Remove Edge of the Mists

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: Tristan.7430

Tristan.7430

This map is only used for farming wxp and leveling alts.

Wxp should be awarder only in real WvW where people fights for objectives. In EotM comanders avoiding fight and run only karma train. When enemy group farm them twice they switch overflow and run karma train again. So they can recieve xp for caping empty stuff.

Meanwhile bordelands even in gold league dying. Even in prime time some borderlands are empty. Because most of pugs and less skilled players farming EotM rather then try to improve their gameplay in normal borderland.

My suggection is remove Edge of Mists from map selection and make it only accesible when you are in que on borderland/EB map. After que poped you should be kicked from EotM. Or atleast remove wxp for capping in EotM it will encourage people who wants wxp to go normal bordeland or EB map.

Trist N
Officer in Necro Raiders [NR] | Gandara

(edited by Tristan.7430)

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

instead of removing it, how about rebalancing it to reward fighting as much as it currently rewards pveing?

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Tristan.7430

i think we need get people on normal WvW maps and use this only as overflow

Trist N

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

instead of removing it, how about rebalancing it to reward fighting as much as it currently rewards pveing?

You won’t be able to promote fights in EoTM as there is no central voice comms to use. Trying to fight without comms is like playing sports blind and with hands tied behind your back. It just devolves into whoever has more people and whoever can build arrow carts the fastest

EoTM was used for fights early on, but it soon died out to crappy map design for combat. Pretty as hell, but when combat becomes about who can keep stability up for longer or who can kite the other into siege, it becomes pointless.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

If people are choosing EotM over the Borderlands map it might be a indicator they they DON’T WANT to be on the regular maps… Why you think it’s good that people are forced to do what they don’t want?

I’m pretty sure 75% (maybe much more) of the EotM players would never step on WvW and removing EotM would only put them back on their PvE maps…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Tristan.7430

If people are choosing EotM over the Borderlands map it might be a indicator they they DON’T WANT to be on the regular maps… Why you think it’s good that people are forced to do what they don’t want?

I’m pretty sure 75% (maybe much more) of the EotM players would never step on WvW and removing EotM would only put them back on their PvE maps…

Because this map was designed for WvW PvP and now its only purpose i leveling and easy wxp farm. You gaining more wxp here for nothing. So design failed, so it should be reworder or deleted.

Do you think that hot-join should be more rewarding than team arena?

Trist N

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

I personally think its a perfect training ground. Players learn their class vs a mix of pvp and pve enemies learn basic team fight tactics and get used to ganking/getting ganked. This map has reduced the number of upscales and increased the number of people who have the important masteries like ram and catapult. Removing this would be like putting new soldiers into the middle of afgan. Do you really want to get rid of the training grounds it has improved the overall skill level of the actual WvW maps so much.

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

You won’t be able to promote fights in EoTM as there is no central voice comms to use. Trying to fight without comms is like playing sports blind and with hands tied behind your back. It just devolves into whoever has more people and whoever can build arrow carts the fastest

EoTM was used for fights early on, but it soon died out to crappy map design for combat. Pretty as hell, but when combat becomes about who can keep stability up for longer or who can kite the other into siege, it becomes pointless.

i dont understand why you think voice comm issues cant be overcome by simply advertising the local ts server in map chat.

the only thing the enemy will find out the next week (when they change colors) is where you are, and wont be able to listen to their own commander spamming voice commands. there isnt really anything to lose by advertising ts.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

How about no? I don’t even like WvW and I can see that this idea is utterly stupid. Why remove/restrict the only semi-decent map among the WvW maps?

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: VOLTCIEAGE.3029

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

Removing EOTM is too much but BALLANCE anet do you know this word ?!
Maybe just decrease xp/wxp/karma by 70% and remove champ loot bags .
And what we get ?! www overflow map not pve map where 70% of your blob are upleveld/farming/afk/pve players .

And pls dont give us arguments like paste ts ip on chat . People even cant read simple commands like follow,skip and you expect them to enter teamspeak !!
Only built-in voice chat can change something but still ballancing this map is the most important

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Voice coms are for amateurs who don’t know how to play.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

i dont think etom ended up like anyone wanted.
they need to do something about the blobs

and pay some attention to the strategy that goes in to castle siege.
i dont think siege disabler was the answer

etom was to early for its time and because of it wvw is now lacking

if etom was not created servers would have balanced out
because people do not want to wait for queue time
and we would not have people talking about server merge

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

if etom was not created servers would have balanced out
because people do not want to wait for queue time
and we would not have people talking about server merge

False… People stack on the top tiers despite queues popping on primetime. At best EotM is taking people from the lower pop servers because these people are tired of not having anyone to play with and are stuck in infinite loopsided matches that are never on their favor.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: bubbachua.1243

bubbachua.1243

EOTM = cancer of WvW

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

How about no? I don’t even like WvW and I can see that this idea is utterly stupid. Why remove/restrict the only semi-decent map among the WvW maps?

