Server Match up is terrible

in WvW

Posted by: Belorn.2659

Belorn.2659

One hour into reset night, NSP got outnumbered on their own BL, while focusing all efforts in their own BL.

Kind of tells the story. Sincerely doubt that NSP is doing anything serious as “working together” with an other world this week.

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

same issue here, SBI vs IOJ vs NSP

IOJ has outnumbered buff in EB in prime times because the zergs from SBI are incredibly huge. And not only that, anet employes play on the server that is already hugely outnumberes other aka on SBI side.

SBI is t2 server and shouldn’t be facing IOJ right now. Worst match up i ever saw. And anet supporting that server is even bigger slap in the face.

This is just really absurd, we face like 70 ppl zergs in every single map and we have to defend it all with our small groups of 20-30 ppl. It feels like in some kind of 300 movie where little group of people keeps fighting huge army day and night and get spam emoted from enemies when that zerg rolls over.

SBi has 2 hours queue times for every wvw map and we have to fight it all with little numbers.

This is not fun by all means, just getting rolled over by groups that are many times bigger than yours. So people just abandon wvw.

Also, every time on this weekend we tried to attack keeps in SBI BL entire group would crash but SBI players wouldn’t. Apprently it is fine for us to attack NSP BL, our BL or even EB but getting keeps in SBI BL is not happening since entire group would crash instantly.

On top of it, SBI and NSP apprently work together now. They don’t attack each other, at some point NSP was sitting in our tower, SBI was sitting outside that tower and they didn’t attack each other, they all waited for us to kill us. SBi doesn’t take NSP points anymore, NSP doesn’t attack SBI neither, they just 2v1 IO right now.
Glad that devs decided to help SBI as well. Thanks bunch.

To be fair your small 30 man zergs are huge for low tier servers you usually play, and your Oceanic coverage is on par with SBI. It is absurd that you can dominate the way you do in low tiers and anet has no clue. So yes its absurd and the current system is good because it shows each server why imbalanced coverage and pop match is absurd.

Have fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Cymric.7368

Cymric.7368

This is incentive for high-skilled guilds to actually form up and get involved. It’s even more incentive for them to server hop to the bottom tier just to push the server to T1 and then repeat.

Too much time makes those that group up not care too much as their efforts aren’t rewarded enough.

One of the worst idea I ever read. Just ask HoD, ET, AR or any of the server who lost their major guilds how much they enjoy the free fall before the ratings correct itself. Of course, those guilds doesn’t care as the ill effect of their actions doesn’t affect them.

in WvW

Posted by: Dranul.2094

Dranul.2094

If anything we are giving a good account of ourselves as a rank 13 server vs rank 1.

Fact is, the higher u go the less skilled foes you fight. Guilds handhold and PvDoor, guilds can’t get full raids in due to queues. They haven’t learnt to fight, running around in their big balls.

I now understand 2 things, one why RG and Sacrx left piken as 20 man and came back as 35+ and 2) how Sacrx got 250,000 kills really quick.

In 2 raids alone this week I’ve added nearly 2,000 kills – just wish I could fight the endless waves of vizu every week. That is not even with my full raid of 30+ but with 20-25 for the most part. I hope to get them again next week.

Dranul – Guild Leader – The Unlikely Plan [TUP]
Aurora Glade EU
http://theunlikelyplangw2.guildlaunch.com

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

I love this matchup system. People need to quit crying, seriously. Even in professional sports, you have a great team that has to play an average team, or even a terrible team.

Even when we (SBI) get matched up with higher tiered servers, we have been know to gain points (with how they are calculated) because we did a kitten good job against them, even though they won the weeks match. They don’t track wins and losses, they track performance.

I personally enjoy the varity of the matchups. We get spanked some, and then we also spank some. It is much more fun that when we kept facing Mag and CD every week, til Mag moved up a tier, and then it was SoS and CD nonstop til the new matchup system.

Quit cryin, and perform on the battlefield.

in WvW

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

I have to laugh at some of these mid tier servers complaining. I don’t see MANY of you complaining about the matches when you are the ones stomping around every map outnumbering your opponents.

I can only comment on what I see for night crews but when a higher ranked server does complain about no competition maybe it would help if you attacked both the weaker servers at the same time instead of taking each map one by one in a giant zerg. You would find the lower ranked servers can put up a better fight when you dont outnumber them so badly.

in WvW

Posted by: Djlit.1672

Djlit.1672

How is it fair that a 10th ranked server is in the same Tier as an 18th ranked server?

