US Leagues - 4 instead of 2! Please!

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

Although Bloodlust and Leagues are a terrible idea, Anet you are still continuing. Please do atleast one thing though and change the US leagues from 2 (12 servers) to 4 (6servers). Currently one of the biggest fears in 1st league is the top 5 servers have population that dwarfs the bottom 7. If each server is going to play each other in league atleast once that will give 4 out 7 matches to be complete blowouts and not fun at all. I am sure bottom 12 servers will experience this. The population for US wvw servers isn’t as balanced as EU and needs the servers divided into groups of 6 instead to have better matchups. These league servers below matched up with each other will give ALOT more balanced matches then dividing servers into 2 groups only.

SOR,BG,JQ,TC,DB,FA League 1
Mag,SoS,SBI,EB,CD,BP League 2
YB,KN,IoJ,DH,NS,HoD League 3
SF,GoM,ET,FC,AR,DR League 4

TLDR
Although Leagues are a dumb idea we need 4 leagues in US instead of 2 to make matchups not blowouts for atleast 50% of 7 weeks duration.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Posted by: Ricardo.5489

Ricardo.5489

well… eb in tier 2 would keep geting 3rd place anyway… and loose every single match up.. u’d just get more winners… not make them more competitive

in WvW

Posted by: TexRob.5183

TexRob.5183

I think more leagues would certainly help spread people around. A guild transferring to a smaller league could then make a real strong bid to take that server to number 1 for the league. Likely you’d have strong servers in each league garnering more and more people, but then you shift the leagues around again putting the winners into the next leagues, 2nds into the next league, etc.

Seems simple enough, and would at least help the situation.

Tex Rob 80 War [RICH] GoM

in WvW

Luvpie.8350

well… eb in tier 2 would keep geting 3rd place anyway… and loose every single match up.. u’d just get more winners… not make them more competitive

IF EB is going to lose every match in League 2 in this scenario you are also going to lose every match in Anet’s current League 1 but not just lose, get demolished. Atleast with League 2 that I reference above you will have decent fights.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Luvpie.8350

I think more leagues would certainly help spread people around. A guild transferring to a smaller league could then make a real strong bid to take that server to number 1 for the league. Likely you’d have strong servers in each league garnering more and more people, but then you shift the leagues around again putting the winners into the next leagues, 2nds into the next league, etc.

Seems simple enough, and would at least help the situation.

I think matchmaking should account for this too. Instead of getting weeks like last and this where we have 2-3 blowouts it will make matchups varied (6 servers random) but also the servers getting matched up are closer in strength.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

Could not agree more however, you didn’t know? Anet WvW devs aren’t allowed to have good ideas. WvW is only used as leverage to create more server transfers and gem sales.

WvW business model:

A) break the game
B) sell the solution in gem store
C) tell us how we should feel about it
D) repeat

in WvW

Posted by: TexRob.5183

TexRob.5183

IF EB is going to lose every match in League 2 in this scenario you are also going to lose every match in Anet’s current League 1 but not just lose, get demolished. Atleast with League 2 that I reference above you will have decent fights.

That’s why you move the winner of each league into a league of the various other winners after each session, like I suggested above. If EB loses like you said, then they will be the favor in the next series quite likely.

Tex Rob 80 War [RICH] GoM

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Although Bloodlust and Leagues are a terrible idea, Anet you are still continuing. Please do atleast one thing though and change the US leagues from 2 (12 servers) to 4 (6servers). Currently one of the biggest fears in 1st league is the top 5 servers have population that dwarfs the bottom 7. If each server is going to play each other in league atleast once that will give 4 out 7 matches to be complete blowouts and not fun at all. I am sure bottom 12 servers will experience this. The population for US wvw servers isn’t as balanced as EU and needs the servers divided into groups of 6 instead to have better matchups. These league servers below matched up with each other will give ALOT more balanced matches then dividing servers into 2 groups only.

SOR,BG,JQ,TC,DB,FA League 1
Mag,SoS,SBI,EB,CD,BP League 2
YB,KN,IoJ,DH,NS,HoD League 3
SF,GoM,ET,FC,AR,DR League 4

TLDR
Although Leagues are a dumb idea we need 4 leagues in US instead of 2 to make matchups not blowouts for atleast 50% of 7 weeks duration.

