WvW matchup forum being wiped

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I’ve had some of my posts in this very thread get deleted due to “clean-up” purposes. No rules broken, no spam, nothing. Just a post they didn’t agree with.

That’s the thing, right now we often don’t even know about stealth-deleted posts.

Doesn’t Anet realize that if we go to an outside forum, they will have no control over what’s said? All the talk that they wish suppressed (and they do a good job of that here) will flow freely.

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

That’s the thing, right now we often don’t even know about stealth-deleted posts.

Doesn’t Anet realize that if we go to an outside forum, they will have no control over what’s said? All the talk that they wish suppressed (and they do a good job of that here) will flow freely.

There is however a major difference there.
When it is posted on these forums, it is ArenaNets responsibility, but when it is not, they don’t need to bother with it if it would break laws or whatever.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

There is however a major difference there.
When it is posted on these forums, it is ArenaNets responsibility, but when it is not, they don’t need to bother with it if it would break laws or whatever.

That’s irrelevant because it’s pretty clear liability has nothing to do with why they’re closing the forum.

in WvW

Posted by: Piteous.4165

Piteous.4165

With the way Anet is treating WvW before long it will be only one person left on each server chasing each other around the map…

Blackgate
Stay frosty! Keep it tight!

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

And the complete lack of any sort of response on this section of the forums shows exactly how much Anet care about wvw..compare and contrast with their beloved spvp.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: strifer.8320

strifer.8320

Is this a joke? Oh well, i wont stay in this game for much longer anyway.

Elderly Woman/Charr Warrior
[FURY] Gunnars Hold

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

#esports

in WvW

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

I love how the esports thing has worked out for all 17 people playing sPvP.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in WvW

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

And the complete lack of any sort of response on this section of the forums shows exactly how much Anet care about wvw..compare and contrast with their beloved spvp.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Upcoming-Forum-Changes-to-WvW-Match-ups-Sub-forum/first#post3393146

In case you missed the link in the OP.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Upcoming-Forum-Changes-to-WvW-Match-ups-Sub-forum/first#post3393146

In case you missed the link in the OP.

Well they made some kind of change on the 19th. I wonder if its the thing at the very bottom, about how its a privilege and not a right.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in WvW

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

I love how the esports thing has worked out for all 17 people playing sPvP.

You mean the sPvP population has doubled?

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in WvW

Posted by: meep.2601

meep.2601

this all must be part of anet’s master plan to revitalize WvW

in WvW

Posted by: BirdSong.2541

BirdSong.2541

this all must be part of anet’s master plan to revitalize WvW

I laughed so hard at this. It really really must be.

Commander Rob
ZoS Guild
Northern Shiverpeaks Nightcrew

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

All the achievement hunters are grinding the new sPvP dailies, so obviously the pvp population raised. For the wrong reasons thought.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

They are going to get what they want soon, us to just forget about it and move on

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

I told someone that I was glad that they’re closing it down, but now that I think about it feels like it’s become a part of wvw culture.
I like to log in for some Friendly Banter, yet when I see some of the arguing over the same things over and over again like Night Capping and Zerging; it’s just sad to see.

Then there’s things like Propoganda against another server Community, I can understand why many take things so seriously: It’s war but still it’s a just a game!
The Bad trolls are actually fun to read, but the ones trying hard are just bad for the internet. The Leagues brought out the worse from the Community really.

I hope something could change their mind and that they can find a way to moderate these threads better, if not we’ll find somewhere else..

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

BirdSong.2541

I really wish one of the community support staff would come here and explain to us fully why

Commander Rob
ZoS Guild

in WvW

Posted by: JobCreator.1956

JobCreator.1956

I could have sworn it was shinola…

The kitten mightier than the sword.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhaegus.8924

Rhaegus.8924

Is it just me that is going crazy? or did they wipe the third BG/JQ/SoR thread aswell?
lol

in WvW

Posted by: jojojoon.8607

jojojoon.8607

I was told that someone posted “merry christmas” posts in the thread which are considered to be off topic so the entire thread was wiped. People, stop posting christmas stuff in the thread!!! Christmas is over already!!!

in WvW

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Is this a joke? Oh well, i wont stay in this game for much longer anyway.

You’re not the only one. Once another good MMO with devs that actually CARE about the player base is released, this game will be dead. It is amazing just how much damage Anet themselves have done to this game.

