Let's Balance NA T1-3

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Obviously my PvF’ing hobby is again causing problems.

I’m only commenting on A. What I’ve seen and B. What I’ve been told by people on TC and who have played there recently.

I see complaints about SoS getting new members, erasing our deficits in NA and EU.
I see FA, the group with the most to lose by this change; actually happy for a more competitive environment.

I see people from TC complaining, at length. People, on TC; have been saying (long before this week; that everyone over there is nice to each other but haven’t been using VoiP and not working well with others.

I see TC PuG involvement way down, in direct correlation to the statements and observations that PvE is a big deal with TC and a lot of their WvW strength is PvX.

Other than that, there is this bizarre subtext in Dalloway’s post that we are somehow outcoveraging them all day.
Nearly all our gains come at night, and all this shift in numbers has done is prevent TC from gaining much during the day.

The conclusions?
FA should be more competitive in this match, to do that; they need more off hours coverage and maybe even a late NA guild.

Back to the original point? BG and JQ are overstacked for their tier, they could shed some of that to bring T3 some more stability, and possibly create 9 servers able to combat each other without embarrassment. How can anyone not like that?

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Chris.3290

Because when we tick +300ppt, TC is ticking +225. That’s only 300 points an hour and TC’s unfettered love affair with bloodlust is well-documented.

I’m going to be blunt here. TC’s fair weathers are off doing PvE, and SoS now has defensive numbers that make your daily glom rushes fail. This allows us to go to TCBL in numbers and attack multiple targets, making your PuG based defenses fail even harder, which makes your fair weathers disappear.

This is starting to get embarrassing for TC. The first loss of your T2 dominance in 10 months and suddenly you lose your minds.

That’s a lot of words just to explain that SoS is winning because of coverage.

No one is losing their minds. People can have a different opinion other than yours. You like to talk about TC all the time anyway, I thought you would be enjoying this more

TC has long been a very worthy opponent and frequently gracious in victory and/or in defeat.

The people who were like that, the people who built TC’s reputation for never-say-die (no matter numbers, coverage, or whatever); are keeping very quiet these days.

What I hear a lot of is “why don’t you go to FA BL”, “you’re blobbing”.

To answer the first, camping the 3rd place server seems to be your new schtick. Second…“Hey kettle, this is pot. You are so black!”

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

T2 is looking more and more like T1 every day.

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Chris.3290

I think that statement, more than any other; is encouraging me to keep my opinions to myself more.

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Unfortunately.

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m just here to map…

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: Mr Ko Killer.7206

Mr Ko Killer.7206

I haven’t lol’d like this in a long, long time. A good read this was.

Jade Quarry’s TrollMaster General| Generation Of Legends [EviL] Leader

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

This thread is why the matchups forum was closed.

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: Lauren.3061

Lauren.3061

TC has long been a very worthy opponent and frequently gracious in victory and/or in defeat.

The people who were like that, the people who built TC’s reputation for never-say-die (no matter numbers, coverage, or whatever); are keeping very quiet these days.

Being an old-time TC’er, and I like to hope one of the folks who’s helped us along the way, I can say that we’re not quiet because of “no one being in VOIP” (not true) and “no cooperation” (also not true) — I can’t speak for other old time TC’ers, but I’m “quiet” because a vast majority of the stuff on the WvW forums has been complete and utter garbage to read for a long, long time. It practically makes my head hurt to process it, I don’t know how you PvF’ers do it, but if it’s fun for you, hey! Go for it!

I’m not losing my mind that we’re often outmatched by SoS now. I think it’s great that we’ve got a solid T2! And I remember the days of having TCBL full capped by both BG and SoR, on their respective climbs into T1, when we couldn’t even get outside our spawns. And there’s tons of us left from those days too, and we’ll keep coming out regardless of the blobs, the coverage gaps, or the odds. Bring on the fights!

~Arabella

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Personally I think T2 as it is now is reasonably balanced, but T1 is starting to look more and more out of whack and we all know this means another shift in the rankings is in the making.

SoR looks to be struggling in T1 coverage-wise. If history is anything to go by, momentum is a real thing in the power balance. SoS will likely continue to pick up players whether they like it or not. This could be a good thing if SoS ends up being the server to replace SoR in T1. With some luck, SoR can be competitive in T2 and the top 3 NA tiers might look reasonably balanced (there’ll still be favorites, especially in T2 and 3, but it’s probably better than what we have now).

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

I think you would all be happier if you played for fights instead of a phony metric.

Mag Server Leader

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

Personally I think T2 as it is now is reasonably balanced, but T1 is starting to look more and more out of whack and we all know this means another shift in the rankings is in the making.

