Well played Anet

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

With the league nearly here and everyone is foolishly stacking up at t1 servers, Anet surely got themselves quite a lot of money. Will it end here? Nope. When t1 players realize that they will only meet their “real” opponent just one time through out the whole league while having blow out match up for the rest of the league, surely a lot of them will transfer to lower tier once they got tired of PvD, especially Oceanic/SEA players. Which also means kaching to Anet.

Well played sir, well played.

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Dasboba.1652

Dasboba.1652

Honestly, this is the last hoorah for gem paid transfers. I doubt very many will move back down to a lower tier. It’s more likely that they will just quit. It seems like with every passing day less and less guildies are logging on. Between the ascended mess, and the bloodlust buff, what’s the point?

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

Honestly after all the ascended crap, lag, blow out matches, bloodlust, commander garbage, and much much more I can’t see WvW making a comeback. By the end of this first season many new games and consoles for that matter will be out leaving a big question: what are the devs doing to maintain their player base?

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

With the league nearly here and everyone is foolishly stacking up at t1 servers, Anet surely got themselves quite a lot of money. Will it end here? Nope. When t1 players realize that they will only meet their “real” opponent just one time through out the whole league while having blow out match up for the rest of the league, surely a lot of them will transfer to lower tier once they got tired of PvD, especially Oceanic/SEA players. Which also means kaching to Anet.

Well played sir, well played.

No because they will still PVD if they transfer to a lower ranked server……..( the SEA/OC/EU) It will slightly increase their odds by allowing them to fight their former server….

Also, if they transfer to a lower tier they will just be badly outnumbered when they do face their former server which wont be any fun at all….

Simply put, it is too late to balance wvw….. there is literally nothing they can do…… short of a complete total drastic rework of wvw and its core mechanics.

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

(edited by Aurust.8961)

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

Ah come on people isn’t it clear already?

Still have insane skill lag
5 dollar budget for WvW ( they gave a 100 dollar bonus for the extra bloodlust points )
Numbers equals winning

Now compare that to PVE

New content every 2 week
New Gem shop items
Bosses/Dungeons updates
Hidden changes in the living world

Should I mention Spvp between this? Nahh, what is Spvp right? Tutorial zone for WvW lol

GuildWars 2 is a PVE focused game, they probally make 90-95% of their money out of it from the PVE side.

I think we should wait for new open world mmo pvp games, its over in GW2 my humble opinion

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

People won’t leave tier 1. I know guilds that have, and they have mostly ended up back in tier 1 because it is the only place to reliably get large fights and balanced matchups. If Anet ruins tier 1, they’ll just quit.

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Couple of months from now Devon will be sat at his desk staring at his P45 wondering where the hell it all went wrong

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: XselectX.9026

XselectX.9026

man its just soooo funny heavy wvwers really dont get how much more attention they get then pvper and still kitten

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: violentlycar.5267

violentlycar.5267

man its just soooo funny heavy wvwers really dont get how much more attention they get then pvper and still kitten

I’d rather get no attention than changes that actively damage the game.

Maguuma – plays Asuras with various permutations of the name “Viocar”

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

5 dollar budget for WvW ( they gave a 100 dollar bonus for the extra bloodlust points )
Numbers equals winning

Now compare that to PVE

New content every 2 week
New Gem shop items
Bosses/Dungeons updates

Should I mention Spvp between this? Nahh, what is Spvp right? Tutorial zone for WvW lol

GuildWars 2 is a PVE focused game, they probally make 90-95% of their money out of it from the PVE side.

I think we should wait for new open world mmo pvp games, its over in GW2 my humble opinion

To be honest, much of the new bi-weekly content is pretty low quality as well — full of bugs that never get fixed, recycled “F” – pressing mechanics. They’re basically a bi-weekly list of mindless achievements.

It seems Anet as a whole has some serious problems. It doesn’t help that they don’t really care about WvW as a game mode, and are trying to push as many people away from it and into their failed sPvP.

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

The numbers will force their hand the problem is as it was with every other failed mmo of last decade. The dev fail to realize that once you lose a player you will never get him/her back. So as the numbers start to fall it’s more or less over.

