Stop raising server caps please!

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

So all servers are at Very high…

Until you fix how you calculate server population based on WvW alone PLEASE stop raising server caps. You are imbalancing the server even further cramming people into top 4-5 servers…

Following servers should be full and transfers to these servers should be closed so that people go to FA/YB….
BG, TC, JQ, SoS

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Lol – how is it even possible?

I can see Purging of dead accounts that were in the totals – dropping full to very high. But if that is true, how did the highs also go to very high?
It just doesn’t make any sense….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

(edited by Liston.9708)

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Huuuurrrry stack BG and ruin everything to the point it literally doesn’t work at all. We were so close before, now is our chance!

in WvW

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

Huh? How do you know they are raising the caps?

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

T1 queues are dropping below 2k, please remove the cap, so everyone can stack into T1!

They had the wvw meeting tonight. I think all those stacked in t1 felt its time to get them caps removed.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

So all servers are at Very high…

Until you fix how you calculate server population based on WvW alone PLEASE stop raising server caps. You are imbalancing the server even further cramming people into top 4-5 servers…

Following servers should be full and transfers to these servers should be closed so that people go to FA/YB….
BG, TC, JQ, SoS

They want everyone to stack at the top, it solves their pop problems.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Wait, if the game is bleeding players, and WvW is as good as dead, why would they need to raise server caps? Also is there any proof, or patch notes, or anything points to server caps being raised? And if they are indeed being raised, how is this a bad thing? New players coming on, want to play with their friends, who happen to be in the “top 4-5 servers”. Denying those players the opportunity to play with their friends, because it makes WvW “unbalanced” is a good thing because?

People in those servers either chose them at random when starting the game 2+ years ago, joined their friends on those servers, or transfered with their guild for WvW. Other left those servers for the same reasons. But there is no reason to believe that the server caps are being raised, or that there is a huge population imbalance.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Could be people quitting in droves so servers no longer full.

in WvW

Liston.9708

And why would high go to very high – clearly a reset to very high for all. Not sure why though…..

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

And why would high go to very high – clearly a reset to very high for all. Not sure why though…..

We just had trial weekend and a 50% sale. New players, who couldnt get into the full servers, chose the high servers.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in WvW

Posted by: Reigne Irkalla.4768

Reigne Irkalla.4768

Probably because people would QQ about not being on the top server…

Because they don’t stop to think that if they join a lower tier server, that they could be the change that boosts it to the top.

Quite frankly, people don’t care about being competitive when it comes to PPT. They seem to only care about the “easy wins” – that is, the server that pulls ahead by 50k points on the weekends.

But hey, with how people are being raised today – ie, getting a medal for just participating in RL – I can’t say I’m surprised. It’s created a generation of entitled feeling bums who hitch rides on the coattails of others.

Reigne – Idyn – Ereskigal (IRKALLA) Rex – Giddim – Gilgamesh (NERGAL)
The Eternal Mist [THEM] We are currently recruiting!
Must love dungeons and have a sense of humor – pm me for more info :D

in WvW

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Because they don’t stop to think that if they join a lower tier server, that they could be the change that boosts it to the top.

Quite frankly, people don’t care about being competitive when it comes to PPT. They seem to only care about the “easy wins” – that is, the server that pulls ahead by 50k points on the weekends.

But hey, with how people are being raised today – ie, getting a medal for just participating in RL – I can’t say I’m surprised. It’s created a generation of entitled feeling bums who hitch rides on the coattails of others.

I agree. I suppose it’s also a point of pride, or bragging rights. “I’m on the top #1 server in GW2! I must be awesome!!” It doesn’t really serve any purpose, but makes them feel better about themselves.

All in all though, it doesn’t matter which tier server you are on, as long as you enjoy playing. And if being on the top tier servers means its fun, and anything less isn’t fun….well you might want to rethink somethings….

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in WvW

Liston.9708

We just had trial weekend and a 50% sale. New players, who couldnt get into the full servers, chose the high servers.

I doubt they all picked the high servers – unless they were locked to those…. I would give this credence if some went from high to very high, but every single server going to very high seems like all were set to a default “very high”…

in WvW

Posted by: Reigne Irkalla.4768

Reigne Irkalla.4768

I doubt they all picked the high servers – unless they were locked to those…. I would give this credence if some went from high to very high, but every single server going to very high seems like all were set to a default “very high”…

And this is why, because of the megaserver, I believe that servers should be listed according to their WvW ranking and should be locked from entry after a certain point.

While I chose mine because friends played on it, if I hadn’t followed them on (didn’t have an interest in WvW at the time) I would have chosen based on prettiest name.

Hear that Crystal Desert? You were almost stuck with my shenanigans.

Reigne – Idyn – Ereskigal (IRKALLA) Rex – Giddim – Gilgamesh (NERGAL)
The Eternal Mist [THEM] We are currently recruiting!
Must love dungeons and have a sense of humor – pm me for more info :D

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Anet promotes population imbalance.
They want it.
It fills their pockets.

