PPT or Bags?

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Posted by: albotelho.2931

albotelho.2931

I see a lot of drama talk on WvW chat about people that play for PPT and those that play for Bags and Fights only…. I see commanders arguing about it with one another along with the players the follows then… and a great division is happening at least is what I feel on SoR.

The majority of guilds and their commanders on SoR play for the fights and bags, I can say that people who cares about PPT and defending and sieging stuff are the minority here.

I myself prefer the fights, I play for PvP and sieging stuff, scort dollies, scouting is boring to me… but I also like to win, the server competition to see who is better so although I think it is little bit boring to care about PPT I also feel that sometimes I need to do something to help the server get more points… maybe if ANET changed the PPT system and rewards but it is an old discussion.

What I would like to know is how is it going on right now on the other servers?

Turig Wolfsbane Norn Guardian
Rangrorn Charr Necromancer
Ultimate Legion [UL]

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

At first i was playing for the PPt but game design is so bad i only care about bags atm, if a tower castle is lost dont care will have a drop on recovering it back and a chest, for some there are karma trains in WvW, thise grouops choose empty borderlands to rush champions on towers/keep, then wait for the other server to recover their stuff and repeat the process, this is how WvW is being played.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

PPT.

From what I have seen is a server only starts to play “for fights only” when they are so badly beaten they don’t even want to try.

I think every server has commanders that have that for fights mentality. I miss the days when you were considered a bad commander for heading to the opposite side of the map to follow orange swords when you don’t even own the keep on your side of the map. Or when you see both server fighting in one corner of the map but not capitalize on it by capping stuff on the other side of the map.

You know, forcing the home bl server to fight 2v1.

However, you get a bunch of whiney servers getting beat so bad they start “playing for fights only” and scurtinize those who don’t (even though they are playing the game as intended). Thus promotes this “too cool for PPT” group because there will always be more losing servers than winning.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

PPT.

From what I have seen is a server only starts to play “for fights only” when they are so badly beaten they don’t even want to try.

I think every server has commanders that have that for fights mentality. I miss the days when you were considered a bad commander for heading to the opposite side of the map to follow orange swords when you don’t even own the keep on your side of the map. Or when you see both server fighting in one corner of the map but not capitalize on it by capping stuff on the other side of the map.

However, you get a bunch of whiney servers getting beat so bad they start “playing for fights only” and scurtinize those who don’t (even though they are playing the game as intended). Thus promotes this “too cool for PPT” group because there will always be more losing servers than winning.

Spoken like a true Blackgate zerger
On the other hand, you could be winning so badly you don’t want to bother with PPT and just want fights, which perfectly describes me and a lot of my server.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Posted by: fett.9573

fett.9573

PPT.

Or maybe they realize the only reward for winning is a chest with some greens in it. The reward is such that some servers might not care who wins or loses.

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

PPT.

What a horrifying view in the ppt mentality, I know that there are people in blackgate that do not share this mentality so please people dont take it at face value

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

albotelho.2931

PPT.

I understand why you would say that, it really sounds like an excuse, but in the case of SoR it has been like this since a long time ago, even when we were winning some T1 matchs.

When we were in a better shape and could fight BG and JQ there were more of a balance between people that fight for bags and those that fight for ppt, because both sides were happy, we had good fights and could hold a good part of the points, but now SoR cant hold or dont want to hold the points anymore… the current idea is let then take the tower and get it back later for more loot and karma…

As I said I really play for the PvP, I roam most of the time in havoc groups or alone. The PPT is not my main concern, but I also dont ignore it completely, many times I have spent my play time helping sieging, protecting camps and even scouting… it is not my favorite stuff to do but I also like to help the server… and if I can havoc with a small group in place that helps the PPT why not?

I just wanted to know what is the situation on other servers, for what I see when I play BG is very tactical, you rarely see a BG tower or keep without a scout so I consider that you guys play more for the PPT than the bags, JQ looks like the same. But I have no idea about the other tiers.

