Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

World vs. World Fall Tournament 2014

in WvW

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

My only issue is the rewards (which Anet continues yet again to balance properly)

Why are they offering stuff that is available outside of WvW and can be acquired at a non-fixed rate? I’m talking about all the ascended materials, obby shards and karma.

Who in their right mind would spend these valuable tickets on items such as that?

At least put in something that is worthwhile, such as a Tome of Knowledge, more exclusive minis – something that you cannot get with regularity outside of WvW

Also, they do not address guild renting.

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

With the same old PPT system, inevitable server stacking and people leaving for the winning server, I couldn’t say I’m excited all that much.
Plus, Gold League, if FA and MAG stay, they’ll be losing every week, so there’s really no competition, the score will be known before the season starts for the 4-6 servers.

in WvW

Posted by: MorganOneNine.1025

MorganOneNine.1025

How does someone participate in a tournament like this?

I see sections in the news story about achievements and rewards, but what’s involved with actually being a part of it in the first place? Do you just log in and play WvW during the timeframe, or do you actually need to sign up for something? That part I’m not clear on.

(edited by MorganOneNine.1025)

in WvW

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

I see a achivements and “how do I get rewards” section in the news story, but what’s involved with actually being a part of it in the first place? Do you just log in and play WvW during the timeframe, or do you actually need to sign up for something? That part I’m not clear on.

Just go play WvW. You don’t have to sign-up or anything. Just participate in WvW objectives.

It helps if you coordinate (or simply listen) with a WvW guild or your server’s WvW teamspeak server.

in WvW

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

With the same old PPT system, inevitable server stacking and people leaving for the winning server, I couldn’t say I’m excited all that much.
Plus, Gold League, if FA and MAG stay, they’ll be losing every week, so there’s really no competition, the score will be known before the season starts for the 4-6 servers.

Seeing how many big changes we are going to get with the feature patch in WvW it was kinda obvious that they won’t change too much with the new season. The removal of the lockouts is kinda stupid, though.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

(edited by kokiman.2364)

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I see a achivements and “how do I get rewards” section in the news story, but what’s involved with actually being a part of it in the first place? Do you just log in and play WvW during the timeframe, or do you actually need to sign up for something? That part I’m not clear on.

Just go play WvW. You don’t have to sign-up or anything. Just participate in WvW objectives.

It helps if you coordinate (or simply listen) with a WvW guild or your server’s WvW teamspeak server.

Well i think there are still going to be achievements, from the way I read it. Its just they change each of the week. To get credit you have to do whatever that weeks achievement(s) are. I wonder if it will be one achievement, with say do these X things Y times, though I don’t think we’ve had any achievements like that, its always been (not wvw tourny achievements either) only do this one thing (possibly x times).

Also, since the dolyak final reward buff/thing has an entry for each place (1 – 8 ) and (9-12), must be we’re going to be separated into the leagues again (bronze/silver/gold, 9/9/6 for us NA)?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

You have to get every weekly done? I’m a little bit miffed at that. It seems as though this would be a good place to give people leeway; 3 of 4 weeklies done should be enough to be eligible for the title.

Also, need to pick up the rewards in the week immediately after? That sounds somewhat shoddy. I’m guessing this is because of a time restraint rather than being an actual design decision, but if this tournament structure is taken well, I hope there’s a better solution in the pipe.

I also really like the sheer amount of rewards that you get for completing the weekly. Players on the bottom end of last tournament didn’t get very much; I think they got more from the bugfix mailsend than they did from actually finishing their meta. If you get your weeklies done, you’re practically assured 400 tokens.

I have to honestly say… Why not have this system all the time? Badges of Honor are a lot like Guild Influence; you get lots of it and it doesn’t matter. A second currency, akin to Guild Merits, which you get as a component of a weekly achievement block would be really neat and could go far to increasing the rewards you get from WvW.

My only issue is the rewards (which Anet continues yet again to balance properly)

Why are they offering stuff that is available outside of WvW and can be acquired at a non-fixed rate? I’m talking about all the ascended materials, obby shards and karma.

Who in their right mind would spend these valuable tickets on items such as that?

At least you can get these items. I’d much rather the opportunity than not.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

(edited by Sarrs.4831)

in WvW

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

Seems like there is an issue with the proposed reward structure:

- Tickets are rewarded after the end of each week’s match
- 1st gets 200, 2nd gets 150, 3rd gets 100
- You have 1 week to use your tickets before the next week’s reset or they are forfeited
- Mistforged Weapon costs 300 tickets.

