Why is JQ and SoR playing dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Sam Gem.1246

Sam Gem.1246

Why is JQ and SoR playing dead? I mean, JQ was doing well for the first few days, then I hear SoS was bought by BG. SoR didn’t cooperate after a few days. Why is this happening?

in WvW

Posted by: nerovergil.5408

nerovergil.5408

Because they got kittenhurt by Bg

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Because nobody cares?

in WvW

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

Yes, let’s ask all of WvW population and see what everyone’s view on the subject is. I’m sure we’ll get plenty of deep and insightful post about “Buy Wars 2”.

[DONE]

in WvW

Ross Biddle.2367

Yes, let’s ask all of WvW population and see what everyone’s view on the subject is. I’m sure we’ll get plenty of deep and insightful post about “Buy Wars 2”.

lol

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

Bribe Gate? Buy Gate?

OP’d thief, lol

in WvW

Posted by: Drexciyian.9453

Drexciyian.9453

idk something to do with BG buying a guild off SOR maybe

BOON Control

in WvW

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

BG #1 Bic Boi

15char

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Traejan.1729

Traejan.1729

Basically this.

Also, they’re mad that the “3rd seed” server going into season matches won which I’m sure will result in a lot of ppl taking a permanent break from this game lol.

Proud member of [RUST] IRON TEARS

in WvW

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

Basically this.

Also, they’re mad that the “3rd seed” server going into season matches won which I’m sure will result in a lot of ppl taking a permanent break from this game lol.

People who outside of T1 and to an extent BG-ers are more upset than JQ or SoR about the situation. I thank all you lower tiers for looking up so highly to us Rallians.

[DONE]

(edited by Keiel.7489)

in WvW

Posted by: Doug.4930

Doug.4930

Why is JQ and SoR playing dead? I mean, JQ was doing well for the first few days, then I hear SoS was bought by BG. SoR didn’t cooperate after a few days. Why is this happening?

Simple. JQ was given an easy matchup. Before I explain, its worthy to take note that JQ has a massive pve pop. Now, because of the easy matchup JQ was given all these “pve kids” jumped into WvW to join the never ending karma train and get easy achievement points. Thats all WvW was on jq for the past month. 5 hr queue’s and karma train. Now in the latest matchup we’re fighting bg. When fighting bg, there is no karma train. You actually have to defend stuff!!! Not just flip sm whenever you feel like it. So, with the karma train gone, all the pve players went back to pve. We’ve lost out blob. Yes, im on JQ. The queue for eb atm is either hotjoin or 10 mins max. Contrasts to the past few weeks where its been 3 hrs minimum.

TL;DR
JQ blob = Pve players. Pve players karma train. BG = a need to defend stuff. Defending = no loot or karma. Pve players go back to frost forge.

PS: to add salt to the injury bg has been buying/renting guilds left right and center. At one point, they bribed an sos guild so focus us. Not that im complaining, there are no rules in war.

Doug The Unseen Of Homefront Defenders [HD]

Jade Quarry’s dedicated Roaming/Havoc Squad Guild

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Hi Doug,

Can you name any or all of the guilds Blackgate “bought” and the amounts paid? Also can you clarify your definition of “bought” under this context so we can keep things clear. Looking forward to your insight on the matter.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Sam Gem.1246

Sam Gem.1246

Simple. JQ was given an easy matchup. Before I explain, its worthy to take note that JQ has a massive pve pop. Now, because of the easy matchup JQ was given all these “pve kids” jumped into WvW to join the never ending karma train and get easy achievement points. Thats all WvW was on jq for the past month. 5 hr queue’s and karma train. Now in the latest matchup we’re fighting bg. When fighting bg, there is no karma train. You actually have to defend stuff!!! Not just flip sm whenever you feel like it. So, with the karma train gone, all the pve players went back to pve. We’ve lost out blob. Yes, im on JQ. The queue for eb atm is either hotjoin or 10 mins max. Contrasts to the past few weeks where its been 3 hrs minimum.