I totally agree with this, mainly because the gap between the top and the bottom of each league is so huge….

Mag Server Leader

(edited by King Amadaeus.8619)

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I wonder how FA would feel about this? League 2 looks great. League 3 is a little whack. League 4 looks good.

The problem is that the server populations are so different. Until they become more even, someone is always going to have a bad matchup.

Hopefully, people in the top servers get tired of stomping and spread themselves out amongst the lower servers.

Honestly, though, WvW does not have the population to support 24 servers in NA. Realistically, we should spread out over about 12 – 14 servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

NA definitely needs 4 leagues of 6 servers.

2 leagues of 12 servers is pretty much exactly what the current match making system is. And what it is, is a depressing joke.

in WvW

Posted by: Xolido.2847

Xolido.2847

Na players just move to Eu servers we need night cappers! xD

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Could not agree more however, you didn’t know? Anet WvW devs aren’t allowed to have good ideas. WvW is only used as leverage to create more server transfers and gem sales.

WvW business model:

A) break the game
D) repeat

And that why no one plays wvw any more right? Please you know nothing.

Any way 4 leagues may be too much of a brake down ppl are going on about how 3 in EU is too much and they only have 3 more worlds then NA so i am not sure if 4 is a good idea.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

WvW business model:

A) break the game
D) repeat

Any way 4 leagues may be too much of a brake down ppl are going on about how 3 in EU is too much and they only have 3 more worlds then NA so i am not sure if 4 is a good idea.

People lose jobs, money, homes, family and lives from gambling, doesn’t stop them from gambling.

Habits are habits.

And some players stick around because they cling to the square of toilet paper that represents the hope for wvw to be competitive.

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

Something interesting to note:

- The difference between rank 1 EU (SFR r1966) and rank 12 EU (Gandara r1646) is 320 rating points.
- The difference between rank 1 US (BG r2153) and rank 12 US (BP r1510) is 643 rating points.

Now, it seems like the more even servers are the less leagues you would want to create because you could have competitive matches within a larger pool. But Anet says no, that’s silly, we will give the more even servers in EU 3 leagues, and the more disparate servers in the US 2 leagues. Also, WvW ranks will never be account bound because players love character progression.

in WvW

Jski.6180

WvW business model:

A) break the game
D) repeat

People lose jobs, money, homes, family and lives from gambling, doesn’t stop them from gambling.

Habits are habits.

And some players stick around because they cling to the square of toilet paper that represents the hope for wvw to be competitive.

No that not a habit that what you call an addiction where the person bran is such that they CAN NOT stop. To try to call an gambling addiction where you lose every thing just a “habit” is out right hateful and dangerous for ppl.
No one is dieing from WvW yet (i must say i know a few commanders i question if they over do it) but for the most part ppl play WvW because they enjoy it at some level.

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

+1 to this idea.

With 5 servers having imploded or currently imploding due to this change, 2-4 looking shaky, and GvG being purposefully removed from the game; ANet has manufactured a crisis in WvW participation and demonstrated a flagrant disregard for their customers.

With only benefitting party being ArenaNet’s bottom-line, it’s impossible not to look upon this idea without a jaundiced eye.

We understand that the League tournaments could increase WvW population and change the math slightly, but the long-term prospects are very damaging.

Already there’s stories of servers openly offering to pay for transfers and several servers are stacking up and increasing the likelihood of lag and queues in the top servers.

ArenaNet, we appreciate that you have strong opinions you want to stand by; but the courts are already backlogged with companies filing Chapter 13. Seriously, you have made a wonderful brand and wonderful product in the Guild Wars franchise. Don’t lose it all because you are unwilling to listen to what your customers are saying.

in WvW

Posted by: Tuluum.9638

Tuluum.9638

A guildie and I were just talking about this yesterday.

We both actually like the idea of leagues, but the split seems to completely disregard the actual population and coverage differences between the servers.

It would seem to me that the league split should be based on an actual fair split, instead of arbitrarily.

While four leagues in NA would not completely solve the pop/coverage differences, I think it would get much, much closer than two. Heck, if it was split into four, I would even be excited about it! As it stands, I am not too thrilled about getting our server trashed week after week with only a couple weeks where we will likely trash lower populated servers. All I hope is that we at LEAST get a week or two with halfway decent matches.

