WvW Tournament Rewards Distribution Delay

in WvW

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

The main motivator for humanity is survival at all costs, Darwin proved that. The main motivator for people playing this game, the main motivator Arena Net encourage for people playing this game is vanity and the acquisition of material goods. They’ve termed it horizontal progression.

I have one hard time understanding how “vanity” can be an expression of “survival at all cost”. If anything, earning vanity in a “meaningless” video game detracts you for spending time IRL enhancing your skills and getting a better job, a better pay then a better mate, education for your offsprings and, all in all, better chances at propagating your genes.
I am sorry to correct you, but Darwin theories deal with “survival of the fitest”, not “survival at all cost”, which is quite different.

I maintain that one of the problems with Guild Wars 2 is its single minded focus on monetizing almost every aspect of itself.

That is a strange quote. I get the feeling we are not playing the same game. When I look at the gemstore, what do I see ?
- little boosts
- some utilities (several of which have been mathematically proved to be of little use to their ingame available counter parts)
- huge lots of vanity items (skins, pets, music instrument)
- custom arena passes

How is this monetizing every aspect of the game ? There is only one community that could really complain about the state of the gemstore, and that community is the role players. Anyway, in the current state of the game, the gemstore has little to do with WvW

Threads full of bile and hatred like this one are a result of a community fed the idea that in order to advance in the game, they must tread upon one another or throw money at the company. As such, many players feel that they earned the WvW rewards through hard work, and that this hard work was going to pay off and elevate them above their peers.

Funny to hear that about one of the games that least emphasizes the competition between players.
I know we all are different, yet I think it is very sad if you play to elevate yourself above others. You should play to keep on elevating above yourself, not above others. WvW is not about treading upon one another, it is first and foremost about playing as a community, managing a lot of players that act together.

How did you confuse vanity and survival of the fittest? I didn’t equate the two as meaning the same thing (I did mean survival of the fittest when I said survival at all cost, I just worded it poorly).

How can you describe this game as anything other than extremely vain when the end game content progression is almost entirely based upon the idea of acquiring a more and more impressive wardrobe? This is what I mean by emphasizing the worst kind of competition among players, the desire to look good is clearly at the very least equal to every other desire a player has in this game and if nothing else, in game rewards tend to be tied to this.

The gem store items are not the “monetization” I was most closely referring to, I’m implying that the game encourages you to purchase short cuts, most explicitly seen through constant reminders that gold can be purchased with gems. Another example is new weapon sets (arguably the “coolest” feature in terms of looks) usually being tied to RNG and not even being directly purchaseable with gems.

WvW is absolutely about treading over one another. Think about how many players transferred to more popular servers just to be on the winning side, about how many 2v1 scenarios erupted in the season just to ensure a win. These are features that Arena Net have explicitly allowed! You might have a rosey outlook on how WvW is conducted, but let me tell you the reality is far, far nastier.

The fact is, at no point does this game emphasize working as a group and respecting one another to achieve a common goal. Material gain is king, and rage is the result.

in WvW

Posted by: Deathabove.5730

Deathabove.5730

So how about an in game update that fixes things this week? Or is it already pre-friday and people have 4 day weekends to spend with their families?

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Just wanna say thanks to all the devs who are keeping us in the loop on this issue. I can guarantee you that people do appreciate all the communication and you can go to reddit if you want to see it. I know you may see some of the vocal minority chiding you on the updates you are giving but keep it up cause it goes along way to killing the angst that issues like this cause. I only wish you were as vocal on other issues such as the inablility to salvage ascended rings as you are with this one.

I have news for you. Those of us who have been with this game for almost two years now know that any communication from ANet that uses the word “soon” is NOT an update … it’s a deflection. At this point, it adds to the angst far more than it reduces it. It’s simply more of the same without them even bothering to change the wrapper.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: dmbgodzilla.2745

dmbgodzilla.2745

Could someone please lube the abacus they’re using to fix this problem?

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

i have had faith in the Arena Net development team, well, reasonably speaking. However with this blatant lack of progress, not to mention the blatant lack of discussion. Broken promises and more on.

This is the last season i will bother to even do the meta for. The grind to get it done, not to mention playing in the league, was not worth it by any measurable standard. It was misery to behold it both ingame, and from the forums.

GG Arena Net. GG.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

Posted by: Midael Soul Saver.9027

Midael Soul Saver.9027

I remember when they said they where releasing GW2 while playing GW1, for a couple of years they where saying they will release when ready they wanted to get it right !!

