Reduce PPT during night time?

in WvW

Posted by: Arctisavange.7260

Arctisavange.7260

Was kinda thinking that what are the cons of reducing PPT during night time, when most of the europeans are sleeping.
Id say atleast a minimum of 6 hours lowered PPT tick from 1:00 to 7:00 PM would help a lot against night capers. Especialy against Vizunah square, where the server simply wins against everyone else only due to their canadian night capers.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Reduce PPT in my nights when its daytime for others. So they want to reduce PPT at their night, which is my daytime.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Arctisavange.7260

Others? You mean the people on other continents that arent living in Europe? Well yes, it is fair, why play in an european server if youre living in america?? Visa versa if youre playing in american server.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Others? You mean the people on other continents that arent living in Europe? Well yes, it is fair, why play in an european server if youre living in america?? Visa versa if youre playing in american server.

And what happen with the people that play from oceanic and south east asia? There is no servers for these people…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Arctisavange.7260

And what happen with the people that play from oceanic and south east asia? There is no servers for these people…

They will suffer. Cant blame me for being selfish for puting the majority over minority.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

OP is just too softcore. You can sleep when you are dead.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

OP is just too softcore. You can sleep when you are dead.

“Rest is for the dead”

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Reduce PPT in my nights when its daytime for others. So they want to reduce PPT at their night, which is my daytime.

This Argument is as old as it is Bad.

The Point of the proposal is simply make it:
few players = few score
many players = many score
Then it doesn’t matter where the sun really is, but you will notice that in the middle of EU night there are the fewest players playing in EU matches, such that they should get the fewest score at that time.

And no they should not get lower score per player, they should just not get more score per player.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Good idea!!!!
So sick of going to bed and waking up to see the Americans have brought freedom to my home world!

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in WvW

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

BLAME CANADA!!!

:D couldn’t resist.

Ok, but really, this has been discussed and shot down dozens of times. What are your cut-off times? Should people be able to score while I’m at work? For NA I’m Pacific time, that’s 3 hours different than Eastern, if it’s say 5-midnight is full points time, well what time zone? if it’s based on Eastern then I’m getting 2-9, and with my work that means 5-9… yeah that’s fair…

Devils in the details.

in WvW

Offair.2563

few players = few score
Then it doesn’t matter where the sun really is, but you will notice that in the middle of EU night there are the fewest players playing in EU matches, such that they should get the fewest score at that time.

And no they should not get lower score per player, they should just not get more score per player.

So basicly you are limiting their game fun when they have bought the same game as you. Interesting theory but anyway OP, if ya really care about PPT war – join Tier1 or so.

Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Dayra.7405

few players = few score

So basicly you are limiting their game fun when they have bought the same game as you. Interesting theory but anyway OP, if ya really care about PPT war – join Tier1 or so.

This is not a better argument! PPT is the fun, I thought playing is fun. Anyway, I do not limit their fun, even if PPT is their fun. They can fight for 1 point per player as primetime can play for 0.7 points per player, but I do not see a sense to let them fight for 10-20 points per player.

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

few players = few score

This is not a better argument! PPT is the fun, I thought playing is fun. Anyway, I do not limit their fun, even if PPT is their fun. They can fight for 1 point per player as primetime can play for 0.7 points per player, but I do not see a sense to let them fight for 10-20 points per player.

That is not how the game works. You get points per keep/camp not per player. Why do you feel you are important enough to redesign the game around your personal playtime?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Dayra.7405

few players = few score

That is not how the game works. You get points per keep/camp not per player. Why do you feel you are important enough to redesign the game around your personal playtime?

Why do you think that a handful off-time players must be the only ones that decide matches? And the majority of prime-time players must be irrelevant for matches?

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Why do you think that a handful off-time players must be the only ones that decide matches? And the majority of prime-time players must be irrelevant for matches?

If off-hours was enough to win, Kaineng would have never dropped back to T8.

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

Leave PPT the same for all 24hours of a day.
I’m in NA, but I play OCX/SEA/EU due to work, I’d rather my efforts count just the same as anyone able to play during NA prime and so on.

Thanks ANet <3

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: Nyaniel.7340

Nyaniel.7340

Please reduce PPT during night time because my country is the only country that exists.

[Envy] Envy

in WvW

Dayra.7405

Please reduce PPT during night time because my country is the only country that exists.

Is there any time zone with only one Country? Anyway, obviously there are time zone with only very few gw2 WvW players at least in EU-matches.

695 points score for 10 players in off time and 695 for 1000 players in prime time is just nonsense.

