Why do you need another CDI?

in WvW

Posted by: Drigan.7382

Drigan.7382

For months and months, people have given you feedback about what you need to do to fix World Vs World…at least we’ve given feedback on what you need to do to improve it.

There is no reason you should need to conduct another “CDI” to gather information on how to improve the seasons. You’ve had nine weeks to collect information from us, so go back and read our feedback. Make some changes and listen to what we say because at this point, your attempts at “community outreach” are superficial at best. Its time we see actual follow through from what we’ve asked for since the game was released, or we will continue to see guilds and people leave this game. (Whether you choose to believe “WvW is flourishing”, you should understand that its a widely shared perspective that less and less people are playing this game mode.)

Spirit Of Faith [HOPE]
Fort Aspenwood – www.gw2hope.com

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

CDIs are created for a particular topic of discussion. Yes there may be weeks of random feedback on various issues. But ArenaNet is choosing to use the CDI format to received feedback in a specific area.

in WvW

Posted by: Drigan.7382

Drigan.7382

Show me how Anet has used the other CDI’s and implemented changes based on the feedback they recieved?

Spirit Of Faith [HOPE]
Fort Aspenwood – www.gw2hope.com

in WvW

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

For months and months, people have given you feedback about what you need to do to fix World Vs World…at least we’ve given feedback on what you need to do to improve it.

There is no reason you should need to conduct another “CDI” to gather information on how to improve the seasons. You’ve had nine weeks to collect information from us, so go back and read our feedback. Make some changes and listen to what we say because at this point, your attempts at “community outreach” are superficial at best. Its time we see actual follow through from what we’ve asked for since the game was released, or we will continue to see guilds and people leave this game. (Whether you choose to believe “WvW is flourishing”, you should understand that its a widely shared perspective that less and less people are playing this game mode.)

I don’t know if I agree with everything you said… but I agree that there is no need for a CDI related to tournaments.

• They should have plenty of feedback throughout the 9 weeks.
  • In some sense it is pointless to conduct yet another WvW related CDI when the previous ones have yet to bear any tangible fruit (ie. had we seen commander improvements, or if we see them before next tourney in both cases the effectiveness of this new CDI is reduced because we have no idea how it would impact the flow of the tournaments).
  • The best they can hope out of this, is yet another round of dissatisfaction when it comes to rewards and another for world pairing, maybe length. I can’t see much constructive feedback coming out of it reading a lot on these forums right now.

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

Show me how Anet has used the other CDI’s and implemented changes based on the feedback they recieved?

They do not need to commit to any changes based on the feedback they received. Sometimes, it’s preferable for business or balance reasons to leave things as is. I’m sure they debated this or that change internally but what you see is what you get.

The current system is pretty fine for me. They just need to add more rewards to the old wvw maps.

in WvW

Posted by: NonToxic.9185

NonToxic.9185

Staff changes, threads page, good ideas that fell on deaf old ears might strike a chord with new ones. Though there have been good ideas (both in the previous CDIs and in general foruming), there have also been many bad ones, and the community reacts with the same “BEST IDEA/WORST IDEA” polarity every time. I understand the sentiment that the old threads have good ideas that are yet to become reality, but I also understand the approach to a new CDI: players will remember the best ideas and repost them, bad ideas will be forgotten, and too-long-didn’t-read goofballs won’t breach the many pages of conversation to add in their spam of the day.

I am cautiously optimistic.

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

So they can concentrate discussion into one thread so that it can be more easily ignored

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

We need another CDI because the previous ones have been fantastically productive and have improved WvW in immeasurable ways.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

I would guess they want to run these seasons a lot quicker now, last for 4-6 weeks, maybe take a month break in between to let servers settle on ranks and then repeat. They’re expecting almost half the servers to wait over two season sessions to even get one weapon done. So they may want to get season related fixes done quickly.

But yes all those other cdi’s related to wvw got next to nothing done, so why bother. They completely ignored the population cdi and destroyed servers yet again with transfers, free transfers to mid ranked servers, brilliant.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

DREGDE FRACTAL!111
Yeah but you are right, I don’t think that the CDIs have influenced the development in any form.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP:

It seems as if there may be new WvW leadership at ANET. If that is the case, then the CDI is a good idea.

in WvW

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

@OP:

It seems as if there may be new WvW leadership at ANET. If that is the case, then the CDI is a good idea.

Only if they acknowledge past mistakes and show concrete actions they are taking to rectify those. Otherwise no it isn’t a good idea.

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Devon ain’t WvW coordinator anymore. Got promoted to competitive design lead for pvp, wvw and balance.

