Perplexity Engies, Um Hello Devs?

in WvW

Posted by: Arkanfel.8403

Arkanfel.8403

Why do people keep saying that +150 to stats is “broken.”

Look at banners. Banner of Strength gives you +170 to Power and condition damage. Banner of defense gives you +170 Vitality and Toughness. Banner of Discipline dishes out more DPS than banner of strength does.

Are banners broken? Are people “too hard” to kill when they’re within banner range? I mean really now this is just getting silly.

The orb buff is not broken. Stop complaining about it.

Err, those are abilities that take up slots…. but besides that, it’s not that +150 to stats makes people overpowered, it’s that WvW already suffers from stat power creep from PvE, and this just adds to it, then will get even worse with ascended armor, it’ll get to the point where the balance is absolutely out of whack or the entire way fights are handled changes in a negative way.

See, now this I can agree with.

I was reacting more to the general sentiment that the buff is hugely and obviously broken by itself. I realize that an activated skill and a server-wide buff aren’t mechanically comparable, but the stat buff itself is. With the banner comparison, I’m trying to point out that most of us have probably already fought people with +170 to 2-5 stats and it’s not game-breaking.

Sarabi “the Roaring Fury” Aminata

(edited by Arkanfel.8403)

in WvW

Posted by: Noobie.1073

Noobie.1073

Ark – I agree with you for what it’s worth. For as long as I can think of, WvW was not meant to be “balanced” to begin with. If you wanted more “balance” and “equality” go play sPvP/tPvP where there’s no buffs, foods, armor stats, etc. Playing with the the stat buff is not too different from fighting against an opponent who uses foods and utilities like crystals/stones/oils. I for one have not experienced much change in my ability to die or kill an opponent because of the buff. If anything, people with the buff tend to play a little more sloppy/careless because they have the “buff”.

ICD on perplexity runes would be fine. I honestly think the perp runes work really well on all builds, but for professions with lots of stuns/interupts/launches/etc, I can definitely see why these runes can get nasty real fast. An ICD on the 6/6 upgrade will definitely tone it down and allow for a more “challenging” battle rather than getting stacked for 25 confusion only have it re-applied once it’s removed. I honestly just run from perp engis and mesmers. It’s not worth the fight because you can’t really fight back. It’s like fighting someone with perma-rataliation, you end up killing yourself.

I Cha Cha I – Mediocre Ranger at best
Mao Xiong – Worst Warrior GW2

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

bring some condition remover

Few classes have enough removal to handle builds that specialize in interrupts. We already see it in duels, these runes are seriously powerful allowing bunker classes to almost keep up with DPS in near GC builds.

This rune set not having an ICD on the level 6 ability was a mistake.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

in WvW

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

Stun warriors

/end thread

Pretty much. I currently have an interrupt warrior that I feel dirty when I play her, but not really. Saw one guy in a zerg I stomped/hammer burst/juggernaut into and he had 12 stacks of confuse. Did not feel a bit guilty about doing it, either.

in WvW

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

I love the “bring condition removals or stability” suggestion that the exploiters of these broken runes are spouting. I have to either go full condition removal utilities or go stability. All having long cool downs and not enough to stop the easy interrupts. 8 second balanced stance on 40 second cool down and 8 second dolyak signet on a 60 second cool down? LOL. Even condition removals are not good since there will be other conditions stacked on top of the confusion.

Runes are broken. It needs a big cool down and duration reduction. Anyone defending it just wants a crutch for their class.

I’ve tried them on my condition thief and spamming headshot is SO EASY it’s hilarious. My engineer was invincible with these. I removed the runes on both because I know it needs a nerf.

in WvW

Posted by: ThaOwner.7560

ThaOwner.7560

Look at banners. Banner of Strength gives you +170 to Power and condition damage. Banner of defense gives you +170 Vitality and Toughness. Banner of Discipline dishes out more DPS than banner of strength does.