SoR looks to be struggling in T1 coverage-wise. If history is anything to go by, momentum is a real thing in the power balance. SoS will likely continue to pick up players whether they like it or not. This could be a good thing if SoS ends up being the server to replace SoR in T1. With some luck, SoR can be competitive in T2 and the top 3 NA tiers might look reasonably balanced (there’ll still be favorites, especially in T2 and 3, but it’s probably better than what we have now).

T1 is even more of a worse spot now that JQ accept guild transfers. They could have gone the BG route and turned away the transfer requests to servers that need them. I cannot tell you how many guilds we have had to turn away since leagues ended.

Our main competitor accepting more guild transfers is a definite way to start an arms race instead of balancing populations.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

Hello Reverence,

I respectfully disagree with you on some key points.

The EU force that BG has runs unopposed in EU time reducing t3 structures to paper. That is a domino effect on NA time much like the leagues.

Please name just once during EU in the past 4 weeks that BG have reset a T3 keep from JQ or SoR. I will bet you all my gold that you cant.

BG on the other hand lost 3 T3 keeps to JQ and SoR this saturday in EU prime ( around 9.30pm GMT ). At this point BG had less than 50 people overall in all 3 borderlands ( on TS – not counting EB ). We were up against a queued map from both SoR and JQ + 20+ man guild groups from both servers hitting other borderlands.

In BG times their big hits in EU on JQ and SoR wp objectives at 1am-2am (gmt+8) onwards. Please note that I’m not complaining, only stating BG tactics (commendable) in hitting servers at the transition zones.

This is 5-6pm EU prime. None of the EU guilds are even close to forming up at this hour. We usually dont form up till 8-9pm local time, and I know RK is the same. If you are going to comment on timezones you should atleast get em right.

Currently BG is in the process of enhancing the EU forces for more coverage in season 2 to ensure a 80-90% chance of victory.

Please name your source or I call BS like with the rest of your post. Im not sure if you are trying very badly to troll, or you are just another brainwashed SoR player.

On topic – you can never ballance out kitten as there aint enough OCX / SEA / EU guilds to spread out on 9 servers.

Post season 1 we were looking hard into finding another server to have a “vacation” on, but the gold costs of the transfer scared us of, as we would most likely have lost most or all of our casual players in the process.

Also history have shown us that T2 servers and below dont have the coverage to match T1 EU, so we wouldnt be looking at much fights.

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Chris.3290

All this talk about SoS going to T1, if you look at the scores or participate in T2; you’ll see that TC and SoS are still very evenly matched. It’s a bit lopsided due to SoS’s OCX; but TC’s SEA quickly stops the losses and it’s back to a balance match very soon.

TC still has good EU (they even have a guild called “EU”); and they just got two new NA guilds so no one is going to run away with T2 anytime soon.

I still recommend that anyone looking to transfer consider FA/DB, with OCX and SEA looking at Maguuma.

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

Hello DivineBeing,

Unfortunately that is not true, BG was actively recruiting pvx guilds after Season 1.

FW

T1 is even more of a worse spot now that JQ accept guild transfers. They could have gone the BG route and turned away the transfer requests to servers that need them. I cannot tell you how many guilds we have had to turn away since leagues ended.

Our main competitor accepting more guild transfers is a definite way to start an arms race instead of balancing populations.

[SoX] – JQ

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Fannwong.3059

Hello Smokee,

Thank you for sharing your point of view. I stand on the information given to me.

Do check my post history. I never troll on the forums. Ever. The ex-IRON folks in your guild can attest to that.

FW

Please name your source or I call BS like with the rest of your post. Im not sure if you are trying very badly to troll, or you are just another brainwashed SoR player.

[SoX] – JQ

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

Hello Smokee,

Thank you for sharing your point of view. I stand on the information given to me.

Do check my post history. I never troll on the forums. Ever. The ex-IRON folks in your guild can attest to that.

FW

Please answer my questions.

Q1) When if ever did BG reset a T3 keep in EU prime during the last 4 weeks. According to you we do nothing but pvd T3 keeps during this timezone, so it should be easy for you to answer.

Q2) Who are the EU guilds transfering to BG? Name them, name your source or withdraw your BS.

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: Rawr.5930

Rawr.5930

Some interesting facts regarding the T2 servers.

Accurate as of posting sourced from gw2score.com

AVERAGE PPT of all 3 servers.

TC 242
SOS 255
FA 197

Points NOT from tick for each server (stomps, sentries, yaks)

TC 36.8%
SOS 29.8%
FA 31.5%

Current score

TC 97.7k
SOS 93.4k
FA 73k

Also you can see how much time each server spends on each map, and then infer who dbl teams who, based on actual data – NOT BS opinions of biased individuals.

Kindly explain how the server with higher current score but less average PPT works?

You can infer who plays for fights via points not from tick – not entirely accurate but a decent abstraction.

You can infer coverage from average ppt, or at least which server is the bunker turtle.

I WOULD PAY TO HAVE A POPULATION STATISTIC JUST SO I CAN FACTUALLY DEBUNK BULLkitten POSTERS.

