WvW Tournament Rewards Distribution Delay

in WvW

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

I wonder if this is also because they realized that everyone should get at least 1 shiny weapon for doing the Meta so they have to revise the ticket prices as well. As someone from Dragonbrand, I seriously hope this is the case. Seriously… no seriously. /cries in corner

I’d be happy if they solved this by deleting all tickets and giving everyone with the Meta 1 shiny weapon tomorrow. Then they can take until the next season ends to figure out who gets 0-200 tickets or whatever based on where they placed.

in WvW

Posted by: Jones.9756

Jones.9756

The amount of people who are so aggravated over this that they felt the need to write an insulting post. Take 2 weeks if you need, not having my new, shiny shield skin is not going to impact my life in any way at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

To be honest this is the best way to handle it. Now they can trace everyone who owns tournement tokens (and know they had chest) and the ppl without it dont. Otherwise it’s a mess like ‘but but i didnt get chest, sorry sir, you have traces of tournement tokens, no no no i didnt, but you use them no no no i didnt’. No it’s either ‘yes you have them’ or ‘no you dont have them’. This message shows they care about the issue, and that’s all i need to know.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

So let me see if I’m understanding this because it really is unbelievable.

Some people STILL have not received their Season 1 rewards, months go by and Season 2 is announced, Season 2 comes to a close and shockingly there is an issue with the rewarding.

Meanwhile Season 1 rewards still have not been corrected for those that did not receive them, now your asking us to be patient while you fix the rewards for Season 2 … have I mentioned you still have an issue with Season 1 rewards ?

Seeing your time frame for fixing the Season 1 rewards I’m just going to say how do you plan on compensating us because apparently this fix is going to take months.

TBH, I don’t even care that much about the craptastic rewards because you either stacked and didn’t work for it and will receive top rewards or you busted your kitten for 9 weeks and get kitten. However the way you guys run your company and treat your customers is a complete and utter joke.

in WvW

Posted by: Arkard.3970

Arkard.3970

Another in a long series of failures…

Miyako [Kupo] – 80 Thief
Tarnished Coast Server

in WvW

Posted by: StudioDraven.6538

StudioDraven.6538

I think this is the right call. I can wait.

in WvW

Posted by: Lordphantomhive.1256

Lordphantomhive.1256

*shrugs * Very well, having that NPC go active with the current issues going around could make a bigger mess, so it for the best.

Darkness becomes light, light falls into darkness.

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Tell that to the PLAYERS who still haven’t received their season ONE rewards.

There is only so LONG you can FOOL people before they stop believing in you.

And why do you think they push back the rewards for S2 now then instead of doing the same thing as they did in S1?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Regnum.7102

Regnum.7102

Y’all are thieves.

in WvW

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

Now they can trace everyone who owns tournement tokens (and know they had chest) and the ppl without it dont. Otherwise it’s a mess like ‘but but i didnt get chest, sorry sir, you have traces of tournement tokens, no no no i didnt, but you use them no no no i didnt’

DUDE, it wasn’t SANTA CLAUS who gave people the tickets. It was ArenaNet. They should AT LEAST have logs showing who has received the chest. If they didn’t know EVEN that, some people would have RECEIVED their chests more than ONCE (and it would look laughably BAD for ArenaNet).

And why do you think they push back the rewards for S2 now then instead of doing the same thing as they did in S1?

For the SAME reason why they DIDN’T prevent the SAME mistake from happening with SEASON 2 rewards after it happened in season 1: POOR planning.

in WvW

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

Methinks, this is the right/wise/fair decision even if it’s kinda late.
It could have been better/wiser/fairer if season 2 was never started until everyone gets their rewards from season 1.

So, Anet, please don’t start a new season if there are some unsolved issues/bugs lingering from the previous season to avoid this kind of mess.

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Dash.7108

Dash.7108

This is disappointing and unacceptable, please start testing your patches Anet.

in WvW

Posted by: Dragonax.6487

Dragonax.6487

Making people wait for a reward is bad enough, this is just terrible. And this doesnt look like the sort of issue Anet could fix in a day ( or they would fix it already ). I guess one more week then, but if I really want to show how I feel about this I should delete all the ticket.

in WvW

Posted by: mazzy.5389

mazzy.5389

All of this reminds me of the tournament prediction rewards in the original Guild Wars. They had major problems getting the correct rewards to players back then and ended shutting down the rewards entirely. Hope they had learned from that time, but we will see.

