ranking.

I understand there’s frustration about server stacking, but that was going on way before the leagues ever started — and the fact that there are now three different league winners instead if T1 or Bust will likely result in migration out of T1 once people see there are rewards worth fighting for into season two.

In the tee ball league, can all the kids just sign up with the team that won last week and then show up to an empty field, wait 2 hours, then collect their prize? 

No? Then I don’t think you appreciate how kittened up this situation is.

Right now the game rewards people for switching to winning teams..

Except it doesn’t. JQ was predicted to sweep the leagues and hasn’t. And you are locked to the server you logged into WvW when the leagues began. So people can transfer all they like to whatever winning server, their reward is locked to their original server.

Also from Sept. 1:

At no point did I, or would I have, said “Fair competition” WvW is not intended to be “fair”. There are servers with more people, there are servers with better organizations and that will always be the case. This competition will be about showing how your world can do over a defined period of time, against a variety of opponents. SPvP is the part of our game that aims for a completely level playing field. WvW would never be able to match that goal.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

(edited by Jayne.9251)

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

That’s the kind of logical equivocation I would expect from an angsty 14 year old.

The long and short of this argument is that the outcomes for most of the leagues was already known well before the end.

Servers at the bottom of their tiers, especially silver league, were doomed to 7 weeks of getting steamrolled by everyone above them (bottom of bronze have essentially no WvW anyway, and bottom of gold can at least muster up decent populations).

So yes… roughly 1/3 of the servers was awarded 7 weeks of horrible unwinnable WvW matchups. Everyone knew this would happen, locking them in for the worst rewards is just the worst.

ANet should apologize for locking those servers into 7 weeks of suck.

I am sorry you are struggling with the concept. Keep working on it though.

OP’d thief, lol

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

you had ample time to transfer.

Maybe people like being on the server they are on. Maybe they have friends on their server and enjoy wvw. MAYBE they don’t want to leave their community behind just so they can enjoy their favorite game mode. Or maybe they can’t afford to transfer…

You know what drives me nuts? Conservative kittenbags that can’t feel good about winning unless there are losers they can take a dump on.

And the migration will happen, you are right. The top 3 servers of Silver and Bronze will receive MORE people right before season 2 starts. Yes that just solves all our problems doesn’kitten

All leagues have done is make it so rather then 3 winning servers receiving all the transfers, there will be 9.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Jayne.9251

you had ample time to transfer.

Maybe people like being on the server they are on. Maybe they have friends on their server and enjoy wvw. MAYBE they don’t want to leave their community behind just so they can enjoy their favorite game mode. Or maybe they can’t afford to transfer…

You know what drives me nuts? Conservative kittenbags that can’t feel good about winning unless there are losers they can take a dump on.

And the migration will happen, you are right. The top 3 servers of Silver and Bronze will receive MORE people right before season 2 starts. Yes that just solves all our problems doesn’kitten

All leagues have done is make it so rather then 3 winning servers receiving all the transfers, there will be 9.

If the prize was the most important thing to you, then yes, you had ample time to transfer (almost two full months, plenty of time to farm gold, or heck, medium population transfers were free). If the community was more important, like it was for me (my server had no chance of winning the leagues) then you had the choice to stay.

I’m still going to congratulate the winners and understand the importance of a significant reward to the winners to ensure season two has people out there fighting.

Whereas before T1 was gobbling up every guild it could get and leaving 21 other servers barren, seems like at least movement from the T1 monolith.

(edited by Jayne.9251)

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

WvW has had people out there fighting long before leagues and seasons and rewards. I would prefer it if there were no rewards at all. Secondly, people shouldn’t have to choose between wvw or community. The way things were in the beginning suited me just fine. I did not mind fighting the same couple servers every week. There’s no real difference fighting one server or the other the tactics are the same. The only difference is coverage.

My opinion is they should go back to that, and stop transfers completely. No more random matches, no more transfer stacking. Bring tiers back, but this time modify the ranking system to be more rigid. No more X.5 tier servers that float between tiers every couple matches. For number 3 in a higher tier to swap places with number 1 in the lower, both servers must have a point disparity greater then 25% for 3 consecutive match ups. The number 3 must be losing with greater then 25% disparity AND the winning server must be winning with greater then 25% disparity. That would be enough evidence to suggest that 3 is too weak and 1 too strong for their tiers.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Yeah I’m not a fan of the RNG matches, but I did enjoy the leagues.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

Sports have a set number of players on the field per team to make it a fair and competitive environment where the team with the better players win.