You don’t see these bugs with content releases on consoles, I want to see what happens with Destiny when its released on 360/One ( an mmorpg ).

The problem is in GW2 it is ‘in app purchase driven’ (Gem Store where the income comes from) there is no developer commitment to meet the deadline of delivery, if we where to pay for a release like in GW1 ie Nightfall and it was glitched we would take it back to the shop and say ‘this is not fit for purpose it does not perform as advertised’.

With this in mind there is a pay off though, We as gamers’ pay for the delivery of GW2 and that’s what we got, we even got to Beta test it and that was very cool.

So we did get what we paid for. We have to give the developers some leeway, we are in effect not paying anymore for the content that gets released, the fact that the company gets money from purchases in gem store is not relative to the release of content, it is relative to the purchases in the gem store.

So we cannot gripe about ‘shinies’ relative to the purchase of the game or in the gem store, we can say ‘is there consistent delivery of promised items’ or ‘is there equal development across the board’.

What the developers have to be careful of is player confidence after all it is a business model, loose your customers loose your income. How ever much i love GW2 and i do, GW2 is not the only MMO out there and there are other development houses out there on many platforms.

So until there is an end to the foefire, may the races of Tyria continue to be united against the Dragons !!

in WvW

Posted by: Lagg.3960

Lagg.3960

For what it’s worth, I believe I’m enjoying the unfolding PR disaster more than the weapon skins I would otherwise have gotten.

So far I’ve been watching this thread with amusement at the overblown sense of entitlement displayed here by some people, but even I can’t deny that there is a worrying lack of communication.

Hey, I just bash you, and this is frenzy,
But here’s my Wammo, so heal me maybe?

in WvW

nosleepdemon.1368

For what it’s worth, I believe I’m enjoying the unfolding PR disaster more than the weapon skins I would otherwise have gotten.

So far I’ve been watching this thread with amusement at the overblown sense of entitlement displayed here by some people, but even I can’t deny that there is a worrying lack of communication.

If you really wanted to go nuclear you could try this argument:

The value of personal information and even personal attention has continued to increase in the post internet revolution era. By virtue of just playing their game for free and at no charge to them, Arena Net most certainly owe their patrons something in exchange.

/duck

in WvW

Posted by: Dexodrill.9415

Dexodrill.9415

Honestly not worried about this anymore. Thought I am rather disappointed over the issue… its really just not that bad. Just fix is Anet, your always gonna get people who complain about it and sure its really kinda takin alot longer then we would like, but oh well. Patience is one of the best things to have in life, let alone, a game like this where you sometimes have to grind things.

Props to ya for atleast giving us the Bobblehead Powa!!!!! Thats helped me laugh me butt off while waiting and will continue to. And if they keep complaining… oh well? Not everyone can be pleased without an instant gratification which is an expectation thats been born out of ignorance to the real world. Even getting an instant reaction from a computer takes alot of fine tuning and a ton of code that can be running parallel which, if you go and learn the field, you find its a heck of a challenge with a rather real world cap on how fast things can really be ran through the system. I dont envy you for your challenge programming this game let alone tryin to find a line of code or function in the programming that is creating such an error.

For now just keep doing the work that makes me and others happy, So what we dont get to access the skins or a few other things from the vendor. I got my WvW ticket rewards and will happily wait until you solve the problem. And thats comming from a player who at first felt like this was one of the worst flops ever. But of course sitting down and actually thinking about it, there’s nothing to be mad or worried about. Its just skins and a few other little things, we should all be given the right rewards to access it instead of unjustly ignoring some.

Oh god I can feel those who wish to complain about my post, let alone the topic already forming more hurtful and troll like comments.

Keep up the good work Anet, lets use this little bump in the road to improve future systems, since were only human thats the best we can ask.

in WvW

Posted by: Xia.3485

Xia.3485

Other’s can also express how they feel regardless of your spending habits.

You’re not the only one spending in the gem store.

So what we dont get to access the skins or a few other things from the vendor. I got my WvW ticket rewards and will happily wait until you solve the problem. And thats comming from a player who at first felt like this was one of the worst flops ever. But of course sitting down and actually thinking about it, there’s nothing to be mad or worried about. Its just skins and a few other little things, we should all be given the right rewards to access it instead of unjustly ignoring some.