in WvW

Posted by: Erathill.1632

Erathill.1632

Wow.. guys, really it is that big deal that you will get your reward a bit later? I also wait for mine but technical issues just happens. Maybe it’s someone’s mistake, maybe not- but still if you earn your tickets and didn’t get them by this mistake it’s nothing to worry about

in WvW

Posted by: jakep.9572

jakep.9572

Now they can trace everyone who owns tournement tokens (and know they had chest) and the ppl without it dont. Otherwise it’s a mess like ‘but but i didnt get chest, sorry sir, you have traces of tournement tokens, no no no i didnt, but you use them no no no i didnt’

DUDE, it wasn’t SANTA CLAUS who gave people the tickets. It was ArenaNet. They should AT LEAST have logs showing who has received the chest. If they didn’t know EVEN that, some people would have RECEIVED their chests more than ONCE (and it would look laughably BAD for ArenaNet).

We already have evidence that they have made a similar mistake with reward logs in the past, as people have gotten multiple karka event reward chests and birthday presents (on the same character) due to attempts to get these rewards to those who missed them. And yes, it does look laughably bad

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

Wow.. guys, really it is that big deal that you will get your reward a bit later? I also wait for mine but technical issues just happens. Maybe it’s someone’s mistake, maybe not- but still if you earn your tickets and didn’t get them by this mistake it’s nothing to worry about

Its not the rewards, its also not the case of making a mistake. Its a case of making several mistakes over and over, then expecting the community they neglect and ignore to understand and be positive. Maybe if they pretended to care about WvW once in awhile, people would be understanding.

in WvW

Posted by: Siobhan.6027

Siobhan.6027

I don’t expect every reward system, patch, etc. to go live without bugs/problems but at this point things are beyond ridiculous. Invest in some quality assurance.

in WvW

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

This is the right call. I did get my chest but I don’t mind waiting to ensure it’s fair for everyone.

Thank you for giving us the heads up, Mark.

in WvW

Posted by: LegitMudkip.2173

LegitMudkip.2173

Not even surprised anymore…. when is Archeage beta coming out?

Commander Abisinka :: Bag Force [SF] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

A hard call to make. Any choice short of a timely fix would have upset the player base. The choice to delay upsets the portion that received their ticket without a hitch but it keeps those affected by the bug(s) from feeling disenfranchised.

I don’t envy your position. Hopefully a fix is well underway, ideally with a solution for those still missing season rewards as well.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

in WvW

Posted by: Arlette.9684

Arlette.9684

I can’t remember the last time the guys from Blizz pulled any of the stuff you guys pull on a weekly basis, where does this end?

Moira Dreamweaver lvl 80 Guardian [TG], Sky Mira lvl 80 Ranger [TG]
Isle of Janthir
All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

tuesday gonna be a 1 boring day for me

R.I.P Kumu <3

in WvW

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I can’t remember the last time the guys from Blizz pulled any of the stuff you guys pull on a weekly basis, where does this end?

That’s because no one can remember the last time the guys from Blizz actually released any content.

in WvW

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

They’re not punishing people who already got their rewards. They’re trying to avoid creating a rift between people who did and those who didn’t. How would you feel if you didn’t get your ticket but people around you were flaunting their shining new skins?

Now I do agree that ArenaNet is just super bad with these. Some people still haven’t gotten their rewards from season 1 and it is unacceptable.

My advice for ArenaNet: if you don’t know how to do it properly, then don’t do it at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

God kitten and I was excited for tomorrow T___T

Guess its sorta kinda fair

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Dear devs, if you gonna re-use contents by just changing the achievements then at least check if you are counting the achievements correctly. It seems like rewarding the players in GW2 is such a complex issue that even the devs can’t figure it out.

But on the positive side, I think you guys are making the right decision to cause frustration for 100% of players instead of 50% of us. GG

The achievements are working. Got the achievement and the title. It’s whatever triggers the chest that isn’t working. No idea why, since I’ve been on my server since before the start of season one.

Shouldn’t be that hard to identify the group of players that has the achievement but no tickets. I doubt that anyone has thrown them away.

(edited by Wanderer.3248)

in WvW

Test.8734

How would you feel if you didn’t get your ticket but people around you were flaunting their shining new skins?

I WOULDN’T care.

Self worth doesn’t come from having something OTHERS do not. It comes from being HAPPY with what you ARE and what you have, REGARDLESS of everyone else. That’s a lesson KIDS usually don’t know, but that adults understand WELL.

If I have something I enjoy… It DOESN’T matter if everyone ELSE has it or not. If I DON’T have something I have EARNED… It doesn’t matter if everyone ELSE has it or not.

(Oh, I ALSO didn’t receive MY chest. Wouldn’t BOTHER me if everyone ELSE got their shiny weapon tomorrow.)