WvW looks like this:

Stacking on the most over populated server in your tier doesn’t deserve rewards; it deserves ridicule.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

KOPPER.1458

Poor analogy on my part. In T1 there are a set number of players most of the time. que’s are always full. I am not saying there isn’t an issue with transfers and stacked servers etc. But I do not see why the lower servers should get rewarded for being as such. You want to take rewards after from transfers then I can understand and it does suck that some servers got ravaged by this. But it’s been happening long before there was a season as well. That just made it worse.

“Because every person knows that the “winners” are winners only because of coverage "

While there is certainly truth to this, it’s not the only reason.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

I like these ideas, borrowed from the other threads.

1. Give winning server players 1 free transfer, usable until the start of the next season and.

2. Give the server the prize pool, and give each player with a key a share of the pool, So for example. BG: 1000G, split among 10k players, Mag, 850g, split among 300 players. (Totally made up numbers)

I like these ideas.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Causic.3798

Causic.3798

I don’t think it matters too much,
I’m sure every tier will just get an exotic with worse tiers getting yellows and greens.
The only decent thing will probably be the dolyak finisher, which I don’t care for.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

1st place deserves:
1) Free transfer from Europe back to American region.
2) Ban for scouting others servers and read theirs chat.

Developers deserve special thanks from Piken players for matching us against Vizunah 3 times.

English is not my native language, sorry :<

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Dejara.7064

Dejara.7064

<snip> I am not saying there isn’t an issue with transfers and stacked servers etc. But I do not see why the lower servers should get rewarded for being as such. You want to take rewards after from transfers then I can understand and it does suck that some servers got ravaged by this. But it’s been happening long before there was a season as well. That just made it worse.

“Because every person knows that the “winners” are winners only because of coverage "

While there is certainly truth to this, it’s not the only reason.

TL;DR The current server meta is boring, and threatens the overall viability of WvW

A lot of people aren’t really communicating well about this. Don’t think that it’s about fairness. A better approach is to think about it in terms of interestingness.

The current situation has parallels to the pre-Draft NFL. Some teams then were doing very well because they were in bigger markets and could afford better player and coaching talent. Many other teams were unable to compete and since it’s hard to attract lots of customers to watch a team that has no chance of winning at all, those teams were in danger of bankruptcy. This made for a boring and unbalanced league that was in danger of collapsing where no one would make money….so, in the interests of keeping the league viable the team owners voluntarily accepted the Draft where the poorest performing teams had first choice of the new players. There was still a gap between top and bottom but it was much narrower and could change from year to year. The games became more interesting to watch (and play in). The occasional blowout can be fun, but not an entire season’s worth. The NFL was started down the path to the immense profitability it enjoys today.

In WvW we have a similar situation where servers that are winning attract players that want to win and thus the server stacks and wins even more. This threatens the WvW league as a whole as many WvW players and potential players will keep away, particularly on the inferior servers. Games become mostly lopsided, boring and no real test of skill. If enough players stay away, Anet would have to consider limiting resources spent on it or lose money on it. If you are happy about that situation, then fine. But many players aren’t happy. To change this you need to have some reason for players and leaders to switch to non-top servers and servers with coverage gaps. Most obvious way of doing that is spreading loot in such a way that it encourages players to move to reinforce servers with inferior performance. I’m not convinced that this is the best way, but it would at least be fairly easy to do. There are other ways of doing it, including the (I think) ineffectual approach Anet is taking of relying on queue wait time boredom to convince the players to move (which Edge of the Mists will eliminate).

All is Vain

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Stylo.6259

Stylo.6259

People play this game for rewards? I play it to have fun.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Dejara.7064

Dejara.7064

People play this game for rewards? I play it to have fun.

Everybody plays it for fun. People disagree on what fun is though. Some people’s fun is rewards…other to explore, and still others to stab people in the back. And unless you can afford to dump a lot of RL cash on gems, people need rewards so they can fund other things. ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartle_Test for an overview on one of the motivation classification schemes)

All is Vain

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

Sorry I do NOT support this idea. I do not believe in awarding people for nothing more than participation. And this is coming from someone on a server that’s likely going to be 4th place.

