Next evolution of WvW is: Orders warfare

in WvW

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

Imagine.

W v W v W becoming,

Vigil VS Priory VS Whisper.

Welcome to Guild Wars 2 new three faction based warfare
That order you joined, becomes who you represent for WvWvW now that is awesome.

Think about it, it preserves the 3 way style of matches while solving the coverage and population issues.

We can only dream.

Thoughts ?

in WvW

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

It’s exploitable. If i have for ex 3 characters each entered in one of the orders i can easily change inbetween them and debalance the fight.

in WvW

Posted by: Edelkirsche.9836

Edelkirsche.9836

And you have to have played your Story that far which – for me – only my Guardian has done.

Susan Ryneheart | Little Sumsel
Officer of Leaping Knights [JUMP] (Fissure of Woe)

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Whispers would be stacked because for some reason, a lot of players think the buffoonish Tybalt is wonderful.

Story only requires going through level 30.

Make ‘em live through at least the finish of Trahearne’s story arc. By then they will really be ready to kill anyone and everyone.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

in WvW

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

Whispers would be stacked because for some reason, a lot of players think the buffoonish Tybalt is wonderful.

Story only requires going through level 30.

Make ‘em live through at least the finish of Trahearne’s story arc. By then they will really be ready to kill anyone and everyone.

By then they would’ve quit the game out of boredom

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Kurzicks vs luxons. Welcome in gw1

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Latinkuro.9420

It’s exploitable. If i have for ex 3 characters each entered in one of the orders i can easily change inbetween them and debalance the fight.

Not really,

Think about it, they can allow you to swap orders once !

And after that all characters on your account will belong to that one faction.

There problem solved

You wanna swap faction after this ?

you’d need to delete all your characters and start fresh.

EDIT

2nd thought, put an item in the gem store called:

“Alignment reset coin”
This item allows you to change your allegiance to any of the three orders in the game.
warning: alignment can only be changed once every three months

(edited by Latinkuro.9420)

in WvW

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

That would make this game a flawless communism that would leave even Stalin speechless.

in WvW

Latinkuro.9420

Kurzicks vs luxons. Welcome in gw1

That was factions warfare, my Orders warfare would be an evolution of that

in WvW

Posted by: Edelkirsche.9836

Edelkirsche.9836

Not really,

Think about it, they can allow you to swap orders once !

And after that all characters on your account will belong to that one faction.

There problem solved

You wanna swap faction after this ?

you’d need to delete all your characters and start fresh.

How would that happen then, in the Story of a new character.
“We see your ancestors already decided that you want to use the shield-device to rescue the kids from the risen. Thank you for joining our order.” ??

Susan Ryneheart | Little Sumsel
Officer of Leaping Knights [JUMP] (Fissure of Woe)

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Doesn’t make any sense lore-wise.

in WvW

Posted by: Nadha.6097

Nadha.6097

oh please beware!
I do not like this idea at all.
1) it does not fit the lore
2) I do like this game to be free of fractions as one of not so many
3) no one should be forced to do Living Story to WvW (I did the low level parts on different chars and with friends to try out all the options and it was fun but stopped with the order stories. you can only do them so many times…I am allergic to apples by now )

(edited by Nadha.6097)

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

rather have timmed inner fight in the server ending the WvWvW mode, there are several castles in tyria that look abandoned, also Atlas could be a system like the LS to add new maps to the world that Tyria belongs

-no overflows
-each server was a stanalone server
- no more QQ ?

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

Server V Server is more unique, and creatures stronger ties than being simply in the same faction (that you can transfer from. Not to mention “order warfare” has loads of problems like completely destroying the lore (remember, these 3 factions are allied atm in lore and probably will continue to be for the living world).

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Latinkuro.9420

Server V Server is more unique, and creatures stronger ties than being simply in the same faction (that you can transfer from. Not to mention “order warfare” has loads of problems like completely destroying the lore (remember, these 3 factions are allied atm in lore and probably will continue to be for the living world).

oh please beware!
I do not like this idea at all.
1) it does not fit the lore
2) I do like this game to be free of fractions as one of not so many
3) no one should be forced to do Living Story to WvW (I did the low level parts on different chars and with friends to try out all the options and it was fun but stopped with the order stories. you can only do them so many times…I am allergic to apples by now )

The lore of the living world is separate from the mist for a good reason.

The mists are not bound by any lore anything and everything can happen.

remember the mist is not tied to time or space in any way, shape or form.

It is literally a carte blanche for the developers to tinker with anything.

example of how this order warfare could work in the mists

Because of scarlet’s intrusion into the mists, the very fabric of it’s construct has become unstable, the mists war front has been moved 1000 years into the past before all the orders of tyria were united against the dragons.

As a result of this there’s conflict between all the orders, they are now locked in eternal battle and struggle for dominance over the rest.

who will you represent ? who will you join ? whose cause is just and right ?

pick a side and drive the rest under your rule.

For honor, for glory for the (insert order name here)

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

It’s a form of AvA. And you choosing your side would be the first thing you would do, the same way you choose your server nowadays. And the same as the server, it would be bound to your account, not your toons individually.

Personally, I don’t really care the name of the alliances, as long as they implement AN AvAvA system.

[HUE]

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

The idea would work as long as it wasn’t done in the same way the OP has layed it out.

Allow players to pick each time they log on what faction they’d like to fight for.. at least then guilds won’t have a problem running together. Create multiple instances of each map and you have a winner.