You’re welcome to claim gw2score is 3rd party and not accurate blah blah blah, but please direct me to actual data of higher quality rather than yet another unsourced hearsay opinion – you know who you are.

Meega Kweesta

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Why do balance the tiers posts always turn into BG and JQ squabbling over who’s is bigger with SoR desperately clawing to remain relevant in the conversation. There is no need to derail every thread with this squabbling, please, this thread was productive before this finger pointing and mindless vocal positioning started.

It was simply a pretty good post about how we could have T1-3 balanced and now it’s turned into this. So sad that we can’t have a single productive discussion in this forum without it being hijacked by this kind of behavior.

This thread was mostly affecting T2-3 more than anything to begin with, even if SoR could use some alternate time zone love as well.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Chris.3290

Accurate as of posting sourced from gw2score.com

AVERAGE PPT of all 3 servers.

TC 242
SOS 255
FA 197

Points NOT from tick for each server (stomps, sentries, yaks)

TC 36.8%
SOS 29.8%
FA 31.5%

Current score

TC 97.7k
SOS 93.4k
FA 73k

Also you can see how much time each server spends on each map, and then infer who dbl teams who, based on actual data – NOT BS opinions of biased individuals.

Kindly explain how the server with higher current score but less average PPT works?

You can infer who plays for fights via points not from tick – not entirely accurate but a decent abstraction.

You can infer coverage from average ppt, or at least which server is the bunker turtle.

I WOULD PAY TO HAVE A POPULATION STATISTIC JUST SO I CAN FACTUALLY DEBUNK BULLkitten POSTERS.

You’re welcome to claim gw2score is 3rd party and not accurate blah blah blah, but please direct me to actual data of higher quality rather than yet another unsourced hearsay opinion – you know who you are.

The current match isn’t really seeing any double-teaming. Last week started with a double team on TC, but that eased off as it became clear that SoS was going to take the week.

The actual dynamic is that TC and FA have a long history and rivalry, so if a TC player sees one SoS guy and one FA guy, he’ll probably attack the FA guy (assuming there are no other factors in play).

Tarnished Coast is running more small ops than they have previously and are quite organized about taking bloodlust before a major push. Some of the biggest fights between TC and SoS have occurred with no bloodlust for SoS. I’d be surprised if it hasn’t been the same when they push FA.
That’s a big part (certainly not the only, not disparaging TC) of their stomping score being higher than both SoS and FA.

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Someone on FA forums pointed me at this thread. I will write in bold so you all pay close attention to me. TC and SOS telling everyone how the situation on FA is. Thanks for the morning popcorn. Goes great with my coffee.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Rawr.5930

*snip for brevity

The current match isn’t really seeing any double-teaming. Last week started with a double team on TC, but that eased off as it became clear that SoS was going to take the week.

The actual dynamic is that TC and FA have a long history and rivalry, so if a TC player sees one SoS guy and one FA guy, he’ll probably attack the FA guy (assuming there are no other factors in play).

Tarnished Coast is running more small ops than they have previously and are quite organized about taking bloodlust before a major push. Some of the biggest fights between TC and SoS have occurred with no bloodlust for SoS. I’d be surprised if it hasn’t been the same when they push FA.
That’s a big part (certainly not the only, not disparaging TC) of their stomping score being higher than both SoS and FA.

Accurate as of posting, same source.

Time spent on TCBL

TC: 30%
SOS: 20.1%
FA: 12.8%

Time spent on SOSBL

TC: 14.4%
SOS: 38.8%
FA: 8.5%

Time spent on FABL

TC: 19.8%
SOS: 9.4%
FA: 38.5%

Time on EB

TC: 35.6
SOS: 31.7
FA: 40.2

SOS spends twice the time it spends on FABL in TCBL, FA spends 50% more time in TCBL than SOSBL.

There is unfortunately no statistic for ruins, but via inference bloodlust is either monopolized by TC or many more stomps/sentries/yaks have been taken by TC, there is no readily available data to make a conclusive deduction.

EDIT: Data for this week is based on only 2 days of play, so the numbers may be skewed somewhat, compounded with it being superbowl weekend AND Chinese/Lunar New Year, it is possible that there maybe unseen effects not accounted for.

However, it would be presumptuous to dismiss current data entirely as all 3 servers are affected by said events, barring a disproportionately large SEA/NA presence both event are IMO likely to be of similar effect on TC and SOS, with FA being disproportionately affected to the negative as FA is NA dominant.

Meega Kweesta

(edited by Rawr.5930)

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

DivineBeing.2086

Hello Smokee,

FW

Considering Smokee is the co-leader of 1 of 3 EU guilds, also being the guild that is reliably on everyday. He is also part of the war council which every guild transfer is discussed within their meetings.