BG

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

WvW Season Reward Chests are awarded at the end of a WvW season to all players who achieved the meta-achievement for the season. <quoted from the wiki.

so it’s 1 chest for everyone who completed the achievement line, I think the “winners” will get some other chest filled with green and blues and maybe a yellow with a title and a finisher and it will say “rank xxx reward chest” just like the chests we now get after the reset for your servers performance.

give whoever their reward, let it end finally.

and end it good, drop a Tequatl in every map with no leash and watch everything go BOOM.

Sincerly, Me.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Sreoom.3690

Sreoom.3690

I say we emulate the worst in America’s youth sports…EVERYONE gets treated the same no matter where they end of in the standings…we all get trophies!

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Jayne.9251

and end it good, drop a Tequatl in every map with no leash and watch everything go BOOM.

I’d pay good money to see a massively gigantic rampaging dolyak just run across the map and decimate everyone in its path.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

Hopefully it’s a ballot we can cast to vote if there will be a season two.

They will rig it to make it seem like people actually enjoyed season 1.

They wouldn’t need to. The carebears who grinded out the achievements in under 10 hours and then left (who don’t care about any of the issues because they didn’t affect them) vastly outnumber those of us who had to stop actually playing for 3 hours to farm ruins and do jumping puzzles, or got stuck with queues (caused by the aforementioned carebears farming achievements) for so long that we had to shell out money to transfer to be able to enjoy the game with our guilds.

Only way they would need to rig it is if they didn’t have something shiny for pve people in the reward chests.

(edited by Terra Dactyl.2047)

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Kaon.7192

Kaon.7192

I really like this idea too, although I think it should be extended to the top 3 servers of each tier. It can really shake things up so that the next season’s matchups can actually begin in an interesting and unpredictable state.

ANet are you taking notes?

(edited by Kaon.7192)

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Space.8053

Space.8053

I hope they make the rewards for coming bottom of Gold / Silver better than coming top of Silver / Bronze

Fat Rob
[TCHU]
Gandara

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

I hope they make the rewards for coming bottom of Gold / Silver better than coming top of Silver / Bronze

The explicitly stated that that would not be the case.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

The seasons were setup wrong, those servers that come first didn’t really have to work for it all that much. Gold had BG who from what I understand only really had to worry about JQ and I’m not even sure if JQ was an issue for them. Silver had FA who only really had to worry about SBI which again I don’t think was to much of an issue for them. Bronze Had HoD and I could be wrong but I don’t think they really had any competition ?

The League could been setup alot better than it was, Your always going to have a problem with the top 3 servers depending on who stacks the most but the other 21 servers could have definately been setup better than they were.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Plains of Ashes.5941

Plains of Ashes.5941

this only reenforces the pressure to stack the top ranked servers, who in their right mind would want this?!

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: TexUmbra.3615

TexUmbra.3615

The seasons were setup wrong, those servers that come first didn’t really have to work for it all that much. Gold had BG who from what I understand only really had to worry about JQ and I’m not even sure if JQ was an issue for them.

There’s a lot of us on BG that would disagree with that first part. A lot of us put in significant hours every day/night to secure the win. You could argue that if we hadn’t there might have been someone else in queue to take our spot but that doesn’t take away from the effort we put in. And as for BG having nothing to worry about, please go back and check the forums the week prior to season start. You’ll find most posts assumed JQ had it in the bag, with SOR being a likely second.

….The current situation has parallels to the pre-Draft NFL. ….

Most obvious way of doing that is spreading loot in such a way that it encourages players to move to reinforce servers with inferior performance. I’m not convinced that this is the best way, but it would at least be fairly easy to do. There are other ways of doing it, including the (I think) ineffectual approach Anet is taking of relying on queue wait time boredom to convince the players to move (which Edge of the Mists will eliminate).

You bring up a valid point. However, unlike the NFL, players are free to switch teams at anytime, even mid-season. If there was a draft where servers picked guilds or players and they were locked into that server, it would work. But at the end of the day, some will value winning over all else. They would rather sit in queue for hours and “win” than play the game they paid for. I don’t agree that rewarding “inferior performance” is the right way to go. Rewarding a team for losing just goes against the concept of competition. You may balance some servers a bit but I think you’d lose a lot of folks from WvW in general.

All that aside, I think most of, if not all, of the WvW leadership on BG want better balance. Despite what you may read here, as a community we don’t like lopsided match ups either. The BG war council have asked guilds looking to join BG to consider other servers. We are looking to rebalance at the end of seasons. How successful that will be remains to be seen.

