WvW Achievements are unrealistic

in WvW

Posted by: GoodWithGravy.8019

GoodWithGravy.8019

Wow, 8 months. Well necro’d.

Living story achievements appearing every 2 weeks, couldn’t change the values attached to already existing ones in 8 months.

What the, I don’t even…..

in WvW

Posted by: Melfice.5091

Melfice.5091

When they announced the change to ranks in Spvp to make dragon rank easier to obtain, I was kinda hoping for WvW achievements to get the same treatment

Professional noob guardian

in WvW

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

Also: how on earth does the OP justify an infraction?

He made a post that doesn’t generate healthy discussion (see: gemstore sales).

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

This issue has been a sore spot since release for many a WvW player. Now that we are years in and no fix in sight, I pretty much have given up on them actually addressing this issue. The April 15th patch looks promising, but this oversight has gone on for a ridiculously long time.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

Well necroed indeed. I remember this one, but couldn’t find it. Now the ones that weren’t around 8 months ago can see what does “in the near future” means, when it’s for WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

I’ve said it before, and I will repeat it here. We are aware of the problems with the WvW achievements and will be doing more to address them in the near future. Currently it is more complicated to solve the problems than I would like, which means we need to have a fully comprehensive solution before doing anything.

Is it near future, yet? Its been 8 months since your post…

in WvW

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Temporary achievements for WvW seasons is a good solution. Also, three achievement points for the daily.

Problem solved.

(A lot of the counting achievements like kills are biased by choice of server, so ANET’s solution here is actually pretty genius).

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in WvW

Kitiara.2706

Temporary achievements for WvW seasons is a good solution. Also, three achievement points for the daily.

Problem solved.

(A lot of the counting achievements like kills are biased by choice of server, so ANET’s solution here is actually pretty genius).

o.O Your logic fails me, completely.

in WvW

Posted by: amberlin.5124

amberlin.5124

We are aware of the problems with the WvW achievements and will be doing more to address them in the near future.

Feature update! Oh wait nvm -.-

Brilliant forum necromancy!

I am moved from epic cynicism to full on gem boycott. So sad.

The credibility of Devon’s word (and by association, all RED posts) are diminished. It is unfortunate that the net effect is to push RED further into silence.

I’d like to see an apology or an admission of failure to initiate a recovery of credibility. But I honestly believe that any RED moral/ethical compass will be trumped by the legal beagles or the bean counters. I won’t hold my breath… I hope I’m wrong.

There is a saying… “It takes a thousand ‘Atta-boys’ to make up for one ‘Ah-kitten!’”

in WvW

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

I’ve said it before, and I will repeat it here. We are aware of the problems with the WvW achievements and will be doing more to address them in the near future. Currently it is more complicated to solve the problems than I would like, which means we need to have a fully comprehensive solution before doing anything.

Still waiting babycakes.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in WvW

Posted by: Slaptjip.4895

Slaptjip.4895

Still waiting babycakes.

Performance management does not seem to exist in this organisation but then again, I don’t pay subs so it does not really matter to me.

I have a total wvw lvl of 432 accross 3 toons and can say the wvw achievements (main) are nothing short of a joke.

I have long forgotten about them, Anet may as well remove them completely since their commitment to amend (8 months and nothing) is about as pathetic as the work put into research before creating them.

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

It’s ironic that despite (or because, I wonder) gamers being probably the most cynical/jaded customer base a product can have, video game companies are allowed by far the most leniency among multi-billion industries when it comes to track record, professionalism and customer relations, as the red words in this thread once again prove.

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Wow, 8 months. Well necro’d.

Living story achievements appearing every 2 weeks, couldn’t change the values attached to already existing ones in 8 months.

What the, I don’t even…..

^^^

This.

Also, why was the original OP infracted? They did nothing wrong!

The titles in WvW need fixing so that they take a ‘mere’ 2 years to complete not 10-20 years after your dead and buried…

in WvW

Pavel.8531

Oh look, shouting worked. My bad.

Oh look, “We’re working on it.”

Offer to cry in a corner still available. Anyone…?

^ I just had to quote this 8 months old post for it says the sad thruth.

in WvW

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Problem solved.

o.O Your logic fails me, completely.

The problem was that WvW players Were not getting achievement awards because the lifetime based permanant ones were unrealistic.

The solution was to add WvW daily achievement awards (3 of them, in addition to PvE one that can be completed in WvW), and to add short term bonus achievement points for seasons similar to living story.

This is a great solution because it gets WvW players extra achievements to keep up, while keeping the permanant ones intact. Plus, balance issues cause by the fact that big servers have different gameplay than smaller servers are solved by the cap on the seasonal bonus achievements.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

The problem was that WvW players Were not getting achievement awards because the lifetime based permanant ones were unrealistic.

The solution was to add WvW daily achievement awards (3 of them, in addition to PvE one that can be completed in WvW), and to add short term bonus achievement points for seasons similar to living story.

