Server Match up is terrible

in WvW

Posted by: Carzor Stelatis.9435

Carzor Stelatis.9435

Ending free transfers (and banning new-transfers from wvw for a week) sorted the stacking problem.

Actually I think the opposite is true. Ending free transfers created worst stacking than ever before. With free transfers, people will stack onto servers to force those who wants competition and those who wants to play onto other servers. The queues will be unbearable and thus forces people to move away. Now with paid transfers, people want to only spend their gold/gems to transfer into a server that is guaranteed to win even though they know they are super-stacked. Most guilds loves to go to a server who they can out-blob another server. Their mentality is hit 1 key repeatedly and close eyes since any other skills probably won’t activate. Wake up and see badges and other loots.

Maybe they need to be stricter then? Still allow server transfers, but you have to play on your old server’s wvw team for a month?

in WvW

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

I think the problem is mechanics not scoring system. The game rewards zerging too heavily and the current mechanic strongly favour the numerically superior side. Specifically:

• downed state – greatly favours the numerically superior side.
  • AOE cap – the low cap promotes herd defenses, and with the current dominance of ACs, the side with the more supply wins.
  • Flat reward system – rewards should be scaled by the difference in attackers vs defenders, eg: a 1.5x numerical advantage should equal 1/1.5 = 2/3rds the rewards. A 100-man zerg who takes garrison defended by 20 should not all get the same rewards as 100v100.

Suggested improvements:

• scale rewards to #attackers/#defenders for all objectives
  • greatly improve bonuses to outnumbered sides – taken towers/keeps start with ACs, require less supply to upgrade, NPC strength scaled up considerably.
  • siegerazer shouldn’t need 10 players to start, 1 player should be enough.
  • make it free to transfer once / month to a lower-tiered server.
downed state is bad for PVP

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

More maps would mean less concentrated numbers in the same areas.

Timed gates, jumps, levers, controls, etc. would all make for zerg-breaking. You know, like how you add those to spvp instead of WvW, the thing people actually care about.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

Seems like almost everyone already made suggestions, but Anet have not even considered any of them. The best fix to this major lag is reduce the WvW caps. I heard it’s 80 per map? If so, let’s drop it down to 40 per BL map and 60 for EB. To help even out the matches, implement “super buffs” to counter “super blobs”. Like I said, if there is 50 people vs 5, the 5 needs the strength of 50. They get a multiplier of 10. That will help fix this joke of blobbing and fast press #1 key. There are no servers who can out-blob the top 4 servers. It’s almost impossible to out-blob the top 2 for now. Unless you combined the 3rd and 4th server, there’s no way for them to outblob them. So many suggestions and Anet too busy adding more titles and more one time PVE events… Explains why the most fun part of the game is the “trading post”.

-S o S-

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

rofl, 40 people per map would make it impossible to get a guild into a map to play together. Just delete the worst 6 servers in both regions and make them pick new ones to even out the population, don’t ruin wvw for the other servers.

in WvW

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

From one of the lowest servers now (Anvil Rock – we lost a huge portion of our population), you could simply ally low-servers together (the lowest 6 get teamed up) to take on larger servers every few weeks. Although, I am really liking these lower numbers. I am not even seeing a ton of lag during a 3 way SM fight we had.

in WvW

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

WvW is just getting horribly boring. Same thing week after week. One server will always be a super zerg that has 24 hour coverage and 80 people on constantly rolling over the other 2 servers and spawn camping them. People have made countless suggestions on how to fix this and Anet does nothing about it. Customers are getting kitten ed and this wait and see what happens attitude by Anet isn’t helping. DO SOMETHING OR PEOPLE WILL JUST GET BORED AND FIND ANOTHER GAME TO PLAY! Atleast freaking act like you’re trying to fix it. No one is enjoying the current system except for the mega zergs. It needs to be fixed now, not later.

Countless suggestions ? I have yet to hear one good suggestion. For many reasons, I don’t think it is solvable.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

rofl, 40 people per map would make it impossible to get a guild into a map to play together. Just delete the worst 6 servers in both regions and make them pick new ones to even out the population, don’t ruin wvw for the other servers.