Too true. I’m going to enjoy that misftorge dagger once I get my paws on it. I’ll continue to enjoy zerg busting in WvW until then.

=^_^=

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Hyperion.4638

Hyperion.4638

7 days since i last logged in, do the same and send them a message , trust me they will notice when less and less players log in, dead game = dead game so stop logging in until they fix the issue , its not about the rewards its about sending a message that this is unprofessional and unacceptable, not to mention that same thing happened in season 1.

in WvW

Posted by: DanyxEleven.9162

DanyxEleven.9162

7 days since i last logged in, do the same and send them a message , trust me they will notice when less and less players log in, dead game = dead game so stop logging in until they fix the issue , its not about the rewards its about sending a message that this is unprofessional and unacceptable, not to mention that same thing happened in season 1.

Too many pretty PvE’ers for that to work. PvE loves Gem Store, which is why Anet kisses their kitten . PvP gets them money via arenas, but you’ll be able to get that via gold soon, so they’re probably gonna drop their attention on that, too. WvW, however, has virtually one thing (which is shared by PvP anyway, and they’re finding ways to sneak it into PvE as seen with Toxic event) in Gem Store: Finishers. WvW, to Anet, is probably a waste of time and money when they could achieve pretty much the same from PvE. While, yes, a lot of people WvW, it probably isn’t enough to put any extra effort in it to avoid a loss, especially considering if the WvW population drops to the point where they can scrap WvW servers into more PvE/Gem Store power.

Just my personal feelings on it. I might be wrong, but I sure don’t feel that way with how things are looking. No clue what’s going on behind the scenes; we might be getting some big WvW surprise that will fix everything wrong with it and they’re just being secretive about it. But at the moment I have no reassurance that Anet gives a kitten about WvW. If they want us to feel good about it, they need to show us. That part isn’t wrong.

in WvW

Posted by: Master Togo.4281

Master Togo.4281

STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP BUYING GEMS with your Hard Earned REAL MONEY.
Invest in some other things but just stop wastin it in gems store. Anet wont learn unless they feel the diffrence, once more and more players not paying with real money in gems.
For my self, i allready quit the game. Wont login till anet change there way treating players like Brainless Zombies.

Ingame: King Of Black Gate
Home: Black Gate
Guild: We The Farmers [WTF]

(edited by Master Togo.4281)

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

I’m guessing it’s not the same situation here. The people working on the bug are likely not being told they have to deliver a fix ASAP or else or anything like that. This doesn’t break their cash flow, it doesn’t break the actual game mechanics, and while a lot of us are pretty annoyed by it, it’s not as critical as, say, gems being unpurchasable from Paypal (last game patch, June 3rd).

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Deathabove.5730

well i refuse to buy any more gems until this problem gets resolved. i was going to buy 1400 gems to transfer but that’ll just have to wait. everyone please rally together and refuse to shop on the gem store.

in WvW

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Previous

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Next

Quoting this so it appears down here as well as pinned to the top of the thread.

Tournament rewards for the World vs. World Spring 2014 Tournament will be available in the June 17th build. Once that build is live, you will be able to speak to the Battle Historian in any WvW map to get an updated tournament chest that has the correct rewards and number of tickets for your placement. Previously issued tickets will be voided with the build. Feel free to open any chests that you have already received now.

To thank you for your patience while we sorted out this bug, all players who completed the meta achievement will receive an additional 100 tickets.

Thank you once again for your understanding.

in WvW

Posted by: Sildrog.7130

Sildrog.7130

Quoting this so it appears down here as well as pinned to the top of the thread.

Tournament rewards for the World vs. World Spring 2014 Tournament will be available in the June 17th build. Once that build is live, you will be able to speak to the Battle Historian in any WvW map to get an updated tournament chest that has the correct rewards and number of tickets for your placement. Previously issued tickets will be voided with the build. Feel free to open any chests that you have already received now.

To thank you for your patience while we sorted out this bug, all players who completed the meta achievement will receive an additional 100 tickets.

Thank you very much for this! Looking forward to now getting 2 mistforged skins =D

in WvW

Master Togo.4281

well i refuse to buy any more gems until this problem gets resolved. i was going to buy 1400 gems to transfer but that’ll just have to wait. everyone please rally together and refuse to shop on the gem store.

