Thank you for breaking WvW!

in WvW

Posted by: Fistarius.2496

Fistarius.2496

Just had to give a shout out for your expertise in ruining a beautiful gaming concept! Thank You!

Tick Toxic

in WvW

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

In what way is it broken?

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

In what way is it NOT broken?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

In what way is it NOT broken?

In what way you think it should work so you can not call it broken?

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Bubi.5237

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

misterman.1530

Sorry. Just coming on and screaming: It’s Broken! Ermergerd! Without providing details of said “brokeness” just makes any argument you have invalid.

So…again…what do you believe is broken?

in WvW

Bubi.5237

Sorry. Just coming on and screaming: It’s Broken! Ermergerd! Without providing details of said “brokeness” just makes any argument you have invalid.

Scoring system. (PPT)
Matchmaking/Tournament system. (Heavy dependency on scoring system)
Rewarding system. (Gold’n’Achies)
Siege system. (trolls, balance of sieges)
Squad-commander system-GUI (not really broken, more like non-existent).

The only thing that makes it enjoyable for me is the Combat system, which is the same for PvE/sPvP.

(Thou I would like a no-AoE-cap system, I can understand that their servers cant handle it. )

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Every single match looks like the first plays against last.
But in fact maximal distance is 7 out of 24/27.

Balance is broken and with it interest in it.

Attachments:

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: Wicked.5479

Wicked.5479

hey there is the exciting match of kodash vs riverside!

Kengo Miyazawa ~ norn warrior
Commander of Far Shiverpeaks
Leader of Bubblegum Dragons [GUM]

in WvW

Posted by: Eshady.9146

Eshady.9146

in WvW

misterman.1530

Scoring system. (PPT)

The only thing that makes it enjoyable for me is the Combat system, which is the same for PvE/sPvP.

(Thou I would like a no-AoE-cap system, I can understand that their servers cant handle it. )

I agree with all of that. It is broken, no doubt. Just someone coming on to scream “It’s broken” is hardly productive. Anet knows this is broken and CAN’T do anything to fix it. They have no idea how to fix it.

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I agree with all of that. It is broken, no doubt. Just someone coming on to scream “It’s broken” is hardly productive. Anet knows this is broken and CAN’T do anything to fix it. They have no idea how to fix it.

They could fix it, but I wonder if they have any motivation to between gems being bought for transfers and people’s server loyalty (i.e. they can’t disband low ranked servers without kittening off thousands of people.)

They need to find an incentive for players to not overstack. Currently they are just giving people more reasons to overstack, in addition to human nature being to go for a cheesey win instead of having a truly competitive 3 way fight. It’s like asking people to voluntarily accept communism and helping other people, when a free market and taking everything you can is what humans wind up doing once they see a single other person taking everything they can.

Hotjoin stacking is very much a metaphor for BG stacking.

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Anet knows this is broken and CAN’T do anything to fix it. They have no idea how to fix it.

That’s because it cannot be fixed.

in WvW

Fluffball.8307

Anet knows this is broken and CAN’T do anything to fix it. They have no idea how to fix it.

No it definitely can, but Anet has to take a strong position. Every tourney there are threads “hey guise which server are we going to stack so we all win and ruin everything”. Anet has to take strong action either by encouraging, or even forcing people not to overstack. Taking no action will result in overstacking 100% of the time. And the playerbase has proven that at every possible opportunity.

in WvW

Deli.1302

No it definitely can

ok pls tell me how

in WvW

Posted by: I Am Dansker.7105

I Am Dansker.7105

No it definitely can, but Anet has to take a strong position. Every tourney there are threads “hey guise which server are we going to stack so we all win and ruin everything”. Anet has to take strong action either by encouraging, or even forcing people not to overstack. Taking no action will result in overstacking 100% of the time. And the playerbase has proven that at every possible opportunity.

Right now overstacking isn’t even the issue. The issue is anets kittened up idea that the a server 2 tiers below another has the slightest chance to even compete

Far Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Scoring system. (PPT)

PPT : you cant make ppl play when you need them to that part of rvrv

Matchmaking/Tournament system: you cant make ppl go where you want them to go the only true fix would be to comply remove world from wvwvw and simply making it into a true rvrvr system where you just have 3 sides to chose from and even then you will still run into the problem just on a longer time scale.

