/laugh

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: Allie.4925

Allie.4925

I’m here to ask a very simple question.

So, whenever I play WvW, I experience loads of people /laughing at me when I go down (and in draws too). I didn’t really think much about it at first, but to be honest it’s starting to make me wonder about the purpose behind it. So, for those 2000+ hours WvW veterans and roamers out there, what is the purpose?

I mean, do they laugh at me because they think I’m a bad player? Is it because they liked the fight or just thought it was fun? Or is it because of a desperate need to establish themselves as a superior player because they’re lacking in other parts of their life (read: penile extension http://nb.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=penile%20extension)?

Anyway. I can’t help but feel some players might be offended by that last question (pff.. what…?), so I’ll just move on and finish my post.

I’d like to hear what situations people have experienced this in, and in what situation they might actually do it themselves.

So, to start out. My most memorable /laugh situation was when a thief went in and downed me mid-fight against a few others. I was injured, and nearly downed to begin with, so this annoyed me slightly. Anyway, he didn’t try to kill me off immediately, but instead decided to auto-attack me whilst /laughing. At this point, my mesmer friend came in and brutally murdered said thief, whom was distracted from typing /laugh, I’m sure, and gave me a ress. He then ended up trying to kill us repeatedly for the rest of the evening. Whilst laughing. He got us a few times, but at that point we had already won more then a few fights against him so we didn’t really care.

As for myself, I think I would mainly only use /laugh when people I’m fighting falls off cliffs and gives me a free kill. Because I think it’s kitten funny is why. And whoever claims they wouldn’t think it was funny is a kitten liar.

So, give me stories great veterans! And roamers! And if you’re the kind who /laughs at any kill you get, kitten off I’m not interested in your penile extensions or brags at how big your kitten is

Yours truly,

Cassidy

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

That’s nothing.

You know you’ve really kittened them off when they start trolling your teamspeak.

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

It always comes down to small male genitalia doesn it? Anyway, I laugh to get all the nerd zerglings angry enough to leave their zerg and try kill me by themselves, sometimes it’s the only way to get an even fight in this game.

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

When it’s a zerg, its because they defeated you.

Yes, then being wiped several times in smaller groups by your small group, had to resort to bringing in their entire server, grouping together into one single massive zerg, all in order to kill your small group.

They then laugh at you because of it, that they needed more people to defeat you because you are better than them.

Yeah, it’s silly but it happens all the time. All you can do is laugh at it, they see greater numbers as being better skilled. But that is how WvW has ended up being, its all about numbers and coverage.

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

I /laugh when 4 of us are pounding on a keep, get scouted and suddenly 40+ people (or the whole enemy zerg) lands on us. I find that situation comical in the extreme; the laugh is on us for being caught and outflanked. Of course if we are seconds from the lord down, and seconds from the timer, I’ll admit, I’m not laughing. If we make it, I will be laughing at how close we came, but you won’t see me do an emote.

If you’re an enemy that overwhelmed us with sheer numbers, doing an emote at me after I’m down, like I’ve said before, I’m sorry, I won’t see it, I’ve already got my map open, clicking on the waypoint. I’ve got better ways to spend my time.

If you’re an enemy doing an emote to try and taunt. Don’t bother. Either you go down or I go down. If it’s a good fight, you get a /bow and/or a /salute. If you’re taunting me to try and draw me in, I’m not going to have someone kite me across the map if I’m not strategically headed that way, so you’ll just get ignored.

Of course, I’ve successfully kited my fair share of warriors and guardians across the map myself without taunting. What is it about you guys not able to kill an Elementalist that kittens you off so much? That’s a serious question.

/stops rambling

I will /laugh at situations. (like being grossly outnumbered)

I won’t laugh at players in WvW who are genuinely trying to fight.

I’ve got nothing to prove, except to improve.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

its psychology.

you try to break their morale/provoke them to be reckless the next time should they come back

its like boxing/mma etc, taunting is a skill

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Most of the people I see on our side doing the taunting and laughing are scrubs.

They should really think twice if they’re doing it to provoke the enemy, because they might get what they want, and I’m not going to stick around and help them.

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

One thing to take note of:

Click the dropdown menu arrow next to your main chat window/tab. In this dropdown, you will see “emotes” you can uncheck this option and the grey text will be removed from your chat.

If you like seeing emotes, you can simply create a new tab, and disable this and just swap to it when entering PvP/WvW.

Choosing this will not change visual emotes, only their appearance in the chat window.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

The only time I laugh is if I am fighting outnumbered.

If someone laughs when they down you, it is just because they rarely win a fight and are happy. For anyone who has a lot of kills, one more is not a big deal.

