Are asura necromancers common?

in Asura

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

I was kinda curious about this, I recently started my third character and I liked the idea of a asura necromancer (not sure if that fits lore wise though lol).

Are they kinda like elementalists in that they’re a common practice for this race?

in Asura

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

Anything spellcaster is going to be more common then warrior, ranger, thief, or maybe guardian (unless more magic focused instead of martial) in the lore sense.

Necromancers? Unsure, but it could easily work. Exploring how bodies work/flesh and bones interact if you wanted to be sciencelike.

I don’t think it’d be SUPER odd, but perhaps not as common as eles.

in Asura

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I think so. I have one. I know many who also have one.

The males have some of the best necromancer lines though so I do recommend male ^^. Mine is a female though.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Asura

DrDivine.5378

Anything spellcaster is going to be more common then warrior, ranger, thief, or maybe guardian (unless more magic focused instead of martial) in the lore sense.

Necromancers? Unsure, but it could easily work. Exploring how bodies work/flesh and bones interact if you wanted to be sciencelike.

I don’t think it’d be SUPER odd, but perhaps not as common as eles.

Yeah I guess it does make sense they would focus more on magic, I always wondered if they actually did practice necromancy.

in Asura

Kalavier.1097

Oola from GW1 was a ‘famous’ necromancer as I recall, but rather nasty to everybody :P.

in Asura

DrDivine.5378

Oola from GW1 was a ‘famous’ necromancer as I recall, but rather nasty to everybody :P.

a good example lol, do you think they’re common as player choices?

in Asura

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

No idea but my main is an asura necro.
I see her in a way as a scientist, someone who deals with the manipulation of live-energy and as a golemancer who is making her golems from alternative organic materials. (At least that’s my view)

Edit: Oh and btw I like to think of her as someone the other asura see as a bit weired and nerdy because she deals with rather disgusting stuff but not as someone who is completely out of place.

(edited by Pirlipat.2479)

in Asura

Kalavier.1097

In mount maelstorm there is a group of asura working on undead parts to make weapons against the risen :P.

in Asura

Pirlipat.2479

I know, I know but isn’t that the place where that NPC lady is yelling at everyone that they are so incompetent? My asura is a bit shy, tbh she fears Zojja too (somehow).
(lol, just checked it, nvm it was another crew^^)

Not very typical for an asura, but anyway.^^

(edited by Pirlipat.2479)

in Asura

Posted by: bullyrook.2165

bullyrook.2165

Asura are not exactly known for politeness or high moral standards, I imagine Necros are quite common.

in Asura

DrDivine.5378

Asura are not exactly known for politeness or high moral standards, I imagine Necros are quite common.

I suppose you’re right, this is a picture of my asura necro. This isn’t a phase mom, this is who I really am. (zombie chicken pet helps)

Attachments:

in Asura

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

My SO plays an Asura necromancer and enjoys it quite a bit. Mine is a Norn. Well, its a bit ironic since she’s the smallest Asura and I’m the largest Norn, and we both use similar builds so we are nearly identical… except the extreme size difference.

They’re the absolute best race for Necromancer when it comes to one-liners.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

in Asura

Posted by: Almoryk Kane.6085

Almoryk Kane.6085

I have a Asuran Necromancer as well. I wasn’t really thinking lore wise if it was a good fit. I was more thinking, “Tiny little Asuran doesn’t get notice amongst a hoard of minions.” Or in recent PVP happenings “Focus on me while my big flesh golem knocks you on your butt.” Seeing players practically bounce when they get hit by Flesh Golem is hilarious.

Best thing about Asuran Necromancer is when they enter death shroud and say “I am Death Incarnate” that is pretty freaking scary coming from a confident short asuran.

in Asura

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

They don’t seem to be as common as elementalists or mesmers, anyway. Beyond that, it’s hard to say.

