What happened to SoR

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

Yeah fighting for your server is pretty much out now. EoTM marked the death of competitive WvW as we know it. Now it is about hopping from one map or to one instance/overflow and farming. Can’t get enough farming on the map or you actually have opposition? Time to jump maps or instances/overflow again to rub some more doors.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Kiijj.3594

Kiijj.3594

Most of HIRE has merged into GC and most of GC is leaving for ESO.

Wait, why wasn’t I informed?

Nirmu 80 Guardian [GC]
Nirmuu 80 Warrior [GC]

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Sabastian.7126

Sabastian.7126

I think SoR needs to start walking yaks

Sanctum of Rall
born Sept 20 – died Nov 11. reborn August 10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEfbwJLw04I

(edited by Sabastian.7126)

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Imalight.6124

Imalight.6124

if sor people only cared about fights and farming tons of bags why did they leave the server and make big drama about it? your like random guy in party that says good bye 1000 times, just go

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: dwahvel.7356

dwahvel.7356

I have (had) been on SoR since the BWEs, I left SoR Wednesday and all I can say is all of the SoR in this thread are just in denial. SoR is dead, moving down tiers and getting destroyed there will put the final nails in it’s coffin.

NA was always SoR’s strength and pride and now it can’t even field 2 guilds. What is left now? TW? Choo? Who is leading? Indo? Green Arrow? Elds?

The leadership led the server astray and then when kitten got tough the leadership quit. You can see what happens when a server truly just plays “for the fights”, if kittening dies.

Fighting unorganized casuals from low tiers with your organized zergs is hardly a victory for SoR. I see the remnants of TW and Choo together pretty much every night in EotM. Do you think you are getting better? Fighting people that are not using TS and commanding pugs from different low level servers by chat?

You are all delusional and the party is over.

So every server not in t1 are pugs? lol
I can’t wait to fight t2/t3 guilds. Most of them don’t run with 20-40 pugs on them and they are willing to gvg/fight outside keeps/towers. Like a breath of fresh air. Couldn’t be any more healthy for us.

Enjoy the 2 server matchup for the rest of gw2’s life. Because there isn’t a third server that wants to be in t1. It’s gonna turn into a massive blob karma farm for months.
If I wanted to play a pve game I would prolly go back to WoW.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

EOTM is the future. Get use to it BG and JQ. Coverage Wars II has died.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

EOTM is the future. Get use to it BG and JQ. Coverage Wars II has died.

Looks at score. You mean get use to it JQ?

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

SOR’s offense is a force to be reckoned with. I wouldn’t find it hard to believe that they fight more for bags than for PPT considering that when they zerg, they map zerg. If their group is in one place you can just about guarantee that they’re not another place. I don’t consider their “for fights” mentality “unhealthy” as some have said. Playing for PPT is just as bad. It’s a game, have fun with it and play it how you want. I transferred from a lower tier server (Dragonbrand) because I wanted a server that wouldn’t shrug it off every time their territory was under attack. And I’m not disappointed with my decision.
So I don’t pity SoR, and I don’t find their mentality unhealthy. I enjoyed the fights and I hope they roll some T2 servers if they happen to move down because they’re a powerful server and if they can roll T1 they can do it to T2.

Thanks for the bags SoR, and hope you enjoyed mine too ( ;

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

I love your awesome back-handed insult that people who play EOTM are bads. I’m sure several T2 guilds who also enjoy EOTM would fully support that stance, right guys?

EOTM is also full of pve’ers, if that’s a challenge for you to play in there than against hardcore wvw players, heh do whatever to get your morale back up I guess. But it’s plain as sight, SOR wvw guilds are quitting on their server and going for the easy kills. SOR isn’t the only server that has faced greater odds, you’re not special in that regard.

And if a T2 server gets moved up due to our PPT decline, that’s not really our problem either. Should we be forced to play against BG and JQ repeatedly just because you don’t want to?

Awesome backhand there too. It’s not a T2 problem if you stay up in T1 either, so please stay and continue to get pummeled by BG and JQ repeatedly, because SOR stacked itself on the way to T1 too(even plucked guilds from SOS). Even with your population losses I don’t think any of the T2 can match Rall on population as yet, so why should any T2 server be moved up to take your place?