At this point, I don’t see how a player can ever have more than 200 tickets in their inventory. It looks like they want people to buy the Hero weapon (100 tickets) and then possibly upgrade (200 tickets). However, in that case, why do they still show the 300 ticket option for the Mistforged weapon?

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard

in WvW

Posted by: chrisgr.3849

chrisgr.3849

well dont expect rewords or what ever..
at least is only 4 weeks and ppl will not burn out this time…
9 weeks tourny was a total stupid and have make ppl to leave the game for good

+now is all vs all…not the same fights in the end

P.S. im waiting to see how many ppl will come here for first time and start qq about the rewords
for sure wvwvw players will not complain about rewords cose he knows…tournaments dont have rewords..the server pride is the reword

(edited by chrisgr.3849)

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Hopefully there are no free transfers.

in WvW

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

- You have 1 week to use your tickets before the next week’s reset or they are forfeited

At this point, I don’t see how a player can ever have more than 200 tickets in their inventory. It looks like they want people to buy the Hero weapon (100 tickets) and then possibly upgrade (200 tickets). However, in that case, why do they still show the 300 ticket option for the Mistforged weapon?

“- You have 1 week to use your tickets before the next week’s reset or they are forfeited”

You misread that. You have 1 week to PICK UP your reward/tickets. You can save them forever and never spend them or spend them at the end of the tourney. They won’t go bad.

in WvW

Posted by: shadowraiden.8394

shadowraiden.8394

you completely missed the point. you dont have to spend them within that week only collect them from the NPC, you can then save them for as long as you wish.

in WvW

Posted by: LionZero.3479

LionZero.3479

Seems a step in the right direction in terms of rewards (even for losing servers), duration and participation.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Sounds like that i will get lot’s of bags in EotM.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

The rewards confusion arises from the way the announcement is worded.
Anet uses the term ‘rewards’ in context of the tickets.
They then also use the word ‘rewards’ in reference to what you can get with the tickets. So when talking about the need to use the ‘rewards’ before the end of the following match-up, there is bound to be confusion as to which rewards they are referring to.

Also – no mention of Gold, Silver and Bronze leagues .. and mention of Swiss style tourney – so potential for T1 server playing against T3+? This could be interesting.

Time will tell but this might actually work!

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

I really wish they would have changed the reward structure so that

1st 100 tickets
2nd 150 tickets
3rd 200 tickets

so as to discourage server stacking.

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

There will be still have major population disperancies which would make the PPT irrelevant, that is unless Anet comes up with a way to balance things out before the Season starts.

Or do they think the shorter duration will keep the majority of players fighting for the duration of the the tournament? Let’s say Desolation has hour long queues for the entire 4 weeks, tell me how is that good?

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

The good news is this is a much better format, most of the changes are positive and the duration is reasonable.

The bad news is they are still encouraging players to stack on strong servers. At least every server will get a fair number of tickets so even players on losing servers can eek out a Mistforged weapon.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Kuju.2153

Kuju.2153

Eventually, these seasons (scoring system in general) are going to take it’s toll on a number of servers that are still generally alive/active. Having people flock from a lower population server in each league, and stacking to a select few in order to all but ensure better rewards; plus most servers getting beat down each week, and knowing they have zero chance of winning is going to start to really add up. It’s not just about the length of time the seasons are, but the fact they aren’t even remotely competitive for a very high percentage of the servers involved making the system out to be a joke with no real changes on the horizon to curve the situation.

Yeah, I play on a server that prefers fights over PPT, and I agree with that mindset because we all know PPT is too dependent on coverage gaps. However, it would be really great to actually have something competitive to strive for outside of just field fights. Almost every match-up I’ve been involved in is either we have significant coverage over the other servers or vice versa. Eventually the system has to become overall more competitive or it will just continue to shrink down.

I know it’s not a true 1-to-1 comparison, but there is never going to be a decent league that I would want to watch that starts out teams by limiting the ability for some to compete which is how these WvW seasons start out. You get probably 1, maybe 2, and if you are very lucky, 3, servers that can even compete for “winning” their particular league.

(edited by Kuju.2153)

in WvW

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Yet another tournament with barely nothing new. They must really think that the new trick is going to completely alter WvW and solve a lot of problem.
Let’s hope they aren’t too wrong.