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

just in case someone forgot: go to T1 and wait 3 hours in queue. GG

[ROCK]
Desolation

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

Honestly after all the ascended crap, lag, blow out matches, bloodlust, commander garbage, and much much more I can’t see WvW making a comeback. By the end of this first season many new games and consoles for that matter will be out leaving a big question: what are the devs doing to maintain their player base?

yea im done basically. already on other games atm. when new ones come out, i’ll rarely be logging to gw2

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

It’s more likely that they will just quit. It seems like with every passing day less and less guildies are logging on …

This is very likely, and I have to agree since there are less people in my server WvW now. All the faces that I used to see when I transfer to TC are gone. I’m being a little dramatic here, but it’s really sad when that happens.

By the end of this first season many new games and consoles for that matter will be out leaving a big question: what are the devs doing to maintain their player base?

I’m thinking of that as well, not now but as in 6 months ago when I quit for 3 months expecting when I come back there will be huge change on the game, but sadly to say there’s non. The only reason I’m sticking with this is because of my guild leader and some of the core members that always do some WvW run and GvG. Since most of them got burned out WvW is not the same anymore. Really one of the reason people stay with GW2 is because of the people, but when they are gone what does GW2 offer? Just the combat that is fluid, but people will get bored of it if there are no opponent(will happen a lot of times when league start) other than that there’s nothing(my point of view).

As for my server, the way I see it we’ll just have one nearly good match up with FA/DB while being steamrolled by over stacked t1 and PvDoor the rest of the league season. You know what this means? 1 week of good match up for the season. A lot of people will quit because of this.

Couple of months from now Devon will be sat at his desk staring at his P45 wondering where the hell it all went wrong

I hope he’ll sat on his desk while staring at his termination letter. So much for his sticking up for the WvW players promise(his no 1 word: “SOON”) while what he’s doing is just being an kitten kisser to his employer. Well can’t blame him as it is his job, but if you want to kittened up the customer you are serving, stop giving them sweet promises.

Numbers equals winning

Now compare that to PVE

New content every 2 week
New Gem shop items
Bosses/Dungeons updates

As what an Alpha tester said, skill lag will never be gone, hence stacking at T1 is a bad idea since Anet will never ever ever ever upgrade WvW server as it won’t generate income for them. Which is why they push up their money on sPvP hoping it’ll be an eSport so they’ll get sponsorship.

Tbh most of the PvE content is just the same setup. Kill 250 mobs, find 50 POI, it’s horrendous. Think it this way, w/o the combat system(this does not include the stupid AI which is pure kitten. Millions of hp and just stay at a spot) I don’t think anyone will have the power to do any of the PvE achievement. And yes I agree too, because I’m as well just waiting for another RvR game.

(edited by Buzzcrave.6197)

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

You guys (and the majority of the rest of these forums) have it a bit backwards.

They don’t want to retain all of their customers, especially not the ones they have exhausted the gem purchases from (read: WvWers), they want to actively encourage expanding the player base further into the casual market.

Time gating, regular releases of content and other things that create a set of players that log in at regular intervals, play something they are interested in, do some form of “daily ritual” which may or may not include dailies and then log out.

Why do you think this game has less robust tools for dealing with serious tasks like running guilds, running parties even or map management?

They grind out the serious players by giving them a series of walls to hit, and then bring in the new people to experience the wonder of the game anew.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Kimhyuna.1035

Kimhyuna.1035

I read it expecring it to be a person from TC, I wasnt dissapointed.
Blame anet, there would have been less if any transfers if they thought about the league system for nore than like 5 mins.

And if it gets boring, people will just quit.

Minion

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: capnkewl.5019

capnkewl.5019

Yeah, wvw might as well be dead outside of t1. or w/e the 2nd league top servers are.

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

If you’re spending any RL money on this game good luck to you, horrible loss of cash

PAXA -GM

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

If you’re spending any RL money on this game good luck to you, horrible loss of cash

Mom said I could use her credit card because I’m her special little man.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

I’d just like to make a note of one thing that I think people aren’t considering when they transfer to stacked worlds. You will not, repeat will not, be able to receive the reward based on overall world place in the league, unless you achieve the meta achievement for the season. If you aren’t able to get into WvW much, you won’t get the rewards. So it is absolutely taking a risk to transfer to a world that has a large WvW population.