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

I laugh to taunt my enemies and I laugh to poke fun at one of my guildies.
As mentioned you can turn emotes off or just ignore all the spam even though I’m guilty of spamming emotes myself, it’s just for fun though;; its nothing to be taken too seriously.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The true warrior respects his opponent, and feels no need to flaunt his superiority at the vanquished. He is also troubled not by taunts or barbs from others, for are they but merely words?

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Tell us more about your build. It can say a lot about the kind of player you are, and how your “kind” is perceived by others.
I usually /laugh to taunt my enemies – usually when they are playing a cheesy build in a even cheesier way, or when they go in-out of gates. Provoking them is usually the best way to kill them, as they WILL get mad and will overextend.

And I always laugh when I pull someone off a wall and he gets killed.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

I am against emotes as a grief, I only use them when it is a very funny situation like once I had a whole zerg chase me down in EB, hitting me with all kind of CC and miraculously my slow guardian made inside a tower. I think it is funny a when a zerg change directions to chase a lone guy.

Besides that I think I used twice during an extremely pathetic situation. The last time I remember about, another guy and I we were alone trying to “defend”, which was more like stay on top and watch the zerg break down the gate, our paper EB keep and somehow while players worked on the gates, the zerg got an AC and a balli up just to hit us. We didn’t had siege, didn’t had supply and there was a zerg making orange swords, we of course wouldn’t bother to try to defend. Anyway, that baffled me. I was so surprised and finding comical and yet pathetic the situation that I typed /laugh.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

(edited by azyume.6321)

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: DemonCow.5328

DemonCow.5328

From my experience, most of the time I see people laugh is after they brought their map-blob to kill a 5-10 man group – looking at you, JQ – I do see it occasionally from roamers when we end up running into them and they realize there is nothing they can do at that point but laugh….

Once in a while, you’ll see a roamer that wants nothing more than to chase you all the way across a map and then laugh/dance on your corpse… just realize that they’re probably 14 and other than sleep, eat and school, this is the only thing they do (and their mother dresses them funny!)

On very rare occasion, I do see people actually using the /laugh emote when something funny happens and not just to taunt or disrespect other players

[TI] Taking Initiative- Tarnished Coast
Guild Leader
takinginitiative.enjin.com

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: Truebanana.5936

Truebanana.5936

I like to torture people who laugh and sometimes laugh at them.
I think it’s better to down them, but don’t finish them and then stop them when they are about to ress themself untill they give up. In 1vs1 i only gave up (that mean killing him) once against someone who wouldn’t give up after 7minutes lol. All that without using any emote.

My best /laugh moment was agaisnt a desolation guild few months ago.
I was roaming with my gf (me on my ele and her on engineer) and we had a necro who kept spamming /laugh everytime we died in 2vs10/20/30/40+

We downed him near the water gate on valley on eternal battleground and then she bumped him next to bravost (took a lot of time lol) on the spiders.
We were cheering at the spider (/cheer @) but that necro kept winning against them and wouldn’t give up, even if we kept downing him after he killed those spiders.
After 5min he called 4 of his guildmate and we farmed them for more than 10min. Everytime those 4 were dead, we were spamming /laugh @ on the necro (we still didn’t finish him even in 2vs5, all of his guildmates, but not him) and pulled spider after spider on him.
At the end his guildmate gave up and stood far enough from us and were using /cry emote xD We killed the necro and left.

Me and my gf are 31 and 25 years old, but we like online gaming to play against trolls, because it’s really fun to imagine people getting nervous over a game

Truebanana [Opt] Solo roaming D/F Elementalist on Augury Rock
Dolcebanana [Opt] Solo roaming D/F Elementalist twink lvl 60 on Augury Rock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3xj7suly_U

(edited by Truebanana.5936)

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

I do it so players get angry and make forum posts about it. That lets me know that I was successful.

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

I only /laugh when I or my roaming group win a outnumbered or one sided fight I/we should have certainly lost or when someone goes out of their way to engage me/us and gets beat when I/we had no interest in fighting them….

Example: We were once fighting an enemy group from server A while enemy group server B stood and watched it go on and jumped in just as we server A was mostly downed and being beat. I assume it was to get us both…. we killed both servers… Server A group fought well but Server B group players were bad and they should feel bad for not getting us.

Taunts happen, both giving and receiving….. If you just remember its just a game it shouldn’t be a big deal.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

If you are a professional player you do not laugh at an enemy even if you win a 2 v 10 fight.

Kill your foes and move on.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

lol @ professional player…

GW is serious business y’all gotta be professional….

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

I laugh because it makes people mad enough to make a thread on the forums about it.
Oh look!