1st 100 tickets
2nd 150 tickets
3rd 200 tickets

So…EotM for 4 weeks is what you want ?

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Now they they’ve announced the tournament, they should lock the servers down now to prevent any transfers. It shouldn’t affect PvE anyway because of the mega server system.

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

There will be still have major population disperancies which would make the PPT irrelevant, that is unless Anet comes up with a way to balance things out before the Season starts.

Or do they think the shorter duration will keep the majority of players fighting for the duration of the the tournament? Let’s say Desolation has hour long queues for the entire 4 weeks, tell me how is that good?

The thought occurs to me that now what server you are on makes not the slightest bit of difference in PvE, it might be PvE Guilds that may be tempted to move to a lower population server since they will be less inclined to want to wait on lengthy queues to get on with their achievements.

A big ask, I know, but distinctly possible.

And with the rewards being match-up specific rather than the overall tourney winner, servers lower down the tiers have just as much chance of getting a lot of the rewards as someone on T1. The incentive to move up tiers is dampened. In fact, there’s now an incentive to move down tier, if you’re after rewards.

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

in WvW

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

I do sir, I hate the Mistforged skins (“ascended re-skins” with effects) and already got the mini, only thing left to use them is on materials.

At least put in something that is worthwhile, such as a Tome of Knowledge, more exclusive minis – something that you cannot get with regularity outside of WvW

Tomes of Knowledge or exclusive minis will surely make me spend my tickets on those ^^

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

(edited by ghost.3208)

in WvW

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

I still think rewards should be based on a ratio of score to active wvw population

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Oh look another season, just what WvW players everywhere wanted!

…At what point can we have someone who actually plays WvW and cares about competitive health at the forefront of the design team. Devon clearly has no clue what his community wants and is far to pensive to make the changes needed for a healthy environment.

(edited by TexZero.7910)

in WvW

Swamurabi.7890

Yet another tournament with barely nothing new. They must really think that the new trick is going to completely alter WvW and solve a lot of problem.
Let’s hope they aren’t too wrong.

1st 100 tickets
2nd 150 tickets
3rd 200 tickets

So…EotM for 4 weeks is what you want ?

What I want is also what a lot of other WvW players want, and that is balanced matches, instead of the 2 year old meta of coverage beats skill.

Having tournaments AND a game mechanic that rewards stacking on a few servers is never going to grow WvW.

As for EotM, that’s not balanced either.

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

So after all this time, they still didn’t so anything about the 2v1 situation among servers and tiers.

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in WvW

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

For those asking for more balanced matches I challenge you to come up with a idea that will 100% work in another thread. This includes keeping in mind the following.

1.) Not just a 1-2 hour game but something that is about a week long.
2.) Something that will not drive the population though the roof.
3.) Allow a maximum of 200-300 players to participate at any given period of time.
4.) Something that will not develop large queues.
5.) Something that will not turn into exactly what you are upset about. Stacking on the winning team.
6.) Something that will get pride in a chosen faction and allow friends to play together.

I think you will find it is no so easy to do this.

My only concern is how hard the meta will be. A lot of players do not have a extensive period of time to play each week. Already some will be left out due to school/vacation/other.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

(edited by anzenketh.3759)

in WvW

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

The biggest issue with WvW is, and pretty much always has been, HUGE population disparities between servers.

Not sure what they can do, but until that issue is addressed in a meaningful way, the WvW experience is unlikely to improve.

in WvW

Valik Shin.9027

For those asking for more balanced matches I challenge you to come up with a idea that will 100% work in another thread. This includes keeping in mind the following.

3.) Allow a maximum of 200-300 players to participate at any given period of time.
5.) Something that will not turn into exactly what you are upset about. Stacking on the winning team.
6.) Something that will get pride in a chosen faction and allow friends to play together.

My only concern is how hard the meta will be. A lot of players do not have a extensive period of time to play each week. Already some will be left out due to school/vacation/other.

Rewards based on a ratio of active wvw population to score. Perfect? No but still better than what we have

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Now they they’ve announced the tournament, they should lock the servers down now to prevent any transfers. It shouldn’t affect PvE anyway because of the mega server system.

They said no lockouts. I guess that means you can hop servers and still get some of the rewards, maybe not the buffs from the Statues, but I don’t know.