Lolwut? Essentially what you mean is you don’t like pvp so please dont take away my easymode pvd grindfest.

I dislike eotm because generally the people there can’t handle the fact that the game mode is pvp and do their best to avoid any form of combat. Which makes it incredibly boring to play… If I want to grind for gold I’ll go do some pve content that actually requires an iota of skill to do thanks.

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: X Factor.2641

X Factor.2641

This map is only used for farming wxp and leveling alts.

Wxp should be awarder only in real WvW where people fights for objectives. In EotM comanders avoiding fight and run only karma train. When enemy group farm them twice they switch overflow and run karma train again. So they can recieve xp for caping empty stuff.

I’m not sure if you’ve actually done EotM OP but, as an NA EotM cmd AND an old WvW cmd when my server needed help, I never avoid fights. Granted I don’t go seek them out like some bloodthirsty bag farmer but if I see an enemy zerg I will engage or if I see them about to take a keep and we’re in the area we will try and steal it from them. I know a lot of commanders like this.

Also, unless your a commander, if you just run around ktraining the whole time, your zerg will get bored and will leave. To keep them in the instance you have to shake things up. Straight ktraining is monotonous and no fun for anyone. I usually get an average of about 5 actual battles in a match with some skirmishes here and there, and you know what? We still do well.

You said it yourself people go there to level alts. Would you rather eliminate EotM like you suggest and put all those rally-bots in WvW where PPT actually counts for something more than a supply drop? EotM is WvW Lite where people can go to experiment with their classes and builds in addition to leveling them and getting rewards. It is fine just the way it is and I’m not your typical ktrain commander.

I’m a commander and I approve this message.

[TMW] Darkstar
Leader, Driver, Lover
DR

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

EOTM = cancer of WvW

Let’s start by not calling EOTM WvW. They are not the same.

I’d like to see one small change: Achievements in EotM should not count towards daily or tournament awards.

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Or…… maybe EotM is not only more rewarding, it’s more fun too. Maybe players like and prefer to go into these short 3hr matches? Maybe players like and prefer the carefree fun of just fighting and not having the guilt and pressure associated with 24/7 PPT’ing?

Leave EotM alone, it works. As a game mode, it’s even working better than the regular WvW maps. You have a beef about WvW, then stick to finding solutions to WvW. Do not try to steal the fun away from others and force them to play the game your way.

Oh, and there are players and Commanders transitioning from EotM into the regular WvW maps. Sooo…. there’s that going for EotM too.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: Kuldebar.1897

Kuldebar.1897

ANet needs to do some simple reasoning by starting with a simple question:

• why is EotM as popular as it is? (that should be rather easy to ascertain)

I love EotM for the karma/badge train and experience and PHAT lewt.

But I also love cheesecake and could probably eat a whole one in a single sitting but even that becomes a task when silly players try to have a meaningful PvP-type experience, I mean come on, how dare we engage the enemy, we got NPC’s to kill and loot!

We rely on ANet to maintain the integrity of game systems, they have failed with EotM. Not because EotM is bad, it’s because it is largely at odds with another part of the in-game system.

So, ANet, either crap or get off the pot, regular WvW needs to get a revamp or EotM needs to grow up and become a real facet of WvW and not a “queue waiting room” (lol-effin-lol) stocked with a wet-bar and free peanuts!

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

1. The rewards netted in EotM completely outshines anything in WvW (due to the rapid pace at which you get them via PvEing in this “WvW” map).

- I say BOOST WvW rewards. It is sorely needed.

2. WvW maps are dead after the first 24 hour karma train PvEers join in for. On the T1 I play on we do good to get 2 hours of coverage a day and that is usually only on one map. That is incredibly sad.

To the above I don’t see it reviving WvW. The environment/mode is stale, it has been exactly the same for 2 years, I don’t see anything being changed for another year or longer (going by the rate anything gets updated in this game).

