WvW Tournament Rewards Distribution Delay

in WvW

Posted by: Askeladd.1058

Askeladd.1058

Hi all,

We understand the frustration over having to wait to receive your rewards, and we appreciate your patience. The issue was very complex, and we needed to take the appropriate amount of time to sort it all out, and ensure a proper solution. We anticipate being able to provide another update with an ETA for the fix, soon.

Thank you.

Appointment on July 1 then…

in WvW

Posted by: Xia.3485

Xia.3485

o_O

You’ve made your point nicely Enokitake.

Edit: But does it justify the post directly below mine?
Edit2: Apparently not, it got deleted

(edited by Xia.3485)

in WvW

Posted by: the sober ninja.6539

the sober ninja.6539

Hi all,

We understand the frustration over having to wait to receive your rewards, and we appreciate your patience. The issue was very complex, and we needed to take the appropriate amount of time to sort it all out, and ensure a proper solution. We anticipate being able to provide another update with an ETA for the fix, soon.

Thank you.

Talking about the problem in past tense, and not using the trademarked soon. Not sure how to take this.

in WvW

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

In order to prevent threads like this from occurring, there needs to be a bit more humanity injected into the way the game and Arena Net deal with its players.

Do you have any suggestions in mind regarding this? They are reading the thread after all.

You are right to call Guild Wars 2 a theme park MMO, but those theme park features haven’t really been expanded upon in a meaningful sense for a while now, giving way instead to countless new ways to monetize the player’s experience through gem store items and RNG loot box keys.
There is a lot of bitterness among players that has spilled forth in this thread, and their reaction may seem overwhelming based upon the premise that they’re just missing some skins, but for some this may have been the spark that lit the whole house on fire.

So you’re implying that lack of new content (and possibly lack of permanent content) lead to this frustration?

One thing I really like about GW2 is the general lack of a gear treadmill. That being said, I can take 2-3 weeks worth of gaming time and poor it into another game.. then come back. No monthly fee means no guilt of “wasting money”. No gear treadmill means I can run whatever new content when it arrives.

Now if only that other game wasn’t such a colossal disappointment…

The point made a few posts above about players playing through their misery for a carrot on a stick is a good one. I feel that perhaps the mechanics of this game cater to that frame of mind. As an anecdote, every single one of my RL friends has stopped playing this game regardless of the fact that they could come back at any time risk free. I’ve tried on multiple occasions to get them rejoin me, and their responses range from “there’s no end game” to “their monetization is evil”.

The “no end game” point is important, because although it is incorrect – there is an end game, but it is locked behind stacks of gems or massive amounts of farming – the perception that an end game does not exist is all that matters.

As for “injecting more humanity” into the game, I don’t have a good answer. The game-play and monetization model Arena Net have developed is first and foremost an evolution of making an MMO in the post WoW world profitable. The downside to this is, well, how do you convince players that constantly badgering them to buy the latest knick knack isn’t evil?

Perhaps one approach that might be explored is removing random chance from obtaining any item related to the gem store. However I understand that the random chance is there to give those items value and lasting appeal, as it is not feasible to constantly build entire weapon or armour sets.

Another approach could involve looking at the method in which precursor weapons are obtained, and allowing players to work toward them (a popular idea seems to be rewarding a choice of precursor through an achievement point chest). Such an over-arching reward would ensure players are contributing toward a truly legendary reward over time. On the flip side, I’m sure that everything suggested thus far with regards to precursor drop rates has been explored by Arena Net and found to be wanting.

I have a feeling that Living Story Season 2 could go a way to alleviating some of the angst felt by players by giving them a permanent, tangible expansion to the world they have invested their time in.

Of course, each episode appears to be monetized should you miss it…

On a personal note (and hopefully at no risk of turning this into a match up thread), do you regularly WvW? I’d be interested in joining you in mashing some faces while we debate the philosophy of game design among piles of corpses.

in WvW

Xia.3485

Talking about the problem in past tense, and not using the trademarked soon. Not sure how to take this.

Sounds like the fix is in QA’s hands now.

in WvW

Xia.3485

On a personal note (and hopefully at no risk of turning this into a match up thread), do you regularly WvW? I’d be interested in joining you in mashing some faces while we debate the philosophy of game design among piles of corpses.

My gaming time is somewhat scheduled. Mondays and Wednesdays is fractal nights. Friday and Saturday nights I WvW with a small guild. The other evening are either social activities or another game. I’ve been in WvW since launch at least once a week. Maybe one of the reasons I don’t get so upset about these bugs is my playing style: over time and deliberate.

I’m on Ehmry Bay, bronze tier in the matchup, and we came 4th somehow. We lost most of our guilds before the season even began..

The point made a few posts above about players playing through their misery for a carrot on a stick is a good one. I feel that perhaps the mechanics of this game cater to that frame of mind.

