[NA] Silver League: Predicted Rankings.

in WvW

Posted by: bOgz.7263

bOgz.7263

Cant wait to fill up my newly bought bag spaces.

HoD & YB, please be active on SEA primetime

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Looks like HoD’s new NA crew can’t match the experience brought by YB and FA. If those guys stick around though, HoD will become a serious T3 contender

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

Wow a whole bunch of super cool ppl not even in our matchup making assumptions a few hours in. Pls give me ur crystal balls! Such wisdom and keen observation!

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

in WvW

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

I never fully grasped HoD’s zerg numbers until now. Good lord, I have yet to run into a HoD zerg that wasn’t around 50 people. I don’t know how long we can hold out against those numbers.

They have to run those numbers, anything under 2to1 numberswise they get annihilated. It’s crazy how bad some of these groups are.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Fricken unlimited free xfers….. Well maybe FA will have someone to play with……

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Basch.1347

Basch.1347

Seriously, Hordes of Denravi. FA has pretty good coverage OCX/SEA, but HoD has insane coverage. A WPed Bay in HoDBL held out for about 6 hours of endless waves of HoD zergs twice our number though (40+). I was waiting for the time when they’d break, but they just kept coming. Props to TUNE for keeping morale enough to continue pushing us wipe after wipe. Finally lost it though, even after GLOB (with 10) wiped the HoD zergs (plural intended) at least ten times. We’d be running back and forth from N gate outer to S gate outer wiping group after group. Interestingly enough, no BL Gari is WPed in any of the BLs. Only YB’s hills in HoDBL is.

In sum, I think FA and YB can kick HoD’s teeth in time after time during EU/EST/PST, but HoD will gain their points big time in OCX/SEA. Might be a close match-up, but I don’t expect HoD’s numbers to keep up as much after getting wiped so many times. Loving the endless supply of bags though.

FA

(edited by Basch.1347)

in WvW

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

To move the topic away from HoD a moment, I’m really impressed by CD’s late NA/early OCX coverage. Must have queued 2 maps. Put them ahead of IoJ in total points for a few hours. Not sure if this is a reset/weekend kind of thing, or consistent throughout the week, but if you keep those numbers up, you’ll be a real threat to BP/SBI as well.

Second Child

in WvW

Posted by: Ranger Emeritus.2905

Ranger Emeritus.2905

Bodies and bodies and HOD keeps on coming. They will pull ahead in the late night and early morning.

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

The story of every bandwagon server. They deflate when they stop winning.

in WvW

Posted by: kRAVen.4195

kRAVen.4195

To move the topic away from HoD a moment, I’m really impressed by CD’s late NA/early OCX coverage. Must have queued 2 maps. Put them ahead of IoJ in total points for a few hours. Not sure if this is a reset/weekend kind of thing, or consistent throughout the week, but if you keep those numbers up, you’ll be a real threat to BP/SBI as well.

No ques. Not sure if it will last. Been so long since we met a server with skill or class that we all are really enjoying the matchup so far. GL to both IoJ and SoR.

(edited by kRAVen.4195)

in WvW

Posted by: Kill Momma.6127

Kill Momma.6127

Two things about us at HOD… First there was a long period of time where there was no tag in our BL from what I heard, so it was people Map Chatting telling where we were getting hit. Secondly, as I logged off I heard over TS “They are on our keep, get to the keep!!” and I thought we were gone, as that is all we had left. Logged in this morning and we caught up to you guys. What happened, did you go to sleep on us?

HOD [PHZE]
Chemistry can be a good and bad thing. Good when you make love with it. Bad when you make crack.

in WvW

Posted by: chrisabiera.1240

chrisabiera.1240

Two things about us at HOD… First there was a long period of time where there was no tag in our BL from what I heard, so it was people Map Chatting telling where we were getting hit. Secondly, as I logged off I heard over TS “They are on our keep, get to the keep!!” and I thought we were gone, as that is all we had left. Logged in this morning and we caught up to you guys. What happened, did you go to sleep on us?

Yes we did sleep on you.

Courageous Chris | Warrior of Love
Deep Penetrations[DPS] | Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: insaneshadow.1654

insaneshadow.1654

Yes we did sleep on you.

Um… hot?

Gust Root | Letum Folium | Lo Bridge | Snow Spot | Roland East | Nascharr | Bjorn Microbrew
Yak’s Bend
Lincoln Force [BOMB]

in WvW

Posted by: Basch.1347

Basch.1347

We held your (HoD) Gari in your own BL for about three hours, wiping several zergs that tried to retake it, both YB and HoD both. Eventually though, NA logged, and we had to pull back to Bay. HoD’s coverage is simply better for OCX and SEA. We dominate all other time zones though.

