Last Spot in Gold League

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

SoS played horribly against Maguuma when we fount them the other week.

We are try-harding now, so bring your a-game.

#magswag

And we still beat you by 76k ponts, we also got 2 new NA guilds from then aswell.

This is a competition you want to lose. The winner gets to be stomped for 7 weeks straight in what will be the least competitive matches in season 1. Why would anybody want that when they will get their closest chance to a balanced match in silver league?

SBI needs to get a high ranked match up to eat their rating and go higher. Easy match ups don’t raise your rank as much as blow outs against top ranked servers. The RNG will decide who takes sixth place, but whichever server it is, the prize is uncompetitive matches for seven weeks.

The current SoS/FA/JQ match is an example of what the average match will look like for seven weeks if SoS places in the gold league. Let the egos play it out, the rest of us just want to enjoy WvW without the stacked zerg meta and the massive population imbalances.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Achilles.2197

Achilles.2197

Tier 1 should have been its own league. TC imbalances t2

Well, we are listed ast T1 this week, for one thing.

We might surprise you.

Or kick yer yak’s kitten, or something like that.

JQ destroys TC. RNG putting you against SoR and BG tenporarily does not make TC tier1. TC is t2.

Âchillæs – Jade Quarry – GvG’ing before you knew what it was

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

#magswag

And we still beat you by 76k ponts, we also got 2 new NA guilds from then aswell.

This is a competition you want to lose. The winner gets to be stomped for 7 weeks straight in what will be the least competitive matches in season 1. Why would anybody want that when they will get their closest chance to a balanced match in silver league?

SBI needs to get a high ranked match up to eat their rating and go higher. Easy match ups don’t raise your rank as much as blow outs against top ranked servers. The RNG will decide who takes sixth place, but whichever server it is, the prize is uncompetitive matches for seven weeks.

The current SoS/FA/JQ match is an example of what the average match will look like for seven weeks if SoS places in the gold league. Let the egos play it out, the rest of us just want to enjoy WvW without the stacked zerg meta and the massive population imbalances.

Because any server below rank 6 gives boring fights. Show me a guild group that runs 20 every night outside of T2, and I’ll take it back.

I’d rather fight 25 vs 80 than 25 vs 5.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

#magswag

Because any server below rank 6 gives boring fights. Show me a guild group that runs 20 every night outside of T2, and I’ll take it back.

us…<_<

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Because there is no balanced match in silver league, rather be getting stomped in gold then bored in silver.

~ AoN ~

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Ghoulina.2976

Ghoulina.2976

Bandwagon jumpers ? check your sig.

Besides – we never targeted the 2nd league – we fought our way from 13 to 10 before they announced the 3 Leagues.

Yes, because starting pre-launch on NSP, moving to ET for shorter queue times, then going to JQ after a hiatus because my friends went there = bandwagon jumping. Logic right there. /facepalm

Mîs: Careful what you say. The moderators are watching, and ignorance is strength.
JQ-80: Mes/Eng/Ele/Thief/Guard/Rang/Nec/War

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Vi Au.8341

Vi Au.8341

thats all nice and dandy to see Mag SoS and Sbi post how they are going to win this, but i am looking for a third party point of view that played us.

ps: lets hope for sos mag match up soon than :P

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: DrWhom.3105

DrWhom.3105

Imagine if they did set the match for the final week as Mag/SoS/SBI and straight up gave the winner the 6 spot (so in essence ignore the rankings for determining that position).

I’m probably dreaming too big though, most likely the RNG matchups for the last two weeks will determine who is 6th and we won’t even fight each other. However, in such a hypothetical showdown Maguuma would obviously win as we have the highest population of sad losers who would take a week off work and defecate in a sock to make it happen.

MAG

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

lol don’t understimate SBI

they have as many sad losers that stayed up the entire weekend

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Grumbelly.9560

Grumbelly.9560

I heard a rumor SBI doesn’t want the 6th spot…

Can we have the 5th spot please?

