Why is JQ and SoR playing dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

A combination of SoR/JQ dropping the ball, BG playing to win by putting in massive overtime, BG collaborating with SoS (was kinda funny hearing about SoS spawn camping SoR lol) and the purchase of ZDs (ZDs only paid 3k of their own gold, rest was funded by BG).

Care to cite your sources for the last two items (SoS and ZD)?

The SoS thing is a joke or should be, SoS has made it very clear that they play to play. Maybe that group of SoS had a bone to pick with SoR that night.

As for the ZDs comment, it was confirmed by ZDs in our match up thread. You can read the post if you like.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/matchups/11-15-JQ-SOS-BG-Gold-Season-Match-5-1/page/7#post3231608

They were assisted after they decided to move though. Technically not buying as they would have come to the server regardless.

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

I can’t answer for my server but after over a year doing WvW I just aren’t as serious about the competition anymore, I’ve always enjoyed the fights more than the competition. This past few weeks I’ve been enjoying the new XCom expansion and Battlefield4 more than WvW so I log in less.

in WvW

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Because SoR and JQ don’t understand how to play long-haul, and get demoralized very quickly. It doesn’t take much to get either server to give up, even when they are full well within the range of re-taking a lead. They also have a tendency to get tunnel vision (maybe bad scouts, or lack of communication) and they forget that the large part of winning is defending objectives.

JQ and SoR like to make a lot of predictions, and spread false drama. If they spent less time doing this, and more time strategizing and playing the game, things might be different.

When JQ or SoR are winning: “It’s because we’re better”
When JQ or SoR are losing: “We don’t care about PPT, or seasons, or objectives, or obamacare”

When BG winning: “Sup?”
When BG losing: “Sup?”

Large number of my guilds most hardcore players played Battlefield 4 for 2 weeks and no GW2 WvW, still winning. No excuses mateys!

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

in WvW

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Because SoR and JQ don’t understand how to play long-haul, and get demoralized very quickly. It doesn’t take much to get either server to give up, even when they are full well within the range of re-taking a lead. They also have a tendency to get tunnel vision (maybe bad scouts, or lack of communication) and they forget that the large part of winning is defending objectives.

JQ and SoR like to make a lot of predictions, and spread false drama. If they spent less time doing this, and more time strategizing and playing the game, things might be different.

When JQ or SoR are losing: “We don’t care about PPT, or seasons, or objectives, or obamacare”

Large number of my guilds most hardcore players played Battlefield 4 for 2 weeks and no GW2 WvW, still winning. No excuses mateys!

If you were in the position of JQ or SoR, you would be doing the exact same thing you claim they do. In fact, you are doing the same thing now. Its just from the opposite perspective.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in WvW

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

If you were in the position of JQ or SoR, you would be doing the exact same thing you claim they do. In fact, you are doing the same thing now. Its just from the opposite perspective.

Hm, um, well…. I tried to think of a response to this. But I don’t have anything for you. I’ll let your thoughts simmer a bit longer.

I’ve been on Blackgate since day 1. I have seen the many ups and downs. I learned from them. Others have either not had as drastic of changes to their server, or they did not learn from them. Blackgate knows points. We know what is obtainable, we know what is reasonable. SoR and JQ stop playing after a 5k gap. If you play hard you can make up a 20k gap in a night.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

A combination of SoR/JQ dropping the ball, BG playing to win by putting in massive overtime, BG collaborating with SoS (was kinda funny hearing about SoS spawn camping SoR lol) and the purchase of ZDs (ZDs only paid 3k of their own gold, rest was funded by BG).

Care to cite your sources for the last two items (SoS and ZD)?

The SoS thing is a joke or should be, SoS has made it very clear that they play to play. Maybe that group of SoS had a bone to pick with SoR that night.

As for the ZDs comment, it was confirmed by ZDs in our match up thread. You can read the post if you like.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/matchups/11-15-JQ-SOS-BG-Gold-Season-Match-5-1/page/7#post3231608

They were assisted after they decided to move though. Technically not buying as they would have come to the server regardless.