Those discussions threads are just a PR stunt.

in WvW

Posted by: Visirale.6097

Visirale.6097

I am pretty sure no one is a rush to get into t1 anymore. The competitive groups have disbanded. Some motions swirling into getting a gvg scene on T2 again but who knows how it will shake out. I guess Anet’s solution to our complaints was to ignore them until the vocal players quit. T1 can have the ppt meta they love. I’m hoping for a positive future of wvw, but my faith that it will happen is not very strong, lol. Looking at the past history of dev responses to player concerns, it’s simply illogical to think anything drastic will come from Anet’s side. It’s in the players’ hands now to organize ourselves and try to strike some sort of balance.

in WvW

Deli.1302

in WvW

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

T1 queues are dropping below 2k, please remove the cap, so everyone can stack into T1!

They had the wvw meeting tonight. I think all those stacked in t1 felt its time to get them caps removed.

I doubt JQ is getting 2k players total on reset night. Let alone a 2k queue. O.o

Edit: I’m not even sure we get 2k distinct players logging into wvw on a given day.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

I am pretty sure no one is a rush to get into t1 anymore.

Of course not! Look the price of the gems today. For sure ppl rush to buy gems because they want to transfer to lower tiers server, now in very high!!

Transfer to SF, ET, AR! is now or never!!!

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Wait, if the game is bleeding players, and WvW is as good as dead, why would they need to raise server caps?

Cause caps are based on total accounts inactive as well as active.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

You should’ve just joined Jade Quarry when the game started. Its always going to be a top tier server in WvW, and not just that but PvE and PvP. You mine as well just transfer there and be happy because its no doubt Jade Quarry community is the best community.

Also, for those of you that think theres no incentive for people on your server to play WvW and they all play PvE… You gotta realize that before megaservers, your puny servers wasn’t even top in PvE, people guested to the almighty Jade Quarry for PvE play.
To be honest, I saw some thread about it saying all server populations are very high, I still cant figure out why other servers haven’t reached the potential that Jade Quarry has today and has always had, even when there populations is considered very high just like Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: MyT.3764

MyT.3764

IMO, Anet should have done this long time ago and removed the population indicator when megaserver was introduced. New players join the highest pop server they can get into, further exacerbating the population imbalance issue. Population level is meaningless with megaserver, and does not always correlates with WvW population.

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Translation:

> Stop earning money from server transfer gem sales please!

Yeah why don’t you think long and hard about that.

in WvW

Posted by: Tryxtr.6295

Tryxtr.6295

Anet read through the population imbalance thread, thought to themselves “you know what? there’s just not enough players on Tier 1 servers!” and BAM, here we are. Sure does fix the blobbing problem on low-population servers! sigh

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Theres a post about it also on

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2j8dsc/psa_all_servers_are_very_high/

And no one has the real answer. Some servers i can understand the reason for their drop but for the top server, i have no rational reason to offer.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Or maybe, just maybe, people simply moved away from the stacked T1 servers now that the Tournament was over, and went back to their former servers to avoid hour long queues, a bit like how it has been after EVERY SINGLE TOURNAMENT?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Boreal.9826

Boreal.9826

What queues in T1? There have been very few queues, aside from the first couple weeks during seasons (TC perspective). My guild, 20-30 ppl online typically, can pretty much hop maps whenever we want. If we do run into a queue mid-hop (more likely on EBG or TCBL) we just pick a different map. Fights galore.

When I first came to T1 many months ago, the queues were a major issue. Now, they just aren’t. Whether it’s because the populations are smaller, or they have raised the map population limits, I don’t know.

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

Or maybe, just maybe, people simply moved away from the stacked T1 servers now that the Tournament was over, and went back to their former servers to avoid hour long queues, a bit like how it has been after EVERY SINGLE TOURNAMENT?

um no. Anet is arbitrarily setting server pops. How can every server be very high all of sudden…

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Here’s a possible explanation: tons of people left the game and Anet decreased the pop caps. It looks much better if every server is “very high” rather than “medium.” Same as grade inflation.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

A hint of bitterness and a lot assumptions there. Yes, people go where the grass is greener, it’s not some kind of “kids these days!” thing, the game designers know this too. Some people might like the small server experience and that’s fine, while others would prefer to hop in whenever they want and plug into a whatever activity because there are people to be found pretty much around the clock or specifically in their timezone, so let’s not demonize said people. PPT as we know it was never competitive and Anet decided it was a good idea to attach rewards to it. I don’t think it’s reasonable to jab at random people’s upbringing instead of criticizing the game’s poor design and management.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: ballymun.3986

ballymun.3986

Doubt it’s anything to do with Anet raising server caps at all.

The new World of Warcraft patch 6.0.2 (getting ready for WoD expansion next month) was released 2 days ago on US servers and yesterday on EU.

With PVE in this game amounting to nothing more than walking around looking at tree’s, world completion and jumping puzzles and “end game” pve being nothing more than making your character look good – it’d be a fair bet that pve players have just left GW2 in their droves to take a look at what wow offers in the new patch.

New PvP battleground and open world pvp area’s in WoW are quite nice too.

