Why does BG always zerg? Here's why.

in WvW

Posted by: Skooma.3459

Skooma.3459

So, I’ve been playing on BG since season start and one thing I’ve noticed especially in pure T1 matchup (JQ vs BG vs SOR) is that it’s almost impossible to 1v1 roam unless you’re a thief or mesmer or in some cases a warrior, and that’s only certain builds. Why? Because everyone feels the need to roam in 5-15 man groups if not in the blob.

I’ve been reading a lot lately about people QQing about BG blobbing too much. Here’s why. We try to 1-2 man roam all the time. I see groups all the time trying, only to give up within 30 minutes due to JQ and SOR bringing 15 man groups to the fight. Every now and then, the BG roamers will find a small SOR or JQ roaming party of less than 5 players. But it’s roughly a 95% chance that those <5 parties will call in guildies to assist. It has happened almost every single time I’ve personally tried to engage for a straight up 1v1 or 2v2 ect fight. Down someone? 6 players of same guild tag come within 1 minute to assist.

I’m sure that BG does it too. We have a few guilds specializing in 10 man roaming. But if you every wonder to yourself “man, why does BG always have to blob up?” that’s why. We try and try and try to get small fights in 1v1. But JQ and SOR always want to bring at least double the number to win. You can call this a QQ post if you want. I consider it more of a plea of frustration. Stop bringing large groups to small fights, even if you lose it’s all for fun. Whats the fun of steamrolling 1 player with 20? Or dying to 20 players when you’re solo roaming? You guys stop, we’ll stop.

I cannot even count how many times the entire 40-60 man JQ blob or SOR blob has trained me on various characters across the map. One such occasion on BGBL, the entire JQ zerg followed me from NE camp to bay, only for me to U-turn back to NE camp (this on my gs warrior). They followed me the entire team, even when I u-turned, not stopping to cap anything only to kill the 1 single warrior. That, is why we blob so much.

in WvW

Skooma.3459

Just now, having a good 1v1 with a JQ engineer for about 3 minutes. Then he brings 4 of his guildies in to kill me. That is what I’m talking about guys…

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

So a bg player complaining about others’ zergs? You do realize that your server has the most players, right?

OP’d thief, lol

in WvW

Skooma.3459

Yes, I do. But a lot of the players here enjoy small fights, but are forced into blobbing due to JQ and SOR needing to win with heavier numbers. We don’t mind dying or being out manned (yes we’ve been having the out manned buff A LOT lately). It’s that we are forced to blob up to do anything due to other blobs. And other servers always complain about BG blobs.

As I said, we only blob because we are forced to due to JQ and SOR needing blobs to compete. I’m sure if we had the choice, we would have half as many blobs and twice as many roamers. Just by seeing how things are now. Even tho we constantly being steam rolled by JQ and SOR blobs and being out manned, we still try to roam.

in WvW

Skooma.3459

And again, 1v1ing a mesmer and the JQ blob diverts course completely just to jump in and melt me before making almost a u-turn to continue back on their way. It’s not a matter of numbers, it’s a matter of terrible sportsmanship. Respect small fights, not everyone wants to blob and die in 2 seconds.

in WvW

Posted by: Eloquence.5207

Eloquence.5207

Welcome to Bandwagon Guild.

“L2P” according to pr0 Thieves
http://youtu.be/k0YDuSLXcX8?t=3m16s
See, Blinding Powder is nothing.

in WvW

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

Heh 5-15 man groups is everybody we got on the bl combined on devonas rest.

in WvW

Posted by: MFWIC.6091

MFWIC.6091

Well I was on FA since the launch. Before summer I transferred to BG. Just needed a little change and figured maybe T1 server is a good idea. It wasn’kittens just a blob fest where solo roaming is next to impossible. Moved back to FA as soon as I made enough money for transfer. I guess being T1 has its flaws.

Gladiator of Fort Kickasspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

I encourage all BG players to share their frustration on the topic of dying in WvW. But don’t limit it just to this forum, try joining party with the JQ players that kill you and expressing how sad it makes you to us personally. I think you will find us to be very receptive to your concerns and willing to listen.

in WvW

Posted by: alopex.4625

alopex.4625

You are most likely a minority on BG so especially for your kind Anet has created the Obsidian Sanctuary to keep you alive :p

in WvW

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

It’s almost as though bandwagoning has resulted in a massive surplus of players that end up forming larger groups. Who would ever have expected that?!?!