[Shhh] SBI

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Radioactive.1248

Radioactive.1248

I heard a rumor SBI doesn’t want the 6th spot…

Can we have the 5th spot please?

5th? I heard we were bandwagoning right up to tier 0, we would be too OP to be put in tier 1.

Star Player
[KEK]

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

#magswag

I know of at least 3 guilds on IoJ that do.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Tibstrike.2974

Because there is no balanced match in silver league, rather be getting stomped in gold then bored in silver.

No balanced matches? One of the closest matches is in silver league right now. IoJ, BP, and CD are duking it out during primetime and all are pretty much evenly matched. I will admit our oceanics do a lot of ppt work for us and extend our lead but during the day its a crap shoot for who is better imo. But hey, that’s just me from IoJ.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

The worst case scenario would be SBI getting gold. Their transfers are mainly from lower tiered servers and they’d probably break from the T1 onslaught.

The only competition SoS would have would be Mags. Week after week of “coverage”, “nightime”, “but we actually won”.

SoS or Maguuma for number 6th for the collective sanity of all three servers.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Atharsia.3249

Atharsia.3249

So, can ANET please give them a Maguuma/SoS/Stormbluff Island match next week…

And, to answer someone that said that he wouldn’t take DB off the table yet… well, we’re off it, we’re dropping to rank 8 or 10.

Best of luck to whoever gets into Gold League (most likely Maguuma if you ask me).

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

I HAVE AN IDEA!

Forget RNG and pit SoS/SBI/Mag together for the matchup. Winner goes to Gold league.

Wait. Someone already said that.

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

(edited by Evalana.5480)

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

going to JQ after a hiatus because my friends went there = bandwagon jumping.

Lmao, that’s a perfect example of the definition.

However, in such a hypothetical showdown Maguuma would obviously win as we have the highest population of sad losers who would take a week off work and defecate in a sock to make it happen.

Does it make me immature the have laughed uncontrollably at that for a good minute? Gold!

(edited by Have No Faith In Me.1840)

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: RedOwl.7496

RedOwl.7496

I HAVE AN IDEA!

Forget RNG and pit SoS/SBI/Mag together for the matchup. Winner goes to Gold league.

Wait. Someone already said that.

That is an excellent idea! Hope they do it.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Would be awesome if BG /SoR / JQ all lost Season1. Will never happen, one of them will be the winners. But it would be entertaining.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: CptWheezy.6439

CptWheezy.6439

I’m so conflicted by this dilemma. The absolute worst times I can recall in WvW (and that’s all I do – and I mean ALL) was when we were either grossly outmatched or vice-versa in terms of coverage. It’s all very confusing. I can remember when we took second almost every week, and those times weren’t too bad. There were fights to be had without having to look too hard. But those days are long gone.

The only time we lose lately is when we admit the frailty of our human bodies and actually go to sleep. It’s like Christmas – except Santa Clause sneaks in and breaks all our toys.

Here is why I’m conflicted.

If we stay in Silver League – we will almost certainly destroy every opponent we face. We will quickly grow bored and quit the game altogether. There isn’t a server in the Silver League set that can stand up to our NA Prime. It just won’t happen. You can say anything you like about our server tactics, commanders, or even our manners, but our NA Prime players are balls-to-the-wall brawlers. There are a few guilds that we come up against where the outcome is up in the air – but only a few. Our top guilds will win 90% or more of their fights because we are simply far more skilled than our opponents. That will simply not do. So we have to try for Gold. Right?

If we move up to Gold – we will almost certainly be destroyed by giant mindless zerg blobs most of the matches: we won’t lose all our matches this way, but will face this problem more times than not. We will never be able to find a fight where we are not outnumbered 2:1 or worse. It doesn’t matter how skilled you are – you can’t beat those kinds of numbers. And to top that off, it doesn’t really matter anyway, because all you can do is hit the kittening 1 key in those situations anyway. The server lag problem is a problem of numbers, and moving into the Gold League is akin to adding more numbers which multiplies the problem and amplifies the lag.