Are banners broken? Are people “too hard” to kill when they’re within banner range? I mean really now this is just getting silly.

no surprise coming from an sor player.

Tybstra| Everything Purple [EP] | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

if you see a warrior drop a bunch of banners down then you see a free loot bag, its like a signet warrior but 10x better.
as literally anything will kill him since he has 0 utilities.

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

if you see a warrior drop a bunch of banners down then you see a free loot bag, its like a signet warrior but 10x better.
as literally anything will kill him since he has 0 utilities.

It’s also an analogy that only an idiot would find relevant since you could always just bring your own banner warrior to “balance it out” if it’s that good. If the other side has a three orb advantage you can’t bring your own three orbs to balance it out.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

Arkanfel.8403

no surprise coming from an sor player.

Again, the imbalance that is endemic to the lower-tier matchups may be magnified by the orbs, but they are not the root cause. Those matches are imbalanced because of population/participation/coverage discrepancies. To hear some people talk about the orb buffs, you wouldn’t realize that those matches have been imbalanced for months already.

All I’m saying is that it isn’t some monumentally impossible task to kill someone with orb buffs, and I strongly suspect that many people have spent more energy complaining about the buff than actually playing the game and observing its effects.

in WvW

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

Noobie.1073

Ark – I agree with you for what it’s worth. For as long as I can think of, WvW was not meant to be “balanced” to begin with. CUT

I keep seeing this statement, over and over again. So if Wvw isn’t suppose to be balanced, i would like a.net to Un nerf thieves mesmers and eles.

in WvW

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

Everyone knows they are OP as kitten, I would be extremely surprised if the developers didn’t.

I am not sure why they remain in the game in their current state, it really is kittening ridiculous how long they’ve lasted at this point.

Get them gone ANet, it’s WAY past kittening time

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

two 3x bloodlust thieves using condi specs and perplexity runes. I went at these guys 4 times and this last time was the best I could do after figuring their game out.

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Having spent time using perplexity runes now on my Mesmer I have to agree that the 6/6 bonus is far too strong. The boost to confusion duration and the on-crit proc are great and make confusion application more efficient as they should, but the interrupt bonus is just too much. At present, I am simply ruining people with these runes. An ICD on the interrupt bonus would be wise, but personally I’d like to see the interrupt bonus replaced with something else.

Before they are nerfed though, I recommend that everyone at least gives them a go. They’re pretty hilarious

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Atiar.5469

Atiar.5469

Surely if the bloodlust buffs are so strong you just need to get them once as a lower population server, then you are invincible because your entire server can 1v2 or 1v3 everyone.

I agree with arkanfel. This reaction to the orb buff is over the top. You can kill someone with 3 stacks just as easily as you always could, if you die, you were probably going to die anyway. The stacks just make you feel good.

To make another point, do you realise how many uplevels ate running around with no pathetic gear and no runes? why dont you demand that wvw should be like spvp in regards to gear.

If the main issue is really that it makes servers with high numbers stronger, I don’t think this necessarily has to be the case, especially of the server likes to zerg. You can grab the orb buffs with a few small well coordinated group, defend it from roamers until zerg decides to hit you, then your smaller zerg can hit a tower on the other side of the map

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Look at banners. Banner of Strength gives you +170 to Power and condition damage.

Because this buff stacks on top of that.
Because banner effects limited players in a limited area, not everyone everywhere.
Because Banner is a player choice, you slot Banner or you slot another ability.

Ark – I agree with you for what it’s worth. For as long as I can think of, WvW was not meant to be “balanced” to begin with.

I guess if thats your argument for orbs to be fine, then i guess we shouldnt complain about Perplexity runes either.
Afterall, WvW isnt suppose to be balanced. I guess we can throw in some more silly things then.

How about this, we let Engineer blow up walls with their bomb kits. Like, 3 or 4 good hits should do it.
Ow and there will be a new Trap. If it triggers, ALL ENEMIES WITHIN 3000 DIE. It also awards 1point per kill.
Afterall, WvW isnt meant to be balanced and that according to some translates into “hey lets kitten up the balance of WvW even more”.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Terrible argument. Your allies did not get those banner buffs for free. They cost skill slots.