Sure.

in WvW

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

This community. Just wow…

It’s a game. Raging over a 2-3 week delay on your pixels will seem silly to you in the future.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

in WvW

Master Togo.4281

This community. Just wow…

It’s a game. Raging over a 2-3 week delay on your pixels will seem silly to you in the future.

What u mean by “This community. Just wow”?

sure its a game but the point is not about a game.

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

sweet so even the players on the 6th through 9th place servers can get a mistforged hero weapon now.

Hooray fighting for 1st place means we get double the weapons or triple ascended accessories (if you don’t have enough already). Great!

in WvW

Deathabove.5730

It was never about it being a video game. It was about respect for the company’s customers. Those of us who work in the real world understand what it means to bend over backwards to get the job done.

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

I never complained about the tickets, and I genuine don’t care about them, but I’ve to say that the additional 100 tickets is a really nice and fair gesture. I’m not sure, but I think that all players who have done the meta will now be able to get one cool weapon, right? Really nice gesture, indeed. Gratz.

[HUE]

in WvW

Posted by: Ashandar.2570

Ashandar.2570

Thanks for the info and thanks for the extra tickets as well!

In due time, all will serve the asura.

in WvW

Master Togo.4281

It was never about it being a video game. It was about respect for the company’s customers. Those of us who work in the real world understand what it means to bend over backwards to get the job done.

Right :-)

in WvW

Posted by: Taisia.2813

Taisia.2813

SO I guess the people who were bashing anet for a simple bug are ashamed now! TY anet for your kind gesture and giving the chance to everyone for grabbing a sweet new weapon

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

SO I guess the people who were bashing anet for a simple bug are ashamed now! TY anet for your kind gesture and giving the chance to everyone for grabbing a sweet new weapon

No, there was a 2 week delay so it’s only fair. Ashamed of complaining? No, because otherwise the issue might have been overlooked or swept under the rug.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

It doesn’t seem like it was a “simple bug”.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: DanyxEleven.9162

DanyxEleven.9162

Hallelujah! And thank you for putting up with us, despite us being less than friendly and hopeful. I’ll take this moment to suggest that if there is a season three, let’s do it this way next time rather than bonus chest style. Seems easier to ensure people get their stuff.

in WvW

Posted by: startomus.2310

startomus.2310

Now it’s time for everyone to explain why they were complaining. >.>

in WvW

Posted by: FirstRyder.2091

FirstRyder.2091

So, everyone is getting their Season 2 reward 2 weeks late, and getting 100 tickets extra for waiting.

Any chance that this fix also includes a fix for those of us still waiting on their Season 1 rewards? And what would be a fair reward for that wait?

Ryder of Ashes – 80 Elementalist
Serene Ryder – 80 Mesmer
- Dragonbrand -

in WvW

Posted by: Taisia.2813

Taisia.2813

I’ll just explain you guys something about code. What we actually call a “bug” is a line of code doing something exactly as it is meant to. Unfortunately it may not be doing what you want it to. In this case, a slight oversight probably lead to a wrong calculation of reward eligibility for some people. So they had to spend a considerable time finding the correct values. It happens and you wouldn’t like it either if an angry mob appeared on your doorstep after a simple mistake. Coders need to work with a clear mind to function not under stress or fear. So chill and actually practice some empathy for once. They made a sweet gesture as well so it’s time to stop the angry mob antiques…

in WvW

Posted by: the sober ninja.6539

the sober ninja.6539

So now, only servers that placed first can get 2 skins.

in WvW

Posted by: Enokitake.1742

Enokitake.1742

Glad they fixed it. Looking forward to the 17th.

Yes. That’s pretty sweet. Dagger + ….? Time to hit up the previews.

in WvW

Posted by: Odona.8402

Odona.8402

I would rather say , that WE should apologize and thank YOU for being patient with US.

I don’t even think the player-base deserves these extra 100 tickets, taking how much rage, ungrateful and childish behavior you had to be put up against, just because they didn’t get their pixels on time. Zero imagination and understanding for both, developers and the fact, that sometimes issues happens. It’s just greed greed and deliver NOW or burn in hell. Such immature behavior deserves no compensation. But regardless, thank you! Will put these extra tickets into good use

in WvW

Posted by: the sober ninja.6539

the sober ninja.6539

Glad they fixed it. Looking forward to the 17th.

Yes. That’s pretty sweet. Dagger + ….? Time to hit up the previews.