I said from the start it wont be some amazing new game that destroys this game (though it will help) it will be Anet and look, look what they have done. This game had SO much potential and yet Anet through nearly EVERYTHING they did made it worse and refused to accept when they did something wrong. So many class buffs and nerfs that should never have been, so many skills (Signet of Vamp for example) that should NEVER have made it past the drawing board.

We have simply been ignored. The moment they got our money they didn’t care. Just throwing out useless and pointless Living Story content that was nothing more than a Player Zerg Vs AI and all this Gem Store rubbish.

The fact they pushed so hard for S/TPvP to become an Esport was a joke, it seemed everyone…except Anet could see it was NEVER going to happen with the sort class balancing that happens in this game.

The ONE mode that loads of people played (WvW) and it was left to suffer, swept under the rug as they tried to force this eCrap on us. The ONE mode that we all loved and they ruined it, just like everything else so much potential down the drain.

Well done Anet, Well done!

in WvW

Posted by: Kamikazi.5380

Kamikazi.5380

How this will work:

• Anet removes Matchup thread subsection
  • Everyone is confused for like 30seconds
  • New matchup threads created in WvW Discussion Subthread
  • Trolling continues as usual
  • Either they ban half of their community or they bring back our subthread and leave us alone.

But I mean, does a game really need dedicated players? Pfft nah lets just get more casuals.

This. Why are you complaining guys? Just continue to make match-up threads in the regular wvw discussion board. Fight this censorship, what’s Anet going to do, ban the majority of their community?

Inb4 I get banned for this post

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Pretty sure wvw match up threads count as “in-game events”

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

It’s sad, really. This game features a truly remarkable combat system that’s loads of fun to play. Unfortunately, it gets buried under the weight of constant balancing missteps, developer limitations, and a completely garbage relationship with its own user base.

I hate to say it, but this is one game I’d love to see someone make a cheap clone of.

in WvW

Posted by: C Gunner.9406

C Gunner.9406

This pretty much says it all about their ‘policy’
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Ultimate-Dominator-List/first#post3422722

A topic to discuss who has an achievement or not and it gets closed. They’re pushing us away.

in WvW

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Ultimate-Dominator-List/first#post3422722

A topic to discuss who has an achievement or not and it gets closed. They’re pushing us away.

They would just be smarter to come right out and tell us they are closing the WvW game mode rather than forcibly pushing us out the door while saying nothing. At least you can save face somewhat if you were honest with your customers.

in WvW

Posted by: kratan.4619

kratan.4619

I coulda done without the “It is disappointing” though. Don’t pay money to impress you, ArenaNet. And considerin that I’ve been a bit disappointed about design decisions in this game too, that really puts us in an awkward place where apparently we’re just standin around bein disappointed with each other.

The community reps have a very odd “familial” tone they use that I’ve noticed. I think its meant to be taken as a “we’ve given you xyz chances at this” but it comes off like some sort of mother-figure scolding you for a getting a C.

What’s disappointing is the treatment of this community since day 1.

To expand upon this: Are we even supposed to be competing in WvW or is it kum ba ya time? Playing DAoC, everyone used the VN boards. I would see things every day that would make a sailor blush. No one even thought twice about it, we just ignored foul mouthed trolls and moved on.

VN boards best MMO community all time.

Correct, while playing DaoC we posted on the VN, not on any official forums. This only supports what Anet is doing.

The problem with that logic is that the only reason the VN boards were popular was because there were no official forums. If that had been their stance on WvW discussion from the beginning, fine, great, it worked wonderful for DAoC. But they waited a year and a half, on top of telling us they were “disappointed”. It just reeks of a PR disaster, and I think Anet is a better company than that honestly. Sure we complain about fixes and updates, but at the end of the day, Anet is still one of the better companies out there to manage a game imo.

So Anet makes a mistake by having a WvW matchups subthread, admits that it is a mistake, they should still not attempt to correct it because “the horse is already out of the barn”?

…what? They didn’t admit to anything. All they did was slap the player’s hands and say no pudding for you! And I don’t think having official forums is a mistake. It’s a boon to developers because they get hands on with player feedback rather than searching through 20 pages of some random board.

They did not say they were taking away the official WvW forums it said the WvW match-up sub forums. They are not getting player feedback from those forums as they are pretty much filled with flames and chest thumping and I would hardly call the WvW discussion forum a “random board”.

in WvW

Aeonblade.8709

They did not say they were taking away the official WvW forums it said the WvW match-up sub forums. They are not getting player feedback from those forums as they are pretty much filled with flames and chest thumping and I would hardly call the WvW discussion forum a “random board”.