At least if we move to the top of Silver League there’s the possibility that lower populated servers will move into our league, which might provide more of a fair fight; however, there is zero chance that people will migrate off of the top four servers which would reduce the populations, which in turn would reduce chances of giant zergs forming, which of course, would reduce the lag problem. History has shown that these servers have maintained their populations almost since the beginning. The only times this has not been the norm is when you have bandwagon servers creep up a little, but most of those implode eventually. They have proven that no matter what the score is, if the core community is not solid, as it is here on Maguuma, then they fall apart and blow away in the wind like Dragonbrand and Kaineng.

I’m not convinced that either scenario will turn out to be in our best interest. What I think will happen is that no matter what league we end up in, we will either win or lose by breathtaking margins. It’s a tough spot to be in I think.

Maguuma Player
:-)

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

So originally SoS players were angry at DB for “tankin” thus SoS now having to be 6 seed.

Now that Mag wants Gold SoS is talking about wanting Gold and talking kitten to boot??

Very confusing

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

So originally SoS players were angry at DB for “tankin” thus SoS now having to be 6 seed.

Now that Mag wants Gold SoS is talking about wanting Gold and talking kitten to boot??

Very confusing

Different people have different opinions.

I know, it really is hard to understand.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Very confusing

Or maybe one person is not representative of the server. Maybe. Just maybe.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Burpengary.5160

Burpengary.5160

The thing that changed was only 6 in gold so any preference has been altered accordingly. Like others before me the match I want to see is SoS Mags SbI.

I just want good fights to hell with ppt. Last week we ran riot This week we find it hard to get out of spawn and for someone who played 12 hours a day for the last year I just find it all too sad. I only wvw and have had a blast but the current state of wvw is a concern.

The perceived need to win and to think you are the best has ruined the game due to players moving and Kain now Dragon falling is just an utter mess.

The league system is only going to be fun for maybe the top 4 and maybe and odd match elsewhere but hey the 1500 that my guild had during the first weeks is now 25-30 and 4 or 5 in wvw. Many are in t1or t2 but it is no more fun than the many close matches yaks have had over the year.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

Nope multiple SoS players were saying it

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Avariz.8241

Avariz.8241

AND the winner is DRAGONBRAND on the winner’s podium of the silver league. Maguma was first out of the runners’ block (stealthy) but Dragonbrand put in a late challenge (stunningly very obvious) over taking Maguma. SOS savvy and strategic as always was pretty much left behind where they normally belong (in the gold league on the last spot).

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: iAmTheDuke.6201

iAmTheDuke.6201

Sos: We beat you before so we are better. But we’ll rollover as soon as the leagues start.

Mag: Screw you, we want good fights.

SBI: Hi guys, am I cool yet?

(edited by iAmTheDuke.6201)

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

Very confusing

Different people have different opinions.

I know, it really is hard to understand.

here on mag, i speak for the whole server.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Niim.9260

No balanced matches? One of the closest matches is in silver league right now. IoJ, BP, and CD are duking it out during primetime and all are pretty much evenly matched. I will admit our oceanics do a lot of ppt work for us and extend our lead but during the day its a crap shoot for who is better imo. But hey, that’s just me from IoJ.

Sorry, I didn’t realize I had to spoon feed you the obvious. The thread is talking about those trying to fight for the last spot in gold.

Still with me?

For those trying to fight for the last spot in gold there are no balanced match-ups.

Still there?

I concede that SBI with all of its transfer monkeys is an unknown at this point.

~ AoN ~

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: earendil.1290

earendil.1290

going to JQ after a hiatus because my friends went there = bandwagon jumping.

Lmao, that’s a perfect example of the definition.

It’s Ok – we’re all humans and that’s how the brain works. It’s called the actor/observer bias (or assymetry) – link here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Actor%E2%80%93observer_asymmetry

Basically “I” transferred because the context forced me – “they” transferred because they are bandwagoners.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Tibstrike.2974

Sorry, I didn’t realize I had to spoon feed you the obvious. The thread is talking about those trying to fight for the last spot in gold.