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

All 3 T1 servers utilize blobs. They all do it. BG. JQ. SoR. Their “havoc” groups are nothing more than volunteers who x’d up on map chat to temporarily leave the blob to go flip a camp or something. When they can’t achieve it, they’ll inform their commander who will then proceed to bring the zerg to that location.

BG is definitely slightly better than the two because they actually have real roamers but man am I disappointed in some of your larger NA guilds………

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Transfer to a lower tier. Seriously. No, really.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

From what I saw in T1, SoR and BG do some solo roaming but BG mostly does groups around 5. Then JQ actively avoid 1v1 fights (at all costs).

But if you’re in T1, accept that you’re there to blob. No matter how you do the division, there’s too many people to successfully solo roam except for a mesmer or thief, maybe warrior.

The T1 roaming “meta” is way different from tiers 2 and under where you start more full zerk builds or other classes that would get run over 1vx.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Eh, I don’t really feel the same way as the OP. It’s very possible to find small scale fights. 1v1s even. It’s just that I’m so often on my zerg build characters so I try avoid those fights if possible, since I can’t deal enough damage/condi pressure to kill the opponent and it takes them like 5 minutes to try and kill me (unless it’s a mesmer). Not worth it.

The rare occasions I do go roaming, I often find groups of 2-3 to fight. Even if it is 1v2-3, it’s still pretty fun.

BTW SoR and JQ, you guys need more roamers. Seriously. I’m also not talking about a group of 10-15 camping outside a keep. That’s not roaming. That’s just being useless.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: TehHobNob.4687

TehHobNob.4687

In all fairness WvW isn’t ever going to be designed to be fair. I mean 1v1 will stay 1v1 and no other players will interrupt. Its not always going to happen mate. Yeah sure I’ve wanted to try roaming but hanging with my guildies is more fun and gets more accomplished. If we do have small mans its only for porting into a tower or keep or bloodlust. Even then we are always calling for more people. The reason for that is… more people…… step 2……. profit! I dunno I see what you are saying but please don’t blame it on other servers or play the victim…. all 3 are going to do whatever it takes to win in teir 1 and more numbers is the how. As for a whole zerg chasing you down from NE camp to bay…. I doubt it but hey its troll-ish and funny and maybe someone recognized you. Point being…. we are all masochists….. and Its a good time. Just enjoy it for what it is man. Its not going anywhere and don’t listen to all the whiners about your server. Think about WvW like this. If BG, SOR, and JQ didn’t have each other… we would all be so bored. See ya out there. GLHF

Pancakes
Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

SoR here. I go solo sometimes, but I rarely do it for long, since I tend to get attacked by groups of 5 to 15 players from BG and JQ.

Funny how that works… the fact is that a good small team is stronger than the combined of individual players. One of the funnest things I can do in WvW is to run around with a small havoc group, since with good coordination we can take out enemy squads that are more than twice our size.

The average MMO player is fairly basic at their heart. They want to do 3 things in WvW: Kill people, avoid being killed, and accomplish objectives. To do those things effectively, they’ll gather together in groups, since they have both power and safety in numbers. There will always be exceptions, such as solo thief gankers, guild vs. guild battles, but in general the strength in numbers is what causes players to gather up into groups. Whether it be a smaller team, or a gigantic, laggy zergfest.

Personally I prefer the small team. The battles between small teams are great, since there is enough people to make the fights look cool and feel important, but not so much that skills and actions take a backseat to spamming auto attack.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

BTW SoR and JQ, you guys need more roamers. Seriously. I’m also not talking about a group of 10-15 camping outside a keep. That’s not roaming. That’s just being useless.

Pass.

I’ve fed enough bags to Riot/OPp. There’s only so many times you can die to PU mesmers , perma stealth thieves and nike warriors before you get bored and find a new hobby.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

with an high numbered server u cant 1vs1 all the time
if u want a 1vs1 match just go in spvp

Engy:Turrets Nade/HgH Kit Bunker Zerker
Necro:MMMesmer:pve omniRanger:SpiritsThief:P/P

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Yes, BG had the Outnumbered Buff a lot this last week. That’s what made WvW a little more fun.

I’m part of a 4-man guild swat team on BG, and we ran into plenty of small groups from both SoR and JQ this last week. One was a havoc group we kept clashing with over and over. Good times.

