What happened to SoR

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

The one thing I’ve always found cute about T1 is how when a SoR player boasts about their bag farming of BG and JQ, BG and JQ players then say the exact same thing back at them. Obviously 2 of the 3 servers are lying or are boasting about their killing of pug pve casuals (which means nothing), or are blobbing around.

As a player who has been forced to verse all 3 of those servers on more occasions than I’d have liked to…… BG/JQ, you’re not fooling anyone when you pretend to bag farm any SoR guilds, sure maybe you blob some pve casuals, but frankly you shouldn’t boast about that, that’s embarrassing.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: xivor.8754

xivor.8754

Funny thread. Had a blast farming EOTM with my SoR buddies all night. Was a shame when they took us back into EB to cap our undefended keep back in between EOTM matches. It wasn’t nearly as fun and rewarding as the other 5 hours of EOTM farming I did all night.

Commander Combat Medic Barbie
Guild Leader of Chariot of Fire [FIRE] – http://christianfire.enjin.com
Proud Community Member of Northern Shiverpeaks – http://northernshiverpeaks.org

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Nightingale.8364

Nightingale.8364

SOR guilds are having fun in EOTM, thats what is happening. After months of the same match-up its simply nice to have some guilds to fight. JQ/BG can still play the ppt game, if they want to run around in 80 man blobs doing pvd and killing the few hapless roamers they come across then nothing is stopping them.

I actually feel sorry for the poor scouts on those servers who must pass hours in keeps, with only the workers running around upgrading. “tagging” the 25 arrowcats, 6 trebs, 4 catas and the occasional ballista (not to mention the 4/5 omégas). Waiting for the eventual force of 15 to come along so they can call in “the blob” to dive it off….

Yeah its true SOR doesnt play the ppt game, we have a less “civil servant” attitude to how we play. I dont think anyone cares if we drop to T2 or even T3. Maybe, when the drop from T1 happens, the guilds who are currently “farming” bags in EOTM will return to wvw, or maybe not.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

The same thing is happening to SoR that has happened to every server other than BG and JQ.
The lower tiers are emptying out slowly but surely. There’s really not much left for coverage outside of tier 1, maybe tier 2.
Even tier 3 is becoming mostly empty most of the time.
WvW was great for a long time, I just don’t think there’s enough people to sustain it anymore outside of a few servers and a few timezones.
The casuals are mostly in EOTM at the moment, who knows how long that will last.
I think a real change will have to come sooner than later. It’s reset night and there’s some ridiculous scores, the worst I’ve seen. There’s clearly a major problem with WvW in its current state and something needs to change before there’s only a tier 1 remaining.

~Tarnished Coast~

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Retsuko.2035

Retsuko.2035

The same thing is happening to SoR that has happened to every server other than BG and JQ.
The lower tiers are emptying out slowly but surely. There’s really not much left for coverage outside of tier 1, maybe tier 2.
WvW was great for a long time, I just don’t think there’s enough people to sustain it anymore outside of a few servers and a few timezones.
The casuals are mostly in EOTM at the moment, who knows how long that will last.
I think a real change will have to come sooner than later. It’s reset night and there’s some ridiculous scores, the worst I’ve seen. There’s clearly a major problem with WvW in its current state and something needs to change before there’s only a tier 1 remaining.

Might be right. WvW is too flawed in it’s current match up system.

I could see Anet change WvW into a system like they are using in EotM. Stacking up servers together for a weekly match up and fight it out in different overflows, while taking the average score of all overflows together every couple hours. That way there’s not really an advantage of having an overstacked server, and overflow system makes sure there’s always fights going on.

EotM looks really pretty, wish they redesign the bl maps and made them just as pretty!

Retsu ~ Inner Monkey [IM] ~ Piken Square

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

SOR imploded. Has been a long time coming. Having played there for a while I’m not surprised they imploded, but I am surprised it took so long. The community never had a common goal or voice. There was never unity so to speak. If you go to JQ or BG things are very different. There is always a common attitude. EoTM came at a good time for them. Its given them an escape from WvW where they can play a similar PvE/PvP hybrid format. And the players in EoTM are pretty terrible so its nice farming and for the SOR players who must be low on it, a good morale booster.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Might be right. WvW is too flawed in it’s current match up system.

I could see Anet change WvW into a system like they are using in EotM. Stacking up servers together for a weekly match up and fight it out in different overflows, while taking the average score of all overflows together every couple hours. That way there’s not really an advantage of having an overstacked server, and overflow system makes sure there’s always fights going on.

EotM looks really pretty, wish they redesign the bl maps and made them just as pretty!

