not that hard to stop zoomers

in WvW

Posted by: mikoe.6574

mikoe.6574

Send a employee or 2 out and patrol the wvw maps. when a tower or keep is being attacked have them stand by a ac that is being shot that can not be reached from from door. when it is shot by a ac or someone zooming DELETE THERE ACCOUNT!!!!

Pointless to build siege and try to defend when the other side puts up rams. you shoot them 2 times with arrow cart from safe distance and all the sudden your getting hit by arrow carts. I have watched people put arrow carts by the door against a wall where there is no way in hell they can target anything and use them to destroy siege.

This has been going on for a long time. Either fix the game so it can no longer be done or fix the people that are doing it by removing them from the game. CHEATERS rune the game for the rest of us.

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

they’re not cheating, they’re just using a different aspect ratio than you are.

Anet has stated they won’t punish ppl for it.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Fix the people, lol…

Look, Anet could fix this in one afternoon. Copy the fire system of the mortar/catapult/trebuchet, up the turning speed a little and adjust for proper distance on the firing archs. Done. Arrowcarts suddenly far more balanced and impossible to abuse by aspect.

But they arent doing it. Why? Nobody knows.

My only conclusion is that they want people to abuse arrowcarts and they want people to use the aspect ratio cheat. So really, its officially approved. Its been that for 1.5 years now.

in WvW

Posted by: Nirvana.8659

Nirvana.8659

What’s the “aspect ratio”?
How can i set it?
Because i hate the gw2 camera,i don’t want to use cheats but if this “aspect ratio” change is allowed pls tell me how to do it,i’d like to have more zoom out.

I apologize for my english.
Engineer : Charliengine
Engineer : Brother Thompson

in WvW

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

How can i set it?
Because i hate the gw2 camera,i don’t want to use cheats but if this “aspect ratio” change is allowed pls tell me how to do it,i’d like to have more zoom out.

If you have one monitor, open the options, under the resolution settings, set the game to window mode, then grab the bottom of the game window, and drag it up to near the top of your screen to put the game into a ridiculously narrow and impossible to see way, move your camera around as you normally would, and rain hell on enemy siege with arrow carts.

If you have multiple monitors, use a program called Eyefinity. And use it to unleash ultimate arrow cart trolling to your enemies.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Not 100% sure, but if Anet considers this an exploit, you might be infracted for your post. You might want to delete it.

As for fixing the issue: have the client (to save server resources) check whether the position you’ve targeted can be seen on a one of the “standard” monitor configurations. If not, the target circle goes red.

The server can do occasional random confirmation checks to make sure there isn’t funny business going on with the client.

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

Not 100% sure, but if Anet considers this an exploit, you might be infracted for your post. You might want to delete it.

As for fixing the issue: have the client (to save server resources) check whether the position you’ve targeted can be seen on a one of the “standard” monitor configurations. If not, the target circle goes red.

The server can do occasional random confirmation checks to make sure there isn’t funny business going on with the client.

It’s been posting several times (feel free to dig through the forums yourself) that this isn’t an exploit. Even using eyefinity, which is really just a graphics card software to allow people to use multiple screens fully. While its really cheesy to use, its in no ways an exploit..and it’d be really hard to enforce it because some people play in different aspect ratios (i.e. I play in windowed mode multitasking, etc…and I set the window to just what seemed to look best, though its pretty close to normal aspect ratios)

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in WvW

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

That’s what I was hoping to check If a forum mod removes it for ‘encouraging/spreading exploits’, they are voices of anet, and it means anet finds it to be an exploit, in which case they would have to fix it.

Since my post wasn’t removed, anet condones this form of unfair play aka cheating.

in WvW

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

How can i set it?

it is not zoom out, it is stretching your camera so you can see inside tower. it is not enjoyable thing to watch…

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Just do not let them build an ac next to the gate/wall. This practise is typically tied to certain guilds. If they are spotted on the map prepare to nuke down the ac site before it’s even built, and do that before you jump on inner siege or prepare to lose it all.

Tag and recognize the guy with the wide screen display and just be sure he’s the first one killed … Over and over again. Let others know how to recognize him to target him.

While the zoom hack sucks, you can be proactive. Too often people are afraid to die getting that ac down, and you wind up losing everything. If you die and take out that ac, you will likely have plenty of time to run back.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

It’s been posting several times (feel free to dig through the forums yourself) that this isn’t an exploit.

