Whats happening to Maguma?

in WvW

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

I think Mag will end up either in T3 or bouncing between it and T4. Don’t be fooled, there are some people still here, but a lot are playing AA and the rest are not in tryhard mode at all.

That’s good to hear. I was worried you all would be too weak for T3 or T4. Shouldda know the “sky is falling” was exaggerated somewhat.

Mag is definitely too weak for T3 in its current state. It’d be competitive with them if the popular pugmanders were tryharding, but Mag in its non-tryhard state now would probably be around T4 level.

Second Child

in WvW

Posted by: Ghostly Demise.5786

Ghostly Demise.5786

BP bought out Mag’s top guilds, some went to TC and some to Archeage. The server never really did co-operate and I think Mag is going to replicate SoR’s downfall.

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

BP bought out Mag’s top guilds, some went to TC and some to Archeage. The server never really did co-operate and I think Mag is going to replicate SoR’s downfall.

LOL….GG if you think WARBUS was Mag’s “best guilds”…

They were inconsequential guilds that ran from fights and tried to cap paper objectives….If people worth following tag up on Mag, Mag queues the map.

The reason why War/Bus left is because they play ppt and no one else really does outside of necessity. Right now there is no need to stay in T2 anymore.

Also losing SiX was more of a major blow than War/Bus combined…CTH even more so probably.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

They were inconsequential guilds that ran from fights and tried to cap paper objectives….If people worth following tag up on Mag, Mag queues the map.

The reason why War/Bus left is because they play ppt and no one else really does outside of necessity. Right now there is no need to stay in T2 anymore.

Also losing SiX was more of a major blow than War/Bus combined…CTH even more so probably.

You are right, BUS and WaR were not the “best guilds” (especially for fighting), they never claimed they were, and that was never their goal. BUS’s goal was to paper everything, not just cap paper stuff. We worked on cutting off all supply lines, then slowly breaking down a fortified keep/garrison to end up taking it and papering it. It was all about taking their shiny and breaking waypoints… thats it. That was our fun.

And you know, each person plays their game their way. SiX wanted to do their thing, and it didnt work on Mag either, so they went to TC. Great for them, they found their fun.

There is no “right” or “wrong” way to play WvW. You play it how you have your fun. That is what playing a game is all about, right?

It is no one person’s or guild’s fault that Mag died the way it did. It was fun while it lasted, and I know I have a ton of fantastic memories from it. It wasnt about the fights, the papering, or even the crying nerds…… It was about the fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

BUS’s goal was to paper everything, not just cap paper stuff. We worked on cutting off all supply lines, then slowly breaking down a fortified keep/garrison to end up taking it and papering it. It was all about taking their shiny and breaking waypoints… thats it. That was our fun.

And by “they” he means FA’s home bl waypoints, which pulled FA off of SoSBL and EBG time and time again, giving the night time SoS blob free reign.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Kitiara.2706

BUS’s goal was to paper everything, not just cap paper stuff. We worked on cutting off all supply lines, then slowly breaking down a fortified keep/garrison to end up taking it and papering it. It was all about taking their shiny and breaking waypoints… thats it. That was our fun.

And by “they” he means FA’s home bl waypoints, which pulled FA off of SoSBL and EBG time and time again, giving the night time SoS blob free reign.

Oh no, we also tried to take SoS’s stuff. There were just so many of them, all the time, in every tower and every keep that they just wiped us constantly. 10+ of us, versus SO MANY of them.

(edited by Kitiara.2706)

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

Don’t forget the massive use of acs.

in WvW

Posted by: Sungtaro.6493

Sungtaro.6493

Oh no, we also tried to take SoS’s stuff. There were just so many of them, all the time, in every tower and every keep that they just wiped us constantly. 10+ of us, versus SO MANY of them.

As someone on FA I have to say about BUS.

1) They knew what they were doing as far as ninjaing towers and keeps.
2) They are one of the few medium size guilds that were willing to try to take on waypointed keeps and one of the fewer still willing to wear it down instead of ninja it. I even named a wall in Bay after them.
3) Even though open fighting is not their strength, if it was close to even numbers, they stood and fought almost always to the last man.