The problem with this though, is that Anet would be taking a huge blow to their income. I don’t know if they’re willing to sacrifice the money for the health of the game.

Another one could be that people don’t want to share their community and make it public.

… I still want tengu.

(edited by Hammerguard.9834)

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

choo spent the whole morning farming uplevel zerkers in eotm. Want to play for fights? come to eb.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

> “We play for fights”
> Guild groups go to pugland to fight pugs

Top tier logick

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

choo spent the whole morning farming uplevel zerkers in eotm. Want to play for fights? come to eb.

The question is: why would we want to play you at your own terms? YOu got exactly what you wanted, overstacked servers and giant blobs. We get to play on our own terms with the added benefit that either we drop tiers OR jq and bg eventually destack (less likely).

The point being to have fun.

ADDED: the question is why do you guys care what we do? You got what you wanted and you play how you want. In a few weeks you can get another sucker to join t1.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

(edited by silvermember.8941)

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

The people in this thread that are complaining about BG buying guilds, do realize that BG has been marked as a Full Server since the start of the Leagues. And if we look at the information provided from Anet, as a Full Server BG can’t gain people nor guilds, as no one is able to transfer to BG even if they wanted to. Now if we look at SoR some of their guilds are fighting in EotM as some of the SoR server players stated above, but a high portion of SoR got absorbed by JQ e.g. SoX, LUN and a handful of Oceanic Guilds.

No it wasn’t a high portion, it was 2 mid range ocx guilds only, SoX and XPK. Lun is still on SOR AFAIK. They have some members on JQ but the guild isn’t moving AFAIK.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

What happened to SoR

in WvW

morrolan.9608

The question is: why would we want to play you at your own terms? YOu got exactly what you wanted, overstacked servers and giant blobs. We get to play on our own terms

Playing on your own terms means farming pugs? Thats not the SOR I was on.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

(edited by morrolan.9608)

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: D best.3547

D best.3547

They’d rather fight pugs in EoTM instead of fighting the actual JQ/BG guilds. But hey being farmed 24/7 by BG/JQ for months on end got demoralizing to SoR. So I can’t really blame all the guilds who have left or died on SoR.

Anything is possible with 50 arrowcarts……

www.zombo.com

Sea of Sorrows
Champion Paragon

What happened to SoR

in WvW

silvermember.8941

And you are not on it anymore. So your comment means very little, I would say infinitesimal.

Also shouldn’t you be pooling together your money and buying more guilds?

ADDED: Also I find it ironic you seem to be angry about SoR going to EotM for “easy” fights when you are doing the exact same thing but far worst. Anyways, just for the record I don’t speak for SoR, I am simply an individual sick of the current system.

(edited by silvermember.8941)

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Arkard.3970

Arkard.3970

How did FA get weaker after the addition of SoR guilds? It makes no sense. They must have lost guilds at the same time.

They didn’t. They also got guilds from other servers. They did put up a pretty decent fight a few weeks back, but IMO that was their new transfers working hard to establish themselves.

Miyako [Kupo] – 80 Thief
Tarnished Coast Server

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: dwahvel.7356

dwahvel.7356

Kinda hard to fight guilds when they hide behind t3 structures and countless acs. I’m sure you must of noticed that when u were on SoR.
Enjoying the karma trains, blobing, pvd, and scouting. Must be exciting! I would prolly quit the game a week after playing on JQ.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Mishka.9623

Mishka.9623

Kinda hard to fight guilds when they hide behind t3 structures and countless acs. I’m sure you must of noticed that when u were on SoR.
Enjoying the karma trains, blobing, pvd, and scouting. Must be exciting! I would prolly quit the game a week after playing on JQ.

Played on SoR since release, transfered some weeks ago to JQ, having a blast here, some guilds look for fights, others play for ppt, i like roaming and i find plenty of 1vs1s and so on, it’s not that different really (just more coverage), that’s just a bunch of lies SoR made up to support their “MUH FIGHTS” philosophy, which is, in the end, an excuse, hope you guys have fun in EOTM.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Pixelninja.6971

Pixelninja.6971

Some people from BG and JQ remind me of some insidious neighbours, who hate to see that other people are happy and enjoying their lives.

How about instead of burning yourself out PvDooring each other week after week for the foreseeable future, you auction camps, towers and keeps at the beginning of the week and take the rest of the week off (farming pve). The Server who pays the most wins.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

How did FA get weaker after the addition of SoR guilds? It makes no sense. They must have lost guilds at the same time.

They didn’t. They also got guilds from other servers. They did put up a pretty decent fight a few weeks back, but IMO that was their new transfers working hard to establish themselves.

