WvW players is mean?

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Posted by: lostsega.3948

lostsega.3948

My friend joined GW2 couple of days and he joined WvW at lvl 23.

And after 30m some player had whispered “F Noob get out of WvW!!”…..

This is usual situation to the noob in WVW?

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

Yes it is normal. A single player can lose a fight by rallying dozens of players and undo an entire groups efforts. It’s considered poor form to play on uplevels with a group who wishes to not have uplevels with them. That said, nothing is stopping him from at least trying to find a group who is happy to play with uplevels. Its currently accepted by the majority that EoTM is ok for uplevels, although it kittenes me off greatly.

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Posted by: Scryeless.1924

Scryeless.1924

since your friend is new, tell him to get into EotM and practice and level up and get familiar with things first before jumping into actual WvW. It’ll help him out a great deal.

SoS – Ele – Burn Me, Freeze Me, Blind Me, Pound Me — Wait…What?
Warrior – The New Burninator! Strongbad would be so proud!
Guardian – Burn for you, heal for me, block for me and uh…sorry Im all out of gifts.

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

@OP, if it helps your friend, let him know the person whispered because if he tried saying that in regular map chat he’d more than likely get put in his place for it. Individuals that this person whom whispered your friend is why WvW as a game mode continues to spiral downward.

There’s plenty of beneficial things a player can do in WvW on an up level. Though as mentioned, you friend could possibly enjoy EotM more and level faster too.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

lostsega.3948

Yes it is normal. A single player can lose a fight by rallying dozens of players and undo an entire groups efforts. It’s considered poor form to play on uplevels with a group who wishes to not have uplevels with them. That said, nothing is stopping him from at least trying to find a group who is happy to play with uplevels. Its currently accepted by the majority that EoTM is ok for uplevels, although it kittenes me off greatly.

I didnt play WVW for 1 year something change system in WVW?

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

make sure you report for verbal abuse
tattle telling feels really good, i guarantee it, i always feel so justified when i see things like that and report

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

lostsega.3948

make sure you report for verbal abuse
tattle telling feels really good, i guarantee it, i always feel so justified when i see things like that and report

Sorry English is my second language. I will be carefully using verbal .

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Posted by: Scryeless.1924

Scryeless.1924

lol lostsega, insanemaniac meant that message for your original posting, as in tell your friend to report the player that whispered him. not you bud. your post was fine.

SoS – Ele – Burn Me, Freeze Me, Blind Me, Pound Me — Wait…What?
Warrior – The New Burninator! Strongbad would be so proud!
Guardian – Burn for you, heal for me, block for me and uh…sorry Im all out of gifts.

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

lostsega.3948

lol lostsega, insanemaniac meant that message for your original posting, as in tell your friend to report the player that whispered him. not you bud. your post was fine.

oops… sorry another misunderstood…

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

Being polite costs nothing. Some people seem to forget that past the pixels there are real human beings, and 99% would not dream of running up to strangers in the street and hurling abuse at them!
However, on a lighter side note (but related) reminds me of the time I was in EB last year. Friend of mine got killed, and I ressed him with my meager up level, to which he replied ‘Your an up-level! O-O’, completely missing the point, I was the one alive!

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Posted by: Basch.1347

Basch.1347

Uplevels are accepted as a reality of WvW, but it’s highly recommended and suggested that you bring 80s to competitive play. This means that nearly every day except karma train Friday afternoons, you should be bringing your 80s. Thankfully, it’s super easy to level to 80 in less than a week (even faster with Edge of the Mists karma training), and even easier to consult accepted builds for WvW on the interwebs or server forums, if they exist.

Just take the time to level it to 80, then jump into WvW. It’ll be a much more rewarding experience and you’ll get a lot more from it. You’ll also live long enough to enjoy it.

FA

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Well first of all there is people for everything, and wvw is no different. It contains a lot of people feeling they have the right to express what ever bs that pops up in their head regardless how rude and useless it is.

With that said, there is also two sides to this. If your friend is new and really don’t have much clue how anything works in wvw or have the class knowledge, then yes your friend can pretty much wreck a whole fight just by dying. It might not look so bad for him, i mean it was him dying right? Problem is that any person that hit him with anything including aoe, before he went down will rally on him and instead of being downed and nearly dead the enemies are now back up and ready to strike back.