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

Christ, you guys are thick.

i tottally agre wit u man. like if everyon brout full sig builds they cn have like +180 to THREE stats.

thats like orbs.,.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

Look at banners. Banner of Strength gives you +170 to Power and condition damage.

Because this buff stacks on top of that.
Because banner effects limited players in a limited area, not everyone everywhere.
Because Banner is a player choice, you slot Banner or you slot another ability.

Ark – I agree with you for what it’s worth. For as long as I can think of, WvW was not meant to be “balanced” to begin with.

I guess if thats your argument for orbs to be fine, then i guess we shouldnt complain about Perplexity runes either.
Afterall, WvW isnt suppose to be balanced. I guess we can throw in some more silly things then.

How about this, we let Engineer blow up walls with their bomb kits. Like, 3 or 4 good hits should do it.
Ow and there will be a new Trap. If it triggers, ALL ENEMIES WITHIN 3000 DIE. It also awards 1point per kill.
Afterall, WvW isnt meant to be balanced and that according to some translates into “hey lets kitten up the balance of WvW even more”.

Dude, no. I can see like maybe 200 bombs to destroy the door, maybe 1000 to whittle down the giant wall, but 4? No. Also give the mortal elite the ability to damage the walls while you’re at it.

Everyone would build that kitten trap in every tower, every camp, every keep, build them everywhere. Just a bad idea.

in WvW

Posted by: offence.4726

offence.4726

These runes need a serious nerf , it’s bad enuff we are stuck in this heavy condi meta.

play hard , go pro.

in WvW

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

A simple Fix: change the 6/6 to increase confusion damage by 25%.
Though if they want to add a cool down to 6/6 then they MUST at least fix the duration bug as far as i can tell it still has not been fixed.

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

It’s OP in 1v1s but kitten in 1v2+

They need to add an ICD of 10 seconds, that’s all.

in WvW

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

There needs to be no ICD. You know what we need? A massive nerf to warriors, necros, and guardians. Those are so easy to spam and get results that it, apparently, points to a lack of success after having a whole year to test and balance on a live game. I hope I’m not being too harsh. (I’m talking wvw, I don’t tpvp because I have no time for that commitment).

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Perplexity runes need an ICD on the 6/6 bonus, and the condi duration needs to be decreased. It doesn’t matter whether or not my opponents bring condi removal because I can stack confusion on them faster than they can remove. As long as they’re attacking me (even autoattacks), there’s something for me to interrupt and drop another stack of long-lasting confusion. Heck, they stack confusion even when they attack me, due to the 4/6 bonus. What the runeset actually does is boost my survivability by a ton, because my opponent needs to slow his attacks down a lot to avoid having one of his skills interrupted.

It’s easy to think you’re outplaying your opponent because you’re interrupting his skills, but the fact of the matter is that interrupting is stupidly easy to do, since even autoattacks can be interrupted.

^ This dude knows what’s up. It turns defensive skills into offensive + defensive skills. They are so strong in their current state that people build around them. It needs an ICD and a duration reduction (and removal of the +15% Confusion duration for the 6/6 wouldn’t be out of line either tbh).

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

I ran them on mesmer and engi, and recently got rid of them when I won a 5v1 on mesmer.

My permanent 15 confu stacks totally outplayed them all, right?

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in WvW

Terrahero.9358

Dude, no. I can see like maybe 200 bombs to destroy the door, maybe 1000 to whittle down the giant wall, but 4? No. Also give the mortal elite the ability to damage the walls while you’re at it.

Everyone would build that kitten trap in every tower, every camp, every keep, build them everywhere. Just a bad idea.

But WvW is already unbalanced, and not designed to be balanced. So according to some people its fine to unbalance it even further.
These changes i suggested are entirely reasonable according to that “logic”.

in WvW

Arkanfel.8403

ITT: people can’t (or refuse to) understand basic comparisons.