Week before last, we teamed up with a well-known commander and the 5 us of did an Omega push that took SM in 5 minutes. That was pretty epic.

BG also has huge zergs. I would expect nothing less on any heavily populated server. Coordinating those zergs is always a trick. I suspect the same goes for SoR and JQ. We’ve seen those zergs in action.

Our little 4-man group got nailed a few times by a big zerg. That’s how it goes. We take risks. Sometime we have rewards (being able to ninja a keep or a tower right before the timer… sometimes as close as 19 seconds to go.) Those are always balanced by those times when we go up against 3 players trying to defend a keep and suddenly our screens “freeze” with particle effects from a blob landing on us “out of nowhere”. Sometimes, those are the funniest moments watching this epic swarming mass of kill coming after 4 players. YAR!!!!!

Then it’s a fun competition to see who among our little group lasts the longest. We are going to go down. No question. But if we can’t laugh about it, we’re not having fun. And if we’re not having fun, why bother being there?

There have been plenty of times we have run across 1-2 roamers.

And times when we’ve gotten walls or doors down and called for our own blob to come help.

We’ve never had an SoR or JQ zerg try to chase one of us down, even when some of us manage to escape.

@Skooma, sorry if that has not been your experience. Sounds like you enjoy the kind of WvW play that you might have a better chance finding either very late at night (past midnight PST) or in the early morning hours on BG.

@JQ and SoR: thanks for the fun these last 2 weeks, even when the blob train ran us over. See ya out there again and /bow.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

This isn’t something unique to BG/JQ/SoR. It’s the same on every server, in every tier, in both NA and EU.

For some reason roughly only 1 in 5 players have respect for a fair fight, while 4 in 5 just can’t stop themselves from chasing after 1 guy with 20 others. I’ve been chased from one side of the map to the other by zergs from tiers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. It’s the same everywhere.

There are just some very bored and frustrated people out there.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

(edited by Ragnar.4257)

in WvW

Posted by: LotuS.4378

LotuS.4378

amount of Q_Q from hamburgers is insane.

[INC] Incendies
http://incendies-guild.tk/

in WvW

Posted by: Myst.5783

Myst.5783

I use to do solo through 5man roaming on JQ, but it simply became too boring.

It was either ganking a couple random people, dodging deathblob lagsplosions, or getting chased by “t1 ‘havoc’ squads” of 20+ people. Good fights were far and few in between.

Currently vacationing in tPvP, its got its own issues, but at least we get more fights and more even fights.

Currently playing: Mesmer/Ele/Theif
JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Troj.7940

Troj.7940

This is the same nearly all servers, I have tried about 12 they are all the same NA > EU

Game is full of casual pvers who care more about loot than real pvp. The do not want sport, they pander to the pointless carrot on a stick anet rewards them with for zergings the kitten out of people with less numbers than them; if they die no biggy they are rezzed in seconds and can loot the bags.

ie The issue is downed state favoring larger numbers, AOE cap to give them invinciblity and the reward system.

END OF THREAD. No point in slandering individual servers when the mechanics govern the way this game is played.

in WvW

Troj.7940

Btw I have small scaled mostly to silver rank (600+) but when I login now I have no desire to even play WvW anymore as it’s lack of fair fights, sportmanship and the skill caps in place.

in WvW

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

I solo roam most of the time and always find plenty of 1v1 and 1v2 scenarios. My Ele can easily get away from Zerg if it gets gank.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in WvW

Troj.7940

Most of my fights consist of downing someone in a 1v2 or 1v3 totally outplaying them but them using downed state plus other stalling abilities to wait for more people who either kill me stomping or rezz up the person I have killed and force me to retreat.

I do this over and over until I realise its totally pointless and log.

This happens majority of fights, noone comes to fight me unless they have help in form or npcs or other players nearby. Why should they?

in WvW

Posted by: MFWIC.6091

MFWIC.6091

Most of my fights consist of downing someone in a 1v2 or 1v3 totally outplaying them but them using downed state plus other stalling abilities to wait for more people who either kill me stomping or rezz up the person I have killed and force me to retreat.

I do this over and over until I realise its totally pointless and log.

This happens majority of fights, noone comes to fight me unless they have help in form or npcs or other players nearby. Why should they?

teach me you ways master! I want to be as pro as you! But seriously, looks like you just came here to slob your own knob and look for people to join in on that

Gladiator of Fort Kickasspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

I am wondering what draws people to 5 hour Q’s, monster skillag and 80 man groups making you personally insignificant.