So I would say his “point of view” is a much more accurate representation of BG’s current situation than your “point of view.”

Good luck though….

Blackgate

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

I guess people were under the impression that TC were already on par with SoS population since they’ve been bleeding guilds before league. The truth is SoS has been floating between rank 5-10 ever since the exodus of guilds to T1 meanwhile TC has been holding down rank 4 and T2 for a very long time, they’ve even won 6 out of the last 8 weeks since the league, coverage wins and you need population for that and TC has had it. If TC thinks they need guilds then go recruit them, we don’t need to keep hearing your bleeding hearts of how you lost a half dozen guilds, we lost that amount almost a year ago too.

So many people replying and have no idea on the situation, all they had to do was read the SoS recruitment thread. The recruitment thread for SoS has been up for six months with 11k views, so you can throw the trash talk of overstacking for T1 and prepping for season 2 out the window. All the players/guilds that wanted to stay in T1 so badly already left months ago. SoS wants to be in T2 and we want it to be competitive, that is all, if you want to read extra strange meanings over it that’s your problem.

I’ve played in T1 it’s fun smashing megablobs together in open field, but that’s if you have a megablob to match it, I don’t think any of the T2 servers can match T1 still in numbers. BG and JQ can continue to make out with their arms race, as long as the rest of us don’t have to deal with them and they can keep SoR up there as well :P

SoS has had a weak NA daytime for a long time, our OCX will gain us points overnight but we tend to lose that during the day because of our lack of numbers. The new guilds, which is more than we expected to receive at once(we even had a guild leave to FA how shocking!), they will help keep our score and if we manage to get more that’s bonus. SoS is covering a weakness just like any other server should be doing.

This thread was a goodwill thread to direct moving guilds and to help the other servers around us to better round out the competition. We will never achieve perfect balance on populations or coverage, but kitten we can at least point to it and hope others want what we want, excellent fights, closer matchups, and tons of fun.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: stoat.4257

stoat.4257

I think you would all be happier if you played for fights instead of a phony metric.

The trouble is, you have to play for the phony metric to keep the good fights. Less applicable to T1/Solid T2, but if you happen to fall just outside of gold league your fights are going to suck for however long the leagues last.

It’s sad to see a bunch of people who hate ppting ppting just to keep the game fun.

Maguuma

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

DivineBeing.2086

Hello DivineBeing,

Unfortunately that is not true, BG was actively recruiting pvx guilds after Season 1.

FW

And as Smokee stated, name the guilds we “recruited” post season 1? There is even a public thread on BG’s forums where we turned away a French guild. We pointed them to SoR, however they decided to stay on EU.

Blackgate

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Rawr.5930

The trouble is, you have to play for the phony metric to keep the good fights. Less applicable to T1/Solid T2, but if you happen to fall just outside of gold league your fights are going to suck for however long the leagues last.

It’s sad to see a bunch of people who hate ppting ppting just to keep the game fun.

This, so much this.

If ANET wanted to keep wvw fun and bring more people into the gameplay mode, increase player kills rewards and REMOVE the cumulative scoreboard.

Meega Kweesta

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

This, so much this.
If ANET wanted to keep wvw fun and bring more people into the gameplay mode, increase player kills rewards and REMOVE the cumulative scoreboard.

You know what will happen right? it will turn wvw into a giant death match mode, where the structures no longer serve a purpose, because everyone will just take their blobs and smash it into each other endlessly just for the bags.

I guess they’re answering your call though since EOTM is out tomorrow, but that’s going to take players out of wvw not bring them in. Yeah it has a score too but no one is going to give a kitten about it anyways.

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Rawr.5930

I guess people were under the impression that TC were already on par with SoS population since they’ve been bleeding guilds before league. The truth is SoS has been floating between rank 5-10 ever since the exodus of guilds to T1 meanwhile TC has been holding down rank 4 and T2 for a very long time, they’ve even won 6 out of the last 8 weeks since the league, coverage wins and you need population for that and TC has had it. If TC thinks they need guilds then go recruit them, we don’t need to keep hearing your bleeding hearts of how you lost a half dozen guilds, we lost that amount almost a year ago too.

So many people replying and have no idea on the situation, all they had to do was read the SoS recruitment thread. The recruitment thread for SoS has been up for six months with 11k views, so you can throw the trash talk of overstacking for T1 and prepping for season 2 out the window. All the players/guilds that wanted to stay in T1 so badly already left months ago. SoS wants to be in T2 and we want it to be competitive, that is all, if you want to read extra strange meanings over it that’s your problem.

I’ve played in T1 it’s fun smashing megablobs together in open field, but that’s if you have a megablob to match it, I don’t think any of the T2 servers can match T1 still in numbers. BG and JQ can continue to make out with their arms race, as long as the rest of us don’t have to deal with them and they can keep SoR up there as well :P

SoS has had a weak NA daytime for a long time, our OCX will gain us points overnight but we tend to lose that during the day because of our lack of numbers. The new guilds, which is more than we expected to receive at once(we even had a guild leave to FA how shocking!), they will help keep our score and if we manage to get more that’s bonus. SoS is covering a weakness just like any other server should be doing.