Why should the lower population servers be forced to pick more stacked servers? That’s why people are kitten ed now, don’t you get that? Some servers are too stacked. If anyone should be forced to choose new servers, it’s the mega zergs that have 24 hour coverage with 80 people on every map all the time. Going up against that isn’t fun. Even if you had 80 people as well, it would just become super laggy for everyone and all it would be is a 1 button spam fest. Reducing the population cap is the perfect solution to evening things out and reducing the lag at the same time. The only people resistant to this are the ones on the mega zerg servers who want to continually mindlessly spam 1 through the lag and collect badges afterwards.

in WvW

Posted by: Jereme.1840

Jereme.1840

The concept of tiers has little meaning at this point and you should try to stop thinking of matchups in those terms. Servers are matched up by proximity of rating, not proximity of “tier”. If the tiers have ratings that are within the range of the random adjustment, they can end up fighting each other. This is going to result in blowouts, no doubt about it. However, we are not going to make changes to this after just 2 weeks of the system. There are things we can do. We will almost certainly end up adjusting the total added to each server rating to group the matchups a little more closely. First however, we need to let the ratings adjust by having more varied matchups like these. If you look at EU, which is using the exact same system, you can see matchups with numerous surprising results. The same will likely be true by the end of the NA matchup.

TL;DR: We are going to wait at least a couple more weeks before changing any of the math behind the new system, but it is very likely we’ll decrease the size of the variation at some point.

Let’s see here. this weeks match up
DB 1,927,906
MAG 1,760,681
YB 1,560,784

Mag always has to face someone with 1,900,000 or higher week after week , which usually outnumbers us 3-1 at the least.

This is what makes it funnier

TC 2,025,177
SOS 1,747,918
FA 1,867,443

The way I see it it should be TC/FA/DB = SOS/MAG/YB

The system is horrible.

in WvW

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

Its boring, and what you have instead is people leaving servers to find fights, if a fight is what you would call it? I would call it boring, repetitive, cyclical, and completely uninovative. All you did was create a game where numbers are all that matter in the scheme of things. Why pit HUGE number servers with a wvw population 24/7 vs medium/small sized servers whose population dwindles at normal hours. All you have given the medium/small server is a guaranteed loss, and no fights, because all you have is a mass of idiots all roaming together.

Numbers trumps skill and fun simultaneously. BORING. the maps are too constrictive, and just depend on a bunch of mindless robots following another on an endless karma train of take a keep loose a keep, crap a tower. boring!

i guess i could go do some disney pve, or just go do a FOTM. You guys are killing your own endgame and don’t even realize it. LOL, if your end game is FOTM, or this unending vomitting of uninteresting pve content, then your going to be in the hot seat when a game with smart, complex RvR comes out. Better wake up, drink some coffee and get back to the drawing board, because endgame is the only game.

(edited by Gryph.8237)

in WvW

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

I’ll trade you guys WvW developers for PvP developers.
When 10 people complain the pvp developers change something, when 100+ people complain WvW developers got the balls to say “no”.

in WvW

Posted by: Actinotus.6410

Actinotus.6410

DB 1,927,906
MAG 1,760,681
YB 1,560,784

Mag always has to face someone with 1,900,000 or higher week after week , which usually outnumbers us 3-1 at the least.

TC 2,025,177
SOS 1,747,918
FA 1,867,443

The system is horrible.

TC would win by a lot and SoS would win by quite a bit because of the oceanic time. And do you want this locked in to tiers for the next six weeks?

This score is all about coverage. Score in NA “T1” is pretty close because all three can cover most maps most of the time. TC will likely win the current “T2” match because they have more people playing in WvW and can cover more borderlands with more people.

SoS is getting used to playing against bigger numbers recently and we have some smart commanders who know exactly how to counter some of these zergs and mess with their heads a bit.

Last night in EB it was pretty awesome between SoS FA and TC. Those crazy battles (even those nasty surprises from TC).

Sea of Sorrows

(edited by Actinotus.6410)

in WvW

Actinotus.6410

DB 1,927,906
MAG 1,760,681
YB 1,560,784

TC 2,025,177
SOS 1,747,918
FA 1,867,443

The system is horrible.

This score is all about coverage. Score in NA “T1” is pretty close because all three can cover most maps most of the time. TC will likely win the current “T2” match because they have more people playing in WvW and can cover more borderlands with more people.

SoS is getting used to playing against bigger numbers recently and we have some smart commanders who know exactly how to counter some of these zergs and mess with their heads a bit.

Last night in EB it was pretty awesome between SoS FA and TC. Those crazy battles (even those nasty surprises from TC).