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: Curse Drew.8679

Curse Drew.8679

I like ticking ppl off! It’s fun.

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Since many characters sound like they’re laughing hysterically, as in they’ve gone mad (my sylvari male for example), I tend to to laugh when I’m, say, the lone man on an AC when a 40+ blob comes barreling towards a tower, etc. I also laugh when I chase a nike warrior across the map and finally catch him and kill him. I’ll pop endure pain and laugh while 20 people beat on my body until it wears off and I’m crushed under the weight of their blobby mass.

I /salute when I fight and win against an opponent that shows a high level of skill, and had managed to push me to the brink before I got them down.

Otherwise, I do nothing. When people do it to me, as in /laugh @, since they’re laughing with me I have a little chuckle myself. If they simply /laugh after defeating me in a fight (especially if it’s 4v1 or more), I just picture the twelve year old behind the keyboard that is likely being yelled at by his mom that dinner has been ready for 10 minutes, or the twelve year old trapped in a man’s/woman’s body that likely hasn’t showered since last week.

It’s all about how you take it in, man.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

(edited by Ark Bladesteele.2943)

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

It’s quite simple.

People who show skill, courage and respect fighting even-numbered or out-numbered, they get a /salute.

People who run away from even fights, and only come out to play when they have numbers behind them, they get a /laugh.

A group of zerglings who break off from the train to chase a lone person half way across the map, and end up getting wiped, they might even get a /dance.

Then there are the people who just use emotes to try and wind you up and bait you into making a mistake. Welcome to the internet.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

(edited by Ragnar.4257)

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

I put on a suit and tie before I start playing GW2. Gotta go pro bro.

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

@OP: you mad bro?

Other than that:

I personally use /laugh when fighting permastealth thieves. As I can’t do anything about them, when they disengage for the 5th time doing zero harm, it’s my way of letting them know: “nice try”.

It also gets them mad sometimes, so I can properly kill them.

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

I /laugh when i solo roam with my staff zerker ele and a s/d thief comes, thinks he is uber pro and gets himself killed. Srsly a s/d thief should win against a zerker staff ele no matter what ^^
Or if 2 enemy zergs fight and i get the loot of both of them because 1 meteor ^^
Thats all

all is vain – #BelieveInKarl – #EvanForPresident

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I’ve heard people calling /laugh a strategy because it aggravates your opponents and encourages them to make stupid decisions. While I can see how this might work, I also think it’s only an excuse that’s trying to justify being a do**hebag.

Most times if someone laughs, does some other emote or jumps on your corpse, it’s for one of the following reasons:

1. Because they are plain and simple, a jacka**.
2. They feel threatened by you and are trying to assert their dominance (I have had this happen many times in PvP as well. I focus someone down and ignore everyone else, they feel threatened and if they defeat me at any point during the match they’ll taunt me. Even though it was nothing personal from my end.)
3. It literally has no meaning. Sometimes, people will emote out of the randomness of the situation with no other real purpose behind it. Sometimes I will /cheer or /cower if I have an unexpected victory for example. Not because I’m taunting them but just because I am literally surprised.

It’s best not to let yourself be frustrated by it, even if you’re short tempered like myself. The likelyhood of them getting their karma for being a jerk is very high anyway. I can’t tell you how many times someone has emoted at me and immediately afterwards been killed either while I’m downed, dead or in some cases I haven’t even engaged them. I remember one time there was this perplexity thief that was whispering me and trying to convince me to duel them but I refused because I didn’t want to satisfy them with an easy victory. They /laughed a bunch in the distance until our zerg came up and rolled him from behind within about 60seconds of his first whisper.

You can also do what I do, though I don’t really recommend it. Because I spend a lot of time roaming, I take mental notes on characters, guild tags, ranks and professions so that I know how to react to them in the future. If someone taunts me, I will rarely taunt them back if I defeat them in the future, but I will happily let people know of their behavior so that they might be taunted by multiple others (: I may not know their ingame names, but I will be certain they don’t die happily if they want to be a jerk to me.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I disabled emotes but like to spam spacebar to make my toon jump and having people rage about it in /w. Priceless.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

I don’t tend to /laugh at people unless they accidentally walk off a cliff or something really stupid, and I /bow/salute if I think it was a good fight regardless of who won. I do /wave goodbye if they’re losing and decide to run off though. Considering how much grief we thieves get for that, it’s fun to point out just how often other classes do it ^^

A lot of the time I find it’s underleveled characters that are laughing at me. I tend to leave them alone unless they really ask for it, but if you’re just gonna laugh when I show you a little compassion then you’re fair game as far as I’m concerned.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

I put on a suit and tie before I start playing GW2. Gotta go pro bro.

