Warriors, warriors everywhere

in WvW

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

Why? Is it because they got buffs again? It’s not very fun to play against the warrios. They are tanky, they have so much heals, so much mobility, a tons of crowd control, great damage and even stability. Anyway to counter that?

At least if they are that tanky make them do less damage like guardian ;/

(edited by Butter.3024)

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Guardians and classes with conditions can counter, the rest need not apply.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Nope. The Warrior is clearly Anets golden child. Going to level mine up soon and shelve my Guardian.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in WvW

Posted by: White Raven.4368

White Raven.4368

I have a WvW rank 150 Necro,and a rank 90 Engineer.I am running my rank 9 Warrior at the moment.And watch the squishy fishy, fall to the hammer dishy.

Desolation [LOST]Lost in Socks Guild.

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Nope. The Warrior is clearly Anets golden child. Going to level mine up soon and shelve my Guardian.

Ohh yeah me too man

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in WvW

Posted by: Radian.2478

Radian.2478

Warrior, in my mind, is the best profession by far for getting the WvW achievements. Just go GS S/WH with PTV and a defensive set up and hop in a zerg. It’s the best profession for getting to the capture circle and surviving through the capture. It’s the number one profession in the game for fastest WXP when zerging as a result also.

in WvW

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Warrior, in my mind, is the best profession by far for getting the WvW achievements. Just go GS S/WH with PTV and a defensive set up and hop in a zerg. It’s the best profession for getting to the capture circle and surviving through the capture. It’s the number one profession in the game for fastest WXP when zerging as a result also.

Thief in full solder gear and with dagger/pistol+short bow will tag more and move faster for zerg tagging,and with stealth will never die if zerg get wiped :P

in WvW

Posted by: Goids.5096

Goids.5096

Well, due to the skill lag pressing 1 is your best and only option, and the warrior matches this role perfectly due to his decent damage and survivability (i.e. running through the blob 1111 while other classes actually have to press 11167(!) to survive). Best adaptation to the current blob vs. blob skill(less) lag fest we all love so much .

in WvW

Radian.2478

Thief in full solder gear and with dagger/pistol+short bow will tag more and move faster for zerg tagging,and with stealth will never die if zerg get wiped :P

Warrior has way more health and toughness though as well as invulnerabilities and more condition removal. Stealth will help a bit but not enough to make up for this because in large zergs, they can just flood AoE. The thief also can’t take siege damage for as long of a time when entering heavily sieged up keeps. Thief is way better at tagging if you want more loot, though. It’s still not going to give better WXP overall, though.

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

It’s still not going to give better WXP overall, though.

Best WXP has and always will be Karma Trains. Nothing else compares…………..

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

Personally I’ve been playing a Thief/Rogue-like character in every MMo since I started playing MMO’s, and for many many years prior through CRPGs, ARPGS and PnP RPGs. Yet after Guild Wars 2, I just got sick and tired of every single balance patch nerfing the Thief. I rerolled Warrior months ago and haven’t looked back.

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

yeah can’t spit anywhere w/o hitting a warrior…. soon this game will not be named “Guild Wars 2” but just “Wars 2”…. zzzzzz

the problem is that right now the class has almost no trade off

guardians sacrifice dmg for survival
thieves sacrifice survival for dmg

What do warriors sacrifice? Nothing. No matter what build they choose they still gonna do good dmg, have good survival, moblity and CCs…-_-

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

It’s what happens when you balance the game around sPvP and ignore all other game modes.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Front line melee classes are the grunts of most any MMO large scale battles so it’s obvious you gonna notice them first since they alongside guardians will be the first wave you run into.

That said, those warriors, particularly in tier 1 are traited largely for survivability so they don’t become instant rally bots taking the initial spike damage so they won’t be bursting you down if you catch them one on one. Maneuver and focus the backline where all the squishies and dps are.

in WvW

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

Warriors aren’t OP, at all. In fact the main issue players were having with warriors (stun) has been reduced with a key bugfix.

Warriors are only so effective because they tend to build PVT for WvW (as you should) and the lag forces everyone to auto-attack only, making the least APM intensive class more viable.

Outside the presence of hideous lag warriors aren’t any more challenging or effective than any other class, especially if you have toughness in your build (Which you should).

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

The game made the meta in wvw.
I just rolled warrior lvl 1, and am destroying everything in my way, and you know what is the most fun about it, it is true.. :S

Only two classes (skills) are viable in wvw, guardian #1 and warrior #1
The rest… well you can always follow the train or go cap a camp or something..

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in WvW

Posted by: Upham.6137

Upham.6137

Let’s just all play warrior.

Mine is lvl 41.