I understand that things no longer worked out for you on Mag. This guardian from WS wishes you luck in your new home and hope that you continue to enjoy the game and play the game your way.

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.

in WvW

Kitiara.2706

As someone on FA I have to say about BUS.

1) They knew what they were doing as far as ninjaing towers and keeps.
2) They are one of the few medium size guilds that were willing to try to take on waypointed keeps and one of the fewer still willing to wear it down instead of ninja it. I even named a wall in Bay after them.
3) Even though open fighting is not their strength, if it was close to even numbers, they stood and fought almost always to the last man.

I understand that things no longer worked out for you on Mag. This guardian from WS wishes you luck in your new home and hope that you continue to enjoy the game and play the game your way.

Thank you, so much! Hope you guys continue to have fun, too.

in WvW

Posted by: WalkinGoon.2408

WalkinGoon.2408

RIP Magswag, #1 PvF Server 2012-2014

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

RIP Magswag, #1 PvF Server 2012-2014

Having played vs Mags players in a number of formats I would have rated mags pre collapse as;

In the top 5 Pvf,

In the top 3 open field 5 v1 teams,

In the top 2 perpetual Emoters and

possibly the highest self rated server I have played. ( JQ may dispute this)

( I will miss you magswag, your roamers were fun to play)

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

The maguuma that fought tooth and nail in order to make Gold League twice; that was a group to be feared. They fought in spite of the score.

The era of the weaker sister has just ended, where they were more like hipsters pretending to not care about the score, even though the whining about it was deafening. I’m not sure who or what it lost or what poisoned the well; but they would go on about others PPT’ing where once they didn’t care what you did but would stomp you all the same.

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/history/38

Staleness is the biggest killer…Basically the same matchup for 6 months, swapping a DB for an FA here and there, even in leagues it was pretty stale.

Stale is JQ fighting BG for so long everyone knows everyone. But yeah , i think anet just needs to manually adjust matchups every week just for fun and giggles.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Wouldn’t it be grand if T1 NA and T1 EU could fight each other?

in WvW

King Amadaeus.8619

The maguuma that fought tooth and nail in order to make Gold League twice; that was a group to be feared. They fought in spite of the score.

The era of the weaker sister has just ended, where they were more like hipsters pretending to not care about the score, even though the whining about it was deafening. I’m not sure who or what it lost or what poisoned the well; but they would go on about others PPT’ing where once they didn’t care what you did but would stomp you all the same.

No one ever cared about the score Chuckles…..Even when they were pushing for Gold, it was always about the fights…PPT for many people is a means to an end these days, for the rest (see: SoS) it is still a game mode.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Only one to blame is ArenaNet

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Only one to blame is ArenaNet

No, sorry but this is not true. Take your responsibilities people. It’s also our fault. We can decide to play or not and many decided not to. We aren’t loosers because we have less points, we are losers because we act accordingly.

in WvW

Posted by: rush.1492

rush.1492

The last 3 months for WaR was about defense. Mostly because I was stuck in College finishing my degree. There are many false things about what you just said. I cannot speak for BUS as I never played with them. But I can tell you this. As the main driver for WaR when we officially raid, we never ran from any fight. Even if we were overwhelmed with enemy numbers. You should talk to some of the other main guilds and ask if we were involved in fights before you run your mouth. I am mostly “for the fights”. That is what I love to do mostly in this game. But I also understand the need to PPT. To stay at a high tier to get those fights. I come from a short list of guilds. HDA, Pyro, Arkham, and now WaR. War is now my permanent home. I dont play for guilds that run from fights.

[ARK]Xelo Prime
Arkham – Maguuma

in WvW

King Amadaeus.8619

The last 3 months for WaR was about defense. Mostly because I was stuck in College finishing my degree. There are many false things about what you just said. I cannot speak for BUS as I never played with them. But I can tell you this. As the main driver for WaR when we officially raid, we never ran from any fight. Even if we were overwhelmed with enemy numbers. You should talk to some of the other main guilds and ask if we were involved in fights before you run your mouth. I am mostly “for the fights”. That is what I love to do mostly in this game. But I also understand the need to PPT. To stay at a high tier to get those fights. I come from a short list of guilds. HDA, Pyro, Arkham, and now WaR. War is now my permanent home. I dont play for guilds that run from fights.