FA

in WvW

Posted by: Gundail.7594

Gundail.7594

HoD’s coverage is simply better for OCX and SEA. We dominate all other time zones though.

Can’t rightly blame coverage in the middle of the weekend can we?

Wait, no you’re right. HoD is unbeatable, just line up now and let us execute you for bag drops till the Season is over,

Gundent
Charr Warguardmeznecrotheifrangergineer
[ETA]-HoD or wherever Mega-server-blob who cares anymore?

in WvW

Posted by: shiri.4257

shiri.4257

HOD has a good brazilian crew that runs during EU. that’s where their points are had and pickup. round 12pm-5pm server. not many servers on silver have EU coverage. oceanics are big, but most servers can put up a decent fight during oceanic.

~Kasumei/Machiato
Desert Spectre [VII]-Crystal Desert
“You’re never out of the fight.”

in WvW

Posted by: ceol.9175

ceol.9175

Looks like HoD’s new NA crew can’t match the experience brought by YB and FA.

looks at current score

Uh, what?

Is this proof that most of the folks making WvW predictions pull them straight out of their kitten

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Looks like HoD’s new NA crew can’t match the experience brought by YB and FA.

looks at current score

Uh, what?

Is this proof that most of the folks making WvW predictions pull them straight out of their kitten

A:) The score is currently showing what happened over night, Ocx/SEA.
B:) This is EU Primetime currently, Sure its populated with NA as well over the weekends.
C:) NA Prime generally starts ~3-4PM Server time for the EST peeps.

The more you know!

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

At the moment it 12 pm pacific saturday afternoon. HOD is ticking higher although this lead jumps back and forth between HOd and FA.. This does not suggest it all “off hours coverage” though Hod certainly has an advantage there.

Further to that in week 1 the queues to get into WvW were longer when I got home on reset night on Hod. I had to play on EOTM for hours. When I got home reset night last night at the same time there were no queues on 2 of the 4 Bls. It seems to me a lot of that bandwagon has already left. They likely got all their achievements week one and went back to pve. I suspect we will lose a few more.

Right now as I type this there no queue on the HOD server for the FA BL or the YB Bl. The queue for HOD is 16 and for EB is 27. Last week at this time I could only get into HOD and the others had much higher queues.

This suggests to me CD and NSP were facing larger numbers from HOD on an ongoing basis.

The WvW season is also a grind. One would think a game can not be like work but last season near the end I was exhausted by it. I do not know what it is but I expect a lot of people few the same way in that you just have to go in there for the team or is it just me?

in WvW

ceol.9175

B:) This is EU Primetime currently, Sure its populated with NA as well over the weekends.

The more you know!

It’s Saturday at 12:30pm server time. That’s a pretty heavy NA time, since it’s 3:30pm EDT and everyone is off of school and work. There are plenty of NA folks on right now.

Perhaps the prediction was just… wrong?

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

I never fully grasped HoD’s zerg numbers until now. Good lord, I have yet to run into a HoD zerg that wasn’t around 50 people. I don’t know how long we can hold out against those numbers.

Just wait till leagues are over. Same story will happen to yaks like on s1. They will be stuck in T3 or very close to it and all the pve people will leave. Leaving yaks severely outnumbered.

in WvW

Posted by: dragonrage.8921

dragonrage.8921

Hate to say it but this has turned into a trash talk thread not a predicter thread and should be deleted

in WvW

Posted by: Kobi Beef.3895

Kobi Beef.3895

Hate to say it but this has turned into a trash talk thread not a predicter thread and should be deleted

I agree wholeheartedly, this has become a trash talking thread thread and from what I can see its pretty much the norm for all wvw threads now, most topics become this pathetic mud slinging contest, no one can ever lose or win respectfully or graciously anymore it seems.

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

The more you know!

It’s Saturday at 12:30pm server time. That’s a pretty heavy NA time, since it’s 3:30pm EDT and everyone is off of school and work. There are plenty of NA folks on right now.

Perhaps the prediction was just… wrong?

No, 12:30 PM is EU prime time, NA doesn’t start til later, even if its the weekend. Hence I said a lot of people are on from NA since is the weekend. Through the week, where matches are decided, this is EU prime 5 days>2 days

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

ceol.9175

lmao

FA will win silver based on stomps alone, I’m getting so many bags from your awful server WvW is actually profitable for once.