Ultimate Legion [UL]

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

PPT only shows coverage Nothing to brag about.
the amount of bags just shows how much better at fighting we are compared to the enemy.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Posted by: skiazo.4759

skiazo.4759

Being on Blackgate I don’t play for PPT I play for the fights and the organization within my guild. We usually run ungtagged unless we are looking to recruit. To us a structure is something you poke to incite a fight we don’t care about setting up defensive siege but a good open wall defense of hills or bay is always fun. It’s a mentality thing nothing else some prefer the PPT play and some prefer the fights. I don’t see where one or the other is wrong they just are what they are.

Armoury Guild leader Zero Negative [ZN]
www.zn-gaming.com

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

PPT all the way, the fights itself are only a nusiance for me.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

I play WvW in GW2 the same way I played RvR in DAoC and Warhammer Online: strategically.

That means I play for PPT.

And usually not in a zerg.

I’d be playing for PPT no matter what server I was on.

PPT allows my 4-man swat team to make a contribution without having to be part of a zerg (this is a recording).

I play PvE for bags. (Precursor dropped 3 days ago from a fish in the lake in Gendarran doing the PvE daily). (Our 4-man team “warms up” doing quick runs through a couple of explorables. )

If I want to play for fights I have 3 choices: back to a team FPS game, SPvP or GvG. Won’t do GvG because I won’t ever be in a guild large enough to have those huge free for alls.

Btw, we DO enjoy those small skirmishes we have from time to time. We are not opposed to fights, just not our first focus.

PS: see thread for some suggestions/discussions regarding PPT: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/If-you-could-change-the-scoring-mechanic

Agree, there is no right or wrong. Just preferred playstyle.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

I understand why you would say that, it really sounds like an excuse, but in the case of SoR it has been like this since a long time ago, even when we were winning some T1 matchs.

How do you think SoR even got to T1? How do you think you won over servers that still play for ppt? You didn’t even get points for just fighting until they put the bloodlust buff in, even then you’d think they would run away with points from stomping but they don’t. There were people that cared about server competition and played for points as well, you get fights along the way anyways unless you’re pvding. SoR has this mob mentality now that the entire server is just for the fights, trying to turn themselves into another magummy.

Rall wants to think they’re special and they let people play how they want, at the same time they only play to fight and think that’s how they win. The reality is every server lets their guilds play however they want, but they tend to have a healthy balance of both types of players. The Rall elitist keep campaigning for the fights, that will drive away their ppt players and eventually their pugs from wvw or even the server, hell even some of their for the fights guilds already jumped ship.

The more I hear Rall shouting out that they only play for the fights, the more it looks like an excuse that they can’t compete anymore, even more so since the season when they tanked. What, they think they’re the only server to face coverage odds? pfft.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

albotelho.2931

The more I hear Rall shouting out that they only play for the fights, the more it looks like an excuse that they can’t compete anymore, even more so since the season when they tanked. What, they think they’re the only server to face coverage odds? pfft.

Never said we got to T1 by focusing on bags only. What I said is that focusing on fights has been the the major let me say “slogan” of SoR a long time ago before we started to loose all matchs. Of course we could get to T1 because of PPT as server rank is based on PPT.

But you are right we are probably loosing our PPT focused players and guilds, I am not integrated to our guilds politics, I am not even an officer in my guild, so I can not say that for sure only from what I read on forums, hear on server TS and read on wvw chat. So we might be going down to tier 2 soon.

And yes I also think there is no right or wrong on playing for bags or ppt, people should play the way they like.

Ultimate Legion [UL]

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Posted by: JahRo.6432

JahRo.6432

I play WvW in GW2 the same way I played RvR in DAoC and Warhammer Online: strategically.

That means I play for PPT.

And usually not in a zerg.

I’d be playing for PPT no matter what server I was on.

PPT allows my 4-man swat team to make a contribution without having to be part of a zerg (this is a recording).

I play PvE for bags. (Precursor dropped 3 days ago from a fish in the lake in Gendarran doing the PvE daily). (Our 4-man team “warms up” doing quick runs through a couple of explorables. )

If I want to play for fights I have 3 choices: back to a team FPS game, SPvP or GvG. Won’t do GvG because I won’t ever be in a guild large enough to have those huge free for alls.

Btw, we DO enjoy those small skirmishes we have from time to time. We are not opposed to fights, just not our first focus.

PS: see thread for some suggestions/discussions regarding PPT: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/If-you-could-change-the-scoring-mechanic

Agree, there is no right or wrong. Just preferred playstyle.