Well other people don’t see it that way and also forget that there own server did similar transactions for them selves. Other lower servers were/are mad that there guilds moved up so its easier for them to just jump on the “they bought our guilds” bandwagon.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Retsuko.2035

Retsuko.2035

The guild GoF on blackgate, or a certain person (commander?) from that guild is known to be someone who likes to double team and pay for it.

When people speak of paying SoS or TC to do certain things for BG (which they say is BS), they don’t mean paying that server as a whole, but just one person (a commander in this case) to do what they want them to do. This person that you might be following around won’t have to tell you anything about it, and you’re totally clueless, because that commander doesn’t have to tell you his motives for attacking a certain objective.

Even if BG doesn’t admit it, ZD is pvd’ing right now because they get weekly pay for each week they are on BG. Is this a bad thing? Not at all. It’s everyone’s choice to do what they want in this game.

Just because one guild is dominating doesn’t mean it’s not fun anymore. Personally I enjoy the battles and don’t care about ppt. Nobody can be online 24/7 and thus can’t expect your server to have 24/7 coverage.

When speaking of 24/7 coverage, any server who lacks coverage for a few hours where another server is active is detrimental when it comes to defending and upgrading your keeps and towers. You can be a kick kitten T1 server, but if you can’t respond to attacks during a couple hours of the day, everything you upgrade gets back to paper. While you come back, you see everything you had was lost while the enemy server upgraded all of theirs. So when there are people back on your server to play, they will be more occupied with defending your stuff because it’s paper again, while the enemy can concentrate more on attacking. It’s basically a spiral down which has a huge effect on any server. It only takes 1 guild if it would mean that a time gap is created for another server where it can lose everything.

I don’t care really about this since i like the battles, and it doesn’t matter which lvl keeps/towers are when it comes to killing people. But it does show how unbalanced WvW is when it comes to population and especially coverage. Hopefully Anet has an answer to this and many other flaws WvW has right now. I dont think anet has a lot of time left to respond to all these issues. And a new map without any real objectives to help the server is not going to fix it.

Retsu ~ Inner Monkey [IM] ~ Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Alkaholic.3875

Alkaholic.3875

Thanks for the answers, what this has taught me is that merc guilds are an AWESOME aspect of the game. Make a name for urself, sell services to highest bidder, ???, Profit. I don’t know what the transfer fee is but 3K is like 4 members at 800gems (forgot what the price was pre leagues). But in the end could be lucrative.

in WvW

Posted by: Flood.6105

Flood.6105

Blackgate is so blobbed out nobody even wants to play them. Thank you for ending WvWvW in week 5, pretty much a broken system anyways. Hopefully Anet does away with league after this it is clearly a cruel joke at this point.

in WvW

Posted by: Snorcha.7586

Snorcha.7586

lol why so serious?

It’s a game, a very poorly managed population balanced game at that… get in, have fun, get out..

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

Transfers should have been closed 3 weeks prior to and during the leagues. That way certain guilds couldn’t have purchased their success. If people want to transfer during the WvWvW season, prevent them from entering WvWvW during the season.

OP’d thief, lol

in WvW

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

@Retsuko: If you say you don’t care about it then why did you make the passive-aggressive accusations that BG pays ZD weekly to remain on the server or that they pay SoS commanders. Where’s your proof?

in WvW

Elthurien.8356

Not making excuses buddy, just saying that WvW just aint that all that interesting anymore so I’m looking for other interests. You can chest beat all you want but at the end of the day, I’m having fun and you got nobody to fight.

in WvW

Zikory.6871

Thanks for the answers, what this has taught me is that merc guilds are an AWESOME aspect of the game. Make a name for urself, sell services to highest bidder, ???, Profit. I don’t know what the transfer fee is but 3K is like 4 members at 800gems (forgot what the price was pre leagues). But in the end could be lucrative.

Hi Alkaholic,

So it cost 1800 gems per person to transfer to Blackgate. At the time that ZDs transferred to Blackgate the gem rate was 6.63g per 100 gems. That means it was roughly 120g per transfer. With 3000g they were able to transfer 25 of there ~40 members by them selves.

Btw 3000g would allow you to transfer ~56 players to a server that is rated for 800 gem transfers. At the rate of gold to gems at that time.

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

To the OP since when did SOR quit playing?