When you play DB 5-6 weeks then you will understand lol

We’ve played TC for five weeks I think and DB for one. TC is stronger than DB. DB does the PvD with the asian-timezone people (a bit like JQ with FOO back when we were in T1).

The only way these population/score imbalances are going to change is for players to destack to other servers to spread the population, and/or Anet impose some reduced caps to player numbers per map (which could include taking out or remaking the borderland maps).

The last matchup TC beat DB by over 100000 and there seems to be complaints coming from TC about the boredom coming from imbalances so maybe the movement will come out of TC (as I really can’t see any of the NA top three servers imploding).

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Rawr.5930

Rawr.5930

DB 1,927,906
MAG 1,760,681
YB 1,560,784

TC 2,025,177
SOS 1,747,918
FA 1,867,443

The system is horrible.

We’ve played TC for five weeks I think and DB for one. TC is stronger than DB. DB does the PvD with the asian-timezone people (a bit like JQ with FOO back when we were in T1).

The only way these population/score imbalances are going to change is for players to destack to other servers to spread the population, and/or Anet impose some reduced caps to player numbers per map (which could include taking out or remaking the borderland maps).

The last matchup TC beat DB by over 100000 and there seems to be complaints coming from TC about the boredom coming from imbalances so maybe the movement will come out of TC (as I really can’t see any of the NA top three servers imploding).

Wishing implosion on your competition is classy as always.

Just another reason why everyone loves you.

Meega Kweesta

in WvW

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

DB 1,927,906
MAG 1,760,681
YB 1,560,784

TC 2,025,177
SOS 1,747,918
FA 1,867,443

The system is horrible.

What make makes it funnier is that, that is how it was before they brought out the new matchmaking system a month or two ago.

in WvW

Nikkinella.8254

Too bad we can’t form alliances to take down the bigger server when things are totally one sided. I’d have no problem having a ceasefire with Mag in order to take down DB. Any of you in Mag, pass that along to the commanders. we’d rather team up with you than have everything be green on all 4 maps. I mean, the best we can do now in situations like this is try to double team, but it would be nice if Anet would add in some sort of official alliance thing where we could partner up and you guys would no longer be red to us and we could see eachother talk and form strategies together to take down a bigger threat. stuff like that happens in actual wars all the time, so why not here? I don’t know just seems like a really simple thing to do that would add a lot more fun to things. right now it’s boring.

(edited by Nikkinella.8254)

in WvW

Posted by: Jine.6130

Jine.6130

Why not do it like in the football (soccer) leagues.

A fixed amount of servers fight for a month or so. The matchups rotate in this tier. At the end, all points from all matchups will be summed up and a ranking list will be created.
The first and second server go a tier up and the last 2 go one down.

If they aren´t to many servers in the tiers, then it should be a better matchmaking.

I´m to lazy to do the math right now but what about 6 servers in one tier or so. Adding a system which provides better loot to servers in lower tiers would be good too. Like perma magic find on the last 2 tiers. That might attract some players or guilds to join these servers.

(sry for bad english)

in WvW

Actinotus.6410

DB 1,927,906
MAG 1,760,681
YB 1,560,784

TC 2,025,177
SOS 1,747,918
FA 1,867,443

The system is horrible.

Wishing implosion on your competition is classy as always.

Just another reason why everyone loves you.

My guess is you’re from TC? I really don’t wish TC to “implode” (and I didn’t say that) – trust me, the gloating that went on when SoS had some guilds move earlier in the year was pretty ugly. There are TC people on these forums though complaining about how boring this matchup is for them (and being a bit narky about SoS and FA).

I believe having some oceanic players from SoS (such as people from MERC, OCX, and AFS) move to other servers has been a positive overall (even though I personally miss some of them). We don’t really go +695 any more during oceanic time and the game is more competitive for us and everyone else during that time period (including in current matchup against TC).

SoS effectively “destacked” and emerged fine. My argument is that spreading the population around is a positive but to be honest what I think WILL happen is the top servers will continue to become MORE stacked.

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

DB 1,927,906
MAG 1,760,681
YB 1,560,784

TC 2,025,177
SOS 1,747,918
FA 1,867,443

The system is horrible.

TC would win by a lot and SoS would win by quite a bit because of the oceanic time. And do you want this locked in to tiers for the next six weeks?