Many, many posters on these forums seem to be talking about the orb buff as if +50-150 to your stats is game breaking BY ITSELF. Yes, I know banners require the use of a skill slot. Yes, I know they don’t effect everyone on the entire server. Yes, I know they stack with existing buffs, like orbs or divinity runes. No, none of those things demonstrate that having a 50-150 stat deficiency/advantage against your opponent is “broken.” Deal with it.

(edited by Arkanfel.8403)

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Many, many posters on these forums seem to be talking about the orb buff as if +50-150 to your stats is game breaking BY ITSELF. Yes, I know banners require the use of a skill slot. Yes, I know they don’t effect everyone on the entire server. Yes, I know they stack with existing buffs, like orbs or divinity runes. No, none of those things demonstrate that having a 50-150 stat deficiency/advantage against your opponent is “broken.” Deal with it.

And yet, this topic isn’t even about the Bloodlust buff, though here you are arguing it.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in WvW

Arkanfel.8403

And yet, this topic isn’t even about the Bloodlust buff, though here you are arguing it.

The OP explicitly calls bloodlust buff “broken.” My criticism of that premise is fair game.

in WvW

Terrahero.9358

The OP explicitly calls bloodlust buff “broken.” My criticism of that premise is fair game.

Actually he merely made a jab at Bloodlust, an opinion, but the main focus of this thread is the balance concern of the Perplexity rune’s.
So you’re taking something someone jammed in as nothing more but a lash-out and derailing the thread in that direction.

We honestly dont need another perplexity thread, we know the runeset is broken. But considering people seem to believe unbalance in WvW seems just dandy and Anet seems to think so too. I guess we wont see a nerf to perplexity anytime soon.

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

I ran them on mesmer and engi, and recently got rid of them when I won a 5v1 on mesmer.

The runes are so powerful, you don’t even need a main-hand weapon.
http://youtu.be/umKuvv_d-4o

in WvW

Posted by: Kashijikito.1864

Kashijikito.1864

You never need a mainhand weapon to kill an up level. Heck I can kill one with utilities alone.

Kaz Bloodclaw, The Bell Tolls, Kaz The Spaz
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Yes, anyone can kill players that don’t know what they are doing. You did no real damage to them, they killed themselves.

in WvW

Posted by: Asuka Shikinami.5462

Asuka Shikinami.5462

Add a 15 or 20 second ICD on the 6th effect like other runes have. No other set is so build defining or allows so much abuse. If these were available in pvp they would have been changed immediately…

Anet can you fix the confusion duration buff as well please, it doesn’t give any additional confusion when it’s supposed to give 30%…

After I’m elected, bribing me will be considered a “gold sink”
- John Smith

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Galwrath.9302

Lord Galwrath.9302

Add a 15 or 20 second ICD on the 6th effect like other runes have. No other set is so build defining or allows so much abuse. If these were available in pvp they would have been changed immediately…

Anet can you fix the confusion duration buff as well please, it doesn’t give any additional confusion when it’s supposed to give 30%…

That’s the thing though. By keeping them in WvW they are effectively ruining small man roaming, so that people who enjoy that will be forced to move into esportPvP

Kristal Dessertz
[NA]

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

You kinda need condition removers, melandru, and lemongrass to even think about dueling a perplexity condition spammer atm. Even then you’ll probably still lose.

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

because banners effect an entire server across 4 maps right? lawl

Point stands. People are talking about the buff like it makes enemies into some kind of unstoppable killing machine. It doesn’t. If you’ve ever killed anyone who had banners down—or better yet, banners + divinity runes—then congratulations, you killed someone with a bigger stat buff than the orbs give.

Really? Banners affect 2 stats, take 1 slot on your skill bar, and don’t move with you everywhere you go… By that logic, +150 all stats are like a whole second utility bar.

