What the heck is going on with SoS?

in WvW

Posted by: Bucket Lips.5017

Bucket Lips.5017

Q:

As the title states, what the heck is going on with SoS? Did you guys double your numbers or something?

Bucket Lips

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

they got a few guilds xfering over from ehmry bay

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

ZoD and GH. Both can que a map. Plus other random pugs went to them I’m sure. SoS has more population then fa and tc it seems watching scores.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Better coverage, usually around this time in the day is the bad time for SoS to the point where we would lose the points out our OCX make overnight. Only reason SoS stay in races is if the OCX takes up a lead and the NA can hold out long enough to not lose the lead during the day. Recent transfers should make that a little easier/better to do.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

We cannot queue up a map lol. Together yeah, but not each solo. And the transfers are still only partly complete. I myself transferred over first from our guild right after it was decided to make the move and SoS was already catching up. Whatever is going on this week is because of the hard work of existing guilds and they deserve the credit.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

(edited by Faux Sheaux.6179)

in WvW

Posted by: Spellslinger Leah.8905

Spellslinger Leah.8905

We cannot queue up a map lol. Together yeah, but not each solo. And the transfers are still only partly complete. I myself transferred over first from our guild right after it was decided to make the move and SoS was already catching up. Whatever is going on this week is because of the hard work of existing guilds and they deserve the credit.

+1

Our move will be complete on Thursday along with ZoD.

Spellslinger Leah – Sea of Sorrows
Grindhouse Gaming [GH] – Guild Master

in WvW

Buffy.9246

But why SoS?

in WvW

Faux Sheaux.6179

Leah has always had a dream to erotic roleplay with invaders from TC during our raids.

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

But why SoS?

Why not?

The only other server that is hurting for NA as much as SoS is/was is Dragonbrand. T2 offers great fights without the queues and politics of Tier 1.

TC and FA have great NA guilds like AGG, FEAR, ZzZz, STUN, NAGA, APS, PINK, NOPE, and many more. If you like a good fight like ZoD and GH do; you probably want a crack at that group.

edit: Not to mention both RET’s (Reticle and Retribution)

(edited by Chris.3290)

in WvW

Buffy.9246

That sounds kinda creepy haha

in WvW

Faux Sheaux.6179

Yeah Chris hit it on the head pretty much. I’m lazy and don’t feel like listing things out so I’ll just copy/paste them from a nice summary I saw posted on our forums (which I think was actually edited from a post on ZoD’s site haha). Either way, the list is almost unanimously shared by the players of our guilds. I guess you can sum it up as: reasons.

SoS is higher ranking, but not Tier 1, which we think will be too overcrowded and have giant queues, generally frustrating our players rather than solving the problems we have at Ehmry. SoS fights about 5-6 different servers in rotation, instead of being stuck with the same 2-3 week after week. They are competitive in their tier, and looking at their match history, they have placed 1st, 2nd, and 3rd many times, instead of being stuck dead last every week. They have a strong oceanic presence, but have a gap in their NA timezones. This is a great opportunity for us; we can fill the NA timeslot which is where most of our membership is, and our oceanic players will have lots of others to WvW with, and we won’t lose everything that we fought hard for overnight. From our conversations with SoS members, the queues should be negligible; when there are queues, we have been told that they are typically less than 10 min. Finally, we know some of the guilds there; ZoD, Hood, and DIE.

GH itself was going to try to go in mostly incognito and lay low for the first two weeks, but I guess word spread a little quicker than we thought lol. Might as well give an explanation.

(edited by Faux Sheaux.6179)

in WvW

Chris.3290

GH is a well-respected guild from anyone who’s ever played on or against Ehmry Bay. Kinda hard to slip under the radar there.

in WvW

Posted by: Spellslinger Leah.8905

Spellslinger Leah.8905

Thank you very much for your kind words Chris.

Spellslinger Leah – Sea of Sorrows
Grindhouse Gaming [GH] – Guild Master

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

hmmm i believe its more than just those 2 guilds. noticed at late oceanix/sea that sos runs now with 40+ man zergs almost everywhere. and i saw a bunch of newguilds.
but could be all the fairweathers showing up

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

lol did zod and gh get tired of wiping to bp?

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

hmmm i believe its more than just those 2 guilds. noticed at late oceanix/sea that sos runs now with 40+ man zergs almost everywhere. and i saw a bunch of newguilds.