TL;DR
JQ blob = Pve players. Pve players karma train. BG = a need to defend stuff. Defending = no loot or karma. Pve players go back to frost forge.

PS: to add salt to the injury bg has been buying/renting guilds left right and center. At one point, they bribed an sos guild so focus us. Not that im complaining, there are no rules in war.

Oh, you mean like they have always been? Hmmm, it makes me wonder how JQ was the best server before the season started with the best all-time performance…

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Shrug, I’m happy to see BG winning like this.

Queues aren’t fun to deal with nor are hyper aggressive commanders. We’ve lost both as a result of the league, SoR is in a better place than it was before the start of the league. Significantly smaller but better, in my opinion anyway.

Hopefully a few Blackgate guilds relocate after the end to liven up the leagues a bit for round 2 but I’m not going to cry a tear if they don’t.

Having a blast this week against Mag and TC who are now showing up and fighting us as we don’t massively outnumber them anymore. The PPT from Sunday on has been back and forth, it’s great.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

BG resorted to buying a win. They got it. Enjoy your lopsided victory.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in WvW

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Tell us how you feel.

elite specs ruined pvp.

in WvW

Posted by: Seian.6403

Seian.6403

Tell us how you feel.

lol

in WvW

Posted by: DonCorleoneCS.3549

DonCorleoneCS.3549

lettuce beef burrito, SoR rolled BG for months before the season started and outside of waha hours JQ wasn’t a threat to them either. the season brought about a whole different style of wvw strategy that only BG took advantage; 24/7 coverage and forced double teams

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Well this is new and exciting ….

in WvW

Posted by: Alkaholic.3875

Alkaholic.3875

Can someone please explain the buying? How does a guild get bought? WTF pays for the transfers?

in WvW

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

I’ll keep it short and simple

It is very discouraging when you know ZD gonna log in and PvDoor everything to paper and widen the lead by 5k PPT. It’s just hurt the morale so much

I don’t know why BG feels the need to get another gigantic guild, week 1 was a good week and it seems the 3 server are pretty balance but when BG “recruit” another big guild, things just go downhill from there

in WvW

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

Hello,

I did some checking with MOS. With BG vs SOR with another T2 server, BG had significantly more wins. I’m afraid you’re gravely mistaken with your statement.

FW

lettuce beef burrito, SoR rolled BG for months before the season started and outside of waha hours JQ wasn’t a threat to them either. the season brought about a whole different style of wvw strategy that only BG took advantage; 24/7 coverage and forced double teams

[SoX] – JQ

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Having a blast this week against Mag and TC who are now showing up and fighting us as we don’t massively outnumber them anymore. The PPT from Sunday on has been back and forth, it’s great.

This ^^. I really only care about the battles during NA since that is when I play. The past couple of nights, all 3 servers have been ticking in the 200s at time. That leads to good fights.

Only a very few people really care about the overall scoreboard. What matters is whether it is fun for them when they play.

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

The poster apparently hasn’t given a rip about WvW until the season started and seems to be a SoR fanboy with little insight on the realities of how Gold League is laid out and how much a difference coverage makes.

BTW: SoS was not bought off, unless you can prove that; in which case I got to find out what they did with my cut.

in WvW

Posted by: ptitminou.6489

ptitminou.6489

More like BG countered and destroyed the main SoR tactic. They even told those who would listen in lower tiers, look at FC in Bronze which was led by a SoR commander.

BG also has a better night team than JQ which means they will always win, no matter how hard JQ tries, coverage > all. During the weekend JQ was in the lead because players could play a bit of overtime. I doubt though that they bought guilds, thinking they had to buy out anyone is a great demonstration of ignorance toward the general MMO PvP crowd, whose mantra is “Where it’s easiest, I shall go”.

