Account bound WXP

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

I don’t know what’s worse, anet doesn’t have it ready or anet has it ready for months now and holds it off to release it same time ESO comes out making player experience worse … either way it sux.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

this thread is always on the first page. I wonder why.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Must be completely accidental.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Did you really list almost 20k kills in WvW since release at a positive stat?

edit: almost?

Depends on the tier. Lower tiers don’t get the same kill opportunities as higher tier servers. Also the play style matters a lot. I mostly skirmish/roam in a mid tier server so my “almost” 60k kills is very high for where I am at and the style of fighting I do. However 60k kills on a T1 or T2 zerging isn’t that many.

aye, playstyle matters a lot. 1 year and 1 month of WvW – 10000 kills. 70% of my time is spend scouting or solo roaming. 15% spent zerging, 10% is PvE/Dungeons, 5% spent harrassing warriors who die to silly things.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

Account bound WXP

in WvW

eithinan.9841

yoohoo devs. Anything to be said about this topic????

lol…

Account bound WXP

in WvW

eithinan.9841

I like my new engineer. Too bad i wont play him this season.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: zortek.9607

zortek.9607

Don’t you see, this whole trolling, slow-rolling, drip-dripping rollout is entirely and exactly timed to coincide with ESO early access opening. That by the way is at 7 a.m. ET on March 28. Regular access ESO launches on 4/4, the same day ast the last scheduled GW2 blog post reveal. Coincidence? Yeah, right…

Unfortunately, by the 28th it will be too late. The time to commit for early access is now. By 7am ET on March 28 decisions WILL ALREADY BE MADE.

I know a lot… A LOT of people made their decision to switch from WvW to AvA this past weekend — and the lag fest, disconnects, and skill nullification was a huge factor. There was a huge amount of chat about it in the channels, forums, and mail.

The train wreck that ANet calls risk management doesn’t seem to realize that their timing ends up cementing the exodus. Major releases always bring with them bugs and exploits. Simultaneously starting Season 2 and releasing substantial changes to the meta is monumentally stupid.

Furthermore, many might only have dabbled with ESO. Now there is a real possibility that any that consider returning may be facing a catastrophic Season 2 Starter. Why return to a disaster (worse than was left behind)?

I honestly don’t know which train I’ll end up on or if I will stand near the train tracks and watch… <sound collision>

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Epsilon Atreides.3816

Epsilon Atreides.3816

Scanned through to see if this was linked here, didn’t see it:

Mike O’Brien GW2 China Interview

May shed some light on upcoming account bound discussion. Account bound dyes and something about account bound level unlocks in the Chinese version.

Epsilon
Mag/FA

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Scanned through to see if this was linked here, didn’t see it:

Mike O’Brien GW2 China Interview

May shed some light on upcoming account bound discussion. Account bound dyes and something about account bound level unlocks in the Chinese version.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/feature-packs/

March 27th has an entry labeled “Account Bound”. God only know what that can mean but they will probably use that to expand further.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Donpedro.8906

Donpedro.8906

ANET, Talk about this plz ….

Communicate……

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

ANET, Talk about this plz ….

Communicate……

Check the main page of the GW2 website on Mar 27th. It is probably what “account bound” is referring to. In which case, they WILL NOT talk about it early.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/feature-packs/

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Phantasmal.5631

Phantasmal.5631

They will release it in 2060 and then when they cannot meet that deadline, they will go silent and say they will release it in the year 2100.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

lol well the Account Bound feature was for skins and dyes, no WXP in sight!

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Dawntree.7246

Dawntree.7246

Don’t you see, this whole trolling, slow-rolling, drip-dripping rollout is entirely and exactly timed to coincide with ESO early access opening. That by the way is at 7 a.m. ET on March 28. Regular access ESO launches on 4/4, the same day ast the last scheduled GW2 blog post reveal. Coincidence? Yeah, right…

It’s called marketing. It’s not trolling, this is how the entire World work.

Emanuel Dawntree – Nord Guardian of [TasH] – 9×80
Whiteside Ridge

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Dawntree.7246

Dawntree.7246

lol well the Account Bound feature was for skins and dyes, no WXP in sight!

wait 2 days, then you can despair

Emanuel Dawntree – Nord Guardian of [TasH] – 9×80
Whiteside Ridge

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

I really do not understand the opposition to this idea from the Dev Team. It pigeonholes people into one character, which doesn’t even help their bottom line.

