Which server should I transfer to?

in WvW

Posted by: Carbon.2975

Carbon.2975

Hey!

No one on my server plays WvW anymore (Darkhaven). I’m looking to transfer to a server with people who are passionate about this part of the game.

What would you guys suggest? I don’t mind paying the 1800 gem fee as long as I get to enjoy the game again.

in WvW

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

Maguuma. We need more NA prime time players to cover EOTM and run gold Boss Blitz.

in WvW

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

Given the approach to WvW and it’s rewards, I’d suggest stacking on whatever server came top. There is little to incentivise you to do anything else and you’ll be rewarded with the shiny new weapons in abundance.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

DR of course, you have played us and know what we are about. Make the move !

in WvW

Posted by: sukilih.6913

sukilih.6913

If you want a great WvW community
Check out TC, think you’ll like it

Ron burgundy
TC- milk was a bad choice

in WvW

Posted by: bob.8632

bob.8632

Hey!

No one on my server plays WvW anymore (Darkhaven). I’m looking to transfer to a server with people who are passionate about this part of the game.

What would you guys suggest? I don’t mind paying the 1800 gem fee as long as I get to enjoy the game again.

Wherever this guy plays at:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Tournament-pricing-ended-May-30th/first
So the QQ will stop about transfers.

in WvW

Carbon.2975

Hey!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Tournament-pricing-ended-May-30th/first

Always one jerk on every forum.

in WvW

Carbon.2975

If you want a great WvW community
Check out TC, think you’ll like it

This one finished in 2nd place I think. I’ll transfer here now.

in WvW

Posted by: bob.8632

bob.8632

Hey!

Always one jerk on every forum.

Agreed!

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Sounds like you already made up your mind but IMO T1 is going to be heavy on the zerg and light on the skirmish. That isn’t a problem for a lot of players but if you like to roam and skirmish might want to consider a T3 or lower server.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

If you want to roam on TC make sure you have some semblance of mobility, if you have a couple buddies make sure they have it too because being on the 1 side of a 1 v 4 is pretty common and then there is the 60 man blob to dodge(depending on when you play). If you’re lucky you can lure out a few juicy zerglings to pick off.

On the plus side, there is almost always something happening and people to poke. JQ always has people on and BG has some tough roamers.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: ionix.9054

ionix.9054

Go to a top 3 population server in the gold league. You will always find fights. Stay away from the zerg and you will find skirmishes roaming

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

Nice post history. You’re LITERALLY the only one on your server at any time of the day? Funny, I took a few screenshots just recently. First pic was from a few minutes ago (10am server time, not our peak population, just in EB not the other maps). Second picture (if it shows up, forum is glitchy) is from oceanic last night (the least populated time zone for most gw2 players, and look at the minimap, we still had 20+). Sure are a lot of you if you’re the only one!

Check his post history folks, pretty clearly a troll and he’s clearly lying (take a look at the pics yourself lol). A few quotes from his post history (which extends to may the 29th):

I haven’t played GW2 in a while and only returned today. I noticed that everyone on my server has stopped playing WvW. I’m honestly the only one in there at any hour of the day.
Are there any servers that still care about WvW? Thanks.

Thanks for the quick answers. I really want to get back into this game but its so depressing how I am the only one on WvW (not even exaggerating, I was the only one!).

Attachments:

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

(edited by Arius.7031)

in WvW

Posted by: Rimmy.9217

Rimmy.9217

Hey!

Truly, in the match against Darkhaven my server is currently in, the constant roaming zergs are a figment of our collective imagination.

If you think that nobody on DH plays WvW then you are clearly hanging out at spawn instead of going out on to the map.

And having watched how the sea of red moves on many maps, it’s clear that these hallucinations of mine have tagged commanders.

If you are experiencing feelings of abandonment, perhaps it is time for you to change servers. But don’t come to mine – we’re still upgrading to tumbleweeds.

Trollnado Ele – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Carbon.2975

Nice post history. You’re LITERALLY the only one on your server at any time of the day? Funny, I took a few screenshots just recently. First pic was from a few minutes ago (10am server time, not our peak population, just in EB not the other maps). Second picture (if it shows up, forum is glitchy) is from oceanic last night (the least populated time zone for most gw2 players, and look at the minimap, we still had 20+). Sure are a lot of you if you’re the only one!

Check his post history folks, pretty clearly a troll and he’s clearly lying (take a look at the pics yourself lol). A few quotes from his post history (which extends to may the 29th):

I haven’t played GW2 in a while and only returned today. I noticed that everyone on my server has stopped playing WvW. I’m honestly the only one in there at any hour of the day.

Thanks for the quick answers. I really want to get back into this game but its so depressing how I am the only one on WvW (not even exaggerating, I was the only one!).

You sure put a lot of work into humiliating yourself. Why would I troll about something like this?

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

You sure put a lot of work into humiliating yourself. Why would I troll about something like this?

Because the only server where you would be the only player on-line at a given time would be Eredon Terrace… Really dude, DH is far beyond from being deserted as you described. Just admit you wanted to leave to some top tier where you can be carried by 80man omnimapblobs.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Just saying.. pretty sure that chat log says 10 PM ^^

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Arius.7031

Just saying.. pretty sure that chat log says 10 PM ^^

Yeah, meant to type 10pm not am (my bad).