For sure. I am now selling these hats to all pro gamers

Attachments:

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

They /laugh because they are under 20 years old.

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

Me and my gf are 31 and 25 years old, but we like online gaming to play against trolls, because it’s really fun to imagine people getting nervous over a game

Just as a side note, I am so envious of guys whose girlfriends play MMOs with them. If she also has a great sense of humour and likes to cook, you should marry her.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Those kind of people that laugh in such situations are kittenbags that still kitten at home and whose mothers still do the laundry for them.

Ignore them. :-)

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: TheBandicoot.5294

TheBandicoot.5294

While roaming is my main activity in GW2 period, i dont /laugh usually. When i do, its because the target person a) tried to play cheap instead of fair, b) ran away only to return to try again and be repelled once more, c) went on to beat me when i was outnumbered and i didn’t get away fast enough but now was alone with no group backing him up… the list is long, but when i /laugh, its because of a gameplay reason and not because of several small genitalia or my age or whatever you could think off.

The opposite is that i simply leave a foe alive when the fight was good, fair, and fun, and /salute or /bow in advance.

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: White Raven.4368

White Raven.4368

I have ever laughed at the enemy once a long time a go. When 5 of us were defending a tower with no siege up. The enemy of 20-30 turned up,could have wiped us in 5 minutes with rams. Decide to build a treb to the north. [Insert laugh at them].

Before they did much damage we had people coming from Citadel to wipe them out.

Desolation [LOST]Lost in Socks Guild.

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I roam on a necro, and I laugh at people when they run from me in Ana tempt to bruise their ego into fighting me again. It works about a third of the time.

But usually getting laughed at isn’t positive in any way.

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Don’t get emotional over emotes.

Mag Server Leader

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: Allie.4925

Allie.4925

Yees… Appareantly this is a “mad” post :P haha

Someone asked what build I run. Well, my builds vary based on my situation and what build most benefits the group I’m with.

As an engineer and roaming I often run SD because it’s fun, and I’m surprised to see that I kill people easily with it (one would think it’s super easy to dodge, but apparently not). I’ve never been that fond of nades or bombs, even though they are the most viable options as an engineer, so I try out different things that might work without heading in that direction. (maybe that’s why people laugh?) The build itself is 1 / 6 / 0 /0 /6, with mostly zerker gear, with an exception of soldier’s trinkets to get a little bit more survival. Traits involve the basic SD-setup, with an exception of adrenalin implant to get a bit more survival through dodge (I’m quite fond of dodging).

Anyway, SD is also often a bit too squishy for my tastes, so I often switch to more bulkier builds, such as a personalized turret build when roaming with friends providing a lot of annoyance for whomever tries to kill us, and a fair amount of support for my partners. I don’t do much damage, but that doesn’t really matter so long as we win the fights, which we seem to do most of the time. As for the build itself, it’s 1 / 0 / 6 / 6 / 0, switching between various traits depending on need for survival and/or extra damage (For instance, give turrets extra damage of 4 sec of invuln). My gear is mostly Soldier’s, for the survival. I have about 30k health in this build, and apply both confusion, blinds, stuns, and cripples all the time.

These two are the builds I play most often, and have a lot of fun playing.

A third build I also used to play a lot is the P/P condition build, with elixirs. The build being fun enough to play, but feels like its not really that strong when compared to other condition builds in other classes, so I’ve started avoiding it a bit more. The base build is 4 / 4 / 0 / 6 / 0. I’m not gonna bother putting up the traits because I hardly ever use it anymore, but though I’d put it up just in case.

Anyway

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

You’re penile guess is the reason most of the time.

However one time I was fighting these two Charr on my upleveled Engi. And they downed me. But this Moa had been drawn into the fight.

So they stood there watching me downed and fighting the Moa. The Moa killed me. Lol, even I laughed at that one.

One of the Char starts /laughing and all I could think was, “Laugh it up fuzzball.” Wish I’d have partied him and said that to him wouldda been a great laugh.

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: Blanger.3162

Blanger.3162

I mean, do they laugh at me because they think I’m a bad player? Is it because they liked the fight or just thought it was fun? Or is it because of a desperate need to establish themselves as a superior player because they’re lacking in other parts of their life (read: penile extension http://nb.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=penile%20extension)?

A little of all of the above I’d think, but you know you’ve really made a impression when they take turns jumping up and down on your corpse which always makes me /laugh at them which isn’t the response they seem to want.

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

If I fight a skilled roamer and down them, I usually /bow and let them revive. But yesterday, I was fighting a hammer/GS warr that we fought for like a good solid 8 minutes…Downed him…/bow, let him revived, and he tried to attack me again. kitten? No manners :/.

