same matchup over and over

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

WvW was BADLY designed from the offset, They would need to completely rework it from scratch and Anet is never going to do that.

They will continue to bottle feed us with half baked changes hoping it will keep us interested. It’s only a matter of time until it all comes crashing down around them.

Like how? Having high number fights come with a lot of limitation you cant forces ppl into playing on low pop wvw worlds Nor can you forces ppl not to play with each other in big groups. Its easy to sit there and say every thing is wrong with this and give nothing to help fix it.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

Pick your poison; either have a close to a competitive match-up as you can get, or one where your get destroyed or one where your doing the destroying. Those are your only real options, which unfortunately if you want a competitive one, means your playing the same servers all the time.

The only thing that will ever fix it which some people seem to be dead set against (for some odd reason), is the concept of WvW has to end as we know it. Get rid of server vs server. Make it so you join either factions or guilds. You log on, and you pick a guild or faction to fight for, and you can clearly see each map and how many are on each map before you join. This way, you will never have a blowout match unless you choose.

This way, you’ll always be fighting different people and guilds, very rarely you’ll ever encounter the same group. You won’t have skill lag unless you choose to play on a jammed map. You won’t have ques. To me, this sounds exactly what people want, diversity, and matches that aren’t stale.

Now the question is, why does player’s “server pride” get in the way of a system that offers complete diversity and un-stale match ups? There are already 3 factions in the game; there are already 3 borderlands. Change it to guilds if people don’t like the factions name. There are already 8 instances of each map due to the number of tiers. Given what we already know that some maps are completely barren on some servers, the likely hood of all instances of a particular map are full is highly highly unlikely.

Option to choose who you fight at any moment wouldn’t end good. Imho better idea would be to give guilds option to make alliances (like in GW1), up to, let’s say 20 guilds in one and makie it AvAvA – this way you’d fight only with members of your alliance on your side, you’d be able to build it for balanced coverage and would be able to get rid of any trolls or griefers. This way we’d also get more “A’s”, making it easier to pair them for balanced matchup.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

This should be very simple to address.

1) Winner moves up a tier
2) Loser moves down a tier
3) Random colors each week.

Then every other week will be the same matchup and you likely would have a 5 rank difference between top and bottom of each matchup every other week. Considering the population issues, 5 ranks is enough to make that matchup a faceroll.

Random colors: great idea and easy to implement. Anet just doesn’t care to do it.

in WvW

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

Just change the name of the server each week. Problem solved.

[DONE]

in WvW

Posted by: cobracommander.5861

cobracommander.5861

Oh man the QQ! The fights are much more even now, who cares what “server” the other player is from?

Darth
Necro
CD-FA-TC-HoD-SoS-TC-FA-SBI-SoS-JQ-ET-SFR-FA-DR

in WvW

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

I’m on FC and we’ve faced 7 different servers in the last 4 weeks.

in WvW

Posted by: urzen.7096

urzen.7096

But that’s because you were at the bottom and several servers quit after league ended.

Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

But that’s because you were at the bottom and several servers quit after league ended.

Where do you get your information?

The only bronze league server that got noticeably weaker than during season 1 is SF and they are stabilizing.

Crystal Desert seems like it’s legitimately hurting but we have not fought them yet.

in WvW

Posted by: Mugo.5723

Mugo.5723

No complaints coming from the bottom servers. From rank 13 (HoD) on down the tiers are scrabbled up every week. In the last four weeks AR has fought 7 different servers (Kain, DR, NSP, FC, DH, ET, SF).

I propose Anet should just make world rankings. To be in T1/T2 NA/EU you need “enough” 24/7 coverage to be in that high of a tier. There is already coverage discrepancies in T3 NA/EU and below so playing outnumbered outside of server primetime isn’t something new . Also it would promote more balance given a couple of months because more NA players would look to play on EU and EU on NA servers. A drastic solution would be just to get rid of Tier 8 altogether but that would cause people to flat out quit the game. Instead the last 3 servers in bronze league after Season 2 should get kicked off the island. Those players can get a free transfer to any server of their choosing.