Please link these “several times”, because I’ve never seen them. In fact, I’ve seen on two occasions Anet specifying that they are against the rules, considered an exploit due to giving an advantage over other players. Once was Gaile Gray responding to a post about changing your aspect ratio, and the other was here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Which-kind-of-zoom-is-intended
They are VERY explicit that any other zoom other than default is considered a bannable exploit.
Stop spreading rumors to benefit your own exploiting. Anet has been a bunch of puppies about actually cracking down on this, but regardless, it IS bannable. This game is already on easymode, stop being a child and play it as it was intended.

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

in WvW

Posted by: Arlette.9684

Arlette.9684

Let me answer this as a player:

Consider PvP: Being able to zoom out farther than your opponent seems a definite advantage. If a PvP player can see the entire map, he/she certainly knows more, and can react differently, than those playing the game as intended (who cannot view the entire map through normal processes).

The advantage-giving provision of the program is a concern to me, as a player, as it seems clearly prohibited by the policy. " Our general policy is that anything that gives advantage is forbidden; anything that imbalances the game in favor of one player over another is strictly disallowed."

Dug this from another thread answered about 7 months ago.

Moira Dreamweaver lvl 80 Guardian [TG], Sky Mira lvl 80 Ranger [TG]
Isle of Janthir
All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

It’s been posting several times (feel free to dig through the forums yourself) that this isn’t an exploit.

Please link these “several times”, because I’ve never seen them. In fact, I’ve seen on two occasions Anet specifying that they are against the rules, considered an exploit due to giving an advantage over other players. Once was Gaile Gray responding to a post about changing your aspect ratio, and the other was here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Which-kind-of-zoom-is-intended
They are VERY explicit that any other zoom other than default is considered a bannable exploit.
Stop spreading rumors to benefit your own exploiting. Anet has been a bunch of puppies about actually cracking down on this, but regardless, it IS bannable. This game is already on easymode, stop being a child and play it as it was intended.

1) Thanks for assuming that I exploit, it makes you seem so intelligent
2) Thanks for calling me a child for explaining the forms of zoom ‘hacking’ that MOST people are thinking of the aspect ratio, NOT using external software. It would be impossible to ban people based on aspect ratios. If they want to totally prevent it, then when they go into windowed mode, force them into certain aspect ratios.
3) Most of the times people claim zoom hacks, its actually just clever AC placements. I’ve actually been accused of a zoom hack by a player from my own server who was a pug. I told him (in proper aspect ratios mind you!) where to place the AC, and how to tilt the camera to rotate the view to see through a gap above a door. It seems like MOST of the time people claim zoom hacks, it’s mostly because they don’t notice an AC that is placed well within range, or don’t know that AC’s don’t require LOS.

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Consider PvP: Being able to zoom out farther than your opponent seems a definite advantage. If a PvP player can see the entire map, he/she certainly knows more, and can react differently, than those playing the game as intended (who cannot view the entire map through normal processes).

The advantage-giving provision of the program is a concern to me, as a player, as it seems clearly prohibited by the policy. " Our general policy is that anything that gives advantage is forbidden; anything that imbalances the game in favor of one player over another is strictly disallowed."

Except that windowed mode and changing your aspect ratio are both features built into this game. Press Options.

in WvW

Posted by: KOK.2650

KOK.2650

Zoom hack is real. (Not going to post video since it will get me ban.)
You can google for it.
I doubt most of the ppl who use zoom exploit using window scaling.
1)It is hard and take lot of time to get it right
2)You can’t hit anywhere (try it if you doubt me)

Kok -lvl 80 warrior Tsukoyu-lvl 80 elementalist
Ayumu-lvl 80 Necromancer
Tsu-lvl 80 thief

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Since they won’t/can’t lock the FoV, they should unlock zoom for everyone. It solves the problem since then nobody would have an unfair advantage.

If they went this route, I would suggest they put in cover so ACs couldn’t hit without a line of sight on a target.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

zoom it back, do the same thing :>

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

I’m fairly certain that stretching a window is a lot easier/faster than finding and installing an untrustworthy 3rd party app.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I’m fairly certain that stretching a window is a lot easier/faster than finding and installing an untrustworthy 3rd party app.