Anyways lets try to boost and not nerf.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

My suggection is remove Edge of Mists from map selection and make it only accesible when you are in que on borderland/EB map. After que poped you should be kicked from EotM. Or atleast remove wxp for capping in EotM it will encourage people who wants wxp to go normal bordeland or EB map.

Do you want PvE-ers? Because that’s how you get PvE-ers.

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Kuldebar.1897

My suggection is remove Edge of Mists from map selection and make it only accesible when you are in que on borderland/EB map. After que poped you should be kicked from EotM.

Have you really thought about that?

I mean who is going to invest any effort in something if you will get yanked from it at some random point? Also, it’s very rare to have queues anymore in WvW, I’ve only noticed them at tournament phase changes, EotM however is nearly always on overflow.

Your suggestion is horrible.

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

First off I support linking EoTM into the weekly scoring of the borderlands. One of the main reasons for this is to more closely tie them together and make use of that time people are putting into the map work in favor of the servers they are on.

Now I enjoy the borderlands and EoTM. Since the time I spend in EoTM does not count toward my servers PPT I try not and visit unless soloing, need a change or the server has a good lead already.

So what makes EoTM fun, various things.

The map itself is more challenging with the potential falls. There are more bottlenecks that can be defended and held. There are lots of ways out of the keep entry so there is less spawn camping. Some matches in the regular Borderlands the enemy can simply use a few to watch where you will have to exit therefore quickly shutting down a havoc group, in EoTM there are more ways out of spawn due to the inner and outer walls. You can still be blocked if they control your base keep but starting inside the outer walls gives you and advantage to retake it.

The map shape like EB lends itself to central fights, and if people are looking for fights it tends to spawn more people crossing the map therefor there are a number of opportunity fights for soloers and or small groups. You will find zergs like you do in the Borderlands, but there are more obstacles that you can use to try and pick some of them off or to get away from them with.

Have seen small groups crush zergs by using the terrain and walkways to out position larger forces and wipe them. In the regular Borderlands people don’t often stop to worry about where they are positioning, in EoTM that could get you killed. The mixed elevations also allow for some interesting ambushes and the on fall abilities actually have value.

The weather has also played roles, nothing better than 2 forces running through ground level clouds right into each other and the chaos that ensues. You can also use weather to avoid line of sight of a siege or to ambush from.

EoTM also tends to have sides that are closer in numbers. When on a lower tier server there might have been a few fights to find on the Borderlands but you were more likely to find the potential for one in the mists. As you go higher in the tiers of servers this isn’t a big of a deal but if you ever play off hours it might be. Its sort of like finding instant action in PvP via hotjoins but for WvW.

As far as loot, if anything I agree with previous statements you don’t play WvW to get rich, but that doesn’t mean you should have to go PvE to make funds to support your WvW habit either. If anything bring the Borderlands up to EoTM in drops versus the other way.

Now can’t talk towards uplevels. Started WvW at level 2 with no gear. Its brutal in both the Borderlands and EoTM. The difference is people don’t warn(being polite here) others away in EoTM like they do in the Borderlands. If the bolster system is the same then why shun players in one area and not the other. Have to blame the players here versus the map. If the bolster system needs some tweaks then lets address that or better yet the rally issue that’s a bigger concern with uplevels.

It’s the players that make EoTM a karma farm and the biggest crutch people use is because its not tied into PPT so why does it matter, hence why I say change that. Even if you don’t want to tie into the PPT due to the mixed severs involved, then move the map over to the regular maps and include it with EB and the borderlands. Its a nice map that adds variety into the feel of the Borderlands.

2 cents from a player that enjoys both.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Or…… maybe EotM is not only more rewarding, it’s more fun too. Maybe players like and prefer to go into these short 3hr matches? Maybe players like and prefer the carefree fun of just fighting and not having the guilt and pressure associated with 24/7 PPT’ing?

Going to EotM for fights is like becoming anorexic in order to gain weight.

As others have mentioned, EotM is definitely popular. The reason is that it is the best karma train in the game. It is also the best place to level low level characters.

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I think that two things need to be done:

1. EotM needs to have more impact on the wider WvW conflict. Currently, all winning in EotM does is give your server a supply drop in the Citadel. That really doesn’t do much.

I think it might encourage more people in EotM to defend/fight more if the score there was also applied to all servers at the end of each match. That essentially turns EotM into a fourth battleground that servers need to be aware of.