Does this mean your friend have no place in wvw? Of course he do, but he also have to understand that he need to use his head and don’t run in to zergfights, don’t follow in to a SM-fight if there is huge groups inside of it. Never follow a guild group, or any group that is not a pugcomander. And if there is a pugcomander, make sure your friend run in the background, and help out there, and if there is fights outside keeps and towers, don’t follow when a group jumps out, stay on the wall and hit the enemies from there.

If your friend is respectful and don’t become a rallybot, then there is no need for anyone to be disrespectful towards him. But he do need to understand his limits. A upscaled have got the stats fluffed up but they are by no means even close to what they should be. And he also have no traitpoints or real build to use and especially now with the new traitpoints system, he is pretty much useless and leaching, so make sure he helps in anyway he can in the background of a fight without being a burden to the group.

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Yes. Why? Because you are not level 80, you are so much more easier to kill by enemies.
If you are easier to kill, it means any downed enemies will be rallied faster, measning more work for the rest of the group who have to kill them again.

And if you think it’s bad now, with this weeks patch Anet, with all their “great wisdom” will be adding Point Per Kill; so now if you are killed, you give points to the enemy.

All uplevels will get more abuse when this comes in!

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I think it also depends on the server he/she is playing on. If its one of the top 3 (maybe even 6) servers in their region, I’m sure it happens alot (at least from what I’ve heard about the top tier cultures). If they’re on the lower half of the server ranking, I highly doubt its common. But yeah, they shoulda reported if the person kept at them (if it was just one line, I doubt Anet would have done anything).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

an “uplevel” (a WvW player who is not level 80) can indeed cause problems for their own team, so new players who aren’t level 80 have to be careful.

rule #1 of playing WvW as an uplevel — DO NOT GET DOWNED OR KILLED. stay back if you have to. run away frequently if needed; do everything in your power to avoid getting killed. there’s a word for players who are easily downed and killed — “rally bait”. the reason for this term is, when you die any enemy player who did any damage to you will instantly rally if they are downed. this can be very bad for your side in a close fight.

rule #2 for uplevels: wear toughness/vitality gear. don’t show up as an uplevel wearing berserker gear or anything else you can be easily killed in. this is really just another facet of rule #1.

rule #3 for uplevels: do things that you can do well. one of the best things you can do as an uplevel is to operate siege. a level 20 player operating an arrow cart can be just as effective as a level 80 (as long as the level 20 player has spent points in arrow cart mastery). plus, it is often safer running siege from the relative safety of a keep or tower than to be out in the open field where you can be killed (see rule #1).

this is the reason you will get tells asking you to leave. during a WvW fight nobody has time to explain all this in detail. they are often busy fighting the enemy. the fastest, easiest thing to say is “go away”.

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

The guy telling him that was an idiot,plain and simple.Uplvls can be really helpful,in the sense of scouting towers,capping camps,making siege,refreshing stuff..Etc etc.If you tell an uplvl to gtfo out of wvw….then you got issues.

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Posted by: Magni.2835

Magni.2835

Have you considered that maybe you should start talking to the dozens of players that couldn’t last longer than an uplevel?

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

Have you considered that maybe you should start talking to the dozens of players that couldn’t last longer than an uplevel?

Ive never noticed said situation. Probably partly because I won’t play with uplevels. But I will keep it in mind if I ever see the situation. Generally if I am disappointed with the disorganization or casual nature of a group I am with I will break off and roam solo or try to find an organized group that takes WvW seriously.

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

rule #1 of playing WvW as an uplevel — DO NOT GET DOWNED OR KILLED. stay back if you have to. run away frequently if needed; do everything in your power to avoid getting killed.

This is really the only rule needed. I bring uplevels into WvW for leveling a lot. I play extremely defensively, using ranged attacks mostly, and keeping the commander and other players as my meatshields, trying to stay ahead of the flow of battle. I also build for high mobility with swiftness, stability, leaps and teleports and try to get as many tags on downed as possible for the XP. It is possible but you have to know how to play first, know your class, skills and traits and the combat mechanics.

Signed,
- FA’s best uplevel

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Posted by: Piteous.4165

Piteous.4165

The majority of players today that complain about up-levels in wvw actualy leveled their characters up in wvw back in the day when it was considered fashionable.

Blackgate
Stay frosty! Keep it tight!

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

Sometimes I think it is funny when said players which verbally abuses an uplevel in WvW dies faster than the guy running in all greens/blues. A level 80 which leveled running EoTM karma training and never saw a fight can die from a fight just as much as an uplevel.

lostsega, try to guide your friend in wvw. Give him the ropes, explain the dynamics, fights, objectives, siege and etc. An uplevel can be very useful to the server if they know what they are doing. Snowreap gave good tips, take them into consideration.

