Let's Balance NA T1-3

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

Hello DivineBeing,

I do not doubt your honesty but unfortunately your data is in error.

This and last week are anomalies as your leaders have said they’re focused on pve content in the gw2wvw.net matchup thread.

MoS data 3 weeks and back refutes your statements. Bg has won by >20-30% against JQ and SoR, indicating a coverage issue, mainly in EU and OCX.

Do check my history in gw2wvw.net and guru. I never troll and I never lie. My data is correct within a 5-9% variance.

FW

Hello Reverence,

I respectfully disagree with you on some key points.

The EU force that BG has runs unopposed in EU time reducing t3 structures to paper. That is a domino effect on NA time much like the leagues.

In BG times their big hits in EU on JQ and SoR wp objectives at 1am-2am onwards. Please note that I’m not complaining, only stating BG tactics (commendable) in hitting servers at the transition zones.

I have on T2 for a stint recently and I can confirm the assessment that BG still has a very strong OCX and EU of T1 and T2.

Currently BG is in the process of enhancing the EU forces for more coverage in season 2 to ensure a 80-90% chance of victory.

There’s very little chance of having a balanced T1 and T2 for the foreseeable future.

Wow. That was the most inaccurate post I have ever read about BG honestly.

Who is your “source” btw? Because if you check MOS for this entire week and prior weeks, Oceanic is by far our weakest time zone. Our 3x 15-20 man oceanic guilds are PvX guilds that don’t get on WvW all that often, leading most of the time a pug commander for 3x BLs. So yea, our Oceanic force is obviously super strong ticking at 150 ppt, feel that power /rollseyes

EU time zone being all pvdoor? Our only 2x EU guilds are HB (you seriously think they play the ppt game?) And RK (which do not form up every night). Both guilds are 20 man guilds too. HB plays primarily in NA time zone btw.

Our only strong time zone is SEA which is matched by JQ, except our SEA tend to stay up until 2AM their time, which goes into early EU time zone.

And to further disprove your points, get on around 1 to 4 PM server time and watch SoRs 60 man map zerg float between all the BLs papering keeps/towers before BGs NA crew even get home from work. You’ll notice BG ticking around 150-225 ppt during that time.

[SoX] – JQ

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: zoombi.1498

zoombi.1498

I have no idea how SoR compares to T2 (how is their non-NA prime?) but they can probably still beat TC and SoS; even if it would probably be close.

BG’s EU would completely demolish any T2 (ticking over +500 at times) and both JQ and BG outnumber any T2 NA. Add in a crushing advantage in SEA….nah, it would be a bad joke.

There’s no population advantage during NA between T1 and T2 right now. Was a bit different back in leagues, but it is really really different now. Especially with a focus on smaller groups from both JQ and BG so instead of seeing 70-80 man blobs, you’d see 2-3x 20-30 man groups on different parts of the map, most of whom are looking for fights. Also, we can’t queue all 4 maps during NA prime anymore, so there’s that… we usually just have 20-30 people on each map now with a 30~ish group floating. At least BG does.

SoR could beat T2 servers, but it would be pretty close I think. They no longer have any EU and their Oceanic is pretty small now since most of them moved to JQ.

BG’s EU is 50 people max on TS. I’m not quite sure how that will “demolish” any T2 server. Sure, if we face 2 T2 servers, we’ll probably tick 400~, but it certainly won’t be “demolishment”. Same with JQ. During Oceanic, T2 servers would outnumber BG’s Oceanic believe it or not, but that’s only in a 3-5 hour period. Throw another T1 server into the mix and BG would be ticking what we normally tick during Oceanic these days – 150~200.

You would be correct in that any T1 SEA population would destroy T2 servers at the moment though. Outside of T1, perhaps only Darkhaven could put up some fight. Maybe. From my experience, on a good day, we can queue 3 maps and have a 20-30 man team on the 4th map (usually EBG cause kitten EBG) during early SEA, and have an 80 man float team during late SEA and into early EU. The only server that can compare with that is JQ.

BG and JQ during early SEA is like South Koreans vs Taiwanese/Chinese haha

Anyway, tl;dr, several time zones between T1 and T2 would be fairly even with a slight advantage to T1. Only during SEA would see T1 come out on a huge lead. If T2/3 servers can get some decent SEA coverage, we could have 6~8 servers that are fairly balanced. GET RECRUITING!