I should have hopped aboard the band wagon.

in WvW

Posted by: DonRobeez.3560

DonRobeez.3560

So what about my Season 1 Reward? I still didn’t get it. Like many others.
I demand an answer!

Infested Kerrigan I [TaG]
Gunnar’s Hold
Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/GloryKittens

in WvW

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

Truth is that I’d probably just get multiple hero skins. I like the look of the weapons themselves (first real scimitar in-game! unless you count the floppy one), and the miniscule effects aren’t really noticeable.

in WvW

nosleepdemon.1368

Five whole days?! But that’s 120 hours from now! That’s simply not enough time to decide what to do with those extra 100 tickets!

in WvW

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

woot extra 100 tickets, thx a tons <3

R.I.P Kumu <3

in WvW

Posted by: Xirus.9675

Xirus.9675

MAG CAN HAZ 2 WEAPS?!?
YES!
TYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTY!!!

For my Thief: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hero%27s_Short_Bow
For my Necro: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mistforged_Hero%27s_Dagger

^_^

6/17 BLAZE IT!!!

[Sorry for my lack of patience earlier. I’m just so used to getting smacked in the face when it comes to CS that I tend to be initially pessimistic/cynical when it comes to just about everything. .-. ]

Any sufficiently advanced science and/or technology is indistinguishable from magic.

in WvW

Posted by: Rygnard.5308

Rygnard.5308

thank you for the update and the fix on the 17th
and for all the people complaining , have any of you done any kind of coding or programming what so ever if not quit complaining , the smallest smallest thing in a line of code can cause alot of problems so image the amount of coding in gws or in any given update and the fact that different coding from past updates or just the general coding of the game could act on new coding and cause problems coding acts odd when you update it and add to it , so quite complaing and get over it

in WvW

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

I’ll just explain you guys something about code. What we actually call a “bug” is a line of code doing something exactly as it is meant to. Unfortunately it may not be doing what you want it to. In this case, a slight oversight probably lead to a wrong calculation of reward eligibility for some people. So they had to spend a considerable time finding the correct values. It happens and you wouldn’t like it either if an angry mob appeared on your doorstep after a simple mistake. Coders need to work with a clear mind to function not under stress or fear. So chill and actually practice some empathy for once. They made a sweet gesture as well so it’s time to stop the angry mob antiques…

This should have been fixed 6 months ago after the first tournament not now after they tried to pretend this bug didn’t exist till after spring 2014 tournament. My support ticket replies reflects just that. The mob has every right to be angry as hell as they we should be.

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Auroma.9126

Auroma.9126

Hi, will the players who switched from NA to EU after the season 2 ended receive the extra 100 tickets? (meta is complete). I remember there was a glitch that you guys were solving after Season 1, it prevented people who switched regions after season 1 from getting rewards, will this be an issue after season 2 as well?

in WvW

Posted by: The Pied Piper.9827

The Pied Piper.9827

Thank you Mark for being patient with the community, It can not be easy having to read everyone’s negative comments everyday.

Give the team that worked on fixing this problem a big THANK YOU for solving it.

Thanks for the extra tickets also.

in WvW

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

All the pointless nerd raging in this thread. Patience is a virtue. Thanks for the update Mark.

in WvW

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

I demand an answer!

Quoting this so that we don’t forget that some people still haven’t received their reward from season 1.

in WvW

Posted by: Mank.2183

Mank.2183

I demand an answer!

Quoting this so that we don’t forget that some people still haven’t received their reward from season 1.

Do you have nothing better to do? S1 rewards were terrible, move on already.

Thanks for the update Mark. Never forget there’s thousands more people who enjoy playing the game, and who don’t wave their self entitled fingers all over the forums.

(edited by Mank.2183)

in WvW

Posted by: Kitten Commander.8952

Kitten Commander.8952

I’ve been following this thread intently for answers, mostly just baffled by the know-it-all attitude and inflated sense of entitlement a lot of people have here. And the snark when answers ARE given! Some people are just never happy.

Communication from Anet could have been more frequent. But then… if all we’re going to do is get mad when they update saying “it’s being worked on” then I can kind of see why they wait till they have something to report.

Glad to hear we’ll all be getting skins though!

in WvW

Posted by: Mazinger.1084

Mazinger.1084

About time we get an ETA. Now that everyone and their grandmothers will be wielding Mistforged weapons, I think I’ll spend them on something meaningful instead. So much for rewarding competitiveness. Yes, I enjoy vanity and exclusivity.