Rewarding system: EotM has amazing rewards and its a pve used map i am not sure if any one beyond pve players wants the other wvwvw maps to give very good pve rewards.

Siege system: So pvd is better? Sry there are just humans like that its very hard to counter it the newest thing that was just removed was putting down feast for the other team to be unable to use there “f” key to do something other then eat the food. You can no longer eat feast from other worlds now. I am sry there are these things called trolls on the internet.

Squad-commander system-GUI: Ya its a bit sub stander but its well know that ppl supplement it with other programed such as TS and other voice systems i am not sure if these thing would fit in this game.

AoE cap: Keep in mind this is both ways both dmg and def think on thoughts lines if there where no real AoE caps (lets leave out lag etc…) if you time things out you soon run into every one has stab in a zerg 100% of the time, banners start to hit every one who is down and no one will die, roots from hell will start from rangers no one will ever move agen! etc..

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Fluffball.8307

ok pls tell me how

If you continue reading to two more sentences I tell you how. Good lord.

Right now overstacking isn’t even the issue. The issue is anets kittened up idea that the a server 2 tiers below another has the slightest chance to even compete

Ya that’s certainly not helping. But ideally all the tiers would be relatively equal. Numbers from stacking shouldn’t be the winning factor, organization should be the winning factor.

in WvW

Deli.1302

ok pls tell me how

If you continue reading to two more sentences I tell you how. Good lord.

All you say is that anet has to make a strong action yet don’t say what that action actually is.

in WvW

Fluffball.8307

All you say is that anet has to make a strong action yet don’t say what that action actually is.

I said they need to encourage or force people to disperse. Encouragement; I could think of thousands of ways. Rate WvW population by each server and award a certain amount of gold/gems/minis whatever for transferring and staying on various servers. For example transferring to BG gets you nothing, transferring to ET gets you 150000 gold. The actual mechanics are not relevant for this discussion, if Anet wanted to implement it they would have a lot more metrics to come up with something rational. Also I’m sure you can think of 15 other ways off the top of your head to reward people for not overstacking. Taking away queue times and giving them unique rewards for overstacking probably isn’t the correct answer.

As far as forcing people to not overstack, it wouldn’t be popular but by god would it fix the problem.

in WvW

Deli.1302

I said they need to encourage or force people to disperse. Encouragement; I could think of thousands of ways. Rate WvW population by each server and award a certain amount of gold/gems/minis whatever for transferring and staying on various servers. For example transferring to BG gets you nothing, transferring to ET gets you 150000 gold. The actual mechanics are not relevant for this discussion, if Anet wanted to implement it they would have a lot more metrics to come up with something rational. Also I’m sure you can think of 15 other ways off the top of your head to reward people for not overstacking. Taking away queue times and giving them unique rewards for overstacking probably isn’t the correct answer.

As far as forcing people to not overstack, it wouldn’t be popular but by god would it fix the problem.

And here I was thinking people transferred so that they got the most fun out of the game. Remember free transfers to low tier servers? Where are those servers now? Still low tier. Bronze winner gets the same reward as gold winner and yet no one transfers to bronze servers.

It seems like people are too short sighted to realize that server stacking is a result of population attrition, not rewards or the matchup system, and therefore cannot be fixed.

in WvW

Fluffball.8307

Bad players probably do transfer to BG to have fun by annihilating outnumbered opponents in the same way bad players stack hotjoin teams.

People only transferred to low tier servers to overstack and get the rewards, then immediately left. It was a good idea, Anet just didn’t think it through from a selfish player’s perspective.

If all the servers had relatively even, active WvW populations less people would get bored and leave (I’d hate to see the metrics on WvW participation this week!) and more interesting matchups could be had.

in WvW

I Am Dansker.7105

… Remember free transfers to low tier servers? Where are those servers now? Still low tier. …

Not true, look at Gandara, who also happened to win silver league

Far Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

This graph is very telling. 24 hours into this week’s matches and it’s already obvious who is going to win pretty much every match – and that was probably true last week as well.