I use my 2 uplevels in WvW and never had a problem with them because I know my limits, what I can and cannot do. I can’t join the front line of a battle, as well can’t solo camps and towers. However, I can stay in the far back, using range, hitting the light classes while being extra cautions and rotating my camera for possible thieves around with the intention to gank me. I can as well help other players take camps or can, with patience, solo merc camps. I can use siege, can run supply (300 points well spent), can flip sentries, can repair damaged structures, can build siege, can scout and even engage other uplevels in a fight.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

My views on uplevels have changed too, not that I ever cussed them out, but I did consider them rally bait. However, I brought one in (level 65) and did things I didn’t think were possible, I took 2 camps by myself and did fairly well in a couple of battles. Yes, I died, but Ive died on level 80s before as well. So, while it’s not recommended, because most uplevels are easily killed, if you’ve played on an 80 before in wvw or you are familiar with the process in general you’ll be more accepted running an uplevel. People can be mean to other level 80s too, if the team is losing and you’re going down alot. You just have to pay your dues and understand where these guys are coming from, if you’re in there long enough, you could find yourself on the opposite side of the argument.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Stay away from guild raids as an uplevel. Stick with pug raids. Stay ranged.

Or just stay out of WvW. Easiest solution.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

It’s bullying that goes on in every server.

Tell him to block those who can’t play a game with others, and be with you and the rest of the cooperative players.

Bullying is something that Anet and every other game has ignored – and it’s about time for them to realize that we’re not softies, these players who taunt are using heinous terms and death threats.

It’s time for bullying to leave gaming. New players will always take time to learn and we should be helping every single one, not terrifying them out of a game that becomes a valued part of our daily lives – even a hobby – one where honor should at the very least be honored by the company that makes this game.

Tell bullies they aren’t wanted Anet. It’s bad out here and it’s getting worse.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

atheria.2837

You are one of the passive / aggressive bullies.

You need empathy and a heart.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

atheria.2837

[quote=4499188;Chaba.5410:]

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

I’m a pugmander. I deal with those players each and every night. Most of them get frustrated at dying repeatedly and leave WvW because it’s not fun when you die so often like that. Those that dont die are usually experienced players who don’t need babysitting.

Being new to the game is fine, but complaining when people give good advice (albeit in a mean way) doesn’t get sympathy from me

I also started WvW as an uplevel and got told to ckuf off. Live and learn.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Well all this could change depending on the new rally mechanics since that was the major problem……

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Posted by: borgs.6103

borgs.6103

But this is a totally sound advice.

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I experience homophobia in EOTM everyday. Others experience racism and sexism too. Sadly it’s normal, and Anet won’t do anything about it or improve the filter and block system (I made multiple threads about it this year, and suggested things to fix it, but am ignored as usual).

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

@OP, I am sorry for the way your friend was treated and how some of the people in this thread have responded. Please do not take it as a representation of WvWers as a whole.

Honestly speaking, people who are not open to new players, to uplevels and pve-ers make me see red. Those that discourage, shun, and push people away will find themselves playing this game alone one day. Suggesting people go to EOTM is not an equivalent kind suggestion, its just as bad.

These people are no better then you or I. I find that people often equate being good at one facet of the game, makes you better then everyone else in the game, and sometimes they think it makes them better then everyone in real life to…

Take care and keep your friends spirits up, there are lots of awesome friendly people in WvW.

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Posted by: Fistarius.2496

Fistarius.2496

Yes. It is very common for sub-par WvW players to blame uplevels for their own loser ways! Don’t worry about it. Just tell them, “Fine, I won’t build your stupid ram!” Keep your supply and watch them run back to the camp themselves!

Tick Toxic

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Posted by: slamb.4781

slamb.4781

Your friend payed for his game he can play it anyway he likes kitten all the haters. Most of the players that kitten about uplevels are spam 1 zerglings with little to no skill.

For the first few weeks after the GW2 launch there was only uplevels in wvw and tbh they were the best days of gw2 wvw now it’s just blob wars

If i was you i would make a fresh level 1 ranger (Bear Bow) and proceed to troll the zerg with your friend running in to blob fights last minute rallying the opposing zerg giving them something truly worth crying about.