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten
Because censorship is the most important part of the MMO business.

in WvW

Posted by: Force.2841

Force.2841

SoS was bought by BG LOL? This lets me know you have not been in WvW at all. Who paid you to come and say all these lies? Agg and NS transferred from JQ to SoS to help JQ put pressure on BG without taking up slots. So far from what I’ve seen is Agg tricking the people of SOS into attacking BG and do you know why? Because if JQ wins, Agg and NS still get 1st prize even if their in SoS as according to the League rules.

To answer your question and this has always been my personal opinion. A good amount of ppl in wvw are pve players or as people call them pugs. People always say their guild has 100+ but I have never seen anyone guild actually field max numbers on a map. You see a mix of everything, 10 from this guild, 20 from that guild, 15 pugs, etc. When you start losing, the pugs just lose faith in you and you start seeing Guilds like MERC only running with 25ppl and no pve/pug support to help with numbers.

in WvW

Zikory.6871

BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY. BUY him, BUY that, BUY that guild, BUY those guys over there, BUY his family, BUY his cousins, BUY his pets, BUY his house, BUY the bank, BUY more, BUY his cousin cousins, BUY superior arrow carts, BUY 2 v 1, lose open field fights, and kitten we have queues 24/7.
-Blackgate moto

Excuse me Sir/Ma’am,

The Blackgate Motto as been trademarked, we will be expecting payment for your use of said motto by the end of the match up. You can make all payments to the “warchest”

Thanks for helping us procure more funds for any future venture.

Buy Buy Buy

Attachments:

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Kind of sad that players on servers need to resort to insults when they lose. I had thought we all moved beyond that after middle school. Think about this: was the Euro guild already planning to come to BG and gold was offered to help for transfers after the fact? I say if accusations are going to be made about any server, there needs to be substantial evidence to support the claim.

in WvW

Posted by: Faid.6128

Faid.6128

TL;DR

+1 to this poster for an actual well thought out analysis of what JQ has been facing the last few weeks.

-10 for the buying guilds left right and center comment. While its true a well known Russian guild did transfer in and upset the power balance by papering most keeps and towers every night and thus making the EU and NA jobs much tougher, they have repeatedly stated they were not bought to come over. Sure, there’s a ton of forum posts talking about how BG bought all these guilds, but funny how nobody can name them. As a BG member for 7-8 months, I can think of only one other guild (COIN) that has come over that has significantly impacted WvW in the NA timezone at least, and that was weeks before leagues started. That’s not to short sell smaller guilds that have arrived who contribute just as much, but the major WvW guilds in my opinion are all native or long time BG guilds, and that clearly negates the viability of buying guilds to win claims.

I get it, we’ve all been on the receiving end of logging on to find all those T3 keeps we
built are gone. Its frustrating and easy to look for explanations like our opponent must have bought their way to victory, but that is both shortsighted and ignorant. It is also ignorant to make an accusation that an SOS guild was bribed to attack you when in fact that guild had just transferred off your server and the night previously had targeted BG and posted on the forums how they were handing off newly captured keeps to JQ.

I don’t think you were trolling, but I don’t think you have your facts correct either.

ATac/OnS
Axis Of Insurrection Alliance
Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

More like BG countered and destroyed the main SoR tactic. They even told those who would listen in lower tiers, look at FC in Bronze which was led by a SoR commander.

no single person leads fc nor do i recall any of our current commanders being from sor. i know 1 person from sor who is a commander there but does not command on fc. were too frustrating for him. its literally a different game.

umad, and idk y

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

SoS was bought by BG LOL? This lets me know you have not been in WvW at all. Who paid you to come and say all these lies? Agg and NS transferred from JQ to SoS to help JQ put pressure on BG without taking up slots. So far from what I’ve seen is Agg tricking the people of SOS into attacking BG and do you know why? Because if JQ wins, Agg and NS still get 1st prize even if their in SoS as according to the League rules.