2. Rewards for defense need to be addressed. Part of the reason why EotM k-trains are so popular is because there is no real incentive to defend objectives. (This applies to both regular WvW and EotM) If there was perhaps a sliding scale where the longer you’ve held onto an objective, the more rewards you get for defending it, it might encourage more people to hold points rather than just doing a rotation through all the zones. Likewise, if the attacking player captures a structure that’s been held a long time, their reward is also increased commensurately.

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

Maybe just remove WXP from EOTM, and leave it as is.
Lower rewards, because right now it’s quicker to get XP, WXP, Karma, and money in EOTM then in WVW unless Ktraining in WVW, which isn’t always possible like it is in EOTM.

I don’t agree with having more effect on WVW from EOTM. I think that defeats the purpose of WVW for a reason.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: Scryeless.1924

Scryeless.1924

I need a taxi! i want the maps you guys are getting! every map i get on is a bunch of kittens zvz’ing nonstop and no one gets anything done.

SoS – Ele – Burn Me, Freeze Me, Blind Me, Pound Me — Wait…What?
Warrior – The New Burninator! Strongbad would be so proud!
Guardian – Burn for you, heal for me, block for me and uh…sorry Im all out of gifts.

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Disable Eotm during weekdays, let it stat open in weekends. This way the weekend coverage will be the same and that crucial coverage during weekdays will increase a bit.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: Halvorn.9831

Halvorn.9831

Right now this game has four game modes: PvP, WvW, PvE and EotM.

EotM is a replacement for the now semi-defunct champ-trains in queensdale and frostgorge sound. Basically, it’s karma and champ loot if you’re on green, and karma and champ loot + a surprising respawn at start if you’re red or blue and bumped into green. Most zerg’s I have run with during the last days didn’t carry supply, didn’t build siege (not even flame rams), and stopped moving when an enemy zerg approached.

As a WvW map, EotM is broken beyond repair way more than anything else in WvW. I think, at least WXP should be removed from this map. Real WvW works mainly because of the little remaining server pride; this doesn’t exist in EotM anyways. Missing voice comms only adds to this problem.

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Why not just remove normal www? EotM is superior game mode.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: Siobhan.3582

Siobhan.3582

That one person.

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

I don’t get why there is people here suporting these ideas… After all, it was YOU PEOPLE that forced the uplevels, PvE’ers and K-trainers unto EotM by spilling hate on them at the regular WvW maps. If I had 1g for each time someone said “Go to EotM PvE scrub” or “WvW is no place for uplevels” I’d be the richest person in Tyria. It’s just laughable how you now want them back to the regular maps…

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

EOTM was meant for the seasons. Given that the only folk that que maps are BG , it has no purpose save for killing noobs

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Kuldebar.1897

I thought the new map was just for overflow?

Of course the forum software attempts to dissuade me from posting on such an old topic, god forbid we have any historical perspective when it comes to GW2 discussion, might be why ANet keeps making the same types of missteps.

Those who ignore the past are always ready to relive it.

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

But if you make it EotM or overflow all fair weather player have to move to kitten have a queue to be able to play what they like to play.

Face it, EotM took them permanently away from WvW (if they ever were there).

Anyhow you cannot reanimate a failed game mode by trying to force people there.
If WvW get repaired or replaced maybe it (re-)gains some more fans again.

Concerning voice com: yes fights are more difficult to coordinate and less effective. However after having to hear wvw-commies for 1.5 year in TS, I am very happy that EotM offers a game mode you can play without having to hear a commie shouting.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

EOTM = cancer of WvW

Let’s start by not calling EOTM WvW. They are not the same.

I’d like to see one small change: Achievements in EotM should not count towards daily or tournament awards.

EotM is WvW, its under the WvW tab henceforth fact EotM is WvW.

You do the same things you do in the borderlands on EotM, just more emphasis on capturing rather than engaging the enemy zerg. Matter of fact people that play EotM are better than people who play on borderlands, they are more likely to capture something over a borderland commander who usually wipes trying to capture something simple like a tower.

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Kuldebar.1897

Matter of fact people that play EotM are better than people who play on borderlands, they are more likely to capture something over a borderland commander who usually wipes trying to capture something simple like a tower.

Umm, better because they avoid fighting enemy players?

Yes, capturing an objective that’s actually being defended is an order of magnitude more difficult and can result in failure as compared to taking one with just NPC’s guarding it.

I’d hardly use that as a criteria to determine that EotM “people are better” o.O

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

EotM is WvW, its under the WvW tab henceforth fact EotM is WvW.

You do the same things you do in the borderlands on EotM, just more emphasis on capturing rather than engaging the enemy zerg. Matter of fact people that play EotM are better than people who play on borderlands, they are more likely to capture something over a borderland commander who usually wipes trying to capture something simple like a tower.