It’s not Anet’s job to tell me what I can and can’t read. I think I’m old enough to make that decision for myself at this point.

If you can’t handle the heat, stay out of hell’s kitchen.

in WvW

BirdSong.2541

Moderators going mad with power I see HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I’m actually crying, too good man, someone has clearly cut their pay. I’d feel bad but the more they lock us down the less of us there will be, hence the less moderators needed. Meaning, they gun’cut back on staff. Bye bye!

Lol GG mods. Its a recession
Who agrees? They aren’t shutting down our subthread because they dislike us, a business is a business and if you think about it in the sense of resources. Then change the word resources into money and bingo, people cost money to employ. You have to reduce the need to employ them before you can fire them. Reduce the forum population so you can fire the moderation team and use generic moderating software with a few people to check on the posts saves a lot of money.

Each infraction says its given by a human moderator. Thats quite a few people employed to read my posts alone and I reckon from looking at posting tracks of the staff that atleast 1/5th of a mods time is spent in our WvW subthread.
So they can sack 1/5th of their staff if they remove us.
Someone check the math/logic on that but,

No personal attacks of course on mods, just doing research for company benefit. Top lel over 9000

Commander Rob
ZoS Guild

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

So, a post that holds no kind of discussion value, on a discussion forum, should not be locked?
This is not something new. It have done across all parts of the forums since release.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Aeonblade.8709

So, a post that holds no kind of discussion value, on a discussion forum, should not be locked?
This is not something new. It have done across all parts of the forums since release.

How is talking about WvW titles in the WvW forum not a discussion on the topic of WvW? I…don’t…what?!

in WvW

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

Written value being as it is… I’d say it holds a decent entertainment value to those that follow and post in those threads. If that’s the problem they should just dump the whole forum. Lots of “no kind of discussion value” on here, and heck, even the majority of the internet.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

How is talking about WvW titles in the WvW forum not a discussion on the topic of WvW? I…don’t…what?!

But it was nothing about talking about titles.
It was only about making a list about players having achieved a certain achievement, and thus didn’t really bring any kind of discussion value in itself.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

I coulda done without the “It is disappointing” though. Don’t pay money to impress you, ArenaNet. And considerin that I’ve been a bit disappointed about design decisions in this game too, that really puts us in an awkward place where apparently we’re just standin around bein disappointed with each other.

The community reps have a very odd “familial” tone they use that I’ve noticed. I think its meant to be taken as a “we’ve given you xyz chances at this” but it comes off like some sort of mother-figure scolding you for a getting a C.

What’s disappointing is the treatment of this community since day 1.

To expand upon this: Are we even supposed to be competing in WvW or is it kum ba ya time? Playing DAoC, everyone used the VN boards. I would see things every day that would make a sailor blush. No one even thought twice about it, we just ignored foul mouthed trolls and moved on.

VN boards best MMO community all time.

Correct, while playing DaoC we posted on the VN, not on any official forums. This only supports what Anet is doing.

The problem with that logic is that the only reason the VN boards were popular was because there were no official forums. If that had been their stance on WvW discussion from the beginning, fine, great, it worked wonderful for DAoC. But they waited a year and a half, on top of telling us they were “disappointed”. It just reeks of a PR disaster, and I think Anet is a better company than that honestly. Sure we complain about fixes and updates, but at the end of the day, Anet is still one of the better companies out there to manage a game imo.

So Anet makes a mistake by having a WvW matchups subthread, admits that it is a mistake, they should still not attempt to correct it because “the horse is already out of the barn”?

…what? They didn’t admit to anything. All they did was slap the player’s hands and say no pudding for you! And I don’t think having official forums is a mistake. It’s a boon to developers because they get hands on with player feedback rather than searching through 20 pages of some random board.

WvW discussion forum was for them, match-up forum was for us. The latter brings us to the forum to participate in the prior. Once I am off on another forum to talk about matchups, my involvement with this forum in general will be limited to coming to see patch notes.

Regardless of what you think of the matchup forums, and ANET’s decision to remove them, the simple fact is that the change will be a negative effect on our WvW communities and thus WvW overall. PPT is a failed concept as far as something to fight over, the match up forum gave us a reason to keep coming out and smashing into each other every night.

in WvW

Posted by: fett.9573

fett.9573

But it was nothing about talking about titles.
It was only about making a list about players having achieved a certain achievement, and thus didn’t really bring any kind of discussion value in itself.