You guys have quit on your server, and have been trying to tank the entire server so that it loses the people you don’t need, and it drops from T1 just so you get the server in the image you want. Which is to be the for the fights server that will have at least T1.5 population coverage and maybe enough ppt guilds left to keep you on top of T2.

I feel sorry for the SOR server because a few wvw guilds have now destroyed the reputation of Rall, as being the underdog that didn’t give up and wouldn’t quit right down to the end. You could have just as easily transferred to FA or MAGs to fit your own playstyle, instead you want to plaster that mantra up and take the entire server down with you.

I feel for the Rallians who still want to win the PPT game. I’m sorry our guilds aren’t doing what you would like. But based on that same logic, you cannot fault us pursuing the gameplay experience we seek. The best I can do is recommend you start your own organized PPT guild, and/or take it up with key SoR WvW commanders.

You apologize, so that means there are players/guilds on Rall that don’t support what you are doing to the server, or the sales pitch you’ve been trying to sell since the season then? Why are you guys still on Rall? when you clearly don’t care about Rall. You have no server pride, in other areas such as sports they call that having no heart. I don’t know why any sane player would want to try and help Rall ppt after this, they’re not appreciated on there, they will only be there to help keep the server high enough so you guys continue to get your fights.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

(edited by Xenesis.6389)

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Mishka.9623

Mishka.9623

I have (had) been on SoR since the BWEs, I left SoR Wednesday and all I can say is all of the SoR in this thread are just in denial. SoR is dead, moving down tiers and getting destroyed there will put the final nails in it’s coffin.

NA was always SoR’s strength and pride and now it can’t even field 2 guilds. What is left now? TW? Choo? Who is leading? Indo? Green Arrow? Elds?

The leadership led the server astray and then when kitten got tough the leadership quit. You can see what happens when a server truly just plays “for the fights”, if kittening dies.

Fighting unorganized casuals from low tiers with your organized zergs is hardly a victory for SoR. I see the remnants of TW and Choo together pretty much every night in EotM. Do you think you are getting better? Fighting people that are not using TS and commanding pugs from different low level servers by chat?

you couldn’t be more right.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

I don’t have a problem with SoR (well, other than natural rivalry).

I just wish you guys would keep fighting rather than giving up and then pretending that you didn’t care about winning in the first place. shrug

Server pride and camraderie is what makes WvW work. Not just killing random people for bags.. I can get better rewards in PvE. At least IMO.

Again, I know it can be disheartening to lose every week and I wish they’d mix the matches up a bit more and do something about all the stacking. But even so, come on guys, at least make a game of it!

we care about winning. we don’t care about taking objectives. we like killing the enemy. in our case, the enemy holes up inside their precious towers and keeps. not fun. why do you all care what we choose to do? Lol

taking and holding towers and keeps gets boring fast. we play the game the way we want. sorry it doesn’t fit your “rules.”

OP’d thief, lol

(edited by Sanduskel.1850)

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Whole lotta telling people they are quitters because they don’t play they way you want them to play going on in this thread.

if anyone bothered you could see that the scoring system in wvw has been one of the largest complaints on the forums, if you can’t field 24/7 coverage the game encourages you to move to somewhere that can OR to stop caring about PPT.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Aaron.4807

Aaron.4807

I can’t wait to fight t2/t3 guilds. Most of them don’t run with 20-40 pugs on them and they are willing to gvg/fight outside keeps/towers. Like a breath of fresh air. Couldn’t be any more healthy for us.

Do you really think EotM is filled with organized people. Do you seriously think that the lower tiers have anything CLOSE to the coordination that SoR has?

We have all been in EotM by now, we ALL know what it is. And to SoR it is just as much pveing as what you described, might as well go back to WoW.

Wrekks/Wrekts

(edited by Aaron.4807)

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

SoR is the new SBI Just having fun in a videogame, while the other Servers work to win

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Ljiona.9142

What is the problem really? You are winning like you wanted and SoR is having fun where less populated servers can.

It is a win win.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: zoombi.1498

zoombi.1498

Do you really think EotM is filled with organized people. Do you seriously think that the lower tiers have anything CLOSE to the coordination that SoR has?