Very true.

It is amazing how people who have never faced BG or been on it have such exaggerated expectations.

If we were to give you just ONE guild from, say, our SEA coverage that would literally take HALF of our SEA coverage away lol. It is not like we have 10 guilds in each time zone….

nobody believes you.

:(

rofl

please log in and supply us with easy bags.

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: jojojoon.8607

jojojoon.8607

You guys have to understand that understating numbers and tanking intentionally to manipulate the scores are forms of propaganda that will help with recruitment. How do think BG was able to recruit ZDs for season 1 when BG has by far the strongest EU on NA servers.

Season 2 is approaching and BG has already recruited a few new EU guilds to replace ZD.

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Fannwong.3059

Hello Jojojoon,

I have to be fair. ZDs wanted SOR but were turned away because IRON wanted fights. But when season started Wrex was in hospital and IRON was effectively crippled for the season.

However at that time BG leadership also took in many small/medium pvx guilds despite knowing that with these guilds BG was guaranteed a confirmed win due to overwhelming coverage.

FW

You guys have to understand that understating numbers and tanking intentionally to manipulate the scores are forms of propaganda that will help with recruitment. How do think BG was able to recruit ZDs for season 1 when BG has by far the strongest EU on NA servers.

Season 2 is approaching and BG has already recruited a few new EU guilds to replace ZD.

[SoX] – JQ

(edited by Fannwong.3059)

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

You guys can enjoy your balanced matchups PPT wise, while we enjoy our unbalanced matchups with great and frequent fights.

Chris, you have always complained about tier 1 stacking at the cost of other servers, but isn’t SoS doing that right now at the cost of tier 4?

You do realize that most of us didn’t know that the guilds were coming over, they just came over and we welcomed them.

That’s what we do on BG (ZDs). And everyone whines about it for 7 straight weeks.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Fannwong, you sir, are the biggest troll here. I think you may be mistaking JQ for BG right now.

JQ always has been the “King of SEA”. They now have the biggest Oceanic coverage as well with basically all of SoR’s OCE moving to JQ. JQ’s EU is a little weaker than BG’s, but it’s hardly this so-called “PVDoor”. I logged in during EU/early NA today and saw SF and SG and had a few skirmishes with them. Was pretty fun actually, even though we only had like 30 people for all 4 maps at one point (not counting people not on TS, but even including them doesn’t bump the number up by that much).

Of course, you’re from SoR, the server that likes to whine the most about the winning servers.

You guys can enjoy your balanced matchups PPT wise, while we enjoy our unbalanced matchups with great and frequent fights.

Chris, you have always complained about tier 1 stacking at the cost of other servers, but isn’t SoS doing that right now at the cost of tier 4?

You do realize that most of us didn’t know that the guilds were coming over, they just came over and we welcomed them.

Why do you think everyone whines about BG’s so-called “buying guilds” thing? You’re not allowed to have guilds come over to your server anymore you know that? :P. But in all seriousness, get to recruiting some more SEA and EU

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

kitten , every thread doesn’t have to turn into BG this and JQ that… stop whining about season 1 already… Holy crap

~Tarnished Coast~

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Reverence.6915

kitten , every thread doesn’t have to turn into BG this and JQ that… stop whining about season 1 already… Holy crap

Agreed. Season 1 was so 2013. Guilds have moved on. Populations have changed. Get with the times.

We just need 1 matchup where a T2 server is matched in T1 for us to know where we truely stack up against each other. Right now, it’s all just speculation.

Beastgate | Faerie Law

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Fannwong.3059

Hello Reverence,

I am trying to be civil in the discussion even though I disagree with your point of view.

As stated, the data that I referenced wasn’t about this week nor last week. BG leaders have said that PVXers are doing the event the turnout is very low in wvw. I will repeat again, data showing OCX and EU dominance prior 2-3 weeks are there in MOS NA.

Unfortunately even though you used a formal ‘sir’, it is clear that you have turned this discussion ad hominem. This behavior is deplorable and contemptuous, I will disengage and refrain from showing more facts.

FW

Fannwong, you sir, are the biggest troll here. I think you may be mistaking JQ for BG right now.