Still with me?

For those trying to fight for the last spot in gold there are no balanced match-ups.

Still there?

I concede that SBI with all of its transfer monkeys is an unknown at this point.

Holy kitten. Thanks for clearing that up /s. Obviously I didn’t realize what you meant. I mean, here I was thinking you were saying all of silver league was an unbalanced matchup. My mistake. Though from the posting of people in Maguuma we down here in Silver League are obviously unskilled players. Imma go tell people like BS, NA, HARD, and all them folks they better not even try against guilds in higher tiers.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Who cares who gets 6th? The reality is that the league is going to suck for 4,5, and 6 anyway. None of those servers can compete with 1,2, and 3.

If ANET was smart, they would separate 1,2, and 3 into their own league. 4 and 5 are not as strong anymore given that they had a number of people bandwagon to the T1 servers.

It’s also going to suck for whoever gets 7th and 8th (unless you like blowouts), as those at the bottom of silver tier, (10th thru 15 about) are nowhere near the same coverage.

The whole league idea is just bad, I don’t see really any good cut-off points that is going to make for strong competition per tier. Though having 4 tiers would be better than 3 for NA.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Niim.9260

Still with me?

Still there?

Holy kitten. Thanks for clearing that up /s. Obviously I didn’t realize what you meant. I mean, here I was thinking you were saying all of silver league was an unbalanced matchup. My mistake. Though from the posting of people in Maguuma we down here in Silver League are obviously unskilled players. Imma go tell people like BS, NA, HARD, and all them folks they better not even try against guilds in higher tiers.

I never mentioned skill and I haven’t seen a post in this thread that refers to it as skill. Everyone knows it is about population and coverage, nothing else, or do I need to spoon feed you that as well?

~ AoN ~

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Niim.9260

The whole league idea is just bad

This pretty much sums up the issue entirely. A league being made from a bunch of unbalanced servers where population/coverage is the key factor for success is just a bad idea.

~ AoN ~

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Tibstrike.2974

Still with me?

Still there?

I never mentioned skill and I haven’t seen a post in this thread that refers to it as skill. Everyone knows it is about population and coverage, nothing else, or do I need to spoon feed you that as well?

I was referring to a post by someone from Maguuma. I know its all about coverage. Who do you think SBI stomped on during their climb to the top? Jesus, its as if T1 and T2 players think they are the only ones that exist.

(edited by Tibstrike.2974)

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Niim.9260

I was referring to a post by someone from Maguuma. I know its all about coverage. Who do you think SBI stomped on during their climb to the top? Jesus, its as if T1 and T2 players think they are the only ones that exist

Did you even read the title of this thread you keep responding to?

~ AoN ~

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Something that has been on my mind for awhile and since skill and population/coverage was brought up…

We like to say that its population and coverage that wins WvW. Well of course, generally that is true.

But lets be honest, SoR, BG and JQ are more skilled than any other NA server. (Another reason they need their own league).

That doesn’t mean there aren’t skilled people in other servers. It doesn’t even mean that the most skilled individuals are on one of these three servers.

What it means is that they have a greater number of skilled people. Actual PvPers. Hardcore PvPers.

Even if whomever gets the sixth spot could queue every map against the top 3 – they would lose. And lose big I would bet. Because it would be 100 battle hardened, PvPers vs. some PvPers and a lot of PvXers or casual WvWers.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

earendil.1290

Even if whomever gets the sixth spot could queue every map against the top 3 – they would lose. And lose big I would bet. Because it would be 100 battle hardened, PvPers vs. some PvPers and a lot of PvXers or casual WvWers.

Yea – and wouldn’t this be tons of fun ? I mean every victory you can get would be so much more meaningfull !