“Blackgate: PvE: 48 alts, 21 lvl 80’s. WvW: Elementalist. Go figure.”

lolololol

Morn [BFF][VLK]
Maguuma
(Insert other useless !@#$ here)

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

The logic goes that if you go for the fight; the PPT should follow.

It’s different in every situation and every fight. Enemy runs a 40 deep blob and you got 20? Go for PPT and hope that the 3rd server does as well; splitting that blob and getting an even fight.

“For the fights” guilds should coordinate with PPT focused groups for the best results. Open field guilds setup at North Hills while PPT ops take Hills from the South; and so on.

When a server says “we don’t PPT and we make fun of those who do”; it sounds like they are scared to try anymore; as if getting another 3rd place is going to break them.

Just as bad is a server that wholly commits to PPT as a way of life. Having 3 people on arrow carts on every piece of owned real estate is not fun for most people.

A healthy server just let’s every guild play their way; and doesn’t call out other guilds for pursuing whatever play-style (or even mode for PvX and PvP groups) they enjoy.

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

I think fighting for PPT would be much more motivation , but unfortunately this is true:

PPT only shows coverage Nothing to brag about.

Unfortunately, the situation with playing for bags isn’t batter, as this is not true:

the amount of bags just shows how much better at fighting we are compared to the enemy.

Many bags for your group only means that many people hit each target (weakly) with AoE. E.g. if you wipe every 2nd 40 vs 40 fight you end with 40:1 kills/bags per deadth

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Posted by: zoombi.1498

zoombi.1498

PPT.

silly baggate, buy more scrub guilds pls we need more crap green loot.

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I myself prefer the fights, I play for PvP and sieging stuff, scort dollies, scouting is boring to me… but I also like to win, the server competition to see who is better so although I think it is little bit boring to care about PPT I also feel that sometimes I need to do something to help the server get more points… maybe if ANET changed the PPT system and rewards but it is an old discussion.

What I would like to know is how is it going on right now on the other servers?

Play for both, some of the best fights happen over objectives. As someone who recently transferred off SOR one of the issues was playing for open field fights to the exclusion of everything else.

Its not an excuse its genuinely the focus for the major guilds, and they didn’t tank in S1 they were overwhelmed.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Posted by: Epsilon Atreides.3816

Epsilon Atreides.3816

I’ve played on a mid-tier server since the game came out, the same one, and have weathered the ups and downs. My opinion is you need a balance between the fight/PPT mindsets or several things can start happening.

I started off like most people, focused on PPT, joined a PPT-focused guild and spent a lot of frustrating time upgrading keeps, flipping camps, etc. I then went more to roaming for a while and joined a guild that did zerg-busting and GvG.

I play on IoJ, which spent a couple months getting beat down at the bottom of Silver during season 1. So, on a server that had historically been more focused on PPT, people had to find other ways to keep interested, generally I think people began to focus more on the battles (fights) instead of the war (PPT).

Focusing on fights is a great way to get through a hopeless match-up, but there really needs to be a collective understanding on the server when shifting focus away from defending, otherwise your guilds that build your waypoints for you and other nice things will pack up and move to T1/T2.

Also, completely abandoning PPT activities will also generally abandon any rebuild efforts you may need to do on the server. As mundane as those activities may seem after all this time, they’re also simple things that help get new people into the game. The turnover in the mid-to-lower tiers necessitates keeping some focus on this or your server will simply bleed-out experienced wvw’ers over time.

The other extreme is being too PPT-focused. In which circumstance you develop a bad case of the fairweathers. A server running a karma train on your nicely upgraded stuff can cut your population to a third or a quarter of what it can be on a good week. That kind of instability is another short-cut to an exodus, and because of the overwhelming odds that it can lead to, the fight-oriented guilds face potentially boring fights if the numbers become too lopsided due the fairweather drop-off.

So, while either of these views can be fun, depending on the player. There really needs to be a mutual understanding between the two sides on what happens when you run into a really difficult week. PPT guilds need to understand sometimes a good defense is good offense, and that on some weeks, the upgrade game is a lost cause. When facing a lost cause in terms of PPT, have a plan to use the week to practice other things in wvw.