JQ always has been the “King of SEA”. They now have the biggest Oceanic coverage as well with basically all of SoR’s OCE moving to JQ. JQ’s EU is a little weaker than BG’s, but it’s hardly this so-called “PVDoor”. I logged in during EU/early NA today and saw SF and SG and had a few skirmishes with them. Was pretty fun actually, even though we only had like 30 people for all 4 maps at one point (not counting people not on TS, but even including them doesn’t bump the number up by that much).

Of course, you’re from SoR, the server that likes to whine the most about the winning servers.

Why do you think everyone whines about BG’s so-called “buying guilds” thing? You’re not allowed to have guilds come over to your server anymore you know that? :P. But in all seriousness, get to recruiting some more SEA and EU

[SoX] – JQ

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: Cruril Darksbane.2318

Cruril Darksbane.2318

I doubt this will ever happen, and it’s sad honestly. The only way to balance it out would be to merge tier 3 servers active accounts and leave inactive ones behind. T2 is equally a mess because, Anet are unwilling to enforce rulings on backdoor agreements between world’s to gang up aginste another world.

It makes me sad to be in CD since in our up time we dominate wvw then KoME goes offline and we lose everything because coverage is so bad. Although we have fun and get awesome fights it’s still a kitten until they start merging servers.

It’s actually funny because we recently found out CD’s main competitor keeps track of our tag and there commanders statement in regards to our guild is, “Do not fight, run away.”

But anyway the only solution I see for T3 is to merge servers, T2 is again coverage problems.

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Reverence.6915

Hello Reverence,

I am trying to be civil in the discussion even though I disagree with your point of view.

As stated, the data that I referenced wasn’t about this week nor last week. BG leaders have said that PVXers are doing the event the turnout is very low in wvw. I will repeat again, data showing OCX and EU dominance prior 2-3 weeks are there in MOS NA.

Unfortunately even though you used a formal ‘sir’, it is clear that you have turned this discussion ad hominem. This behavior is deplorable and contemptuous, I will disengage and refrain from showing more facts.

FW

If you consider 150-250 PPT dominance, but sure, whatever. Anyway, this discussion isn’t limited to BG. It’s about 9 servers across 3 tiers and how to get them balanced. I’ve already put my 2 cents in, so there’s that.

Beastgate | Faerie Law

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

JQ always has been the “King of SEA”. They now have the biggest Oceanic coverage as well with basically all of SoR’s OCE moving to JQ.

Not even half of SORs oceanic moved to JQ.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Hello Reverence,

FW

If you consider 150-250 PPT dominance, but sure, whatever.

This represents half the points potential available. The other half being split by the other 2. Yes, doubling your competition is dominance.

Not shocked, after over a year on SoR and reading endless justifications for continuous bloat I’m not surprised. BG residents have never been interested in a decent match.

They mislead even themselves about it, arguing is pointless.

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Reverence.6915

Hello Reverence,

FW

This represents half the points potential available. The other half being split by the other 2. Yes, doubling your competition is dominance.

Not shocked, after over a year on SoR and reading endless justifications for continuous bloat I’m not surprised. BG residents have never been interested in a decent match.

Yes, you heard it here folks, 250 is half of 695. (ex)SoR logic.

Beastgate | Faerie Law

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

Hello Reverence,

FW

150-250 is not half of 695. It is a third. If we were ticking at the 250 ppt that leaves 445 ppt left for the other two servers.

Now JQ just further stacked their coverage so BG has no way to compete in oceanics.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

LetoII.3782

445/2= 222.5
Not a third.

But hey, let’s get real specific about a generalized original statement.

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Dear T1, this isn’t about you.

As someone who was there for leagues and in T2, I can say unequivocally that JQ and BG are brick lavatories in terms of stacking compared to TC and SoS.
I’m sure whichever set of xfers that has your undergarments in a twist this week will probably be offset by the next shocking transfer that will upend your world.

Compare to T2 where SoS has had it’s best recruiting week since fall 2012, but TC and FA have responded aggressively instead of downplaying their coverage.

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

LetoII.3782

Dear T1, this isn’t about you.

As someone who was there for leagues and in T2, I can say unequivocally that JQ and BG are brick lavatories in terms of stacking compared to TC and SoS.
I’m sure whichever set of xfers that has your undergarments in a twist this week will probably be offset by the next shocking transfer that will upend your world.

Compare to T2 where SoS has had it’s best recruiting week since fall 2012, but TC and FA have responded aggressively instead of downplaying their coverage.