Add to this the plague that is bandwagoning and server hopping and its easy to see the current system does not equate to fun matches.

With the introduction of megaservers, it’s time to look at alternative ways of matching people up. Basing it off of servers is apparently not working very well.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

This graph is very telling. 24 hours into this week’s matches and it’s already obvious who is going to win pretty much every match – and that was probably true last week as well.

With the introduction of megaservers, it’s time to look at alternative ways of matching people up. Basing it off of servers is apparently not working very well.

I do not know what would be the best way of doing it even if it was not servers some realms would be more favored over others. You would also lose what wvw has atm a coumintly of this server or that server i am not sure if it can translate into this realm or that realm.

I think the best bet would be to have a rvrvr system apart from wvw. So you would have 2 rvrvr systems in gw2 one would be what wvw we have now the new rvrvr system i think would be best to go back to the old human guild war of the 3 civilization (at least i think that what the old guild wars was about not the game but the story line of ore vs asalone vs krita). The big problem with this is wvw will be forever smaller then what it is now and may end up comply dieing off and losing that comunitly altogether and the truth is they may not come back for an rvrvr system.

Its a realty no win chose as things stand there may just be no true one fix to wvw i say enjoy what you can and do not over think what you do not like.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Asglarek.8976

Asglarek.8976

A year after game release it was clear that the WvW system wasn’t going to work with glicko/swiss style matching when coverage trumps skill, zerg trumps strategy what should of been done while GW2 was at its peak in popularity was make world alliances where you take the top 3 populated servers move them in to 3 battle groups then divide the rest of the servers in to those groups then call each group World Guilds then within each World Guild use a point system to determine which World Guild commanders lead each guild.

In this current state its very sad and leaves me with little enthusiasm to play wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Scoring system. (PPT)

Works great. In what way does it not work? It is pretty basic. Take and defend and hold more stuff, you get more points.

Well Duh………….How else should it work?

What aspect of the reward system are you complaining about exactly?

[quote=4431151;Bubi.5237:][quote=4431151;Bubi.5237:][quote=4431151;Bubi.5237:][quote=4431151;Bubi.5237:]

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Deli.1302

… Remember free transfers to low tier servers? Where are those servers now? Still low tier. …

Gandara was never a low tier server.

in WvW

Dayra.7405

Scoring system. (PPT)

Works great. In what way does it not work? It is pretty basic. Take and defend and hold more stuff, you get more points.

The problem with the scoring system is that it rewards PvD as much as fights for an objective. Competition degenerated therefore to a capping race now, as fights for an objective take to long to be equally rewarding.

in WvW

I Am Dansker.7105

Gandara was never a low tier server.

well no, but they had free transfers

Far Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Bubi.5237

Screen shot and report them……………I hate siege trolls myself, but I haven’t seen a single intelligent idea to address the issue other then screen shot and reporting them.

No, your wrong. The siege equipment and mass PvP makes it very fun, neither of which do you truely have in either PvP or PvE.

It has nothing to do with the servers. It would really be better if you wouldn’t speak upon matters you have know knowledge of. The caps were set at player demands via forums out cry.

I have yet to see a single logical argument that can show WvW as broken in any way. It may have flaws, and be imperfect, but it is not broken by any means.

Reward System: “Kill 1,000,000 enemy supply caravans.” or “Successfully escort 500,000 supply caravans.” is not Broken for you? (I believe when others did the math, they calculated something like 5-7 years for it.)
And I believe that if you have to play another game-mode only to be able to play your favorite, it’s broken. (Without playing pve/spvp, you’ll lose money over the time as in wvw you spend more money than your income. )

Siege system: Don’t you think that killing a door without siege is Broken? Do you think that if its easier to kill ppl on walls than the other way then it’s not Broken? (And we, as a server reported the trolls for months, maybe half a year, nothing happened.. Sorry, I can’t trust Anet’s support for wvw. Now that dev’s had experienced the trolls in wvw [adopt-a-dev], they have a thread about how to fix the problem.)