I’m starting to believe anet is trying to cater to everyone’s frame of mind. Even those that conflict. For me I can easily walk away for a few weeks and return (great for family vacations) and this gem / gold to get missed living story chapters is good. Yet they also added ascended armor, rare drops (chaos of lyssa) and RNG protected rewards for some to grind….

Which brings up an anecdote. You know how long it took me to make my legendary after getting the precursor? 2 weeks. I got the precursor by dropping rares in the toilet whenever I got 4 staves. Wasn’t really trying… just hedging my luck to my advantage. I never really sold anything. So I had most of the materials in my bank, slowly collected since launch, to build that legendary staff. I did need to level cooking , get unidentified dyes and the Arah tokens though.

If I was really driven though.. like the Korean RPG mindset Enokitake spoke about.. I can easily see how frustrating it could be. I guess the trick is not to be driven to an extreme.

The “no end game” point is important, because although it is incorrect – there is an end game, but it is locked behind stacks of gems or massive amounts of farming – the perception that an end game does not exist is all that matters.

There is no end game in the traditional sense of an MMO. No gear tiers to acquire, no layers of raid tiers either. The closest is the fractals of the mist (very fun past level 31, rather grindy before then). I have troubles identifying GW2 as a traditional MMO like world of warcraft and its many clones (swtor, aion, rift). Its more like console platformer like ratchet and clank meets Final Fantasy RPG. I like it, its fun to play.

Perhaps one approach that might be explored is removing random chance from obtaining any item related to the gem store

I think everyone would love this.. Though I wonder if those mystic keys are the real money maker for anet.

I have a feeling that Living Story Season 2 could go a way to alleviating some of the angst felt by players by giving them a permanent, tangible expansion to the world they have invested their time in.

Yes I think you may be right. If I was paying a subscription I would have cancelled by now. Theme park is missing new rides, new permanent rides.

Anyway we’ve strayed from the thread’s topic. .. and from the last red post I do believe the fix may be in QA right now… so the patch may hit next Tuesday or they may push it sooner.

It was nice chatting with you! Have fun out there.

“More work? Okay” – Orc peasant.. in response to my boss giving me the stink eye for posting on forums all day..

=^_^=

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Pain.3480

Lord Pain.3480

-.- hurry up already.. been 8 days..

Vale X

in WvW

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

In reply to Xia:

Hopefully they can push it live without requiring a full patch, despite the complexity of the issue!

It’s always nice to have an interesting debate about human psychology, good luck in your travels around Tyria.

And yes, there may be some over time in order for tonight.

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

I look at it this way: the update from today that there is no update on the ETA simply means we’re not getting it today, so at least we don’t have to wonder about that.

I’d rather see “not today” updates than deafening silence.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

Posted by: Bunter.3795

Bunter.3795

Hi all,

Thank you.

“the issue was……” Implying that the issue has been resolved by using the past tense.

“we needed…..” Implying that once again the issue has been resolved.

Using the past tense in that sentence implies that you have 1) identified the problem and 2) fixed said problem. If you still need to test the solution then you haven’t taken the “appropriate amount of time” for testing might identify further issues. If you are not currently testing the issue, then why is this update not live?

in WvW

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

Just wanna say thanks to all the devs who are keeping us in the loop on this issue. I can guarantee you that people do appreciate all the communication and you can go to reddit if you want to see it. I know you may see some of the vocal minority chiding you on the updates you are giving but keep it up cause it goes along way to killing the angst that issues like this cause. I only wish you were as vocal on other issues such as the inablility to salvage ascended rings as you are with this one.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

in WvW

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Hi all,

Thank you.

I can imagine that the problem was some part of the code where the update command for the DB used the wrong filter for some players that transferred server during the tournament and now the table list is a bit messed and find a solution where a rollback isn’t needed took a good while.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in WvW

Posted by: SubAce.9863

SubAce.9863

Hi all,

Thank you.

Standby to standby

Oh Anet there’s an old saying…fool me once shame on you…uhhhh…You fool me you can’t get fooled again.

Good luck with the fix

Appreciate the updates.

80 Ranger DH Abyss

in WvW

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Wow, this is a powerful bug. I can imagine it’s like a tiny mechanical adamantium fly that’s just buzzing around their office and everyone’s building mega-tech flyswatters trying to destroy it but it’s simply too fast, powerful and durable to defeat. It’s just buzzing around devouring all our reward chest and no one can stop it. Need to call in Iron Man or Hank Pym er something.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in WvW

Posted by: DonRobeez.3560

DonRobeez.3560

Hi all,

Thank you.

Is the Season 1 fix included? It’s about time I can get the reward…

Infested Kerrigan I [TaG]
Gunnar’s Hold
Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/GloryKittens

in WvW

Posted by: neonreaper.4805

neonreaper.4805

Sounds like the fix is in QA’s hands now.

oh we got a patch?