I just thought I’d chime in here, to put this to rest if anyone else thinks Agg or NS gives two rips about Season rewards, and that they transferred to SoS during week 1, with the foresight that in a month they could help JQ beat BG in an important match. Hogwash. While I don’t know the exact reasons, I know it had nothing to do with the above. It was probably to avoid the Season 1 queues and find some fights each night. That’s how they play, backed up by their many many server moves over the past months. Also, they focused JQ on Monday night, which I watched on their stream. They avoided their corner on BGBL, which BG held, and moved straight over to JQ’s corner and hit them repeatedly. Why? Because that’s what they wanted to do that night and thought it would be fun. The previous night, they focused BG and handed JQ some of our structures. Again, because that’s what they decided would be fun that night.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

(edited by Liquid.9672)

in WvW

Ross Biddle.2367

Hi Doug,

Can you name any or all of the guilds Blackgate “bought” and the amounts paid? Also can you clarify your definition of “bought” under this context so we can keep things clear. Looking forward to your insight on the matter.

Why do you get so offended when, in terms of playing to win, it was the soundest strategy to win the league?

in WvW

Liquid.9672

Hi Doug,

Why do you get so offended when, in terms of playing to win, it was the soundest strategy to win the league?

He didn’t sound offended to me. Zikory asked an honest question, which so far Doug has failed to answer.

[KnT] – Blackgate

(edited by Liquid.9672)

in WvW

Posted by: ptitminou.6489

ptitminou.6489

Hi Doug,

Why are you so mad that they are winning, so mad that you believe that they had to get help. I would understand if all of a sudden the whole WvW crowd would have flooded over to AR, that maybe something was fishy. Blackgate however is the prime destination for any bandwagonner and it’s not like they lacked players in the first place.

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten
Because censorship is the most important part of the MMO business.

in WvW

Zikory.6871

Hi Doug,

Hi Ross,

I’m going to assume your use of the word “you” you’re generalizing the Blackgate populous. Which is understandable, there are quite a lot of dedicated members of Blackgate that take a lot of pride in our server and community. Regardless of how any guild or player got to Blackgate, they are treated as if they are family and defended as such.

If you’re implying that I’m offended, you may want to consider brushing up on your reading comprehension skills. I am merely asking what knowledge Doug has on the matter. As far as I can tell he is just like every one else that reads “BG bought guilds” and jumps on the bandwagon. If you or anyone that wants to fill me in on what guilds Blackgate bought and what the rates were, I would be quite interested.

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Psykoyul.9147

Psykoyul.9147

Kind of sad that players on servers need to resort to insults when they lose. I had thought we all moved beyond that after middle school. Think about this: was the Euro guild already planning to come to BG and gold was offered to help for transfers after the fact? I say if accusations are going to be made about any server, there needs to be substantial evidence to support the claim.

What you are getting wrong is that ZDs (why is noone naming them?) is NOT a Euro guild. They are Russians ans therefore play in a timezone that is “in between”. When there is absolutely no organised opposition except eventually other russian guilds… which are not on US servers.
That being said and except for the week end, they face either violent and vicious doors or bunch of valiant pug. And I hope that we all know that as valiant as it can be, a bunch of PUG cannot win against a well organised optimised guild raid of 25-30+followers.

Once we get this right… BG simply outplayed everyone, congrats to them. It was mainly on the “diplomacy and transfer” field but we all knew that this was gonna be a decisive field to win the league.
So, without any kind of bitterness, well played BG and see you on the battlefield.

GM of Soul Reapers [SR] JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

Wait a minute…

…there are still players out there that think getting first in points means they are the best pvp server?

lulz

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

in WvW

Liquid.9672

Wait a minute…

…there are still players out there that think getting first in points means they are the best pvp server?

lulz

I don’t believe anyone said or implied that in this thread.

[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

TL;DR

This may be right, but its unfounded. From what we have seen of T1 servers who have break periods like this, they have always come back to T1 much stronger. I believe the last time SOR beat BG, it was the week after SOR was in T2 and the last time JQ beat BG it was after coming back from T2. Everytime we faced JQ or SOR after they came back from T2 it felt like it was tired and drained BG vs a morale boosted fresh server who came back to fight.