I’d be overjoyed playing a well competitive match for months straight. I and other people (People who picked a server from day 1 and stand by it, not server hoping band wagoners) don’t care if we verse the same teams, it’s great for rivalry, its the people who are scared of rivalry that got WvW into this mess.

Competitive fights + rivalry > steam rolled by server stacked zergs

in WvW

Posted by: Jalad Lantana.3027

Jalad Lantana.3027

My world has been bouncing around in the bottom 3 tiers for months. As long as we are in the the last two tiers, we get matches where we have a chance and there is a contest.

Once we win a few and bounce up to tier 6, we get matched with worlds that so outman us it’s not a contest, and I have a hard time trying to eek some fun out the situation where even if you map hop, even the most remote supply camps are a sea of red tags. Those weeks the best plan of action is to go back to PVE and wait for our world to slide down a tier or two.

It looks to be the opposite if you manage to get into one of the top worlds, then its 2 equal matchups and one steamroller where you are the one doing the rolling.

I don’t see any solution given the way WvWs rules and system are framed. Unless a few really large hardcore guilds move in mass to my world, I don’t see it ever getting into a situation where our matchups are ones where we have a decent chance. Saving up in order to bandwagon up the ladder via world transfers starts looking more and more like the only alternative.

HOD
Guardian / Ranger / Mesmer / Necro / Warrior
Played since 1st online ‘demo’ months before the BWEs.

(edited by Jalad Lantana.3027)

in WvW

Posted by: SquirtyMagoo.8321

SquirtyMagoo.8321

System is not working as intended.

Matchups have not ‘balanced’ themselves after more than a month. We still have T4 servers jumping to T2.

Time to fire the guy that decided to implement Glicko’s beautiful system in such a ugly way. Then reduce the weight on the random number roll.

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

If it wasn’t for GvG this game would suck.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

sure theres alot of complainers on the forums, ironically they are all part of the more populated severs where:

They move up 1 tier or 1 sever from the higher comes down- they get wrecked…. they whine and complain.

They go down or a server from below comes up…. they complete map due to other servers lack of coverage…..they whine and complain.

They stay in the same tier of similar servers that have the coverage to compete and put up an equal fight…..do they do something here? NOPE they whine and complain about lack of diversity

Good to know that matchup has been kind to your server. Now quit being so tunnel visioned and try looking at matchmaking from other people’s point of view where they have to face tier 2 servers while they are tier 5.

wow after having so much fun with you last week… to see you here :/ disappointing.

1st. get the tier thing out of your head…. tiers don’t exist anymore.

2ndly If you are gonna use tier differences at least use your tier prepatch since this random tier now means nothing. It just makes you look absolutely pathetic painting your self a t5 when prepatch you were a fluctuating t3-t4. Because i had a absolute blast last week with you ill give you your highest tier.

so 2 t3’s are getting beat by a t2 XD which of the 3 situations am i describing? i guess i must have tunnel vision not seeing it through the eyes of 7 or so servers out of the total 24 XD

I want to see Darkhaven face Tarnished Coast. Bet you wouldn’t be making such a kitten post.

Bro do you even guard yaks? I hope we get them next week to be honest. oh wait you were hoping that we would cringe in fear from being out covered. heres some fun info:

EVERY MORNING we are lucky if we are able to get 30 players TOTAL in wvw to hold structures and regain camps.

tell me again when your server had 10ish people on your bl trying to defend against 20-30 hoping the 2nd server doesn’t notice until noon when more people will arrive.

either step up or get out of the fire and transfer to the lower ranking servers if you don’t like your current situation make room for those who love epic impossibilities

(edit btw i dont mean for people to transfer into your current server i mean for other servers to get enough rating to take your servers place)

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

(edited by echo.2053)

in WvW

Jereme.1840

Week1 DB/MAG/SBI
Week2 FA/MAG/EB
Week3 DB/MAG/FA
Week4 YB/MAG/CD
Week5 TC/MAG/SOS
Week6 FA/MAG/KAINEG
Week7 DB/MAG/YB

See the trend?

Week 4 was the only week the point match up system was close. I did exaggerate a bit by saying we faced DB 5-6 times,was only 3 times. I didn’t exaggerate the fact that other then 1 week we have always faced a 1,900,000+ rating server with full coverage that outnumbers us at least 3-1. A 100,000 point deficit over the weekend week after week isn’t fun for anyone.