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

i agree..reduce PPT during night time in Malaysia.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Simple rule, you play on the server that’s closest to your time zone..

IE: NA on NA and EU on EU. Everyone else; only has the option to play in the area closest to their time zone.

However, I think this only would have worked when the WvW populace was bigger. Right now, even T1 teams are struggling to get people out.

One year ago I would have agreed with the OP, but right now, something more drastic needs to be done instead.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

How about we just take out PPT altogether, take out the bloodlust, and just award points for breaking down walls and doors (bonus points for reinforced), killing lords and supervisors, and stomping people(fastest way to get points). That way the ppt people still get points for taking stuff, the gvg fighting people get points for killing. No one has to worry about a high ppt for a few hours wrecking the scores, and everyone is happy getting points still for doing what they want.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Sreoom.3690

Sreoom.3690

LOL …one person’s night is another person’s day.

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

LOL …one person’s night is another person’s day.

Or some people in the same country sleep/work/do other stuff when others can play.
Some will play between 7 pm to midnight. Others can play between 5 am and 8 am. Or during the afternoon.

Which leaves the midnight to 5 am window rather empty.

So while for Europe it could maybe work, for the US it won’t because it reduces that window to only a couple of hours.

in WvW

Posted by: NonToxic.9185

NonToxic.9185

They will suffer. Cant blame me for being selfish for puting the majority over minority.

Unfortunately for you, Anet, along with any other for-profit company, knows where the actual majority is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_density

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

No.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

Oh look, another one of those threads.

“My time is more precious that other people’s time, therefore my contribution should be more meaningful! kitten foreigners! They took our jobs!”

Sigh…

in WvW

Posted by: thebeaRRRRR.8640

thebeaRRRRR.8640

I’m SEA. How bout reduced ppt during my night time?

[AHMA] Giam Chye Cha Loti
Ele, guardian
Ultimate Dominator

in WvW

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

Doing it by time will always leave people angry.

The off hours players want their effort to count the same as primetime otherwise it’s unfair. However considering that it is much harder to gain points during primetime, during any fairly even match, the fact that off hours determines who wins is already unfair. Of course the off hours players don’t care that it’s already unfair, they just don’t want it to be unfair to them.

When it’s harder to gain points, points should be worth more. When it’s easier to gain points the points should be worth less. That’s the only fair way, but people will still complain. It would affect everyone equally, but since it would affect everyone those now posting fewer points during their play session will complain. ArenaNet just needs to man up and make the change.

P.S. It was incredibly stupid of ArenaNet to not have at least 1 server for other major timezones even if it was hosted in the US.

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

This guy still thinks Vizunah has canadians LOL

in WvW

Posted by: Furesy.6935

Furesy.6935

But why stop here? I’m all up for reducing PPT when I logout. I hate it when the enemy world takes over my borderland when I am at work/gym/uni/sleep/toilet/walking dog/annoying my friends.

kitten !

in WvW

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

Vizunah with canadians, Vizunah having an OP nightcapping, when it’s outperform by Baruch one and Baruch is no longer the most powerful nightcapping server, not fair that they gain all points while I sleep (but tehy lose them while I play)…

You should know that those playing during nights in EU servers are EUROPEANS. Mind-blowing yes…

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

in WvW

Dayra.7405

Day or Night who cares. The amount of points per player is the problem.

I propose: you posses 40% of the objectives you get 40% of the points.
And the number of points is the number of players in the game.
So when there are 100 (sum all sides) player you get 40 points for your 40% of objectives, when there are 1000 players you get 400 points for your 40% of objectives.

I cannot see how anyone night player would be discriminated by that! they are worth 1 point whenever they play.

in WvW

Offair.2563

Day or Night who cares. The amount of points per player is the problem.

I propose: you posses 40% of the objectives you get 40% of the points.
And the number of points is the number of players in the game.
So when there are 100 (sum all sides) player you get 40 points for your 40% of objectives, when there are 1000 players you get 400 points for your 40% of objectives.

I cannot see how anyone night player would be discriminated by that! they are worth 1 point whenever they play.

Rewarding the strongest server in the match up even more. Yea good idea..

This means when i take 10 people to a tower defended by 20 and manage to get it even when they have more numbers we get less points just because they have more. What stuff have you been smoking?

in WvW

Dayra.7405

Total people in the match, where did you took the tower from?
30 vs 10 vs 10 likely gives a high share of total 50 points.
400 vs 300 vs 300 likely gives a more balanced share of the total 1000 points.