Combat System: As I said, I enjoy it very much, but besides the fact that you’re supposed to fight against players and not AI’s (which is not really true when pvd-ing), a bigger raid in pve has the same mechanics. You can buff up, you can drop the bomb, you can dodge/avoid/negate the npc’s “bomb”, you can blast Water, drop Banner.. And no, fighting under AC fire is not fun for me. Maybe it’s an understandable situation when defending your objective with LESS ppl, but otherwise it’s not fun for me.

No AoE Cap: Maybe it would be better, maybe worse, but we can decide only if we can try it without lags/culling, which I believe we never had the chance to try. And btw I said that “I would like”, there are ppl who wanna stronger AC/Golems, ‘cos they’re underpowered! :P

Anet just don’t care, the forum has a lot great ideas to fix/make better wvw, “all” we got in this “big Feature Patch” was 3 hexa-number change to the tag [which got Datamined like 3-4 months ago] and some little QoL change we asked for since beta weekends.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Screen shot and report them……………I hate siege trolls myself, but I haven’t seen a single intelligent idea to address the issue other then screen shot and reporting them.

No, your wrong. The siege equipment and mass PvP makes it very fun, neither of which do you truely have in either PvP or PvE.

It has nothing to do with the servers. It would really be better if you wouldn’t speak upon matters you have know knowledge of. The caps were set at player demands via forums out cry.

I have yet to see a single logical argument that can show WvW as broken in any way. It may have flaws, and be imperfect, but it is not broken by any means.

Reward System: “Kill 1,000,000 enemy supply caravans.” or “Successfully escort 500,000 supply caravans.” is not Broken for you? (I believe when others did the math, they calculated something like 5-7 years for it.)
And I believe that if you have to play another game-mode only to be able to play your favorite, it’s broken. (Without playing pve/spvp, you’ll lose money over the time as in wvw you spend more money than your income. )

Siege system: Don’t you think that killing a door without siege is Broken? Do you think that if its easier to kill ppl on walls than the other way then it’s not Broken? (And we, as a server reported the trolls for months, maybe half a year, nothing happened.. Sorry, I can’t trust Anet’s support for wvw. Now that dev’s had experienced the trolls in wvw [adopt-a-dev], they have a thread about how to fix the problem.)

Combat System: As I said, I enjoy it very much, but besides the fact that you’re supposed to fight against players and not AI’s (which is not really true when pvd-ing), a bigger raid in pve has the same mechanics. You can buff up, you can drop the bomb, you can dodge/avoid/negate the npc’s “bomb”, you can blast Water, drop Banner.. And no, fighting under AC fire is not fun for me. Maybe it’s an understandable situation when defending your objective with LESS ppl, but otherwise it’s not fun for me.

No AoE Cap: Maybe it would be better, maybe worse, but we can decide only if we can try it without lags/culling, which I believe we never had the chance to try. And btw I said that “I would like”, there are ppl who wanna stronger AC/Golems, ‘cos they’re underpowered! :P

Anet just don’t care, the forum has a lot great ideas to fix/make better wvw, “all” we got in this “big Feature Patch” was 3 hexa-number change to the tag [which got Datamined like 3-4 months ago] and some little QoL change we asked for since beta weekends.

^this pretty much, well said Bubi.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: sparc.3649

sparc.3649

I took a gander at this thread, didn’t read it in its entirety I’ll admit, but, that being said: I’d have to say first of all they need to ELIMINATE server transfers. That would HAVE to be a part of the fix for WvW. Now that we have mega(stupid)servers for PvE, and guilds are no longer server “bound”, that leaves WvW as the ONLY true reason there’s even a reason for individual server sanctity. So, that being said – ANET NEEDS to ELIMINATE server transfers. Seriously, there is NO reason to transfer, other than stacking or “going where it’s ‘most popular’”… I know, I’m Anvil Rock, that happens to be the server I signed on to during 3-day-headstart, and I’ve never been off it since (not even WAY back when it was FREE to x-fer)! Never once was I personally ‘tempted’ to transfer to a server for any reason, not because they were bigger, or better, or “winners” or “other people were doing it”, or “for the rewards”.