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Tibstrike.2974

I was referring to a post by someone from Maguuma. I know its all about coverage. Who do you think SBI stomped on during their climb to the top? Jesus, its as if T1 and T2 players think they are the only ones that exist

Did you even read the title of this thread you keep responding to?

Yes, and I responded to posts that I thought concerned the servers I am a part of. I seriously want SBI to make it into Gold league so they can get their kitten handed to them. They are pretty much all kittens riding their train to the top and to see them get knocked back down a bunch would be hilarious. Plus I want to fight these so called “amazing” T2 servers and their guilds as the fights have gotten pretty bland for CORE. INC from CD has been giving us some trouble so we want more fights like that. I didn’t realize this thread was only for those concerned with gold league and to be called a baby is a little immature of you in the first place. Granted, I don’t know what I was expecting as this is the GW2 forums.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Yea – and wouldn’t this be tons of fun ? I mean every victory you can get would be so much more meaningfull !

Absolutely it would. I’m all for SBI trying to get to that sixth spot. I think it would be great fun!

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Chris.3290

What really needs to happen for the next two weeks of Mag-SBI-SoS have 2 weeks in a row to sort themselves out. Really ANet, make this happen for us to sort this matter out.

I know DB is in the mix right now, but Maguuma runs wild during the work week and if DB can’t handle their tepid weekend push; they are going to get ripped a new one the rest of the week. SBI will overtake them shortly.

If we don’t get these matchups, the Silver League will have an asterisk after it the entire time.

If SBI sneaks into 6th without a showdown, no one can really say they were even good enough for the Silver champ.
What will happen when Maguuma finally starts playing for PPT?
How much has changed with SoS’s new transfers?

This battle could be more interesting the entire Season.

(edited by Chris.3290)

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Niim.9260

But lets be honest, SoR, BG and JQ are more skilled than any other NA server. (Another reason they need their own league).

More skilled at what? If you mean skilled at earning PPT, yea sure I can agree with that because they are the few servers that actually work at PPT.

~ AoN ~

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Chris.3290

More skilled at what? If you mean skilled at earning PPT, yea sure I can agree with that because they are the few servers that actually work at PPT.

T1 has the largest number of WvW focused guilds. This doesn’t mean that 20 people from random BG guild are better than 20 people from an IoJ guild.

What it means that they have all maps queued with WvW focused players who do nothing but WvW 90% of the time.

Compared that to most T2 and lower servers that can fully man 2-3 borderlands on reset night with 30%-50% casual PuGs.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Avariz.8241

Avariz.8241

I don’t know. Looking at the points and the standings SOS is assured of the 6th place in the golden league. There is no reason to put that in to jeopardy by requesting a 2 week rematch with the other equally strong contenders. I am surely missing something here.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Niim.9260

T1 has the largest number of WvW focused guilds. This doesn’t mean that 20 people from random BG guild are better than 20 people from an IoJ guild.

What it means that they have all maps queued with WvW focused players who do nothing but WvW 90% of the time.

Compared that to most T2 and lower servers that can fully man 2-3 borderlands on reset night with 30%-50% casual PuGs.

You are talking about coverage and population, his comment was about skill.

~ AoN ~

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Niim.9260

I don’t know. Looking at the points and the standings SOS is assured of the 6th place in the golden league. There is no reason to put that in to jeopardy by requesting a 2 week rematch with the other equally strong contenders. I am surely missing something here.

The league doesn’t start till the 18th.

~ AoN ~

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

earendil.1290

You are talking about coverage and population, his comment was about skill.

Being able to channel the Casual WvWer population into a fighting force is a WvW skill too. It’s called leadership, charisma, whatever. Some people and guilds are better at that.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Niim.9260

Being able to channel the Casual WvWer population into a fighting force is a WvW skill too. It’s called leadership, charisma, whatever. Some people and guilds are better at that.

Sure, we all have our good and bad pug leaders.

~ AoN ~

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

They should just have 2 equally sized leagues. That way everyone would have matches they could win, as well as the matches where they’d lose with no chance. Not perfect but at least it would be diverse enough.