We have all been in EotM by now, we ALL know what it is. And to SoR it is just as much pveing as what you described, might as well go back to WoW.

more cry please. kthx

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

we care about winning. we don’t care about taking objectives.

The cognitive dissonance is strong in this one. LOL.

Whole lotta telling people they are quitters because they don’t play they way you want them to play going on in this thread.

They’re being called quitters because they are quitters. It’s not about them playing the way someone else wants. It’s about them suddenly deciding they don’t want to play the way they played when they had matchups more favorable to them, and the way they will play again when they have more favorable matchups.

You don’t really think this “we prefer EotM playstyle” bullsquat will last more than 10 seconds after they get paired with weaker servers, do you?

(edited by Qaelyn.7612)

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: bestplayerEva.9301

bestplayerEva.9301

Maybe this breaking of SoR will make them better people. Who knows maybe they will some day become 1/10th of who I am. Then maybe after decades 2/10th. Or they can remains zeros, or if prefer zeroes.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Balefire.7592

Balefire.7592

They’re being called quitters because they are quitters. It’s not about them playing the way someone else wants. It’s about them suddenly deciding they don’t want to play the way they played when they had matchups more favorable to them, and the way they will play again when they have more favorable matchups.

You don’t really think this “we prefer EotM playstyle” bullsquat will last more than 10 seconds after they get paired with weaker servers, do you?

Even that ends up being true, what does it matter? SoR currently cannot challenge BG or JQ in terms of PPT, so the T1-rotations of T2 servers are bound to happen. The only question is whether we at SoR cares enough to delay them, or whether we periodically interfere with them by winning T2 matches by too large a margin. Do you think calling us quitters will magically solve the T2 predicament of rising by bolstering SoR’s morale? Or that posting a new thread about this every day will coincidentally cause BG and JQ to de-stack so we remain competitive?
SoR could easily fully quit if we wanted to. Instead of continuously pushing a Sisyphean rock up a hill, we’ve moved our game play elsewhere. To me, EotM is the pinnacle of what I was looking for in WvW: a large scale PvP experience. There are no coverage gaps. There are fewer map population imbalances. Hiding in your structures achieves very little. And there are multiple other benefits. If that doesn’t match your or ANET’s expectations of WvW, then you can petition for/ANET can edit the T&C or the EULA to reflect as much.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

(edited by Balefire.7592)

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Pixelninja.6971

Pixelninja.6971

That’s how BG rolls. They caught with their pants down talking about spying on JQ. They deliberately take this week off, so that JQ gets bored capping nothing.

Attachments:

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

so if SoR decides not to fight a losing battle (honestly look at the history of tier 1 SoR is not a real contender). Again it is about playing the way others want, you may not like it but if people choose to go to EoTM when they have no way of winning a match up (or even place 2nd) and come back when the odds are more even or slightly on there favor what is it to you? They are playing the game the way they want to with in the rules established by Anet.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Qaelyn.7612

SoR could easily fully quit if we wanted to. Instead of continuously pushing a Sisyphean rock up a hill, we’ve moved our game play elsewhere. To me, EotM is the pinnacle of what I was looking for in WvW: a large scale PvP experience. There are no coverage gaps. There are fewer map population imbalances. Hiding in your structures achieves very little. And there are multiple other benefits. If that doesn’t match your or ANET’s expectations of WvW, then you can petition for/ANET can edit the T&C or the EULA to reflect as much.

Don’t get me wrong — I fully understand your frustration. And I think most of the blame for this situation rests on Arenanet’s shoulders for not properly addressing the underlying problems. Instead, they’ve put in a new map that makes things dramatically worse.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Sanduskel.1850

yep. We are quitters. does that make you feel better about yourself. it’s funny because one goal was to deny you the pleasure of the one sided fights you so yearned for. I guess we succeeded. It is ironic that the “quitters” are the ones enjoying Eotm and happy, yet the “winners” are so angry! Some victory.

OP’d thief, lol

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: AnTxJeTs.5186

AnTxJeTs.5186

Meanwhile in jq/bg/sor matchup…

I lol’ed. After Season 1. I thought EotM was going to bring more fights and less seige wars. But I’d be kitten ed. The Jq vs Bg fight is getting so boring. Jq hardly fights open field. Only time I get a decent fight is when capturing bloodlust.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Qaelyn.7612

yep. We are quitters. does that make you feel better about yourself. it’s funny because one goal was to deny you the pleasure of the one sided fights you so yearned for. I guess we succeeded. It is ironic that the “quitters” are the ones enjoying Eotm and happy, yet the “winners” are so angry! Some victory.