I don’t think it was the new guilds. If you look at FA, they came out of the leagues really strong. They quickly established themselves as #5 and beat TC (#4) one week. Since that time, they’ve gotten much weaker.

Probably the best fight right now would be SoR, TC, and SoS. Unfortunately that will never happen and whoever gets stuck as #3 each will just get wrecked by JQ and BG.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

silvermember.8941

I will say it is funny seeing some of the people that ditch SoR to easierland start to care how SoR is doing. If you did care you wouldn’t have left or at least move to another server within the same tier.

In any case, you guys made your beds, you might as well sleep in it. The people on SoR are going to do whatever they want, I suggest you outsiders do the same.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

Just from the outside looking in, I find it great that 90% of the server can all agree to do something together, be it dump WvW for EotM or PvE or just stop playing WvW/EotM all together in order to get new matchups.

never seen that type of cooperation ever in GW2.

Sincerly, Me.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

I really don’t understand why are people on BG/JQ worried about SoR. We really don’t mind at all falling tiers, if we can still get fights and bags.
We are having fun. We got our fights. And you guys got your PPT. If you guys really miss us THIS much (that’s kinda cute, actually), join EoTM and we gonna welcome you guys with open arms (and swords, bows, hammers etc).

Pumpkin – Mag

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

BG logic at its finest.

Bashes SoR for fighting pugs in EotM.
Sits in SoRBL fighting doors and the warg.

Great logic there.....

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

BG logic at its finest.

Great logic there…..

Have you checked the score JQ is the one pvdooring. SoR and BG are both ticking in the 100 to 170 range….

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Mr Ko Killer.7206

Mr Ko Killer.7206

BG logic at its finest.

Great logic there…..

Have you checked the score JQ is the one pvdooring. SoR and BG are both ticking in the 100 to 170 range….

Man you’re such a try hard.

Jade Quarry’s TrollMaster General| Generation Of Legends [EviL] Leader

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

There being noone to fight is the logical conclusion of stacking.
But fights aren’t important are they? Winning is

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Seigfried.5938

BG logic at its finest.

Great logic there…..

we have to pvdoor because sor wont show up

New bunker meta sux

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Seigfried.5938

BG logic at its finest.

Great logic there…..

such a deep and profound rebuttal!

New bunker meta sux

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Shunt.6254

Shunt.6254

Wow so sorry for you #tier1problems. Should transfer down. esp ocx/sea should come to Maguuma. js

Maguuma
– Arc [VR]
– GvG us!

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Mr Ko Killer.7206

BG logic at its finest.

Great logic there…..

I don’t really need one, this was just last Wednesday. I’ll also note that this came from OCX timezone.

But keep trolling yourselves….

Attachments:

(edited by Mr Ko Killer.7206)

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Sure it was. We’ve farmed BG and JQ forever now.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

DivineBeing.2086

BG logic at its finest.

Great logic there…..

I don’t really need one, this was just last Wednesday. I’ll also note that this came from OCX timezone.

But keep trolling yourselves….

Oh, last wednesday? You mean the first day for our oceanic/sea guilds to check out EoTM? Literally the day after EoTM was released?

Hmmmm, I wonder if that had something to do with it? Nah, purely coincidental. BG always ticks at 600+. I mean just check the current match up, BG is ticking for 400+ oceanic, sea, and early EU….oh wait….green is JQ….not BG…..

That can’t be right? I mean we ticked 600 during that timezone, even though consistently since JQ got SoRs guilds has been ticking 400ish.

Weird.

Blackgate

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Mr Ko Killer.7206

Oh, last wednesday? You mean the first day for our oceanic/sea guilds to check out EoTM? Literally the day after EoTM was released?

Weird.

I don’t think your OCX guilds were playing EotM while you were ticking for 600. Look at millennium, the score was within 200 when EotM came out. By the week’s end BG was winning by 15k. BG did not play EotM. I’ll also note that before Karma training started Thursday, BG was up by almost 30k. Just for reference.

Have you checked the score JQ is the one pvdooring

SoR’s still playing EotM. So naturally, all their stuff is PvD, BG holds their garri, and EB’s been back and forth since reset.

I don’t think you have noticed, but people are still playing EotM. But please, tell me more on how JQ’s overstacked and ticking unbelievable numbers but lost 14 of the last 15 weeks. It’s a timezone, our EU sucks and has since forever, can I now proceed to QQ all over forums about it like you?

(edited by Mr Ko Killer.7206)

What happened to SoR

in WvW

DivineBeing.2086

Weird.

I don’t think your OCX guilds were playing EotM while you were ticking for 600. Look at millennium, the score was within 200 when EotM came out. By the week’s end BG was winning by 15k. BG did not play EotM.