EB would have been a better choice than BL to compare to EotM. And event, EotM is nothing more than a big champion farming train. Take out all the champions and you won’t have that much players in there.

The only reason a BL commander wipes is because other players are defending. In EotM it doesn’t take more than 1 superior AC to wipe a whole zerg. If I actually cared, I’d go in there with a few guildies and abuse siege disablers and sup AC.

But there’s no point. Players in EotM aren’t interested in WvW. Most of them completely hate it. There’s no reason to ruin their fun time in the hope that they’ll think “since EotM is so horrible now, I’m going to go play a game mode I completely hate”.
The only problem right now with EotM is that it’s more rewarding that WvW regarding WXP and badges (and everything else too).

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Matter of fact people that play EotM are better than people who play on borderlands, they are more likely to capture something over a borderland commander who usually wipes trying to capture something simple like a tower.

Yes, capturing an objective that’s actually being defended is an order of magnitude more difficult and can result in failure as compared to taking one with just NPC’s guarding it.

I’d hardly use that as a criteria to determine that EotM “people are better” o.O

Well, we can say the NPCs are better on EotM i guess… haha

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

You must be new here. Before eotm wvw had already descended into a karma train. Frankly eotm saved wvw by removing all the people who just want to k-train.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Kuldebar.1897

You must be new here. Before eotm wvw had already descended into a karma train. Frankly eotm saved wvw by removing all the people who just want to k-train.

That’s a neat and tidy story, but although it is true that regular WvW could be distilled to the “train” paradigm prior to EotM, EotM has taken it all to a new all full freakin level.

And, yes, there’s plenty wrong about WvW other than the EotM’s inception.

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

That’s a neat and tidy story, but although it is true that regular WvW could be distilled to the “train” paradigm prior to EotM, EotM has taken it all to a new all full freakin level.

Yes but so what. The people in EOTM don’t want to do regular WvW. So why do you want to force them to do it?

EOTM was not what any of us wanted it to be, but a particular group of people have grown to love it so good for them.

The rest of us still want updates for regular WvW, but destroying EOTM is not the answer.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Kuldebar.1897

Yes but so what. The people in EOTM don’t want to do regular WvW. So why do you want to force them to do it?

EOTM was not what any of us wanted it to be, but a particular group of people have grown to love it so good for them.

The rest of us still want updates for regular WvW, but destroying EOTM is not the answer.

I agree, but the genie has left the building; while you may want the golden goose, there’s a robot across the street that lays them by the dozen!

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Well, we can say the NPCs are better on EotM i guess… haha

@Kuldebar, they are just trying to see who can take the other persons stuff faster, showing the other worlds they know how to work together to quickly build siege to take down walls fast.
Also, for your comment about taking down objectives with nobody inside… Well that’s what they do on the borderlands, "hey guys JQ is at TC inner keep, lets go sack there tower real fast since we cant beat JQ head on (this is what BG does), quickly builds rams and white swords up at our tower and we in combat so cant get back in time…. BG has our tower, no fight involved, which makes EotM no different taking stuff with no one there to fight. I cant speak for your server but I know for Jade Quarry we defend our keep in EotM so don’t even say that no objectives get defended. Might just be that your commanders aren’t used to quickly devising tactics on the go like Jade Quarry commanders do all the time, which makes your worlds uncapable of defending your stuff not because you cant but because your commanders aren’t skillful as commanders like T1 especially long running T1 world like Jade Quarry.

@Jeknar, yes the NPC’s in EotM are harder, its one of the hardest lands in WvW to take due to the unique abilities the NPCs have, well I’d say SMC is pretty hard to take as well due to it being in middle of map and easy access for all three worlds clashing together. Unless some world comes by and sneak attacks it fast and takes it with no other force opposing them which happens a lot. So don’t even talk about EotM the only land that is fought without any opposing force trying to stop them.

EotM is part of WvW, just deal with it. The only reason why you earn WvW xp faster in EotM is because most commanders prefer offense over defense (take stuff faster than other worlds to win), rather than defensive approach. Which is nothing wrong with that. EotM is the king of the borderlands now, it use to be EB but its EotM, it has harder NPC’s more unique ways to die, more unique strategies to devise, rather than a simple treb the walls and storm the lord like you see in regular borderlands, its more complicated than that in EotM.