There isn’t any value to any discussion on this entire forum when 90% of it is ignored or deleted.

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Yeah i saw that, a joke. Discussing a WvW achievement and they considered it closed worthy. It is clear they have NO interest in the player base at all, All they want is to keep the people that buy gems happy – an example giving “free” gifts for buying X amount of gems.

They are just getting worse and worse. Sad that they are killing the game they worked to create.

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I just saw that the thread about how much hacking is going on was deleted as well. This is seriously getting out of control. EVERYONE knows hacking is happening. I myself have encountered it MANY times and rather than DO anything about it, trying to sweep it under the rug.

Anet doing their best to kill this game off…

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Threads about hacking have been removed since release of the game, and it is also stated quite clearly in the rules that such threads are not allowed, which is also stated in the message sent out about deletion of the thread.

EDIT: Seems like the thread about Title is (or will be) unlocked, so all the complains would seem moot.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

(edited by lordkrall.7241)

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Threads about hacking have been removed since release of the game, and it is also stated quite clearly in the rules that such threads are not allowed, which is also stated in the message sent out about deletion of the thread.

We wouldn’t have to highlight such problem to them if Anet bothered to actually FIX exploits and hacks. and the reason they dont? – Does no harm to their precious Gem store. You can bet if a hack came out that affected that it would be a different story though and would be patched as soon as possible and the users banned…

in WvW

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

How this will work:

• Anet removes Matchup thread subsection
  • Everyone is confused for like 30seconds
  • New matchup threads created in WvW Discussion Subthread
  • Trolling continues as usual
  • Either they ban half of their community or they bring back our subthread and leave us alone.

But I mean, does a game really need dedicated players? Pfft nah lets just get more casuals.

This. Why are you complaining guys? Just continue to make match-up threads in the regular wvw discussion board. Fight this censorship, what’s Anet going to do, ban the majority of their community?

Inb4 I get banned for this post

This pleases me.

We should make it happen! I always enjoy reading the match up threads while lazying around at the office. or am I the only one who does this? xD

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Posted by: jojojoon.8607

jojojoon.8607

I personally think it’s a big mistake to close the sub forum down. Without seeing players’s names and communicating with opposing players in-game via chat (except for workarounds), it’s difficult to create server, guild, and player rivalries. The wvw sub-forums some what allows this with the smack talk. Now, even with this tool removed, I predict a even greater decline in wvw participation in the next few months.

Everyone knows the rewards in wvw sucks compare to pve. The matches are stale since it’s the same server match up over and over. New content updates to wvw is always getting pushed back in favor of pve content updates. For most players, the fight experience and the sense of rivalry are what that keep players doing wvw every night. But now with this removed, why would we do wvw when it doesn’t even matter what guilds or server we’re fighting against. At least before, you see a server/guild talk smack on the forum, you want to log in to destroy them that night.

Multiple people have said they read the sub-forums at work to follow the matchup. This is something that anet should be want all players to do since it means the players are interested in the matchup. Players disinterest in the matchup leads to them not participating in wvw. Is this anet’s goal with their decision to close down the wvw sub-forums?

(edited by jojojoon.8607)

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

I personally think it’s a big mistake to close the sub forum down. Without seeing players’s names and communicating with opposing players in-game via chat (except for workarounds), it’s difficult to create server, guild, and player rivalries. The wvw sub-forums some what allows this with the smack talk. Now, even with this tool removed, I predict a even greater decline in wvw participation in the next few months.

Everyone knows the rewards in wvw sucks compare to pve. The matches are stale since it’s the same server match up over and over. New content updates to wvw is always getting pushed back in favor of pve content updates. For most players, the fight experience and the sense of rivalry are what that keep players doing wvw every night. But now with this removed, why would we do wvw when it doesn’t even matter what guilds or server we’re fighting against. At least before, you see a server/guild talk smack on the forum, you want to log in to destroy them that night.

Multiple people have said they read the sub-forums at work to follow the matchup. This is something that anet should be want all players to do since it means the players are interested in the matchup. Players disinterest in the matchup leads to them not participating in wvw. Is this anet’s goal with their decision to close down the wvw sub-forums?