(edited by Jereme.1840)

in WvW

Posted by: Lillie.9106

Lillie.9106

I think it’s safe to say 2 of the biggest complaints about WvW are:

“I’m tired of getting facerolled when our outnumbered server faces one that is stacked”
“I’m tired of playing the same kittening servers every week”

Once you fix the first, you fix the second. This really isn’t that difficult to fix either through server merges, and it’s been done with success in other MMOs that have faced the same issue. That, or incentivizing players to move to lower pop servers would help, but I see the exact opposite of that going on right now. When it costs an arm and a leg to move off your server, everyone digs in their heels. I don’t blame them.

I’m not sure why people are saying constructive and feasible suggestions haven’t been provided – I’m not the only one who’s said this. The fact that this could get done relatively easily and it hasn’t been yet tells me it’s not high on ANet’s priority list, nor will it be so long as they’re getting revenue in other ways.

in WvW

Posted by: Nemesis.2019

Nemesis.2019

Rank 5(Dragonband)vs rank 12(Yaks Bend) woot we are getting steamrolled this week, last we we lost by 20k points this week it will be 200-300k. (

in WvW

Jereme.1840

DB 1,927,906
MAG 1,760,681
YB 1,560,784

TC 2,025,177
SOS 1,747,918
FA 1,867,443

The system is horrible.

I’d be overjoyed playing a well competitive match for months straight. I and other people (People who picked a server from day 1 and stand by it, not server hoping band wagoners) don’t care if we verse the same teams, it’s great for rivalry, its the people who are scared of rivalry that got WvW into this mess.

Competitive fights + rivalry > steam rolled by server stacked zergs

I totally Agree with you I was loving the MAG/KAINEG/YB Rivalry..

in WvW

Posted by: Hylert.2314

Hylert.2314

I will say to you the same as I said to my guildies, “I don’t care about the raiting anymore, it’s kittened up, I just fight and have fun”.
We on RoS worked us up from T9 to T7, and did good there, but we couldn’t get enough winning points to go up to T6. And then this new system just destroyed our hard work and we dropped in rating. And a couple of weeks ago we was back fighting Vabbi and FoW. Last two matches have been more fair with Dz,WsR and RoF.

<<Miranda Saxon, Guardian>>
<< Gwenyth Saxon, Elementalist>>
DeX on RoS

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

RoF had in last 7 weeks only 2 weeks of fair matchup.. Second week is right now against DZ and RoS.
With fear we are looking to friday reset. We hope to have good matchup again, but less and less people believes in it, looking on other matchups.

in WvW

Posted by: Bezidej.1085

Bezidej.1085

Playing on EU servers made me think i will have to play during my day time to cap or defend things. But Anet made it possible ppl cap everything with no defenders at all during night. If i wanted to be outmanned, and lose all that we cap i would go to NA server even i am from EU. But thing that really bugs me is how Anet made this random matchups. It is made so towers are fliped all time, so people spend money to upgrade em a lot. This is just amazingly greedy decision. As we all know less and less people having fun in wvw this way. Even servers that are a lot stronger say same. ! week you have no fights at all, running for a veteran guard sanity for at least some wxp, next week you cant get out of your spawn… Things have to be done in wvwvw cause even i know many people that are leaving GW2 cause of this issues. Once there was guild in Aion called “Waiting for Guild Wars 2”. Maybe it is time for us to make “Waiting for TES” With hope there will be some balance there…

in WvW

Posted by: fabz.4736

fabz.4736

gg Anet whats 20-25 players meant to do to a fully queued zerg

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Pretty much same for SoS and many many other servers that have to fight DB & TC (below “T2”). The coverage gap is insane and people are deluded if they think the ratings mean jack.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

We’re now in week7? of this travesty. The gem sales must just be rocking for them to keep this going.

I wonder how many sales they’ll get for transfers once people just give up? I’ve already noticed that there haven’t been any large guild transfers in a while now. I wonder how long they can keep it up with just individuals transferring around.

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

T1 stays static as always.

And what would you expect to happen? Do you think anyone has even a remote chance in T1 aside from the three goliaths? Your death certificate would be dated and signed by Saturday morning.

TC would rather fight a losing battle against T1 servers than deal with this garbage every single week.

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Another horrible week of imbalance. Time to take a break from GW2 until next Friday.

It feels like time to just stop playing/paying.