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Ikaros.7812

Ikaros.7812

Uh-oh, they better transfer back real fast!

Banana And Cookies [BC]
all is vain

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

I’d jukitten like to make a note of one thing that I think people aren’t considering when they transfer to kittenacked worlds. You will not, repeat will not, be able to receive the reward based on overall world place in the league, unless you achieve the meta achievement for the season. If you aren’t able to get into WvW much, you won’t get the rewards. So it is absolutely taking a risk to transfer to a world that has a large WvW population.

What does| this |even mean? Everyone loses? 50% of the Top 3 placements population gets nothing because they can’t complete the achievementkittenhe other servers will never get the winning prize, that’s what you meant?

Quite frankly I rather the wvw team concentrate on getting the wvw population back, giving them exclusive skins/better loot, then implement the wvw leagues. You see what happens when the servers are not balanced? Everyone transfers. And inkittenead of immediately correcting said policies on wvw leagues, you went ahead and placed orbs back in, creating a further disparity between the kittenrong and the weak servers.

My idea of fun ikitteno play a game againkitten opponents of similar numbers, not pvdoor. Jukitten saying.

PS: I.n.kitten-e.a.d is a censored word. Gosh, I can’t even write ins and tead. Hakittenhe censor dictionary traveled to N.Korea recently?

(edited by LoneWolfie.1852)

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

i feel so trolled by this red post

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: junglizm.5843

junglizm.5843

AHAHAHAHAHAHA,

GG Anet.

Anet: 1
Tier 1: 0

twitch.tv/junglizm
Accelerant [BURN] – Fort Aspenwood

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

I’d just like to make a note of one thing that I think people aren’t considering when they transfer to stacked worlds. You will not, repeat will not, be able to receive the reward based on overall world place in the league, unless you achieve the meta achievement for the season. If you aren’t able to get into WvW much, you won’t get the rewards. So it is absolutely taking a risk to transfer to a world that has a large WvW population.

I don’t know what the achievements are but I bet it won’t be too hard to get when the stacked server get paired with the server that’s not so stacked. Sure when the top 3 servers are fighting most will not be able to get in due to Q but on day 3 of a lop sided match …

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: JKFlipFlop.7123

JKFlipFlop.7123

Oh boy, more inane achievements…

I Am Harmfull – [WHO] ex tM/XOXO
Roamer and Troll
GoM→NSP→AR→NSP→GoM

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: ich.7086

ich.7086

He meant that spreading the population to allow both competion between servers and reward for all wvwers is the goal of this.

I Am An Intruder – War 80
Ich Bin Marc – Thief 80
All Your Dolyaks Are Belong To [Us] (Fort Ranik)

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Visirale.6097

Visirale.6097

I’d jukitten like to make a note of one thing that I think people aren’t considering when they transfer to kittenacked worlds. You will not, repeat will not, be able to receive the reward based on overall world place in the league, unless you achieve the meta achievement for the season. If you aren’t able to get into WvW much, you won’t get the rewards. So it is absolutely taking a risk to transfer to a world that has a large WvW population.

I don’t think anyone is transferring for that. Servers are BUYING WVW guilds to stack up for seasons. Population means nothing. Educated and active WVW population means everything. When you saturate your serve with these types of players, the average skill level of a person in wvw goes up for the entire server. Thus when server 8-12 sees they’re going to have to go up against T1, they transfer to Servers 15-13. This makes the difference between 13 and 24 more disparate than it already was.

Edit: why is s-t filtered to kitten? T_T

(edited by Visirale.6097)

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Gamadorn.2670

Gamadorn.2670

I"m sure most people will be able to get in when there isn’t a queue and get the achievement….it’s certainly not going to be a barrier for people….what will be a barrier is that all the other servers not 1, 2 or 3 in the rankings will pretty much never get a shot at winning the gold league….far more of a barrier then not accomplishing some silly meta achievement…

Dragonbrand
Underwater Operations – [WET]

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

A flawed perspective.