One can’t argue it would be lopsided either because given the maps only hold 100 per team and now that the numbers aren’t just based off one server but the entire player base. You’d almost guarantee to have multiple instances of each map qued at once. Far more even this way

Edit – If they also instituted an objective based system that also awarded war score (just like random quests happen in PvE except these would be PvP based in WvW), it’d make it much more interesting.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

No thanks, if this means I have to endure PvE in order to choose who I’m fighting for … I want nothing to do with it. Also I’m sure guildies have chosen different paths which is an issue.

in WvW

Latinkuro.9420

No thanks, if this means I have to endure PvE in order to choose who I’m fighting for … I want nothing to do with it. Also I’m sure guildies have chosen different paths which is an issue.

easy fix mate.

all they have to do is allow you to choose your order at the character creation screen and make it part of you biography.

there problem solved.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Doesn’t solve the guildy issue unless your proposing they just wipe the slate clean and let everyone re choose. What if 1 guildy picks the wrong order ?

If all I had to do was choose at creation then meh sure why not but I would be concerned about the guild part of things.

I suppose guild leaders could choose an order to rep, which would default all guildies to that order when they are rep’ing that guild but then you would have the issue of people in multiple guilds rep’ing different orders.

in WvW

Posted by: Kamui.3150

Kamui.3150

Order selection should be a purely story/RP based choice, having it affect WvW is a bad idea in so many ways.

in WvW

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

this is big nonsense…

The orders aren’t enemies, they are allies. Theres absolute zero reason for them to fight against each other and due to this, this here will never happen as it makes completely NO sense at all.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Because of scarlet’s intrusion into the mists, the very fabric of it’s construct has become unstable, the mists war front has been moved 1000 years into the past before all the orders of tyria were united against the dragons.

Please never undertake a career as a writer.

in WvW

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

AvA is a bad idea for guild wars. We saw this with EoTM. Why people still can’t get this is something I will never understand.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

AvA is a bad idea for guild wars. We saw this with EoTM. Why people still can’t get this is something I will never understand.

With the exception that EoTM seems to draw more casuals who could care less about PvP and more about karma training.

Now transfer that same idea into WvW but not fill it with actual WvW players and we have a whole different ball game.

Question is (as I see your from BG), what do you prefer, rolling over someone with superior coverage, or having even fights whenever you log on?

in WvW

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

With the exception that EoTM seems to draw more casuals who could care less about PvP and more about karma training.

Now transfer that same idea into WvW but not fill it with actual WvW players and we have a whole different ball game.

Question is (as I see your from BG), what do you prefer, rolling over someone with superior coverage, or having even fights whenever you log on?

Yes, I am on BG and I am proud of it. Its about good fights and rival guilds.

Which AvA would completely destroy. It all boils down to numbers. It is impossible to fit all the WvW plays on to four maps. That is why we had serves to start with.

Solution add mega severs with EoTM style play? At that point one has to wonder what would be the point? I can spend an hour putting up siege and scouting Hills and then someone says in TS. Hey we lost hills on BGBL. I am like huh? I am standing in it. And they respond with. On this instance/overflow we have.

Why did EoTM turn into that style of play? Sure rewards helped, but lots of instances and overflows were the real issue and random severs every week meant no TS for the server to rally around so it turned into a huge karma train.

Either we do overflows which would suck for WvW and trying to hold or defend anything or we have several different alliance maps based on Tier, one gold one silver one bronze or whatever. Which if we do that what is the point of doing AvA to start with?

Overflows = Bad for WvW. And AvA would need overflows. I think that should be pretty cut and dry for most people.

Edit: Don’t get me wrong. I understand why people ask and what people are trying to do. But Overflows in WvW are not the answer.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

(edited by Talyn.3295)

in WvW

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

^yeah, no overflows…but you could open all the maps that we have now and move servers into 3 factions. No orders, but maybe 3 new factions.

As far as changing factions, keep it the same as we have now. Choose a faction, play. Swap a faction, lockout for current match…begin again next match up.

As far as having ts or other server wide chat programs for WvW, you could always have battlegroups. Borderlands and EB1-8 = TS server 1, Borderlands and EB 9-16 =TS server 2 so on and so forth. Could go smaller. Then in game could set up commander channels with passwords if one battlegroup needed to call in help from another. (actually would have to allow for players to create their own chat channels like the multitudes of other MMO’s out there).

@ OP, I’m not opposed to a 3 factional system. Just don’t want those factions to be vigil / priory / whispers.

(edited by Akari Storm.6809)

in WvW

Latinkuro.9420

Please never undertake a career as a writer.

I wouldn’t lol ! it is just a thought.

@ OP, I’m not opposed to a 3 factional system. Just don’t want those factions to be vigil / priory / whispers.

They can come up with new factions for all I care, as long as it remains AvAvA

Allow players to pick each time they log on what faction they’d like to fight for.

allowing players to swap alliance each time they login defeats the purpose of the system itself.

just need a gem store item, that allows you to reset your alliance affiliation once every 3 months or so.

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Imagine.

W v W v W becoming,

Vigil VS Priory VS Whisper.

Welcome to Guild Wars 2 new three faction based warfare
That order you joined, becomes who you represent for WvWvW now that is awesome.

Think about it, it preserves the 3 way style of matches while solving the coverage and population issues.

We can only dream.

Thoughts ?

No, No, No, No.

I don’t want the EOTM experience to move to WvW!

MY server is MY server.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security