I haven’t played any WvW since thursday last week. Definitely time to stop playing at least that portion of the game. The word to describe it now is “ruined.”

in WvW

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

I tend to try to avoid “doom and gloom” but I will just add my name to the list of people who have essentially lost interest in this game after this change.

I barely played WvW last week (I’m on DB btw). Logging into giant TC zergs on every map, and almost nobody on my team was disheartening. Most of the times we had a commander on maybe 1 map if we were lucky.

I played reset night this week, and then woke up Saturday to a 30k lead within like 12 hours of the match starting…I haven’t played WvW since (I’ve checked in every day with my guild, and with the PPT…there is almost never anything to do. We are like 3x ahead of the server below us).

The problem for me is…WvW was all I did. I leveled my first toon in PvE and I’ve leveled my 4 others solely in WvW from Level 2 (well one guy I leveled to 10 before going in). It’s the only reason I play[ed] the game. With this change I haven’t really done anything else except open my achievement box. That’s sad really. When the matches are good, I have a lot of fun….but not like this. Not like this

in WvW

echo.2053

I tend to try to avoid “doom and gloom” but I will just add my name to the list of people who have essentially lost interest in this game after this change.

I barely played WvW last week (I’m on DB btw). Logging into giant TC zergs on every map, and almost nobody on my team was disheartening. Most of the times we had a commander on maybe 1 map if we were lucky.

I played reset night this week, and then woke up Saturday to a 30k lead within like 12 hours of the match starting…I haven’t played WvW since (I’ve checked in every day with my guild, and with the PPT…there is almost never anything to do. We are like 3x ahead of the server below us).

The problem for me is…WvW was all I did. I leveled my first toon in PvE and I’ve leveled my 4 others solely in WvW from Level 2 (well one guy I leveled to 10 before going in). It’s the only reason I play[ed] the game. With this change I haven’t really done anything else except open my achievement box. That’s sad really. When the matches are good, I have a lot of fun….but not like this. Not like this

so why haven’t you switched to a low ranking server? you can’t face a server above or below, you can only play a certain 2 servers…..i dont see how you had fun prior to the patch.

in WvW

Nikkinella.8254

We aren’t too happy about facing you guys again either. Even during our prime time, we barely have enough people to hold out against you on 1 map while you have enough people to flood all 4 maps simultaneously. Most of us have just said screw it and haven’t even bothered logging into wvw. Just doing PvE stuff now till next week. It’s no fun facing the giant red blob.

in WvW

Posted by: Barbelo.5916

Barbelo.5916

Before these changes happened, we were in a tier with a server that always came out on top, week after week, month after month. The reason was they were more populated than the other 2 servers in the tier (or they were more of a WvW server while we were PvE). This was frustrating for the other 2 servers, obviously. Everybody knew the perennial number 1 server in the tier (Darkhaven) could do enough to move at least 1 tier higher, but always near weekly reset they would stop and rest so that they don’t move up tiers. They probably knew they’d be beaten in the higher tiers so they wanted to stay in our tier to be the bullies. The changes have gotten us out of this horrible, disheartening situation. Yes, this new system still has flaws but at least we have equal chances of going up against “weaker” servers as well as stronger ones.

IOJ [TRBO]

in WvW

drwookie.6391

We aren’t too happy about facing you guys again either. Even during our prime time, we barely have enough people to hold out against you on 1 map while you have enough people to flood all 4 maps simultaneously. Most of us have just said screw it and haven’t even bothered logging into wvw. Just doing PvE stuff now till next week. It’s no fun facing the giant red blob.

I totally understand, I would hate it as well (Last week facing TC wasn’t very much fun).

Transferring for me isn’t really an option, because while WvW is all play, I also pretty much do it exclusively with my guild…transferring the 100+ people is unrealistic right now (We recently transferred TO DB from a higher tier server).

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I hate to sound like a broken record but the problem with both matchmaking systems we have had so far is that the matches are being made by a computer.

The original one was bad for the lower tiers. This one is bad for the upper tiers.

At the top it has got to be SoR-BG-JQ and TC-DB-FA for any semblance of a good match. You could maybe switch out TC and JQ every once and awhile – we haven’t gotten a chance to see yet because the stupid computer cannot see that is something that should be done.

Instead the stupid computer puts SoS up with TC five times!