So people need to pick ONE server that they will be on for life, and suck it up! ANET needs to enforce this! Otherwise any “fix” they implement will be almost immediately “undone” by people transferring (“stacking”) once again…

I actually think this is the square root of the stem of all of the problems in WvW. Is the fact that you can transfer at the drop of a hat. Oh, you lost this week? XFER. Oh, your friends moved? XFER. Oh, you wanna be where there’s more people? XFER. Oh you don’t like “losing”, you wanna “win”? XFER. Oh your dog farted? XFER. Oh the wind blew east? XFER. Especially being from AR I know all to well how many people xfer, and usually for stupid reasons (like losing, or commonly being “outmanned”). We’ve gained and lost some pretty big WvW guilds over time, I’ve seen PLENTY of people come n go! I know we made it up to what T4 at some point? T3 I really don’t remember (I play for fun, not any stupid bragging rights <.<). Now we’re back down to the bottom of the barrel. Whatever I do not care, that’s NOT a reason to transfer. ANY and ALL servers will have their ups and downs. People need to realize and accept this (as I have), and ANET needs to put a STOP to transfers!

Could be implemented really easily too, offer “one LAST transfer” (charge or free I don’t care), where EVERYONE in the game will have ONE LAST CHANCE to transfer to a server that, that account will be bound to forever! Have a HARD limit too, on how many people can be on any given single server, and have that based upon ALL people that are signed up for the server (not just who is online at that particular moment).

If and once they did this, any other “fixes” should come relatively “easy”…

/—————————————\
© sparc.3649 ~ LPC ~ Anvil Rock
\—————————————/

in WvW

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

This is exactly the problem, server stacking, no balance, no plan from Anet.

in WvW

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

80-90% of the problem is the server population/coverage situation. The server with the most people and 24 hour coverage wins most of the time.

For me, that is okay as long as the experience is still fun for everyone – which is not the case now.

The bigger issue comes when a server so outnumbers and outcovers the other two (or the inverse – one server has a much lower population than the other two) that the “fights” are the equivilant of an elephant stepping on a newborn kitten.

it gets frustrating and not fun.

There has to be a better way to do this. WvW is an amazing part of the game – its a shame to see it ruined simple because of math problems.

A few suggestions/ideas (none of which are perfect):

- combine low population servers for the sake of WvW
- Give low population maps a SIGNIFICANT advantage of some kind (dont like this solution, but it is one)
- Make the matches much shorter (hours) to eliminate the impact of 24 hour coverage and mix up competition more (frustrating matches no longer have to be a week long)

I don’t know what, but something needs to be fixed before we have another season. This isnt competitive – its just a roll-call with awards going to the server that has the most people showing up. They might as well just give the rewards to the servers we know are going to win and figure out something actually fun to do with the WvW maps.

(edited by Blaeys.3102)

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

No, I could care less about being an achievement hunter. The tourney rewards are fine to me. The rewards for taking keeps are good to me. The rewards for killing enemies is solid to me.

Why would destroying a door (or even wall for that matter, only it no longer exist), without siege be a problem? You really thing characters with large hammers, torch’s, bombs, grenades, rifles, and so on shouldn’t be capable to chip away at a band iron door or brick and mortar walls? No, not broken by any stretch of the imagination.

If you die easier when on the walls, then your enemies on the ground do, I can speak with confidence when I say that it is a problem with your personal play in that case, and nothing to do with the situation. A properly played defense can hold off and kill 3-4 their number if not more and be perfectly safe defending. If your claiming the situation is broken simply because you, personally cannot survive here, well, perhaps you should stop blaming Anet, and accept some responsibility for your self.

I do not believe you know what AI actually means. Sorry, but you went so all over the place here, that I do not know what to say, I cannot make sense of it.

Yes, yes we did. We tried this before a culling system was ever in the game in WvW.