Bläck Dähliä

in WvW

Posted by: OuTlaw.8469

OuTlaw.8469

Every Warrior i saw this Weekend in wvw was running away from me or died. From my point of view the only inbalanced thing now is the immob build from the warrior but there are not many warris running this build atm.

Bam Bám – Guardian – Solo WvWvW Roamer
Server: RiverSide

in WvW

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

i have 2 warriors lulz

in WvW

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Warriors are OP as crud. Their high HP makes them even more tankier than Guardians, their damage is insane, they can remove conditions just as well as Guardians on themselves, and can also chain-stun you to stupid.

I don’t even know how did Anet let the class become like that. WvW may as well stand for Warrior vs Warrior at the moment.

in WvW

Posted by: Sreoom.3690

Sreoom.3690

Guild Warriors 2

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

Warriors are OP as crud. Their high HP makes them even more tankier than Guardians, their damage is insane, they can remove conditions just as well as Guardians on themselves, and can also chain-stun you to stupid.

I don’t even know how did Anet let the class become like that. WvW may as well stand for Warrior vs Warrior at the moment.

Just putting it out there. As a front line/havoc group built warrior and guardian. NO the warrior is not tankier then the guardian with insane damage. Its an either or.

My warrior is tough and does hit hard, but he sacrificed some of the tankiness that my guardian has. My guardian can usually handle 4-5 people for 20-30 seconds if I get all my skills off, up to a minute if the enemy never CCs me. But I am not taking anyone down with me. The warrior can take on up to 2 usually, 3 if they are not very good but its a toss of the coin if I can stomp one of them before I go down.

What you see is a product of 2 heavy vs 3 medium and 3 light classes. Everyone that wants to play melee in a fantasy game needs the toughness to survive right? Most people play a melee to get that feeling of the knight or soldier… that only leaves them 2 choices.

say 900 people are playing. Lets split them up evenly.

300 go to a light class
300 go to a medium class
300 go to a heavy class.

That breaks down to
100 Mesmers
100 necros
100 Eles

100 Thiefs
100 Engies
100 Rangers

150 Guardians
150 Warriors

So now you see… OMG there are more warriors and guardians then any other class right??

Well… no… its just that playstyle is consolidated.

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

It’s what happens when you balance the game around sPvP and ignore all other game modes.

The thing is, warrior is broken also in spvp

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in WvW

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

1. Warriors have the best hits and armor in the game. That is a given.
2. They have all the mobility that ANET told Elementalists (with the lowest armor and hitpoints in the game and no stealth gimmic) was too much for any one class.
3. They deal some of the best damage in the game.
4. They have the best CC in the game.
5. They have the best passive abilities in the game. (Regens, immunities, cleansing, ect)
6. They have some of the best group utility in the game.

No matter what role you want to play, the warrior has some of the best reasons to play that role.

The one role that warriors are the worst at (Healing) is the one role that ANet doesn’t want in their game. Go figure.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

in WvW

Posted by: CharlieBear.2741

CharlieBear.2741

1. Warriors have the best hits and armor in the game. That is a given.
2. They have all the mobility that ANET told Elementalists (with the lowest armor and hitpoints in the game and no stealth gimmic) was too much for any one class.
3. They deal some of the best damage in the game.
4. They have the best CC in the game.
5. They have the best passive abilities in the game. (Regens, immunities, cleansing, ect)
6. They have some of the best group utility in the game.

No matter what role you want to play, the warrior has some of the best reasons to play that role.

And yet some warriors are still amazingly bad xD

[TA] necro

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

You know the warriors are laughing with threads like these in their official forum.
A guardian has protection, a warrior does not. And protection highers your suvivability greatly. Guardians are still definitely more tanky than warriors.

Warriors condition cleaning got nerfed last patch. Conditions are enourmously strong aswel.

A warrior build for roaming and 1vs1 fights, will win often. Because most people run their zerg builds or crappy builds or are upscaled. But such warrior will never win from a good played thief or mesmer.

Only thing I agree on is that warriors mobility should get nerfed slightly. Like a range reduction on the skills. Bringing Rush to 900 would be a nice start.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in WvW

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

I play engi in WvWvW.

I admit warriors can be tough, but I can take down most of them with patience.

I have more hps than them (Healing Turret heals 2*2520+9s regen (= 1170)2*1320 (Turret blast + Rocket Boots) = 50401170+2640 = 8920 8920/20 = 446 hps).

I can blind them, chill them, stun them with shield #5, and stop him with bombs.

Sure, it’s a long fight. But not a hopeless one.

And one more thing: don’t avoid a warrior running a straight line, but circle around him. Warrior are mobile only when they need to walk in a straight line. And use +condi duration food (as you always should as an engi condi roamer).