You do REALIZE, I hope, that this DELAY is likely because ArenaNet sees WvW as such a LOW priority that they hadn’t even CODED the trader yet, and decided to use the chest FAILURE as an excuse to postpone it, RIGHT?

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Well, ok THEN, I guess that’s just YOUR opinion. You have an AWFULLY strange WAY of EXPRESSING it. Evening the FIELD just seems FAIR to ME.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

Test.8734

Evening the FIELD just seems FAIR to ME.

Evening the FIELD by the lowest DENOMINATOR is kinda sad DDDDD:

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

A bit disappointing that I’ll have to wait longer for my Mistforged Torch, but eh, plenty of other stuff to do in-game in the meantime. It’ll get here when it gets here.

in WvW

Wanderer.3248

It’s possible that if they implemented the trader and people who mistakenly got the wrong number of tickets had already spent them, they’d have to sort out a real mess of refunding/revoking purchases as well as correcting the rewards.

I remember when they did a patch in WoW that screwed up the prices of PvP armor and they had to roll back thousands of transactions. That was not pretty.

in WvW

Posted by: TheDevious.1508

TheDevious.1508

Thank you for keeping us updated. I agree with others as this being a fair solution. If the Devs are unable to fix the root cause of these bugs (since this apparently happened last season too), here’s a solution I think would work and make everyone happy.

1. Delete all current Reward Tickets in-game and Chests (if players haven’t opened them yet).

2. Create a new Chest with ‘new’ Tickets (different ID #), and update the Merchant NPC with those new Ticket ID’s.

3a. Distribute this new Chest via mail to those who have the ‘Mist Runner’ title/achievement with the correct number of tickets based on their server.
- IE: Manually/Batch deliver them server by server for those who have the title.

or

3b. Code the Merchant NPC to check our accounts for the ‘Mist Runner’ title/achievement upon talking to it and deliver the new Chest as a reward (like the new Heart quest reward system that pops up when completed).
-IE: Each server will have a modified Merchant NPC to give out Chests with the server’s correct amount of tickets.

This should make players happy as we’ll get our hard earned rewards (in a timely manner) and gives the Devs time to fix the core problem of these bugs for next season onward.

Please do continue to keep us informed of the situation. Thanks!

in WvW

Posted by: jakep.9572

jakep.9572

Thank you for keeping us updated. I agree with others as this being a fair solution. If the Devs are unable to fix the root cause of these bugs (since this apparently happened last season too), here’s a solution I think would work and make everyone happy.

1. Delete all current Reward Tickets in-game and Chests (if players haven’t opened them yet).

2. Create a new Chest with ‘new’ Tickets (different ID #), and update the Merchant NPC with those new Ticket ID’s.

3a. Distribute this new Chest via mail to those who have the ‘Mist Runner’ title/achievement with the correct number of tickets based on their server.
- IE: Manually/Batch deliver them server by server for those who have the title.

or

3b. Code the Merchant NPC to check our accounts for the ‘Mist Runner’ title/achievement upon talking to it and deliver the new Chest as a reward (like the new Heart quest reward system that pops up when completed).
-IE: Each server will have a modified Merchant NPC to give out Chests with the server’s correct amount of tickets.

This should make players happy as we’ll get our hard earned rewards (in a timely manner) and gives the Devs time to fix the core problem of these bugs for next season onward.

Please do continue to keep us informed of the situation. Thanks!

The problem with this as I see it is that there are likely many people who have transferred since earning the achievement. Otherwise, this is the route ANet should have taken immediately. Especially considering many people have the incorrect server rank achievement for participation, it’s unclear what flag accounts have internally that allow correct chests to be distributed

in WvW

Posted by: cobbah.3102

cobbah.3102

What no rewards hmmm maybe if you parted with gems you may get it , seems to be the focus of Anet these days the store hardly ever has probs. A wait for a skin is no big deal though its not as if it makes you fly or invincible. Waiting for an interesting living story now THAT is the problem. Dragon age releases in October so take heart people.

in WvW

Posted by: sillypants.5021

sillypants.5021

Wow, you people seriously need to chill out. It’s impossible to avoid bugs when you are introducing new content and patches regularly. That’s just reality. You people who are telling Anet to do some testing are idiots. Do you really think when they get their first clean compile they just say, “Sweet, all done, let’s go live with it”?

in WvW

Posted by: enzo.7823

enzo.7823

Probably the index look-up they’re using to detect the winners and losers doesn’t match what the true state of the player data is, probably will see some server maintenance in the future to fix this issue (index rebuild based on the data).