[BE] Pumpkin / Rhinox3 / Reyn Time / Pale
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: DanScott.4839

DanScott.4839

I think it’s about time that I added my 20 cents to this thread; I think you all need to cut the developers some slack. As stated before in this post, they have lives and while I appreciate that yes they had a deadline that would have been nice of them to meet, I think we should all allow some breathing space to those that make Guild Wars 2 possible. These people that your slating, that you’re cussing at, are the people that allow you to log in every day, customize your characters the way you do and play them the way you do. But believe me when I say that’s no easy task. Coming from a programming background, I know some of the difficulties of developing software, this piece of software specifically being an MMO. Tbh I think the devs deserve a pat on the back for achieving what they have already and I look forward to what else Arena Net has in store for this game as the possibilities are endless.

in WvW

Posted by: Taisia.2813

Taisia.2813

Guys, the compensation which I am guessing will be extra tickets will make it worth the wait! You’ll maybe get 2 shinies instead of one or for servers who would normally get 0 would get 1 as well… That’s what I am guessing/hoping that they’ll add 100 tickets or so more to everyone… Let’s wait and see…

in WvW

Posted by: Gilgalas.7860

Gilgalas.7860

On WoW I played in one of the top 3 french PvE guilds and got myself a score of world best damage records and smallest damage taken as a hunter (per encounter).
On Aion, I played in one of the top 3 RvR guilds on the Suthran server and was one of the few strategists who formulated the strategy which earned us the world first western kill of the Divine Citadel (at the time it was the best achievment in that game. Not counting Korean first kill since they got the game around one year earlier).

Two different games, two different activites. Every time I achieved a very high level, yet I quickly quit after the job was done. Why ? In my experience, highly competitive game environments are very interesting in that they tend to draw the best skilled players and give you a chance to earn yourself a strong feeling of self-achievement. Yet they are wery toxic at the same time because that same player base that catter to them also has one of the worst mindset. Overgrown egos.

Without much surprise, the same happened with GW2 WvW. The game is not at fault, neither nor that the two previous were. The problem is simple: whatever the game is, the same type of activities always draw the same kind of players, who always have the same behaviour. WvW on my server quickly became a awfull place to be and I decided to leave it for good and concentrate on the PvE part of the game which is rather refreshing compared to many games out there.

Spring Tournament 2014 came in with beautiful skins as a reward, and I cursed ANet for creating rewards that required to invest a lot of time in WvW while most PvE rewards require little time to obtain (in my opinion at least, yours may differ. Not considering legendaries obviously), an activity I despised. Yet I wanted my shiny so I jumped in the melee. No need to say it, WvW on legacy maps had not changed much (in terms of community). However, I soon discovered that I could earn all the required achievments only playing on the EotM map.

I had great times in the EotM. I discovered that the community there is much more enjoyable, probably as a consequence of having different servers and communities playing together, having a lot of new players, and also because there are no overarching goals there as winning or losing in the EotM won’t change the Tournament outcome.

Of course I am waiting for my shiny as everyone here and I will be happy once I get it, in due time, although my server ended at the 7th place. However, I would like to thank ANet for getting me out of my habits and giving me a chance to discover another part of a great game. That is, in my opinion, the greatest reward I could get out of the Spring Tournament.

in WvW

Posted by: Gilgalas.7860

Gilgalas.7860

The main motivator for humanity is survival at all costs, Darwin proved that. The main motivator for people playing this game, the main motivator Arena Net encourage for people playing this game is vanity and the acquisition of material goods. They’ve termed it horizontal progression.

I have one hard time understanding how “vanity” can be an expression of “survival at all cost”. If anything, earning vanity in a “meaningless” video game detracts you for spending time IRL enhancing your skills and getting a better job, a better pay then a better mate, education for your offsprings and, all in all, better chances at propagating your genes.
I am sorry to correct you, but Darwin theories deal with “survival of the fitest”, not “survival at all cost”, which is quite different.

I maintain that one of the problems with Guild Wars 2 is its single minded focus on monetizing almost every aspect of itself.

That is a strange quote. I get the feeling we are not playing the same game. When I look at the gemstore, what do I see ?
- little boosts
- some utilities (several of which have been mathematically proved to be of little use to their ingame available counter parts)
- huge lots of vanity items (skins, pets, music instrument)
- custom arena passes

How is this monetizing every aspect of the game ? There is only one community that could really complain about the state of the gemstore, and that community is the role players. Anyway, in the current state of the game, the gemstore has little to do with WvW

Threads full of bile and hatred like this one are a result of a community fed the idea that in order to advance in the game, they must tread upon one another or throw money at the company. As such, many players feel that they earned the WvW rewards through hard work, and that this hard work was going to pay off and elevate them above their peers.