Another possibility: Elixir Gun. Perma weakness, Perma bleed, Cripple and Poison. Good luck with that. Use Protection Injection and/or -20% damage when disabled alongside weakness and you won’t fear 100 blades that much anymore, even if weakness gets cleansed.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in WvW

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

I play engi in WvWvW.

I have more hps than them (Healing Turret heals 2*2520+9s regen (= 1170)2*1320 (Turret blast + Rocket Boots) = 50401170+2640 = 8920 8920/20 = 446 hps).

I can blind them, chill them, stun them with shield #5, and stop him with bombs.

And one more thing: don’t avoid a warrior running a straight line, but circle around him. Warrior are mobile only when they need to walk in a straight line. And use +condi duration food (as you always should as an engi condi roamer).

Another possibility: Elixir Gun. Perma weakness, Perma bleed, Cripple and Poison. Good luck with that. Use Protection Injection and/or -20% damage when disabled alongside weakness and you won’t fear 100 blades that much anymore, even if weakness gets cleansed.

So you have to blow all your insane burst with your Perplexity build and its still have a tough battle with a warrior? Doesn’t that just say it all. If warriors were balanced we would be talking about putting a ICD on Perplexity runes, but Warriors are so over the top that your insanity is still second fiddle.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

in WvW

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

I play engi in WvWvW.

So you have to blow all your insane burst with your Perplexity build and its still have a tough battle with a warrior? Doesn’t that just say it all. If warriors were balanced we would be talking about putting a ICD on Perplexity runes, but Warriors are so over the top that your insanity is still second fiddle.

I don’t use perplexity runes. I am a poor guy who spent too much time on spvp.XD

I’m playing with Rare Dire gear against full exotic warrs, I use runes of the undead.

And Rocket Boots is on the same cooldown as turret. That means they work well together when I don’t need boots in other situations (in that case, you use the turret toolbelt to make another combo field).

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in WvW

Radian.2478

Yes exactly and warrior is the number one profession for getting WXP through karma trains hands down. Second fastest profession, 33k hp, 3.8k toughness, 6 condi removals, 3 invulnerabilities, stabilities, and 700 hp per second through heal sig + trait. This means it is the best profession for getting to the capture circle when taking defended stuff and staying alive in the cap circle.

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Getting pretty sick of these hammer wars and guardian groups too. Now when the pve people come join the fights I see a lot of different professions but still it’s warrior #1.

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

Yes exactly and warrior is the number one profession for getting WXP through karma trains hands down. Second fastest profession, 33k hp, 3.8k toughness, 6 condi removals, 3 invulnerabilities, stabilities, and 700 hp per second through heal sig + trait. This means it is the best profession for getting to the capture circle when taking defended stuff and staying alive in the cap circle.

HAHAHAHAHA, go play warrior first before claiming such numbers. And if you would actually try and reach those numbers, guess how hard he will hit you? I’ll say between 350-750 depending on your armor.

If I read all the comments about people complaining about warriors it feels like it is more a learn to play issue. As the engi said, move in circles, the straight line abilities will miss so often, don’t even need to use dodge rolls. But people think: better make sure he doesn’t hit me and use both my rolls…

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Warriors are the easiest class ever to counter. I have no idea what you guys are on about. Personally I kill a lot more people using my guardian and thief than with a warrior.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

Well, for me, the Warrior makes a better Ranger than my Ranger… Exacerbated by the current state of WvWvW lag, which renders a pet about useless. I can’t even get my f2 to fire off on time with my Warrior, forget the way F2 is borked on my Ranger, whish lag renders it totally useless.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Eternal Wrath.6809

Eternal Wrath.6809

my zerker, illusion based, mesmer has no probs with them whatsoever.

absolute favorite situation is when they take out the riffle, and all i have to do is put temporal curtain up and watch their hp melt away

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

my zerker, illusion based, mesmer has no probs with them whatsoever.

absolute favorite situation is when they take out the riffle, and all i have to do is put temporal curtain up and watch their hp melt away

Warriors and rifle? Wow no wonder you kill them so kitten easy

in WvW

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

yeah can’t spit anywhere w/o hitting a warrior…. soon this game will not be named “Guild Wars 2” but just “Wars 2”…. zzzzzz

the problem is that right now the class has almost no trade off

guardians sacrifice dmg for survival
thieves sacrifice survival for dmg

What do warriors sacrifice? Nothing. No matter what build they choose they still gonna do good dmg, have good survival, moblity and CCs…-_-

The amount of noobiness in this thread is unbelievable.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in WvW

Lighter.5631

please tell me how you get 2 sets of armor 10 utilities and have 30/30/30/30/30 on your char.

“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in WvW

Posted by: Evilek.5690

Evilek.5690

please tell me how you get 2 sets of armor 10 utilities and have 30/30/30/30/30 on your char.