Yet you transferred servers, thus running from fights.

GG no re.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: rush.1492

rush.1492

Yet you transferred servers, thus running from fights.

GG no re.

lol.. ok

[ARK]Xelo Prime
Arkham – Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

I think Mag will end up either in T3 or bouncing between it and T4. Don’t be fooled, there are some people still here, but a lot are playing AA and the rest are not in tryhard mode at all.

That’s good to hear. I was worried you all would be too weak for T3 or T4. Shouldda know the “sky is falling” was exaggerated somewhat.

Mag is definitely too weak for T3 in its current state. It’d be competitive with them if the popular pugmanders were tryharding, but Mag in its non-tryhard state now would probably be around T4 level.

I was on SoR when the bottom fell out. I remember the initial chatter was that we would end up being a weak T3/solid T4 server. And then SoR was throttled in T2, and again in T3, and that pit just got deeper and darker. They’ve finally found some stability in round abouts T7, and I’m happy for them. But my point is that the fall can be a lot longer and harder than people might initially think. It wouldn’t surprise me if Mag ends up in T5 or T6.

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

But my point is that the fall can be a lot longer and harder than people might initially think. It wouldn’t surprise me if Mag ends up in T5 or T6.

It is a distinct possibility. However Mag is a somewhat unusual server even now. Unlike most servers there never were central guilds driving PPT so even though several GvG groups left and took a lot of the zerg busters with them, the Mag militia when rallied can still open field SoS and FA groups which bodes well for T3. We haven’t been able to keep up with the overnight capping but there are signs that Mag’s fall will not be as steep or quick as SoR, HoD, etc.

There are also some guilds taking initiative to structure Mag more like a traditional server with more active commander tags during NA Prime than when I got here. The fate of Mag may well be building from the bottom but I am not convinced just yet that it will have to.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Wynn the Woeful.6417

Wynn the Woeful.6417

Wouldn’t it be grand if T1 NA and T1 EU could fight each other?

I would love to have some occasional cross server matches.

The Sixth Degree [TSD]
Yak’s Bend and Proud

in WvW

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

The short answer is: The majority of our guilds either left or disbanded, and the people who are left believe that we would be better off in T3.

I wouldn’t count Maguuma out yet though. Some of the people who are still here are avoiding PPT (moreso than usual) in the hopes that we can drop to T3 faster, since fighting T2 blobs is mostly a lost cause until/unless we get some fresh blood.

tl;dr: Maguuma is definitely hurting bad right now, but might not be quite as dead as it looks. We won’t know for sure until we drop tiers.

in WvW

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

Mag is probably better off in a lower tier where they dont feel compelled to PPT as it is not really their style. If they settle in around T4 the solo roamers will still find enough fights to satisfy them during NA prime and this is pretty much where the server started before the influx.

Mag probably could have been a bit more tenacious about bloodlust as they relied more on winning fights in NA(thus stomps) than they did capping objectives which was deemed PPTardness. Bloodlust usually was smallish groups capping those areas in T2 which seemed perfect for Mag and their greater skilled players.

But I also understand the need to PPT. To stay at a high tier to get those fights. I come from a short list of guilds. HDA, Pyro, Arkham, and now WaR. War is now my permanent home. I dont play for guilds that run from fights.

I dont think you can point to the fact that you need to PPT to stay in the tier as a reason for GvG guilds to participate. They will just move server if the current 1 is failing so they can once again get the GvG’s they desire.

Thx for the fights Mag, had some great fun, mostly the small man stuff around 3-10 people [GF] [DERP] [XOXO] or [fctr] back in the day. But definitely some memorable keep defenses/takes.

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

in WvW

Posted by: Blodlyrisk.2801

Blodlyrisk.2801

Mag isn’t tanking.. It’s just imploding because nobody plays on the server anymore.

You don’t say?

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

Mag isn’t tanking.. It’s just imploding because nobody plays on the server anymore.

You don’t say?

FA must also be trying to tank.