For points?
The rewardchest?
Being #1 out of hunderends?
A feeling of accomplishment? ^^

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in WvW

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

I am wondering what draws people to 5 hour Q’s, monster skillag and 80 man groups making you personally insignificant.

For points?
The rewardchest?
Being #1 out of hunderends?
A feeling of accomplishment? ^^

5 hour queues?!?! T1 is a lot different after leagues. SoR maybe queues a single map during NA prime. I’m pretty sure JQ is the same way. Lag, outisde of EB, is almost gone off the maps now with no queues.

I know people hate to admit it, but this WvW game mode is on its deathbed.

in WvW

Posted by: Paxus.6543

Paxus.6543

Unless all servers realize that the only way the super blob is ever going to stop is if every single server actively makes it stop. And unfortunately I do not see that happening. The zones are too small, it is too easy to get from point A to point B and commander tags make it way too easy for folks to stay in one giant blob. If they could get rid of commander tags or make them only viewable by guildies and expand the zone it might help a little bit but I dont see that happening. I for one would rather have good fights between groups of 15-20 all day long rather than running around and pvdoor or zerg groups of 15-20 with 40-50 in 5 seconds.
Without a doubt ArenaNet has made the blob meta very possible but what really drives it is the player base that continues to embrace this type of game play and it does not seem that folks mind it all that much.

in WvW

Posted by: Canguro.5768

Canguro.5768

after leagues best wvw experience is in T2, not as much blobing as T1 but still a lot of large scale fights. T1 is just one massive blob running around on every map and T3 is full of ACs, before the season T3 was way cooler.

Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Yes, I do. But a lot of the players here enjoy small fights, but are forced into blobbing due to JQ and SOR needing to win with heavier numbers. We don’t mind dying or being out manned (yes we’ve been having the out manned buff A LOT lately). It’s that we are forced to blob up to do anything due to other blobs. And other servers always complain about BG blobs.

As I said, we only blob because we are forced to due to JQ and SOR needing blobs to compete. I’m sure if we had the choice, we would have half as many blobs and twice as many roamers. Just by seeing how things are now. Even tho we constantly being steam rolled by JQ and SOR blobs and being out manned, we still try to roam.

you mean BG roaming? ie fight until I can run to guards,keep, zerg? Don’t pin your servers short comings on us. You saying if jq/sor didn’t zerg BG wouldn’t zerg is like saying if we make guns illegal criminals wont use them.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

after leagues best wvw experience is in T2, not as much blobing as T1 but still a lot of large scale fights. T1 is just one massive blob running around on every map and T3 is full of ACs, before the season T3 was way cooler.

Off hour SEA-EU T1 is awesome. 1 30~40 man float team for 3 borderlands, 1 30~40 man zerg in EBG. SoR seems to have gotten some new guilds and players recently for SEA timezone (just saw a guild tag “BAD”. Where the hell did they come from? Fielding 30~ish at that timezone?), and JQ has always been strong in that timezone so none of the 3 servers “pvdoor” (though when your rams go down and there’s no supply left, there’s not much left to do if you want to take that tower or keep XD).

I don’t think there’s any difference between T1 and T2 during NA prime though. Even during NA prime, T1 can field zergs for 3 of the 4 maps max. Maybe 2 of the maps will be queued (home BL and EBG) if we’re lucky.

There’s definitely a difference in perception between the 3 T1 servers in what roaming and havocing is though. BG trends towards smaller numbers for both. We also have quite a few guilds that strictly run tagless with no more than 30 people (JINX, APeX, MERC, Blk, HB, Omen just to name a few), which is very different to how SoR operates, at least. JQ has a few guilds that run tagless, but as far as I know, not as many as BG, though they get their militia to run really tight regardless (yeah, I jelly of your pugs).

But hey, I see the meta in T1 changing. I’m seeing more guilds in both SOR and JQ run separately and tagless. Makes for an exciting time in T1 WvW.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

playing the PPT game includes discouraging people from entering your BL.

if you want 1v1 fights go to OS

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

I have to agree with the OP.

From just a fellow zergling perception, SoR forms the biggest blobs. They don’t form a lot of blobs, just one mega huge blob that floats between maps.

I am not talking 20 to 30. I am talking 50 to 60, easily. When you reach such a critical mass it doesn’t matter how coordinated and synergized your guild raid is, you are forced to team with your other guilds on the same map to deal with that one.