At this point, I will probably be playing much, much less during half of the matches. Capping supply camps and taking out dolyaks, with the occassional tower ninja gets a bit old after a while. Especially when it is complemented by being melted in .5 seconds to a sea of red constantly. I dont think its too much fun for either side, but I also know plenty of people enjoy being in that sea of red.

I suppose Anet will find out when it is actually implemented and they see the feedback and data from the game.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Yeah but we know they wot change it, they are too stubborn.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Oh, well there’s the problem. WvW isn’t a competitive game mode. It’s just coverage wars between servers stacked with casuals.

in WvW

Solstice.1097

WvW business model:

A) break the game
D) repeat

The way things are currently headed no later than Spring WvW will be about 5 maxed out servers and the rest all ghost towns. The game will mostly die out within a year. That’s a tragedy because this game has (had?) so much potential to be more. The PvP in this game could be the best any MMO has ever seen but instead it continues to incent grinding and avoiding battles instead of actual PvP of any sort. The most PvP that exists in this game is what the players create themselves in desperate attempt to do Anet’s job for them. The communities forged are what keeps players around despite Anet’s best efforts to discourage serious players. When Anet breaks those communities, there will be nothing left to salvage.

in WvW

Jski.6180

WvW business model:

A) break the game
D) repeat

The way things are currently headed no later than Spring WvW will be about 5 maxed out servers and the rest all ghost towns. The game will mostly die out within a year. That’s a tragedy because this game has (had?) so much potential to be more. The PvP in this game could be the best any MMO has ever seen but instead it continues to incent grinding and avoiding battles instead of actual PvP of any sort. The most PvP that exists in this game is what the players create themselves in desperate attempt to do Anet’s job for them. The communities forged are what keeps players around despite Anet’s best efforts to discourage serious players. When Anet breaks those communities, there will be nothing left to salvage.

And the other games that have come out? Stop acting like GW2 is not the best thing out because it IS the best thing out there right now. At best you just do not like something new they are adding in so you “wish the game was dead.”

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Next

Season 1 is going forward as we described, however nothing about future seasons is set in stone. We’ll take a look at the data we get from the first season and will absolutely make adjustments so that future seasons are even better than the first one.

My concern with four leagues is simply that there isn’t enough variety at that point. I could very well be wrong, but we are going to try season 1 this way and then we’ll take a look at how it played out.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I know it is too late but the next time you want to beta a system in production, might want to consider not doing it over nearly two months.

If it doesn’t work, a lot of people are probably just going to move onto other games rather than wait out a several week experiment.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

Season 1 is going forward as we described, however nothing about future seasons is set in stone. We’ll take a look at the data we get from the first season and will absolutely make adjustments so that future seasons are even better than the first one.

My concern with four leagues is simply that there isn’t enough variety at that point. I could very well be wrong, but we are going to try season 1 this way and then we’ll take a look at how it played out.

ok, we can all accept this. But you guys already have data on this. Youve already seen server 6 demolish server 11. And server 2 murder server 4. This was just last week. What new data do you need?

Current system gives enough “variety”. Leagues add nothing.

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

This plus the bloodlust is going to make a lot of people quit… good luck having much of a community after this season…

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

Posted by: Radioactive.1248

Radioactive.1248

Why must you test over a 7 week period? The data from random matchups has been available all throughout the past few months. How will an extra seven weeks of increased score margins because of bloodlust have you reach any different of a conclusion?

Why should tier one have to murder tier four before you realize it would happen anyways. The community will be gone by the time you get around to fixing your mistakes

Star Player
[KEK]

in WvW

Posted by: Benjamin.6235

Benjamin.6235

Hey, I got an idea. How about we have eight leagues and then move servers up and down based on their results of their games? Okay, so we have three servers so you’d have all potential match-ups in one week. Yeah, this idea might work.

[DERP] – Maguuma

in WvW

Jski.6180

Why must you test over a 7 week period? The data from random matchups has been available all throughout the past few months. How will an extra seven weeks of increased score margins because of bloodlust have you reach any different of a conclusion?

Why should tier one have to murder tier four before you realize it would happen anyways. The community will be gone by the time you get around to fixing your mistakes

I think its not going to be like that i think every one is going to faces every one else. Only rank will be at the end of the 7 weeks so adding in a major shift during that time will throw every thing off. I am just hoping we could have a big at the end of the 7 weeks a 1 day event where its 1 world vs another world in a big fight or even a 3 way if we could.

