WvW rank/chests question

WvW rank/chests question

in WvW

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Are WvW ranks vertical or horizontal and do the chests get better at higher ranks?

The reason I ask is because if the ranks are horizontal and the chests do get better, wouldn’t that mean the people who have a lot of low rank characters will get kinda screwed once they make WvW ranks account bound?

They’ll have been opening all these low level chests rather than progressively better chests if WvW ranks have been account bound since the start.

… I still want tengu.

WvW rank/chests question

in WvW

Posted by: Drakma.1549

Drakma.1549

through over 1000 ranks I can tell you that the chests are all complete kitten.

WvW rank/chests question

in WvW

Posted by: amaranthined.5167

amaranthined.5167

The wiki says “The chance of receiving rarer items increases as players achieve higher World Rank.” but I would agree with Drakma that in my experience the rewards have not noticeably improved. You might get an ascended or two after 1000 ranks but it’s not like you’re going to start getting them often.

I don’t really see how that screws them over – they’re in the same boat as everyone else…it’s not really ANet’s fault if a player chose to rank up lots of different characters thus keeping them all low instead of playing only one/two characters and having lots of ranks on those. If anything, wouldn’t this be good for them since they’d get a sudden boost into supposedly-better-loot territory?

Henge of Denravi [VLK]
Zvezdana & Dana Uses Splash; Elementalist // Evegeniya; Engineer // Melinoe; Necromancer

WvW rank/chests question

in WvW

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

Are WvW ranks vertical or horizontal and do the chests get better at higher ranks?

The reason I ask is because if the ranks are horizontal and the chests do get better, wouldn’t that mean the people who have a lot of low rank characters will get kinda screwed once they make WvW ranks account bound?

They’ll have been opening all these low level chests rather than progressively better chests if WvW ranks have been account bound since the start.

First 5 ranks give you a WXP booster. 6+ give you 2 items and some coin. As of Tuesday (Edge of the Mist patch) they are supposed to be increasing the chances of getting Ascended gear from the rank up chests. Best of luck on the battlefield! (New patch may bring more loot bags into WvWvW, Yay!)

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

WvW rank/chests question

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I got ascended ring at rank 30ish, another at 110 roughly and ascended weapon chest at rank 40ish on a seperate toon… Pretty sure it’s just randomized

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

WvW rank/chests question

in WvW

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

Over 800 chests, nothing ascended. You’re not missing out on anything.

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

WvW rank/chests question

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

And I thought I had things bad

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

WvW rank/chests question

in WvW

Posted by: Lauren.3061

Lauren.3061

Yeah seems totally random. About 700 ranks collectively over my toons, and I received 1 ascended ring at around rank 40 on an alt. Maybe 1 or 2 rares besides this, otherwise 100% blue/green.

~Arabella

WvW rank/chests question

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Past rank 6, the chests are the same. The earlier chest have slightly less loot because they are easy to acquire.

WvW rank/chests question

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Over 800 chests, nothing ascended. You’re not missing out on anything.

Going on 900 here and zip for ascended or precursor. This includes all drops in PvE, WvW, Bosses, etc with over 140 magic find. Glad they are upping the drop rate but IMO some accounts must be bugged and never get one. Probably the same reason I get targetted by every NPC in a fight regardless of who else is in the fight or what class I am using.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

WvW rank/chests question

in WvW

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

RNG is weird…
Got one ascended on my level 684 main a looong time ago (before they boosted WxP gain)… and getting anything better than green is really rare…
But my uplevels (lvls 25-35) dropped lvl 80 exotics out of blue belt pouch…

WvW rank/chests question

in WvW

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

I’ve gotten 1 ascended ring in about 500 total ranks across all characters, but it was useless to me. I get rares in rank chests fairly often, have gotten 2 or 3 exotics, but have never seen a precursor in any form of gameplay dating back to game launch.

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

WvW rank/chests question

in WvW

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Past rank 6, the chests are the same. The earlier chest have slightly less loot because they are easy to acquire.

And by “slightly less loot” you mean no loot at all and a 15 minute soul bound WXP booster.

Supposed to be a better chance of ascended items as of this patch though.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

WvW rank/chests question

in WvW

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

1000 * 0 = 0

My chances of an ascended drop from a rank chest have remained the same!

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2