Have you checked the score JQ is the one pvdooring

SoR’s still playing EotM. So naturally, all their stuff is PvD, BG holds their garri, and EB’s been back and forth since reset.

I don’t think you have noticed, but people are still playing EotM. But please, tell me more on how JQ’s overstacked and ticking unbelievable numbers but lost 14 of the last 15 weeks. It’s a timezone, our EU sucks and has since forever, can I now proceed to QQ all over forums about it like you?

Wow, you completely fail to pick up on sarcasm huh? That was my point. Your point was we were ticking at 600 during oceanic a day after EoTM was released. Do you see the connection yet? JQ obviously was not WvWing that day.

EU timezone? Oh nooo, BG is ticking 5 ppt higher than you during EU prime (as of the tkme of this post) that totally compares to us ticking 150 while JQ ticks 400+ during oceanic and sea.

Blackgate

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

Irrespective of the e-kitten-waving contest between BG and JQ, as of this writing SoR is ticking +20 in the middle of a weekend, and that’s not good for anyone.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Well, I didn’t start this thread because of all the freaks having a blast in EoTM. It’s for the 10-20 people trying to carry the whole server and all the people sitting in LA who already rage quit.

… I still want tengu.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

Irrespective of the e-kitten-waving contest between BG and JQ, as of this writing SoR is ticking +20 in the middle of a weekend, and that’s not good for anyone.

Its good for SOR…. better to just tank and get it over with then bleed to death slowly. The good thing is our community is having a great time in EOTM and everyone is having fun. Once we get to tier 2, we will most likely be back out in regular wvw.

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

What happened to SoR

in WvW

silvermember.8941

BG logic at its finest.

Great logic there…..

we have to pvdoor because sor wont show up

It’s funny, your post sound like a person trying to convince the world the earth is flat, while everyone knows otherwise.

We all know what is going on, you know what is going on just because you don’t want to admit the truth doesn’t makes it less of the truth.

It doesn’t affect us in any way since we are all having a blast in EotM. Besides the faster we leave JQ/BG land the better it is for us. Admittedly, I will feel bad for the next team stupid enough to be in T1 with those 2 lame servers.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Peetee.9406

Speak for yourself. I want to fall out of tier 1.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

What happened to SoR

in WvW

silvermember.8941

Well, I didn’t start this thread because of all the freaks having a blast in EoTM. It’s for the 10-20 people trying to carry the whole server and all the people sitting in LA who already rage quit.

I don’t blame them for rage quiting. They are in a bad situation, being in EotM is making the best of a bad situation.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

If SoR is just doing this to get out of T1 faster, all power to you since the low morale caused by staying in T1 is really not healthy for your server anymore. However I would suggest you guys shed a bit more guilds (especially your OCX/SEA guilds), otherwise you would be back in T1 in no time….

Blackgate Engineer

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

for those of us on sor whose sole aim is to deny servers who buy guilds any rewards for their misspent gold, this is GREAT for us. Mission accomplished.

Why should we leave T1? we are enjoying eotm and the rage directed at us. I think we shall do just enough to stay in t1, thank you!

OP’d thief, lol

(edited by Sanduskel.1850)

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: dwahvel.7356

dwahvel.7356

If SoR is just doing this to get out of T1 faster, all power to you since the low morale caused by staying in T1 is really not healthy for your server anymore. However I would suggest you guys shed a bit more guilds (especially your OCX/SEA guilds), otherwise you would be back in T1 in no time….

SoR still has ocx guilds? Oh wait thats right we don’t have any left.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Reslinal.2359

Is HIRE still on SoR, is it still an OCX guild? Just curious. What SEA guilds does SoR still have?

Blackgate Engineer

What happened to SoR

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Hire, GC

Jade Quarry [SoX]

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

I really dislike this DivineBeing person lol, he makes BG seems like the underdog when they win most their matches.

Also it sickened me what he posted on the three likes and hates thread. Basically saying how the ppt system is wonderful, how he loves to play the score and hates anything fight related, includingbthe attitude of “for fights” and GvGs

Commander Nachonix

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Hobbitz.5831

Hobbitz.5831

Hire, GC

Most of HIRE has merged into GC and most of GC is leaving for ESO.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Reslinal.2359

Hire, GC

Ah, so they will be back in GW2 in no time then, given horrible ESO seems to be:)

Blackgate Engineer

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Peetee.9406

Hire, GC

Ah, so they will be back in GW2 in no time then, given horrible ESO seems to be:)

Shrug.

It’s better than this.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: SkeletalLlama.5381

SkeletalLlama.5381

Everyone I saw who planned on leaving for ESO returned within hours and uninstalled the beta. Doesn’t sound promising.