Funny to hear that about one of the games that least emphasizes the competition between players.
I know we all are different, yet I think it is very sad if you play to elevate yourself above others. You should play to keep on elevating above yourself, not above others. WvW is not about treading upon one another, it is first and foremost about playing as a community, managing a lot of players that act together.

in WvW

Posted by: Treston.5071

Treston.5071

As a developer I have to say that I would hate to deal with something like this. Haven’t had a defect so major it took a couple weeks to fix and we work with systems a lot larger than this. Pasta is for dinner and it looks like spaghetti! Good luck. I know a lot of us usually slap ourselves on the forehead wondering how that got through code review.

in WvW

Posted by: Yaptap.7945

Yaptap.7945

@ galhalean.7380

Alright, I’ll give one last shot, since this argument can go on forever and will not change how quickly the rewards will be dispersed.

Since all my analogies have been “greatly exaggerated,” let’s use something on a similar scale to not getting an in-game reward. Let’s say you and your neighbor are hyped to watch the World Cup, but one day your neighbor’s cable goes out and he can’t watch it. Likewise in GW2, the people are all hyped to get their WvW tickets but some unfortunately did not receive their chests after completing the meta.

So your neighbor calls the cable company, but the only fix is to cut off cable access to the entire community until they can resolve the issue with your neighbor’s cable, just like how the WvW tickets are effete as of now. “That’s fine,” you say. World Cup is just a source of entertainment, as is GW2. No one’s life is on the line; you just won’t be able to enjoy something that you’ve been waiting on for a long time.

But since you’re concerned and interested in knowing when the cable will be fixed for your neighborhood, you decide to give the cable company a call. They reply that they’ve “identified the issue and are working on it but not on weekends.” You are now a little frustrated, since there is no ETA on when the fix will be, and you won’t know if you can catch any of the World Cup matches live but aren’t sure whether to make plans to do something else or not because the cable could come back any day. Not to mention, when you call in every day to check on the status, you get no reply on the other line. Once in a while, you get a notification that merely reaffirms that a problem exists but doesn’t give you the progress on fixing this issue. This essentially mirrors how Anet is treating the issue with WvW rewards based on the reactions in this thread.

Bear in mind no one is dying over something like missing the World Cup, but now you have to deal with the frustration of everyone in the neighborhood who were also soccer/football fans who wanted to catch the World Cup matches live who now cannot just because one person (the group of players in GW2 who did not receive their rewards) in the neighborhood had an issue with his cable. And to make matters worse, the cable company doesn’t disclose any information about how far along they are in fixing the issue other than the fact that they acknowledge an issue exists. So now do you know why people are angry despite the fact that “Anet is working on it”?

Of course, no analogy can be perfect, but I feel this faithfully exemplifies the key opinions and feelings that are flying rampant throughout this thread. Of course it’s important to be patient and wait things out, but I would hope that whatever you do, you take seriously and to keep people abreast of updates. Much of the dissatisfaction voiced in this thread now is not about people not being able to use their WvW tickets but in Anet’s reticence in keeping people updated about the current condition. Even a short daily post that tells people “We’re still working kitten the issue” helps allay a lot of frustration and shows that Anet has their customers in mind.

And if you cannot comprehend this analogy, then there is no point in further replying to your comments as they are merely serving to underscore technicalities that do not facilitate further discussion.

(edited by Yaptap.7945)

in WvW

Posted by: Xisk.3451

Xisk.3451

I think it’s about time that I added my 20 cents to this thread; I think you all need to cut the developers some slack. As stated before in this post, they have lives and while I appreciate that yes they had a deadline that would have been nice of them to meet, I think we should all allow some breathing space to those that make Guild Wars 2 possible. These people that your slating, that you’re cussing at, are the people that allow you to log in every day, customize your characters the way you do and play them the way you do. But believe me when I say that’s no easy task. Coming from a programming background, I know some of the difficulties of developing software, this piece of software specifically being an MMO. Tbh I think the devs deserve a pat on the back for achieving what they have already and I look forward to what else Arena Net has in store for this game as the possibilities are endless.

So let me ask you this. If whatever company you program for put out a product that:
1) Did not deliver what it promised (rewards from Season 1, which by the way were supposed to be handed out in December 2013, 6 months ago)
2) Spurious promises were made to your customers about fixing said problem (see here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Issues-granting-Season-reward-chests/first)
3) You never resolved the first problem
4) You programmed an update and released it to your customers on top of the initial unfixed problem (season 2)
5) Which also did not deliver what it promised either (Season 2 rewards)

… where would you stand with your customer? First, why would you release on top of the initial problem? And second, why shouldn’t people be mad and why should anyone trust what they say? Then to read the two news releases congratulating the Season 2 winners as well as the news release today talking about winning a legendary in the new tournament of legends is pretty much a slap to everyone involved in both Seasons 1 and 2. Other problems are swiftly resolved (PVE, BLTC), but anything relating to WvW is not communicated nor is it swiftly fixed (troll through this forum if you don’t believe many of us).