^
Let’s just congradulate BG on their hard-fought come-from-behind miracle win in season 2 in hopes they’ll stop beating straw men in every thread on every forum.

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Chris.3290

I doubt this will ever happen, and it’s sad honestly. The only way to balance it out would be to merge tier 3 servers active accounts and leave inactive ones behind. T2 is equally a mess because, Anet are unwilling to enforce rulings on backdoor agreements between world’s to gang up aginste another world.

It makes me sad to be in CD since in our up time we dominate wvw then KoME goes offline and we lose everything because coverage is so bad. Although we have fun and get awesome fights it’s still a kitten until they start merging servers.

It’s actually funny because we recently found out CD’s main competitor keeps track of our tag and there commanders statement in regards to our guild is, “Do not fight, run away.”

But anyway the only solution I see for T3 is to merge servers, T2 is again coverage problems.

Backdoor agreements? There are no agreements, just three servers who actually play the game as it’s meant.
TC was the stronger server in this matchup, so of course SoS and FA focused them. Now that SoS is most likely going to win this week, we are bracing for a 2v1 against us.

The failure of the 2nd and 3rd servers to focus on the 1st is what ruins matches and nothing is more pathetic than playing for 2nd.

T3 will be better when DB moves up and already DB is gaining numbers in NA. It’s hardly broken.

Thank you for the keen observations about T2 and T3 from a server about to drop into T6.

As for adding commanders to your friend’s list, this is very common these days. The last few weeks, TC has taken great advantage of this. It’s not by chance that they tend to get more aggressive when some of our well-known commanders log off.

CD wasn’t bad at exploiting small coverage gaps once upon a time.

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

DivineBeing.2086

445/2= 222.5
Not a third.

But hey, let’s get real specific about a generalized original statement.

Cool, and if you really think that extra 30 ppt (assuming SoR has an equal oceanic coverage, which you and I both know is not the case since JQ took their coverage) is “dominating” that time zone then your right.

However, looking at this week (you know the week that SoRs oceanics transferred to JQ) JQ is consistently ticking at 300+ ppt.

So I think it is safe to say JQ just stacked their self from balanced between them and BG to just overstacked now.

I know a lot want to believe that BG is this massively overstacked server with 24/7 full map queues and only win through overly stacked coverage, but we are not even remotely close to that at all.

Blackgate

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Let’s just congradulate BG on their hard-fought come-from-behind miracle win in season 2 in hopes they’ll stop beating straw men in every thread on every forum.

Cmon man, you’re giving them too little credit.

They had to overcome that massive overstacking by JQ. Those 20 SoX and 15 XPK guys that transferred over are like 300x the size of BG’s oceanic force. You need 5 100-man russian guilds to combat those numbers, but BG only recruited 3!

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

DivineBeing.2086

They had to overcome that massive overstacking by JQ. Those 20 SoX and 15 XPK guys that transferred over are like 300x the size of BG’s oceanic force. You need 5 100-man russian guilds to combat those numbers, but BG only recruited 3!

Mind citing those guilds we “recently recruited?” Or are you taking Smokees troll posts on the gw2wvw forums seriously? Because if you are I am afraid to tell you that his other post about ZDs transferring back to BG isn’t legit either.

Blackgate

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Chris.3290

T1 go home! You’re drunk!

OMG, every post that has the word “coverage” in it and we’re inundated with posturing and who’s outstacking who….

Take it to the user-created forums if you want to play the “we’re a shadow of our former self” game that you use to further stack.

If BG and JQ were at all interested in having the kind of fun matches we’re having in Tier 2; they’d be actively trying to rebuild SoR as opposed to trying to further stack their own rosters.

For instance, one TC NA group was talking to me and said they were considering transfer. I suggested FA, DB, and then SoR in that exact order.

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: Mirsa.1628

Mirsa.1628

No one is going to fall for the “BG is weak, we need more guilds!” pre-season crap again, Reverence.

[GS] Gun Squad
Guild Master

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Chris.3290

Take that stuff here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Server-dominance/first#post3576028

That guy is obviously begging for your attention and recruitment-lawyering.

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Typical T1, Cant debate Coverage in match up forums anymore on the official forums, Bring it to every anywhere near relevant post available so we all have to here about their crap and world-ending issues.