JQ honestly just has good coverage. They are not a threat in the open field at all. You see a 40 man JQ blob, just keep going because they will all drop most likely. If they don’t, they honestly survived because of numbers. I know that sounds like a cop out, but JQs open field tactic is literally split up and spread out. That tactic seriously only works if you out number your enemy, otherwise it is easy pickings for equal size groups.

TL;DR
SoR = One huge mega blob (50-60) floating between maps during NA timezone. This forces BGs guild on the map they are on to band together and pincering SoRs megablob. After SoRs megablob wipes, it floats to a different BL.
JQ = All coverage. Their blobs melt pretty easily unless they outnumber you extremely. Their coverage pretty much makes their server float instead of sink. Every tower you attack always has defenders in it, thus making it hard for 5 to 10 man teams to take during off hours.

Queues? What queues? You mean the occassional 5 minute queue for BG? Or the usual reset night queue? Exactly….

That is T1 NA in a nutshell.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

in WvW

Burl.9567

SoR = One huge mega blob (50-60) floating between maps during NA timezone. This forces BGs guild on the map they are on to band together and pincering SoRs megablob. After SoRs megablob wipes, it floats to a different BL.

You couldn’t be more wrong. We don’t have a 60 man float group that hops BLs at a whim. I’d love to know what guilds you think participate in this “60 man float group” that you claim we have.

in WvW

Posted by: Serkz.3140

Serkz.3140

OP I hear you. BG is actually the least “blobby” in tier 1.

But despite its flaws, I’m so happy we have wvw as a pvp option. Spent an hour in spvp hotjoin and ended up getting zerged 4v1, 5v1 by rabbit ranked noobs that kept chasing me instead of capping. And yes, one of them was a condi longbow ranger. Hotjoin is such an ungodly mess that it makes wvw seem like the closest thing to gaming perfection.

80 ele | wolf rank | Bgate

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

You couldn’t be more wrong. We don’t have a 60 man float group that hops BLs at a whim. I’d love to know what guilds you think participate in this “60 man float group” that you claim we have.

Don’t be so defensive, you know everyone in T1 can’t count…Also these large float teams happen on all servers through out different time zones. SoR has ran some huge float teams but so has JQ and BG…

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: kyro.8162

kyro.8162

For the guy who was wondering, BAD came from CD.

Sanctum of Rall
New Namek [Kami]
Guardian/Ele/Warrior/Engi/Mes/Necro/Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

Don’t be so defensive, you know everyone in T1 can’t count…Also these large float teams happen on all servers through out different time zones. SoR has ran some huge float teams but so has JQ and BG…

That’s just it though. The only guild that I see consistently tag up is Icoa.

All other guilds on BG run tagless and are guild raids. Even LP in SEA runs tagless a lot.

And all honesty, the SoR mega blob that floats isn’t one guild at all. It is literally the map zerg with a bunch of random guild tags.

It usually forms up around EU timezone slot on weekends and as it hits NA it floats way way less.

I am not QQ. I am on BG so really there isn’t anything for me to QQ about. I am just telling it from my perspective and what I have experienced playing WvW 12 hours a day Saturday and Sunday every other weekend.

During the week it is a bit different, minus floating.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

in WvW

Burl.9567

All other guilds on BG run tagless and are guild raids. Even LP in SEA runs tagless a lot.

And all honesty, the SoR mega blob that floats isn’t one guild at all. It is literally the map zerg with a bunch of random guild tags.

It usually forms up around EU timezone slot on weekends and as it hits NA it floats way way less.

I am not QQ. I am on BG so really there isn’t anything for me to QQ about. I am just telling it from my perspective and what I have experienced playing WvW 12 hours a day Saturday and Sunday every other weekend.

That’s the zerg that forms up pre NA and post EU with the sole intent of attempting to paper everything it can to make NA less about sieging T3 keeps and bringing us more fights. Certain NA guilds on BG refuse to leave keeps if they are T3, especially after wiping to a force half their size earlier in the night. I can’t say much for JQ lately as we haven’t been fighting them all that much. They usually stay on their side of the map.

in WvW

Posted by: Gully.7358

Gully.7358

Most of the roamers on tier 1 know each other and we on BG have the most of them. The other problem that comes with it is that most roamers don’t like to move far from their own spawn areas due to the long run. Because of that, a lot of roamers fight in the same area which makes it look like they are all running together.