(edited by Jski.6180)

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

because with the season, they have an excuse for not bothering to put out any updates for 7 weeks at a time. they can go back to ignoring WvW, and use their get out of jail free card when people complain.

then, at the end of the 7 weeks, they can plop in something that’s largely fluff or does far more damage than good, and of course is completely filled with bugs that they’ll never fix, and use the next season as an excuse as to why they can’t do anything about it.

it’s the perfect smokescreen for incompetence and neglect.

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

EB does very well for what it has. However, that match-up, if correct, would yield a lot of frustrated long term players I’d argue. Probably many who would just stop playing. No one, regardless of what server, would login only to hit their head against a wall. It just isn’t fun.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in WvW

Posted by: ptitminou.6489

ptitminou.6489

And that pretty much sums up all that is wrong with GW2. 0 foresight.

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten
Because censorship is the most important part of the MMO business.

in WvW

Jski.6180

They did try foresight by telling us what going to happen and the player base hated it. The player base wants it to be this way.

in WvW

ptitminou.6489

They did try foresight by telling us what going to happen and the player base hated it. The player base wants it to be this way.

That’s not foresight, it’s bad PR.
- We are doing to do A.

- We don’t really think that will help, why not do B instead.

- No, we’re doing A. Please look forward to it!

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten

in WvW

Solstice.1097

while populations are so imbalanced, “variety” is a terrible thing to aim for.

in WvW

Jski.6180

- We are doing to do A.

Foresight would of been to lead the AC as they where even with ppl complaining about them and just keep pushing forward with other wvw level ability to counter the AC. Foresight is something a player cant have only the game makers. That means they can have foresight because they simply know more then you do about what they are doing to the game things you CANT know.

in WvW

Posted by: Benjamin.6235

Benjamin.6235

Foresight would of been to lead the AC as they where even with ppl complaining about them and just keep pushing forward with other wvw level ability to counter the AC. Foresight is something a player cant have only the game makers. That means they can have foresight because they simply know more then you do about what they are doing to the game things you CANT know.

I would argue the opposite. At this point, given our incredible amount of hours in this game, we know far more about it than they do.

[DERP] – Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/history/44

Look at this.
Ebay has faced server ranked up to 5 and when we did we got smashed in PPT by double the score.
I cant wait to see what will happen when we face a T1 server triple digit PPT win for them?

as for match diversity, as long as its not a 13 week same 2 servers fighting I doubt many will have a problem.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

Hey, I got an idea. How about we have eight leagues and then move servers up and down based on their results of their games? Okay, so we have three servers so you’d have all potential match-ups in one week. Yeah, this idea might work.

Yep, 8 Leagues just might work.

In fact, you could even call them “tiers”.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in WvW

Posted by: Bunnymancer.6901

Bunnymancer.6901

- We are doing to do A.

What players think on a forum is rarely relevant and what the players need is rarely the same as what they think.

in WvW

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

Edit: deleted, can’t help but feel I am wasting my time & energy on this.

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

(edited by roostapro.9827)

in WvW

Luvpie.8350

Devon we really don’t want the kind of variety in NA where any Top 5 server facings anyone below Tier 2 because the population/rating difference is huge. There will be variety within the leagues with 6 servers in each league. This much variety is enough for us. And you could make the loser of league 1 move down and winner of League 2 move up between Seasons to add some more variety if you wish. Personally me and others I talk to would rather have a close matchup then the variety of facing any top 4 server in terms of population because it’s always going to be a blowout. You have the date from the last few months since the new rating system. Look at it. Any time one of the top5 servers faces anyone below #6 position in terms of rating the matchup is very lopsided.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

(edited by Luvpie.8350)

in WvW

ptitminou.6489

- We are doing to do A.

If they had some, they would let us know. Just like they did with class balance. Right now, they have none and comments like those only make it obvious. They are merely improvising. They are not even trying to predict what will happen, yet everyone is telling them exactly what will happen because it has been happening for months and they are showing no plans to actually fix the real problems, thus, lacking foresight.