Isle Of Janthir

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

zoombi.1498

Mind citing those guilds we “recently recruited?” Or are you taking Smokees troll posts on the gw2wvw forums seriously? Because if you are I am afraid to tell you that his other post about ZDs transferring back to BG isn’t legit either.

You can’t afford to rent them for the duration of the season again?

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Seigfried.5938

Lol Chris, you start bashing BG again and then call us drunk. I’m just waiting for Eotm to put all you guys in the ground. Think T1 is all about zerging? From what i have seen, some of the best roamers are from skilled groups like TW which also fight on a large scale. And then there are small dedicated roaming groups like oPP and RIOT. Eotm will put your skill play =/= t1 theory to the test.

New bunker meta sux

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

Lol Chris, you start bashing BG again and then call us drunk. I’m just waiting for Eotm to put all you guys in the ground. Think T1 is all about zerging? From what i have seen, some of the best roamers are from skilled groups like TW which also fight on a large scale. And then there are small dedicated roaming groups like oPP and RIOT. Eotm will put your skill play =/= t1 theory to the test.

You guys are gonna have fun facing some of the roamers in the lower tiers. When all there is to do is roaming, then you tend to get very good at it. Best 5-man group I’ve seen is still from NSP (or was).

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Seigfried.5938

You guys are gonna have fun facing some of the roamers in the lower tiers. When all there is to do is roaming, then you tend to get very good at it. Best 5-man group I’ve seen is still from NSP (or was).

I used to be in tier 4 and then transferred up, so I know what type of roamers are there across the tiers. There isn’t any difference. The only 1 server in in the last season that had good roamers from t2-3 were from maguuma.

New bunker meta sux

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

I used to be in tier 4 and then transferred up, so I know what type of roamers are there across the tiers. There isn’t any difference. The only 1 server in in the last season that had good roamers from t2-3 were from maguuma.

See, here I say that while Mag has an abundance of roamers, I wouldn’t peg them as any better than the rest. The thing about roamers is that the best ones rarely get props, unless the players who lost to them are willing to admit how badly they were beaten.

Until I see a 5v5 tourney where they lose, SPCA and friends are still the best 5-man team. BS probably had the best individual roamers which translated to a nasty GvG team.

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

Why even try to balance servers at this point? It’s a futile effort because as soon as you do get it balanced someone will transfer, a guild will quit, or something else will happen that unbalances it. What we need to be doing is moving past the server system and creating a massive WvW three way battle between all servers. The current WvW system is bad and has been since launch. From PPT to coverage it just has way too many issues to be even be close to a fair system.

I actually hope that EotM is actually the testing ground for a mega-WvW. Although they will need a formula to determine which color gets what servers, but given that they do have the data(we have seen it) it’s entirely a possibility. This would really take away the “coverage” problems. They could even tack on a “merc” system where if one side somehow gets outnumbered people could become mercenaries for that side until it balances out.

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Seigfried.5938

See, here I say that while Mag has an abundance of roamers, I wouldn’t peg them as any better than the rest. The thing about roamers is that the best ones rarely get props, unless the players who lost to them are willing to admit how badly they were beaten.

Until I see a 5v5 tourney where they lose, SPCA and friends are still the best 5-man team. BS probably had the best individual roamers which translated to a nasty GvG team.

I meant on average, the skill level of maguuma is much higher than other servers in t2-3. This is the impression I got fighting them during the league, Much could have changed since then, though.

And question to the OP, balance is not going to do any good for the fights. at the moment, SoS pvdoors during oceanic and other servers pvdoor during SEA and Eu. PPT is indeed balanced, but fights are not. So ask yourself what is more important, PPT or fights?

New bunker meta sux

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Chris.3290

I meant on average, the skill level of maguuma is much higher than other servers in t2-3. This is the impression I got fighting them during the league, Much could have changed since then, though.

And question to the OP, balance is not going to do any good for the fights. at the moment, SoS pvdoors during oceanic and other servers pvdoor during SEA and Eu. PPT is indeed balanced, but fights are not. So ask yourself what is more important, PPT or fights?

That question, is exactly why we want balance in tiers. In T2, you can be fights focused without sacrificing your server’s standing; but we also recognize that PPT is a part of the game and those who wish the focus on it are welcome to.

FA, TC, and SoS are all like-minded on this. We all have our PPT folks, we have our GvG enthusiasts, our open-field focused zergbusters, our siege huggers; and so on.