Even “weak” servers manage to have a well filled prime-time, they are weak in off-time, Currently the strength of a “strong” server is its off-time, but as it’s off-time the amount of players and therefore the resulting points is low. Therefore the result will be more balanced than today.

Not everything true for you, is the case for others

in WvW

Offair.2563

I took the tower as an example as your proposal says “40% of objectives” and a tower is an objective, This idea will even screw it more up then it is now. All it says the server thats able to field more players will get more points regardless theyre good, or not.

PPT is objective wise and from player stomps – adding points for having more people in the battle is redicilous imo.

in WvW

Posted by: hmsgoddess.3869

hmsgoddess.3869

I paid for the game same as you. I log hours same as you. I play where I feel most at home same as you. My time is not worth less than anyone else’s period. WvW was developed to be 24 hour long war. There are issues I don’t deny that, but the solutions are not to devalue other people’s play time and contributions. Solutions to the issue of WvW should be done in a manner that respects everyone’s play styles and time.

~ Emma Vine Sixty Nine Shades Of [NUDE] – Crystal Desert

in WvW

Dayra.7405

I took the tower as an example as your proposal says “40% of objectives” and a tower is an objective, This idea will even screw it more up then it is now. All it says the server thats able to field more players will get more points regardless theyre good, or not.

PPT is objective wise and from player stomps – adding points for having more people in the battle is redicilous imo.

I do not see where you get the higher populated servers have an advantage in my proposal.

Let’s assume manpower is 30 vs 10 vs 10 and tick kitten : 120 : 120.
The server with 30 people controls 65% of the objectives as today he gets 65% of the available points namely around 32, the other server control 17% of the map they get 17% of the available points namely around 9 points.

Today the stronger server get 335 points ahead in this tick in my proposal only 23 points.
In the end balance between more manpower does not change, but balance between prime and off time change.

in WvW

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

Whose night time?

There are 24 time-zones, not just yours.

You stupid, short-sighted, poorly educated, selfish American.

in WvW

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

1. So you expect it to dynamically change the ppt every time a person comes in or leaves WvW? How do you expect it to do this without issues or errors?

2. What do you propose to do about the players?

Don’t forget that the community of GW2 is far more toxic than many want to admit. What happens when a server currently that consistently holds a majority during peak but drops off at off-peak starts attacking people on their own server and telling them to stay out during off peak so the other side won’t get extra points?

For that matter, what happens when the side that dominates off-peak just stacks inactives into WvW to increase the ppt while they’re winning? If it’s tracking everyone in the fight, they don’t even need to necessarily have inactives on their own server, and adds an extra layer of use to spies, by increasing their ppt while keeping an eye on how few defenders there are and wasting supplies or whatever.

How long does a person need to be in WvW before they count to the tick? Could one side potentially just have a bunch of people leave immediately before a tick where they’re at a minority to minimize losses and then bring in a bunch when they’re at a majority?

This would, again, punish smaller servers who struggle to even get 50% of another server’s combatants at prime, while benefiting larger servers who can flood people or inactives in just to buff their already-winning ppt ticks.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Whose night time?

There are 24 time-zones, not just yours.

You stupid, short-sighted, poorly educated, selfish European.

FTFY

He’s complaining about canadians on his night time… He’s not american.

in WvW

Dayra.7405

1. So you expect it to dynamically change the ppt every time a person comes in or leaves WvW? How do you expect it to do this without issues or errors?

No idea how ANet will implement it, should they ever do it.
But maps always know how many people are on them, or queueing wouldn’t work.
Will be rather easy to extend that to sum up the man minutes spend in a match during each tick.
As a tick has 15 minutes dividing the man-minutes by 15 gives you the mean population during the last tick.
If you had programming at school, you can do it within your first year

2. What do you propose to do about the players?

None of your cheating proposals convince me to be a good idea.

If you force your people of map, everytime you are not leading you loose badly, as without people you will fall back even further instead of turning the tide.

There is already an AFK mechanics, stacking inactive people will not lead to many man-minutes. If you manage to convince people to keep their char in game, either the AFK manager need to be improved, or you can be happy that the enemy spends its time with such non-sense instead of attacking you with all those people. As said above I would count a person for every minute in WvW as 1/15 person, if it spend 15 minutes it manage to count as a full person, maybe additionally any AFK-kicked during the period is totally excluded.

In any case the possession of objectives determines how many of the available point you get, not those manipulations, they can only boost the total that is distributed between the servers. Whatever you do with those manipulations, you cannot (as every side is limited to around 400 people in match) reach the current state where you get can get 695 points for free.

