WvW season 2

WvW season 2

in WvW

Posted by: Verificus.4320

Verificus.4320

How does one ‘enroll’ into this? Do I have to buy some kind of participation ticket or what? I noticed the achievement panel now has a tab for WvW tournament and apparantly I need to be a participant in order to be able to do the achievments. So how do I become one?

WvW season 2

in WvW

Posted by: IncognitoP.1648

IncognitoP.1648

lol the tournament starts march 28th.

you can’t join until it starts….

WvW season 2

in WvW

Verificus.4320

Thank you for your useless reply.

WvW season 2

in WvW

Posted by: Kurr.4179

Kurr.4179

He told you exactly what you needed to know.

(edited by Moderator)

WvW season 2

in WvW

Posted by: Blackwyn.8127

Blackwyn.8127

You can join WvW whenever by pressing the hotkey ‘B’. The WvW tournament achievements will unlock on the 28th and you can’t do them until then.

WvW season 2

in WvW

Verificus.4320

He told me exactly what I didn’t need to know cuz on the 28th I will have no clue what to do.

WvW season 2

in WvW

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

He gave you the correct answer. Why is it a hard thing for you to understand? You cant “enroll” or buy a ticket. It just starts on March 28, and you have to be active in the WvW on your server. That’s it.

WvW season 2

in WvW

Verificus.4320

He gave you the correct answer. Why is it a hard thing for you to understand? You cant “enroll” or buy a ticket. It just starts on March 28, and you have to be active in the WvW on your server. That’s it.

And that last bit of information you just added is what I needed to know, as I didn’t before. So thank you for telling me as your reply was very useful to me.

WvW season 2

in WvW

Posted by: IncognitoP.1648

IncognitoP.1648

And that last bit of information you just added is what I needed to know, as I didn’t before. So thank you for telling me as your reply was very useful to me.

I’m sorry man. I didn’t know i had to be so specific. Yes you have to play wvw to get into the wvw tournament.

WvW season 2

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

You need to complete all the Jumping puzzles available outside of WvW to earn entry, there is a time limit though if you cannot do each one in under 2 min you have to start over.

WvW season 2

in WvW

Posted by: Takeshi.3846

Takeshi.3846

What you need to do is click on WvW icon on 3/28, this will give you an option to launch into 4 different type of WvW maps to select from. Eternal Battleground usually have the most player on it. Hope this help.

WvW season 2

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Ignore the trolls. Try to find your server’s community website and honestly ask what you can do to get up to speed on things. Many servers are even holding training sessions for folks who don’t normally WvW and it would be a good idea to get involved with something like that so that the WvW event is not a painful experience.

WvW season 2

in WvW

Posted by: ReesesPBC.4603

ReesesPBC.4603

You comment doesn’t make any sense. You call him a noob but he’s the one asking to be informed on how to join WvW Season 2 because he IS a noob obviously or he wouldn’t have asked. Then he gets vague answers because his original question is yet to be answered till recently and then you criticize him on wanting what he was asking for when he didn’t get it from the 2nd post. It’s people like you who can’t asess (filtered) the situation who should stay out of WvW as you make poor decisions based on someones internet etiquette and not based on the problem/solution or in this case question/answer.

(edited by Moderator)

WvW season 2

in WvW

Posted by: zortek.9607

zortek.9607

Ignore the trolls. Try to find your server’s community website and honestly ask what you can do to get up to speed on things. Many servers are even holding training sessions for folks who don’t normally WvW and it would be a good idea to get involved with something like that so that the WvW event is not a painful experience.

Kaineng was the only server I thought had people this nice (excepting one particularly ineffective, bloviating, cheezedoodle commander with a pug-hating ego the size of a planetary gas giant).

That said, the operative take-away for me Chris.3290, is:

WvW is and should be “appropriately” painful. Depending on the server culture, it might be tragically painful. It is through our pain that we learn and grow. There should be little tolerance for sloth. And while the field can absorb and uplift the ignorant, no one in WvW should tolerate stupidity.

Finally, to the OP… there is a generally accepted principle that if one must display ignorance, one should patiently await the arrival of wisdom humbly.

Other than that… I’ve been told there is something on the internets called the google. It is supposed to help move one from a place of ignorance to a place of reduced ignorance. Although, I would not hope for enlightenment. One’s mileage may vary.

@Chris.3209, good on you for your attitude.

WvW season 2

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

One of our most active community members on SoS was a nice lady who never did WvW before the first season. Because people when out of their way to help her, she’s now a commander and does a lot of good work during our off hours play. It’s one of the things that has keeps us ahead of Mag and FA.

WvW season 2

in WvW

Posted by: zortek.9607

zortek.9607

Understandable. I believe we should always be nurturing the next generation of participants (including facilitating new commanders). That said, it is our responsibility to also try and learn where and how people can best contribute.

For example, I know WvW commanders that are amazing strategically but become paralyzed in tactical situations. Further, there are those that execute tactical ops brilliantly but are insensitive (or ineffective) in their communications. And there are those that excel in command support but don’t/won’t pin up except to lead havocs, runbacks, or flankers. <— principle justification for alt-colored pins

Like such commanders, it is important that we allow every individual to find their contributory sweet spot (even if it means we need to push them outside their zone of comfort in order to discover hidden potential).

But I suppose the OP question has been answered and the thread resolved.

WvW season 2

in WvW

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

But I suppose the OP question has been answered and the thread resolved.

Since it has been answered, we will be closing this thread, as it does not foster a welcoming environment. Please be mindful of our Forum Code of Conduct: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/rules