Sir Kitty Litter
[QOP] Quaggan Op – Guild Leader

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

It’s fine to be new to the game. But it’s not fine to be dying and helping the other server blob rally. So the way I see it, T1 and T2 should only allow players that are lv80 into WvW, since these are the Elite servers. T3 and under should have no restrictions.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

Your friend payed for his game he can play it anyway he likes kitten all the haters. Most of the players that kitten about uplevels are spam 1 zerglings with little to no skill.

For the first few weeks after the GW2 launch there was only uplevels in wvw and tbh they were the best days of gw2 wvw now it’s just blob wars

If i was you i would make a fresh level 1 ranger (Bear Bow) and proceed to troll the zerg with your friend running in to blob fights last minute rallying the opposing zerg giving them something truly worth crying about.

Do you play wvw? Because if you do and you’re giving someone that advice…

BG

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Kanebrake.6192

Hopefully anet will change the mechanic but at the moment one person dying can cause an unlimited number of enemy players to rally. That’s a real problem and that’s why people get mad. Because an uplevel, especially one with no experience, is much more likely to cause that to happen. Veteran wvw players almost never bring uplevels in for that reason.

BG

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

It’s fine to be new to the game. But it’s not fine to be dying and helping the other server blob rally. So the way I see it, T1 and T2 should only allow players that are lv80 into WvW, since these are the Elite servers. T3 and under should have no restrictions.

This post actually made me laugh. I level a lot of my characters in wvw, and i can promise you that noone of them were never a problem to anyone what so ever. At points i was even the last person to die, and i especially remember one time were the commander was shouting at me for ruin their fight and rally all up. I asked him to check my guardbuffs, which was still full and to compare then with his which was zero. Means he died i did not, he screwed the fight and rally them all up, i did not.

It is not about the level, it is about knowing your limits and your class when your upscaled, and not all people are morons just because they level in wvw. If you do you can level inside of it without being a problem to anyone.

I seen the go to eotm-comments which just baffles me. I have 2 achivementpoints from eotm. I spent all an all a total of maybe 2 hours in there, after that i wanted to claw my eyes out and jump of the cliff hoping i would never respawn again. Eotm is kitten and it has nothing to do with wvw and you learn nothing about your class, or how to survive, it is a brainless pressing number one follow a commander and people don’t even defend and the chat is so toxic that it is insane.
Now before people jump at me for being rude about eotm, don’t. This is my personal thoughts about it, i don’t expect anyone else to feel the same and if you love it great, play it as much as you feel like

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

quite sadding, that those players turn away willing People to learn WvW , so instead of teaching new people to strenghten the servers numbers they turn them away , not a good plan soon enough if those people keep this attitude numbers dwindle.

so ignore them flip some camps with friends , kill some Foes Dolyaks if you can Supply Denial can be Extremely useful.

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Yea very “elite” to stack on a server in a videogame…LOL

At OP: there will always be kittens around whispering others to say gtfo etc. Simply ignore those and have fun leveling a toon in wvw. However keep in mind you are easy to kill thus a “rally bait”. Use utilities that could help the group out and keep yourself on the background. Have fun.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Posted by: the krytan assassin.9235

the krytan assassin.9235

Tbh the player mentioned at the beginning of the post definitely had a point. Upscaleds will rally the enemies creating a (major) disadvantage for your own server. Apart from being a rallybot or not, you will still be seen as a spot filler. Because you entered, a level 80 can’t enter giving the server again a (small) disadvantage.

The player who whispered you probably was frustrated because he noticed many upscaleds in the zerg or anything like that. However, he shouldn’t go straight for offensive and calling you names, but instead just ask politely “could you go on your main”? If that player knew that your friend was new to the game, he would’ve probably reacted differently.

The key problem of the whole story is the is the lack of damage output/surviveability of the upscaleds especially with the recent update that totally kittened up the lvling/learning process by not giving any skills/trait points. This problem is easy solveable by using the pvp armor system instead of this upscaled system, this will make it possible to get a decent amount of stats and full trait points for the upscaleds.

Since most of us know anet, it will probably take a while before they implement changes to boost the upscaleds. Because of that we will probably have alot more frustrated hardcore wvw’ers complaining about the amount of upscaleds in the zerg.
WvWers don’t hate the community, they just hate the amount of interest that Anet puts into WvW

DDD|elementalist| Piken commander|RaW|

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Blame Anet for crippling uplevels with their awful traiting system. Previously uplevels were a liability but not as much.

Of course, the response given to me was that uplevels weren’t meant to be in wvw, so whatever, just go to EOTM. And report everyone that sends you harassing whispers.

