Lightbulb Moment - population problem "fix"

in WvW

Posted by: Reigne Irkalla.4768

Reigne Irkalla.4768

Legendary Defenders

Place 1~10+ of them in objectives when a server is outnumbered, on a sliding scale of how many enemies vs defending players.

Please note that I am not suggesting that Legendaries be tossed on when a map is outnumbered by more than one player – more like 5~7+, to be decided by the devs who have access to boatloads of information that they can pull stats and averages from and analyze for trends.

In my opinion it’s an easy-to-implement fix for the population imbalances and would result in more competitive WvWvW, partly because people would be encouraged to work together to wreck those suckers.

Bazinga.

Opinions? Criticisms? Holes in this idea that haven’t occurred to me?

Reigne – Idyn – Ereskigal (IRKALLA) Rex – Giddim – Gilgamesh (NERGAL)
The Eternal Mist [THEM] We are currently recruiting!
Must love dungeons and have a sense of humor – pm me for more info :D

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

If this is your lightbulb moment, I’d hate to see your regular moments.

in WvW

Reigne Irkalla.4768

If this is your lightbulb moment, I’d hate to see your regular moments.

Is that code for me to get my behind back in the kitchen?

For reals though, what about it do you not like?

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Err, Legendary Defenders are invulnerable and one-shot any player. Any objective with one of them basically becomes uncappable by the enemy team, because there is always one friendly inside to stop the cap.

While I do support the idea of badly outnumbered servers getting access to extremely powerful NPC allies (imagine being in a Keep and then suddenly seeing the Legendary Sand Giant striding up to your gates!), those NPCs can’t be absolutely invincible.

in WvW

Reigne Irkalla.4768

kitten I didn’t realize they were invulnerable. Talk about OP.

(I have yet to be smacked by one if ya can’t tell)

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

That actually makes you one of the smarter people in WvW

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawntree.7246

Dawntree.7246

Legendary Defenders

Place 1~10+ of them in objectives when a server is outnumbered, on a sliding scale of how many enemies vs defending players. […] Holes in this idea that haven’t occurred to me?

Besides them being overpower (can be tweaked), what happens if reinforcements arrives?
More: what happens if some one is playing an uplevel that prevents the defenders to spawn?

Population imbalance should be solved by having the same playing force on all the server, not by scaling tricks that could be abused or lead to toxicity between players

And even that, you can’t be sure of balance, but alas this is 24/7 open world. You can’t have balance all the time.

Emanuel Dawntree – Nord Guardian of [TasH] – 9×80
Whiteside Ridge

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Could always stick a few Siegerazers in there. The toughest (actually killable) NPC in WvW is not the SMC lord. It’s razer. Although the EBG grub might be up in the running for that too, maybe throw a few grubs around instead?

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

(edited by Ark Bladesteele.2943)

in WvW

Reigne Irkalla.4768

Legendary Defenders

Place 1~10+ of them in objectives when a server is outnumbered, on a sliding scale of how many enemies vs defending players. […] Holes in this idea that haven’t occurred to me?

Besides them being overpower (can be tweaked), what happens if reinforcements arrives?
More: what happens if some one is playing an uplevel that prevents the defenders to spawn?

Population imbalance should be solved by having the same playing force on all the server, not by scaling tricks that could be abused or lead to toxicity between players

And even that, you can’t be sure of balance, but alas this is 24/7 open world. You can’t have balance all the time.

I would treat all level characters the same. Pop is pop.

Um, sliding scale would handle reinforcements. And wouldn’t completely ruin the lack of balance.

As for abuse, map hopping could be locked for x amount of minutes. Or they could implement “travel time”.

Alas, ANet does not appear interested in adjusting server pops. This post was inspired by this weeks match-up. The disparities are atrocious and simply not fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Could always stick a few Siegerazers in there. The toughest (actually killable) NPC in WvW is not the SMC lord. It’s razer. Although the EBG gub might be up in the running for that too, maybe throw a few grubs around instead?

A blue server could aggro the grub on bravost siegerazer and we can solve “who’s da boss”.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I’m not really a fan of adding more NPCs to WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Seige Razer should just show up automatically at the spawn of any server that purposefully stacks another server. We pay him enough, and he doesn’t work hard enough for what he gets now. So, you stack a server, kill SR then proceed.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

HazyDaisy.4107

This is why you’ll often see them retreat to their spawn, they’re attempting to get you to follow and most that dont know better will. You can get fairly close, but if you’ve gotten too close, you’ll figure it out quick. Test the distance in case you ever need to know.

Sorrows Furnace

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

What happens when a commander map hops and responds to defend? Do the upgraded NPC’s just disappear when the defending team is not outnumbered? do they scale down when more PC’s are in the area of the objective?

in WvW

HazyDaisy.4107

It’s all hypothetical and always will be. Let’s say the NPCS will stop fighting and start crying when the opposing server is suddenly out manned by the defending server again.

Still we can all agree though that those that chose to defend all the time (especially in lower tier servers) really do bare a major burden . Opposition stacks the server either because they can or their own havoc crews have irritated the opposition enough that they push back. But these havoc crews rarely come to help defend when their home bl is outmanned unless they go after something big and by then it’s probably too late. It’s a never ending battle, and the ones that end up getting the shaft are the defenders. Some extra help would be nice especially when you are severely outmanned and there is no one to call. The opposition can activate SR anytime to screw with a server, why can’t the defending server activate him or something else to dissuade purposeful bullying. It wouldn’t take a team of 20 long to kill SR, and it would give defense enough time to prepare for what’s coming their way.

Sorrows Furnace

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

I have often questioned why we don’t have more Seigerazer events in WvW. I know the big worry is the potential problem for server’s to abuse it by suggesting players not log onto the map but in the current state of WvW I feel larger numbers will always trump fewer numbers.

I would love to see the ability for guilds to claim objectives and spawn their own champions in to help defend it, perhaps only if they were currently outnumbered.

Also, the current champions in towers and keeps are really slacking in the scaling department, and could use with a buff in my opinion.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

That actually makes you one of the smarter people in WvW

Agreed. I’ve seen a lot of people just go straight up to them while chasing down a player at their spawn thinking they’ll get out alive. Legendary Defender’s literally one shot you. There’s no downed state, it’s like 100k damage per-hit that goes through both health bars ><. But yeah, don’t ever get within range of one of those guys, blocking, invulnerabilities, it’s not going to save you.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

You can dodge them, it’s basically a rapid fire that hits for a crazy amount. Double dodge and you have a second to move before they attack again. My guild had some fun playing with them a few weeks ago. They take down omega golems in seconds. You can stealth past them and get inside the walls of the spawn in the BLs, but then you get teleported out, but agian if you dodge right you can still get away.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawntree.7246

Dawntree.7246

I have often questioned why we don’t have more Seigerazer events in WvW. I know the big worry is the potential problem for server’s to abuse it by suggesting players not log onto the map but in the current state of WvW I feel larger numbers will always trump fewer numbers.

I would love to see the ability for guilds to claim objectives and spawn their own champions in to help defend it, perhaps only if they were currently outnumbered.

Also, the current champions in towers and keeps are really slacking in the scaling department, and could use with a buff in my opinion.

It should not be PvE or PvE that take the place of a missing “P” in PvP

Emanuel Dawntree – Nord Guardian of [TasH] – 9×80
Whiteside Ridge

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

nah.. just remove EotM and WvW will be back to normal…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Could NPC’s scale in both number and capacity with player population, I don’t see why not. Could that help balance, yes I don’t see why not either.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.