Because SoR and JQ don’t understand how to play long-haul, and get demoralized very quickly.

Whats funny is that BG has reacted in exactly the same way before. Its not about the server getting demoralised (cause SOR aint) its about PvE players not turning out when the going gets tough, its happened on all servers.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: zoombi.1498

zoombi.1498

Even if BG doesn’t admit it, ZD is pvd’ing right now because they get weekly pay for each week they are on BG. Is this a bad thing? Not at all. It’s everyone’s choice to do what they want in this game.

renting guilds? weaksauce. lol

in WvW

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

The points system in WvW seriously needs overhauling. I find it ludicrous that the victor is usually determined by how much coverage a server has during off-peak hours (aka nightcapping). It’s pretty demoralizing when your server is on top during peak hours and holding several T3 keeps only to get home from work the next day to find that all the progress the server made was lost overnight or during working hours simply because they had more players online during that coverage gap. No wonder people play dead, because quite honestly, their contributions mean next to nothing unless they’re willing to play overtime. Basically, which ever server has more Oceanic players will normally win since WvW is won during off-peak hours.

Example: JQ had a lead of up to 4-5k over the weekend and quickly lost that lead once the weekend was over simply because BG had more players to fill in coverage gaps than JQ did.

so basically what you’re saying is that the war effort needs to stop because you need to go to bed, ridiculous even in real wars when the day shift soldiers need to sleep the night time soldiers guard their backs so the enemy doesn’t kill them in their sleep or wipe them out in a surprise attack during the night.

the same principle applies to WvW seeing that it is a 24/7 permanent war going on.
simply conquering territory is not enough ! conquered territory needs to be defended, to defend said territory you need coverage, peak and off peak.

This crying about losing a T3 tower or keep during off peak hours screams of poor coverage, it is not the other server’s fault you are ill prepared and do not have the coverage to defend your conquered territory.

war is not just about killing, it is about supply lines, comm lines aka TS, and back end things that need to be taken care of even before you start killing the enemy like logistics aka coverage

Real war has a lot in common with WvW.
- there are no rules in war.
- the better equipped and better prepared will prevail.
- no mercy for your enemy.
- the enemy of my enemy might be my friend, at least temporarily while our common interests are aligned.

every server knew WAR aka season 1 was coming
How each server used the time before season 1 to prepare and plan their war effort is very important.

some wars are won even before the 1st shot was ever fired
what is happening now is a reflection of the preparation plans of each individual server before the season started.

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Individual commanders and their different personalities make a huge difference. You get effective turnout with effective leaders. Obviously, commanding in WvW is not easy, it is kind of luck of the draw which servers got people who want to and can do that job well.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

I have been amazed by people who probably would not have been thought of as commander types stepping up and doing a great job when we really needed them, really building morale back from lost. What I see on my server is the most important thing is for someone who knows how to not die to tag up. Makes a huge difference.

For the Toast!

in WvW

zoombi.1498

The points system in WvW seriously needs overhauling. I find it ludicrous that the victor is usually determined by how much coverage a server has during off-peak hours (aka nightcapping). It’s pretty demoralizing when your server is on top during peak hours and holding several T3 keeps only to get home from work the next day to find that all the progress the server made was lost overnight or during working hours simply because they had more players online during that coverage gap. No wonder people play dead, because quite honestly, their contributions mean next to nothing unless they’re willing to play overtime. Basically, which ever server has more Oceanic players will normally win since WvW is won during off-peak hours.

Example: JQ had a lead of up to 4-5k over the weekend and quickly lost that lead once the weekend was over simply because BG had more players to fill in coverage gaps than JQ did.

so basically what you’re saying is that the war effort needs to stop because you need to go to bed, ridiculous even in real wars when the day shift soldiers need to sleep the night time soldiers guard their backs so the enemy doesn’t kill them in their sleep or wipe them out in a surprise attack during the night.

the same principle applies to WvW seeing that it is a 24/7 permanent war going on.
simply conquering territory is not enough ! conquered territory needs to be defended, to defend said territory you need coverage, peak and off peak.