This thread was a goodwill thread to direct moving guilds and to help the other servers around us to better round out the competition. We will never achieve perfect balance on populations or coverage, but kitten we can at least point to it and hope others want what we want, excellent fights, closer matchups, and tons of fun.

There were 2/3 posts in this entire thread specifically addressing guilds lost and new transfers, hardly what i would call “keep hearing your bleeding hearts”.

Said posts were a fact based, verifiable reporting (not necessarily accurate) of history, as opposed to the original post (which now appears to be deleted?) which attempts to direct transfers based entirely on opinion.

Barring the thread starter having extensive experience on the bulk of the T2/3 servers, how is he/she able to make informed assessments of the relative TRUE populations of said T2/3 servers?

Like all of us (myself included), all our opinions by definition will be biased, hence it is not unreasonable to assume that being SOS, the original post (consciously or not) will favor SOS.

The distaste for such threads stems from this.

To clarify, i do NOT mean to smear the original post/er and applaud the intent if genuine, however due to recent history of transfers, surely it is not unreasonable for many players from T2/3 servers to look at this with some skepticism if not cynicism?

Meega Kweesta

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Rawr.5930

This, so much this.

You know what will happen right? it will turn wvw into a giant death match mode, where the structures no longer serve a purpose, because everyone will just take their blobs and smash it into each other endlessly just for the bags.

I guess they’re answering your call though since EOTM is out tomorrow, but that’s going to take players out of wvw not bring them in. Yeah it has a score too but no one is going to give a kitten about it anyways.

I should have clarified.

Remove the cumulative score from the scoreboard but track it to rank servers when matching for matchups.

Also,

This is already par for the course, ofc people can claim to be zergbusters blah blah blah or otherwise, but any objective observer would report that ALL servers Tier1 to Tier8 deploy server/map blobs on a regular basis.

The only thing structures serve right now is for groups to retreat into or lean on for siege support.

The issue with wvw is that the cumulative score reflects coverage more than anything else, and this frustrates players regularly. By displaying only the present ppt, and perhaps augmenting that score with scores for point via sentries/yaks/stomps in the last 2/4 hours (for example), could potentially engage players currently in the gamemode more as they would now have additional reference points for their efforts – reference points far more pertinent to their present actions in the gamemode.

Meega Kweesta

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Chris.3290

SoS has faced all of T2 and T3 (not DB, they are new to the party) in positions of both strength and weakness. While there is a tendency to over-inflate enemy numbers, you do get first hand knowledge of some things:
1. Their strong times and weak times
2. Non PuG coverage and at which times
3. The focus and personality of many guilds

Some examples:
TC guilds STUN and ZzZz tend to run large zergs in a highly offensive posture.
FA guild RET tends to be fight focused and often heads for orange swords
SoS guild EP runs independently and often in EBG
Mag’s ARK will only take structures in order to bring a fight to them
SBI’s Abys doesn’t take itself that seriously (quaggan tonic rushes into sieged structures)

Sometimes these observations tend to coagulate into broader statements about the servers as a whole; which most mature individuals realize is not entirely true (usually done for brevity, rather than singling out exceptions).

A nice guy from TC was PM’ing me about this thread yesterday, complaining about ZoD moving in a blob. I was in the middle of a 2v2 roaming fight and my server buddy was from ZoD. Despite the delicious irony of that, I’m sure when ZoD fully invests Bay keep to try and hold it from a multiple guild assault from TC; it probably does seem like a blob.
Nevermind it’s 3 TC guilds of 20 people vs 50 ZoD defenders. So exaggeration sets in.

Also, SoS spending more time in TC; there are two sides to that coin as well. Tarnished Coast seems to move on FA BL when their own BL is secure. After getting many points, they then move en masse to SoS BL. From a PPT point of view, it makes sense to keep TC on the defensive.
Also from a fights perspective, TC offers greater numbers when we have a large float team.
This also frees up FA BL for individual guild groups who want to mix it up with FA’s (increasingly) fight-focused guilds.

Another example, we see the same thing often enough; we know what to expect. I can go on Mos right now and see a lot of claimed camps by TC.

I promise you there are Omegas being built in FA and SoS borderlands for one of their afternoon golem rushes (I won’t say they run like clockwork, but they are a normal feature of the afternoon hours before NA prime).

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

<looks at current score> hoho thats a good one.

Also especially considering that it is well known that BG are still looking for moar guilds.
Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Rawr.5930

Some examples:
TC guilds STUN and ZzZz tend to run large zergs in a highly offensive posture.