No Risk for little to no Reward vs Risk it all for the biggest Reward.

Sounds like someone has never been to Vegas.

Rewards aside, no one is going to enjoy being on the losing team. The point is for the game to be fun, which is the reason it’s an entertainment product. Not fun? Not entertaining.

Besides if we wanted shiny meaningless rewards we’d be in PvE. “Oh you got the Gold rewards from the leagues?! So what…so did literally everyone else on the server…and ya got it by bullying inferior servers…wanna cookie?”

Hate to bust your bubble, but I don’t think you get it bro…

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Devon -

Depending on what the meta achievements are, people may not be able to complete them given the current match-up style anyway.

Matches are so imbalanced right now that the three WvW dailies are sometimes extremely difficult to complete, let alone meta achievements that are supposed to last an entire league’s duration.

So, you’re either on a large server that steamrolls opponents in WvW, but you can’t get in because of queues, or you’re on a small server with no queue but you constantly get steamrolled. The third option is a medium server that occasionally has queues, but at least has a chance of taking a few objectives once in a while.

Honestly, it sounds like the medium server is the best bet, but that is still contingent on how the league match-ups are going to work, because even medium servers generally can’t counter the sheer numbers of the stacked servers.

And, no matter what server it is, if they don’t have night coverage, they’re going to suffer a nearly insurmountable score deficiency when playing a server that does. That is, by itself, punishing servers simply for who is playing on the server, which is truly absurd.

With all of that said, the two primary problems are (A) the randomized match-making system, and (B) the fact that WvW still has next to no strategies that can counter a significant difference in numbers among the three participating servers.

Unfortunately, your league system relies on those same mixed match-ups, which are exactly what so many people here on the forums are expressing that they dislike.

If you can fix the consistently imbalanced match-ups, you’ll have far fewer complaints about WvW in general.

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Unless, of course, matches are decided within hours of day one and the lower ranked servers just quit (very likely if they’ve already been blown out several weeks in a row).
WvW population then decreases among all servers for the rest of the week alleviating the queue issues for the higher ranked servers.

In fact, because population decreases affect the lower ranked servers more, it will possibly be they who have problems obtaining achievements from lack of players.

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

You have to be joking.

What have sPvP players asked for and didn’t get?

Players: Paid tournaments don’t pop!
ANet: single round tournies so you don’t have to wait more than a few minutes

Players: We want more maps!
ANet: Have 3!

Players: We want a ladder to see who the best are!
ANet: Yes, my precious flower.

Players: we want to run our own tournies!
ANet: custom arenas

Players: We want to spectate matches!
ANet: yes my special flower. Anything for you!

Players: Premades stomp pugs!
ANet: solo queue

Players: Necros, warriors and rangers are garbage
ANet: Here you go, now they’re great!

Players: We want more game modes!
ANet: they’re coming soon my special flower.

You get almost everything you ask for, except maybe PvE rewards for sPvP and fixing it so ranked matches don’t start with less than 5v5.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

(edited by Caffynated.5713)

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Ikaros.7812

Ikaros.7812

I think we’re all forgetting that you get the rewards based on which server you are on when the league begins. Join a stacked server, move back to lower tier to complete meta achievement, move back before next season begins.

People get rewards and Anet gets gem purchases. And I die a little inside if it works like this.

Banana And Cookies [BC]
all is vain

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Errr…excuse me but I have been on Seafarer’s Rest since day 1, now I might miss out because of everyone bandwagoning our server…

Well thats kitten…

Couldn’t you have mentioned this earlier?

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

Too bad when the stack servers fight everyone else it will make certain tasks very difficult if not down right impossible for the other servers to accomplish. GG Anet.

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I like this. As other have mentioned, T1 servers (and others) are buying players at this point. I reeeeeeeally hope that the new achievements bring a lot of PvE types into WvW. That will cause all those T1 bandwagon jumpers to get stuck in queues. Fantastic.