That is what we mean by balance.

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Chris.3290

I said T1 is drunk; though your defensiveness on this subject makes me think you might tip a bottle or two once in a while.

I have no idea where you are going about zerging vs. roaming; that wasn’t even a subject. My criticism of T1 is the idea that every thread has to be about ancient crap from the Season or who transferred where and how that is ruining your game mode.

Again, with feeling this time; I’m not bashing BG, any guild or person on BG, nor any community, organization, guild, alliance, or individuals in all of Tier 1.
I’m poking fun at the mindset that is currently driving Tier 1; that BG has been not only a willing participant, but it’s greatest champion.
People saying SoR is losing because they won’t buy guilds, (yep, poster from BG). People saying BG is bad in OCX, though BG was ticking over +300 in that timeframe as recent as last week.
JQ does the same, though they don’t share the zeal for it; showing they at least have some reservations about perpetuating the problems that they helped create.

It’s all what people have turned T1 into; and is a big part of why no one in Tier 2 on down (well, some delusional plebs on SBI have publicly said they want a piece of that) wants to take SoR’s place.
No one buys guilds, everyone plays how they play; we don’t get in long drawn out discussions about crap that is months old in EVERY FORUM THREAD.

Now, please go back to your Algonquin Round Table discussions about the impact of ZDs and the difference between “buying” guilds and “helping them move”.

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: iAmTheDuke.6201

iAmTheDuke.6201

Just throwing this out there;
Maguuma is highly considering paying for transfers for ocx/sea/EU to keep us in range of gold league and keep the good fights going
Message me if anyone wants to know more.

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

Can we change the topic title, obviously T1 doesn’t share the same mindset and it is starting agitated discussions that will end up closing the thread

Commander Nachonix

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Reverence.6915

No one is going to fall for the “BG is weak, we need more guilds!” pre-season crap again, Reverence.

If your memory is that short, then I really have no words… Everyone knows what happened to BG pre-leagues. Everyone had written BG off in winning league before it started. Every t1 server had equal queues 24/7 at the start of season 1 so there was no population imbalance. That’s all ancient history now. Suffice to say, SoR is the only server still whining about it.

We have no way of knowing what the difference between T1 and T2 is until there’s a different matchup than T1 getting each other week in and week out (which is fine, but some variety is good once in a blue moon, right?)

Beastgate | Faerie Law

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: Mirsa.1628

Mirsa.1628

If your memory is that short, then I really have no words… Everyone knows what happened to BG pre-leagues. Everyone had written BG off in winning league before it started. Every t1 server had equal queues 24/7 at the start of season 1 so there was no population imbalance. That’s all ancient history now. Suffice to say, SoR is the only server still whining about it.

We have no way of knowing what the difference between T1 and T2 is until there’s a different matchup than T1 getting each other week in and week out (which is fine, but some variety is good once in a blue moon, right?)

Lesson learned, you can never get through to someone brainwashed by the Church of Blackgate.

“Always outnumbered, lel, we ppt through skill” is the motto of every Blackgate preacher.

[GS] Gun Squad
Guild Master

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: Sabastian.7126

Sabastian.7126

SoR is outmanned on 3 maps (EB, jqbl, bgbl) right now. Primetime NA

Sanctum of Rall
born Sept 20 – died Nov 11. reborn August 10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEfbwJLw04I

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

DivineBeing.2086

SoR is outmanned on 3 maps (EB, jqbl, bgbl) right now. Primetime NA

Not surprised. JQ and FA swallowed their guilds.

Blackgate

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: zortek.9607

zortek.9607

The entire premise of this thread is flawed. Luvpie, let me begin with — “You are a good commander. You teach well and you generally take defeat well — turning it into learning (for yourself and those that follow you). You have lead well since you and [Fang] were on CD. I would rank you as a senior talent.”

However, you also have a long history of trying to architect perfection — managing and controlling things outside your purview — resulting in you getting all unfocussed and losing perspective on “that which is possible, that which is pragmatic, and that which is beyond your control.”

You are fun to run with and you are fun as skilled opposition. But nonsense efforts like this simply fuel dissension and resentments among a population that needs little provocation to spoil about “unfairness.” — a read of the thread is illustrative.

If for no other reason, Nash Equilibrium quashes the notion that in a non-cooperative game, n+1 (rational) people will change their strategy when there is nothing to gain.