I can’t help but think a lot of this could be resolved if ANet did a better job of communicating. Even if it was to say we know you are out there waiting and we are so sorry, it would buy a lot of credit with many gamers (more than the few scraps they have thus far given). Yeah it doesn’t fix the problem, but it does let your customer know we appreciate you and want to make things right. Unfortunately they have taken a “kick the can down the road and hope all of these losers eventually go away and leave us alone” approach, and I really don’t think they will ever mend fences with most hardcore WVWers

Ivor Emrys | Eirik Emrys | Lir Emrys
Tarnished Coast since BWE2

(edited by Xisk.3451)

in WvW

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

Hi all,

Thank you.

Lol an update that anticipates the possibility to provide another update on how long it will take to tell us the update thats going to possibly fix the issue…..soon.

I anticipate the possibility to provide another update on how long it will take me to give an update thats going to possibly thank Anet for possibly resolving this issue!

You never will. It will be some backhanded compliment, maybe for something you paid for and not any of the free content.

in WvW

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

So, from the quick read of the last page am I to assume that they are “close” but have not actually gotten this squared away?

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

in WvW

Posted by: ionix.9054

ionix.9054

Hi all,

Thank you.

Lol an update that anticipates the possibility to provide another update on how long it will take to tell us the update thats going to possibly fix the issue…..soon.

I anticipate the possibility to provide another update on how long it will take me to give an update thats going to possibly thank Anet for possibly resolving this issue!

+1 Loved this

in WvW

Posted by: DanyxEleven.9162

DanyxEleven.9162

Hi all,

Thank you.

Thank you for giving us at least a little extra insight, which is still better than leaving us in the dark. Looking forward to hearing more soon, even if it’s just a progress report.

in WvW

Posted by: galhalean.7380

galhalean.7380

@ galhalean.7380

Alright, I’ll give one last shot, since this argument can go on forever and will not change how quickly the rewards will be dispersed.

Since all my analogies have been “greatly exaggerated,” let’s use something on a similar scale to not getting an in-game reward. Let’s say you and your neighbor are hyped to watch the World Cup, but one day your neighbor’s cable goes out and he can’t watch it. Likewise in GW2, the people are all hyped to get their WvW tickets but some unfortunately did not receive their chests after completing the meta.

So your neighbor calls the cable company, but the only fix is to cut off cable access to the entire community until they can resolve the issue with your neighbor’s cable, just like how the WvW tickets are effete as of now. “That’s fine,” you say. World Cup is just a source of entertainment, as is GW2. No one’s life is on the line; you just won’t be able to enjoy something that you’ve been waiting on for a long time.

But since you’re concerned and interested in knowing when the cable will be fixed for your neighborhood, you decide to give the cable company a call. They reply that they’ve “identified the issue and are working on it but not on weekends.” You are now a little frustrated, since there is no ETA on when the fix will be, and you won’t know if you can catch any of the World Cup matches live but aren’t sure whether to make plans to do something else or not because the cable could come back any day. Not to mention, when you call in every day to check on the status, you get no reply on the other line. Once in a while, you get a notification that merely reaffirms that a problem exists but doesn’t give you the progress on fixing this issue. This essentially mirrors how Anet is treating the issue with WvW rewards based on the reactions in this thread.

Bear in mind no one is dying over something like missing the World Cup, but now you have to deal with the frustration of everyone in the neighborhood who were also soccer/football fans who wanted to catch the World Cup matches live who now cannot just because one person (the group of players in GW2 who did not receive their rewards) in the neighborhood had an issue with his cable. And to make matters worse, the cable company doesn’t disclose any information about how far along they are in fixing the issue other than the fact that they acknowledge an issue exists. So now do you know why people are angry despite the fact that “Anet is working on it”?

Of course, no analogy can be perfect, but I feel this faithfully exemplifies the key opinions and feelings that are flying rampant throughout this thread. Of course it’s important to be patient and wait things out, but I would hope that whatever you do, you take seriously and to keep people abreast of updates. Much of the dissatisfaction voiced in this thread now is not about people not being able to use their WvW tickets but in Anet’s reticence in keeping people updated about the current condition. Even a short daily post that tells people “We’re still working kitten the issue” helps allay a lot of frustration and shows that Anet has their customers in mind.

And if you cannot comprehend this analogy, then there is no point in further replying to your comments as they are merely serving to underscore technicalities that do not facilitate further discussion.