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/warrior/?8.0|c.5q.0.c.5q.0.0.0.0|0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0|1q.719.1q.719.1q.719.1q.719.1q.719.1q.719|2x.0.2x.0.3x.0.2x.0.3x.0.2w.0|0.a3.u000.u000.0|0.0|0.0.0.0.0|e

Of course you need 30/30/30/30 dont be funny

50k effective HP 1.5k HP/2s 1.5k condition dmg.

Evilek lvl 80 Charr Thief Why no ?
Fredy Brimstone lvl 80 Mighty Warrior
Oupí lvl 80 Immortal Guardian

in WvW

Lighter.5631

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/warrior/?8.0|c.5q.0.c.5q.0.0.0.0|0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0|1q.719.1q.719.1q.719.1q.719.1q.719.1q.719|2x.0.2x.0.3x.0.2x.0.3x.0.2w.0|0.a3.u000.u000.0|0.0|0.0.0.0.0|e

Of course you need 30/30/30/30 dont be funny

50k effective HP 1.5k HP/2s 1.5k condition dmg.

please teach me your way of getting 6 condition removal with 3 invulnerabilities while having stability and having 700 hp per second regen.

-Excalibur.9748

in WvW

Evilek.5690

(edited by Evilek.5690)

in WvW

Lighter.5631

Let’s make it clear, since you don’t get what is an invulnerability. berserker stance and endure pain are not invulnerability. mist form and renewed focus are what invulnerability is, second of all, you have no stability. 3rd of all, adrenaline health ticks every 3 seconds. 4th of all you only have 1 condition removal, which if you use it, your regen drop by alot, not to mention you have no healing. and no berserker stance is not a condition removal. 5th of all with your s/s lb set up you are not any faster then most of the classes perhaps slower. and last of all, you do kitten damage

-Excalibur.9748

(edited by Lighter.5631)

in WvW

Evilek.5690

Let’s make it clear, since you don’t get what is an invulnerability. berserker stance and endure pain are not invulnerability. mist form and renewed focus are what invulnerability is, second of all, you have no stability. 3rd of all, adrenaline health ticks every 3 seconds. 4th of all you only have 1 condition removal, which if you use it, your regen drop by alot, not to mention you have no healing. and no berserker stance is not a condition removal. 5th of all with your s/s lb set up you are not any faster then most of the classes perhaps slower. and last of all, you do kitten damage

Hahaha

Come 1v1 Mr Lighter.5631 i show you kitten damage and low survivability

(edited by Evilek.5690)

in WvW

Lighter.5631

Hahaha

sure ill 1v1 you anytime

thing is, i don’t even need to 1v1 you, its not like win or lost in 1v1 will make you win this argument, 1v1 would only prove skill wise. in fact i already won this argument, because the build you posted is already 80% incorrect from the “6 condition removal with 3 invulnerabilities while having stability and having 700 hp per second regen.” you have stated above.

but still, if you insist, add me, ill be on tonight.

-Excalibur.9748

(edited by Lighter.5631)

in WvW

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

As many people above stated, besides being kitten powerful, warriors are largely lag-proof. A full set of signet passives and you’re all set for today’s wvw environment.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

in WvW

Evilek.5690

Hahaha

sure ill 1v1 you anytime, come pvp since i have no wvw char set up.

thing is, i don’t even need to 1v1 you, its not like win or lost in 1v1 will make you win this argument, 1v1 would only prove skill wise. in fact i already won this argument, because the build you posted is already 80% incorrect from the “6 condition removal with 3 invulnerabilities while having stability and having 700 hp per second regen.” you have stated above.

Where I wrote 6x condition removal and 3x invurnerabilities ? Please show me.

in WvW

Lighter.5631

Hahaha

oh sorry, the other guy said it. but since you replied to me with build and tried to argue, i thought it automatically means that you agree with him. if you did not agree with him then you should have told me the 1st time i mention that statement.

in conclude, i still win this argument.

As many people above stated, besides being kitten powerful, warriors are largely lag-proof. A full set of signet passives and you’re all set for today’s wvw environment.

you meant PvE right?

-Excalibur.9748

(edited by Lighter.5631)

in WvW

Evilek.5690

Hahaha

oh sorry, the other guy said it. but since you replied to me with build and tried to argue, i thought it automatically means that you agree with him. if you did not agree with him then you should have told me the 1st time i mention that statement.

Next time =)

in WvW

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

Newsflash.In spvp he warrior population has decreased sustantially.Where you would normally see 3 wars in one team and 4 in the other a few days back,after the patch you see 1,2 warriors .The stunlock meta is over get over it.Condi meta will be back in wvw in force as soon as ppl have gold to change gear again just wait a few weeks/months.

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

Thats is what i did. And i am so happy right now.