ROFL, STUN maxed at about 25 yesterday, ZzZz runs under 20 most times, maxed at 18 yesterday in bay, typically runs 15 or so, ask your EP friends to verify.

In NA raids ZzZz seldom gets more than 15, characterizing this group in particular as running large zergs is incredible misrepresentation.

You sir have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

Meega Kweesta

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Chris.3290

I actually classify 25 as a large zerg, particularly when it’s all one guild. Notice I said zerg, not blob.

STUN appeared to be running ~30 late last night and ZzZz running a hair above 20.

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Rawr.5930

I actually classify 25 as a large zerg, particularly when it’s all one guild. Notice I said zerg, not blob.

STUN appeared to be running ~30 late last night and ZzZz running a hair above 20.

Your counting must be better than /supplyinfo, i stand corrected in your magnificence.

But we digress, the point is that your posts are nothing but unverifiable unsourced hearsay which paints a picture your biases reflect (like every other human being).

It would be nice to for once to see screenshots of your conversations with your friends on all these other servers and how via such hearsay you keep tabs on the goings on and the current state of the subjects of your unsolicited and IMO frankly downright inaccurate posts.

Meega Kweesta

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: zoombi.1498

zoombi.1498

<looks at current score> hoho thats a good one.

Also especially considering that it is well known that BG are still looking for moar guilds.

that’s because they are tremendously outnumbered!
giggles
well outclassed anyways.

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

I BEG OF YOU. Please stop making this a T1 complaint thread. I do not care about BG/SoR/JQ and your Mormon marriage.

Are there any guilds interested in transferring? Please post number of members and timezone.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Chris.3290

Your counting must be better than /supplyinfo, i stand corrected in your magnificence.

But we digress, the point is that your posts are nothing but unverifiable unsourced hearsay which paints a picture your biases reflect (like every other human being).

It would be nice to for once to see screenshots of your conversations with your friends on all these other servers and how via such hearsay you keep tabs on the goings on and the current state of the subjects of your unsolicited and IMO frankly downright inaccurate posts.

I won’t post a screenshot of the conversations because I wouldn’t want to give those people’s names out.

It’s a good rule that you can decrease your enemy’s numbers by 25% and increase yours by 25% (people not on the stack when it’s called). It actually looked like 30+STUN to me, but knowing that rule I decreased it (was only about 15 tops when you first got on the map).
Since it was two different groups, you can only speak to one of them as well; also no counting of PuGs or other guilds.

Either way, why are you so angry? I didn’t call STUN a bag farm or anything derogatory. I said you run a large group (zerg, but zerg is a relative term) that goes on the offense.

So much hurt over a neutral comment.

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Chris.3290

BTW at Roar, this gem is from Traxien who is STUN’s leader on the gw2wvw site:
“And yeah, we’ve been a bit heavy lately, but we’ll be slimming down soon. We usually do best when running about 20-25, but have been in the low 30s lately cause people like the bags and broken wps.”

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Fannwong.3059

Hello Smokee,

I’ve been PMed that you are an honorable man and that you seek to do the right thing for the Blackgate community and the state of T1. I salute you. However I also have information that says BG is doing otherwise. On retrospect, I think these 2 facts are not impossible to coexist. I sincerely wish you the best and I will leave the thread. My sincere apologies to the OP, I did not mean to derail the thread, this will be my last post.

FW

PS: At no point did the original post state that you were ‘pvd’, T3 keeps were not mentioned also. I’ll be honest, I find it odd that the post was inferred as such.

Hello Smokee,

FW

Please answer my questions.

Q1) When if ever did BG reset a T3 keep in EU prime during the last 4 weeks. According to you we do nothing but pvd T3 keeps during this timezone, so it should be easy for you to answer.

Q2) Who are the EU guilds transfering to BG? Name them, name your source or withdraw your BS.

[SoX] – JQ

(edited by Fannwong.3059)

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: Sad Tas.2509

Sad Tas.2509

As someone on FA I can say it unfortunately looks like the server is experiencing a sizable decrease in activity and interest when it comes to WvW.

I have no idea what the guild leaders are doing or talking about in their protected forum but there seems to be little to no coordination among guild groups and no pugmanders in our off hours. Outside of our usual strong NA presence the server is a shell of what it was even a couple of weeks ago.

Honestly TC and SoS you can karma train the kitten out of our BL at all times of the day except maybe 4-9 server time or so. Otherwise there will honestly be no one to stop you, we literally have like 15 people on our TS outside of that time period. I am honestly surprised we haven’t lost our WP on our EB keep yet. Many players on during our off hours have been expressing a growing frustration with the server and lack of activity as well.

Or maybe the growing disinterest and disappointment the WvW community as a whole is experiencing with the game type is hitting FA harder than others. Who knows. Hopefully EotM will breathe some life back in to FA because T2 used to be a ton of fun. Either way, FA has been in this position before and come out on top.