Attachments:

Baer

in WvW

Straegen.2938

FA isn’t tanking but without a counterbalancing 3rd server SoS can basically focus FA with numbers. Only so much you can do when every night you log in and have to start from the legendaries and the aggressor has T3’d most structures, has similar or larger numbers and there is no 3rd party to help balance it out.

T2 is a mess right now… penance for months of awesomeness.

You don’t say?

Once Mag lost most of its larger guilds, there has been an active acknowledgement by some on the server that getting locked into Gold would be a very bad thing. IMO it wouldn’t matter if the server wanted to PPT because Mag simply doesn’t have the numbers to drive the score up significantly. SoS can effectively keep the maps locked down 20 hours everyday.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

(edited by Straegen.2938)

in WvW

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

Once Mag lost most of its larger guilds, there has been an active acknowledgement by some on the server that getting locked into Gold would be a very bad thing. IMO it wouldn’t matter if the server wanted to PPT because Mag simply doesn’t have the numbers to drive the score up significantly. SoS can effectively keep the maps locked down 20 hours everyday.

No way Mag is gonna lose enough rating in two weeks to go below 6th place, you will be locked into gold for the tournament.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

in WvW

Chris.3290

You don’t say?

You should have blurred his name more, I know who that is. Sad when your main home BL commander is saying that; even though I don’t blame him.

Nice guy, even though he complains about golem rushes a lot.

in WvW

Chris.3290

No way Mag is gonna lose enough rating in two weeks to go below 6th place, you will be locked into gold for the tournament.

They lost pretty much the maximum amount of points possible to lose in a single matchup; and it will happen again, and one more time after that before the tournament.
They lost 50+ this week and probably more this next week since they started out feisty on Friday.
At that point they’ll be 30 points away from T2 with high liklihood of T3. Even if RNG tinkles on them again, they will lose more than 30.

The only way they can get stuck is if DR moves to T3 and wins by a very slim margin.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

You don’t say?

Don’t know how a three-way match-up works?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Straegen.2938

The only way they can get stuck is if DR moves to T3 and wins by a very slim margin.

Glicko and the RNG can easily throw curves in here. Keep in mind that the further apart the scores of the higher ranked servers become the fewer points we will lose. The best shot Mag has it to get beat by a lower ranked server which would drop our score significantly. Doesn’t mean it won’t happen but best I can tell it is a 50/50 shot at this moment.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

(edited by Straegen.2938)

in WvW

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

The “sky is falling” people on this thread are not on Maguuma and I find their intelligence to be of dubious quality.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in WvW

Chris.3290

Glicko and the RNG can easily throw curves in here. Keep in mind that the further apart the scores of the higher ranked servers become the fewer points we will lose. The best shot Mag has it to get beat by a lower ranked server which would drop our score significantly. Doesn’t mean it won’t happen but best I can tell it is a 50/50 shot at this moment.

Of course, i was just pointing out that even if Mag were to not roll low; that they/you would not need RNG to place in Silver for the tournament.

Shooting from the hip I figure the odds are roughly close to 20% of Maguuma staying in Gold.

I can think of 4 different but likely scenarios where Mag drops down and only 2 where it would stay, and those scenarios are both less likely.
DR is 95 points beneath T3 atm where Maguuma is only 80 points above. I also think it’s unlikely that DR will gain more than Maguuma will lose this next week so it makes the chances of it happening in the last week even less likely.

in WvW

Chris.3290

Be interesting to see if the new Mag will PPT.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

That’s the problem, no one below mags will fare very well either in t2… The matches in t3 and t4 were very fun until tourney was announced….. I doubt many would care if they got bumped up to t2 for a week, but 4 weeks….. A 1-12 13-24 tourney would seem to have been a better setup….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

The “sky is falling” people on this thread are not on Maguuma and I find their intelligence to be of dubious quality.

Are you gonna stay on mag and ppt in t5/6??? Or just play fights against roamers???

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

in WvW

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

So I went out with my girlfriend last night and we had an amazing time…Both out to dinner and in bed. So good man. Oh, sorry. Not the right topic? Darns.

in WvW

Posted by: IcomeINpeace.2085

IcomeINpeace.2085

Just trimming the fat… It’s bad for you.

IcomeINpeace [DERP]