Fight-oriented guilds need to keep in mind that fights can be found on almost any map. Responding to calls in your BL before the enemy gets a strong foothold can potentially save you time in the long-run and allow your guild more freedom to map hop through the week. The waypoints your PPT counterparts build allow you to get to your targets faster, and the siege they maintain protects your map mobility.

tl;dr – it takes both for a server to be successful, however you measure success. Showing a mutual respect makes the game more fun for both sides, the fighters and the PPT players.

Epsilon
Mag/FA

(edited by Epsilon Atreides.3816)

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

idc about bags. I play to pvp and to get better at my characters. winning wvw doesn’t do anything for you or your server besides make it so the next weeks matchup is even harder than the last (if you advance in ranking).

karma training zergs only exist to give enemy zergs something to do while us roamers can have fun in solo or small group fights.

CD

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Posted by: dandamanno.4136

dandamanno.4136

I don’t think the two are mutually exclusive. I play for both.

I hate being steamrolled in an uneven fight even if I get some bags or we are ahead in PPT.

I enjoy good fights even if we lose and I get no bags and are losing in PPT. But I like it better if I get some bags and it earns the server some extra PPT.

I like winning better than losing, but not if it means karma train.

So basically, I like bags, I like PPT, I like good fights. All at once. As each gets taken away I have less fun.

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I have fun even if my server has poor ppt but there are fights to be had.

I don’t have fun when my server is steamrolling others.

So I guess I play for bags. I play for fun, and the pvp is what I find fun. The ppt is just a way to provoke fights, to me.

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

It depends. Sometimes you go for the fights and sometimes for the PPT.

Typically, it is PPT the first half of the week and then fights after the matchup is decided. Of course, if your server knows the matchup is over from the start, they might just look for the bags all week.

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I know when we’ve gone for PPT, there is rarely a lack of fights (I don’t care what time of day, you knock down an outer garrison door; you’ll have a fight.

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

If a servers goal is to win rounds & climb the ranks you need to play for PPT.

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

I play both for fights and PPT. Caring about PPT/your server winning aspect adds more depth and strategy to the game mode and gives me a greater purpose than just killing other people. However playing only for ppt at the expense of no fights (e.g. pvd or actively avoiding fights) is boring and also not fun.

So overall I feel the RvR mode gives the most fun when you have a balance between the two. Fights without any caring for PPT can get repetitive and you get better fights in other game modes anyway (e.g. spvp, gvg, LoL etc). PPT without good fights is just not fun.

Also I feel caring about PPT does not always mean winning the PPT war for the whole match-up since it is mostly decided by coverage. It is more about caring for objectives and your server performance during the time you play.

Blackgate Engineer

(edited by Reslinal.2359)

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

I couldn’t care less about ppt.
I still cap stuff and prevent captures, but I only do so to get fights and annoy the zergers.
I prefer my server to be losing a match up badly than winning, I always get better fights that way.
don’t really care about loot bags either.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

The percentage of posters in this thread from BlackGate is lol
“OOooooOoHHh PPT discuss!!!!!!

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

In general if you set out to play for PPT, the bags will follow. Go hit something, the fights will follow. Defend a keep/tower/camp, you’re ‘playing for ppt’ but getting fights and bags. There’s no need to really shun one style over another, but I can see why just being like ‘screw this, we can’t compete with our numbers, so let’s just farm bags’ can appeal to some folks. I enjoy good keep takes/defends, it’s a whole lot of fun. I love the strategized, long-siege on keeps. It’s good fights, good bags AND ppt.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

“We’re too cool for PPT”
The anthem of the losing server.

To each their own, everyone plays differently.

~Tarnished Coast~

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Its not an excuse its genuinely the focus for the major guilds, and they didn’t tank in S1 they were overwhelmed.

No they tanked, the first week they worked with BG to hold JQ off to third place, by midweek BG turned around and made sure Rall stayed in second and not challenge for first. Then when week two came BG got one guild midweek to coincide with a 20k point comeback, all of a sudden SoR major guilds were no where to be found and the pugs floundered and left because no one was around to lead them.

Ever since then certain Rall players have poured on the “we only play for fights” mantra. Hey that’s great for you but no need to drag the rest of your server down with that, imagine what the other players who do more than just fighting feel about having to carry them, when they only care to stuff their bags with loot.