Well played Anet

in WvW

Blix.8021

meta achievement for the season

I’m pretty sure whatever meta achievement you make it will be easy enough to get within a 7 week period. Tier 1 will get matched up with other tier 1 several times, so tier 1 will get the achievements done + get the rewards. GG.

Tier 1 haters can go back to being angry.

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

The queues are thaaaat bad, the longest queue ive had in recent memory was like 30 min maybe? The queue situation is greatly overblown, mostly because sooooooo many players quit wvw due to the absolutely horrid state it is currently in.

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

If you’re stuck in a queue most days and can’t get in to complete your achievements, you don’t get the reward.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Are queues really that long most nights, or do you have to be on for reset to get rewards?

If you need to ‘achieve’ these achievements, then it will follow that the lowest rank servers will have the hardest time getting the rewards as they will constantly disadvantaged.

Congratulations, yet ANOTHER reason for low tier guilds to transfer higher! If you are on BP or CD, you’ll might never get a chance to get the reward since you’ll have more populated servers in the match, making sure you can’t do anything.

BG and JQ players will max out their achievement lines probably before the first week is over, while the T4 servers will be lucky if they complete them at all.

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I like this. As other have mentioned, T1 servers (and others) are buying players at this point. I reeeeeeeally hope that the new achievements bring a lot of PvE types into WvW. That will cause all those T1 bandwagon jumpers to get stuck in queues. Fantastic.

LOL (for real) at the fought of T1 servers getting rolled in NA prime by T4 servers because all the casuals clogging up the queues.

Well played Anet

in WvW

Blix.8021

The queues in tier 1 are grossly exaggerated by people not in tier 1 to make themselves feel better.

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Don’t transfer to lagfest if you want to actually enjoy the game. Do you care what your rank is? A number that doesn’t give you anything in-game? I don’t. I just want to pwn noobs, troll with ballistas, knock people off cliffs, and pick up phat lootz the way Santa intended for the little children.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: airstu.2579

airstu.2579

In a game where the monthly achievements are done in less than a day and living world are done by running around a map, I highly doubt the wvw “living story” will require much effort, esp with the shift towards allowing casual players the same ability to have shinies as the hard-core ones.

Calisto – NSP BPTCBP
Dictator for Life
Shiverpeaks Search and Rescue [Lost]

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: bubumochi.8512

bubumochi.8512

Ok that doesn’t really make sense and seem extremely unfair.

1- What is a “staked world”? According to the the game at the log in, half of the US world population is currently “very High”, and none is full…is there a secret WvW population number?

2-IF this number exist, you should be able to have server ready for an higher affluence of player, or lower..or at lest make the player cap available to users.
It sound absolutely unfair if Someone cannot play and enjoy a game they bought, only because you guys aren’t able to manage your choice and have a system that works.

It sound like you booked a flight ticket to go in vacation, you reach the airport and you cannot leave because the Air company sold the same ticket to 10 different people….IT is called “overbooking” and it is an experience I do not wish to anyone on the planet….

and sorry for my bad English =D

Nutellha

The Original Hazelnut Spread, from 1964

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: nielscase.6258

nielscase.6258

I have one question. You do not want to put stats on outmanned so that it does not encourage griefing. How does it make sense then to use achievements to encourage PvE players to join WvW. Won’t serious players that can not get teammates in possibly grief these noob PvE players that just want achievements?

Well played Anet

in WvW

Kimhyuna.1035

Other than on reset night, its like a maximum of 1hr on que at anytime on sor. So with onpy one major guild transfer I laugh at this immensely. If its any indication, lower tiers will give up like they did this week or get smashed to a point where they cant ddo the metas.

Stop overblowing population out of proportion, just like in pve I bet the meta will be easy to get.

Minion

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Bluff charge. We all know the meta achievement will be dead simple to get. You made the game for people’s pets, why would it suddenly be hard now?

~ AoN ~

Well played Anet

in WvW

Kimhyuna.1035

Bluff charge. We all know the meta achievement will be dead simple to get. You made the game for people’s pets, why would it suddenly be hard now?

Yep common sense pertains to the idea that it it is too hard to get the pve crowd will just not do it. Since they think wvw is for ‘casuals’ it will be built around ‘casual’ gameplay.

Minion