What “great ideas” ??? We got something that was very specifically requested. You keep speaking in abstracts and concepts and avoid specifics and facts. Lint to me some “great ideas” that have ben mentioned, that were absolutely unanimously considered great, that were not implemented? The problem here, is that you think the ideas that &you* like are great, when they are are arguable even reasonable ideas.

in WvW

Dayra.7405

We need a new scoring, i.e. one that does not reward PvD (currently PvD is more rewarding than successful fights for an objective, if you see it as reward per time) personally (no drops, karma, WEXP from event and NPCs if there are no defenders) as well as PPT wise (an objective conquered via PvD does score 0). If we have no PvD rewards, we will automatically have much less coverage problems.

We need less servers. With all the player losses nearly no one ouside T1 is able to fill it’s maps.

We need a reward (e.g. all Karma, WEXP, EXP, drop-rate is doubled) for playing on low-populated servers, and/or a player-limitation via queue on overpopulated servers.

We need cheap transfers to all under-populated (but only exactly as long as they are under-populated) worlds and NO transfers to worlds already overpopulated.

If we get all this WvW will turn back to much more balance within half a year, if not the queue should be more restrictive and the rewards (drops, karma, WEXP) for playing on low-pop worlds be increassed.

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

If it’s broken matchups like this it takes for Anet to fix their competitive PPT game mode then at least we have something to look forward to. However lest not forget tone thing: if we do have the current matchups it’s because they ignored the community feedback on the PPT system.

in WvW

Posted by: ARAGON.8759

ARAGON.8759

Unfortunately, transfer fees to popular servers generate money for Arenanet .If they fix the problems with unfair matchups ,They make less money. Arenanet is in a difficult position.Players are clamoring for meaningful new content but that takes money which is difficult since Gw2 charges no monthly fees.I respect the fact that they charge no monthly fees.It is why I bought the game in the first place. My suggestion would be to create an expansion package priced at about the price of a new video game .Most people who play Gw2 would probably pay for this Gw2 expansion.Many individuals budget for several new video games a year, so this may not be a great hardship.This option gives Arenanet revenue to develope new meaningful content to satisfy fans and Gw2 fans will still not have to pay any monthly fees.As other
sources of reliable revenue are available, then they can fix some of the problems which are aggravating players now. I feel this suggestion would be a viable option but I may be naive about how the developers and players feel about this suggestion.

in WvW

sparc.3649

Unfortunately, transfer fees to popular servers generate money for Arenanet .If they fix the problems with unfair matchups ,They make less money. Arenanet is in a difficult position.Players are clamoring for meaningful new content but that takes money which is difficult since Gw2 charges no monthly fees.I respect the fact that they charge no monthly fees.It is why I bought the game in the first place. My suggestion would be to create an expansion package priced at about the price of a new video game .Most people who play Gw2 would probably pay for this Gw2 expansion.Many individuals budget for several new video games a year, so this may not be a great hardship.This option gives Arenanet revenue to develope new meaningful content to satisfy fans and Gw2 fans will still not have to pay any monthly fees.As other
sources of reliable revenue are available, then they can fix some of the problems which are aggravating players now. I feel this suggestion would be a viable option but I may be naive about how the developers and players feel about this suggestion.

Actually as far as I know, since I’ve been watching/paying attention/playing since BWE 1, I thought this was their intent since “the get go”. I remember hearing, anyway, that they intended to make “expansions” on a regular basis (which would continually generate the revenue necessary to continue the product’s [game’s] progression) at least annually. So, why hasn’t this also happened I ask? They seemed like they had so many “dreams” for this game [product]. Where are those dreams now? Are they willingly letting them dissipate? This game is still very young, only two years old. Have they dropped the bar already? Are they giving up hope?

Hopefully someone from ANET can chime in!

/—————————————\
\—————————————/

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Whoever initially developed WvW did a really good job. It has been able to coast with no support from Anet since then. And probably could have survived much longer had Anet given it a push, say, every 6 months with a new map.

Judging from the unanimously negative reaction to this tournament, I guess 2 years of inaction is about all that the community will accept.

in WvW

Dayra.7405

Unfortunately, transfer fees to popular servers generate money for Arenanet .If they fix the problems with unfair matchups ,They make less money..

If done correctly this can be turned into an infinite stream of transfer income!