Like I said they think they’re the only ones that face overwhelming odds every day? for a long while T1 was the only balanced tier, most of the others were blowouts. The table got turned and they no longer liked sitting there anymore, too bad for them it will take some time for them to tumble down the rankings.

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Posted by: Typhus.3502

Typhus.3502

Fiiiights. PPT is about the objectives, and honestly half the fights we get are at objectives. We regularly port back to defend towers and keeps (guaranteed fights) , because it beats running around till you happen to find something, so in that sense we do our part for the ppt. With that said though, the score hasn’t mattered to me for weeks, all I look for in WvW these days are good fights with my guild. Let me emphasize the fights part, bags and rewards are irrelevant.

[TW] Pumped

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Bags.
I will never understand why people play for ppt. There are to many broken mechanics against it. To each their own I guess.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Fiiiights. PPT is about the objectives, and honestly half the fights we get are at objectives. We regularly port back to defend towers and keeps (guaranteed fights) , because it beats running around till you happen to find something, so in that sense we do our part for the ppt. With that said though, the score hasn’t mattered to me for weeks, all I look for in WvW these days are good fights with my guild. Let me emphasize the fights part, bags and rewards are irrelevant.

But with so many congregated on a single server that care about ppt, maybe there might be a lack of people to play against?
Maybe there should be a tier 0 where folks can just pick a door to stand over for the week and get awarded a finisher to stomp mobs with?

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Bags.
I will never understand why people play for ppt. There are to many broken mechanics against it. To each their own I guess.

Just another goal for wvw players to use, much like achievements which I see as being totally pointless, but some people like doing them.
To each their own.

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

morrolan.9608

No they tanked, the first week they worked with BG to hold JQ off to third place, by midweek BG turned around and made sure Rall stayed in second and not challenge for first. Then when week two came BG got one guild midweek to coincide with a 20k point comeback, all of a sudden SoR major guilds were no where to be found and the pugs floundered and left because no one was around to lead them.

You’re on SOS……………. nuff said.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

DivineBeing.2086

But with so many congregated on a single server that care about ppt, maybe there might be a lack of people to play against?
Maybe there should be a tier 0 where folks can just pick a door to stand over for the week and get awarded a finisher to stomp mobs with?

Lol, the hate is strong in this one.

Can anyone guess why RET ran away from tier 1? Lets just say I cannot remember a time that RET wiped a guild….

Carry on though.

Blackgate

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Posted by: zoombi.1498

zoombi.1498

Can anyone guess why RET ran away from tier 1? Lets just say I cannot remember a time that RET wiped a guild….

Carry on though.

has baggate ever managed to win an open field fight where they didn’t outnumber the opposition by two or three times their number? ever? that’s y u stacked up so hardcore lol

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

I have an account on SoR, I played on both during leagues.
>.>

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

DivineBeing.2086

Carry on though.

has baggate ever managed to win an open field fight where they didn’t outnumber the opposition by two or three times their number? ever? that’s y u stacked up so hardcore lol

And have you ever even faced or been on BG? If you did you would know the answer.

Hint: You can’t win without fighting. And you can’t win without capping. No matter how hard people try to emphasize capping = win.

Blackgate

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

morrolan.9608

>.>

Well then you’re playing an entirely different game to me. I saw SOR being overwhelmed by numbers I hadn’t see before (and I had been on SOR since March last year), I saw the pugs losing morale and not logging in as a result (albeit also with some mistreatment by some (not all) guilds) and I saw the WvW guilds still coming out but not putting in overtime cause there was no point.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

(edited by morrolan.9608)

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

>.>

Well then you’re playing an entirely different game to me. I saw SOR being overwhelmed by numbers I hadn’t see before (and I had been on SOR since March last year), I saw the pugs losing morale and not logging in as a result (albeit also with some mistreatment by some (not all) guilds) and I saw the WvW guilds still coming out but not putting in overtime cause there was no point.

then decided to jump ship

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Good fights. PPT is a pointless coverage fight and it’s not even very fun (Musical towers? I’ll pass.)