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Filaha.1678

No idea how ANet will implement it, should they ever do it.
But maps always know how many people are on them, or queueing wouldn’t work.
Will be rather easy to extend that to sum up the man minutes spend in a match during each tick.
As a tick has 15 minutes dividing the man-minutes by 15 gives you the mean population during the last tick.
If you had programming at school, you can do it within your first year

Except it would have to deal with constantly shifting numbers, causing a ton of consistent server-side calculations that are non-existent now. And how about switching maps? Would you be counted as having left WvW because you switched from EB to your BL?

Bear in mind that GW2 isn’t exactly a bug-free game as it is. Do you honestly expect these calculations to be done all the time without probably making scores all sit at 0 for a week before it’s fixed?

None of your cheating proposals convince me to be a good idea.

All of my proposals convince me that yours is a bad idea.

If you force your people of map, everytime you are not leading you loose badly, as without people you will fall back even further instead of turning the tide.

Not necessarily losing, but off-peak. If you’re only going to have 25 people on, that’s 25 ppt that the other side doesn’t need extra when they have 50 and are capping everything anyways.

There is already an AFK mechanics, stacking inactive people will not lead to many man-minutes. If you manage to convince people to keep their char in game, either the AFK manager need to be improved, or you can be happy that the enemy spends its time with such non-sense instead of attacking you with all those people. As said above I would count a person for every minute in WvW as 1/15 person, if it spend 15 minutes it manage to count as a full person, maybe additionally any AFK-kicked during the period is totally excluded.

I can run a macro right now that sends “Space bar” every 30 seconds for as long as I want. It’s super easy to not get AFK kicked. However, the point isn’t that they have people and don’t use them, the point is that they already own everything and are going to be getting more points than you anyways, so stacking inactives in places that aren’t likely to be attacked will just increase their ppt. Again, this gives benefits to larger servers who can just get people who were going to go to work/be in bed anyways to just stack in the server to give them more points, while punishing smaller servers who can’t have a hard enough time getting actives.

Now, given that you could manipulate it to get a bunch of bonus points, riddle me this: What does your system solve? What does it affect? If a server can only muster enough of an advantage during off-peak times, they’re still not going to catch up because they probably aren’t going to get enough people on to offset the advantage that a bigger server would have during peak times.

The only effect is that smaller servers get even MORE punished for being smaller, because they can’t stack people when they manage to hold things.

in WvW

Dayra.7405

You mean you are a small server with a bad prime-time only in it’s current ranking place due to a better night shift?

You would loose ranking, drop down to a place where you meet an equal primetime, such that the majority on your sever can play a more balanced match.

If you consider that punishing, …

in WvW

Offair.2563

It is punishing, but not from a seafarers rest overstacked point of view.

in WvW

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

’MERICA!!!

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in WvW

Filaha.1678

You mean you are a small server with a bad prime-time only in it’s current ranking place due to a better night shift?

Yes, you would loose ranking, drop down to a place where you meet an equal primetime.

No, it’s an example.

So it punishes people with smaller groups on a different peak time while rewarding larger groups?

Why do larger groups need easier wins, again?

If a server’s best chance to win is to take things on off-peak times, why should the game be made harder for them? What benefits does your suggestion bring to risk the side effect of driving even more people away from WvW because they auto-lose because they can’t bring the same numbers during peak times?

in WvW

Offair.2563

Yes, you would loose ranking, drop down to a place where you meet an equal primetime.

No, it’s an example.

So it punishes people with smaller groups on a different peak time while rewarding larger groups?

Why do larger groups need easier wins, again?

If a server’s best chance to win is to take things on off-peak times, why should the game be made harder for them? What benefits does your suggestion bring to risk the side effect of driving even more people away from WvW because they auto-lose because they can’t bring the same numbers during peak times?

Most of his ideas are self centered. As long it benefits his playtime he does not care.

in WvW

Dayra.7405

You probably know the WvW matches and scoring is to bad to be competitive.

Competition between 300 and 100 is just senseless.

We do you argue scoring should be in a way that it helps you to have stronger opponents? I mean this is punishment, facing enemies that out-number you and not loosing ranking, to face better balanced servers. As long as the competion isn’t fixed, scoring has only the following point: It determine your opponents.
You know, instead of being punished by being outnumbered at rank 5, I would prefer to drop down to a rank where the majority of our players (the prime-time) isn’t outnumbered anymore.

But we have this night and day crew, that keeps us at rank 5, this week even in T1

PS: This my point of view, neither Elona’s point of view (where I am) nor an SFR-players point of view.

(edited by Dayra.7405)