(edited by Sad Tas.2509)

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

There are discussions on the other board in regards to this thread, so pardon me if I blurred the lines in responding to everything.

I think FA is moving to the SoR route and just playing for the fights and bags, they’ve already mentioned that in the other forums, the couple transfers they got from SoR should have sent notice of that too since that’s all they do.

SoS has not been pushing FA as much this matchup, we’ve been more focused on applying and holding back pressure from TC. Meanwhile everyone is going nuts that all of a sudden SoS has a population explosion, and yet we’re still not able to get enough people on to fully defend and push a couple maps. We’ve been floating one force to defend EB and SoS, while TC has zergs parked in each this afternoon. Probably need another week for things to settle in.

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Balance must be top-down. If T1 is a 2-server race it doesn’t matter how close T2 and 3 are, it is going to be upset the instant SoR rolls down and SoS/TC roll up.

SoR has a solid core from being T1 for like a year, plus they have Asian guild*S*. No server with Asian guilds will drop below T3 or so. Take SoS or TC (momentum favors SoS, plus they have the off-hours needed for T1) and strengthen it to a T1 level first, and then we can look at T2 and T3. Chances are an FA/TC/SoR T2 is not going to be that bad, unless SoR completely implodes upon leaving T1.

(Of course what will really happen is everyone will flock to either JQ or BG or something because hurr durr)

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Rawr.5930

I won’t post a screenshot of the conversations because I wouldn’t want to give those people’s names out.

In other words, unverifiable and unsourced no?

Tis easy to claim and attribute hearsay to phantoms in the mist i suppose.

Meh.

BTW at Roar, this gem is from Traxien who is STUN’s leader on the gw2wvw site:
“And yeah, we’ve been a bit heavy lately, but we’ll be slimming down soon. We usually do best when running about 20-25, but have been in the low 30s lately cause people like the bags and broken wps.”

Like your other posts, RAWR here, gross inaccuracies aside, plucking a post from another thread on another forum out of context to bolster a thin argument just make so much sense.

This will be my last reply to you for now (until i get really bored like today, havent been on the forums in months), as i have clogged this thread up with enough data to debunk your unsourced opinions as is.

Have fun and happy new year.

Meega Kweesta

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: Sad Tas.2509

Sad Tas.2509

As someone on FA I can say it unfortunately looks like the server is experiencing a sizable decrease in activity and interest when it comes to WvW.

I have no idea what the guild leaders are doing or talking about in their protected forum but there seems to be little to no coordination among guild groups and no pugmanders in our off hours. Outside of our usual strong NA presence the server is a shell of what it was even a couple of weeks ago.

Honestly TC and SoS you can karma train the kitten out of our BL at all times of the day except maybe 4-9 server time or so. Otherwise there will honestly be no one to stop you, we literally have like 15 people on our TS outside of that time period. I am honestly surprised we haven’t lost our WP on our EB keep yet. Many players on during our off hours have been expressing a growing frustration with the server and lack of activity as well.

Or maybe the growing disinterest and disappointment the WvW community as a whole is experiencing with the game type is hitting FA harder than others. Who knows. Hopefully EotM will breathe some life back in to FA because T2 used to be a ton of fun. Either way, FA has been in this position before and come out on top.

nvm, was jk……looks like even our NA is going down the gutter

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: Dalloway.9853

Dalloway.9853

Luvpie: Enough of this smoke/mirror kitten.

That’s what I said! It wasn’t so hard, was it? You’re not a bad chap Luvpie, you just need to be gently taken by the hand and walked back through the logic of your own assertions, just like mister Chris the match-up pundit here below.

I hope we didn’t ruin your good cheer Chrisie old boy, you do seem a tad grumpier.

Chris: I do hope any of the people who have been complaining at least heard about, if not took part in; TC’s push on SoS in early OCX/very late NA. Two large zergs from ZzZz and STUN, plus about 2 other small groups (PINK and some other guys) just went nuts. Any idiot who thinks/thought TC was over with can take one look at that and know that this match is going til Friday afternoon.
(…)

Ah, further testimonies of synchronized behavior from this pitifully coordinated Tarnished Coast you describe below. These facts man, you keep inviting them to dance and they just don’t listen to you no matter how long you try to spin them.