Fortunately rallybotting is getting nerfed, so we may see some light.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Blame Anet for crippling uplevels with their awful traiting system. Previously uplevels were a liability but not as much.

Of course, the response given to me was that uplevels weren’t meant to be in wvw, so whatever, just go to EOTM. And report everyone that sends you harassing whispers.

If uplevels were not meant to be in WvW they would not permit them in WvW. I have used upleveled a lot in WvW (not EoTM), or char with pretty subpar gear (all green) without being any more or less a rally bait than the next guy. There is a lot of irrational fears going on.

But to directly answer the OP, yeah, people on WvW can be particularly putrid and selfish. My advise is to take a good hard look at them and to never forget how you never want to be.

That being said, there could be a pretty easy fix for the current mechanic that would limit the rally to 1 body up per body going down. It could be that the rallying player who did the most damage is the one rallying. This way there would not be 1 body going down for 12 possibly going up.

Still, blaming Anet for the putrid behavior some have is a sorry excuse.

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Posted by: WhiteRose.6934

WhiteRose.6934

We’re all generally pretty terrible people. I guarantee that the one person that whispered to your friend is an example of literally every other player in the entire game.

Genesis Theory [GT] – Henge of Denravi

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

We’re all generally pretty terrible people. I guarantee that the one person that whispered to your friend is an example of literally every other player in the entire game.

I would not go as far as that. There are many people that are pretty patient and generous out there. The difference between my former server and the one I went to is pretty spectacular in that regard. From experience there is a pretty clear correlation, not perfect but I’d say significant, between behaving as an elitist and being a kitten.

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Kanebrake.6192

I would not go as far as that. There are many people that are pretty patient and generous out there. The difference between my former server and the one I went to is pretty spectacular in that regard. From experience there is a pretty clear correlation, not perfect but I’d say significant, between behaving as an elitist and being a kitten.

I’m taking a WAG here but my guess is you missed the sarcasm of the poster you replied to.

BG

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I’m taking a WAG here but my guess is you missed the sarcasm of the poster you replied to.

Now that you mention it… well, my bad. That being said, I see so many people I thought were sarcastic and were not that it is hard to be sure of anything anymore on the Internet.

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Posted by: DeeSystm.1256

DeeSystm.1256

Yea, new uppies are gunna take a beating from all angles in wvw honestly. Your friend will jus jave to deal with that.

Like other people have said, there’s other places for them to learn things, but they shouldn’t be scared of jumping into the ebg zerg for an hour or so imo.

As for is it everyone who’s like this, idk? I’m trying to ignore people like that, but the negative ppl are everywhere.

But
If i find a guildless uppie on my side, he gets to spend at least 10 min to an hour with me, ill just type kitten at them and run around either roaming or find them a zerg. If they say something like, i bought gw2 for wvw, I literally tell them everything until they get sick of me. I definately encourage them to go places where leveling is more efficient, but also encourage them to spend time in wvw as an uppie to kind of get the feel for it, I’m not pushing some complete noob away, Ima show them what being on a team and kitten is.

I treat them how I feel I would have liked to be treated walking into this game.
I mostly jus try and treat all of everyone from my server like that, but noobs get the full kittening treatment!

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

It’s not just that up-levelled characters are weaker (scaling can actually make some up levels surprisingly tough), it’s that a player with only a week of gameplay experience is going to be an easy kill.

Levelling to 80 in EoTM won’t make that player any less of an easy kill.

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

If uplevels were not meant to be in WvW they would not permit them in WvW. I have used upleveled a lot in WvW (not EoTM), or char with pretty subpar gear (all green) without being any more or less a rally bait than the next guy. There is a lot of irrational fears going on.

But to directly answer the OP, yeah, people on WvW can be particularly putrid and selfish. My advise is to take a good hard look at them and to never forget how you never want to be.

That being said, there could be a pretty easy fix for the current mechanic that would limit the rally to 1 body up per body going down. It could be that the rallying player who did the most damage is the one rallying. This way there would not be 1 body going down for 12 possibly going up.

Still, blaming Anet for the putrid behavior some have is a sorry excuse.

I never said that people should be excused for such actions. I did say to report such behavior. But I do hold Anet responsible for making the situation worse where certain people being present can actually make a situation worse when it really shouldn’t.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

WvW players is mean?

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

normally servers dont mind at the very least an uplevel is a supply mule. however if your an uplevel with no siege traits taking control of the ram on a d/d ele your server aint gonna like you