Yup I still can’t play alts in WvW, because it feels like a waste since I could be gathering WXP on main. GW2 feels like a 1 character – 1 class game to me No wonder I keep getting bored and leave for 6+ months at a time.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

You’ll get to buy an unlock charge for every rank of WXP gained. :P

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Felix Pantherae.1425

Felix Pantherae.1425

Not entirely sure if someone may have already posted this, as I sure did not take the time to read through 11-pages worth of mostly-meaningless-posts (not to be harsh, just being honest), but, if you look at the upcoming blog posts for the April 15, 2014 Feature Pack, one of the two announcements to come on the 27th of March is vaguely titled “Account-Bound.” Seems like the perfect time to throw in account-bound wxp….

Granted, I could be wrong and it may be something totally unrelated, but wxp just seems too likely, and just too good of a time, for it to be anything else. After all, it was SUPPOSED to be released with EOTM…. so how much longer could it really be before it is finally released, if they had originally thought it to be ready way back then.

“From the flames we’ll find our freedom”

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

Not entirely sure if someone may have already posted this, as I sure did not take the time to read through 11-pages worth of mostly-meaningless-posts (not to be harsh, just being honest), but, if you look at the upcoming blog posts for the April 15, 2014 Feature Pack, one of the two announcements to come on the 27th of March is vaguely titled “Account-Bound.” Seems like the perfect time to throw in account-bound wxp….

Granted, I could be wrong and it may be something totally unrelated, but wxp just seems too likely, and just too good of a time, for it to be anything else. After all, it was SUPPOSED to be released with EOTM…. so how much longer could it really be before it is finally released, if they had originally thought it to be ready way back then.

Yes, been mentionned, along with Legendary, dies, character stuff (armor/trinkets), commander tag… anything actually not account bound can go there…

Now, dies and skins are pretty much ruled out, but doesn’t mean the object is WxP…
Anything that is not yet account bound

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Raul.1680

Raul.1680

I wondering to know why Wxp is still not account bound…

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: thiagoperne.7340

thiagoperne.7340

Because it wasn’t released yet?

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Because it is not ready.
Simple as that.

It is quite possible we might hear something about it with the Mar 27Account-Bound blogpost though.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

I really hope so, I know a lot of ppl who are frustrated this isn’t coming with season2.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I really hope so, I know a lot of ppl who are frustrated this isn’t coming with season2.

If it get announced on the blog at 27th, it mean its likely to come on april 15th (which is during the seasons)

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

I wander watt happened to the other thread with more then eleven (11) pages about this.

Simple reply. They can care less about ABWXP.

The message referring the 2nd league was the same they used for league 1. The players of WWW don’t have commercial value, so we don’t deserve any respect.

Many players had spend gold and time, improving new chars for the league, and ended like me, spending all badges and laurels to boast a little bit their chars with more WXP.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: BHo.6234

BHo.6234

Im sitting with 400 levels on one toon and 570 on another. I really need this to happen.

Pata Vormund
Leader, [FIST] Fire Support Team
SoS

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

Because 1 + 1 = 3

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Because it is not ready.

Except data mining has revealed that it is.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

Because it is not ready.

source pls…

would like to read…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

The message that came with the WXP trait reset last week said that there wouldn’t be any resets during the season. So don’t bet on acct bound WXP happening any time soon.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Athera.4506

Athera.4506

I really hope tomorrow is the big day for WvW. If they don’t announce account wxp, i fear for the future of this game. The suspense is killing me !!!!!!!!!

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Ever since they backed off the reset of ratings, I don’t doubt they can back off in somenthing they said again …

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Phantasmal.5631

Phantasmal.5631

I really hope tomorrow is the big day for WvW. If they don’t announce account wxp, i fear for the future of this game. The suspense is killing me !!!!!!!!!

Don’t hold your breath too long. It’s been 6 months and counting for a lot of people.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

Clever girl….

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

(Wall of text, commented on what we already know).