Altruism is not a sufficient motivator and “everyone benefits if they cooperate” (while idealistic) is not rational so long as non-cooperation is incented.

Please don’t misunderstand, I do not seek to squelch your voice or desire to ring-fence your creativity… I instead urge you to focus your voice in a more productive direction — to dedicate yourself to dialog (or at least outreach) with corporate actors that actually have accountability and are empowered to affect change.

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

zoombi.1498

On average the skill level of Blackgate is much lower then the other servers in t1.

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Chris.3290

The entire premise of this thread is flawed. Luvpie, let me begin with — “You are a good commander. You teach well and you generally take defeat well — turning it into learning (for yourself and those that follow you). You have lead well since you and [Fang] were on CD. I would rank you as a senior talent.”

However, you also have a long history of trying to architect perfection — managing and controlling things outside your purview — resulting in you getting all unfocussed and losing perspective on “that which is possible, that which is pragmatic, and that which is beyond your control.”

You are fun to run with and you are fun as skilled opposition. But nonsense efforts like this simply fuel dissension and resentments among a population that needs little provocation to spoil about “unfairness.” — a read of the thread is illustrative.

If for no other reason, Nash Equilibrium quashes the notion that in a non-cooperative game, n+1 (rational) people will change their strategy when there is nothing to gain.

Altruism is not a sufficient motivator and “everyone benefits if they cooperate” (while idealistic) is not rational so long as non-cooperation is incented.

Please don’t misunderstand, I do not seek to squelch your voice or desire to ring-fence your creativity… I instead urge you to focus your voice in a more productive direction — to dedicate yourself to dialog (or at least outreach) with corporate actors that actually have accountability and are empowered to affect change.

Actually, this thread has proven exactly why a balanced T2 and T3 will help the game. Look at all the BG related crap that has washed ashore in a thread that has nothing to do with them.

We have close to balance in T2 ( FA needs a nudge more) and as of this week, T3 is a whole new game. Some OCX/SEA to Maguuma would help that out, along with NA to DB.

We don’t need to invade other threads in pedantic need to advertise our server and inflate fake importance of what is happening in your tier. There is nothing going on in T1 that isn’t going on in T5; there’s just more ppl doing it for more hours out of the day.

Our fights are balanced, while T1 fights are crap because you’ve created a culture that glorifies manufactured victories delivered by cannibalizing each other and importing massive off-hours coverage.

T2 is rejecting that philosophy and we hope that T3 will as well. With luck this understanding will drift through all the tiers and T1 will be forced with the idea that this will be the only thing that will provide a quality playing experience; which is all anyone wants. Folks who get their kicks from one-sided fights and stacking for victories are dying out, facing the hollowness of such victory.

(edited by Chris.3290)

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpoon.8197

Sharpoon.8197

SoR gets some more NA (or BG/JQ loses some in all timezones)
FA gets some more ocx/sea
DB loses some sea and gains some NA
I dunno about Mag getting ocx/sea because they have a gigantic eu karma train that most other servers don’t have.

Result should be a balanced Tier1-3.

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Well this has been revealed to be completely untrue in oceanic time tonight with the numbers you’ve put out.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: SonofNoob.3102

SonofNoob.3102

Well this has been revealed to be completely untrue in oceanic time tonight with the numbers you’ve put out.

It is called the weekend.

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: Metrox.3195

Metrox.3195

This thread. LOL, keep it going!!!!!

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

This thread is pointless. Season 2 will roll around and everyone will flock to T1 again, because being exceptionally mediocre and abusing coverage is easier than working for anything. Mostly dead servers will still be carried by their SEA/OCX crew PvDing for 8h straight, and their ratings will be artificially inflated as a result. Then, when Season 2 ends and everyone realizes, yet again, that WvW is beyond extremely neglected we’ll begin the cycle anew.

Also, to whoever said that BP needs a few 40+ man guilds to xfer, that’s probably the saddest statement I’ve ever seen. Nothing in your tier rolls that deep and, if they do, you can wipe them with 1/3 of their numbers. I promise; we’ve done it before.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: Vespirisa.1497

Vespirisa.1497

It is called the weekend.

Thought BG claimed they are the weakest during the weekend and only get stronger as the week goes on.

IoJ→KN→DB→SoR→CD→SoR→TC → SBI
Scrub D/D Ele. What’s server loyalty?