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

How is it fair, that a small college like Youngstown State plays Ohio State?

in WvW

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

How is it fair, that a small college like Youngstown State plays Ohio State?

Terrible analogy:

Youngstown state and other smaller schools make their own schedules and LOVE playing big time programs. They get a cut of the TV money; thus, it becomes a huge pay day for the smaller schools. Also, it’s a great recruiting point because they can convince quality players to join them because, although they aren’t a top tiered program, they will have the opportunity to get exposure by playing them.

Here, there is no benefit of a low-level server to get farmed by the big boys.

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

in WvW

Posted by: MarMaster.6241

MarMaster.6241

Terrible analogy indeed.
Youngstown State has 11 players on the field, the SAME amount as Ohio State.
And they play for the SAME amount of time, no coverage issues here.
So now we are down to only individual and team skill.

Dragonbrand (JQ) [FIRE]bats ~ Trusted member of the Universe
Mar Steadfast G, Silent Intrigue T, Mar Fidget Engi, Mar Fierce W, Silent Awe M
In GW2 since BWE1 ~ ~ ~ Guild leader of Legio Romana [LR], too

(edited by MarMaster.6241)

in WvW

Posted by: HyperHysteria.4128

HyperHysteria.4128

This is incentive for high-skilled guilds to actually form up and get involved. It’s even more incentive for them to server hop to the bottom tier just to push the server to T1 and then repeat.

Too much time makes those that group up not care too much as their efforts aren’t rewarded enough.

One of the worst idea I ever read. Just ask HoD, ET, AR or any of the server who lost their major guilds how much they enjoy the free fall before the ratings correct itself. Of course, those guilds doesn’t care as the ill effect of their actions doesn’t affect them.

LELELEL Devona’s Rest #1

Devona’s Rest Commander
[kYrO] Gaza Strip

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

Hugh Norfolk still thinks this is too vague…

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

in WvW

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

Another terrible match up this week. HoD vs. ET vs. IOJ. ET has no presence and as for HoD..well..look at the attached pic..IOJ is the red color..HoD is the green.

I have zero faith in the devs -past on terrible past performance and use of logic- in fixing this with the new match up system.

Until they treat the cause, this will continue.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Jalad Lantana.3027

Jalad Lantana.3027

People need to quit crying, seriously. Even in professional sports, you have a great team that has to play an average team, or even a terrible team.

Just about every sport out there requires a set number of players on the field for each side.

This WvW system ignores the number of players fielded. It encourages and rewards players to transfer to packed worlds that can field full map quotas.

In any other sport if one team fails to field a full team, the event is either cancelled or forfeited.

Anet showed good sense by making spvp NOT server based. Rewarding points when one side cannot field a full roster is absurd.

Of course any sport based on skill, there will be winners and losers, but most sports don’t expect teams to play with uneven rosters.

HOD
Guardian / Ranger / Mesmer / Necro / Warrior
Played since 1st online ‘demo’ months before the BWEs.

in WvW

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

It is almost 4 hours after SoS prime time ended/starts to end……..

We currently own every single point on all 4 maps.

Thanks anet, we get stomped last week by SoR and TC, and now stomp poor Mag and EBay this week……. good to see you want to make WvW competitive, fun, and fair.

0/10 not impressed.

(edited by Have No Faith In Me.1840)

in WvW

Posted by: adil.1804

adil.1804

Look at this,. is it fair ?

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: White Raven.4368

White Raven.4368

Look at this,. is it fair ?

SFR are in a league of their own right now.I don’t think deso aren even bothering,or have given up on WvW the numbers I have seen the last few weeks.

Desolation [LOST]Lost in Socks Guild.

in WvW

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

I don’t blame servers for quitting wvw for the week or even longer.

Imagine going into Halo and having to fight 3 people all gunning for you -zerg-, you can only damage one of them at a time (AOE cap)-, all they have to do is press 1 repeatedly and they can revive each other if one of them dies with zero penalty..repeatedly..

That game would be the joke of the gaming community..just like this one and it’s devs are.

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

Unless you want WvW to be capped at a very low number, don’t expect the servers to have the “same” number of people participating. If you want equal numbers, sPvP is for you.

The way the rankings are adjusted each week is based on how you perform, even when being out manned. I have seen servers get killed and move up in rankings.

I know being rolled isn’t fun, but what can really be done? With guilds transferring from server to server (and it isn’t free), what will really balance out servers.