Perhaps their intent is to eventually shut down WvW to try and get more people to focus on sPvP as some strongly believe. Perhaps they are right. Perhaps those who think it’s to cash in on server transfers are right. It is hard to know, but all those guesses have a probability of being correct. I just think they are blind. I am being willfully delusional in lending them the quality of actually caring about the WvW system.

in WvW

Posted by: Gamadorn.2670

Gamadorn.2670

Enough variety in what? Can you elaborate?

You mean variety on matchups between servers I assume (with the rng). If that’s the case, I understand part of what you are saying as it will stagnate some of the matches locking you into playing the same other 5 servers for a month or so, which may not be as bad as it sounds at first…

I think the point of the post is that they want to use the leagues to get populations to spread out from the top of tier 1….having two leagues….doesn’t really incentivize this much as say 4 leagues. right now…everyone knows the t1 servers will be in competition for the top spot..so its pretty much guaranteed that one of those servers will be running for the top spot….everything else between t1 and whatever server ends up at the top of the silver league will be abandoned, and once people see where the top silver league servers land….you may see some transfers to those servers…

If you create more leagues, it puts more servers in the running for a chance at winning that league, less chance of blowouts by higher pop servers and gives people more options on servers to transfer to, to try and win that league for the month.

Dragonbrand
Underwater Operations – [WET]

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

All, look at it this way. There is a big gap right now between what the ANET dev team thinks and what people on this forum think. If the league turns out to be as unbalanced as everyone in the forums think, then you have every right to criticize the ideas of the dev team going forward. Until we see the rules though, maybe there is something ANET isn’t telling us with the league set up/scoring.

in WvW

ptitminou.6489

- We are doing to do A.

What players think on a forum is rarely relevant and what the players need is rarely the same as what they think.

Yeah, every time someone has an idea, even a bad one, he is irrelevant and it never exposes a potential problem. He also doesn’t know what he needs because the poor thing, if he buys from you, he must be crazy… I hope you don’t try to become a businessman and you stick to being an employee. For your sake.

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Variety…

Like the one introduced with the matchmaking.

Now the server blowing out the matchup will change every week!

Seriously.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

All, look at it this way. There is a big gap right now between what the ANET dev team thinks and what people on this forum think. If the league turns out to be as unbalanced as everyone in the forums think, then you have every right to criticize the ideas of the dev team going forward. Until we see the rules though, maybe there is something ANET isn’t telling us with the league set up/scoring.

The damage is already done and the masses have already stampeded to servers with the best chance of winning with minimal effort. This renders the WvW experience in lower tier servers as practically “unplayable” within the context of what the game mode was advertised to be.

Sure, those of us who remain still get our kicks by ignoring the scoreboard and roaming/dueling/gvging/etc instead, but that type of behavior has been actively discouraged through forum posts by devs and patches that further expand the gap between zerging and skilled play.

in WvW

Posted by: junglizm.5843

junglizm.5843

With 2 leagues of 12 teams, you have 52 possible match combinations

With 4 leagues of 6 teams you have 10 match combinations

Obviously there is a lot more volatility in with 52 possible combinations but considering a season is only 7 weeks or 7 matches long, I think 4 leagues would be feasible.

Another consideration though is the strength of a schedule. In the 12 team league, a lower rank server might get a lot of lucky matches and do really well where the higher tier servers might attrition their points by having a lot of close matches but failing to get #1 enough times to finish first.

The smaller league would offer more balance and predictable matches but the outcome would also be mostly as predictable. The larger league would offer more volatility and a greater chance at surprise outcomes due to the sheer number of potential matches.

twitch.tv/junglizm
Accelerant [BURN] – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Prime.8792

Prime.8792

So much negativity. Why don’t we give it a chance. People complain that there isn’t enough variety and yet you introduce something new and people freak out.

The irony is that people think they want freedom but what they are used to is rigid hand holding. The lower tier servers were protected from the tier 1 monster servers. This is what they want to cling on to. They want theme park pvp with the choice to exit the rides when they feel like they can’t keep up.

in WvW

Posted by: Prime.8792

Prime.8792

It’s obvious that collusion is the only option for the lower tier servers. Seriously though, how often does the 2 weaker servers ever gang up on the strongest server?

Do they even organize? Or is it going to be like 2 babies fighting an adult?

On the other hand, if the weak servers don’t put in the effort in communicating and organizing, then they deserve to lose.

That’s how I see it.