All the major forum players and their guilds have posted their matchups at gw2wvw.net . And this was within a short span of 3 days. In a few days i expect things to even grow. Im just happy everyone is at one same place.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

BirdSong.2541

Yeh its hopefully going to boom if we cant get this action reversed

Commander Rob
ZoS Guild

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

ANet disconnectedness from their player base has officially reached BioWare levels with that decision, only BioWare atleast delivers decent video game content half the time.
Not saying I am surprised at this point, but it makes it so much easier to stop caring about the game and, unfortunately, also my only passion left till the end, WvW.
And before you ask, yes, I visit these forums only for drama anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

. Once another good MMO with devs that actually CARE about the player base is released

ANet is actually playing very good odds about this never happening.
With the costs of producing large games, especially MMO’s increasing; it’s increasingly unlikely you’ll see games like this come out that see a dedication to PvP.

Of course there is a huge opportunity for another company here; to produce another large scale PvP based game on a similar scale.
(forget going on about ESO, even if they “fix” some of the problems here; they will have the same PvE focus and eventual crap sandwich.)

It all comes down to money and the development work being value added towards the final product.

Here’s some facts that glossed things over:
1. The level progression was too easy. Lvl 80 was the norm at 2 weeks after release.
2. The gear progression was too simple. Crafting was not hard to master, and dungeon gear was not difficult to achieve either.
3. Population and transfers should have been managed to reflect WvW; the only factor that really mattered in the end.

A lot of simple things could improve this game right now; but it’s already late in the afternoon in this game’s lifespan thanks to the decisions already made.

Nothing short of a major expansion, with extensive PvE and PvP content can really revive GW2 at this point.

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

ANet is actually playing very good odds about this never happening.

Elder Scrolls Online, Wildstar and even the new WoW expansion taking players back to the beloved BC era and some nice changes they are making – removing that STUPID stat explosion of Cata FINALLY.

Anyway, them three alone could pose a BIG threat to Guild Wars 2. Elder Scrolls will have a “WvW” sort of mode, not seen much of it but something to look into, Wildstar looks interesting though not to keen on the combat and i MUST try to resist going back to WoW even though BC was my fav closely followed by LK and then it all went down the crapper.

So, all in all, this could be a DISASTER for Anet if they just think and expect no game to draw people away. I mean they are doing enough of that themselves with some of these changes they have made among other things.

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

None of those games will however be direct competitors to GW2, seeing as everyone of them require a subscription.

And I am quite sure that they have way more eyes and ears out checking out any other MMO being released than most people here does. It is after all their line of business so it is highly unlikely that they wouldn’t keep informed about it.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

A lot of simple things could improve this game right now; but it’s already late in the afternoon in this game’s lifespan thanks to the decisions already made.

Nothing short of a major expansion, with extensive PvE and PvP content can really revive GW2 at this point.

I agree.What i would LIKE to see, shame i know it won’t happen is a shake up of ALL the classes as well as the traits. I mean look at how many times WoW has changed the talent system in that game. i think during LK alone it was 2 or 3 times…

WvW has been stale for MONTHS thinking that the league would save – No. The maps have just become to plain and to boring, they need to step it up and shake ALL 4 of the maps up.

PvE, i just find it boring. That’s it. Boring

S/TPvP. They need to accept this WON’T become an Esport, everyone told them and were ignored and it cost SO much balancing the whole game based on the (at a guess) the LEAST played mode in the game isn’t the brightest idea.

They need to throw some new/existing weapons into other classes as well with different types of play and everything some new utilities and elites to play with would be nice as well

Then of course you get onto new races and classes, who doesnt like new races and classes? PLEASE don’t bring the stupid bird people out as a race -.-

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

None of those games will however be direct competitors to GW2, seeing as everyone of them require a subscription.

And I am quite sure that they have way more eyes and ears out checking out any other MMO being released than most people here does. It is after all their line of business so it is highly unlikely that they wouldn’t keep informed about it.

You assume that because they have a subscription and Guild Wars 2 doesn’t that they aren’t in competition – trust me they are. Hell i would GLADLY take paying a monthly fee to get rid of some of the stupid that Anet insists on doing.

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Of course they are a competition. Every single game is a competitor. But they are not a DIRECT competitor, due to the difference in payment model.

People tend to stay with one of the P2P MMOs at a time, due to not having money enough to pay for more than one.

With a B2P however you don’t need to pay a single $ after you bought it, and thus you can play a P2P on top of that, without having to worry about it.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square