• seasons that reward concentration transfers
  • off-seasons that reward balancing transfers

Money you can get from concentration transfers only is limited. Blackgate is already full.

in WvW

Bubi.5237

No, I could care less about being an achievement hunter. The tourney rewards are fine to me. The rewards for taking keeps are good to me. The rewards for killing enemies is solid to me.

Why would destroying a door (or even wall for that matter, only it no longer exist), without siege be a problem? You really thing characters with large hammers, torch’s, bombs, grenades, rifles, and so on shouldn’t be capable to chip away at a band iron door or brick and mortar walls? No, not broken by any stretch of the imagination.

If you die easier when on the walls, then your enemies on the ground do, I can speak with confidence when I say that it is a problem with your personal play in that case, and nothing to do with the situation. A properly played defense can hold off and kill 3-4 their number if not more and be perfectly safe defending. If your claiming the situation is broken simply because you, personally cannot survive here, well, perhaps you should stop blaming Anet, and accept some responsibility for your self.

I do not believe you know what AI actually means. Sorry, but you went so all over the place here, that I do not know what to say, I cannot make sense of it.

Yes, yes we did. We tried this before a culling system was ever in the game in WvW.

What “great ideas” ??? We got something that was very specifically requested. You keep speaking in abstracts and concepts and avoid specifics and facts. Lint to me some “great ideas” that have ben mentioned, that were absolutely unanimously considered great, that were not implemented? The problem here, is that you think the ideas that &you* like are great, when they are are arguable even reasonable ideas.

Achievements: I don’t care about the AP points, i care about the title.. who doesn’t wanna be a Yakslapper or Ultimate Chaperone? :P
Rewards: Scouting/Dolly escorting.. you’ll get no rewards, you have to spend money. A lot. And without these jobs wvw become eotm-karma train.

Destroying doors and killing on walls: If a blob can’t destroy a door with AA, then the defense have much more options, a lot more chance. Same with walls, walls should be there to defend the defenders, but I got more “no line of sight” message then the elementalist below me Meteorshowering/AA-ing me.
If it required a ballista/other siege to destroy cannon/oil, they would have a bit more time to be useful. (And havoc teams would have the job of taking the sieges out, which would promote splitting the zerg maybe.)
And no, with a blob pvd-ing the door, you can play as good as want, a good offens with more number than you will get the objective, as they can just hit the gate until its down then killing everyone inside (they’re more, yea!).

AI : “an intelligent agent is a system that perceives its environment and takes actions that maximize its chances of success” (Wikipedia is your friend if you dont know a definition.) I believe that all npc’s in game have an AI, and I did not write npc ’cos the turrets in EOTM are not NPCs, but have an AI (a non-complex one, but its good enough for what it should do. [enemy in range -> shoot] ).

“Great ideas”: Colored commander tags is a great idea, yep. But it’s not nearly enough to be called a big feature patch which comes every 6 months or whatever. It was on the forum since the Beta Weekends. I’m not saying that every of my idea should be implemented. But we get hardly any idea implented that supports WvW.
(And well, f.e. the “gvg-arena”, which not get implemented but asked, was put into OS only ‘cos the Anet-dev quagganed one and everyone quagganed Anet on forums. OS is still not a gvg arena. You can’t fight any guild you want. Trolls still can destroy your gvg. There are still no leaderboards for gvg.)

We can argue with each other for years, I don’t believe we can agree on something. We have different opinions, that’s it.

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

No it definitely can

ok pls tell me how

Lower the population limit so each server could only field 50 per map. The servers will balance themselves out and the game would turn into skill>population.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

sparc.3649

I have to agree with you partner! NOTHING should do damage to structures EXCEPT other siege. Because when a defense successfully defends, a big enough force can still FORCE their way in by PVD, and that’s kind of counter intuitive to what WvW was supposed to be. Likewise it’s a HUGE problem that damage goes THROUGH the gates, I (as an adamant defender know too well) if a gate is broken, and strategy deems, I’m going to go attempt repair. It’s too bad this is all but impossible since damage somehow goes through the gate. Making it even easier on the offenders to PVD their way in.