But I do /laugh if I rekt bag farmers solo. I mean come on, it is comical.

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

In virtually every scenario, an enemy is either not worth the effort to laugh at them or they were a solid competitor deserving of respect.

There is really only one justifiable laugh moment in my book. That is when some player acts like a kitten and gets killed. This can be from interrupting a duel or getting laughed at after they were “disrespectful” post fight.

If I want to make a point, I will let them get back up and kill them over and over till they die on down or they quit.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

Or is it because of a desperate need to establish themselves as a superior player because they’re lacking in other parts of their life (read: penile extension http://nb.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=penile%20extension)?

Yours truly,

Cassidy

Pretty much this… Players will /laugh in everything from a 1v1 to a 10v1. They think because they stomped / killed a player that they are “better”. 90% of the time they are not actually better, but have help or more gold to buy better runes / food.

A great example of this, Melandru runes / Strength Runes / Any Expensive foods like -40% condition foods.

Another thing is TIME to play. Those who have more time can aquire BIS (Best in Slot) gear. Such as Ascended and/or Legendaries.

Finally, some players they stomp / kill are still learning the classes they are playing. For some reason there are a lot of underage (under 18) players in this game.

Sometimes you will get lucky and run into those players that fight you in a great 1v1 or 1vX and /bow or /salute to show they enjoyed your efforts.

Finally, it is an attempt to “Pis* you off…” and make you “rage quit” and/or QQ

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Well it’s always funny and worth laugh when roamer can’t handle 10 enemies alone or when he can’t out run 70 player zerg.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: Linghy.2031

Linghy.2031

In almost all cases it’s the micro-peen.

Granted, sometimes it’s justified (eg. trolls getting owned), but it’s always about making one person feel bad while making yourself feel bigger.

The exception is having a genuine laugh – responding to a funny joke or situation (eg. your blob jumped off a cliff). Even then, it’s often with one hand on your crotch, assuring yourself that it’s a “good size”.

If you see an enemy /laugh at you, try not to feel bad for them for too long, they’re doing the best they can. Blame the underwear companies for making the front section too generous.

~ Vbac

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: CptnDrunk.8361

CptnDrunk.8361

./laugh I use to provoke my opponent to get hot headed. If i beat them i /laugh to provoke them to return. To be honest getting a fair fight in WvW is like finding a meg tooth on the shoreline. I enjoy finding fun fights whether i win or lose.

Tone Deaf [TUNE] | Yaks Bend
Doctor Love – Mesmer
Captain Awesome – Warrior

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Once I was roaming through Ogre camp while our side was blue. I poked my head out the other end of the camp and thought I might take a shot at flipping Pang until I saw a minion master Necro headed towards me. I pulled back in to the camp and found myself a good position out of sight of the tower to avoid being spotted by more people. He came in guns blazing but it wasn’t him that was the threat at this point, it was the ogre’s that kept aggroing. By the time he downed me, it was me versus him, 3 minions and 4 ogres. He /laughed at me, I shook my head, respawned and went back to finish what I had started. When I got there, the camp was nearly neutralized so it only took killing a few more ogres. I did so and just as I finished the same Necro showed up again. This time things went a little differently however and he kept trying to reset the fight by running back towards the tower every time he got low health. I was also on a Necro and I wasn’t using Spectral Walk so I couldn’t catch up with him and also didn’t want to because I didn’t want to risk being seen by more people. Finally I ended up downing him after he reset the fight about 3 times, but of course, immediately upon being downed he alt +F4’d.

Classic example of someone who isn’t willing to taste their own medicine.. So if you’re going to be a di*k don’t expect people not to be a di*k back to you if you get your karma. It’s just going to hurt that much more when you get what you deserve.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

I don’t bother with the emote, I just laugh every time I see people run blindly into a champ with righteous buff on it.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I laugh at people when I’m running solo on my ranger and they are hiding in a upgraded camp or tower, too afraid to come out for a 1-3v1.

I also laugh at every nike warrior that runs from a fight, and troll perplex/stealth thieves when they die.

A good solid fighter not running some completely cheesy build gets a bow. On the few occasions I’ve run into a decent power ranger I’ll bow and leave then in the downed state instead of stomping.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

/laugh

in WvW

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

I /laugh at players that run away from 1v1 specially the draft racer warriors and cowardly stealthy thieves. It is pvp after all and you should expect these sort of behavior. There are many reasons why players do it but the main one is to provoke you. They want you to nerd rage in the game or make a thread about it here in the forums. Congratulation, you are satisfying them /laugh.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!