The biggest effect I see on the current success of BG is that BG commanders, guilds and players have been putting in extreme overtime into the game to fill the coverage gaps. Whilst SOR and JQ have from my observation, not been putting in the same level of OT to fill their gaps (exceptions ofc).

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

This ^^. I really only care about the battles during NA since that is when I play. The past couple of nights, all 3 servers have been ticking in the 200s at time. That leads to good fights.

Only a very few people really care about the overall scoreboard. What matters is whether it is fun for them when they play.

That’s the right attitude. T1 servers need to stop their arms race paying guilds to transfer, even just transfer fees. Why do they want more guilds to transfer when it just leads to boring fights with no numerical competition?

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Well at least we can say leagues have cemented the glaring flaws in the current wvw scoring systems. Maybe this is what was needed for Anet to get the info they need to proceed with making something better.

in the mean time I will be waiting for edge of the mist and when it comes out I will spend my time there and let someone who cares more for PPT take my spot in the borderlands.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

This is the equivalent of shooting someone in the leg and asking why they won’t stand up.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Well at least we can say leagues have cemented the glaring flaws in the current wvw scoring systems. Maybe this is what was needed for Anet to get the info they need to proceed with making something better.

in the mean time I will be waiting for edge of the mist and when it comes out I will spend my time there and let someone who cares more for PPT take my spot in the borderlands.

I just had a vision of the future. EoM queued for 5 hours on Maguuma, no queues elsewhere; FA has queues on all maps but EoM.

in WvW

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

I just had a vision of the future. EoM queued for 5 hours on Maguuma, no queues elsewhere; FA has queues on all maps but EoM.

Well considering you can’t queue EoM, I think that would be a unfulfilled dream.

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

A combination of SoR/JQ dropping the ball, BG playing to win by putting in massive overtime, BG collaborating with SoS (was kinda funny hearing about SoS spawn camping SoR lol) and the purchase of ZDs (ZDs only paid 3k of their own gold, rest was funded by BG).

in WvW

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

A combination of SoR/JQ dropping the ball, BG playing to win by putting in massive overtime, BG collaborating with SoS (was kinda funny hearing about SoS spawn camping SoR lol) and the purchase of ZDs (ZDs only paid 3k of their own gold, rest was funded by BG).

Care to cite your sources for the last two items (SoS and ZD)?

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

I think the majority of us forum readers are really getting tired of t1 conspiracy drama. The fact of the matter is BG has more coverage during the week than JQ, and SoR hasn’t done well since the 2nd matchup with BG.

in WvW

Posted by: Elektrolysis.1569

Elektrolysis.1569

The points system in WvW seriously needs overhauling. I find it ludicrous that the victor is usually determined by how much coverage a server has during off-peak hours (aka nightcapping). It’s pretty demoralizing when your server is on top during peak hours and holding several T3 keeps only to get home from work the next day to find that all the progress the server made was lost overnight or during working hours simply because they had more players online during that coverage gap. No wonder people play dead, because quite honestly, their contributions mean next to nothing unless they’re willing to play overtime. Basically, which ever server has more Oceanic players will normally win since WvW is won during off-peak hours.

Example: JQ had a lead of up to 4-5k over the weekend and quickly lost that lead once the weekend was over simply because BG had more players to fill in coverage gaps than JQ did.

(edited by Elektrolysis.1569)

in WvW

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

I am available for purchase.

-Worst Thief, NA.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in WvW

Zikory.6871

Care to cite your sources for the last two items (SoS and ZD)?

The SoS thing is a joke or should be, SoS has made it very clear that they play to play. Maybe that group of SoS had a bone to pick with SoR that night.

As for the ZDs comment, it was confirmed by ZDs in our match up thread. You can read the post if you like.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/matchups/11-15-JQ-SOS-BG-Gold-Season-Match-5-1/page/7#post3231608

Zikory – Retired Thief