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Hex.6415

Hex.6415

I bet they will do something along the lines (numbers pulled out of thin air):

Char 1: rank 40, 100,000,000 wxp
Char 2: rank 200, 300,000,000 wxp
Char 3: rank 5, 1000 wxp

ACC-wxp patch hits

Char 1: gets rank 40 + [rank coresponding to (300,000,000 wxp + 1000 wxp)]
Char 2: gets rank 200 + [rank coresponding to (100,000,000 wxp + 1000 wxp)]
Char 3: gets rank 5 + [rank coresponding to (100,000,000 wxp + 300,000,000 wxp)]

After that you get to customize every char with it’s own pool of wvw rank points.

Then, every WXP any char gets, is put in every char’s wxp pool that you have.

One thing they may go for is to make “gifted” wxp less, as in char that got the wxp gets 100%, the other chars get a % of it, based on the wvw rank difference between them. So a rank 5 will give 5/200 % of it’s received wvw xp to the rank 200, and of course, a rank 200 will “gift” only 5/200 % of it’s received wvw to the rank 5 dude.

And this means no rank points reset needed.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Slomo.1029

Slomo.1029

Today is the day boy.
???????? raise your dongers ????????

Just joking, it will be Acc-Bound Legendarys/Story Dungeos.

~ Gandara

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Lauranda.1342

Lauranda.1342

I am hoping for wxp, but if it is, why didnt we get it before season 2…or are they gonna have an 11th hour patch before tomorrow. Btw, why would wvw, which is a minor part of the overall game, be used as leverage against ESO? If anything, the entire 4-15 patch shouldve been released already to battle ESO.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Btw, why would wvw, which is a minor part of the overall game, be used as leverage against ESO?

Minor? You’re joking right?

WvW is the endgame here. Sad as it is, WvW is the glue holding people here. Once something better comes out…

sPvP died ages ago and the only thing else is mindless repetitive rounds of bosses, dungeons and fractals. At least with WvW you’re playing against real people and they are not predictable. Everything else is AI, repeatable, and predictable.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Lauranda.1342

Lauranda.1342

Yes, minor. When was the last WvW update? Half a year ago, when we lost the lake and gained some sPvP ruin-capping nonsense. Obviously it’s minor or anet would update it more frequently to keep people playing, so they buy gems with cash…you know, the only way anet makes money off GW2.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Because it is not ready.

Data mining have often revealed stuffs months before release, and even revealed stuff that wasn’t released at all.

Just because parts of it is in the code doesn’t mean it is ready.

And if it was ready back when it was first found (several months ago btw) why haven’t they released it yet?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

(edited by lordkrall.7241)

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

Because it is not ready.

Data mining have often revealed stuffs months before release, and even revealed stuff that wasn’t released at all.

Just because parts of it is in the code doesn’t mean it is ready.

And if it was ready back when it was first found (several months ago btw) why haven’t they released it yet?

There are account-bound mechanics in place for so many currencies. Several of them had been converted from char-bound to account-bound, too. Not to mention the fact that Fractal progression was made account-bound, too.

I just think that the single intern they have doing all of the WvW development is just having trouble finding the time to do WEXP properly. Has all those new masteries to test, instead.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

So.. because they said that they won’t do any major changes for WvW during the seasons, is it then safe to assume that account bound WxP is coming AFTER season 2?

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Account bound WXP

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

So.. because they said that they won’t do any major changes for WvW during the seasons, is it then safe to assume that account bound WxP is coming AFTER season 2?

Nope, seeing as the Feature Patch is coming in the middle of the Season and it includes some major professions changes I would say it is fully possible that they will release it during the season if ready.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

It was usually already posted by now.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Avit.3165

Avit.3165

I think account bound Wxp is ready from long time,they just postponed for this patch,otherwise there will be 0 WvW update on this so call “big” patch.
Next WvW update 3-4 months from now,maybe.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Srolo.5208

Srolo.5208

WHOOO HOOOO. Finally!

Account bound WXP

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Nope, seeing as the Feature Patch is coming in the middle of the Season and it includes some major professions changes I would say it is fully possible that they will release it during the season if ready.

Middle of the season? 2 weeks after start and 7 weeks until season 2 ends. Thats not middle. Thats right after PvE players will have all achivements completed.

Account bound WXP

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Middle of the season? 2 weeks after start and 7 weeks until season 2 ends. Thats not middle. Thats right after PvE players will have all achivements completed.

sigh

I should have been clearer: “During the ongoing season”.
Better?

The point still remains that it will be released during the season, and thus the comment about not “making major changes to WvW during season” invalid for this season.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square