WvW player still have much less achievements to get than PvE.

WvW got special achievements twice over a year, and PvE got them every second week over a year. Thats 2:26 in special achievements

Daily’s are more or less even now.

The amount of points and the number of intermediate steps in the WvW-achievements are still ridiculous small.
Why not a repetitive achievement (like scrapping) 5 pts every 5000 kills?
5pts every 200 dolyaks.

And yeah the titles like dolyak slapper are still not reachable.
GW2 will be shutdown before anyone will reach that.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: Myth Shaia.4856

Myth Shaia.4856

20 years for Yakslapper title…does it have a bonus chest too? Imagine what could be in there…. o.o Oh, oh, that could make for a good new topic!

…from elsewhere…
“I am not a complete idiot, there are some components missing still!” …

in WvW

Posted by: Radioactive.1248

Radioactive.1248

Be patient guys, actually just wait forever. All development teams are currently too busy working on the enthralling chokes on own vomit living story. What will scarlett do next? kittening facepalm.

Star Player
[KEK]

in WvW

Dayra.7405

20 years for Yakslapper title…

We can start a bet, what will be the chronological order of the following events:
- GW4 goes online
- GW2 shuts down
- Someone get the Yakslapper title (unpatched)
- The WvW-achievements get patches

in WvW

Flytrap.8075

Feature patch 2016 baby!

I can imagine the blog post already.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in WvW

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

I got my 10.000 yak killed recently, so I’m nearly there. 990.000 more to go.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in WvW

Posted by: Thorquist.8126

Thorquist.8126

Changes to WvW achievements? Soon ®

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

If you divide 10,000 by 990,000 you get 0.010101010101010101010101010101

148,5 more years if you started 18 months ago…

in WvW

Posted by: Myth Shaia.4856

Myth Shaia.4856

Ho boy! That’s a mean binary notation you have going there _

…from elsewhere…
“I am not a complete idiot, there are some components missing still!” …

in WvW

Posted by: Srolo.5208

Srolo.5208

I’m just going to say that I started playing on day 1. In that time I’ve seen ONE person with a WvW title and it was a thief with Yakslapper. I should have taken a screenshot. Needless to say I was impressed at his commitment.

in WvW

Flytrap.8075

I’m just going to say that I started playing on day 1. In that time I’ve seen ONE person with a WvW title and it was a thief with Yakslapper. I should have taken a screenshot. Needless to say I was impressed at his commitment.

I don’t believe you.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in WvW

Posted by: Srolo.5208

Srolo.5208

I don’t believe you.

You see interesting things on Blackgate…Like the Mithril Invader I saw a few weeks ago on TC…..

in WvW

Kitiara.2706

20 years for Yakslapper title…does it have a bonus chest too? Imagine what could be in there…. o.o Oh, oh, that could make for a good new topic!

50 empyreal shards. Enjoy!!

in WvW

Posted by: meep.2601

meep.2601

this thread is great

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

50 empyreal shards. Enjoy!!

50 ? If Hugh is on the case we will get a blue. a green and an essence of luck. If Devon is
just going to be a spike. I am surprised they haven’t doubled the points needed anyway.
Would probably be their next major wvw update in 20 years. so it stays as a long term progression system.

in WvW

Posted by: StanleyJohny.8047

StanleyJohny.8047

Just look at the numbers that we got :

1’000’000 dolly to kill for Yakslapper
Lets think that we can kill 100 dollys per day, then it will take you ~27 years to get it.

Another titles are :
Stonemist Stands Firm–Again – defend SM 500’000 times :
Defending it 50 times per day will also take you ~27 years to get it.

King of the Castle – captrue SM 25’000 times :
Capturing it 10 times per day will take you almost 7 year sto get it.

And keep in mind, fact that numers “per day” are unrealistic in my calculations.

in WvW

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

LOL @ the fact that ANet seems “unable” to fix something so terribly askew. And honestly, did anyone think about these before they were implemented? A robot playing WvW 24/7 would take about 15 years to complete these. I’m truly all for a challenge, but … no.

On a side note, I notice ANet tries so hard to get PvE players into WvW (i.e. must have WvW maps in world completion, puts WvW AP in daily). Yet, here is a great way to get them there, for long periods of time, and they just keep ignoring it. PvE’ers love AP.

Also, it would be really awesome to actually reward people who play WvW for a change.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Would making the WvW titles be similar to the Luxon/Kurzick titles in GW1 work?

Basically creating like 10 tiers within each of the achievements and then providing anyone who reaches Tier 1 with a Title, and every followed tier upgrades that title.

Also greatly increasing the AP you get for each of the tier (titles) would help.

It’s small, but it’s something I guess.