Trying again are we? ill give you the fact that you got the comparison in to the entertainment realm, but im going to cut to the chase since you are completely missing the point. the fact is i comprehend all the analogies you have had (evidence is that i was able to point out the flaws in your arguments). the fact is you can comprehend why im doing this…… which is the real sad point here. this is the third time you replied with an agrument? did you see the reasoning behind why im doing what im doing? did you sit and think that maybe the situation isnt as bad as you think it is? the short answer (based on your response) is no, you just keep trying to come up with analogies that turn the agrument in your favor. you want me to comprehend and try to see things your way but you dont make a good case. yes, the things that happened are bad and yes, people are dissappointed. So what happens when its fixed? the complaining isnt going to make it go faster and time and energy spent going on and on about how terrible it is could be used toward getting more reward in different parts of the game. So yes i comprehend whatyou wrote and i state that you didnt comprehend what i said. a constructive argument is when two people listen and compair points of view, which i dont think you tried did you? an argument with only one person listening isnt an argument. so i as i listened, did you?

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Hi all,

Thank you.

Are you going to give an ETA for the Season 1 rewards? Some people still haven’t received theirs….. its been 6 months.

in WvW

Posted by: NayaFay.1357

NayaFay.1357

When you say you’re fixing the known issue with the WvW awards, this is including all the awards not just tickets correct? I would like to get my gold finisher

in WvW

Posted by: Tayledras.1604

Tayledras.1604

Hi all,

Thank you.

Thank you Jessica. Might not be obvious in this thread but the work and communication are appreciated. Good luck.

If you want peace, prepare for war.

in WvW

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

I’m just glad we’re getting some updates. Jessica has responded much more than previous WvW coordinators would have, I’m sure (and I think we can go back through dev communications in the wvw forums and see that it’s true). It’s a step in the right direction, community-wise.

There’s still a lot to be done for wvw, but if we get communication like this (eg: updates on major issues every day or two), it will at least feel like something is improving.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

When you say you’re fixing the known issue with the WvW awards, this is including all the awards not just tickets correct? I would like to get my gold finisher

Certainly hope so, I only have 500 tickets I’m sitting on. I really hope this fix now not only enables the Battle Historian vendor, but also sends out the Gold Finisher to those who should get it.
It was even already given wrongly to other people. Gandara, 1st place in EU Silver league has people who got the Limited Golden Dolyak Finisher… I don’t care if they get to keep theirs due to this blunder, but I would like what’s rightfully mine as well.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in WvW

Posted by: Skribulous.3521

Skribulous.3521

Hi all,

Thank you.

Much better response than the previous season’s fiasco, I guess.

I do hope the issues will be sorted out before Season 3.

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Sign in today and I see “Win a legendary in Tournament of Legends 2!” Brilliant.

For me, this S2 reward fiasco was the straw that broke the camels back.

I don’t care at all about the rewards. It’s a matter of actions speaking louder than words and is a direct metric to where their priorities lay. If they can’t fix this bug in a timely manner, then they will never, ever, get around to fixing the bugs that have been out since launch and will take forever to do the major things that we all want, i.e. new maps, different colored commander tags, some kind of squad system, maybe even something as radical as getting rid of all the servers and condensing them onto 3 brand new ones with actual overflow maps that you can’t directly que to. I think the WvW population is low enough at this point for something like that (I’m in a T1 server and TS is dead. The fact that we’re doing as well as we are tells me that the other T1 servers must be having population issues as well, otherwise, we’d be getting creamed. Actual GvG type area with interface options. Blah, blah blah.

Whatever. I’m tired of getting smacked in the face.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: Logicx.5832

Logicx.5832

So many people whining.
It’s not as if you’ll never get it…
Calm your kittens and have some patience, just play and forget about it, it’ll get fixed…

Zwartwerk – Human Mesmer
Gandara [EU] – Old & returning player

in WvW

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

So many people whining.
It’s not as if you’ll never get it…
Calm your kittens and have some patience, just play and forget about it, it’ll get fixed…

Never say never, there are still people who did not get their rewards from season 1. Now that’s pretty pathetic. I don’t mind waiting on season 2 rewards, but for the last round yet not to be sorted is just broken trust/window syndrome emerging…

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in WvW

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

ok this is taking tooooo long.

in WvW

Posted by: Yaptap.7945

Yaptap.7945

@ galhalean.7380

I’m trying to come up with analogies to support what I’m saying. And what was the entire point of that paragraph you just wrote? You just threw out some random rhetorical questions.

“did you see the reasoning behind why im doing what im doing? "
Please explain why you are doing what you are doing instead of just asking it condescendingly to dodge an answer. After reading your reply, all you are doing is asking a hodgepodge of questions without a central focus.

“did you sit and think that maybe the situation isnt as bad as you think it is? "
Yes, I did, which was why I gave you the analogy about the World Cup, as this issue is something that prevents you from to fully enjoying your entertainment and leisure activity.