Dont act like your server is any good because you got a kittenload of free transfers

enjoy your bandwagon while it lasts, because history shows it wont

I’m not even on HoD. Defensive, much? I think you can talk to a therapist about that crippling insecurity.

No, 12:30 PM is EU prime time, NA doesn’t start til later, even if its the weekend. Hence I said a lot of people are on from NA since is the weekend. Through the week, where matches are decided, this is EU prime 5 days>2 days

12:30pm server during weekdays is EU prime time going into NA prime time (when kids get out of school on the east coast.) 12:30pm server on the weekend is a mixture, most definitely not just EU prime time, and most definitely not a reason to ignore how fast HoD climbed up from third place.

(edited by ceol.9175)

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

The numbers HoD are putting up are just outrageous. However, most of them are “recruits” or uplevels it seems, and they are dying in absolutely ridiculous numbers.

It will be interesting to see if they stick around. If they continue to throw that many dead bodies at everyone, I could see them taking first place. I suspect the morale will break though.

Been some fun couple of days so far.

Edit: I should add their morale is irrelevant if they’re karma training, so any downtime in their opponents coverage will be bad.

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

in WvW

Posted by: Garig Nack.5739

Garig Nack.5739

I agree wholeheartedly, this has become a trash talking thread thread and from what I can see its pretty much the norm for all wvw threads now, most topics become this pathetic mud slinging contest, no one can ever lose or win respectfully or graciously anymore it seems.

I agree as well. People need to stop with the trash talking and respect others. Win or lose. Its a game we all enjoy. A little banter here and there is fine, there’s something to be said about server pride, but trashing each other is pathetic.

My guild and I had a blast last night in FA’s BL. There were good fights all around. We got to see what higher ranked servers bring to the game but most importantly we got to see what we can improve upon.

I want to thank the guild groups on FA’s BL for bringing fun fights and a chance for us to learn and improve. You showed us our flaws and we need to adapt. I don’t care about the bags or the stomps. I care about good fights and learning to be a better player.

(edited by Garig Nack.5739)

in WvW

mango.9267

Here’s a thought: could FA maintain the lead over HoD on stomps/sentries alone? If FA held at least 1-2 bloodlust at all times and stomped 100-200 HoD every 15 minutes (over all 4 maps), HoD could tick ~100 PPT higher and still not catch up.

From observation, it seems HoD has been ticking higher since OCX/SEA, but still hasn’t overtaken FA. Not sure if this is from stomps or what.

Second Child

in WvW

Posted by: Sean.8274

Sean.8274

Going to throw my 2 cents in here:

I predict FA beating HoD due to their experience fighting at these levels and superior tactics. On reset last night, HoD, YB, and FA probably queued all 4 maps. I know HoD did. Since player numbers were equal across the board for the first few hours, the leader of the reset night is clearly the superior strategist (as a server).

HoD is not used to fighting in higher tiers; the HoD you see has been honed in Bronze league and most of our (big) transfers come from either Bronze or bottom Silver. There is a different play style at this level that we as HoDians have not yet melded into our strategy. Unless we can adapt quickly, we will not be able to keep up with FA in the season. This week will be a close match because of our (apparently) superior coverage, but FA has the superior tactics… as far as I can tell that is.

I am not saying HoD cannot pull it off, but from what I saw last night we need to improve as a coordinated server rather quickly. If we win this week it will be from coverage, not because we are better. If we win, I would rather it be for the latter.

Lucy Ursa~80 Guardian | Worf Rozhenko~80 Warrior | Vera Valentine~80 Mesmer | Cupcake~80 Engi
King Arcturus X~80 Ranger | Suki Serra~80 Thief | Count Charon~80 Necro | Regulus Leo~80 Ele
HoD since launch

in WvW

Posted by: Maugrem.7608

Maugrem.7608

Ehhh…a win is a win. We play for net result. Pride dies in the first loser (second place).

Maugrem Moorgraves Ex-Nimue Nightshade (DAoC- Roisin Dubh)
An Epic 80 in every flavor (Five Thousand Finishers)

in WvW

chrisabiera.1240

Yes we did sleep on you.

Um… hot?

