It's time to Address Bannering the Keep Lord

in WvW

Posted by: Furyos.9538

Furyos.9538

I’ve been playing this game for a long time. Very long. Longer than probably most anyone here. There isn’t really any reason I post on this forum except when its an important change that’s needed.

A banner rez on the keep lord is fine. I like that we can banner rez keep lords, but the cap circle should not reset. It’s a stupid game mechanic that makes keep sieges less realistic. There shouldn’t be a different warrior jumping in every 25 seconds to save a keep. I’m happy if its changed so the keep lord comes back with a buff, more hp, even 15 seconds of invulnerability to help the defense, but the cap circle should not reset to full.

It doesn’t make logical sense and it also makes the game less fun for all. Defense turns into … run in banner, run out…. and offense turns into PvE and disrupticon.

Thoughts?

in WvW

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Devs already answered, they won’t change this soon. They like the strategy involved with it and to be honest i can agree with it. Otherwise it’s a little to easy for the attacking force. Then again, maybe it should be more clear where the champ is, especially when he goes upstairs in garrison it can become a mess.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Working as intended, next topic!

in WvW

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Lol …. what server is this where people actually rush to defend stuff?

…you don’t get any T7’s for that…

in WvW

Posted by: Ghoulina.2976

Ghoulina.2976

You can still manually res them. I understand it’s supposed to be for DD, but I think there are a lot of other things that should be addressed first.. you know, like glitching through walls, or the fact invis breaks the Z axis.

/shrug

Mîs: Careful what you say. The moderators are watching, and ignorance is strength.
JQ-80: Mes/Eng/Ele/Thief/Guard/Rang/Nec/War

in WvW

Posted by: RazGerb.6173

RazGerb.6173

This match-up is so fun……….. Not really.

Attachments:

Legendary RazGerb|Razris|Razgrox|Razxerius|Razalos
RazGerb The Machine/Tempest/Inferno
~The Best Rager Ranger NA~

in WvW

Posted by: Aneu.1748

Aneu.1748

Devs already answered, they won’t change this soon. They like the strategy involved with it and to be honest i can agree with it. Otherwise it’s a little to easy for the attacking force. Then again, maybe it should be more clear where the champ is, especially when he goes upstairs in garrison it can become a mess.

Lol, strategy, sure- keep telling yourself that

Aneu | [VoTF]
http://www.votf.net

in WvW

Posted by: Xabu.3754

Xabu.3754

Uh, he didn’t tell himself that. A developer did.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Banner-lord-Question/first#post2641387

Sent with love from the lush Maguuma jungle.

in WvW

Posted by: Aneu.1748

Aneu.1748

Uh, he didn’t tell himself that. A developer did.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Banner-lord-Question/first#post2641387

We all know Devon absolutely knows what he is doing, right?

Aneu | [VoTF]
http://www.votf.net

in WvW

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Why do people only ever point to banner for a rez skill? Do you people not know classes exist besides warriors?

in WvW

Posted by: Warthog.6870

Warthog.6870

This match-up is so fun……….. Not really.

Wrong thread – you’re looking for the one with “Maguuma” and two others in its title – have you tried the Match-Ups?

Mag [DERP] [Goon]

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

they should fix bug that makes lord walk out of keep and stay outside…

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I think bannering the keep lord is GOOD TACTICS, don’t see a problem…

WvW is partly about strategy, tactics and logistics that’s what makes it the ‘grown up’ part of GW2…

in WvW

Posted by: Space.8053

Space.8053

new buff on the lord (continues when downed)- (2-3 mins) The lord has been resurrected by a player skill, resurrection skills no longer have an effect.

would keep the mechanic but tone down the insta res stalling that can occur.

Fat Rob
[TCHU]
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

The OP probably wants it easy to take stuff. But making it as the OP suggest will ultimately put servers with lower population in a bigger bind than at the moment.

It’s not supposed to be easy to take stuff when heavily defended. One must use at least a simple tactic to win besides numbers.

However, another point of view is if you have little number and the opposing force has lots of banner specked warriors, it will truly be a pain when your hard work turns into a slaughter house when one warrior banners the lord, tanks for 10 s, and the zerg arrives to wipe the infiltration team.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Arenanet, could you please make other (at the moment worthless) rezzes work in the same way?

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

I think it makes it more fun.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP. The way it currently works is fine. It adds strategy. Not sure why everyone wants to dumb down the game.

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

The solution is simply to take it quick or defend/react fast. Use superior sieges and speed builds.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I would rather see locked portals instead of bannered lords.

IMO portals should become locked and stay locked as long as the outer wall is breached.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: AJP.8610

AJP.8610

IMO portals should become locked and stay locked as long as the outer wall is breached.

So if there is no one in inner and the enemy hasn’t got inner down… how are the defending players going to get into inner to defend? Repair the wall? No point when there is a treb firing at it.

o.o

[VcY] Velocity ~ Far Shiverpeaks
Flemmox ~ Elementalist
Gormlaith Greycloak ~ Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Meh. I think the keep lords (all lords) should be made a lot stronger before they could address the rallying.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

I assume you mean the OUTER portals should be locked when the OUTER wall is down, but that would be pretty silly if breaking water gate made it impossible for people to get into the northern three quarters of garrison.