- Tex
Bad Luck’s Coming [JINX]

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Gold league winners = 100 laurels 100gold and 1000 gems + special permanant finisher
silver league winners = 50 laurels 50gold and 500 gems + speacial finisher
bronze league winners 30 laurels 30gold and 300 gems + special finisher

thats the rumour going around atm

[WM]give us in game ladder

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

I believe that everyone gets a chest to open for completing the meta achievement in season 1. So long as you get the key, you get a reward.

Top 3 per tier get ‘temporary’ (I believe) – finishers.

Ascended mats were mentioned as part of the prize at release somewhere. Do you have any proof that 4-6 get nothing for there efforts, or are you simply stressing?

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

The seasons were setup wrong, those servers that come first didn’t really have to work for it all that much. Gold had BG who from what I understand only really had to worry about JQ and I’m not even sure if JQ was an issue for them.

There’s a lot of us on BG that would disagree with that first part. A lot of us put in significant hours every day/night to secure the win. You could argue that if we hadn’t there might have been someone else in queue to take our spot but that doesn’t take away from the effort we put in. And as for BG having nothing to worry about, please go back and check the forums the week prior to season start. You’ll find most posts assumed JQ had it in the bag, with SOR being a likely second.

….The current situation has parallels to the pre-Draft NFL. ….

Most obvious way of doing that is spreading loot in such a way that it encourages players to move to reinforce servers with inferior performance. I’m not convinced that this is the best way, but it would at least be fairly easy to do. There are other ways of doing it, including the (I think) ineffectual approach Anet is taking of relying on queue wait time boredom to convince the players to move (which Edge of the Mists will eliminate).

You bring up a valid point. However, unlike the NFL, players are free to switch teams at anytime, even mid-season. If there was a draft where servers picked guilds or players and they were locked into that server, it would work. But at the end of the day, some will value winning over all else. They would rather sit in queue for hours and “win” than play the game they paid for. I don’t agree that rewarding “inferior performance” is the right way to go. Rewarding a team for losing just goes against the concept of competition. You may balance some servers a bit but I think you’d lose a lot of folks from WvW in general.

All that aside, I think most of, if not all, of the WvW leadership on BG want better balance. Despite what you may read here, as a community we don’t like lopsided match ups either. The BG war council have asked guilds looking to join BG to consider other servers. We are looking to rebalance at the end of seasons. How successful that will be remains to be seen.

I may have worded it wrong, I’m not suggesting you didn’t put in time/effort, I’m trying to say you only really had 1 server to worry about. I don’t play on BG so I’m not sure how much effort was needed to beat JQ, but the other servers SoR included didn’t pose much of a threat. It wasn’t meant as an insult, I was trying to point out how the schedule didn’t really match servers against servers that would equate to more even matches. SoS, Mag, FA, SBI, TC, YB would have been a better league setup then splitting the 6 into 2 different leagues.

Edit: As for reading the forums before Leagues, what does that have to do with how the Leagues actually played out ? The fact is BG had 1 server to worry about which was JQ, all the posts in the world will not change this. As I said it wasn’t meant as an insult, its the simple truth.

(edited by Nuzt.7894)

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

No kind of special reward is ever going to fix this mess. There should simply be no reward.

Reward the winning server with the best reward and you just motivate stacking to one server. Destroying the gamemode.
Reward the losers, and you get servers trying their best to lose. Rewarding negative behavior such as trolling WvW.
Give everyone the same reward seems the fairest. But just consider that it was still much harder for some servers to get the key on. And plenty of people who were no help whatsoever to WvW leeched their way to a key.

And before this is even touched upon. Introduce individual reward? And you will just get people to farm whatever gives the most “score” towards getting a high as possible reward. For example, keep flipping.

WvW was trucking along just fine without needing rewards. And frankly, i suspect these amazing rewards people are clawing so desperately for will be a giant disapointment like all WvW rewards are.

If arenanet wants to incentivize people to do WvW all they need is achievements and some reasonable reward system, aswell as some cool unique WvW skins.
Perhaps even throw in a weekly-achievement, similar to daily, only it resets every matchup and awards more AP, coin, karma, luck to be in line with demanding more from the player.