Yesterday was Australia day (holiday for aussies) which lead to better Sunday performance and overnight performance. The new guilds haven’t transferred yet totally (only ZoD with 20ish so far and maybe few GH). So nothing has changed so far…

What’s happening to SoS? :
SoS was primarily Oceanic as everyone knows with decent NA but we just had enough guilds to play 2 borderlands and ops on 3rd. Now we will be able to play 3 borderlands during NA with EB guilds’ arrival when they transfer over by next week. Also before EB guilds none of our NA primetime guilds outside of EP roll 20+ and mostly run tagless during raid times. New guilds will bring 100-150 people overall spread out through NA/EU/SEA. They will also bring pugmanders who tag up so our militia has more options to have fun during day/gaps. Before we had people who ran 12-20 hrs (ex: last close matchup with FA/TC 2 weeks ago) but now hopefully everyone can play when they want and not burn out. Overall this is a good thing for T2. It will keep TC/FA/SoS in fun matches with SBI/Mag rotating in. TC still has much higher overall pop imo and FA already had higher NA pop so nothing will change too much. SoS just got a deeper bench for off hours if that makes sense.

SoS has already decided not to recruit any more NA/Oceanix (outside of those we have talked to already) as we don’t want to return to T1. Once everyone settles in we will work on making sure the new/old mix well and create a solid foundation that everyone can enjoy. Hope all this makes sense, and if it doesn’t :P.

See you in game hf!

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Posted by: kraftie.4765

kraftie.4765

Glad to see our NA getting more love. Personally would love to see a more competitive t2.

[Envy]
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

Welcome, ZoD and GH!

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

But why SoS?

To be carried by off-hour population, same as most of the stackers.

On face value it would make SoS more interesting to fight for those that play in NA, they were boring, but looking at the guilds that transferred… yea not so much, still boring.

in WvW

Posted by: Cosmic Sparklejunk.3514

Cosmic Sparklejunk.3514

Partly this is because the servers we are facing have more of a SEA than OCX presence. We get bored OCX and stay up late to have some fights! I know that our guild has shifted to accommodate this as well as the work schedule of one of our drivers. We’ve also been joined by a couple of SEA time guilds. Taken together all of this probably explains the change.

in WvW

Posted by: Eternum.1706

Eternum.1706

Whatever’s “going on with SoS”, I’m fine with it, as long as they promise some great fights. Looking forward to seeing ZoD and GH!

Tarnished Coast
ZzZz | Zombie Coast
For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Whatever’s “going on with SoS”, I’m fine with it, as long as they promise some great fights. Looking forward to seeing ZoD and GH!

+100
love good fights keep it up sos

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Pirate Steveo.2190

Pirate Steveo.2190

Thanks for the kind words Chris. As people have already mentioned T2 being more competitive is what a lot of us have been looking for. We ran into a few new faces last night and it was a blast fighting. Keep up the good fights

[NAGA] Not Another Gaming Acronym
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Super Kruegs.8967

Super Kruegs.8967

Yup T2 where it’s at right now. Great fights, little lag, almost no ques and best of all I haven’t seen an AC in 2 weeks. That being said i think we’re pretty balanced and anyone thinking of moving should be considering T3 especially if you’re NA/OCX. Welcome to the newbies no mercy will be shown have fun out there

FA [WS]. Small group fights since 2012

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

Yup T2 where it’s at right now. Great fights, little lag, almost no ques and best of all I haven’t seen an AC in 2 weeks. That being said i think we’re pretty balanced and anyone thinking of moving should be considering T3 especially if you’re NA/OCX. Welcome to the newbies no mercy will be shown have fun out there

We are already turning away couple prospects on SoS for NA and directing them to SoR or DB to bring them up to replace YB in T3. I think DB will be excellent T3 server with some more NA/Oceanix. We will also be referring any OCX to Mag/DB going forward so T3 gets well rounded and we have 6 great servers in T2-3 that fight each other.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

We are already turning away couple prospects on SoS for NA and directing them to SoR or DB to bring them up to replace YB in T3. I think DB will be excellent T3 server with some more NA/Oceanix. We will also be referring any OCX to Mag/DB going forward so T3 gets well rounded and we have 6 great servers in T2-3 that fight each other.

Very cool of you to do, in my opinion.

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

I’m pretty happy these guys came to SoS since I play on it. We don’t have the outmanned buff so much anymore on our primary maps during NA prime time, just some times its still there.

20-30 of us vs. 2 fully qued map blobs was getting old, now that the odds are even the fights will be much better

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Chris.3290

I know their forum…demeanor, leaves something to be desired but it would be fun to see Maguuma get at least a small OCX force.
Likewise DB only needs a nudge in NA to get out of T4 for good.
Lord knows how YB and IoJ will handle BP in that bracket, but that will be their problem. Getting T2-T3 straightened out is enough trouble.