So the guy who thought buffing arrow carts and rams was a good idea is now also in charge of balance. May god have mercy on our soul.

in WvW

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

From my other post:
5 months ago…
You asked us about population imbalance:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Collaborative-Development-World-Population
And instead of trying to balance populations, you gave us season 2, which made the problem 10xs worse. Entire servers collapsed and a couple servers got insanely bandwagoned.
You asked us about the commander system:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Collaborative-Development-Commander-System
Absolutely nothing was changed. Even the simplest thing like giving color options. Nope.
You asked us about edge of the mists:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Collaborative-Development-Edge-of-the-Mists/first
The second worst thing to happen to wvw in terms of helping population balance. The only incentive to transfer off of stacked servers was eliminated and replaced with a 24hr karma train.
5 months ago and not a single thing from the previous CDI was ever changed. Give me one reason why I should even bother with this new one?

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Just here wondering. What has been done to improve the WvW since the last CDI?

in WvW

Posted by: Shadowresli.3782

Shadowresli.3782

it’s much easier to ignore one thread and the mods don’t have that much work of deleting posts with good feedback and can concentrate more on the bad, bad people who are posting possible matchup discussions

proudly wiped by RG and Funny Sunny Bunny

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

Just here wondering. What has been done to improve the WvW since the last CDI?

Guard Leech was renamed to Applied Strength.

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Probably took great effort to do that.

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

During Ready Up there was a very quick mention of competitive. Almost too quick for me to register. Also I heard again that there were more people in S2 than in S1.

I think Anet should change their metric to measure success or failure of a change.

Sure you can go with the overall player participation but to measure the base population acceptance, measure player participation from Wednesday to Friday.

When will skill be the dominating factor in winning? And I don’t mean skill in getting better coverage/population.

in WvW

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

I am still waiting for them to implement the results of the commander discussion.

- Where are the several colours of commander tag?

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

So they can concentrate discussion into one thread so that it can be more easily ignored

This is the one.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in WvW

Posted by: Anubis.9346

Anubis.9346

I have one idea : STOP TOUCHING THIS GAME MODE.

We all know that you will srew it more than it is now so please, let us alone and do your living story thing.

Get Get [iNk] Insidious Blink

in WvW

style.6173

Devon ain’t WvW coordinator anymore. Got promoted to competitive design lead for pvp, wvw and balance.

So the guy who thought buffing arrow carts and rams was a good idea is now also in charge of balance. May god have mercy on our soul.

haha. Surely you joke.

in WvW

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

the most important issues were deleted for breaching forum posting rules and the posters were given infraction points and banned from posting.

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

This, so much this.

CDI sounded good, but nothing ever came of it. Our feedback really doesn’t matter at all.

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

If there’s a new WvW leadership at ANET, they can read the past CDIs topics. No need to make a new one.

[HUE]

in WvW

style.6173

If there’s a new WvW leadership at ANET, they can read the past CDIs topics. No need to make a new one.

Good idea. Link for us the CDI that discussed how season 3 should function.

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

Good idea. Link for us the CDI that discussed how season 3 should function.

No point making a season 3 before get some of things suggested on past CDIs in the game.

WvW is just broken right now.

[HUE]

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

haha. Surely you joke.

Nope.
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/devon-carver/3/999/8b9

in WvW

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

haha. Surely you joke.

Nope.

OMG. No wonder GW2 is so “awesome”. I just read the guy’s CV.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

in WvW

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

Guise, guise, let’s stop QQing. Anet has done a lot to respond to our suggestions in the past. I mean, I can now see my own commander tag over my head!

…wait a minute

Second Child

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Took them 18months to fix party options for wvw, something a monkey could have done in 10minutes – So guess we can see anything from CDI in a year ish.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

haha. Surely you joke.

Nope.

OMG. No wonder GW2 is so “awesome”. I just read the guy’s CV.

Yup … four years of German. No mention of software design.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Anubis.9346

Anubis.9346

Don’t worry guys, Camelot Unchained is coming, so you’ll see a bunch of update like they did for ESO

Anyway, I’m waiting for that game WITHOUT PVE !

Get Get [iNk] Insidious Blink

in WvW

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

Don’t worry guys, Camelot Unchained is coming, so you’ll see a bunch of update like they did for ESO

Anyway, I’m waiting for that game WITHOUT PVE !

It’s still a while away.

If ANet doesn’t commit to WvW and the community in a big way, CU is going to decimate the core WvW population… to zero. Frankly my mind is already made up.

WvW will then be attended by PvE heroes, running “their build”, it will be a fantastic sight of bearbow rangers and other random useless builds with zero synergy or practicality. And people who don’t know how to dodge, and use the turn keys. I might stick around a few weeks to see this hilarious transformation.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.