Nah. literally we do not have coverage during that time. I did not mean to seem hot. HoD is no joke. Their Coverage is 24/7 although FA has more experience the coverage is really killing us. This week is going to be one tough week for both FA – HoD – YB.

in WvW

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

Going to throw my 2 cents in here:

I predict FA beating HoD due to their experience fighting at these levels and superior tactics. On reset last night, HoD, YB, and FA probably queued all 4 maps. I know HoD did. Since player numbers were equal across the board for the first few hours, the leader of the reset night is clearly the superior strategist (as a server).

HoD is not used to fighting in higher tiers; the HoD you see has been honed in Bronze league and most of our (big) transfers come from either Bronze or bottom Silver. There is a different play style at this level that we as HoDians have not yet melded into our strategy. Unless we can adapt quickly, we will not be able to keep up with FA in the season. This week will be a close match because of our (apparently) superior coverage, but FA has the superior tactics… as far as I can tell that is.

I am not saying HoD cannot pull it off, but from what I saw last night we need to improve as a coordinated server rather quickly. If we win this week it will be from coverage, not because we are better. If we win, I would rather it be for the latter.

YB was the one who didn’t have the numbers, well the first ~hour or 2 we had the 3 borderlands queued but ebg was off on queue. But after that time we barely had a single queue, and were outmanned in ebg.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

in WvW

chrisabiera.1240

I agree as well. People need to stop with the trash talking and respect others. Win or lose. Its a game we all enjoy. A little banter here and there is fine, there’s something to be said about server pride, but trashing each other is pathetic.

My guild and I had a blast last night in FA’s BL. There were good fights all around. We got to see what higher ranked servers bring to the game but most importantly we got to see what we can improve upon.

I want to thank the guild groups on FA’s BL for bringing fun fights and a chance for us to learn and improve. You showed us our flaws and we need to adapt. I don’t care about the bags or the stomps. I care about good fights and learning to be a better player.

Cheers to you my friend! thank you for bringing us good fights as well. If WvW was like this everyday I would probably be playing more often.

in WvW

Posted by: TheLargeUnit.2793

TheLargeUnit.2793

Wow, had some great fights today with FA in EBG. While both sides had multiple wipes, I believe FA came out on top. Just too many tanky people with you guys. Anyway, I had tons of fun and I look forward to the rest of the week.

Achmed Afro Thunder ~ Six Ft Pole Achmed ~ Dharok The Ravenous
Long Live [ASAP] Zerg: The greatest guild that ever was or will be.

in WvW

Posted by: Delune.4817

Delune.4817

HoD you guys have lots of numbers and coverage, but you lack experience in fights. Thanks for the challenge! We love bandwagon servers.

Commander All The Delune, Fort Aspenwood
Guild Leader of [TK]
“FA, stomping bandwagons since 2012….”

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

HoD has late NA and some SEA it looks like. HoD will wake up in the morning feeling kitteny… And then the other boot will fall.

Don’t you ever get tired of making inaccurate predictions?

You’re not half as wise about other servers as you think you are.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

I need to eat my words. Holy kitten HoD good stuff.

Love getting proven wrong on stuff like this.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

(edited by Reverence.6915)

in WvW

Posted by: ConcernedParent.2198

ConcernedParent.2198

FA-HoD- Yak matchup going as expected. At even numbers, FA and Yak’s spanking HoD; then twilight time hits and HoD’s coverage making up some serious lost ground. FA still respectable in the day, but Yak’s casuals/PvErs all throw up the white flag and now Yak’s getting rolled.

(edited by ConcernedParent.2198)

in WvW

Posted by: Oxalis.3084

Oxalis.3084

They have to run those numbers, anything under 2to1 numberswise they get annihilated. It’s crazy how bad some of these groups are.

I dunno, every yak’s bend fight I’ve gotten into I don’t even take damage and you all tend to fall over instantly. And I’m not talking about some outnumbered fight. We had a commander with a bunch of pugs @ na and kept wiping a full guild group on our bl. I never had a boon stripped or my health go below 90%. I’ll have fun getting bags from you for the rest of the week.

in WvW

Posted by: Laylie.5703

Laylie.5703

FA-HoD- Yak matchup going as expected. At even numbers, FA and Yak’s spanking HoD; then twilight time hits and HoD’s coverage making up some serious lost ground. FA still respectable in the day, but Yak’s casuals/PvErs all throw up the white flag and now Yak’s getting rolled.

FA was only ahead by 1500-2000 at one point which was during our biggest downtime on HoD late EU early NA. FA and YB are both putting up good fights. And its currently about 4 am est Yaks had a 30 man group FA maybe 35-40 and us not many more so its really not that un even at this point.