If you’ve ever killed someone who had a personal banner buff warrior, grats. Skillz are still skillz but that’s a massive advantage. If zerging is all you do, it might not be as apparent.

ON topic: perplexity runes need a 10-15 second ICD.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

(edited by Zephyrus.9680)

in WvW

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

It took me 5 minutes using them on my warrior to know they are broken.

“We are gathering data and will determine if these runes are overpowered. We need more data”

collecting data

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

in WvW

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

I main Engineer, I have since launch. Once perplexity came out I was like “hmmm I wonder what this does"

The events that proceeded went from “oh my this is fun!” to “I think this may be unbalanced…” to “I better check if this is an exploit. I don’t wanna get banned.” finally to “no point in getting used to this, they’ll get nerfed any day now.”

I have literally destroyed people while they were just trying to clear my conditions. If you use them on your Engineer and don’t think they’re insane, you’re not doing it correctly…

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

That simple solution has been suggested many many times. Either the dev team disagrees with the OPness of the runes, or they will implement it in the next balance update. I can’t honestly imagine that this is going to be ignored.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in WvW

Posted by: Hollywood.3490

Hollywood.3490

Perplexity isn’t broken. Just think of it just like of playing a staff guardian, which requires you to run in circles and press 1 only, or a hammer warrior, where you press AA 5 times and go for earthshaker.

Ok, maybe that was an exaggeration. Think of perplexity as of playing a zerker longbow ranger, running behind frontline specced heavy armor classes with CC capabilities and gibbing people from 1500 with Rapid Fire.

+

Being completely serious. Someone posted a good answer earlier on. Running P/P Perplex is very good in 1v1 situations, but 1v2 is completely harmless.

Johnny [TCHU]

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

It took me 5 minutes using them on my warrior to know they are broken.

“We are gathering data and will determine if these runes are overpowered. We need more data”

collecting data

In fairness your 5 mins is more time spent then entire dev team combined.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

It still absolutely baffles me that confusion on the whole (and glams in particular) were walloped by the nerf bat only for the devs to release these runes. Where’s the logic?

i think the devs just dont want mesmers to be powerful in zergs, because they all play warriors. warriors should have it all. power,toughness, healing, vitality, mass confusion, mass cc, huge crit and not die ever….after the shout buff there will be something new the devs will find they can buff.
they’d rather nerf the engis and thief’s cc than the rune that is awesome for warriors too.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

condi removes don’t help much because tha crap can be reapplied instantly

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

condi removes don’t help much because tha crap can be reapplied instantly

Not to mention your removes can be interrupted…

in WvW

Terrahero.9358

If anything this proves all the more they do not care one bit for balance in WvW. And balance around spvp and pve.

Dont think these runes exist in spvp, so no unbalance there. And in pve these runes arent that good because mobs dont trigger confusion that much, and bosses are generally immune to interupts 95% of the fight.

From that perspective, runes of perplexity are fine and shouldnt be nerfed. Its really just WvW where this is a problem.
Maybe we should petition these runes get included in spvp aswell, if that by some miracle happens im willing to bet itll be nerfed within 24hours. Hotfixed and all.

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

“Maybe we should petition these runes get included in spvp aswell, if that by some miracle happens im willing to bet itll be nerfed within 24hours. Hotfixed and all.”

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Please-introduce-Perplexity-Runes-to-SPVP/first

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

“Maybe we should petition these runes get included in spvp aswell, if that by some miracle happens im willing to bet itll be nerfed within 24hours. Hotfixed and all.”

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Please-introduce-Perplexity-Runes-to-SPVP/first

That would be kitten hilarious to see.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

I love them on my engie, but I agree, they make thieves even more stupidly annoying to play against.

Nerf the 6 skill, but buff engineers, pl0x.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I get condi should be a natural counter to overly armored players but allowing heavy damage on defensive skills with no cool down is bad… really bad.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Those players that complain about perplexity runes on the forums are just a vocal minority anyways.

Working unbalanced as intended.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.