Mine is a combination palaeontologist/archaeologist/zoologist. It makes it so much simpler when your specimens pull themselves out of the ground and march back to your lab under their own power…

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Asura

Posted by: Corvus.5836

Corvus.5836

There is a Skill Point on the far right side of Metrica Province about half way up the map in which you are questioned by a hologram of Oola, an asuran necro from GW1. She goes on about the relationship she sees between golemancy and necromancy. If you’re lucky you can find a crystal by killing some jaguars near here and take it inside the cave that’s right there. There are some researchers waiting to get inside Oola’s old lab but need that crystal first. The events that unfold inside are very interesting if you like asuran necro lore as it’s one of the few pieces of such lol

(edited by Corvus.5836)

in Asura

Pirlipat.2479

There is a Skill Point on the far right side of Metrica Province about half way up the map in which you are questioned by a hologram of Oola, an asuran necro from GW1. She goes on about the relationship she sees between golemancy and necromancy. If you’re lucky you can find a crystal by killing some jaguars near here and take it inside the cave that’s right there. There are some researchers waiting to get inside Oola’s old lab but need that crystal first. The events that unfold inside are very interesting if you like asuran necro lore as it’s one of the few pieces of such lol

Just a side-question: Do only the jaguars drop the crystal? I tried to get it several times but it never droped.
:(

in Asura

Posted by: yski.7642

yski.7642

Your bookah “necromancers” are little more than poorly designed flesh golems with hardly any power to speak of, and the same goes for most of our own species. I always knew I was meant for something greater. But did they listen to me? Of course they didn’t.

“Too dangerous!”, they said. “The energies will drive you mad!”, they told me. Fools. I am more powerful than they ever imagined!

I am Yski Deathleaf, master of Soul Reaping. I was born in Ascalon before the Searing, and after leaving my inferior peers in college of Synergetics behind I moved my research away from the cowardly fools at Rata Sum. They never grasped even a fraction of what I now know!

Walk the path of power, but learn quickly. When I find you in the Mists, I’ll consume you and the tiny scraps of power you call your magical might. They may have returned, but I will not lose control!

Attachments:

Learn the ways of the mighty Deathleaf: http://www.youtube.com/user/YskiTheBanshee

(edited by yski.7642)

in Asura

Pirlipat.2479

Hmm, I rather got the impression you are one of those poor misled fellows who spent to much time in the company of the human bookah who -unfortunately- use the name of our science for some rather pathetikittentle games while they mostly die young from an influenca because they spent to much time litting some candles after midnight on a foggy graveyard.^^

in Asura

yski.7642

You’ll never make progress without taking risks. If you think Oola grew the limbs she used herself you are not just stupid, you are stupid AND mistaken!

Seriously speaking, it’s a race of mad scientists. A power hungry necromancer going a little bit mad would probably be a norm rather than an exception

Learn the ways of the mighty Deathleaf: http://www.youtube.com/user/YskiTheBanshee

in Asura

Pirlipat.2479

OOC: I think I should have taken an “IC” or something in front of my text. It wasn’t ment to say that your concept is wrong or whatever, it was just to tempting to answer the way my necro would answer.^^

in Asura

yski.7642

No worries, the upper half of my reply was in character as well. I just felt I should perhaps explain a little bit why a character like that would work on an asura, especially considering I mixed some bookah in there as well. Literally.

(edited by yski.7642)

in Asura

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

I am anything but common! I am a graduate of the College of Statics, with a specialty in toxicology learned from only the most knowledgeable of hylek. I am dedicated to efficiency and delight in finding new ways to use old materials. I believe the dead have unlimited untapped potential. I am a Cryptician, and more precisely prefer to refer to myself as a Bureaumancer of Necrotic Efficiency.

Imagine having a workforce that didn’t require rest, sustenance, occupational safety, and best of all, fair compensation for their time or work! The dead would be the perfect unskilled workforce. People are just disposing of bodies. Waste! I’ve just had unforeseen challenges with the implementation of training and control of the reanimated laborers.

Layman’s terms? They bloody keep trying to kill us. NO! No, that’s not why I’ve lost all my independent research funding and was placed under constant Arcane Council supervision. There was an incident. With puppies. On "Bring Your Progeny to Work Day". I figured I should start with something easy like pets you didn’t have to feed. Since they were technically dead. The puppies. Not the progeny. Initially. I still maintain their progenitors were negligent.

- Zetti, uncommon asura necromancer

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Asura

Posted by: Malganis.7468

Malganis.7468

My main is an asura necromancer as well. Necros have always been my favorite class. I mained a necro in GW1 as well. And Asura’s just struck me as a fun race.

Legion of Honour [XIII]: http://operationunion.enjin.com/home
Tarnished Coast