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Arius.7031

Those screenshots were taken for another thread, I didn’t have to put any work into clicking the “choose file” button (which already leads to my gw2 ss folder). Reading your post history also wasn’t a lot of work. Indeed, demonstrating that you’re just a troll took almost no work at all, which means you’re pretty bad at it to be completely honest.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Those screenshots were taken for another thread, I didn’t have to put any work into clicking the “choose file” button (which already leads to my gw2 ss folder). Reading your post history also wasn’t a lot of work. Indeed, demonstrating that you’re just a troll took almost no work at all, which means you’re pretty bad at it to be completely honest.

I’m willing to bet those screenshots showed your only force across all 4 maps. So if he prefers playing in the borderlands, it was most likely deserted like it is on most T7-8 servers. I see nothing wrong with his post history. Clearly this is an issue that has finally convinced him to make a thread on the forums. That doesn’t mean he’s trolling.

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

Darkhaven is far from deserted. Perhaps you mapped into an enemy border that was empty of your side at that given time.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

in WvW

Arius.7031

I’m willing to bet those screenshots showed your only force across all 4 maps. So if he prefers playing in the borderlands, it was most likely deserted like it is on most T7-8 servers. I see nothing wrong with his post history. Clearly this is an issue that has finally convinced him to make a thread on the forums. That doesn’t mean he’s trolling.

That is completely false. The first screenshot taken (iirc), the one taken at 9 something pm, we had 2 guild groups going in other BLs as well as a home bl defense zerg (not to mention multiple roaming groups/roamers).

The 2nd screenshot was oceanic where we have no guilds BUT do always have people in Dh BL defending as well as 2 havoc guilds that were going at the time (dm/rdh). During oceanic I’d say that’s not too bad. Regardless, even if it were true, that does categorically demonstrate that we aren’t empty, and that we have decent round the clock coverage. I don’t generally like to be so harsh and straight forward, but Dh lost a TON of people pre season 2 (seriously, a ton), and we do not need people scaring away potential transfers by lying on the forums.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: henchmen.1856

henchmen.1856

That is completely false. The first screenshot taken (iirc), the one taken at 9 something pm, we had 2 guild groups going in other BLs as well as a home bl defense zerg (not to mention multiple roaming groups/roamers).

The 2nd screenshot was oceanic where we have no guilds BUT do always have people in Dh BL defending as well as 2 havoc guilds that were going at the time (dm/rdh). During oceanic I’d say that’s not too bad. Regardless, even if it were true, that does categorically demonstrate that we aren’t empty, and that we have decent round the clock coverage. I don’t generally like to be so harsh and straight forward, but Dh lost a TON of people pre season 2 (seriously, a ton), and we do not need people scaring away potential transfers by lying on the forums.

I’m on DH and it was a dead zone that day other than that Bevr group. All the bl’s were empty of friendly and enemy forces. But its true, DH does have some SEA pugs (nothing compared to higher tiers though).

in WvW

Arius.7031

I’m on DH and it was a dead zone that day other than that Bevr group. All the bl’s were empty of friendly and enemy forces. But its true, DH does have some SEA pugs (nothing compared to higher tiers though).

Strange then how we were constantly falling to 200 ppt then jumping back up to 300, all day: http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/46/ Was it just a roaming group here and there that was flipping sor’s keep over and over? Lol. Nope. I was there, and it was not empty.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I’ll second this. We have lost a lot of people/guilds before and during the season, but we’re not completely empty like the OP says. I play evenings (anywhere from 6-midnight eastern time) and there is usually at least a zerg running around somewhere. We do lack the numbers we had, but we’re not completely defenseless. I’m not sure what timezone it is, but during the day (eastern) we have the numbers to usually get up into the 400ish tick (at least when I’ve looked at http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups/).

That being said, I’m hoping maybe with next tourny we’ll be a free transfer, if they do that again, and we can attract some big/small guilds to join us, because we can use more numbers and the op isn’t helping our case by saying noone plays on Darkhaven.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

BP is some tiers above and is a desert wasteland outside prime NA time. If DH is the way you guys are saying, pretty sure you’ll be in our tier in no time.

[HUE]

in WvW

Arius.7031

BP is some tiers above and is a desert wasteland outside prime NA time. If DH is the way you guys are saying, pretty sure you’ll be in our tier in no time.

Nope. Also, not saying, giving pictures. Don’t believe my word, believe the pictures. Darkhaven gets destroyed by Sorrow’s Furnace during primetime, enough that even us taking 400+ ppt (usually 500) against them every single night during oceanic/sea is not enough to make up for it.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

(edited by Arius.7031)

in WvW

yanniell.1236

Bummer. I’d had welcomed some new faces for a change.

[HUE]

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Bummer. I’d had welcomed some new faces for a change.

Don’t worry… You’ll problably will have GoM and SF soon enough…

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Carbon.2975

The forum community is so different than the game community.