Chris: Their (TC) internal coordination is pitiful at the moment.
It’s hardly a secret that the only thing holding TC back is disorganization and lack of coordination

Oh Chris, I did try to convince you Tarnished Coast’s community is not weak or disorganized from my first post in this thread:

Hmm, you are talking about the only T2 World that was capable of coordinated overtime and day-long pushes, resulting in the only successful comebacks in Tier 2 since Season 1. All Worlds have room from improvement, but to state TC’s problem is coordination, by comparison with SoS and FA, is a genuinely droll thing to say. Link

Alas, you just kept beating that dead horse.
And yes, I heard about it. In fact, if you yourself were there for STUN’s uncoordinated-with-ZzZz-and-the-PiNK-and-TORK-havoc-groups-late-NA-strikes, I hope you enjoyed the two-three hours your Garrison WP was constantly contested and the hecatomb your yaks were put through and the supply you wasted from your already starved out Garrison on stealth traps, with my compliments. And I was there earlier to help our uncoordinated militia hold our Garrison against the separate SoS and FA attempts made during that rugby match the yanks had going yesterday. And before that, for that other uncoordinated thrust initiated in late SEA and EU by EU and friends that was the first to reduce to kindling the T3 SoSBL on Sunday and took down FA’s Garrison. And previously to this, I was there for the uncoordinated multipronged assault on the T3 Hills in TCBL during Oceanic, when MoM’s havoc built up the Golems while fending off GWAM’s, TS & CB’s pushes all over TCBL, TF’s havoc came in to drive potential scouts off the east side of the map and EU provided the initial distraction at the southern gate and stopped early reinforcements on the bridge, before we ported them up to help us take care of the SoS zerg that finally zoned in when the waypoint opened.

Comrades, brothers and sisters, with hindsight, it’s almost as if these Sunday maneuvers were a dedicated community effort O.o
On the other hand, we know from Chris the match-up pundit’s previously mentioned research that Tarnished Coast is an uncoordinated mess, so that’s that.

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Dalloway.9853)

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: Dalloway.9853

Dalloway.9853

Chris: STUN appeared to be running ~30 late last night and ZzZz running a hair above 20.

Seeing as I am in STUN and I know last night’s supply count, STUN and ZzZz did not have more than 40 guild players put together during their entire time on SoSBL.
But here we arrive at the heart of the problem:

Chris: I actually classify 25 as a large zerg, particularly when it’s all one guild.
(…)
While there is a tendency to over-inflate enemy numbers, you do get first hand knowledge of some things: 1. Their strong times and weak times 2. Non PuG coverage and at which times 3. The focus and personality of many guilds
Sometimes these observations tend to coagulate into broader statements about the servers as a whole; which most mature individuals realize are not entirely true (usually done for brevity, rather than singling out exceptions).

People who employ widely used concepts and words while giving them their own private definition. For example, countries placing the words Democratic Republic before their names, while being under single-party rule. Or, easier to grasp for you over the pond, the word freedom, used by both libertarians and liberals in their speeches while describing completely different lifestyles. But you can’t help yourself, so I’ll continue to cut you down to size every now and then. E.g. since you’re quoting from gw2wvw.net now:

Oh and, when our less articulate players call SoS a blobby community carried by PvD, please take your own advice above and be mature enough to not correct them, they’re only thinking of your Oceanic and are doing it for brevity.

Ta

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Dalloway.9853)

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

I can’t believe some people can spend countless hours posting on such a pointless topic.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

Kitten please,

T1 writes novels on a weekly basis

Commander Nachonix

Let's Balance NA T1-3

in WvW

Posted by: oxo.7869

oxo.7869

PS: At no point did the original post state that you were ‘pvd’, T3 keeps were not mentioned also. I’ll be honest, I find it odd that the post was inferred as such.

You said…

“The EU force that BG has runs unopposed in EU time reducing t3 structures to paper.”

Now, while you never exactly said pvd, I don’t know what else you’re trying to infer with that statement. Unopposed would normally assume PVD.

None of what you’ve said is true, at all, none of it.
There is HB, which aren’t a huge guild either but a small very well respected and skilled mainly EU guild. There are RK a very small mostly EU based guild, and then there’s an older very small EU guild called BAM.
That’s it.

There’s no more than that, that literally is it apart from a handful of EU players spread across other guilds, and I mean a handful.

Very very few NA or SEA players from BG play in EU TZ, very few.

There are massive, and I mean massive map blobs from JQ rolling in EU TZ on nearly every BL and in EB, every single day including weekends.

In fact, if I remember rightly, one of JQ’s very small EU based guilds, NOAH, took BG’s Garrison early last week during EU TZ with no more than 5 people, our T3 Garrison, completely unopposed. We had absolutely nobody playing in EU TZ that day apart from roughly 15 people in EB following a pug commander who transferred over from JQ not so long ago.

You may have only just transferred to JQ from SoR Fannwong, so I’m assuming you’re not doing this intentionally to cause trolling but that you were trolled by someone on your new server (JQ). Try talking with more respected community leaders on JQ before you jump in like this. BG have turned away guild transfers from EU and elsewhere and still do so. Not that I agree with it myself either, personally got sick of all the karma training blobbly blob mcblobs from JQ running riot PVD’ing everything during EU TZ and would have liked to have seen a couple decent WvW based EU guilds taken in to BG to smash JQ’s karma training pvd faces.