I’m not on BG or JQ. And your post is incredibly childish.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: geist.3980

geist.3980

SoR is fine, no worries, we are all here working as hard as ever. heres a pic of our outstanding EB zerg capping overlook this morning

Attachments:

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Sanduskel.1850

I’m not on BG or JQ. And your post is incredibly childish.

lol. I suppose telling others how they should play is adult. If you aren’t on those servers, then why do you care how we play?

OP’d thief, lol

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

SoR is fine, no worries, we are all here working as hard as ever. heres a pic of our outstanding EB zerg capping overlook this morning

That picture brings a tear to my eye :’(. I was on SoS when it spiraled through the ranks. it is the last thing I would want to happen to any server.

A select few guilds decided it was better for SoR to drop a tier or two, but did you think every one on SoR agreed with you? From what I have read it seems the intention was to drop to tier 2, but this is a snowball effect. SoR might drop all the way down to tier 4.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Qaelyn.7612

I suppose telling others how they should play is adult.

I’ll keep that in mind should I ever have the impulse to tell anyone any such thing, which of course I never did in this thread. I even specifically said I understand the frustration many on SoR must feel.

This forum desperately needs an ignore feature.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I really have to commend SoR for it’s show of solidarity. It’s amazing to be part of this <3

One more week in T1 and honestly I’m hoping we go all the way to T3 so we don’t have to deal with any T1 nonsense during the next Seasons. In the meantime EotM is the most amazing map ANet has added yet. Looking forward to the changes this will bring to WvW proper

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

I really have to commend SoR for it’s show of solidarity. It’s amazing to be part of this <3

One more week in T1 and honestly I’m hoping we go all the way to T3 so we don’t have to deal with any T1 nonsense during the next Seasons. In the meantime EotM is the most amazing map ANet has added yet. Looking forward to the changes this will bring to WvW proper

Not showing up for a week or two alone won’t bring you down to T2 or T3 (in long term sense). You need to also shed some of your Oceanic/SEA guilds.

Blackgate Engineer

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Medeyn.8562

Medeyn.8562

If SoR is just doing this to get out of T1 faster, all power to you since the low morale caused by staying in T1 is really not healthy for your server anymore. However I would suggest you guys shed a bit more guilds (especially your OCX/SEA guilds), otherwise you would be back in T1 in no time….

SoR still has ocx guilds? Oh wait thats right we don’t have any left.

Hire, GC

Most of HIRE has merged into GC and most of GC is leaving for ESO.

I was completely unaware that we merged into GC, you should’ve told us first that way all of us could merge properly… don’t leave us in the dark for these kind of things!!! I mean, If i’m still HIRE, why do I get asked to lead when Rai logs? GC should have most of the people right?

Scyprotek | Retired SEA/OC Commander
Tarnished Coast

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Karizee.8076

Not showing up for a week or two alone won’t bring you down to T2 or T3 (in long term sense). You need to also shed some of your Oceanic/SEA guilds.

SoR do what SoR want. We have that history.

I remember last year when the shoe was on the other foot. We had a bit of a winning streak, fights were getting boring for us and demoralizing for our opponents. What did SoR do? We sent one of our biggest commanders over to the opposing server for a week, just so we could have some good fights.

Because face it, this is dull.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZKkK9S-IKQ

And EotM is an amazeballs breath of fresh air!!
https://vidd.me/I5a

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

I remember last year when the shoe was on the other foot. We had a bit of a winning streak, fights were getting boring for us and demoralizing for our opponents. What did SoR do? We sent one of our biggest commanders over to the opposing server for a week, just so we could have some good fights.

Actually Indo and part of TW went to JQ that week because SoR was fighting two T2 servers. JQ was only fighting BG plus a T2 that week. So no you did not send your guild to the opposing server of the week:)

All I am saying is if your server detest staying in T1 so much and want to stay in lower tiers, shed some of your off-hour guilds, otherwise you will just dominate T2 and back to T1 in no time.