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

So i hear TW is moving to TC and choo might be following. Good bye, balance.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

That would only push TC up to T1 wouldn’kitten So TW and Choo would get farmed again by BG and JQ? Makes no sense whatsoever

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

That would only push TC up to T1 wouldn’kitten So TW and Choo would get farmed again by BG and JQ? Makes no sense whatsoever

That sounds about right.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Posted by: aceai.4895

aceai.4895

I hope not, T2 is as balance as www can be atm.

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Hey now! Share the love!

At some point I’d like to face a server not running 60+ man blobs on every map.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

Might xfer my alliance to TC to handle these traitors…

in WvW

Brando.1374

Might xfer my alliance to TC to handle these traitors…

Do IT

in WvW

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

Hey now! Share the love!

At some point I’d like to face a server not running 60+ man blobs on every map.

There is nothing about SoR that makes them any different other than they are not currently on top of the three way stack fest that is T1.

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

But why SoS?

Why not?

The only other server that is hurting for NA as much as SoS is/was is Dragonbrand. T2 offers great fights without the queues and politics of Tier 1.

TC and FA have great NA guilds like AGG, FEAR, ZzZz, STUN, NAGA, APS, PINK, NOPE, and many more. If you like a good fight like ZoD and GH do; you probably want a crack at that group.

edit: Not to mention both RET’s (Reticle and Retribution)

Why not transfer guilds up tiers? Can’t think of a reason.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Stand The Wall.6987

who is bp going to fight now. all we get is the db karma train nowadays.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

You can always throw the rest of your matches to force DB up a tier and away from you permanently, but that carries the risk of dropping a tier.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

You can always throw the rest of your matches to force DB up a tier and away from you permanently, but that carries the risk of dropping a tier.

Or xfer to TC and merge forces with GF for some good slaughter for the last couple of months we play this game….hmmmmmmmm…….

in WvW

Brando.1374

Or xfer to TC and merge forces with GF for some good slaughter for the last couple of months we play this game….hmmmmmmmm…….

Attachments:

in WvW

Stand The Wall.6987

bahahahaaa….
awnuuulldd!
For the record we arent “throwing matches”, but more like “taking a break”. DB will never make it up a tier because… yeah. Unless they get some guild transfers. If db sea crew transferred to bp as well as ebay roamers however… we would have the coverage plus great primetime guilds. It would be quite the force. You transfer! No you!

in WvW

Posted by: Michelangelo.1742

Michelangelo.1742

Well, as long as SoS, TC, and FA work together to make sure that we have a balanced population all round, I will be quite happy with what is going on right now. I am seeing a lot of positive comments from everyone here from all 3 servers so I think it could work out.

WvW Revenge Catch-up Mechanic & Contingent 1U1D!
Tidal Legion [TL] – Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Chris.3290

I hope the TW and CHOO thing is black humor. They’d just turn TC into the next SoR, and the TC fair weathers wouldn’t show up for T1.
Seriously I think T2 servers should send NA transfers to DB and SoR.

in WvW

Posted by: Comprissent.3856

Comprissent.3856

GH is a well-respected guild from anyone who’s ever played on or against Ehmry Bay. Kinda hard to slip under the radar there.

GH is amongst the biggest tower/siege huggers of a guild i’ve ever seen why would you say this

GM – [Ark]ham

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The only reason I’d be OK with TC getting bumped up to T1 is that it might finally get us put as Red for a while so I can finish my mapping.

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Doubt this is going to make T2 any more balanced. It was more balanced last week after one of FA’s off-peak guilds went inactive. The combination might change things considerably.

GH is amongst the biggest tower/siege huggers of a guild i’ve ever seen why would you say this

Because he’s in SoS??

in WvW

Chris.3290

Unlike Magummies, I base a guild’s success based on it’s purpose and goals and not just based on open-field success (though I’m the first to say that such fights require the most experience and skill).
If a guild says they are zergbusters and then nuthug, they are the failures.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Who got void? Is GF headed out? What about the loathed (and oft feared) Bsty?

Kudos to the servers that land these powerful guilds. From the outside looking in:

ZoD always seemed a large and decently capable zerg guild.

GH especially several months ago was flat out dangerous at any size. Some good individual fighters in there as well.

Void is/was an impressive skill group that wipes zergs quite a bit bigger than themselves.

GF fields some of the best skirmish groups I have consistently fought against.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Chris.3290

I had heard Void went to FA, but they or others from FA will have to confirm that.