Everyone is nice in the game, and everyone is an kitten here.

in WvW

Carbon.2975

Nope. Also, not saying, giving pictures. Don’t believe my word, believe the pictures. Darkhaven gets destroyed by Sorrow’s Furnace during primetime, enough that even us taking 400+ ppt (usually 500) against them every single night during oceanic/sea is not enough to make up for it.

You honestly need to find something better to do with your time. Trying to instigate arguments on a forum is pathetic. Its time to grow up.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Well, why don’t you try saying on map chat: “Yo, yall suck, none of you want to play, I”ll transfer off this hellhole" and see if they still will be nice to you?

in WvW

Carbon.2975

Well, why don’t you try saying on map chat: “Yo, yall suck, none of you want to play, I”ll transfer off this hellhole" and see if they still will be nice to you?

Because no one plays on my server, so no one would be around to hear it.

in WvW

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Borliss Pass has a great community of WvW die hards.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

If the troublemakers have left the server, it is probably a great place. I was on BP for 1.5 years and left for HoD due to the near constant negativity on open map chat and lack of commanders willing to hat up. A single mention of DTC or Kalkz would explode in a avalanche of griping.

BP was a great server and hopefully is once again.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

yanniell.1236

The community is great. The people are really nice, that’s why I’m still playing there.

The two above mentioned are no longer playing in BP.

[HUE]

in WvW

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

Hey!

Chaba is from FA. They could use more rallybots, I suggest you transfer there.

I’m inclined to say Arius is correct- from OP’s post history they’re either a troll or rather clueless so really, no one should be clamoring for your transfer. If you’re actually serious about WvW and want to do something other than complain (with hyperbole) about DH’s population, figure out what style of WvW you enjoy, find a guild that caters to it, and focus on the guild first rather than “the perfect server” because we all know that changes on a monthly basis. T1 = zerg blobs/PPT stans, T2 = guild fights, more coverage than silver but less blobs than kitten -T5 mixture, T6-T8 mostly roaming/ktrain as a ~general~ overview. And I suggest clicking down a thread and selecting the Recruitment forum instead of the Discussion one.

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

in WvW

Rimmy.9217

Interesting. You say nobody plays WvW on your server, but yet everyone is nice there. It sounds like you did well when you rolled for your dissociative identity disorder. Huzzah!

in WvW

Arius.7031

You honestly need to find something better to do with your time. Trying to instigate arguments on a forum is pathetic. Its time to grow up.

Hey, if you had just asked for a server to transfer to I would have left this be and gave you some advice myself. Instead, you decided to insult my server repeatedly, and worse you lied about it potentially damaging my server in the future. I’m not trying to argue with you, just trying to stop you from scaring people away from transferring to our server.

Again, Darkhaven pretty much permanently has a zerg of 30+, check EB as they’re most likely there though they could be elsewhere as well. Look for the blue tag.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Carbon.2975

Interesting. You say nobody plays WvW on your server, but yet everyone is nice there. It sounds like you did well when you rolled for your dissociative identity disorder. Huzzah!

Last time I checked there were more parts to the game than WvW. Try playing the game first before attempting to be clever.

in WvW

Carbon.2975

Hey, if you had just asked for a server to transfer to I would have left this be and gave you some advice myself. Instead, you decided to insult my server repeatedly, and worse you lied about it potentially damaging my server in the future. I’m not trying to argue with you, just trying to stop you from scaring people away from transferring to our server.

Again, Darkhaven pretty much permanently has a zerg of 30+, check EB as they’re most likely there though they could be elsewhere as well. Look for the blue tag.

I’ll just assume you are one of those special individuals who gets really offended over a video game. Maybe if you stopped instigating arguments over the internet you could develop into a decent human being.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

LOL. Raise a big stink and it gets attention from Anet. My goal was met. Thanks for obliging and helping to spread the word.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: marionimous.5961

marionimous.5961

Darkhaven is not empty… strangely enough you guys always have a zerg even on off times… =/

Cthutulu – Guardian
Ground ZërO [ZërO]
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Rimmy.9217

Last time I checked there were more parts to the game than WvW. Try playing the game first before attempting to be clever.

If you checked the other parts of the game as thoroughly as you checked your WvW scene, I wouldn’t have much faith in your observations.

And the last time I checked your OP you were talking about WvW – try to keep context in mind before you attempt a biting retort.

in WvW

Arius.7031

I’ll just assume you are one of those special individuals who gets really offended over a video game. Maybe if you stopped instigating arguments over the internet you could develop into a decent human being.

You may want to get your eyes checked. I’m hear to mitigate the damage you’re trying to do to my server, as spreading lies about us on the forums damages our chances of getting transfers. I’m only calling you out on your lies, nothing more.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Hey!

You won’t enjoy the game jumping servers unless you understand your role in WvW, the people you play with and know the server’s weak “times”.

I did my homework – the only thing I didn’t realize was the “aftershock” of empty seeming maps (all but prime times – Oceanic and US) with no more than 10 on a map during off times.

After the season some servers are busier than they were during the season. And there’s no way to gauge that before jumping.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

Just come to SBI, we already have one of your old guilds here, you can come join them.