Blackgate Engineer

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Karizee.8076

Shush my darling, it will soon be over. This mix-up match-up shake-up of WvW was long overdue. Great things will come of this, just you watch.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: viewbens.3105

viewbens.3105

tons of troll guilds transferred to SOR recently stayed like 2 weeks only,
so shame they manage to drag some of our hardcore wvw players.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I love your awesome back-handed insult that people who play EOTM are bads. I’m sure several T2 guilds who also enjoy EOTM would fully support that stance, right guys?

EOTM is also full of pve’ers, if that’s a challenge for you to play in there than against hardcore wvw players, heh do whatever to get your morale back up I guess. But it’s plain as sight, SOR wvw guilds are quitting on their server and going for the easy kills. SOR isn’t the only server that has faced greater odds, you’re not special in that regard.

And if a T2 server gets moved up due to our PPT decline, that’s not really our problem either. Should we be forced to play against BG and JQ repeatedly just because you don’t want to?

Awesome backhand there too. It’s not a T2 problem if you stay up in T1 either, so please stay and continue to get pummeled by BG and JQ repeatedly, because SOR stacked itself on the way to T1 too(even plucked guilds from SOS). Even with your population losses I don’t think any of the T2 can match Rall on population as yet, so why should any T2 server be moved up to take your place?

You guys have quit on your server, and have been trying to tank the entire server so that it loses the people you don’t need, and it drops from T1 just so you get the server in the image you want. Which is to be the for the fights server that will have at least T1.5 population coverage and maybe enough ppt guilds left to keep you on top of T2.

I feel sorry for the SOR server because a few wvw guilds have now destroyed the reputation of Rall, as being the underdog that didn’t give up and wouldn’t quit right down to the end. You could have just as easily transferred to FA or MAGs to fit your own playstyle, instead you want to plaster that mantra up and take the entire server down with you.

I feel for the Rallians who still want to win the PPT game. I’m sorry our guilds aren’t doing what you would like. But based on that same logic, you cannot fault us pursuing the gameplay experience we seek. The best I can do is recommend you start your own organized PPT guild, and/or take it up with key SoR WvW commanders.

You apologize, so that means there are players/guilds on Rall that don’t support what you are doing to the server, or the sales pitch you’ve been trying to sell since the season then? Why are you guys still on Rall? when you clearly don’t care about Rall. You have no server pride, in other areas such as sports they call that having no heart. I don’t know why any sane player would want to try and help Rall ppt after this, they’re not appreciated on there, they will only be there to help keep the server high enough so you guys continue to get your fights.

I think your problem is that you’re delusional with no idea about other people or the reality they live in, let alone the Rallian population (either those who left, or remain).

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Ross Biddle.2367

you couldn’t be more right.

I’m a day one Rallian, WvW every day, and he couldnt be more wrong. I have to assume he’s talking about himself though, so there must be something in there for him.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Ross Biddle.2367

I remember when GW2 was released and all WvW servers only contained pugs. Those pugs became militia server forces, and of course the guilds were created, fleshed out, and grew. We were all scrubs at one point, just like many in the EOTM are right now. But the pressure and competitive forces that oppose us force us to become masters of our game.

EOTM has competitive PvP taking place in it right now. Some are superior at it than others. Over time all will increase in skill and organization. Dedicated WvW guilds, and higher tier servers like SoR are having a positive impact on the PvP for all aspects.

SoR has long since mastered the WvW: PvP game, that’s why BG and JQ forces are cronic at falling back to towers outside of a full map blob when facing them. BG and JQ have long since mastered the WvW: PvDoor game, and good for them. It just means nothing to anyone interested in engaging other players, which EOTM more than caters for.

Facts are facts.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Ross Biddle.2367

The only question is: do those “weaker servers” engage SoR in the open field? If yes then SoR will be there. If no, SoR will go find forces who will. Why do you refuse to understand this?

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Ross Biddle.2367

That picture brings a tear to my eye :’(. I was on SoS when it spiraled through the ranks. it is the last thing I would want to happen to any server.

A select few guilds decided it was better for SoR to drop a tier or two, but did you think every one on SoR agreed with you? From what I have read it seems the intention was to drop to tier 2, but this is a snowball effect. SoR might drop all the way down to tier 4.