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: Scryeless.1924

Scryeless.1924

I don’t get why there is people here suporting these ideas… After all, it was YOU PEOPLE that forced the uplevels, PvE’ers and K-trainers unto EotM by spilling hate on them at the regular WvW maps. If I had 1g for each time someone said “Go to EotM PvE scrub” or “WvW is no place for uplevels” I’d be the richest person in Tyria. It’s just laughable how you now want them back to the regular maps…

This is important, I think, for the community to remember. The absolute hatred and general negativity that WvW players had for up-lvls, k-trainers, etc… before EotM. I now, everyday, have to listen to those same people complain about how EotM took away their players. I truly feel for the Dev’s and i hope they don’t take anything written in the forums personally because it is impossible to satisfy people.

EotM, as it is, can sometimes be great for making some gold, gathering mats, wxp leveling, exp leveling, etc… I like that i have the option to jump into EotM to speed up progression a bit. As others have stated, it is a great training ground for players to learn WvW concepts like siege, general pvp, etc… It also gives PvE players a great chance to get familiar and comfortable with fighting other players which is extremely important for building up numbers in WvW. PvP in any game requires PvE converts. ‘’Convert now, or fall forever!’’ (had to do it) Using EotM to condition people to have more of a PvP mentality is good thing.
The problem, I think, is that when these people make the jump from PvE->EotM->WvW they immediately go back to one of the previous two modes because the rewards just aren’t there. You never get the feeling that you are making any progress in WvW even if your server is dominating in your tier. I think this is where i see most people jump out of WvW.

All that being said, I would not be opposed to say having EotM map placed into a map swap rotation for WvW to count towards PPT. It could replace EBG every other week or every few weeks or something just to shake things up. I think we can all use a little vacation time away from the paper/swiss cheese castle.

SoS – Ele – Burn Me, Freeze Me, Blind Me, Pound Me — Wait…What?
Warrior – The New Burninator! Strongbad would be so proud!
Guardian – Burn for you, heal for me, block for me and uh…sorry Im all out of gifts.

(edited by Scryeless.1924)

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: Gimp.9460

Gimp.9460

Agree’d EotM should be disabled unless you are in queue for WvW at the very least.

I can’t even play WvW on my server, thx ANet you guys are truly a godsend

Particle effect slider would be ‘too confusing’

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Agree’d EotM should be disabled unless you are in queue for WvW at the very least.

I can’t even play WvW on my server, thx ANet you guys are truly a godsend

Afterwards you can neither play WvW nor EotM on your server: great success

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

Go run your EotM blob against organized WvW guild groups that come into EotM and then tell us EotM people are “better.” A 15-20 person guild group can wipe the floor with entire zergs…without even using siege.

Taking an undefended tower from NPCs can hardly be considered an accomplishment. Those “simple” towers in WvW you’re talking about are often highly sieged up – it’s a lot harder when you’re fighting against ACs and door trebs rather than just a few level 80 vets.

All that said, I honestly wouldn’t want EotM removed at this point. Then all those PvE heroes would probably try to jump to WvW and karma train that too, since it is remotely similar to the current best karma train.

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: Powec.3845

Powec.3845

I play allmost only WvW. I don’t do crafing and no instances. Pve content is just boring and I will never got even any legendary weapons because I dont have interesting to do map completion. But I like battles in orginal WvW maps but EOTM is nice place time to time too. Especially when levelin alts or need just some mindless action. For me EOTM is only place where levelin alts because basic PVE leveling is not my case. If there is not place like EOTM my low level alts will running in EB or other ‘real’ WvW maps and that is not optimal situation. Just don’t hate EOTM so much. Nobody wants rallybots back to orginal maps.

Lv 80`s guardian, thief, elementalist, ranger, mesmer and warrior.

Remove Edge of the Mists

in WvW

Posted by: Dawntree.7246

Dawntree.7246

assuming that you are not trolling (not really sure about that)

@Kuldebar, they are just trying to see who can take the other persons stuff faster, showing the other worlds they know how to work together to quickly build siege to take down walls fast.

wat?

yes the NPC’s in EotM are harder

ok, you do realise that most of the WvWer play for fighting other people, right?

EotM is the king of the borderlands now, it use to be EB but its EotM, it has harder NPC’s more unique ways to die, more unique strategies to devise, rather than a simple treb the walls and storm the lord like you see in regular borderlands, its more complicated than that in EotM.

if that is your idea of WvW, you clearly have no idea how it’s played.

Emanuel Dawntree – Nord Guardian of [TasH] – 9×80
Whiteside Ridge