" the complaining isnt going to make it go faster and time and energy spent going on and on about how terrible it is could be used toward getting more reward in different parts of the game. "
I have trouble following here. People are complaining because they want a specific item that can only be obtained from WvW. If they didn’t care about this specific item or how the delivery of this item was handled, they wouldn’t be complaining. A Twilight doesn’t substitute for a Mistforged weapon, and it only takes a few minutes to make a post on the forum at most, so it’s not like they are sitting all day spending 3 hours posting. And I even said in my previous post that it wouldn’t make the issue be solved any faster, so we agree on that point. Why are you even bringing it up then?

“you want me to comprehend and try to see things your way but you dont make a good case.”
Where is your evidence? You can’t just say something without backing anything up. Cite my reply, and I will try to explain to you why I said it. Make a case for yourself and give me reasons why my case is bad.

“So yes i comprehend whatyou wrote and i state that you didnt comprehend what i said. a constructive argument is when two people listen and compair points of view, which i dont think you tried did you? "
You aren’t saying much. And your grammar isn’t helping your case either. You’re not evening constructively criticizing anything, and your arguments are all over the place and only consist of generalizations that for the most part I already covered in my previous posts, such as acknowledging the fact that the issue can’t be fixed any faster and that people are frustrated.

" an argument with only one person listening isnt an argument. so i as i listened, did you?"
Are you sure you listened, because my last post was meant to explain to you why the people are frustrated and saying how Anet could improve customer relations by having more frequent posts, even if they are just “working on the issue still.”

So please, unless you have specific things to point out, don’t bother responding. I’m trying to explain an issue to you, and you’re just asking questions without a central focus. Never once do you offer any ideas on what Anet could do to improve this situation. So brainstorm a bit and get back to me with ways that this situation could be handled better rather than just a few rhetorical questions written with poor grammar and punctuation meant to attack me rather than improve this issue. My goal is to kitten this situation so that any other person reading it can understand what the situation is like, so even if you don’t like my response, I can at least hope someone else will be more understanding of this situation.

(edited by Yaptap.7945)

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Edit: I wonder what the statistics on WvW players vs PvE players looks like, how much overlap they have and the income derived from both these demographics. I wonder if that also corresponds to manpower dedicated to the mini-game. Would be fun to see.

What else do you expect when you have a lawn but the owner only waters one half of it?
Do you point at the barely watered half and say “oh, but look dried up and ugly it is! the other one is so lush and green! I shouldn’t waste any more water on that ugly dried up one!”
Good logic, genius.

in WvW

Xia.3485

What else do you expect when you have a lawn but the owner only waters one half of it?
Do you point at the barely watered half and say “oh, but look dried up and ugly it is! the other one is so lush and green! I shouldn’t waste any more water on that ugly dried up one!”
Good logic, genius.

This assumes everyone has a taste for PvP. Unfortunately I know quite a few who find it stressful. Many would consider your post condescending and rude too. I’m sure they’d imagine map chat in a competitive area like WvW to be full of you. That doesn’t help. Nor does this thread mind you.

Unfortunately, I asked a question; I didn’t make an assertion. I also wondered how complicated the issue was, and if resolving it required other work groups who may have different scheduling priorities. Sometimes software fixes take time. This can be from lack of effort (priorities), difficulty in finding a permanent fix, the necessity to change multiple systems, how many different work groups are assigned to the issue and how they are managed. And lets not forget QA, testing issues that affect a large quantity of systems or data sets can take time as well.

But you don’t want to have patience do you? Its easier to take everything personal like this guy..

=^_^=

in WvW

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

But you don’t want to have patience do you? Its easier to take everything personal like this guy..

=^_^=

The thing about patience is it goes hand in hand with faith, which is something many of the WvW player base has lost in Anet.

in WvW

Xia.3485

The thing about patience is it goes hand in hand with faith, which is something many of the WvW player base has lost in Anet.

So I guess the red posts specifically saying they are working on the issue isn’t enough for you? Faith is related to belief. I’m not a believer. I’m actually quite cynical as a person. But I’m also very patient.

They say they are working on it, why would they lie? They can just ignore this thread like countless others. No, they’re working on it and the fix will be deployed in a patch. Eventually.

Its funny how people go wild and “lose all hope” over a little bug. Its not like they disabled all of WvW for a few weeks.

=^_^=

in WvW

Ultimaistanza.4793

So I guess the red posts specifically saying they are working on the issue isn’t enough for you? Faith is related to belief. I’m not a believer. I’m actually quite cynical as a person. But I’m also very patient.

They say they are working on it, why would they lie? They can just ignore this thread like countless others. No, they’re working on it and the fix will be deployed in a patch. Eventually.

Its funny how people go wild and “lose all hope” over a little bug. Its not like they disabled all of WvW for a few weeks.