But it won’t matter since the guilds, and general players, can play more than ever in EOTM.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Ross Biddle.2367

Actually Indo and part of TW went to JQ that week because SoR was fighting two T2 servers. JQ was only fighting BG plus a T2 that week. So no you did not send your guild to the opposing server of the week:)

All I am saying is if your server detest staying in T1 so much and want to stay in lower tiers, shed some of your off-hour guilds, otherwise you will just dominate T2 and back to T1 in no time.

More to the point though, that Blackgate Come back video is what SoR experiences every day fighting BG and JQ.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Malyck.1930

Malyck.1930

We don’t like pv door and luring bg from their keeps.

I seem to recall you guys liking “PvDoor” well enough when you were beating us.

Do whatever makes you happy, but the motivations are pretty transparent.

And regardless of the reasons, the bottom line remains that it’s healthier for the game as a whole to have three tier 1 servers that are at least somewhat reasonably matched, rather than two that are close and one that’s thrown in the towel. I’m confident that TC will at least put forth the good fight, even if we don’t have a shot of beating the big two. But Arenanet really needs to take a broad look at this whole issue of server balance and guilds being paid to transfer around and so forth. In the long run, it’s simply not good for anyone.

Oh, and I have a funny feeling you guys will magically regain your affection for “PvDoor” as soon as you are facing opponents you think you can beat.

Qaelyn I think you are correct about many points. SoR did beat TC many times due to PvD or better coverage. Now think about that as our servers are changing places, as BG/JQ are unrivaled in coverage, and continue to get transfers weekly. Your community will have the opportunity to “walk in our shoes” for a while. It will start off fresh and hopeful, TC finally arriving in T1, but you will soon see what SoR has faced for many months on end. Sure we won a few matches, but in the end trying to overcome our coverage gaps by any means possible only burns you out on the game. In time BG/JQ will find your weakest coverage gap and exploit it against you. Even if they have to recruit guilds to do it, it will happen. Then when you are logging into paper towers with BG/JQ hitting you from both sides from their T3 towers for months on end you’ll understand “what is healthier”.

In all honesty, EoTM could not have come at a better time for me. No more having to split up our players scouting towers, no more worrying about having to watch yaks, or supply in towers for upgrades, our guild can just go out together and fight. I know some players enjoy playing the game this way, but I am glad there is now an alternative to just go out and fight to have fun as well. I enjoy the short open field matches and I enjoy the new map as well.

I really wish TC luck in T1, I have always respected your server. Hopefully you guys will get some transfers when you move up to bolster your population so you can give BG/JQ a serious challenge.

Malykx – Warrior
Sanctum of Rall

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Ljiona.9142

If you want to fight SoR, you know where they are. No amount of name calling is really going to change it. WvW is baseball, the richest teams usually win. EOTM is like the football, everyone is on equal footing. That is why football is king in the US.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Linghy.2031

Linghy.2031

I transferred recently to another server after about a year on SoR and still have a lot of love for it. I had an absolute blast meeting and playing with so many awesome people and definitely wouldn’t rule out returning, but I found some issues that were better solved on my new server.

This is only my personal experience (although there may be others in my boat), and it was a month ago, so feel free to disregard or take on my suggestions as you like. These things contributed to me leaving SoR at the time:

1. Some terrible attitudes towards PvE’ers.
Too much false elitism and thinking it’s funny/clever to rag on anyone even considering anything PvE (whilst wielding multiple Legendaries, Fractals loot, etc). I know this is an issue on every server, but I genuinely expected better from SoR as I always thought of it as “the fan’s server”. Having a good guild is pretty much the biggest incentive I could have to keep playing GW2, and these negative attitudes poisoned my thriving guild, pretty much killing it. The general elitism against new players, or uplevels, is terrible too. They’re the next wave of assault in WvW, it doesn’t take much to send them back to PvE or WoW. The only advice I can give on this is don’t be a kitten.