This system at least needs a person to monitor it – someone else mentioned “adult supervision” – and that’s a great way to put it. For example, when the current set of matches was rolled by the RNG, a person could have looked at it and INSTANTLY said, oh kitten. All that person would have had to do is switch DB and SoS and bam, we would have had good matches.

(edited by Johje Holan.4607)

in WvW

Posted by: Contrary.4036

Contrary.4036

Before these changes happened, we were in a tier with a server that always came out on top, week after week, month after month. The reason was they were more populated than the other 2 servers in the tier (or they were more of a WvW server while we were PvE). This was frustrating for the other 2 servers, obviously. Everybody knew the perennial number 1 server in the tier (Darkhaven) could do enough to move at least 1 tier higher, but always near weekly reset they would stop and rest so that they don’t move up tiers. They probably knew they’d be beaten in the higher tiers so they wanted to stay in our tier to be the bullies. The changes have gotten us out of this horrible, disheartening situation. Yes, this new system still has flaws but at least we have equal chances of going up against “weaker” servers as well as stronger ones.

As a DHer, I got bored by the end of the week and stopped playing. Nothing to do with what tier we were in. A lot of the people I was talking to were itching to move up and frustrated that we couldn’t make the jump. WvW has been a lot of fun since the change for me at least.

[Darkhaven]

in WvW

Chris.3290

Ok, the only sub-tier 1 server that should be matched up with TC is crying uncle about facing TC now.

Nearly 10 months into 1 week matches and we’re already full circle to where we were in the beginning, with 2 mega-servers and 2 servers stuck in 3rd-4th that make Tier 2 a living hell; only now they mixed it up so that it makes life hell for Tier 3 instead of just tier 2.

First, best fix to this is to stop basis transfer costs on population and base them on ranking. Make it 3000 gems to transfer to T1, T2 2200, T3 1600, T4 1300, T5 1000, T6 700, T7 300, T8 (& T9 in EU) free.
Start this process with a free transfer weekend to celebrate the 1st year anniversary, for free days you can transfer to any non-full, non T1 server for free.

Then scrap the RNG and watch a dynamic shake-up and that will still see the current T1 competitive, but will close the gap between T1 and the rest of the pack; ending up closer to the EU matchups.

Lastly, allow for human intervention in the system, creating a “bump-up” ability when one server has consistently defeated it’s enemies by >100,000 points.
Either that, or create buffs based on ranking but it’d be easier if the population voluntarily dispersed.

That’s the perfect answer. The simple one is to lower population caps on the maps which would force T1 to disperse, but that’s not fair to them either.

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

Ok, the only sub-tier 1 server that should be matched up with TC is crying uncle about facing TC now.

Nearly 10 months into 1 week matches and we’re already full circle to where we were in the beginning, with 2 mega-servers and 2 servers stuck in 3rd-4th that make Tier 2 a living hell; only now they mixed it up so that it makes life hell for Tier 3 instead of just tier 2.

First, best fix to this is to stop basis transfer costs on population and base them on ranking. Make it 3000 gems to transfer to T1, T2 2200, T3 1600, T4 1300, T5 1000, T6 700, T7 300, T8 (& T9 in EU) free.
Start this process with a free transfer weekend to celebrate the 1st year anniversary, for free days you can transfer to any non-full, non T1 server for free.

Then scrap the RNG and watch a dynamic shake-up and that will still see the current T1 competitive, but will close the gap between T1 and the rest of the pack; ending up closer to the EU matchups.

Lastly, allow for human intervention in the system, creating a “bump-up” ability when one server has consistently defeated it’s enemies by >100,000 points.
Either that, or create buffs based on ranking but it’d be easier if the population voluntarily dispersed.

That’s the perfect answer. The simple one is to lower population caps on the maps which would force T1 to disperse, but that’s not fair to them either.

While that is a very good proposed solution, the issue of this type of scaling is the PvE’ers who will ask “Why do I need to pay 3000 gems to transfer to a T1 server when I never play WvW?”

PvE and WvW populations need to be separated. Plain in simple.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in WvW

Chris.3290

While that is a very good proposed solution, the issue of this type of scaling is the PvE’ers who will ask “Why do I need to pay 3000 gems to transfer to a T1 server when I never play WvW?”

PvE and WvW populations need to be separated. Plain in simple.

That’s why I suggested making it based upon ranking rather than population. PvE’rs will almost never transfer, since they can just guest on another server if they want to play with people on another server.