IDK why you’d care about bags either, if I wanted to farm like a drone I’d go to PvE

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Posted by: katanah.8431

katanah.8431

Being on Blackgate I don’t play for PPT I play for the fights and the organization within my guild. We usually run ungtagged unless we are looking to recruit. To us a structure is something you poke to incite a fight we don’t care about setting up defensive siege but a good open wall defense of hills or bay is always fun. It’s a mentality thing nothing else some prefer the PPT play and some prefer the fights. I don’t see where one or the other is wrong they just are what they are.

I have to also say you guys are fun to fight. I fought along side ZN on TC and in JQ fighting against you, you guys still have that same ‘goodfight’ mentality.

Have to say most of the time tho its playing for the fights.. but not completely ignoring the ppt. Those hitting objectives and defending sometimes bring on the best fights anyway.

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

When a matchup simply cannot be won because there is a server that can tick 500+ for at least 4 hours of every day while your server has no more than a handful of players running around desperately trying to flip a camp or two to not be completely zeroed out, what is left but to play for fights and bags? What good is strategy? What good is tactics? Other than making a “we’re better than you” video to post in the matchup thread they simply don’t matter. So show up to engage on the battlefield and prove your metal – aka playing for fights bags.

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Posted by: dwahvel.7356

dwahvel.7356

How do you think SoR even got to T1? How do you think you won over servers that still play for ppt? You didn’t even get points for just fighting until they put the bloodlust buff in, even then you’d think they would run away with points from stomping but they don’t. There were people that cared about server competition and played for points as well, you get fights along the way anyways unless you’re pvding. SoR has this mob mentality now that the entire server is just for the fights, trying to turn themselves into another magummy.

Rall wants to think they’re special and they let people play how they want, at the same time they only play to fight and think that’s how they win. The reality is every server lets their guilds play however they want, but they tend to have a healthy balance of both types of players. The Rall elitist keep campaigning for the fights, that will drive away their ppt players and eventually their pugs from wvw or even the server, hell even some of their for the fights guilds already jumped ship.

SoR has been about fights since 2012. Since we lost 17 straight matches against BG and GAINED players. Since waaaaay before we even made it to t1 for the first time. Tell me what ppt guild would join a server who lost 3 straight months of matchups. Oh that’s right no one. SoR never had to bribe guilds to come over, it was always about fights.

I know so many commanders that are just plain burnt out trying to siege t3 stuff with a map blob hiding inside with 3-6 acs pointed at the choke points. Being outmanned during late na/ocx/sea has been the norm here for a long time. We had our time at top of t1 but frankly it was boring because the fights disappeared.

I’ll take my bags and kills over ppt/winning anyday.

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Normally I’d say you should play to win.

But since PPT is such a terrible scoring algorithm and anything you do is meaningless unless you have a night crew then you might as well just play for bags.

Until the scoring system is made a little fairer there’s no point in playing for points.

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Oh ok the JQ guy is on another level from me even though I have accounts on SoR and SoS. I didn’t jump ship, I play on the server that’s having a lot more fun at the moment and that’s SoS. After leagues I was hoping SoR would return to being normal, but even more crap came up so whatever, keep your blinders on SoR and stand behind that stupid slogan.

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

DivineBeing.2086

When a matchup simply cannot be won because there is a server that can tick 500+ for at least 4 hours of every day while your server has no more than a handful of players running around desperately trying to flip a camp or two to not be completely zeroed out, what is left but to play for fights and bags? What good is strategy? What good is tactics? Other than making a “we’re better than you” video to post in the matchup thread they simply don’t matter. So show up to engage on the battlefield and prove your metal – aka playing for fights bags.

If that is the case than either that server or your server is in the wrong tier. And if you are talking about Dragonbrand (and I know you are) than you should be able to roflstomp them in all other timezones except for Oceanic.

If they can beat you 3 out of 4 timezones than once again either you or them are in the wrong tier.

Blackgate

PPT or Bags?

in WvW

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

I came to the game to play for PPT. Within two months of release I decided the only way to enjoy myself was to either a) ignore PPT all together or b) transfer to servers with enough off-hour population to compete (ie server stack to T1).

I went with option A.

That said, a lot of folks post about being ‘for the fights’ but then play the game in a way that is nothing about competitive fighting, just blobbing.