This game didn’t always used to be about “the big zerg fest”, once upon a time a small crew of 5 COULD repel the ‘largest group’ coming to gank your tower. Before everyone learned how the mechanichs of the game could be EXPLOITED (I also agree that the tower siege should ONLY be “killable” by other siege -as- what is the first thing that happens when these dumb BLOBS roll up on a structure? Just in case you don’t know I’ll actually answer – “Take out the oil and cannons”. Fair enough, good strategy n all, but it’s a kitten shame when the 60 people AOE them to death and the siege is dead (rendered useless) in about 10-20 seconds, all without any offending siege!

So yes, there are some basic mechanics like this that I believe NEED to be addressed too. Actually fixed, not some band-aid either (like rank attributes)…

- ELIMINATE transfers, have ONE last transfer opportunity for everyone, once you move you’re on that server FOR LIFE
- tower siege (if not all siege) can ONLY be destroyed by other siege
- damage does NOT pass through gates (so we can actually repair them again)

and like I said, I hope that one day they’ll come out w/ REAL fixes to these types of problems and not band-aids. I think rank abilities was nothing more than a bandaid. In particular the repair one. I think they added the one trait line to spend 10 supply at once on repair because that was easier for them to do than to actually fix the fact that damage goes through gates… Likewise I think the new siege disablers (that NEED to be REMOVED BTW) are a sad attempt to fix the fact that blobs just run around taking stuff, they seem to have been initially designed to help DEFENSE. It’s too bad YET AGAIN, the playerbase is EXPLOITING these in ways ANET probably didn’t even imagine, and using them in horrible ways offensively (I’m on WvW strike until these things are gone, and if they don’t remove them I may be gone!). Thing is, they may even work on T1 – I do not know, but on low tier servers I’ve seen them abused offensively.

In all I don’t entirely blame ANET (except for not coming up with REAL fixes), I actually and honestly blame the player base more so. ANET wouldn’t have to fix stuff if US clowns didn’t play the game in a way that they never imagined (zerging, and AOEing PVD etc). Did ANET initially think that a BLOB of 70 morons would strut up to a tower and AOE the oil and cannons down in 10 seconds, I doubt it.

It was and still is a great concept. It just needs some TLC that is all.

/—————————————\
\—————————————/

in WvW

sparc.3649

No it definitely can

ok pls tell me how

Lower the population limit so each server could only field 50 per map. The servers will balance themselves out and the game would turn into skill>population.

I like this idea too, make the limit of how many can be on map MUCH lower, something obscenely lower like fifty! I like it – I vote yes!

/—————————————\
\—————————————/

in WvW

Fluffball.8307

Only T1 servers can get anywhere close to fielding 50 people per map, and we’ve already seen the queue times are not enough to get people to move to lower ranked servers rather than being carried to a win on a high ranked server.

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

Only T1 servers can get anywhere close to fielding 50 people per map, and we’ve already seen the queue times are not enough to get people to move to lower ranked servers rather than being carried to a win on a high ranked server.

50 was just a number grabbed out of the air. You could easily say 30 or 40. The idea is to put everyone on a level playing field. If people would rather sit in queue than transfer that is their choice to make. Once the servers start balancing themselves out the population limit can be incrementally raised.

An added bonus is this would probably reduce lag and skill delay.

LGN

in WvW

Fluffball.8307

I think we’re talking a realistic limit of like 8 people per map. Most servers have a single small zerg that bounces between maps based on threats.

It would have to be a limit per all 4 maps I guess to not break that playstyle.

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

I think we’re talking a realistic limit of like 8 people per map. Most servers have a single small zerg that bounces between maps based on threats.

It would have to be a limit per all 4 maps I guess to not break that playstyle.

Lol I don’t think it’s that bad just yet. Even in tier 7/8 the servers could field around 30 per map. I personally think bringing a little balance to WvW and forcing people to use a bit of strategy instead of just outmanning the other servers might get a lot of people playing again.

Even if your server doesn’t have 50 people on the map and another one does, it will still limit the massive zergs that can just melt down towers and keeps. If a server wants to get in a 50 man blob they will likely lose everything to smaller groups that cap things around them.

LGN