The Home server choice only matters to WvWr’s so there isn’t really a need to separate the populations.
As for a “full” server, I have no answers on how that can be handled, other than that ANet has graciously created more room for the top servers even as overall game population has had a net decrease over the same time period.

Like I said earlier, they can only get so much traction in trying to get all of the WvWr’s to stack into the top three tiers and eventually they’ll have to deal with the communities they destroyed in the process.

It’s best they pull back from the brink and let the system stabilize before they engage in further destabilization in pursuit of gem sales.

Besides, they can make up the loss of gem sales by releasing the previously mentioned WXP boosters. The second those hit, they’ll be rolling in purchases.

in WvW

echo.2053

We recently transferred TO DB from a higher tier server

transferred from level 1 stacked server to level 2 stacked server expecting a change /facepalm.

cant tell if your ioj or nsp…. either way its still <3

1. we were/are not afraid of being beaten by newer tiers. we drooled at the chance to meet new servers and finally with this system we are getting that chance and loving every second of it win or loss.

2. The old system was so broke that you had to win by a landslide weeks on end to move. After the 2nd week of winning yeah we got bored and started messing around more. don’t get me wrong i love doing stupid stuff but there is something seriously wrong when your whole serious is screwing around while getting 2v1 and still coming out on top by 30k points weekly :/

in WvW

drwookie.6391

We recently transferred TO DB from a higher tier server

transferred from level 1 stacked server to level 2 stacked server expecting a change /facepalm.

It may have not been the best decision, I honestly can’t comment. I was on vacation for 2 months and out of the game. I got back and everyone I played with in game was on a new server, so I simply joined them because they are the reason I play. The core group of us now play a lot less, at least the last two weeks, because of the matches.

Though I would point out that “stacked” is in the eye of the beholder. Last week TC was crazy stacked against us…we could never field enough people. This week we are crazy stacked against our opposition.. etc…. Calling a server “stacked” versus its competition is exactly what this kind of thread is trying to address — the system isn’t working because you get “stacked” matches in multiple tiers, over and over again.

in WvW

Jereme.1840

The system doesn’t work because it was implemented to late and the free transfers were taken away to late. To many band wagoners server hopping to ride the coat tails of already accomplished guild’s/servers so it’s easier on them.

in WvW

echo.2053

Though I would point out that “stacked” is in the eye of the beholder.Last week TC was crazy stacked against us…we could never field enough people. This week we are crazy stacked against our opposition.. etc…. Calling a server “stacked” versus its competition is exactly what this kind of thread is trying to address — the system isn’t working because you get “stacked” matches in multiple tiers, over and over again.

Actually is a classic example of a stacking. excluding the possibility of other 2 servers ganging up on you the entire match. Going through the server history you have 1 ironic match vs TC/FA and a slight one with FA/MAG what does that tell you?

if FA isn’t there to balance you out you crush(win by ~100k) the 18 servers below or lose to the 4 servers above. Even then whoever is the 3rd server seems to decided whether your 1st or 2nd/3rd. By all means though if you want only 1 match up get everyone to try to ask anet to set you up like jq/bg/sor…. because they look like they having so much fun. I bet they can’t wait to celebrate their year anniversary /sarcasm

sure you could make the argument about viewpoints, but its not a problem of when a server views another server as stacked. Its a problem of a huge congregation of people within the top 8 servers ( band wagoners or not) that can only have somewhat equal matches in a very very narrow combination then other servers.

Anet never intended for everyone to flood to one side, this is why there’s no achievement or reward for winning T1. It was suppose to be a somewhat evenly distribution of players ( minor skill and population differences). They prolly didn’t believe people would actually care what tier they were in, can’t really blame them for that since the perks are pretty much nonexistent.

This system is great because it shows you what your true differences between servers is. Most servers are having a blast except maybe the ones facing the stacked servers for that week. Its funny people would rather be bored/quit then a simple transfer to lower
server.

in WvW

Chris.3290

This system is great because it shows you what your true differences between servers is. Most servers are having a blast except maybe the ones facing the stacked servers for that week. Its funny people would rather be bored/quit then a simple transfer to lower
server.

Do you know that you are closer to us in points than SBI was when they drew us last week?

DH seems to be on an upswing but you’ll be seeing things like the rest of us if you draw one or two T3 servers on Friday.