Season 1 - What happened? Anything?

in WvW

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

Just logged back onto the forums after a break and I can’t find what the outcome of Season 1 was! There’s no announcement! There’s no stickied thread congratulating the winners! The schedule is still stickied up there, but no results!

It’s as though the season never officially happened!

Five pages into the WvW forum and I still can’t find what happened! Plenty of gripes about the rewards and hopes that Anet will do something about coverage and population – but nothing about what actually happened. (Great that WXP is finally becoming account bound.)

So:

1. Who won?
  2. Who surpassed themselves and climbed the tables during the season?
  3. Who stumbled and dropped down the tables?

Or did it all end up back right where it started? (Please tell me that wasn’t the case.)

(edited by Zenguy.6421)

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

3 servers went undefeated and won, there were no surprises.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in WvW

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

I can only say about gold and silver league.

In gold league, Blackgate won the league undefeated. The win was a shock to many people since Blackgate was considered the weakest T1 server before league started (due to the loss of its major SEA guild MERC) and was not expected to win the league. Another surprise in gold league is TC surpassed SoR and came to third place.

In silver league, FA regained its strength and won silver undefeated. The big surprise is YB overtook SBI (one of the silver league favorite) and took second place. SBI dropped down to third, they blame the result on a massive 2vs1 during the critical YB/SBI/EBay match.

Blackgate Engineer

in WvW

Posted by: Snafu.7412

Snafu.7412

Maguuma won gold league don’t listen to these guys.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Blackgate, Fort Aspenwood and Henge of Denravi won.

Best overall matches were in Bronze League I think its safe to say.

Now I wouldn’t say there were no surprises:

Yaks coming in 2nd in Silver was a surprise.
AR rebounding and doing better than expected.
TC came in 3rd and SoR 4th in Gold.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

So:

1. Who won?

Or did it all end up back right where it started? (Please tell me that wasn’t the case.)

Who won: ANet for cashing in on transfers

Who surpassed themselves: Nobody in the US League really. No one was a surprise victor.

Who stumbled: ANet for the “December Fools” joke reward chest

Unfortunately leagues were at best a yawn and at worst a torture placed on bottom league servers. There are plenty I am sure who liked it but A LOT more who burned out beating on less populated servers or getting beat by servers they had no business fighting for weeks on end. I cannot imagine anyone is happy with the achievement chest.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Righteous.4307

Righteous.4307

Blackgate, Fort Aspenwood and Henge of Denravi won.

Best overall matches were in Bronze League I think its safe to say.

Now I wouldn’t say there were no surprises:

Yaks coming in 2nd in Silver was a surprise.
AR rebounding and doing better than expected.
TC came in 3rd and SoR 4th in Gold.

DH beat SF in bronze to take second place from the heavily favored SF.

Other than that I think you got the rest covered.

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander
http://mugw2.enjin.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

Well, there was drama in Gold League about Blackgate allegedly buying guilds midseason to help them beat the other T1 servers. After that most of the servers just stopped trying against Blackgate so they cruised to a win.

Silver League was won by Fort Aspenwood in an undefeated manner. Accusations of tanking and such were thrown and debated (who really cares, if FA wasn’t there then Mag would’ve been and would have Roflstomped even with their anti-ppt culture). The big thing was the fall of SBI. Considered by most to be the favorites, they lost to FA in the first week and then was driven down to third by a quasi-alliance by YB and Ebay. YB was able to snag the number 2 spot overall due to this.

Bronze league was much closer in terms of actual week-long fights, but HoD pulled out the wins in each match-up. I’m sure there was drama there as well, I just didn’t pay attention to it as much. Anvil Rock has started picking up steam so it should be cool to see what the recovery of that server is going to be.

(edited by Tibstrike.2974)

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Its all (hidden) away here:-

https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/eu/wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

Best to just pretend the whole thing didnt happen, with that I apparently agree with ANET.

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

In this thread: revisionist history.

Expect more after Season 2.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

in WvW

Posted by: Fasyx.9347

Fasyx.9347

in WvW

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

Thanks for the summaries from the US league.

It’s sad there were so few changes from the start of the season. Can see why Anet aren’t shouting about the results of the league (at least the achievements encouraged more people to try WvW).
Congrats to BG, FA and HD for their wins, to TC and YB for improving a place, and to AR for its climb up the ranks.

What happened in the EU league?

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Thanks for the summaries from the US league.

It’s sad there were so few changes from the start of the season. Can see why Anet aren’t shouting about the results of the league (at least the achievements encouraged more people to try WvW).
Congrats to BG, FA and HD for their wins, to TC and YB for improving a place, and to AR for its climb up the ranks.

What happened in the EU league?

When it comes to enthusiasm for their PvP you’re dealing with the wrong company.

Season 1 was just a temporary achievement tracker (PvE) and a greens-containing “big reward chest”.

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

1. Who won?

1. No one cares who , cause some servers gamed the system so much that it was a disaster.
2. The servers that gamed the system and dropped tiers so they could win their league, they are the ones that climbed the tables.
3. The servers that were so honest NOT to game the system and jumped over the gaming servers where the ones that dropped down the tables.

Then the rewards came… which were… let’s say… ‘underwhelming’. So people just all went ‘meh’ and moved on.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

As someone who played through some of Season 1, there were no winners, everyone lost as soon as the season was over and they opened their 7 week grind chest with 2 greens in it.

No one is a winner.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

As someone who played through some of Season 1, there were no winners, everyone lost as soon as the season was over and they opened their 7 week grind chest with 2 greens in it.

No one is a winner.

Considering the fact that the chest was effectively a consequence of actually playing WvW for those of us who play WvW…

…I’m fairly happy with my exotic and ten auto-levels that I earned by not doing anything different at all.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Merrex.5384

Merrex.5384

Well from what I am seeing on the forums the winners are upset that they did not get more for their efforts. Bragging rights and a finisher move was not enough I guess. I personally Learned that people will stoop to new lows when it comes to a Win. I would like to see more personal WvWvW rewards. Some people rode the coat tails of others to their win. And others played like champions only to lose no matter how well they played. And now the server randomness will be cut down even more, chances of you playing against a new server is all but gone now. Your server will be stuck playing against the same 2 other servers 95% of the time. It will seam like the same old same old. Nothing new or exciting to do or see move along.