Truth be told, we struggle to find groups to fight and when we do it’ll take about 10 minutes before those groups leave the map. And with the current state of the game, those that don’t run with the zerg are tower, keep or guard humpers.

The wvw scene has gotten a lot more blobby again and it’s because a lot of the peeps that normally like to run smaller numbers have been looking at other games…. Like wildstar, battlefield4, ect…

Veretta • Guildleader of [oPP] Over Powered PeopleBlackgate
http://www.gw2opp.comhttp://www.youtube.com/user/oppveretta

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Off hour SEA-EU T1 is awesome. 1 30~40 man float team for 3 borderlands, 1 30~40 man zerg in EBG. SoR seems to have gotten some new guilds and players recently for SEA timezone (just saw a guild tag “BAD”. Where the hell did they come from?

Like the guy above said Crystal Desert.

There’s definitely a difference in perception between the 3 T1 servers in what roaming and havocing is though. BG trends towards smaller numbers for both. We also have quite a few guilds that strictly run tagless with no more than 30 people (JINX, APeX, MERC, Blk, HB, Omen just to name a few), which is very different to how SoR operates, at least..

In OC time when I see Merc and Omen, whilst they may be tagless they are still in big groups, sometimes more than 30. Our OC guilds aren’t big enough to complete with that on their own.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Zikory.6871

I can’t really say for other guilds but I have been seeing a lot of new commanders around (New as in not the normal commanders) For KnT we have been trying to a bit of both tagging up and running tagless. Really depends on the time and if there are any other groups on. A few nights ago in oc/sea KnT had the only commander up on 3 maps and was floating so we gathered quite the large force with only about 20 KnT. Sadly with out other commanders on other maps to spread out those numbers or going tagless it was unavoidable. Though at the time JQ seemed to be doing the same thing.

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

If you want small group fights, my guess is go to a low tier server. Now I’m sure they probably zerg and blob around as well, but not nearly to the extent the higher tier servers do.

I started off on a low tier server and I remember the first time I entered WvW, the biggest group I ever saw was about 10 people on our side. The biggest enemy group I saw was about 15-20. More often than not, the groups were 3-5 people.

If players are really serious about roaming either solo or in small groups, they need to be in the lower tier servers.

in WvW

Gully.7358

Lower tiers offer fights for only a few hours, simply don’t have the 24/7 coverage and the pace is a lot lower. Most of us roaming folk love tier 1 but nobody can deny that the blobs have been getting a lot bigger.

Also most maps have become quite stale, I can roam around on a map for 5-6 hours and just keep bumping into the same bored blob while the rest of the map is empty.

I’m not complaining, just sharing what I see… I love hanging out in the middle of blobs.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Most people play only for a few hours. :p

Doesn’t have to be “low tier”, just “lower tier”.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Zikory.6871

Lower tiers offer fights for only a few hours, simply don’t have the 24/7 coverage and the pace is a lot lower. Most of us roaming folk love tier 1 but nobody can deny that the blobs have been getting a lot bigger.

Quoting for context, It is true that the blobs are getting bigger but its no one servers fault really. During seasons the blobs were smaller because a map would consist of a “map commander” which would lead most the pugs on the map and then the smaller guilded groups could run freely untagged.

Problem now is that guilds are running tagless to strengthen there guild core or any other number of reasons and a lot of commanders are taking “breaks” tagging up less. So now all the pugs end up in a float team with the 1 commander willing to lead them all. This leads to 1 massive force hopping from map to map in 1 group. Its obvious the same thing is happening on JQ and SoR.

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

Gully.7358

Pass.

I’ve fed enough bags to Riot/OPp. There’s only so many times you can die to PU mesmers , perma stealth thieves and nike warriors before you get bored and find a new hobby.

Sorry Peetee, don’t get discourage man! You’ll be happy to know that most of us are currently running much smaller groups then before too. Just can’t really afford to go bigger then 3 with these blobs.

We do have a lot of nike warriors; mainly because of the mobility. Kind of need that when fighting these blobs. One of our guys plays a necro and it gets frustrating just watching him get run over by a 40-50 man blob because there just isn’t a way out for ’m.

As for perma stealth and PU, most of the guys in my guild don’t play it because they actually hate those kind of builds themselves. We were all hoping that some of these changes on the 10th of December would fix this but it has only made it worse, go figure!