I am sure that you all have ideas, and I am sure the development team has had the same ideas. It isn’t an easy thing to fix, unless you restrict the number of people participating, to an equal amount, which will kitten people off cause they can’t get into WvW to play it.

in WvW

Posted by: Viulfr.7154

Viulfr.7154

This is a similar situation to what Shadowbane endured with similar game dynamics: everyone eventually migrates to the big guild (for GW2 that’s server and maybe guild) and the “big” ends up dominating. The little guys quit, the big guys get bored and it’s endgame time.

We’ve seen our biggest guilds migrate from Darkhaven and go off to more populated servers; it’s pretty disheartening to see a revered commander suddenly show up on the other team, his large guild pacing behind him…

The WvW community would be better served to roll us all into 3 or 4 big server clusters than to continue down this road, with this dynamic, unchecked.

This needs to get fixed or all the sound of clashing steel and explosions in the eternal battlegrounds will be overcome by the sound of crickets.

in WvW

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

This is a similar situation to what Shadowbane endured with similar game dynamics: everyone eventually migrates to the big guild (for GW2 that’s server and maybe guild) and the “big” ends up dominating. The little guys quit, the big guys get bored and it’s endgame time.

+1
The underdog only stays an underdog as long as it can still get some breathing room.

Without that…. it’s just a deaddog.
The Devs already admitted to hearing the community’s versions of WHAT THE PROBLEM IS, but they’re just shakin’ their heads tellin’ us they know better and if they just keep adding more CONQUEST mode & Seige ranks, while ignoring how BAD AND USELESS outmanned is a long with other QOL stuff like UI/commander problems … eventually it’ll all work out.

About the only thing we can give them credit on listening on… is how poorly incentivized Defense is. But that alone is it’s own double edged blade that can hurt underdogs even more if handled wrong. They need to stop the bleeding … NOW. Do something Hamfisted to being outmanned if that’s what it takes. Right now the only thing they’re accomplishing is pushing Gold<—>GEM conversion even higher for all the Bandwagoners what didn’t already make it on to the “Full” servers. ….and that’s just p****n off all their casual PvE’ers who now can’t afford BL junk.

(edited by ilr.9675)

in WvW

Posted by: Silent Shino.7239

Silent Shino.7239

we on AG very rarely get good matchups, some of the ones we get given are cry worthy http://mos.millenium.org/servers/history/20

Shino: Guardian of the Glade
Aurora Glade EU [JUST] roamer
All is vain: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/first

in WvW

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Yeah, last week was pure horror, for AG and us. Logging in in the morning to see what’s daily and seeing we tick with 0 made me want to cry about every 2nd morning. And this week it’s no better.

But hey, it all will be love and sunshine with league !!!!!11

in WvW

Posted by: Viulfr.7154

Viulfr.7154

Well after 5 months, I expect the devs to continue doing the wonderful job of nothing they’re very accomplished at…but that being said, the basic formula and it’s underlying stats are flawed…logged in (after completing lvl 4 missions in eve) to check and see how darkhaven was doing. The answer, not well, not well at all. Crystal Desert has run the board, both in eternal and in home world. While dark and northern shiver along with CD are all “tier 5” it must be just barely for CD, because dark and shiver are so far behind, on a Monday after reset, that it’s just incredibly sad.

It seems that where Anet screwed the statistical pooch is in the combination of ranks versus ratings with a dose of deviations to make it all confusing. While the deviations would smooth servers into like tiers, they’ve misread it and are using standard deviation to equate stratification’s to each other when in fact they don’t: example as I write this CD is about 146K on a Monday, while the other two (dark and shiver) are lounging in the mid to upper 60K… a rank10 has been thrown in (because of bad bell curve analysis) with a couple of servers that are 6 and 7 ranks below them (16 and 17 respectively). Great stuff for the ego of the T10, not so much for the high teens. Anet really needs to focus more on the R2’d of this debacle than the presumptions of statistical analysis they are using to justify the screwing of the lower rank servers.

Unless they get their stats lined up with some reality; WvW will soon be over for most…it’s already dead for casuals which will only see Dark slide more now that the big WvW guilds have left for higher rank pastures and the remnants of Dark delude themselves that the endgame content of GW2 is PVE.

And for GAWDS sakes, stop the stupid editor from inserting KITTEN into any form of adult conversation that you would be comfortable talking to your minister, rabbi or priest with…it’s just annoying….

in WvW

Posted by: iggybl.5034

iggybl.5034

It is still terrible…

[MARA]
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

It is still terrible…

yup. one week you overrun all server, next week you’re probably on the receiving end :/