Yes but 3dr party programs make AC’s ignore some validations, as an example imagine spamming 1AC as if were like 10 AC’s inside a lord room hitting inner walls on Hills.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

melodey.4652

Except that windowed mode and changing your aspect ratio are both features built into this game. Press Options.

Did you not read Anets response? Anything other than default zoom is an unfair exploit. End of story.

in WvW

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

Did you not read Anets response? Anything other than default zoom is an unfair exploit. End of story.

Stretching the screen is not altering the amount you zoom though. You are zoomed the same as the next guy.

in WvW

melodey.4652

Stretching the screen is not altering the amount you zoom though. You are zoomed the same as the next guy.

In order to obtain the view required to actually see over walls to exploit ACs, you have stretched your screen to the point where you can’t read your skills, chat, read the maps. It is not the same view “as the next guy”, not even remotely close. It is no where close to default view and obviously not intended. Stop trying to justify exploiting the game. Using windows mode to mimic zoom mods is the very definition of exploiting unintended parts of the game, which Anet has already stated is a bannable offense.

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Gaile was talking about the use of a program that helps with zooming. People with large monitors or different ratios aren’t the same as downloading a prog to exploit the game.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in WvW

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Using the windowed mode ratios and the “boss camera” are simply clever use of game mechanics….

If Anet started banning everyone who used eyefinity with multi-monitors things would turn into a $!@#storm.

They are not using any 3rd party programs (bannable), they are using ratios that could be obtained via very large resolutions in the exact same way.

If you were to use the windowed mode shrink as an example, it would be the equivalent of having a string of monitors changing the resolution width to a massive scale, giving the exact same effect.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in WvW

melodey.4652

Gaile was talking about the use of a program that helps with zooming. People with large monitors or different ratios aren’t the same as downloading a prog to exploit the game.

Read the link I provided. They used the word “anything” that changes the default view. You people sure have reading comprehension problems.

in WvW

melodey.4652

Using the windowed mode ratios and the “boss camera” are simply clever use of game mechanics….

If Anet started banning everyone who used eyefinity with multi-monitors things would turn into a $!@#storm.

They are not using any 3rd party programs (bannable), they are using ratios that could be obtained via very large resolutions in the exact same way.

If you were to use the windowed mode shrink as an example, it would be the equivalent of having a string of monitors changing the resolution width to a massive scale, giving the exact same effect.

That is false information. I know people with multiple monitor setups who have confirmed you cannot exploit the field of view. In order to stretch your screen to the point where you can exploit ACs, your screen isnt legible, you can’t read your skills, and the game is unplayable except to exploit. Anets stance is clear. Done trying to explain to little boys that they shouldn’t cheat. You all are on your own now, but I suggest reading the two posts that Anet has already given: you are putting your account in danger of banning if you “use anything other than default view settings to give yourself an advantage over other players”.

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Read the link I provided. They used the word “anything” that changes the default view. You people sure have reading comprehension problems.

Having a larger monitor, or dual monitors, doesn’t count as “anything”, since the game options allow you to make the windowed selection. It’s not a comprehension problem when the misunderstanding is on your part.

Anything, any other tool or program that allows you to zoom further back, hence providing you with an advantage over other players, is not allowed and considered an exploit.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

(edited by Smooth Penguin.5294)

in WvW

melodey.4652

Having a larger monitor, or dual monitors, doesn’t count as “anything”, since the game options allow you to make the windowed selection. It’s not a comprehension problem when the misunderstanding is on your part.

Anything, any other tool or program that allows you to zoom further back, hence providing you with an advantage over other players, is not allowed and considered an exploit.

I think the word “anything” is pretty kitten clear. And read the above posts. No monitor setup gives you the ability to see over walls. If you arent already using the exploit, go figure out what your setup would look like in order to see over walls and use an AC in order to exploit that view. Please post a screen and argue that the view is a normal way to play the game and totes intended. You should try to play that way off your AC. Youll die in 5s from not being able to see anything on your screen. It is the very definition of an exploit because it gives you an advantage over other players and breaks the intention of wvw to be able to set up defenses.

in WvW

Posted by: emendez.3705

emendez.3705

Is this post intended for Borlis Pass server? Seems as if they have a zoom-er in every zerg 24/7 especially when they go for keeps as if their huge zerg isn’t enough lol