2. Very little focus on havoc/small team tactic.
Like so many other people, I much prefer to play this way. I literally couldn’t find a guild that suited me (I had some other preferences as well – active Oceanic presence, and no rep requirements). When I finally found one, we almost immediately moved to this new server. On the plus side, I barely saw anything other than blobs from JQ or BG either, which brings me to:

3. Massive focus on blobbing.
It seemed to me that you either had to blob, or get rolled by a BG/JQ blob. Many people like this playstyle, but I get sick of it. I see a lot of chest-thumping and defensiveness on the forums, but in my experience each T1 map has three blobs, all with the current meta’s builds, and whoever has the biggest blob wins. Of course it wasn’t always the case, but it was far and away the most common situation. Commanders would outwardly get shirty because not everyone on the map was on them. There are only so many times you can hear “Fire fields, empower” before throwing your blob at another. Since moving, I’ve been pleasantly surprised to see, hear, and experience ballsy moves that sometimes pay off, and are actually fun to take part in. Many more people are comfortable in communicating on Voice comms, rather than just the Commander. I get the feeling this is getting better on SoR in the last month since I left, so my only advice would be to keep pushing it. Keep trying new strategies/builds, encourage feedback from others on TS, and offer more than a being just another number in the blob.

4. BG.
Man, so much rat-poop, I genuinely feel bad for any good players that exist on BG. So many exploiters, DDoSing, gankers, dirty deals, and blobbing. Certainly not much fun to play against. I’d rather have decent fights than just collecting bags from a favourable blob-clash. I can’t offer any advice here except don’t stoop to their tactics, and stop whinging about them on the forums, absolutely no-one cares about T1. The only way you’ll get rid of the BG mindset is when they implode or you come down to a more enjoyable tier.

5. Disjointed vision.
It’s been said elsewhere, but it seemed SoR found it hard to agree on what type of server it wanted to be.
~ Is it “a fun fan-server”, channeling the spirit of Roger “Old Roar” Rall? If so, why the tanties over people doing one night of Karma Train after a long week of work? Why make such a fuss about “PvE scrubs” or uplevels?
~ Do they truly “only play for fights”? If so, why care about being/staying T1?
~ Or are they “a T1 server”? If so, play like one and “get the tick”.
I think you’ll find that you have people of all mindsets, so embrace them all. Calm down on PvE’ers/uplevels/karma trainers. Play for fights if you want to, but don’t get annoyed if someone is pushing to “cap before the tick”.

6. “SoR will fight until the bitter end”.
This was a comment that I saw, and see similar comments fairly regularly. It was one of the big realisations that I had to move. It’s a game, why on earth would I want to play during “the bitter end” if I don’t have to? Don’t get me wrong, I admire server pride and improving/building up the community, but if you can get more out of the game elsewhere then no-one can fault you for it.

Unless you move to BG.

~ Vbac

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Michelangelo.1742

Michelangelo.1742

Well EotM is going to be the best spot for WvW eventually since the population is balanced, guilds are the main focus not servers, you can play for the entire match’s length and the best part of all: it has the chance to finally bring competitive matchups. Honestly it just needs guilds to hop in there so there are more organized groups

WvW Revenge Catch-up Mechanic & Contingent 1U1D!
Tidal Legion [TL] – Sea of Sorrows

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

Well EotM is going to be the best spot for WvW eventually since the population is balanced, guilds are the main focus not servers, you can play for the entire match’s length and the best part of all: it has the chance to finally bring competitive matchups. Honestly it just needs guilds to hop in there so there are more organized groups

From what Ive seen, Ive only raided with 5 different guilds on my server in EoTM so far. I haven’t said anything, but in each raid multiple people have started complaining that EoTM is boring PvDoor. I don’t really see it being more competitive. I see it becoming more casual.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

JQ/BG decided to open the chest and buy most of SoR because they don’t care about a spread out even fight.

Does it really matter anymore? The WvW population was halved with EoTM, and now coverage for all servers is a joke. Soon, the people who like to fight for servers are going to stack on only the servers that actually have a “Mist War” presence.

Anet really did kill WvW for the majority of their servers, and what’s even worse, is that they replaced it with a map that gives no incentive for victory.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Lorthos.4976

Lorthos.4976

^ Anet destroying WvW since day 1. WvW population will continue to diminish, but atleast the pve’rs will get their living story update every 2 weeks.

Lorthos

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

and what’s even worse, is that they replaced it with a map that gives no incentive for victory.

PPT is the false incentive