It seems that the actual Ticket Rewards are quite underwhelming for a reason though.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

if you win x4 you get 800 tickets. Not underwhelming. Although if you are often second/third, it’s really a bit low.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in WvW

Swamurabi.7890

The thought occurs to me that now what server you are on makes not the slightest bit of difference in PvE, it might be PvE Guilds that may be tempted to move to a lower population server since they will be less inclined to want to wait on lengthy queues to get on with their achievements.

A big ask, I know, but distinctly possible.

And with the rewards being match-up specific rather than the overall tourney winner, servers lower down the tiers have just as much chance of getting a lot of the rewards as someone on T1. The incentive to move up tiers is dampened. In fact, there’s now an incentive to move down tier, if you’re after rewards.

What happened in most of the leagues (NA Gold the exception) was that there was one server that won every match, one server that lost every match. The other servers either came in second every match or flipped between 1st and 3rd. This ended up stabilizing into a one up one down system with each team flipping between two possible matchups.

There were only a couple “upsets” in each league during season 2.

For a 9 team league, swiss style matches for season 3, the expected results should be…

1) 800 tickets
2) 650 tickets
3) 600 tickets
4) 650 tickets
5) 600 tickets
6) 550 tickets
7) 600 tickets
8) 550 tickets
9) 400 tickets

So if you are in the tournament for the tickets, stack the best server and avoid the 9th server as well the 6th and 8th ranked servers.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

So after all this time, they still didn’t so anything about the 2v1 situation among servers and tiers.

I’m sure you’ve been planning this message for quite some time, but did you even read the blog post? If you did read it, let me ask you a question:

" Each matchup will be unique, and every win—or upset—will make a huge difference!"

If every matchup is unique, how exactly do you see a 2v1 working? Getting a 2v1 organized isn’t easy, and there is no way 2 random servers are going to be able to do that.

in WvW

Swamurabi.7890

Even with match fixing like what happened in NA Gold last season, since there’s only 4 weeks the totals would look like

1) 600 tickets
2) 750 tickets
3) 650 tickets
4) 600 tickets
5) 600 tickets
6) 400 tickets

This assumes that 2nd and 3rd ranked servers match fix when they go against the 1st ranked server. If the 2nd and 3rd servers also match fixed the matches against the 4th ranked server they’d both end up with 700 tickets.

(edited by Swamurabi.7890)

in WvW

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Rewards based on a ratio of active wvw population to score. Perfect? No but still better than what we have

How do you determine active WvW population in a fair and balance way. Secondly, you solution punishes players on active servers, while YOU as a player might not care, developers have to care. Anet has to be as fair as possible, that’s is their job.

So really your solution is terrible. Anyways, so glad you are not a developer.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in WvW

anzenketh.3759

That is why we have the gold silver and bronze tiers.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I find it interesting that they omitted a couple of things.

1. They didn’t mention free or reduced price transfers. Great if there aren’t any.

2. They did not specify the leagues. Or even mention leagues.

• I think the assumption of the same previous leagues may not be correct.
  • They specifically mentioned rewarding 9th – 12th place. Why say that if there aren’t going to be a 10th, 11th and 12th place server. Meaning at least 12 team leagues (maybe 9 still in EU). (Or China – how many servers do they have?)

I’m hoping for a different league structure myself.

in WvW

Posted by: GreenAlien.5623

GreenAlien.5623

I like the changes, good work anet!

in WvW

Valik Shin.9027

How do you determine active WvW population in a fair and balance way. Secondly, you solution punishes players on active servers, while YOU as a player might not care, developers have to care. Anet has to be as fair as possible, that’s is their job.

To make people spread out and not stack u have to punish the most active servers. I gives incentive to move to less active servers. It rewards skill over numbers. As for counting numbers that’s a bit tricky. Could b based on number of people who completed the achievement , having to spend a certain amount of time in wvw, experience gained or a mix of all 3. Again counting active is the hard part.

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

The “fix” to this has already been suggested in many, many posts. A guild group system where each week guilds are put together to fight other guilds based on typical guild play time and duration. Guilds could form alliances and declare war on other guilds adding a layer of politics to the system. The number of matches would expand and contract based on the total number of active WvW players so no one match up gets too many queues. Each week the system would shuffle the guild group deck so nothing gets stale. While this system doesn’t prevent blow outs they would be an anomaly in comparison to the current system.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Faction vs Faction vs Faction or Guild vs Guild vs Guild (or whatever you wan’t to call it).