This crying about losing a T3 tower or keep during off peak hours screams of poor coverage, it is not the other server’s fault you are ill prepared and do not have the coverage to defend your conquered territory.

war is not just about killing, it is about supply lines, comm lines aka TS, and back end things that need to be taken care of even before you start killing the enemy like logistics aka coverage

Real war has a lot in common with WvW.
- there are no rules in war.
- the better equipped and better prepared will prevail.
- no mercy for your enemy.
- the enemy of my enemy might be my friend, at least temporarily while our common interests are aligned.

every server knew WAR aka season 1 was coming
How each server used the time before season 1 to prepare and plan their war effort is very important.

some wars are won even before the 1st shot was ever fired
what is happening now is a reflection of the preparation plans of each individual server before the season started.

tldr version : yada yada yada we r bandwagongate come out and entertain us bc we r entitled!

in WvW

Posted by: Dale Rojo.7485

Dale Rojo.7485

All this talk about buying guilds and not one shred of evidence. Makes me a sad panda because I want to believe people don’t lie in the internet….

Blackgate has a rich, lively community. The commanders deserves loads of praise for their patience and dedication. I have enjoyed many hours playing with fellow players of Blackgate who were ranged from experienced to brand new in WvW. This season put a fire under everyone and the response from Blackgate has been amazing.

The insults, accusations, and whining is only proving one thing: Blackgate has been the best for the longest time and is universally hated for it. SoR and JQ have been terrific rivals. The people from MERC who left to JQ are missed and I wish they could have enjoyed this win with us. As we head into the end of the 5th week, we might have clinched the win already. This comes after the loss/gain of guilds, the powder puff schedule of JQ, and many moments of Blackgate having been 2v1’d in the beginning. It was a great ride that changed my guild to actually participating in WvW. I’m happy and the season was a success in my experience.

Lakers, Cowboys, Yankees, Redwings, and Blackgate :D
God Bless America’s Team, BG
Season 1 WvW World Champions, BeastGate

in WvW

Zikory.6871

To the OP since when did SOR quit playing?

Because SoR and JQ don’t understand how to play long-haul, and get demoralized very quickly.

Whats funny is that BG has reacted in exactly the same way before. Its not about the server getting demoralised (cause SOR aint) its about PvE players not turning out when the going gets tough, its happened on all servers.

Demoralized refers to your overall WvW participation. Your “hardcore” daily WvW guild will be out there every day, we know that and those people are respected for it. It’s the fair weather population that becomes the issue. The difference is that BG has its 25-30 man guild group and 30-40 pugs with them because they are doing well VS. SoRs 25 man guild group and no pugs because you’re not doing well. From where we’re standing it looks like SoR stopped showing up and is demoralized.

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Hm, um, well…. I tried to think of a response to this. But I don’t have anything for you. I’ll let your thoughts simmer a bit longer.

I’ve been on Blackgate since day 1. I have seen the many ups and downs. I learned from them. Others have either not had as drastic of changes to their server, or they did not learn from them. Blackgate knows points. We know what is obtainable, we know what is reasonable. SoR and JQ stop playing after a 5k gap. If you play hard you can make up a 20k gap in a night.

I don’t feel playing hard offers any real rewards. Its all about recruiting guilds from other servers to join the one you are on. WvW is about coverage, if you can get coverage around the clock it ensures that your server will more than likely win.

I have no complaints about it, its just the nature of the game.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Demoralized refers to your overall WvW participation. Your “hardcore” daily WvW guild will be out there every day, we know that and those people are respected for it. It’s the fair weather population that becomes the issue. The difference is that BG has its 25-30 man guild group and 30-40 pugs with them because they are doing well VS. SoRs 25 man guild group and no pugs because you’re not doing well. From where we’re standing it looks like SoR stopped showing up and is demoralized.

Thats fine but just don’t rewrite history to say it hasn’t happened to BG when it clearly has on multiple occasions since I’ve been playing against them.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Zikory.6871

Thats fine but just don’t rewrite history to say it hasn’t happened to BG when it clearly has on multiple occasions since I’ve been playing against them.

Oh for sure, demoralized fair weathers have hit all 3 of our server a numerous occasion.

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

Elthurien.8356

Oh for sure, demoralized fair weathers have hit all 3 of our server a numerous occasion.

Every server has fair weathers and PvE players showing up for map completions and jumping puzzles, and a lot of the Hardcore players eventually rotate every few months, they also get sick of it and move on or take breaks. The only thing that has remained constant throughout GW2s history is that the server that overloads themselves to reach number one eventually crumbles under it’s own weight and goes back to the bottom. Which is probably why JQ and SOR really don’t care about BG, hell, the only reason I’m posting in this thread is because I’m stuck at work with nothing to do.

in WvW

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

ITT: Neckbeards gonna neckbeard.

Play the game. Enjoy it. If you dont, then wtf u doing? LoL.

A L T S
Skritt Happens

in WvW

Posted by: Phinz.1547

Phinz.1547

In all honesty, I’m kind of happy the fair weathers are gone. Ques have been brutal on JQ and our schedule sucked. Nothing personal to SoS, Mag and TC but Weeks 2-4 were dull and if I’m going to sit in que for a while, I want it to be for legit WvW, not steamrolls and achievement hunting. If Season 2 doesn’t come with a drastic change of format or at least a platinum league or something for SoR, BG and JQ, I’ll have to go find something else to do.

in WvW

Posted by: thefreezingvoid.8516

thefreezingvoid.8516

The main issue is BG has no real weak period, where as JQ has 2. The major won being our EU. While I realize BG prob cant queue all maps at this time, they certainly have more during this timezone than JQ. This weak period is the death of us, because during this 6 hours between when our previous timezone ends and early NA logs in, basically means that our commanders spend their entire time trying to defend our holding. This costs us dearly, because we lose momentum, which bascially lets BG upgrade their holdings, as well giving them a huge supply to work with. Which basically means by the time our NA logs in they have to spend all their time trying to get back and trying turn that momentum BG has made around, with mixed results. Which means that when our oceanics have to spend their time finishing off returning that momentum around, rather than actually pushing. And once they log out, its a rinse and repeat.

This JQ lost, mainly because our weak timezone. I’m not angry or anything. I knew this week was going to be rough, as I saw the number BG had during week 1 during our EU timeslot. I just was hoping it wouldnt make a difference.

However, this does not make BG better, it just means that they have better coverage.

The other major factor is the fairweather effect. Once we got 20k behind, we lost a lot of our fair weathers. Which, granted I tend not to view them as very good, they are still important, as even a number that dies quickly, or doesn’t always follow the pin, is better than none at all.
So JQ lost our fairweathers, meanwhile I am sure BG’s fairweathers are coming on strong.

TL:DR: JQ didnt roll over and die. We just got beat in the coverage wars, as well lost the fair weather war.

Doesnt mean JQ sucks, just means we have some things to work on.
I don’t slam on BG for doing what they had to, to win.
Cause if given the offer JQ would have payed for more EU guilds to transfer.
And if given the opportunity we will take part in 2v1’s.

So hats off to BG. There is nothing I can look at and see anything unfair. Because all is fair in love and war.

Just would be nice if coverage wasn’t such a factor as who wins. Then again in real world wars, the side with the greater numbers usually wins, unless superior tactics are used again them.

(edited by thefreezingvoid.8516)

in WvW

Posted by: Sam Gem.1246

Sam Gem.1246

SoR, you be the judge. Are you going to side with BG again during week 7 like you did during week 1 in light of all this? Or are you going to do the honourable thing by siding with JQ to crush BG and demoralize them?

in WvW

Posted by: Doug.4930

Doug.4930

Hi Doug,

Can you name any or all of the guilds Blackgate “bought” and the amounts paid? Also can you clarify your definition of “bought” under this context so we can keep things clear. Looking forward to your insight on the matter.

Hello, there.
The first guild that Iv noticed roaming around make a considerable difference is the red zerg we all know as ZD, however it seems that you already are aware of this purchase. When I say purchase, i dont mean every single member’s transfer is paid for. Unless ZD is a unique guild, what usually happens is the high ranking officals pocket the gold and use their influence to convince the underlings to transfer with them. After all, if they enjoy running with their guild, most of them would be happy to transfer. Now, this time, i dont have confirmation that is how it worked. Im basing this “assumption” and yes it is an assumption, on how other people I know, who have been part of a “bought” guild were not paid a single bronze.

Now lets get one thing clear. If the amount of guilds bg bought is exaggerated, then so be it. In the future, I will endeavour to provide sources whenever making such a post. I have heard from reliable sources that what Iv said is true, in the case of ZD I know it is. However being in the middle of uni exams, researching what server bought what guild for how much is pretty low on my list. I simply made an observation, nothing more.

PS: I dont mind losing, im a roamer, i dont zerg, i find it boring and repetitive anyway and the queue’s are short with a heap of enemies to fight. Its all good for me! 2 mins queue on eb!@!$ ftw!!

Doug The Unseen Of Homefront Defenders [HD]

Jade Quarry’s dedicated Roaming/Havoc Squad Guild

in WvW

Posted by: Vespa.1790

Vespa.1790

SoR, you be the judge. Are you going to side with BG again during week 7 like you did during week 1 in light of all this? Or are you going to do the honourable thing by siding with JQ to crush BG and demoralize them?

If it were up to me I’d focus down on JQ base on the assumption that you’re on JQ. Even if BG “bought” their win, it’s no where near as annoying as someone begging for a win. But I think SoR has already settled for going after whichever brings the best fights. Personally I’m disappointed with the lack of fights we had with BG during Oceanic times, even when we were out-numbered they run off. It’s been more entertaining fighting against Mag and TC this week. Hopefully with when Wk7 rolls around and it doesn’t matter wheater BG gets last 4rd they are still going to win, they will ease up on the “bore you enemies to death” strategy.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I’ll keep it short and simple

It is very discouraging when you know ZD gonna log in and PvDoor everything to paper and widen the lead by 5k PPT. It’s just hurt the morale so much

I don’t know why BG feels the need to get another gigantic guild, week 1 was a good week and it seems the 3 server are pretty balance but when BG “recruit” another big guild, things just go downhill from there

Some ZD were spotted back on SFR maps today. Did they leave BG?

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

ZDs never left EU, only a fraction of their players ever transferred.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Yes their pve crew stayed behind. Was wondering if that was it or if ZD is headed back to clash with Vizunah. SFR is doing massive overtime this week, I imagine there’s some burnout. Would make sense because it’s Jade Sea next week, and they have numbers and league rating.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

Sam Gem.1246

If it were up to me I’d focus down on JQ base on the assumption that you’re on JQ. Even if BG “bought” their win, it’s no where near as annoying as someone begging for a win. But I think SoR has already settled for going after whichever brings the best fights. Personally I’m disappointed with the lack of fights we had with BG during Oceanic times, even when we were out-numbered they run off. It’s been more entertaining fighting against Mag and TC this week. Hopefully with when Wk7 rolls around and it doesn’t matter wheater BG gets last 4rd they are still going to win, they will ease up on the “bore you enemies to death” strategy.

Which is why SoR teamed up with BG during the first week, right? We certainly begged to win back then… whatever your logic is, it doesn’t make sense. It’s about honour. You want to reward treacherous behaviour.
As for BG running off, we had the same experience. Holy arrow carts. They can only face on if it’s 2v1… Give them a taste of their own medicine.

in WvW

zoombi.1498

Week 1 red = dead afaik.

Week 7 will be a different matter afaik.

;)

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

I’ll keep it short and simple

It is very discouraging when you know ZD gonna log in and PvDoor everything to paper and widen the lead by 5k PPT. It’s just hurt the morale so much

I don’t know why BG feels the need to get another gigantic guild, week 1 was a good week and it seems the 3 server are pretty balance but when BG “recruit” another big guild, things just go downhill from there

ZD main guild never left SFR. Just their WvW crew. It was (I think) around 50-60 out of 200-250 from what I’ve read.

Also @ the OP, JQ hasn’t stopped showing up. If anything, JQ’s core guilds are fighting harder than ever. It’s just the rallybots that’s stopped clogging up queues for them. The fights against TKG and MERC have been amazing. We wish you guys hadn’t left, but hey, it’s been a blast fighting against you guys as well. THOSE GOLEM RUSHES

SoR on the other hand, I think, did stop showing up. They even admitted to drastically reducing their WvW hours. Kind of understandable when you’re 100k behind in points though.

Which is why SoR teamed up with BG during the first week, right? We certainly begged to win back then… whatever your logic is, it doesn’t make sense. It’s about honour. You want to reward treacherous behaviour.
As for BG running off, we had the same experience. Holy arrow carts. They can only face on if it’s 2v1… Give them a taste of their own medicine.

Depends on the commander. If the commander is playing for PPT, then they’ll probably avoid fights if necessary and just defend until they’re in position to take a keep or tower. Also depends on the guild. Some guilds like to build open field ACs. I personally think it’s a lame strategy, but hey. If I’m not tagged up, I’m not going to say anything that will detract from the person who is tagged up.

If/when I’m tagged up, I have, and will be running into a group of 30 with only 10 people behind me, trying to take down as many as we can. Either that, or I will be leading a pug group of 30+ off a cliff just for lulz (I’m sorry? not really… the laughs in TS are worth it). It really depends on the commander whether they want to retreat or fight.

As for teaming up with SoR in week 1, BG was considered the underdog coming into leagues. SoR thought they could take BG between week 2 and 4. That’s basically the only reason why BG was allowed to get 1st in week 1.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

(edited by Reverence.6915)

in WvW

Posted by: Sreoom.3690

Sreoom.3690

LOL Troll Post.

BG whined about the season match up claiming JQ was the winner…props to the tactic, SoR bought into your mantra and willingly became your kittenes to double team up on us.

Hope y’all enjoy the view at the top…cheap seats as they may be.

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

in WvW

Reverence.6915

LOL Troll Post.

BG whined about the season match up claiming JQ was the winner…props to the tactic, SoR bought into your mantra and willingly became your kittenes to double team up on us.

Totally. We are the WvW overlords. Bow down to our superior whining tactics. We did not outplay you on the field at all.

/sarcasm

Beastgate | Faerie Law

in WvW

Posted by: thefreezingvoid.8516

thefreezingvoid.8516

LOL Troll Post.

Well, considering the match was so close, I think both BG and SoR thought all 3 of us had equal chances of winning, combine that with the on paper easier match ups JQ got handed, it only seemed logical they wanted to do whatever they had to make sure JQ didnt get any points. And that meant making sure we stayed in third place.

What SoR failed to realize is they were no match up for BG, (Though this info would easily be available if they looked at past match ups.) even some JQ thought BG was done for, due to their poor performance during the previous 2 match ups.

Now I don’t know if BG knew they were going to beat SoR so easily or what, but either way SoR handed the win to BG, with that one decision to help BG force JQ to third. Those 2 points lost, would have kept us still having a chance in week 7. But alas what is done is done. Hindsight is 20/20 as they say.

Add in the purchase/transfer-helping of a couple off peak hour guilds after week 1, and SoR got slammed. They weren’t expecting the sucker punch, and got hit hard. And though I am sure not all of them gave up after their 10k loss, its pretty hard to recover from that sort of slam. In WvW, a few hours of being forced to play entirely defensive can spell lose for the week. Add in the loss their fairweathers, and the gain in BG’s fairweathers on top of that, and the week was cemented. (We’re essentially seeing the same thing happening this week, just JQ held out a little longer, due probably to us knowing it was coming.)

Weeks not over yet mind you, and most guilds will still be fighting, its just hard to recover from a 46k loss, especially when your constantly forced to play defensive and retake back lost territory.

(edited by thefreezingvoid.8516)

in WvW

Reverence.6915

Now I don’t know if BG knew they were going to beat SoR so easily or what, but either way SoR handed the win to BG, with that one decision to help BG force JQ to third. Those 2 points lost, would have kept us still having a chance in week 7. But alas what is done is done. Hindsight is 20/20 as they say.

We did not know we were going to beat SoR easily. It was as much a surprise to us as it was to the rest of the WvW community looking at the matchups.

Keep in mind we were nearly 20k points behind by the end of the weekend in week 2. The biggest points gap I saw was roughly 18k, and we were still behind in PPT at that stage. ZDs transferring in on the Tuesday in week 2 really cemented our win though.

Beastgate | Faerie Law

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Now I don’t know if BG knew they were going to beat SoR so easily or what, but either way SoR handed the win to BG, with that one decision to help BG force JQ to third.

This is not actually what happened. Sure we focused JQ, as did BG, because of the transfers that JQ had received and their easy schedule, thats all.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: Sreoom.3690

Sreoom.3690

Reverence.6915

“Totally. We are the WvW overlords. Bow down to our superior whining tactics. We did not outplay you on the field at all.

/sarcasm"

We = You and your kittens

/double sarcasm

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Grim Jr.8946

Grim Jr.8946

lol what you probably weren’t there during the 4 hour defense of Bay in the JQ borderlands 10 attempts from JQ with 2 golem rush all failed it was a glorious fight! but sadly JQ was overpowered.

and you must be stupid if you think going head on in fights is always the right idea commanders are smart they know what they’re doing if they see the enemy zerg is 10x bigger then ofcourse they’d avoid them. just like in the bay fight where JQ had literally over 200 people it was fun I still have videos and screenshots XD

in WvW

Sam Gem.1246

LOL Troll Post.

Well, considering the match was so close, I think both BG and SoR thought all 3 of us had equal chances of winning, combine that with the on paper easier match ups JQ got handed, it only seemed logical they wanted to do whatever they had to make sure JQ didnt get any points. And that meant making sure we stayed in third place.

What SoR failed to realize is they were no match up for BG, (Though this info would easily be available if they looked at past match ups.) even some JQ thought BG was done for, due to their poor performance during the previous 2 match ups.

Add in the purchase/transfer-helping of a couple off peak hour guilds after week 1, and SoR got slammed. They weren’t expecting the sucker punch, and got hit hard. And though I am sure not all of them gave up after their 10k loss, its pretty hard to recover from that sort of slam. In WvW, a few hours of being forced to play entirely defensive can spell lose for the week. Add in the loss their fairweathers, and the gain in BG’s fairweathers on top of that, and the week was cemented. (We’re essentially seeing the same thing happening this week, just JQ held out a little longer, due probably to us knowing it was coming.)

Weeks not over yet mind you, and most guilds will still be fighting, its just hard to recover from a 46k loss, especially when your constantly forced to play defensive and retake back lost territory.

This sums up my sentiment and perception of the matter exactly. As the saying goes, you’re only as good as your last match. SoR did do better than BG 2 weeks prior to the season. I honestly expected SoR to win. I guess all that bribing help kill the mood.

in WvW

Sam Gem.1246

lol what you probably weren’t there during the 4 hour defense of Bay in the JQ borderlands 10 attempts from JQ with 2 golem rush all failed it was a glorious fight! but sadly JQ was overpowered.

and you must be stupid if you think going head on in fights is always the right idea commanders are smart they know what they’re doing if they see the enemy zerg is 10x bigger then ofcourse they’d avoid them. just like in the bay fight where JQ had literally over 200 people it was fun I still have videos and screenshots XD

You don’t seem to get it, you are the ones avoiding 1v1’s. But I guess it is smart of you to avoid them, cause every time you do, you get crushed. Meh.

in WvW

Posted by: KumaTazZ.8054

KumaTazZ.8054

Buy buy buy buy buy buy buy buy

said: Scarlet

in WvW

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

JQ/SoR don’t have the off hours coverage to match BG. Over the weekend when hours don’t matter so much BG/JQ were deadlocked and JQ took the lead. Then once the weekday started and off hours matter more BG takes more and more of a lead and eventually it becomes insurmountable.

If you focus on just the ppt, it looks like the server isn’t competing, but if you log on during NA JQ regularly rolls BG and vice versa. The NA matchup is alawys fun, but it has very little to do with who wins. I don’t know if SoR has the same thing going on haven’t seen them since week 1. Probably so.

BG is going to win because they have the best coverage. Just like every match that has ever happened in WvW has been won by the team with the best coverage. As a JQ player this great for me because our WvW queues have gone from 1 hour+ to non-existent. Maybe I will even see my good friend outmanned bonus again. Haven’t seen him since before league started.

Buy buy buy buy buy buy buy buy

said: Scarlet

Superb dialog, please write a short story about yourself.

in WvW

Posted by: wickedkae.4980

wickedkae.4980

BG and SoR always 2v1 JQ. i have never seen those actually fight each other in a real battle.