WoW will never compare to wvw in GW2, nor the excellent combat system here, but
given the lack of attention Anet have paid WvW for a long long time + the concentration on ridiculous fluff content they claim is pve… Yeah, gonna be a lot of people trying out WoW again.

Anet really need to step up and make a proper honest and decent effort if they’re going to keep players in the game, WvW or otherwise.

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

2k? HAHAHA. We had 10-20 man queues on reset night, then maybe a 5 man queue on one map during the week if people are out there.

The notion that T1 is full of queues is so outdated that it’s not even funny.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Doubt it’s anything to do with Anet raising server caps at all.

The new World of Warcraft patch 6.0.2 (getting ready for WoD expansion next month) was released 2 days ago on US servers and yesterday on EU.

And that makes a grand total of zero sense seeing as multiple server actually went from High to Very High, which wouldn’t really suggest that people are leaving.
And even if they were their accounts wouldn’t magically disappear from the server just like that.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

They want it.
It fills their pockets.

This. Very High=most gold for transfering. With megaserver, server identity is completely arbitrary, so there really isn’t such a thing as medium/high/very high anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

No, if they raised the server caps then why is anvil rock “Very High” something odd happened, and yes I can finally get to a server with enough people to actually feel like it’s an active map. so im happy

Sincerly, Me.

in WvW

Liston.9708

They want it.
It fills their pockets.

This. Very High=most gold for transfering. With megaserver, server identity is completely arbitrary, so there really isn’t such a thing as medium/high/very high anymore.

Very high = highest cost / most gems makes the most sense of any stated reason.

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

There was also a free trial weekend recently + a sale on GW2. That could mean lots of new players who can’t get into the Full servers, so they go to the High servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Neptune.2570

Neptune.2570

Finally, there open. There wasn’t a single oceanic WvW guild below the 4 servers you mentioned should be locked. It’s not really fair for offpeak players to be locked out of being able to wvw.

Daliriant, Dr Octogon [Champion Illusionist]
Mellowpuff [Champion Hunter]

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

The original problem with Server Status is that it is not a proper indicator of an active WvW population. Server cap’s had to be raised, in my opinion as I stated it to a Dev, because the pre and post season transferring had fractured many guilds across servers. Players had to be allowed to get to their destination to be reunited. From there we can work on balance and other matters.

Having Teirs with respective participation and meta’s is good for the game. Attempting to thin out and divide the remaining WvW players across the 24 NA server’s would more than likely diminish the state of WvW further. There aren’t enough WvW players left for such ideals. Season 3 turnout was shockingly low for some servers.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Deli.1302

Finally, there open. There wasn’t a single oceanic WvW guild below the 4 servers you mentioned should be locked. It’s not really fair for offpeak players to be locked out of being able to wvw.

The increasing of server caps is the reason why there isnt a single oceanic WvW guild below those 4 servers anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

A better solution might be to take inactive accounts and remove them from servers and when they log in again they get the option to pick a new server and they get a gold bonus for picking a lower population server

in WvW

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

I doubt JQ is getting 2k players total on reset night. Let alone a 2k queue. O.o

Edit: I’m not even sure we get 2k distinct players logging into wvw on a given day.

2K players on a server doing WvW? What?

Maps support 120 players per side at max. It’s likely in the 80-100 range for all BLs (it wasn’t always like that because ANet was tweaking it and asking, do you all notice anything happening with the lag but it is likely is right now is probably less than 100 per map). But just for arguments sake, take 120 players on a map (all full) times 4 maps = 480 players. You’re saying 2K total or there is 1500+ in queue on reset night (queues would be 350+ deep on each BL). hahaha. Definitely not on any T1 server or below.

Talking from experience, I’ve been on probably about a dozen servers. Not speaking for intense WvW season matchups, but for everything else, on BG, clearly the most populated WvW server during NA primetime, it has a queue on reset night (just like most servers) and by the middle of the weekend, queues only happen on 1-2 maps IF multiple guilds/calls for help are happening. No NA server even approaches a 350 deep queue…ever.

FYI – JQ is actually really sparse during NA primetime (not during OCX/SEA times though). The problem is from a PPT side is if JQ had a huge surge in population for NA primetime, they would dominate nearly all hours of the clock.

As for complaints on WvW resourcing, you all clearly don’t have a clue. The reason WvW is not a priority is because ~1000 people per server do regularly WvW (on T1) across all time zones. If you stratify that across all servers (obviously it is way less as you go down the server tiers), you can see it is a fraction of the playerbase.

What’s not so funny is PvP is even less populated…

in WvW

Posted by: Neptune.2570

Neptune.2570

The increasing of server caps is the reason why there isnt a single oceanic WvW guild below those 4 servers anymore.

There is only 1 or two on each of those 4 servers… The oceanic guilds want to fight each other rather than PvDoor, and there’s only enough ocx guilds for 1 tier. Just a dead time zone, but it sucked being stuck outside with the only option of solo roaming and camp flipping (often wouldn’t even run into other roamers to fight)

Daliriant, Dr Octogon [Champion Illusionist]
Mellowpuff [Champion Hunter]