We already have 3 factions in the game now and 3 borderlands (how convenient), spread the population across the 3 factions so the numbers are a close as possible. Now create multiple instances of each map and additional instances of each map are only available once the previous map is nearly filled from each side. This should be very easy for friends and guilds to align together.

Split the match up into 3 separate PPT systems (best score out of 3 at the end, how many time slots did the faction win). Time frames: Midnight to 8, 8 to 4, and 4 to midnight. That way a server heavily stacked in one time slot does not ensure victory, only solid 24 hour coverage does. Keep the match a week long, and it’s best out of 3.

There should be no ques due to new maps opening up once others become close to being full. Very difficult to stack a faction when the numbers are relatively even, plus the addition of the PPT split into 3 time slots negates the effectiveness of stacking as it’ll be almost impossible to tell where coverage lacks.

If they make it faction vs faction (though I like the sound of Guild vs Guild better), they could create a whole new set of items and siege unique to the particular guild, along with a set of achievements and skins.

I think that about covers it.

in WvW

anzenketh.3759

The “fix” to this has already been suggested in many, many posts. A guild group system where each week guilds are put together to fight other guilds based on typical guild play time and duration. Guilds could form alliances and declare war on other guilds adding a layer of politics to the system. The number of matches would expand and contract based on the total number of active WvW players so no one match up gets too many queues. Each week the system would shuffle the guild group deck so nothing gets stale. While this system doesn’t prevent blow outs they would be an anomaly in comparison to the current system.

As I said another thread and there is problems with that suggestion. I started one for people who want to discuss that.

DeadlySynz.3471 yours also has problems also. However the changing the way PPT is calculated does have merit to solving coverage but not population It also has other issues. If you would like to continue the discussion see the other thread.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Discussion-Population-problem/

(edited by anzenketh.3759)

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

4 weeks long tournament is definitely an improvement. In 9 server league it means that each server is facing the other 8 servers exactly once. The rewards are also better: up to 800 tickets for the winner of all 4 weeks.

I am just worried about the upcoming queues. Desolation has been a really great server to play on. We haven’t had much any queues (besides a regular 2-30 man queue to EB during prime) in past 2 months. No queues = no waiting. When the Fall Tournament will start I am sure we will have long queues as we are currently rising to EU rank #1. This is one of the main reasons why I haven’t been actively recruiting any more, as I want to keep up the relatively queue free situation and rather have the opposing servers suffer from the queues.

I really hope there won’t be any free transfers to the top servers. The bottom servers need help (and merging).

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

4 weeks tournament! good decision! weekly rewards! soo much wow! i like this things.
i hope they will add repeatable achievements too

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

To make people spread out and not stack u have to punish the most active servers. I gives incentive to move to less active servers. It rewards skill over numbers. As for counting numbers that’s a bit tricky. Could b based on number of people who completed the achievement , having to spend a certain amount of time in wvw, experience gained or a mix of all 3. Again counting active is the hard part.

You are not the first person to suggest that.

Arenanet isn’t going to force players to move. Rarely do companies ever do that unless it is absolutely necessary. So that is a terrible suggestion. Moving players involves breaking up guilds separating from and possibly family from each other, a company like Arenanet will never do that.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in WvW

Posted by: chrisgr.3849

chrisgr.3849

wowwwwww
how many ppl that never see them to this section they r posting tooday about the wv3 reword

dint know that we have that many active players on this section

in WvW

Posted by: Gaab.4257

Gaab.4257

The last “season” and the related population move just demolished my (T9) server. I wonder what this 3rd will do.

in WvW

Swamurabi.7890

4 weeks long tournament is definitely an improvement. In 9 server league it means that each server is facing the other 8 servers exactly once. The rewards are also better: up to 800 tickets for the winner of all 4 weeks.

I am just worried about the upcoming queues. Desolation has been a really great server to play on. We haven’t had much any queues (besides a regular 2-30 man queue to EB during prime) in past 2 months. No queues = no waiting. When the Fall Tournament will start I am sure we will have long queues as we are currently rising to EU rank #1. This is one of the main reasons why I haven’t been actively recruiting any more, as I want to keep up the relatively queue free situation and rather have the opposing servers suffer from the queues.

I really hope there won’t be any free transfers to the top servers. The bottom servers need help (and merging).

It’s a Swiss-style tournament, meaning that you face off against servers closer to your own, not that you play each server once.

I hope Anet learned their lesson from HoD in season 2 that allowing free transfers doesn’t translate into permanent population shifts.