Anet needs to do something before ESO comes out. Elderscroll games are glitchy upon release and I can only imagine how bugged out an online version would be but that is not going to stop GW 2 players from checking it out.

Manvil Rock Commander Riem Gren [MAN]

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

SBI vs SOS vs YB
Three weeks in a row.
/facepalm

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

No complaints coming from the bottom servers. From rank 13 (HoD) on down the tiers are scrabbled up every week. In the last four weeks AR has fought 7 different servers (Kain, DR, NSP, FC, DH, ET, SF).

But is this because the new matchup system is good or because of population shifts following the leagues?

in WvW

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

Just poking my head in here to say I’m happy to be fighting the same servers every week. The servers just one rank higher blast us out of the water with coverage, the servers a rank below our match get the same treatment from us.

I don’t care what server name prefix my enemies have over their heads nearly as much as I care whether the match is competitive.

People suggesting 1up/1down are completely out of touch with the state of WvW populations, or not thinking it through properly. People complaining about lack of variety in the name tags they fight either forgot or didn’t live through the random matchmaking period last year.

The problem with match stagnation previous to the random matchmaking system was due to the Glicko math causing servers winning matches to require more points each week to gain anything. If we start seeing matches where every single week the point totals are 100k+ above the middle again then it might be time to bump the random factor a bit, but currently most matches are pretty even.

Random colors would be good. The rest of the changes people are suggesting come under the category of “ain’t broke, don’t fix”.

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

in WvW

Posted by: kelman.9451

kelman.9451

SBI vs SOS vs YB
Three weeks in a row.
/facepalm

Actually I think we (YB) has seen SBI 5 weeks in a row now. To top if off SBI greatly outnumbers us and SOS maybe slightly outnumbers us as well. Gee what fun being outnumbered week after week. This is just laziness on Anet part. WvW is only reason a large portion of the players even log in and they don’t even care about it.

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

like i said, if you guys are on the T1 servers and want variety, come down to the lower tiers. we play different servers every weeks…

for the past 5 weeks, CD have been facing BP, EBay, HoD, IoJ and NSP, in various combinations. CD are currently hurting, and will soon get to face FC I believe….

so, the words are " you stack, you stuck"…

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

(edited by azizul.8469)

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

SBI vs SOS vs YB
Three weeks in a row.
/facepalm

have fun !

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

like i said, if you guys are on the T1 servers and want variety, come down to the lower tiers. we play different servers every weeks…

for the past 5 weeks, CD have been facing BP, EBay, HoD, IoJ and NSP, in various combinations…

Those in T1/2/3 probably should transfer down if they’re looking for variety. Those who actually aren’t that stupid will know that if there were more variable matchups, too many servers will either stomp others hard or get stomped hard because of population differences and that’s worse than the current fairly even matchups.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

SBI vs SOS vs YB
Three weeks in a row.
/facepalm

Actually I think we (YB) has seen SBI 5 weeks in a row now. To top if off SBI greatly outnumbers us and SOS maybe slightly outnumbers us as well. Gee what fun being outnumbered week after week. This is just laziness on Anet part. WvW is only reason a large portion of the players even log in and they don’t even care about it.

I’m sure Anet would love to hear your solution to solve the problem.

Hint: There is no solution. People hate unbalanced matchups worse than the same matchup.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in WvW

Posted by: ColderThanYou.7549

ColderThanYou.7549

Hey guys, I’m coming back to SBI. You are not prepared.

in WvW

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

for the past 5 weeks, CD have been facing BP, EBay, HoD, IoJ and NSP, in various combinations. CD are currently hurting, and will soon get to face FC I believe….

Be careful what you wish for. We come down, you go up…

(BTW, I didnt stack on a server. I joined Mag way back in the beginning, and have never left.)

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Have a look at https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Nerf-the-domination-of-Coverage/3467861

Different scoring methods may enable both:
More variance and more balance

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!