Figuring out what causes a issue like that is a true pain and may never fully get resolved unfortunately which is why it repeated in season 2.

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

Wow, you people seriously need to chill out. It’s impossible to avoid bugs when you are introducing new content and patches regularly. That’s just reality. You people who are telling Anet to do some testing are idiots. Do you really think when they get their first clean compile they just say, “Sweet, all done, let’s go live with it”?

If the shoe fits.

in WvW

Posted by: Linnes.2678

Linnes.2678

You aren’t being punished by having to wait a extra week for an item skin. Grow up

Except we don’t know for sure if it will be only a week or not. As was stated, some players haven’t even received their Season One rewards yet (myself included).

Linnes- 80 RNG, Linnes the Lucky- 80 ENG, Linnes the Silver- 80 GRD, Linnes the Gold- 80 WAR

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Earlier today I even suggested on another thread to not update the reward vendor tomorrow. Glad to see a level headed adult made a good call over at Anet.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: RickyMack.5327

RickyMack.5327

The WvW Season 2 has been going on for 2 months, and because you don’t figure out that you have no clue how to do the rewards until a couple days before the end the rest of us get screwed? GG

the sense of entitlement in this thread is pretty effing astounding. you are not going to lose your house or life by having to wait a few days for your WvW rewards, chill out people.

in WvW

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

How would you feel if you didn’t get your ticket but people around you were flaunting their shining new skins?

I WOULDN’T care.

Self worth doesn’t come from having something OTHERS do not. It comes from being HAPPY with what you ARE and what you have, REGARDLESS of everyone else. That’s a lesson KIDS usually don’t know, but that adults understand WELL.

If I have something I enjoy… It DOESN’T matter if everyone ELSE has it or not. If I DON’T have something I have EARNED… It doesn’t matter if everyone ELSE has it or not.

(Oh, I ALSO didn’t receive MY chest. Wouldn’t BOTHER me if everyone ELSE got their shiny weapon tomorrow.)

You do REALIZE, I hope, that this DELAY is likely because ArenaNet sees WvW as such a LOW priority that they hadn’t even CODED the trader yet, and decided to use the chest FAILURE as an excuse to postpone it, RIGHT?

WHAT the HELL is wrong WITH you? Why DO you write LIKE this?

And it’s not about self worth, it’s about fairness. If you were a mature adult you would understand that. It’s about supporting your comrades who didn’t get the reward.

(edited by Zanshin.5379)

in WvW

Posted by: climonite.8537

climonite.8537

Take your time, things like these are bound to happen.

You guys act suprise something can go wrong ? Look at any online game released lately, on pc + consoles, some don’t even work at all. This issue is really not a big deal.

in WvW

Wanderer.3248

The WvW Season 2 has been going on for 2 months, and because you don’t figure out that you have no clue how to do the rewards until a couple days before the end the rest of us get screwed? GG

the sense of entitlement in this thread is pretty effing astounding. you are not going to lose your house or life by having to wait a few days for your WvW rewards, chill out people.

Hardcore WvWers have no need of houses, or lives…

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Don’t really care about the rewards but would love to throw fuel on the fire…

If these were PvE rewards they’d be hot fixed in a day if not an hour. WvW?… YeahNo.

:D

in WvW

Posted by: Zioba.6182

Zioba.6182

Hardcore WvWers have no need of houses, or lives…

Thats not true. At least the house is rly handy. But i agree. No need for live

Sarcasm is what’s left when all hope is gone

in WvW

Posted by: Mazinger.1084

Mazinger.1084

If people who got their tickets should “grow up” and wait it out with the rest of you, why can’t you in turn “grow up” and let people have their hard-earned prize while you put all of your mature trust in Anet to fix this asap?

Solution: render existing tickets null; create a new (equivalent) currency and re-issue them to players with a fixed algorithm. You do not want to roll back.

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

It’s my money and I want it NOW!!!

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

You know why I’m mad? It’s not because I’m not getting the reward promised(I have all the skins I want on the characters I want so I don’t really need a mistforged weapon). I’m mad because they should have tested the coding for this during these 2 months before the end of the season actually came. It makes it feel like anything that actually rewards the playerbase is left on a backburner while all the stuff that bleeds the playbase’s wallets dry is pushed to the front and waved around. Does no one else see this? Does no one else see how royally kittened up this is? I’ve already made up my mind to not buy anymore gems till we get some real content, but now I don’t feel like that will even be enough for me to spend money on this game again, unless it’s real quality content.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

in WvW

Posted by: MAGpie.7962

MAGpie.7962

They were too busy launching China… there is a reason they throw a 2 month tournament with an unfair and uneven rewards system at us…