In the likes of;

Current System:

Tier 1: +1 AP
Tier 2: +5 AP
Tier 3: +5 AP
Tier 4: +10 AP
Tier 5: +10 AP
Tier 6: +20 AP Title: Ultimate Dominator

New system:

Tier 1: +1 AP, Title: First Blood
Tier 2: +10 AP, Title: Realm Avenger
Tier 3: +25 AP, Title: Veteran Avenger
Tier 4: +50 AP, Title: Champion Avenger
Tier 5: +75 AP, Title: Ultimate Avenger
Tier 6: +100 AP Title: Realm Dominator
Tier 7: +200 AP, Title: Veteran Dominator
Tier 8: +300 AP, Title: Champion Dominator
Tier 9: +400 AP, Title: Ultimate Dominator
Tier 10: +500 AP, Title: Legendary Dominator

250k kills would still be needed to reach Tier 10.

I have to say that was a very intriguing posting… Too bad it was ignored

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: Darknass.1903

Darknass.1903

I had an idea about this recently… Basically to just remove the last tier of each of the achievements. So for example instead of having to kill 1,000,00 yaks you would only need 100,000. This would make most of them a much more feasible target, still very much a long term goal, but still feasible.

Also maybe bumping the achievement points for the higher tiers by possibly 5-10 times more to reflect the long term goal of it.

Also while a title is great maybe add a choice of exclusive armor or weapons, like those from the general achievement rewards? This would make the players who have earned these achievements really stand out in the zerg.

HoD – Ranger, Ele, Guard, Engie.

“The best defense is a strong offense.”

(edited by Darknass.1903)

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

That will still take 10years for active wvwer to get yakslapper. I was surprise that ultimate dominator was 250k and the rest of the achievements are 2-4x the amount. I guess A-net dev thought wvw was a pve zone :P.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in WvW

Posted by: GoodWithGravy.8019

GoodWithGravy.8019

People are throwing out numbers so here is one I like:

Defend objective x events last 3 minutes.
Defending Stonemist 500,000 times is ~1,042 days, or 2.85 years of continuous play.
Wat.

in WvW

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

8 months later. after 1st wvw season. @ 2nd wvw season we got a 15 april patch with…

in WvW

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

“I started playing gw2 during beta, got really into WvW within my first month, and since then I have spent an average of 90% of my time in WvW and have amassed a cumulative 200+ Ranks.”

Reading this made me laugh so hard i stopped reading.

in WvW

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

Any word on progress with this topic? How convoluted is your achievements database that it can’t handle some tweaks to a few values? Have you explored the option of moving the current broken WvW achieves to historical and releasing ones that work? What’s the real harm in that anyway, they’re as good as a gangrenous limb in their current state.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Any word on progress with this topic? How convoluted is your achievements database that it can’t handle some tweaks to a few values? Have you explored the option of moving the current broken WvW achieves to historical and releasing ones that work? What’s the real harm in that anyway, they’re as good as a gangrenous limb in their current state.

They’ve said before… it’s meant to take forever to get them.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Dayra.7405

They’ve said before… it’s meant to take forever to get them.

That’s fine, iff
- there are many many intermediate steps that can be reached
- the titles do not take forever (your first pve title you earn after some
minutes, the only reachable wvw-title needed around a year of intensive play.)

in WvW

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

late 2162 c.e. , the year I finally get my Yakslapper title. Looking forward to it. And space travel and robots. And not being dead for a century already.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in WvW

Posted by: BulletNG.7069

BulletNG.7069

What does ANet consider “in the near future”?
8 months later and still nothing.

Dawn of Dementia [DUI] – Yak’s Bend
Formerly: Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] – Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

I’d like to see easier to obtain achievements in WvW, but I also want to maintain my lifetime counts for kills, captures, yaks, and all those things.

This could probably be done by making reasonable one-time achievements for the titles which unlock an infinitely repeatable achievement for the same thing, similar to how dungeon master works.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in WvW

Posted by: buckeyecro.9614

buckeyecro.9614

It’s ironic that despite (or because, I wonder) gamers being probably the most cynical/jaded customer base a product can have, video game companies are allowed by far the most leniency among multi-billion industries when it comes to track record, professionalism and customer relations, as the red words in this thread once again prove.

Its partly why I support Small Businesses and Independent Businesses whenever I possibly can.

Sanctum of Rall NA Engineer Commander

Guild Wars 2 needs a Public Beta Environment

in WvW

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

So nothing from ANet on this? Sure would be appreciated to get an update. WvWers need love too.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

In pvp there are a lot of title for one thing. (Titles for rank points) you can count it, put on title and feel what you achived…

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: kyro.8162

kyro.8162

“I started playing gw2 during beta, got really into WvW within my first month, and since then I have spent an average of 90% of my time in WvW and have amassed a cumulative 200+ Ranks.”

Reading this made me laugh so hard i stopped reading.

You do realize that post was made 9 months ago, right?

Sanctum of Rall
New Namek [Kami]
Guardian/Ele/Warrior/Engi/Mes/Necro/Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

The best part about this is the OP was infracted. Oh a customer has feed back infraction!

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

in WvW

Pavel.8531

War… err Battle Standart on this thread, because I actually would like to be an Ultimate Technician before 2020.