Good fights though tonight looking forward to the rest of the week.

|Biggus|QT|Jade Quarry|

in WvW

Posted by: Djamonja.6453

Djamonja.6453

5:00 AM server, HoD ticking 415, YB 245, FA 35. I believe that is game, set, and match? Coverage is king.

in WvW

mango.9267

5:00 AM server, HoD ticking 415, YB 245, FA 35. I believe that is game, set, and match? Coverage is king.

This looks a lot more like double team than just straight up coverage. Not sure if it’s intentional or what, but kudos to HoD and YB for maintaining it.

Second Child

in WvW

Posted by: dragonrage.8921

dragonrage.8921

Seriously Anet please delete this thread its turning into trash talk central and if anyone wants to know where some forums are that are designed for this type of trash talk go here. http://www.gw2wvw.net/

As for your “predictions” its too early in the season to accurately predict anything. Let the numbers talk and soon enough we’ll know who will be king once a few more matches have taken place. Other than that just play its a game whoever wins in essence gets nothing but pixels and in game tokens anyways.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Seriously Anet please delete this thread its turning into trash talk central and if anyone wants to know where some forums are that are designed for this type of trash talk go here. http://www.gw2wvw.net/

As for your “predictions” its too early in the season to accurately predict anything. Let the numbers talk and soon enough we’ll know who will be king once a few more matches have taken place. Other than that just play its a game whoever wins in essence gets nothing but pixels and in game tokens anyways.

Anet don’t delete this thread. This is a thread that gives heart to the seasons. It helps us stay excited about WvW and this season. We can make predictions and keep up with whats happening even when we aren’t in game. Its like Fantasy Sports or filling out your bracket for March Madness.

And there aren’t that many bad posts in here – and just a couple that could be considered deletable. So if you must, just delete those couple and let the rest of us have fun. I even deleted my own posted in fun but might start trouble post.

(edited by Johje Holan.4607)

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

No double team so far. YB just turtled during ocx and hod went for fa. We actually hit HOD more, as they have higher pop and easier targets.

in WvW

Posted by: TitaniumDog.3054

TitaniumDog.3054

No double team so far. YB just turtled during ocx and hod went for fa. We actually hit HOD more, as they have higher pop and easier targets.

Very true. If you look at the map on mos.millenium, fa and hod are all red, while YB is blue. Don’t really know what YB is like during OCX but HOD looks to be fielding 2-3 40 man zergs at this time plus a fair chunk of roamers and what not.

in WvW

Posted by: Tom.8029

Tom.8029

During the early morning, maybe like from 4-8 eastern time, not sure exactly when, FA’s part of EB was blue (Yaks Bend), while FA’s home borderland was completely Red (Henge of Denravi) while HoD’s BL was completely red and YB’s BL was completely Blue; as well as their respective corners of EB. So they aren’t touching each other but are both touching FA. Double team.

I don’t deny it’s part of the game and is a good tactic when 1v1 is a tough situation, but it is indeed happening, or at least was in that point in time.

Primordial Dragons [Drgn]
Fort Aspenwood Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

Is pretty obvious YB and FA only attack HoD mostly. Make sense from FA fighting for the first place, but idk about YB.

The perks of WvWvW instead of WvW. And they wanna make this tournament “competitive”…

in WvW

Posted by: TitaniumDog.3054

TitaniumDog.3054

During the early morning, maybe like from 4-8 eastern time, not sure exactly when, FA’s part of EB was blue (Yaks Bend), while FA’s home borderland was completely Red (Henge of Denravi) while HoD’s BL was completely red and YB’s BL was completely Blue; as well as their respective corners of EB. So they aren’t touching each other but are both touching FA. Double team.

I don’t deny it’s part of the game and is a good tactic when 1v1 is a tough situation, but it is indeed happening, or at least was in that point in time.

FA’s part of EB never got completely blue. During another one of HOD’s attacks on FA keep, YB swooped in and briefly took Klovan, Golanta and Jerr. FA keep on EB is still WP’ed. It wasn’t really double teaming, more opportunistic caps.

in WvW

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

Lol if your sensitive to comments then you prolly should just stick to pve, pvforum is the only balanced competitive thing.

Fa come on now brahs. Hullo? You claimed you wanted to be in gold so that you wouldn’t have to face roll for 8 weeks. You should be reveling in the thought of a 2v1 not complaining. Hullo? Prolly the only match up in silver to give your Zerginess trouble

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –