Why would anyone WANT to swap servers to BG?

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Lol don’t even bother with Chris, it’s almost as if he is paid to trash talk tier 1 on every opportunity he gets. I think he is still bitter about BG replacing SoS in tier 1 and JQ for the implosion.

It’s actually a lot of fun to poke the collective ego. Watching the goings on here, much like watching senior citizens argue in public. It’s always fun to point out the logical contortions folks make in T1 that justifies or re-explains the shifts in their fortunes.
BG trying to say they are not stacked like a brick outhouse and trying to claim that SoR is still a viable contender is amusing to me because it’s so insulting to the intelligence of whoever you think is reading it.

It’s like really bad propaganda from the 40’s and 50’s.

in WvW

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

Hello Duke,

From what I know from my friends in your server, BG is still recruiting and has had several small guilds transfer over for WvW in the last 7 days. BG has the widest and deepest coverage now vs JQ and the PPT scores show.

I am not complimenting nor condemning BG, just making known some facts.

Also, besides ZDs in league, BG has outsmarted JQ and SOR by recruiting dozens of small PVX guilds (vs big WvW ones favored by other servers) to ensure a >80% chance of winning in league and after season. Those guilds are still in BG.

Chocpudding has done a tremendous job in the recruitment drive. Kudos.

FW

As a Blackgate player, I personally loathe our WvW scene for 4 reasons:

1. It seems like we win way too often. I’ve seen high-tier opposing servers just give up. It takes the fun and the challenge out of things.

2. Everything boils down to massive zergs. “It’s the BG ocean vs. the SoR ocean. Again.”

3. We generally get the same opponents. If we’re lucky, we’ll get one or two different opponents once in a blue moon. But even then, it’s all from the same small rotation.

And, of course….

4. We have to wait on massive queue timers just to experience WvW at all. The EB generally has a 2 hour minimum queue and battlegrounds often have 10min+ queue times.

And WvW Season 1, with it’s over-hyped server-performance based rewards is partially to blame for all of that.

The only thing holding me back from a server swap (to a more average server) is my excellent Blackgate guild.

[SoX] – JQ

(edited by Fannwong.3059)

in WvW

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

Servers rising and dropping is good for the game.
Half the fun is politics.
Without movement things would get stagnant.
SoR is in nowhere as bad of shape as Kaineng, who dropped from tier 2 to rank 23 now I think.
Even our server who was at one time ranked first for a bit, fell to rank 15 about a year ago, now are moving back up, probably number 6 after this week.
It keeps things fun. It kinda sucks for the server falling, but take it from someone who has been there… it’s really rewarding to stick to your server, building up your loyal community and becoming close with those who stayed to rebuild a wonderful community.
SBI feels like a really close community right now, and it’s because we went through some tough times and managed to stay positive.
It will never get that bad for SoR that they’ll drop to tier 5 or lower.
Keep your chins up and enjoy the game with those that you’ve built friendships with over the time you’ve spent together smashing on BG and JQ.

~Tarnished Coast~

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Servers rising and dropping is good for the game.
Half the fun is politics.
Without movement things would get stagnant.

But there is no movement with the top 2 servers and basically I think we’re past the point at which there ever will be. Which basically sucks for the 3rd server facing them in between seasons and for the 4 servers in gold league who aren’t them when leagues are on.

IMHO thats not good for the game especially when anet are making it harder for servers to move between tiers. Anet could perhaps reintroduce free transfers but I doubt they will given the money they earn from transfers or the fact that it is a big gold sink.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

Are you even reading my posts? BG has a commander who tags up and rallies a bunch of PUGS. JQ can do the exact same thing. Contrary to what you want to believe JQ and BGs populations are very similar. BG just has people who step up when they are needed.

Gasp, so you think we have players during EU time! Wow! You also think we have equal numbers during OCX! Wow!

Truth: We have no queues anywhere during OCX/EU prime time. Tarkus (or probably someone else) seems to like his 50 men zerg and cap SOR areas first before trying to knock on JQ doors.

There are no OCX/EU pins, and even if there are online on that day, the players they gather on them are only 20+. Please keep to your “same population” theory to yourself.

in WvW

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

Hello Duke,

From what I know from my friends in your server, BG is still recruiting and has had several small guilds transfer over for WvW in the last 7 days. BG has the widest and deepest coverage now vs JQ and the PPT scores show.

Also, besides ZDs in league, BG has outsmarted JQ and SOR by recruiting dozens of small PVX guilds (vs big WvW ones favored by other servers) to ensure a >80% chance of winning in league and after season. Those guilds are still in BG.

FW

1. It seems like we win way too often. I’ve seen high-tier opposing servers just give up. It takes the fun and the challenge out of things.

2. Everything boils down to massive zergs. “It’s the BG ocean vs. the SoR ocean. Again.”

3. We generally get the same opponents. If we’re lucky, we’ll get one or two different opponents once in a blue moon. But even then, it’s all from the same small rotation.

And, of course….

4. We have to wait on massive queue timers just to experience WvW at all. The EB generally has a 2 hour minimum queue and battlegrounds often have 10min+ queue times.

And WvW Season 1, with it’s over-hyped server-performance based rewards is partially to blame for all of that.

The only thing holding me back from a server swap (to a more average server) is my excellent Blackgate guild.

Hi Fannwong,

I would like you provide the names of those small PvX guilds that BG paid part of their transfer costs. I am not aware myself of any pvx guilds that BG actively recruited during season and according to your friend still recruiting right now. I will be great if you can provide some more concrete information.

Also if there are small pve guilds that transfer to BG on their own without the WvW community’s awareness (I am not sure if there are any), I would not consider them as “recruited” since these kind of things happen all the time in all popular pve servers.

Blackgate Engineer

in WvW

Reslinal.2359

If the offer to “help” is made before-hand, it’s buying. It’s one thing to say “we are transferring and we have a few people who don’t farm much waiting to transfer”. It’s another that the agreement is made before-hand that 25%-75% of the costs will be covered by the new server. Talking with some people who made the transfer said the process was handled very professionally and with great caution to make sure they were not scammed (both sides).

The vehemence of your denial accentuates the point(s) I was making in that T1 Logic is a different beast than anywhere else. You have to offer these denials to keep the shine on the server to keep recruitment up less you fall behind.
It’s clear to see to anyone with spare 5 minutes to spend on MOS where BG is in terms of coverage and population. The fact that this has to be argued accentuates where I was coming from.

No hate on my part btw, why you assume there is….shrugs. Just observing upon the obvious shouldn’t get such a reaction.

Lord knows I don’t often agree with you but you are 100% on the money here and apparently BG is again actively on the market for new guilds despite their dominance.

That goes into my point, they have to always be recruiting and have to defend their image from even the slightest mention of problems.

Take SoR; it’s not in as bad of shape as it appears. If they were to drop to T2 next week, they would at least do as well if not better than TC. From the perspective of Tier 1, they are the SS Titanic. If SoR had made a play for ZDs (instead of asking for a more balanced matchup) and gotten them, they would be riding high.

The reality for BG and JQ is totally different from that of the rest of WvW; and it amuses me when anyone wants to argue that or imply that their standard should be applied to all other servers (which led to my post here to begin with, coming full circle).

There are couple things in your post I want to comment on.

First, we are not aware of any recruiting BG is doing right now as “morrolan” trying to claim, in fact prominent BG leaders actually actively make their opinions known on BG forum that not only we are in a good position and don’t need more guilds, we should actually help JQ and SoR to grow stronger (we pointed a french guild that want to join us to go to SoR/JQ).

Second, due to the nature of T1, any “slight” problem you consider, e.g. lost coverage in an important time zone, if last long enough may actually lead to chain events that cause whole server to collapse. It happened to SBI, SoS, almost happened to JQ and BG, and is now happening to SoR. SoR may seems fine now, but if Choo and TW do leave like rumored they will be, I will bet that it won’t take long for their SEA guilds to leave as well, then it will be hard for SoR to even compete in T2.

Third, recruiting guilds to cover weakness is not unique to T1 servers, what I believe makes T1 server’s need seems more urgent than lower tier servers is that they have no place to drop to change scenery barring a complete collapse. Due to the fact most off-hour guilds are on T1 servers in order to find enough players to play with, T1 servers are stuck in a place where if you cannot compete in T1, your gaming experience will be really horrible (since you will just blow out T2 without fun fights there), this will last unless you recruit to cover weakness or collapse. Given this situation, of course T1 servers will try to active recruit if there are signs of problem showing up. However, it does not mean we don’t want a semi-competitive T1, it’s to the best interest of T1 servers to ensure an enjoyable tier because there is no alternative if you want to keep your server intact.

Blackgate Engineer

(edited by Reslinal.2359)

in WvW

Posted by: Monsoon.2589

Monsoon.2589

“Why would anyone WANT to swap servers to BG?”

The women!…that is all

in WvW

Posted by: Poxheart.2845

Poxheart.2845

I would like you provide the names of those small PvX guilds that BG paid part of their transfer costs.

Re-read what Fannwong wrote. He didn’t say anything about paying for transfer costs.

Poxheart
Knights of the WhiteWolf

in WvW

Posted by: Grav.3568

Grav.3568

I’m pretty sure Blackgate doesn’t have a monopoly on excellent guilds.

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

well we didn’t bribe entire servers to be our friends in sor.

OP’d thief, lol

in WvW

Posted by: Vespirisa.1497

Vespirisa.1497

Does anyone know which server FEAR transferred to?

IoJ→KN→DB→SoR→CD→SoR→TC → SBI
Scrub D/D Ele. What’s server loyalty?

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Hello Duke,

FW

BG isn’t doing any guild recruiting at the moment. We sure as hell aren’t paying for anyone’s transfer costs either.

Those guilds that come to BG come on their own volition and using their own money.

BG is consistently outnumbered during our OCX time zone when Nocturnal isn’t on WvW. 1 30-40 man zerg (at its peak) is trying to cover all 4 maps during that time zone.

XPK, FEAR, RET, IRON leaving SoR isn’t BG’s fault (or Waha’s, haha). Look to your own community for that.

Guilds traditionally would go to a competitive underdog server (SoR) to have good fights and competition. Instead, SoR is shedding guilds left right and centre.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

morrolan.9608

FA

Guilds traditionally would go to a competitive underdog server (SoR) to have good fights and competition. Instead, SoR is shedding guilds left right and centre.

3 guilds is shedding guilds left right and centre?

Jade Quarry [SoX]

(edited by morrolan.9608)

in WvW

Reslinal.2359

I would like you provide the names of those small PvX guilds that BG paid part of their transfer costs.

Re-read what Fannwong wrote. He didn’t say anything about paying for transfer costs.

So you are saying Fannwong is talking about small pve/pvx guilds that transferred to BG completely on their own and even without BG WvW community’s awareness (since we don’t know any)? Again as I said in my post to him, if that’s the case he probably shouldn’t talk as BG actually “recruited” those guilds since those type of transfers probably happen on their own all the time to all popular pve servers.

Blackgate Engineer

(edited by Reslinal.2359)

in WvW

Reverence.6915

FA

2 NA guilds, 1 Oceanic, 1 EU guild in the past 3 months, all of them big name guilds. I’d say so.

When RISE, MERC, TKG et al left BG, we were talked of as shedding guilds too remember? No? Selective memory?

Beastgate | Faerie Law

in WvW

Posted by: globe.7238

globe.7238

Hello Duke,

FW

BG isn’t doing any guild recruiting at the moment. We sure as hell aren’t paying for anyone’s transfer costs either.

Stockpiling that warchest to buy all of vizunah for season 2 huh?

Imminent Demise » [iD] « Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: zoombi.1498

zoombi.1498

Hello Duke,

FW

Stockpiling that warchest to buy all of vizunah for season 2 huh?

why buy when you can just rent them for the season?

in WvW

Posted by: jojojoon.8607

jojojoon.8607

Lol, Stellioz and Omen gaming are in no way a PUG group, They are a great guild and have my vote any day of the week. Silly rabbit Tricks are for Kids!

Well, I am just supporting Reverence’s post when he was listing all of BG’s SEA guilds versus JQ’s SEA guilds. I agree with him that not only we have very little good SEA guilds compared to JQ’s powerful SEA guilds, but also majority of our SEA population consists of pugs like Omen, Thai, Urge, KOR, etc that are good at following the pin. Again, I have to repeat, there is nothing wrong with being a pug. Pugs are very important to BG’s success.

Check below for Reverence’s list of BG SEA guilds. We have so little SEA guilds compared to JQ and that’s why we are always outnumbered when we fight them.

BG:
ND – Fields 30-40, depends on their commander. Dia can pull in a full map zerg just from ND, but he very rarely logs in these days. They usually run 20-30, but for the sake of comparison and averages, going to bump their number up a bit.
WM – Fields 15-25 when they run, which is rare
LP – Fields 20-30 later taking on float team which combines all other players from the other guilds running at that time into a blob of 60-70
TMD – Fields 20-25
RR – Fields 15-20, may field more in the future
XF/Ace – Fields 20-30, they are a mainly PvE guild looking to expand their presence in WvW.

(edited by jojojoon.8607)

in WvW

jojojoon.8607

Lol, Stellioz and Omen gaming are in no way a PUG group, They are a great guild and have my vote any day of the week. Silly rabbit Tricks are for Kids!

jojojoon is being sarcastic. Every post in this thread by him is poking fun at the BG koolaid drinkers who have this genuine thought that that they are indeed outnumbered in every time zone and they only win due to sheer will and amazing play.

How dare you say that!!! I take offense to that!!! When we, the BG community, say we are outnumbered across all timezones, it has to be true. Stays may lie but BG never lies. Just check MOS if you don’t believe us.

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/33/

Note: Sigh.. I think the owner of the MOS website is on vacation or something. We still can’t get in contact with him yet to fix the website.

in WvW

Reverence.6915

jojojoon is being sarcastic. Every post in this thread by him is poking fun at the BG koolaid drinkers who have this genuine thought that that they are indeed outnumbered in every time zone and they only win due to sheer will and amazing play.

How dare you say that!!! I take offense to that!!! When we, the BG community, say we are outnumbered across all timezones, it has to be true. Stays may lie but BG never lies. Just check MOS if you don’t believe us.

Note: Sigh.. I think the owner of the MOS website is on vacation or something. We still can’t get in contact with him yet to fix the website.

Funny, MOS shows that BG dominates during NA.

Get a clue and stop trying so hard.

Beastgate | Faerie Law

in WvW

jojojoon.8607

Hello Duke,

FW

Finally, we are getting more help to compete with SOR and JQ. I also heard that BG is getting a couple of EU guilds to help fight against SOR’s staggering forces in EU. I hope that we can at least queue 3 borderlands and EB instead of just 2 borderlands and EB during EU.

in WvW

Posted by: albotelho.2931

albotelho.2931

I am ignoring most of the posts here, have no time to read them all and so I may say something someone already did… the only reason anyone would have to move to BG is for an easy win in WvW wich is not a big thing… the winning server has no special reward unless in seasons so… I cant see any other motivation to move there… there is no challenge for BG now, maybe if JQ get some more guilds there will be something… today it is just too easy for BG.

About SoR, on the last weeks I did not think we were in such a bad shape, we had nice fights even lead one match during weekend… but this week looks like we are forcing a drop to T2.

Turig Wolfsbane Norn Guardian
Rangrorn Charr Necromancer
Ultimate Legion [UL]

in WvW

jojojoon.8607

Funny, MOS shows that BG dominates during NA.

Get a clue and stop trying so hard.

That’s why we are trying to get the website fixed. Remember, we are outnumbered across ALL TIMEZONES!!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

So much hate towards BG… Perhaps take it out on the battle field? Double team if you have to?

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Seigfried.5938

Lol don’t even bother with Chris, it’s almost as if he is paid to trash talk tier 1 on every opportunity he gets. I think he is still bitter about BG replacing SoS in tier 1 and JQ for the implosion.

It’s actually a lot of fun to poke the collective ego. Watching the goings on here, much like watching senior citizens argue in public. It’s always fun to point out the logical contortions folks make in T1 that justifies or re-explains the shifts in their fortunes.
BG trying to say they are not stacked like a brick outhouse and trying to claim that SoR is still a viable contender is amusing to me because it’s so insulting to the intelligence of whoever you think is reading it.

Stacked has always been a relative term. ET would call your server stacked. BG’s coverage has diminished post leagues, but not as much as SoR’s and JQ’s has. Their night time coverage is just a shadow of what it used to be.

I have to admit, winning these days isn’t nearly as much fun as it used to be. @SoR&JQ, hope you get some EU transfers.

New bunker meta sux

(edited by Seigfried.5938)

in WvW

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

but this week looks like we are forcing a drop to T2.

A quick glance at MOS tells us that that’s not gonna happen except by random matchup.

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

And, of course….

I’m a little late to the thread… but is sounds like Jade Quarry can offer exactly the type of experience you’re looking for!

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

morrolan.9608

FA

2 NA guilds, 1 Oceanic, 1 EU guild in the past 3 months, all of them big name guilds. I’d say so.

When RISE, MERC, TKG et al left BG, we were talked of as shedding guilds too remember? No? Selective memory?

I don’t think I personally said so. But so what you’re saying is 4 guilds leaving in a 3 month period is indicative of a problem on SOR but it wasn’t on BG?

Those guilds that come to BG come on their own volition and using their own money.

If they were PvX guilds how would you know how they were recruited? And likewise do you know what every guild on BG does with their gold?

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Chris.3290

FA, though they don’t seem to be running the numbers they had on SoR so I’m sure a lot of individuals from these transferring guilds are skulking off to BG or JQ, not helping the problem.

in WvW

Posted by: Shoryuken.1527

Shoryuken.1527

Where did that russian guild go bg? Those guys were crazy they destroyed everything in their path, good thing I had to go to work or else idk what would of happened to me

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

FEAR has always been variable in their numbers. Sometimes 15-20. Sometimes 30-40.

in WvW

Chris.3290

Stacked has always been a relative term. ET would call your server stacked. BG’s coverage has diminished post leagues, but not as much as SoR’s and JQ’s has. Their night time coverage is just a shadow of what it used to be.

I have to admit, winning these days isn’t nearly as much fun as it used to be. @SoR&JQ, hope you get some EU transfers.

There is a lot of truth in what you say, but BG is stacked in relation to all servers (NA, don’t know about EU).

JQ had a lot of pre-season mojo and are now falling more and more behind.

I think BG forgets how many individuals move there on a constant basis. You don’t need large guild transfers when you have a steady stream of recruits.

in WvW

Posted by: Mirsa.1628

Mirsa.1628

FA

Let’s talk about the four guilds you mentioned.

FEAR is a PPT heavy guild and it was getting annoying having to support their drives for PPT. Weren’t particularly skilled and blobbed a lot.

RET is a small guild that I cannot really comment on.

XPK can’t really be considered “big name” since no one really knows who they are…

IRON needed a boost and revision of strategy after the temporary loss of Wrex. Moving back to EU (GH) was their best bet and it seems like it has paid off.

So out of four recent departures, only one of them was truly a “loss” to SoR. Even so, one of the reasons why RET left to T2 was because they were bored of fighting BG and JQ blobs and wanted better competition from guilds on servers like SoS and Mag. Any RET member feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

[GS] Gun Squad
Guild Master

(edited by Mirsa.1628)

in WvW

morrolan.9608

So out of four recent departures, only one of them was truly a “loss” to SoR. Even so, one of the reasons why RET left to T2 was because they were bored of fighting BG and JQ blobs and wanted better competition from guilds on servers like SoS and Mag.

That was at least one of the reasons Fear left as well apparently.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Chris.3290

didn’t DN leave for SBI? Apparently everyone wants to fight SoS and Mag.

in WvW

Deli.1302

Mag and EP you mean.

in WvW

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

Hello Morrolan,

The server that FEAR went to is FA, which is gathering momentum and making a strong concerted push for T1. FEAR & Retribution will fight the same JQ and BG forces soon if data/rate does not change.

FW

So out of four recent departures, only one of them was truly a “loss” to SoR. Even so, one of the reasons why RET left to T2 was because they were bored of fighting BG and JQ blobs and wanted better competition from guilds on servers like SoS and Mag.

That was at least one of the reasons Fear left as well apparently.

[SoX] – JQ

(edited by Fannwong.3059)

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

i thought SoR recently received a guild transferring from CD….?

Bunnies and Dragons [BAD] , a SEA guild formerly known as [TOFU] when they were on CD…

can’t be that bad on SoR right now, right ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

(edited by azizul.8469)

in WvW

Reverence.6915

Bunnies and Dragons [BAD] , a SEA guild formerly known as [TOFU] when they were on CD…

They went to SoR at the wrong time. Also, they’re adjusting to fighting in T1.

Seriously, BAD was pretty bad the first time I went up against them… they tried to portal bomb us and ended up just splitting their zerg and feeding us bags. They were lucky FEAR was there or else it would’ve been a total wipe.

Beastgate | Faerie Law

in WvW

Seigfried.5938

There is a lot of truth in what you say, but BG is stacked in relation to all servers (NA, don’t know about EU).

JQ had a lot of pre-season mojo and are now falling more and more behind.

I think BG forgets how many individuals move there on a constant basis. You don’t need large guild transfers when you have a steady stream of recruits.

It’s not our fault PVX are flocking to BG because we won the leagues. And JQ was doign fine untl Waha quit.

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Deli.1302

All T1 servers get a steady stream of recruits. That’s why T1 is such a good place for guilds hoping to get big or get recruits to combat attrition. This isn’t specific to the current T1 servers. Back when it was SoS/SBI/JQ, all three got steady individual recruits as well.

I’m also pretty sure JQ is doing pretty darn good right now compared to what it was like during leagues.

in WvW

Posted by: albotelho.2931

albotelho.2931

I have seen some BAD around, but not in big numbers, looks like a havoc guild but I cant say that for sure because never talked to one of then, thats just my impression from what I saw, I myself play a lot as roamer or in small havoc groups. TOFU I have not seen yet.

This week we have less people playing, I could say it is the worst week since season.

Turig Wolfsbane Norn Guardian
Rangrorn Charr Necromancer
Ultimate Legion [UL]

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

lol BG is full server now… bandwagon reached it’s limit it seems xD

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in WvW

Chris.3290

oh don’t worry, if you are bringing a guild over they will have some large groups log off for a few minutes.

Plus, don’t count out the devs yet. Just because they don’t have the time to update WvW doesn’t mean they don’t have the time to expand server caps again.

in WvW

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Soo I haven’t touched WvW on Sor since the 4th week of season 1. Can someone catch me up on the situation on this server?

IRON – Wrex left because of personal issues and new management decided to go back to EU?
TW – half the guild split up for some internal conflict of sorts?
FEAR – left the server recently?
RISE – Jarvan doesn’t play anymore and the guild is dead?
Hel – ?
Choo – ?

SAHP – ???

I’m sure I’m missing somemore guilds but I haven’t played WvW in such a long time.

in WvW

Seigfried.5938

oh don’t worry, if you are bringing a guild over they will have some large groups log off for a few minutes.

Plus, don’t count out the devs yet. Just because they don’t have the time to update WvW doesn’t mean they don’t have the time to expand server caps again.

I remember SoS did that back in the day >_>

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Posted by: Mirsa.1628

Mirsa.1628

Soo I haven’t touched WvW on Sor since the 4th week of season 1. Can someone catch me up on the situation on this server?

IRON – Wrex left because of personal issues and new management decided to go back to EU?
TW – half the guild split up for some internal conflict of sorts?
FEAR – left the server recently?
RISE – Jarvan doesn’t play anymore and the guild is dead?
Hel – ?
Choo – ?

SAHP – ???

I’m sure I’m missing somemore guilds but I haven’t played WvW in such a long time.

Hmm, let me try to help you out here.

IRON went back to EU, Gunnar’s Hold specifically. Talked to some old guildies there; they seem to be doing alright, actually.

TW had an internal split but I think the guild has become stronger with the influx of new recruits.

FEAR left for FA.

RISE is dead – a bunch of members are in TW now.

Hel is alive.

Choo is alive.

SAHP is dead. SSQ quit the game.

[GS] Gun Squad
Guild Master

in WvW

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

BG is experiencing the same thing JQ did this time last year. Winning by a huge margin every week, constant queue times, huge blobs that make you lag even going near them (as if the imminent death wasn’t bad enough), etc. If it keeps up, BG is going to see the same thing JQ did and your WvW guilds will just leave since they can’t get on the same map without ridiculous queue times (assuming they don’t want to wait for EOTM to be released).

A lot of this is probably brought on by the select few from BG gloating about things like the first Teq kill and being the obvious season 1 WvW winners. People like things to be handed to them. Even a few months back before the WvW season, we had people on JQ leaving to SoR when they were beating but us and you guys on BG. It didn’t make any sense to us on JQ because it was just ruining the balance even more. Now I don’t even think those guilds that transferred exist…see what greed does?

So yeah, you might get some easy bags on BG right now in WvW but eventually it leads to maps with outnumbered buffs, no commanders, and BG just roaming a map by themselves.

Maguuma Guardian

in WvW

Chris.3290

I remember SoS did that back in the day >_>

Yes, we did. That’s why I’m sure BG would do it.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not casting judgement on BG (despite continuing this thread with it’s snide title) but merely pointing out the absurdities that go into maintaining a #1 server.