=^_^=

The problem isn’t whether they will do it or not, its whether this will be an actual fix for everyone or if people are going to be left out again like with season one. Also, people haven’t lost all hope “over a little bug”, they’ve lost hope from almost two years worth of poorly executed content and vast inattention to WvW and it’s community.

in WvW

Xia.3485

The problem isn’t whether they will do it or not, its whether this will be an actual fix for everyone or if people are going to be left out again like with season one.

Are there red posts about the season 1 issue saying they will and have fixed the issue?

Also, people haven’t lost all hope “over a little bug”, they’ve lost hope from almost two years worth of poorly executed content and vast inattention to WvW and it’s community.

This applies to the entire game actually. The rate of content, feature and bug fix releases is rather slow. But don’t mind me and continue believing WvW is “neglected” above all others.

You have to take things for what they are, not for what you wish they were. Fortunately there are no monthly fees and no gear treadmill either. Nothing prevents you from playing more than one game. Content will come when content comes.

At least anet is listening. Right? Right?

“is someone there?”

=^_^=

in WvW

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

“Are there red posts about the season 1 issue saying they will and have fixed the issue?”

Does it matter in any way as long as ppl haven’t received their rewards since december and the same issue appears now? What kind of question is that? Yes there were red posts about the rewards and how they will fix them back in december or whatever. I was one of the lucky ones that got the reward back then….because actually getting rewards for anet’s events is luck based lately.

Even if there warn’t….do u consider it normal to not fix the bug if no red post is made? I honestly don’t understand that question one bit. By your logic..not posting as a red in an overflooded thread about an issue, makes it allright if it doesn’t get any fix. That’s pretty hardcore thinking. Are u trying to get hired by ANet or something?

(edited by Rebound.3409)

in WvW

Ultimaistanza.4793

The problem isn’t whether they will do it or not, its whether this will be an actual fix for everyone or if people are going to be left out again like with season one.

Are there red posts about the season 1 issue saying they will and have fixed the issue?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Issues-granting-Season-reward-chests/first

Also, people haven’t lost all hope “over a little bug”, they’ve lost hope from almost two years worth of poorly executed content and vast inattention to WvW and it’s community.

This applies to the entire game actually. The rate of content, feature and bug fix releases is rather slow. But don’t mind me and continue believing WvW is “neglected” above all others.

You have to take things for what they are, not for what you wish they were. Fortunately there are no monthly fees and no gear treadmill either. Nothing prevents you from playing more than one game. Content will come when content comes.

At least anet is listening. Right? Right?

“is someone there?”

=^_^=

The rate at which new PvE content came out for season 1 was about every two weeks, the rate at which new WvW content came out was roughly about every month. In terms of what was added, PvE generally saw new/redesigned locations with new types of activities or events. WvW generally just got a new ability line.

(edited by Ultimaistanza.4793)

in WvW

Xia.3485

Does it matter in any way as long as ppl haven’t received their rewards since december and the same issue appears now? What kind of question is that?

If an issue isn’t recognized and/or if no one is tasked to fix it, then the issue isn’t fixed.

Forgive me if I don’t believe “a guy I know knows a guy who’s roommate didn’t get his rewards fixed”. I’d be curious how many people are hoping to get a second reward chest over this. Or “compensation”. Its human nature. People exaggerate. People lie. The only way for a developer to fix an issue is looking at facts. Facts he can measure and verify.

So can you link one of these red posts from December? Are you certain some people didn’t get their rewards fixed?

in WvW

Xia.3485

That thread is gold, thank you. 2 months between the two red posts. I wonder how long before this season’s fix is live. My expectation of weeks is now months >_>

The rate at which new PvE content came out for season 1 was about every two weeks, the rate at which new WvW content came out was roughly about every month. In terms of what was added, PvE generally saw new/redesigned locations with new types of activities or events. WvW generally just got new ability lines.

Honestly the content in PvE seems easier to develop. What WvW needs is closer to features, mechanics and bug fixes. Some on my wish list are GvG, hack/exploitation detection, fixes to LOS and siege effects through doors and bannering NPCs. Making bloodlust and defending more worth-while (while not encouraging karma training or exploiting) would be nice to. Those aren’t content. Those aren’t a random boss encounter and dialog (which tend to be buggy too).

I wonder how much dev time the china release took? Megaservers and much of the feature patch came from the china version. Maybe now that it’s released we’ll see a faster rate of content / feature release?

in WvW

Posted by: gosferano.8614

gosferano.8614

Hi all,

Thank you.

Thanks for letting us know

And for some people in this topic – please, stay on topic.

l80 Asuran Thief – Universal assassin l80 Charr (?!) Necro – Deadly melee ranger
l80 Human Engineer – Expert of explosions l80 Sylvari Mesmer – Phantasmal Assassin