And you will get plenty of people going into WvW, without feeling urged and rushed.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

I wish the rewards for number 1 servers are extremely good and if you aren’t in the top three, they are pretty bad (like a bag of spikes). That way, when the next season rolls in, every bandwagonners will be nicely stacked on the same servers.

But knowing this forum, the uproars this will cause will be too much for such a thing to happen.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

I wish the rewards for number 1 servers are extremely good and if you aren’t in the top three, they are pretty bad (like a bag of spikes). That way, when the next season rolls in, every bandwagonners will be nicely stacked on the same server.

Fixed. Didn’t need that to be plural. Good thing Anet doesn’t have the genie working for them or he may grant that silly wish.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

No kind of special reward is ever going to fix this mess. There should simply be no reward.

Reward the winning server with the best reward and you just motivate stacking to one server. Destroying the gamemode.
Reward the losers, and you get servers trying their best to lose. Rewarding negative behavior such as trolling WvW.
Give everyone the same reward seems the fairest. But just consider that it was still much harder for some servers to get the key on. And plenty of people who were no help whatsoever to WvW leeched their way to a key.

And before this is even touched upon. Introduce individual reward? And you will just get people to farm whatever gives the most “score” towards getting a high as possible reward. For example, keep flipping.

WvW was trucking along just fine without needing rewards. And frankly, i suspect these amazing rewards people are clawing so desperately for will be a giant disapointment like all WvW rewards are.

If arenanet wants to incentivize people to do WvW all they need is achievements and some reasonable reward system, aswell as some cool unique WvW skins.
Perhaps even throw in a weekly-achievement, similar to daily, only it resets every matchup and awards more AP, coin, karma, luck to be in line with demanding more from the player.

And you will get plenty of people going into WvW, without feeling urged and rushed.

The only solution is to make it like WvW rank up chests. Give everyone 2 greens, 10 badges, and 15-20 silver, and:

1. The carebears won’t clog the queues in season 2, because that’s like…. 20 seconds of pve.
2. No one has any extra incentive to stack servers.
3. No one has any incentive to lose.

Everyone loses!

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

I wish the rewards for number 1 servers are extremely good and if you aren’t in the top three, they are pretty bad (like a bag of spikes). That way, when the next season rolls in, every bandwagonners will be nicely stacked on the same server.

Fixed. Didn’t need that to be plural. Good thing Anet doesn’t have the genie working for them or he may grant that silly wish.

Hahahaha nah, some bandwaggonners don’t want to fully assume themselves, so instead of stacking on n°1 Gold, they are going to stack on n°1 Silver :p

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Grim Jr.8946

Grim Jr.8946

No. 1st place should get nothing. The honour of coming top is reward enough.

The best rewards should go to the bottom teams, to boost them!

Also:
Reward-hungry people would transfer to low servers who need people, leaving the top ranking servers and freeing up the queue.

This is the most stupid suggestion I have seen thus far…

If they do this then you can expect no one will WvW anymore because they will get rewarded for not doing anything at all

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Well, the deal in sports is that each side has the same number of players on the field at any one time. I have to hand it to some servers for being able to field as many with coverage all day and all night, but that is hardly competition on a level field.

In an ideal World, the number of points you get would be tied to population. Base it on the number in each map. If you 2x the enemy, you may still get more points but not easily. The enemy would just need to ninja a few items to get just as many.
That would be fun for both sides.

The current idea that it is fair to view who is better without consideration of the total number of people one side fields is silly.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

KOPPER.1458

Until SoR stopped trying we did indeed have to consider them.

Every week when all three top servers face each other there is consideration given to the other 2 (talking about before the season)

There are work and hours put in on BG/JQ/SoR nearly every week.

I am not sure how you are going to make and or entice players to leave these servers. Some might because of boredom or because they want to shake things up, but there are more guilds and players to fill those holes.

For the record the reward and chests we get aren’t going to be that great. Just my opinion. The finisher is the real reward.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Posted by: samsa.1253

samsa.1253

Servers that have had people transferring to preform things like building all kinds of siege, waisting supply, to give their server and advantage should be van from any kind of reward since they didn’t play by the rules.

Injustice in Season 1

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

Servers that have had people transferring to preform things like building all kinds of siege, waisting supply, to give their server and advantage should be van from any kind of reward since they didn’t play by the rules.

This makes perfect sense, punish an entire server for the actions of a few. This is a very well thought out suggestion ……